Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 22, 2021 2:58 AM
Oct 2020
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not sure what to think of this one. The music and animation was good though. And I like the character designs. Other than that it felt kind of standard to me. I don’t think any of these stories have been bad, but this was kind of a let down. There are no orders to watch anthologies but I do think they should have saved one of the better episodes for last instead of this one, but that’s just me, in the end it doesn’t matter since they’re all one offs.

Overall I’d give this a 9. Maybe I’ll change it to an 8 after a rewatch, but this was a super good anthology. I hope we get another batch of episodes or even some continuations of some of these. I don’t know if people will watch it legally on Disney+ or not, but that probably comes into account if Disney considers doing this again. But either way, this is a very rare occurrence and I hope we get more Star Wars anime.
Sep 22, 2021 3:09 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Leave it to this studio to produce the one episode with a dark ending. That's probably why this was the last episode, since normally the last episode would be one of the better ones, which this episode doesn't really qualify for. In fact, it might have been the weakest. However, the dark tone and shocking ending leaves a good cliffhanger, despite the story and characters not being that good.

All in all, I really enjoyed this anthology. It had some weak episodes, but that's to be expected. I thought the episodes would be longer, so it's sad that they only averaged about fifteen minutes. My favorite episodes were the 5th and 8th episodes. Those both contained stories which I would like to see explored the most. The least favorite would be the 2nd and the 9th. The rest ranged in between them.

Hopefully we can see more anime Star Wars in the future. Overall, a score of 8 for the entire anthology.
Sep 22, 2021 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
EP 1 and 8 were only worthwhile to watch, rest was meh. Pretty generic storylines...

Sep 22, 2021 6:35 AM
Feb 2021
Personally think this was my least favourite everything was just meh this episode.
Sep 22, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
The OST slaps in this one and perhaps it could be argued that it was a little too upbeat for such bittersweet, though more bitter than sweet, ending. Whether one believes in fate or not, as this episode highlights a certain complexity when it comes to decision makings, sometimes a wrong decision can still get the right results, or vice versa.

The collaborations and the anthology as whole was a very interesting experience. As someone who was already heavily invested in both, it feels strange witnessing two entirely different yet loved franchises/media outlets (Anime x Star Wars) come together and produce such great content. Haven't felt like this since playing the Marvel vs. Capcom games for the very first time.

Episode 1, 3, 5 and 8 are my top faves, cheers to Trigger and Production I.G for remaining consistent as usual.
Sep 22, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2011
Was interesting for the end.

Misa design is strange because of that highlights.

King sister must have been adopted.

And at the end the only real bad was TRIGGER'S episode 3, that was just throw random shit, and kinda bad episode 2, the top was 5 followed by 8 , and the rest is even.
Sep 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Oct 2019
I liked the end. Reminds me of palpatines deal towards anakin in the movies. how he offers to save the life of his loved one in exchange for going over to the dark side.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Sep 22, 2021 1:19 PM

Jan 2009
bad ending the Jedi has fallen to the Dark Side here

but nice animation and simple character design from Science Saru again
Sep 22, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2020
I would ranks
A+ =The Village Bride and The Ninth Jedi
A = The Duel and The elder
B = Lop and Ocho and Akakiri
C= The Twins, T0-B1 and Tatooine Rhapsody

The Village Bride had awesome dialogue delivery and breath taking lore. I was fully immerse in it. The scene where F came to save those village girls reminded me of my long forgotten love for starwars.

The Ninth Jedi was best story out of all episodes. The plot twist was so good and perfectly portrayed. It kept me at the edge of my seat.

The Duel was beautiful and had a unique style mixing samurai and starwars with well choreographed fight. but not much story to it and neither could I connect to characters very much

The Elder felt most like actual starwars than any other, especially the villan was very noteworthy. He perfectly nailed the eerie feeling a sith villan should give out. But this episode didn't have any plus factor to stands out.

Lop and Ocho was good too. But its just standard rivalry and successor troupes. Nothing special.

Akakiri on the other hand was engaging but it kind of had weird animation and story was slight bit edgy. Also It kind of disappointing to end the entire series there.

The Twins had 2 beautifully captured scenes (one was the beginning where characters are introduced and other was the ship was sliced into two). But rest of it was making me uncomfortable. It was basically starwars stripping during power fights and trigger chan coming out of it. That was just awkward... They were cosplaying starwars

T0-B1 was more of a osamu tezuka service than starwars. (They even had that potato nose). Character and story are nothing special and are were just rehashes or references. Just like above one this one also seemed like cosplaying starwars.

Tatooine Rhapsody was nothing great, but still it was technically not bad either. I even did appreciate boba fett and jabba cameos. But they were trying to Rick-roll there, I didnot appreciate that. They should have just focused on the theme (aka music band) they were trying to show, instead of trying to stands out. (For some reason this episode gave me the solo movie vibe)

Overall great anthology series for starwars. I enjoyed it a lot.
AdampkSep 22, 2021 1:51 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 22, 2021 8:13 PM
Jul 2019
So, the last ep has that despair on a Jedi to which he joins the dark side........
Sep 22, 2021 9:13 PM

Jan 2009
the dark side of the force is strong

Sep 22, 2021 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
Dark ending for the final episode, with Tsubaki going to the dark side. I expected this to be longer as the finale, so what we got was a bit underwhelming. Overall though, I enjoyed this series, and it was interesting seeing different creative takes on Star Wars.

Top-tier episodes: Episodes 1, 5, and 8. The best episodes easily, most rewatch value, and would definitely want to see expansions of these stories.

Mid-tier episodes: Episodes 3 and 9. Rewatched episode 3 and liked it a little less than the first time. But overall these episodes were still solid, they just either needed some fine tuning or left me wanting a little more than what we got.

Low-tier episodes: Episode 2. Just really didn't care for that one at all.

As for episodes 4, 6, and 7, I'd put episodes 4 and 7 in between mid and top tier. They didn't quite reach top tier status for me, but were good enough as they were to not fall to mid-tier. Episode 6 at first was low-tier, but I'd now stick it in between low and mid tier just because of the final fight alone. Solid 7/10 for the series overall.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 23, 2021 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
This one was okay, the story was as simple as it gets, also the weird artstyle. However thought it would be strange that no one wouldn't use this opportunity to show something from dark side.

Overall 7/10
A bit dissapointed, prob hyped it too much (mostly of the 3rd one) ...
The best ones for me is the "force", really like the Jedi lady and the 8th, animation explosion. The Ninth Jedi was also very good, the best one storywise.
Sep 23, 2021 12:57 AM

May 2018
Too sum what I liked from this anthology: the Kamikaze Douga one, the Production I.G one, the second from Studio Trigger, the Geno Studio one and the second from Science SARU.
The music was great in all the episodes - amazing job from all the composers.

The subs were trash. 10-15% of the time they conveyed wrong information...maybe they ware closer to the dub? I didn't bother to check it out.
Sep 23, 2021 5:10 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Should've just end the anthology with the last episode which was good. This one is just stinky poo. 1.5/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 23, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2015
Conceptually it had more potential than it lived up to. Artstyle also wasn't really doing it for me
Sep 23, 2021 10:00 AM

May 2015
You were supposed to destroy the Sith, Tsubaki, not join them...
Sep 24, 2021 12:59 AM

Nov 2020
He embraced the dark side of the force
as he should

Sep 24, 2021 2:58 AM
Apr 2021
alshu said:

The subs were trash. 10-15% of the time they conveyed wrong information...maybe they ware closer to the dub? I didn't bother to check it out.

I noticed that as well, Disney+ really dropped the ball with whatever those subs were supposed to be. I even switched to dub a couple times mid episode out of curiosity and they didn't always match there either.
Thankfully there was nothing too complex dialogue-wise.
Sep 24, 2021 7:00 AM

Oct 2016
Meh, despite being short it was mostly empty of content and felt too much like the prequels to me, ended the anthology on a rather underwhelming note, but as a whole it was fine, anime keeps being a surprisingly good medium when it comes to anthologies, not even modern Disney and Star Wars could ruin it.
Sep 24, 2021 2:13 PM

Aug 2016
Akakiri by Science Saru

Decent episode, with an interesting end.
It also had clear references to The Hidden Fortress, the Japanese Classic that inspired George Lucas' creation of Star Wars.

Overall 3 good episodes, 3 decent ones and 3 weak episodes.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 25, 2021 1:20 AM

Apr 2020
As someone who never watched a Star Wars movie from start to end I liked this but I expected more. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 25, 2021 1:55 AM

Oct 2016
This was a pretty good episode. It was kinda like a retelling of Anakin's story from the prequels. It definitely mirrored his decent to the dark side with the vision of the death of a loved one, and the obsession that comes with trying to prevent it from happening. It was actually a pretty good way to wrap up this anthology series.
Sep 25, 2021 6:20 AM
Oct 2017
Well at least in this story the jedi was able to save the one he loved after joining dark side. Animation reminded me of Crybaby or maybe Great Pretender. Overall it was nice. At this point I wasnt expecting an episode with a dark ending so it caught me off guard.
Sep 26, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
This is weird because the animation art-style is different from what I used to watch anime, although I love its expressiveness. Good episode. Bad Ending Episode which I like to see. The music is great. Easily could have set at least a millennium before all the films, I think. Although, I don't think this is best episode to be that last.
Sep 26, 2021 10:33 PM

Jan 2021
Didn’t except the last episode to be a Jedi joining the dark side and i liked the animation style
Sep 27, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2013
Hoh... I wonder where the plot goes?
Sep 28, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2018
They put a short episode for the last which was weird. But the shocking ending kinda makes up for it. But aside from the ending I really don't know what else to say about it. It's way too short for any sort of meaningful worldbuilding even though it's technically set in the Star Wars universe (or galaxy?).

Star Wars Visions was an interesting watch. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan as I only watched the original trilogy and couldn't make it through Phantom Menace. If I didn't watch these then I probably wouldn't have bothered to watch Visions. I'm kinda glad I did. My favorite episodes were episode 4 (The Village Bride) and 8 (Lop and Ocho). Episode 2 and 6 was probably my "least favorite" in nicer terms. The Studio Trigger episodes were good I'm not gonna deny that but they were kind of a letdown compared to the other episodes. I'm glad I watched the whole thing instead cherrypicking ones that I thought I'd like.

In the end it's non-canon and you can see that when you notice all the creative liberties the studios' writing team took. So I don't think this anime should cause too much headache for people especially Star Wars fans.
Sep 29, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2012
I'm glad to see Star Wars: Visions end with a very strong episode. Overall, the series was pretty unimpressive to me mainly because it just didn't feel like Star Wars. I can't fault the series too much for that because Star Wars has been going through an identity crisis since Disney bought it an nucked the cannon.

This final episode is the only one that actually understands how the light and dark side work. They aren't just different sides of a sports match, they are results of the choices you make everyday. It is a challenging struggle to be a jedi because you have to hold the moral line every single day. Any mistake you make creates a crack where the dark side can enter, and the jedi in this episode fell to that.
Sep 30, 2021 5:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not a fan of this one but it was still fine, but overall it was quite a pretty good concept and I like most of the episodes, I just like seeing the animation and story changing for each episode but still being linked to Star Wars' universe :)
Sep 30, 2021 3:55 PM

Aug 2011
Not sure how I feel about ending this anthology with a dark ending, but it was refreshing! I liked both of the eps Science SARU worked on, both animation styles were super intriguing. Overall, I enjoyed watching the different studios experiment with story and style within the Star Wars universe.
desu desu binches
Oct 7, 2021 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
The character designs were kinda bad and weird but story-wise was much better this time. Finally the Jedi are defeated this time. I like it.

Well, overall this anime is 4/10. Most episodes are bad or meh, save for this, The Ninth Jedi and maybe The Twins. T0-B1, The Elder, Lop & Ochō are the worst.

-The Duel: dumb antagonist, plot armor for Jedi.
-Tatooine Rhapsody: at least its different this time but still boring.
-The Twins: Trigger being Trigger. I like it.
-The Village Bride: boring, generic.
-The Ninth Jedi: probably the best except maybe the plot armor.
-T0-B1: the worst episode. Cringe battles, cringe characters and awful pacing.
-The Elder: another bad episode. Plot armor was extremely stupid this time.
-Lop & Ochō: anti-Empire episode. The "family theme" feels out of place and the forced Jedi introduction is just bad.
-Akakiri: bad character designs but I love the dark ending.
NurguburuOct 7, 2021 11:28 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2021 4:56 PM

May 2012
I was honestly surprised to see this on Disney+ to be honest. The different settings, styles, and amazing choices of Japanese Voice Actors really have it an amazing turn to what each episode has to tell with their own view on what Star Wars is all about!

Quite liked it a lot seeing all these Studio's making something quite impressive yet keep true to Star Wars to a certain point.

All in all I really liked it that not only some of the greater studios participated making this, but also for Disney allowing it.

But yea it was quite unexpected yet very great to watch.
Oct 10, 2021 1:57 AM

May 2020
Eh. This was alright but it never really hit the highs I thought it might hit. I wasn't really impressed by any of it. The 5th and the 7th were the only one I really liked (The 4th's sondtrack slapped though).
Oct 10, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
Kinda confused why the girl was in a guards outfit suddenly. Was she secretly on the dark side the whole time?

Anyways,

1, 4, and 8 were my favorite. Loved the setting of 1. 4 Had great world building and OST (I think the Nier Automata OST producer did this one?) and 8 was just really well animated and had a good story for a 20 min episode.

2, 3, and 7 were probably my least enjoyed. I keep giving Trigger a chance and they keep disappointing me. Enjoying some of their stuff (TTGL, Little Witch Academia) seems to be the exception, not the norm (DITF, Kiznaiver, episodes 3 and 7 of this, Gridman)
Oct 10, 2021 11:12 PM

Sep 2019
Bad guys win, so it’s automatically the best one! ( I’m joking.)

Anyway the series overall it’s solid, I had fun.
Oct 11, 2021 8:13 PM
Nov 2019
Loved the ending to this one. Its Anakin turn to the dark side in about 15 minutes, but he actually succeeds in saving his love interest.
Oct 12, 2021 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Ah, we end on an Eunyoung Choi directed episode. Was kind of fast paced, but she was definitely going for a succession of tableaux with various dichotomies at play (nature/city, nobles/plebians, bravery/cowardice, girl/man, day/night, etc) so it's a complete success in that regard.

I like how Tsuabki's final throe against destiny actually seals his fate, felt like a Greek tragedy.

In a way this finale encapsulates the essence of Star Wars and why we enjoy it: it re-enacts the eternal rise and fall of mankind.
Oct 26, 2021 3:37 AM

Jul 2015
Nice one, putting the only episode with a grim end as the last one. Kinda too bad almost all of them have revolve around samurai and lightsabers as Star wars got a lot more to offer. Gotta say while ep 5 is the best one, ep 8 had the best animation and ep 2 was just fun to see and also the most out-of-the box one with its weird concept.

Nov 25, 2021 12:22 AM

May 2015
Episode 1 - 6/10
Episode 2 - 7/10
Episode 3 - 8/10
Episode 4 - 8/10
Episode 5 - 7/10
Episode 6 - 9/10
Episode 7 - 4/10
Episode 8 - 10/10
Episode 9 - 7/10
Average score: ~7/10
It wasn't that bad for the first anime in Disney+. I'm pretty sure this was an experiment to see which anime studios are the most profitable to make bonds with. I applaud the intentions of Disney entering the anime market. Now Netflix has a competitor, and the fans more stuff to watch.
Jan 13, 2022 10:35 PM

Aug 2018
9th episode(last): "Akakiri" by Science Saru
Second episode by Science Saru. This episode ends...on the dark side, it was good.
Star Wars: Visions was very good. The different stories animated by each studio were very good.
Jan 20, 2022 5:04 AM
Oct 2019
wow he joining the dark side in order to save the girl... that's an interesting ending.

overall solid 7/10
would love if they continue doing it but do a proper series.
Jan 24, 2022 9:22 PM
May 2020
This is episode is literally the second worst episode imo, the characters were confusing to understand. The OST is actual garbage and annoying to listen to, the other episodes were way better than this one. Kinda sad that the anime didn't end with a banger...
Feb 7, 2022 10:13 AM

Sep 2016
That was an interesting episode, but idk. I would have enjoyed it more if actually knew who these characters were. Every other episode felt like a pilot episode to a show that doesn't exist, this one felt like I'm watching the last 15 minutes of a movie without context.

Overall, Visions was a mixed (like all anthology are), but I enjoyed it a lot. I REALLY want a full series of the Village Bride and Lop and Ocho. If I have to rank the episodes then it will be:

1- Lop and Ochō
2- The Village Bride
3- The Duel
4- The Elder
5- The Ninth Jedi
6- Akakiri
7- Tatooine Rhapsody
8- T0-B1
9- The Twins
May 24, 2022 1:50 AM
Oct 2019
kinda torn on this one

the art wasn't really my style, and yet, i kind of found it interesting anyways?

the story was mostly good, even though i hate when people do stupid stuff. i'm assuming those the jedi and the princess were in love? even though the story kept it subtle

so the king's sister has the princess killed, then revives the princess, then leaves the planet? so...she's ok with the princess being alive and remaining there while the new queen and her puppy fly away? odd...

not a happy ending. i LIKE happy endings. but this one worked

7/10 for this episode, and 7/10 for the whole series

========================

now. i like the idea of ranking the 9 episodes, but i'll use tiers:

TOP TIER (8+/10 for all)
episode 1 - duel (absolutely loved the art/style)
episode 4 - village bride (great story)
episode 5 - 9th jedi (great story)

MIDDLE TIER (6-7/10 unless noted)
episode 3 - twins (6/10)
episode 6 - to-b1 (my favorite of this tier)
episode 7 - elder
episode 9 - akikiri

BOTTOM TIER (4-5/10)
episode 2 - tatooine rhapsody (don't like music anime)
episode 8 - lop ocho (hate stupid bitches)
May 31, 2022 9:52 PM

Oct 2013
Quite original looking designs, compared to previous episodes. Animation and music were good, same with direction. However I couldn't stop thinking that this episode lacked something... maybe more substance? First half (trip to that castle) was way better than the second one that was meant to be the climax of this episode.

While this whole anthology's episodes were not meant to be watched in order for the best experience, I'd put this episode on earlier spot, leaving the spot dedicated for the very last episode to perhaps another episode.

About the show itself, Star Wars: Visions was a fun ride. I appreciated seeing more creative (even if contrary to the canon or lore) approach to Star Wars seen in several episodes out of 9 that were released.

I'd love to see another season of such project.
Jun 5, 2022 9:23 AM
Aug 2017
I was pretty surprised with the art style of this episode. It's really good and it did something different from the other episodes and felt like those cal art animations in youtube. I'm a bit disappointed in the fight scenes. It felt a bit lacking.

The execution of the story though was interesting. It pretty much did the same thing with what Revenge of the Sith tried to do with Anakin but with better execution. Don't get me wrong, I love ROTS and Anakin but the story was held back by the overall direction and some of the dialogue.
Mar 13, 2023 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
Stylistically one of the better eps, but overall very disappointing and only a few that are actually worth watching.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 9, 2023 6:02 PM
Sep 2021
I like the trippy art style of Science Saru, and I enjoyed the dark twist at the end—nice kind of retelling of Revenge of the Sith.
Apr 15, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2023
Jedi Turns Sith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» When are they going to put season two in the database?

HarrWalk - Aug 17, 2023

15 by Old_School_Akira »»
May 8, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

EmmyMoomin - Sep 22, 2021

63 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 4, 5:16 PM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

73 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 4, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 15, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Star Wars: Visions Episode 7 Discussion

45 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 7, 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.