Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2020 5:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmmm the end with the two fish is interesting... pretty good episode
Feb 17, 2020 6:25 AM

May 2019
I wonder what's the crushed Hayashi up to these days...
And yet again Hiroki is best boy.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 17, 2020 6:26 AM

Nov 2010
The whole picture of the story is getting revealed gradually. Simply speaking, it's conflicts in a family of Chinese mafia and among the psychics as their tool. Actually, many fishes are dead already.
Feb 17, 2020 6:36 AM
Sep 2015
I want to see the next job already! I think they present the internal conflict too soon, that should save for later plot.
Feb 17, 2020 6:55 AM

Nov 2019
Yeah.. I could do without having to hear every seiyu working on the show trying to speak Chinese..

this_shit_againFeb 17, 2020 7:11 AM
Feb 17, 2020 7:36 AM

Mar 2016
I am having a very hard time trusting Tsukasa. I love it when a likeable character is also hard to trust. It really adds tension!
Feb 17, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Still waiting for Hayashi to recover and save Meiling
Feb 17, 2020 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
I'm trying my best to trust Tsukasa but something is really fishy... he still doesn't tell everything to Hiroki and hides what he is talking in chinese from him... Tsukasa don't do this :( I still wanna love you!!! Don't make me take you out from my 'favorites' list :(
Also...Hiroki is the best boy again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2020 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Tsukasa will do everything to bring down the company so I feel scared for Hiroki since he is the only innocent character, damn.
Feb 17, 2020 9:59 AM

Jan 2020
this_shit_again said:
Yeah.. I could do without having to hear every seiyu working on the show trying to speak Chinese..

Yeah I'm not a big fan of that either, I irritates me, I don't know why...

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 17, 2020 10:02 AM

Jan 2020
NemoTheLost said:
Tsukasa will do everything to bring down the company so I feel scared for Hiroki since he is the only innocent character, damn.

And on top of that, Tsukasa clearly states that Hiroki is his "pet", DAMN MY LORD, this 'bout to hit hard if he finds out.

MyAnimeList Profile ✦ Anime List Manga List ✦
Feb 17, 2020 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
zeroyanagi said:
NemoTheLost said:

And on top of that, Tsukasa clearly states that Hiroki is his "pet", DAMN MY LORD, this 'bout to hit hard if he finds out.

Well he is his pet, I think he cherishes Hiroki in his own way ;]
Feb 17, 2020 11:51 AM
May 2019
Another amazing episode.
Tsukasa is playing some 4D Chess here, wonder how it will turn out.
Feb 17, 2020 2:40 PM

Apr 2013
The two fish at the end...Satoru's death flag has become so apparent! I really don't trust Tsukasa, he's definitely going to do sth unforgivable.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Feb 17, 2020 5:48 PM

Feb 2019
Another great ep. Will say it again:

Once you get used to the show, it's amazing. The low MAL score is indicative of a lot of people just not paying attention while watching it. It's not a show that will spoon-feed you everything. You have to put the pieces together that it gives you. That, and maybe a lot of people aren't with the Yaoi vibes which I can respect, personally not a fan myself but the story and world are good enough to overlook it.
Feb 17, 2020 8:37 PM

Oct 2018
Xstasy said:
Another amazing episode.
Tsukasa is playing some 4D Chess here, wonder how it will turn out.

Very well said right there, Tsukasa is really up to something, I hope his game will lead to a good and fair victory!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2020 8:40 PM

Oct 2018
NemoTheLost said:
zeroyanagi said:

Well he is his pet, I think he cherishes Hiroki in his own way ;]

Indeed, although Tsukasa veiws Hiroki only as his 'pet', he can't but just protect and treasure him cuz Hiroki is the only one left in Tsukasa's life after all, otherwise Tsukasa would be completely alone and lost... might actually go mental, even tho he is not that mentally stable anymore
Feb 17, 2020 9:37 PM
Apr 2018
It's really hard to trust Tsukasa now. He's been hiding a lot from Hiroki, I don't if what he says in their peak is enough to keep Hiroki safe and sane. But Tsukasa looks a lot hotter after being crushed. Maybe that's just me.
Feb 17, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
6/10
Feb 18, 2020 2:33 AM

Jul 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I am having a very hard time trusting Tsukasa. I love it when a likeable character is also hard to trust. It really adds tension!

I am wondering if that little monolouge about him starting from scratch is a sign that Hayashi might not be fully crushed or maybe was able to implant a fake memory.
Feb 18, 2020 4:36 AM

Jul 2017
The insanity of me as an Asian Chinese listening to Japanese VAs speaking Chinese is just driving me nuts, though it's not the best but it'll do.

The premise should be clear about the rift between China qigong masters and the psychics of Crushers. I take one look at Meiling and how she's tormented at her valley, but with the crushed Hayashi showing her the peak instead, what a way to rub the "pet" rhetoric in. Furthermore, with the Chinese conglomerates, the Company will be seeking more and more as Tsukasa reels in the loss and even more to the innocent Hiroki.

Seeing the already crushed Tsukasa still being controlled by the Company and the pet Hiroki clinging onto him, it was unimaginable fate. The pet wants to run away, but the master doesn't want to let go, which is quite sad for the moment, but to entrust each other's Peaks as a reward is just asking for too much, but Hiroki continues his bidding for a better life.

In the end, the Crusher who crushed his former family (Hayashi) has to make ends meet by starting from the people closest to him to reach the top. What truly is his objective now, he has to run this show together with Hiroki.
Feb 19, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2017
Tsukasa's upto something and looks like he might go after Satoru. The tension is building up.
Feb 19, 2020 8:38 AM

Oct 2013
Well he is his pet, I think he cherishes Hiroki in his own way ;][/quote]

Indeed, although Tsukasa veiws Hiroki only as his 'pet', he can't but just protect and treasure him cuz Hiroki is the only one left in Tsukasa's life after all, otherwise Tsukasa would be completely alone and lost... might actually go mental, even tho he is not that mentally stable anymore[/quote]

Yeah I have a bad feeling about his physical and mental state ;(
Feb 20, 2020 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
I really hope someone saves Meiling somehow. If Tsukasa xan be uncrushed I feel there's hope.

So glad this series turned interesting. Watched the first episode when it aired and was not hooked, so I put it at the end of my catch up list. Hate that it's on Amazon Prime.
Feb 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
Going by his internal thoughts I get the feeling Tsukasa may have started to see Hiroki as more than just a pet, but he's likely too far gone.

I wonder if the fish is a death flag for Satoru or Hiroki.

Feb 21, 2020 7:24 AM

Sep 2016
We got to see how Meiling worked for the company. It seems that she’s trapped in the ‘valley’. And the only way that can relieve her suffering a bit is to look at the butterfly as she was separated from Hayashi before she could be given the personality & the ‘peak’. Jin’s cousin seemed to take advantage of that and forced her to work by threatening to burn the butterfly. Guess that’s why they regard the ‘baby’ as the best tool.

On the other side, Tsukasa is trying to get more freedom while knowing it’s impossible to really get rid of the company. My guess is that he will create more babies for the company with the help of Hiroki so that the babies will do the dirty work instead of themselves. In this case, Hiroki & he have to be the only ppl who’re capable of creating babies so that he can have more leverage to negotiate with the company. Therefore, Satoru is getting in his way as he’s also able to do that.

Tsukasa can probably be considered as an antagonist despite of him being my favorite character in the show. But it makes me sad to see him trying to prove his worth & struggling for some happiness in the face of the hardships. As he talked to Hiroki, he considered himself unwanted unless he managed to prove himself useful while Hiroki was needed from the start. I really hope that there will be a happy ending for him. But the lyrics in the OP & those Chinese words in the ED worries me a lot.
Feb 21, 2020 9:55 AM
Jan 2016
does anime pet faithfully adapt screen manga ?
Feb 21, 2020 10:49 AM

Mar 2010
Satoru literally just predicted his own death by looking at the fish :D

Jin_uzuki said:

By Tsukasa's idea it has to be Satoru's death flag because before that scene Tsukasa said that "Satoru has to go".

Although what is strange for me is that if Tsukasa really wants to protect Hiroki (either because thanks to Hiroki Tsukasa can fix himself or because he cares for him), wouldn't it be better if Satoru worked for the company creating those "babies" so Hiroki wouldn't have to do that job. Strange.

But right now Tsukasa sees Satoru as a competitor, hence the fish death reference since the stronger fish killed the weaker one. But a competitor to what exactly? Yes they have same powers but why do they have to compete.. this i don't get. They could work together instead and literally brainwash all the company if they wanted..
LylaazFeb 21, 2020 10:58 AM
Feb 21, 2020 2:01 PM

Apr 2009
Lylaaz said:
Satoru literally just predicted his own death by looking at the fish :D

Jin_uzuki said:

By Tsukasa's idea it has to be Satoru's death flag because before that scene Tsukasa said that "Satoru has to go".

Aye, but it's Hiroki actually turns into a fish, hence I'm wondering it the story will turn it around and actually have Hiroki die and Tsukasa go off the deep end because of it.

They could work together instead and literally brainwash all the company if they wanted..

Tsukasa seem unable to trust anyone but Hiroki, and especially I imagine he would have a personal dislike of Satoru who "stole" Hayashi from him all those years ago.

Feb 23, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2016
tsukasa's mandarin makes me nauseous.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Feb 24, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2018
i don't think Hayashi is dead
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
I feel like hiroki is just being used again
Is the manga worth reading?
Mar 1, 2020 3:29 PM

Jan 2015
emraanash said:
i don't think Hayashi is dead

Me neither and I hope he isn't, he is a good character and I think he could turn the story to a better path
Mar 2, 2020 3:29 PM

Aug 2017
Is Hayashi dead or something? He could be alive but we don't know. I have a feeling that Tsukasa will betray Hiroki.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 25, 2020 10:53 AM

Jul 2015
That's one hell of a way to take revenge....buttnaked it is...

Was that foreshadowing there at the end with what Satoru said

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2020

87 by SybilJesso »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Mar 9, 2020

36 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Feb 24, 2020

37 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 11, 8:26 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 6 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

43 by JeanFranciss »»
Feb 4, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Pet Episode 5 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 18, 2020

45 by Roch2001 »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.