Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 10, 2020 9:31 AM
Dec 2019
Was an okish episode, but won't continue watching this. Maybe I will check out opinions about it later on.

But there was one tiny thing that fascinated me. He has the "Feel pain"-option turned off. Now, my initial thought was "who the hell wouldn't turn that off? you would be so underpowered compared to any other player!".

But then it occured to me... anyone who has ever played an MMO somewhat seriously knows how insane this can get. So I would reckon that if you balanced the "pain" by an adequate bonus, for example better loot, more DPS... hot damn, even if it's only like 2% more effective you can bet that most hardcore players will have this option on all the time! I guess you could even make special hardcore content that can only be accessed if you have that option on. Damn, the (infinite) possibilities!

Sorry for this slight off topic ramble, but had to get this out of my system ^_^
SylverthasJan 10, 2020 9:35 AM
Jan 10, 2020 9:41 AM
Mar 2019
I think I like the world as far as we know it now. Unlimited possibilities sounds kinda cool but so far no attention grabbing characters other than the Kuma Bear.
Jan 10, 2020 10:06 AM
May 2019
I think It is pretty much good.
Jan 10, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2015
Weak, even if it`s a game those isekai are getting worse every season, the guy just logged in and has stats enough to evade super powerful mobs skills and so, they used to grind at least for 1-2 episodes, now it`s just fan service and * the RPG part that was cool
Jan 10, 2020 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
When I saw the trailer, I honestly didn't feel this was going to be anything special, or good. But it's better than I expected it to be. Still not great however, pretty OK start.
Jan 10, 2020 11:25 AM

May 2014
Nieznajomy43 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:
I won't praise the LN to high heaven, but some of the criticism is hasty. You can't really expect the story to get very far in the first episode.

fair point but BOFURI manage to be more interesting also in just 1 episode.
It is the long run that counts. Already after a few dozen web novel chapters, I have about zero faith in BOFURI.
Jan 10, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
Well... I am kinda like ok...I guess
Jan 10, 2020 12:33 PM

Feb 2019
Know what would be really refreshing for a change? An anime about people playing a game that actually Works as a game!

Don’t get me wrong, between an anime about fantasy and an anime about playing a fantasy game I would always pick the first. But if we are going to have to deal with people playing games and status screens at the very least they could remotely work as a game.
I'm always a bit mystified by shows like this because they act like they're about MMOs and/or RPGs but the author don't seem to know the first thing about them, we moved on from there to a dude straight up explaining all the basic facts about the setting, which is how this setting is a game, but literally everything in it is the same as real life, possibly the five minutes of character creation aren't the worst thing. Or maybe it's more accurate to say that it's all the worst thing. We're halfway through the episode and all we've established is that we're supposed to assume that everything is exactly as it appears and is no different from if it was just a regular fantasy setting without all the exposition. What was the goddamned point of any of it then? And yet, somehow, more story than the goddamned cat slave show.

But we could still theoretically salvage things with visual spectacle and an awesome action scene. While it might have been slightly better animated than that other MMO show about a masochistic girl, it took the same approach to its fight scene. Which is to say watching gauges go down and seeing someone pop the top off a potion. This one can't pretend that it's a parody though, and it gets especially bad when he's shouting out a speech about how all he wants is a happy end for a little girl. Then an insert song kicks in and his slave wife sword pops out. They'll at least be animating him attacking once though, right? …Right? It's the big climax moment of the episode. …Nope!
Jan 10, 2020 12:41 PM
Dec 2015
Maybe I really want to not dislike this show. But I still think it could be decent somehow, though it could be easily destroyed. Ironically, all these stupid and repetitive tropes and fan service happen to make logical sense (to me at least) because it's a show about playing a game which may be a product that is aimed at people who enjoy stuff like this. Although it's probably not looking terrible to me only because I haven't seen enough anime about VR games.
Jan 10, 2020 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Not terrible so far I guess but despite the pretty enough artstyle ep1 just feels bland.

and can the MC please please please stfu with his stupid catchphrase?
Jan 10, 2020 1:11 PM

Mar 2018
ok so why would I want to see this bland dude play a game. where's the part that's supposed to hook me.
poop
Jan 10, 2020 1:17 PM

Jun 2013
Incredibly generic but not bad
Jan 10, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
A generic wish-fulfillment harem isekai with overpowered protagonist. Except it's not a harem, and not technically an isekai, but it so far manages to behave in an exactly same way as one. There is nothing creative about it, it just follows the pattern established by other shows ...

I wonder about one thing though.

What would happen if he decided for a female avatar? Would the game change his voice to match the character, or would he just sound off with a female body? Would he get same waifu if avatar was different, or would the female character get some bishie instead?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jan 10, 2020 3:52 PM
Feb 2017
After watching Darwin's Game, which i thought would be SAO 2.0, but turned out to be a completely different story, I've decided to give it a go. Actually I've never been that disappointed. It was so boring, didn't have any introduction. I'm actually considering dropping it but we will se after a couple of episodes.
Jan 10, 2020 4:25 PM
Jan 2016
This wasn't even a bad 1st episode by isekai/MMO anime standards, quite the opposite actually...

I feel like it's almost become a cultural thing in the anime community to rip on isekai and MMO shows the second they come out if the 1st episode doesn't make you cum in your pants instantly from how amazing and original it is.....

Those of you looking for a reason to watch this, just watch it....I actually deleted this off my list before even watching it because everyone was saying it was garbage, but a few days later, but I just watched the 1st episode because I was caught up with the rest of the stuff that started airing, and it wasn't bad at all.......stereotypical, yes....but not BAD
Jan 10, 2020 4:52 PM

Dec 2018
holy fuck, that sword handle is terribly designed...
I had to pause and just think about how terrible it was for a moment

other than that, it's totally fine, lol
not sure why people are hating on it
Jan 10, 2020 7:03 PM
Dec 2019
Not much original tbh, but i liked it anyway, for now there isn't a primary objetive or mission. I'll bet for the battles, hope we can enjoy some good of them.

[75/100]
Jan 10, 2020 7:05 PM

May 2019
A cool first ep. Interested to see the possibilities

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 10, 2020 7:49 PM
Jul 2015
Holy shit that game is awful. NPCs can permanently die (not the worst, but not a good thing either imo. Could be good if used correctly though), quests get triggered randomly, absolutely unbalanced and you get a 24 hour penalty when you die which is 72 hours ingame? Sounds like a fucking awful experience. But yeah, go realism. That's why people play games.
So is this anime. And I don't tend to say that when I've only seen the first ep
Also, I've counted about 3 ripoffs: SAO (sort of), Date A Live (Nemesis looks a looot like Tohka and er Sword form looks a loooot like Sandalphon) and the Fate franchise with this command seal thingy and master stuff.
Also wtf is his catchphrase.
I'll give it one more ep
JakkoFourEyesJan 10, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 10, 2020 9:36 PM

Mar 2018
Well, at least he didn't "eat" that centipede thing...

Probably because... That'll leave bad taste in his mouth. (Sorry, I just had to.)

Jan 10, 2020 11:05 PM
Feb 2019
correct me if i am wrong but didn't they say that once a tian dies they dont come back to life? If that's the case other players would have taken the quest and surely milianne didn't survive each time a player took the quest? and they made it sound like the quest was familiar so it wasnt the first time the quest was taken.
Jan 11, 2020 3:59 AM

Nov 2011
Weak start but at least there were some interesting aspects about the game which i found interesting.

Ill give it a few more episodes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 11, 2020 4:02 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
mUgEn nO kAnOuSEi !!!

Sounds like pretty bad plot incoming...
Jan 11, 2020 4:21 AM

Jun 2017
Alright the brother is more interesting so far lol. Sword waifu seems nice but the MC is super generic. Anyway, I'll give it a chance to mature.
Jan 11, 2020 8:35 AM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

The difference is that you deserve it. The dude you're making fun of doesn't.

Watch it guys, we have some sort of vigilante that knows what's right and what's wrong and he will smite you down if in his childish and blind folded mind he thinks you deserved to be smiten. GTFO dumb edgy kid.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

I like looking at forums to see what people are saying about shows, even if I haven't seen them. I DON'T NEED TO HAVE SEEN THE SHOW TO POINT OUT THAT YOU'RE AN ASSWIPE

So you admit that you have absolutely nothing to provide to the actual discussion, but you feel entitled to tell others when something doesn't sit with your narrow minded standards? And somehow I'm the troll, despite I actually do contribute to the topic on the thread.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

Get a life and stop trolling people on an anime database website.

This is hilarous coming from a loser kid that has more than 4K comments that most likely very few of them actually contribute to the topic.
Get yourself examined kid, you seriously need profesional help if you think you're right about how you interact in an internet messageboard.
KimurahJan 11, 2020 9:05 AM
Jan 11, 2020 8:40 AM

Dec 2016
Fluxje said:
Kimurah said:

This isn't a videogame, animation isn't judged with "graphics", it's called artstyle or simply art

Ok mr. Passive Agressive, I took the only thing out that wasnt you repeating yourself again but then with different words.

'Graphics' was being used before computer games was even a thing. Its a general term that can be used how a presentation, a theater / movie i.e. can be presented as a whole. The way that the game was introduced through the bunny, the setting and the way it was drawn, the transition into the city. The city itself. It fit as a whole.
Now for the actual art, it was decent to good, meaning the actual drawing of persona's and objects was well done, without it being cgi'd. Nor did it look like any of the bad 80's stuff I watched. The art-style I like, like the sword and the armour of the maid, it reminds me of a couple of japanese RPG's I have played.

Any other oneliners you want to throw at me?

Without actual EVIDENCE, your argument is completely worhtless. And even if it was true that graphics was used to depict the quality of visuals, it's something that it is reserved for videogames and similar computer artworks in this day and age. Nobody in the animation industry uses the term "graphics" when they are talking about artstyle.

Also one liners is more than enough to make a proper counter argument to your weak baseless comment

Fluxje said:

There are also alot of frames per second, so transitions are smooth and combat scenes don't feel clunky, and the world feels alive.

Not really. A lot of the animation is still padded, plenty of vertical and horizontal panning shots with speedlines, not to mention recicled animation like when MC is running away with the younger sister. The transitions bewteen cuts are ok, but aren't anything spectacular. And the very small world that has been shown so far, doesn't feel that lively, most of the episode happened in the grove where MC rescued the sisters. The scene in the library and the first shot at the plaza was whatever. The first episode of Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! had a great presentation that made the whole city pretty lively with it's different shots from the same place, not to mention very interesting camera angles that linked different cutscenes.
KimurahJan 11, 2020 8:58 AM
Jan 11, 2020 10:41 AM

Jan 2016
Might be the most generic isekai i've seen. The first 10 minutes literally nothing happened. Not a single unexpected thing happened in the whole episode. With story and execution this bad, I don't really have any confidence in the staff having made the subsequent episodes any good.
Jan 11, 2020 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Kimurah said:

Without actual EVIDENCE, your argument is completely worhtless. And even if it was true that graphics was used to depict the quality of visuals, it's something that it is reserved for videogames and similar computer artworks in this day and age. Nobody in the animation industry uses the term "graphics" when they are talking about artstyle.

What evidence, I didnt know I was in court. But if you insist, just google it. Which you could have done instead of faceplanting your head on the keyboard again.
In latin and ancient greek it means to be able to draw/paint. And its used in modern terms to describe anything visual ranging from announcements to friggin subtitles.
Also I do not work in the animation industry so i couldnt care less.

If your only role is being a forum troll and trying to insult people and say they are wrong, just for the sake of doing so, at least be a proper one.
Jan 11, 2020 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
It was okay in general.. not great.. just okay for now :D

It is the first episode so there is not much to say.. I will understand it in later episodes :P
Jan 11, 2020 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Kimurah said:
and how the fanservice never bothered him/her.

i didn't watch fire force but... why would fanservice ever bother anyone? it's fanservice for a reason, to please the fans :v

anyway, so far it was ok, not that fun but i'm still interested on Nemesis, as well as whatever are the rules with the NPCs
winddevil1Jan 11, 2020 3:24 PM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 11, 2020 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
There's sure a lot of VRMMO anime recently...

Anyways, this series looks interesting, and I guess they're going with the "summon your own waifu" fetish. (personally I know if I could summon any servant... I would go with the hawt girl too...)

Also, for some strange reason... the title feels like I saw/hear it somewhere else before...

And I guess they're also going with the "inception system" for the game, where time in dreams flows faster than in real life. (3 days = 1 day).

___ ___ ___

And I laughed at the end when it was revealed everything was the Kuma's fault, LUL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 11, 2020 7:31 PM
Jan 2020
Rentarooo said:
correct me if i am wrong but didn't they say that once a tian dies they dont come back to life? If that's the case other players would have taken the quest and surely milianne didn't survive each time a player took the quest? and they made it sound like the quest was familiar so it wasnt the first time the quest was taken.

" didn't they say that once a tian dies they dont come back to life?"
Yes, they did.

"If that's the case other players would have taken the quest and surely milianne didn't survive each time a player took the quest?"
No, that particular quest and many of the quests in that game are exclusive and one-time only. What the Brother Bear meant when he said, "Ooh, Liliana's quest. Even I've never taken that one on." was he never taken/encountered quest like the one MC got. I think the wording "I've never taken that one on" was quite confusing and kinda implying that Brother Bear did have a choice to take that quest before, but I guess it's some kind of mistranslation.

"they made it sound like the quest was familiar so it wasnt the first time the quest was taken"
No. They implied that that kind of one-time only quest was familiar, so it wouldn't be the first time NPC died because of that. For example, as the Brother Bear said, "We've lost heroes, sages, knight captains--even this nation's king."
Jan 11, 2020 9:03 PM

Feb 2018
Kuma,kuma,kuma look like sword maiden xD, ohayou mastah.
Jan 12, 2020 3:30 AM

Apr 2016
Let's go: "Link Sta.." ...wait!! xd
It was a pretty decent episode.. So far is a generic anime, nothing wow.. I'll watch 3 ep and then decide if is worth to watch till the end

Jan 12, 2020 3:35 AM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

The difference is that you deserve it. The dude you're making fun of doesn't.

Watch it guys, we have some sort of vigilante that knows what's right and what's wrong and he will smite you down if in his childish and blind folded mind he thinks you deserved to be smiten. GTFO dumb edgy kid.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

I like looking at forums to see what people are saying about shows, even if I haven't seen them. I DON'T NEED TO HAVE SEEN THE SHOW TO POINT OUT THAT YOU'RE AN ASSWIPE

So you admit that you have absolutely nothing to provide to the actual discussion, but you feel entitled to tell others when something doesn't sit with your narrow minded standards? And somehow I'm the troll, despite I actually do contribute to the topic on the thread.

TsukuyomiREKT said:

Get a life and stop trolling people on an anime database website.

This is hilarous coming from a loser kid that has more than 4K comments that most likely very few of them actually contribute to the topic.
Get yourself examined kid, you seriously need profesional help if you think you're right about how you interact in an internet messageboard.

You're such a troglodyte. 😂

Jan 12, 2020 4:05 AM

May 2009
NakazatoJL said:
Weak, even if it`s a game those isekai are getting worse every season, the guy just logged in and has stats enough to evade super powerful mobs skills and so, they used to grind at least for 1-2 episodes, now it`s just fan service and * the RPG part that was cool
vrupr said:
Might be the most generic isekai i've seen. The first 10 minutes literally nothing happened. Not a single unexpected thing happened in the whole episode. With story and execution this bad, I don't really have any confidence in the staff having made the subsequent episodes any good.

Xuggy said:
I Really dont know why People shittalking this anime After 1 episode... There are rarely animes that do Really well in 1 episode, since there are more than 1 episode for a story to tell.
So far i Think they did an amazing Job considering the odds against (NAZ, isekai, etc.) Nothing compared to the crap we got from arifureta.

SaiDxvLight said:
Ooooooooooh yeah another isekai shit let go
First ep was good
Xstasy said:
This is the most generic isekai that I've seen since Isekai Cheat Magician.

Guys this isn't isekai. MC still lying on his bed and can log out anytime. Only isekai this season is Isekai Quartet 2.
Of course that doesn't mean it was good. It as bad as Borufi, except more boring while other feels even more like wishfulfilment fantasy with skills poping up every few seconds.
But for Hobby Japan light novel adaptation it looked much better compared to Maou-sama Retry and Isekai Smartphone.
Jan 12, 2020 1:59 PM

Apr 2016
This first episode was decent, I was expecting a worse episode from I heard. I don’t like too much that kind of “powers” but I’ll see.
Jan 12, 2020 2:47 PM
Jan 2020
It feels boring, maybe it is the first episode. Still gonna watch it the story may get interesting along the way.
Jan 12, 2020 3:42 PM

Jan 2016
bastek66 said:
NakazatoJL said:
vrupr said:

Xuggy said:
I Really dont know why People shittalking this anime After 1 episode... There are rarely animes that do Really well in 1 episode, since there are more than 1 episode for a story to tell.
So far i Think they did an amazing Job considering the odds against (NAZ, isekai, etc.) Nothing compared to the crap we got from arifureta.

SaiDxvLight said:
Ooooooooooh yeah another isekai shit let go
First ep was good
Xstasy said:
This is the most generic isekai that I've seen since Isekai Cheat Magician.

Guys this isn't isekai. MC still lying on his bed and can log out anytime. Only isekai this season is Isekai Quartet 2.
Of course that doesn't mean it was good. It as bad as Borufi, except more boring while other feels even more like wishfulfilment fantasy with skills poping up every few seconds.
But for Hobby Japan light novel adaptation it looked much better compared to Maou-sama Retry and Isekai Smartphone.

The details don't matter. Isekais are just anime where the main story takes place in another world to make it more immersive escapism for the viewer. Whether magic or technology is used, the intent behind it is the same.
Jan 12, 2020 5:32 PM
Jan 2018
So, the whole episode, he's just playing a game. The stakes are "you can't play for 24-hours if you die" and "NPCs might die." Why does this have to be a VRMMO story, how does that do anything other than completely deflate it? If they end up actually doing something interesting with the premise later this episode was still pretty much wasted time.
Jan 13, 2020 1:23 AM

May 2009
vrupr said:
The details don't matter. Isekais are just anime where the main story takes place in another world to make it more immersive escapism for the viewer. Whether magic or technology is used, the intent behind it is the same.

Wrong! Isekai means MC is stuck there.
Jan 13, 2020 6:43 AM

Jan 2016
bastek66 said:
vrupr said:

Wrong! Isekai means MC is stuck there.

Erm.. These terms are just things we make up to help us communicate. If some authority said Isekai means being stuck in another world and everyone agreed, then I'd have to accept that definition. Until a clear conclusion is reached, however, I think it's good to apply the term to anime in which an 異世界 (another world) plays a significant role in the story.
Jan 13, 2020 10:28 AM
Oct 2008
"You're my...embryo?"

Dropped.
Jan 13, 2020 11:25 AM

Nov 2015
i found the idea of a limitless VR world suprisingly alluring but the implementation seems actually odd. lets hope for not another meaningless adventure show
*at least it has some potential

3/5
Jan 13, 2020 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Not strong as expecting for the first episode. MC is a generic player, no personality whatsoever is disappointing and boring. Anime art and animation is decent.

Do like the bear with minigun and Nemesis design, but she's likely the annoying kind by impression. Will keep going for the story and gameplay elements they offer.
Jan 13, 2020 11:39 AM
Aug 2013
I though the first half was quite entertaining. The MC is OP, but that does not have to be a problem if it somewhat balanced in the world.
What I felt was annoying though, was him repeating 'that leaves a bad taste in my mouth'.
Overall I am curious to see how it is going to develop, not much to go on for now.
Jan 13, 2020 6:25 PM
Jan 2020
It’s a meh so far. I’ll give it that it’s the first episode but the first episode should always capture the audience then dive into the story but, I feel like there’s no story yet. This show is probably going to be a decent anime that just makes you watch the next episode, hoping it will get better
Jan 14, 2020 2:18 AM

Jan 2014
To give my thoughts I copied the discussion I had with LN fans on disquis.

Me: Is this gonna be more fantasy or game like? My problem with this episode:
- status window barely shown (no stats, equip), inventory looked luckluster
- no or not shown exp from quest (I assume lvl5 is pretty high) or monster
- no gold from quest / monster
- no loot from monster

Pretty disappointing if you compare it to Log Horizon or SAO exposition. Two things I liked were an option to customize your character before starting and choosing one of couple starting locations desplayed on world map.

I'll apply 3 EP rule with hope it gets better.

LN fan: Levels can only be received when someone has a job, as Ray was still jobless he didn’t get any EXP.

Me: OK, one can call it unique or dumb approach and I'm leaning towards the second. It's lack of thought either from LN author or show director.

Even if we stick to no job = no exp it should be explained by dialogue line like:
MC: why I didn't get exp after finishing quest
Bear-bro: because you don't have a job yet

That way I wouldn't have to ask comment section about it.

He gains nothing from finishing quest (in a game where posibilities are endless) but regardless of being jobless, lvl 0, no stats and no skills he can wield OP weapon summoned by his newly discovered (and not leveled?) Embryo and 1 shot high level monster without any prior requirements? That's a very long stretch.

Also if he takes job e.g. as merchant he won't get exp from killing monsters? This game's foundations seem very unclear for me. There's too deep dive into storyline (with NPC and her sister) without showing enough premise at the beginning.

Let's look at Shield Girl since it's the newest VRMMO anime:
- picking character's name
- choosing class
- distributing starting points (clear status window with HP, MP, all atributes)
- landing in starting location
- learning skill (pop-up window gives accurate information: name, effect)
- leveling up when killing monster (getting points to distribute)
- showing how damage works (physical, poison, DoT)
- acquiring resistances (with several levels)
- getting loot from monster
- explaining items (has name, own effect, gives extra stat points)
- showing shop / vendor
- explaining job / profession (crafter/smithing)
- showing currency
- explaining friend list
- showing dungeon (clearing mobs, boss room at the end, getting chest after defeating boss)
- judging by trophies shown at the end there's some competitive/eSports scene for New World Online

One thing I'm not sure about in Shield Girl is to why MC's HP bar is not raising while leveling Vitality since it's most suitable and logical stat to choose from.

Anyway, all above is shown in less than 20min of 1st episode. Rules and info about the game is very clear so entry threshold is low. For experienced viewers it may be a little dumb to go over all these pointers but not everone has to know what MMORPG is about. This way next episodes can dive into story because everything you need to know was served.

On the other hand:
- Ray is thrown into world we know almost nothing about
- even if he has some idea how his character works (because of his brother playing) he shows nothing but map at the start
- he's getting quest he shouldn't be getting (cause jobless)
- he has no idea what he's doing so his bear-bro 'speaks in not much telling exposition' (NPC's have fanclubs? geez very useful info)
- there's fight, there's bear with gatling gun

I mentioned the rest in my post above. Infinite Dendrogram world building is kinda chaotic and all over the place. Like I mentioned above don't know who to blame: LN author for writing it this way or anime director for poor execution.

LN fan: <gives explanation how MC skills work>

Me: Thanks but again I'd like to learn about it from anime not comment section. Also if something is given and not earned (especially in MMO) it lacks impact because there's no story behind it. RPG game is all about the road from 0 to hero. Getting stronger by training, leveling, earning more stats, skills, getting better equipment... it should be a progress not an ass pull.

It was cool looking sword but MC had no time to learn how to wield it let alone learning about skills he can use with it. I think it was suppose to be 'hype moment' but it fell short. I was still astonished by how a character in bear suit got gatling gun in medieval/fantasy looking game :D

LN fan: Some slight explanations will appear in the anime but not much. The studio is releasing short info clips on YouTube so that they don’t have to waste time for the story. As for the one shoting, it wasn’t immediately explained either in the novel since there was no time and they didn’t wanted to end the first episode with a explanation. It will be explained in the next episode.

Me: I really don't want to bash the author but I feel like he chose game genre just because it's popular. 1st episode in this kind of anime should work like tutorial so viewer would be hook up.

I think it would be so much better if MC was "Isekai'd" to this world. There would be no need to bother with game-like stuff. Let Neko God introduct him as to what's up, give him the glove with Embryo and some explanation then send him on his way.

Anyway, it's easier to think and talk about it than to write everything down so I'm just gonna leave it here. Like I said before I hope it's gonna get better because visually it's pretty decent and I like game genre in general.
Old-geezerJan 14, 2020 2:50 AM

Jan 14, 2020 11:23 AM
Nov 2016
I really like the first episode and that Kuma suit guy
Jan 14, 2020 8:12 PM
Jan 2017
It wasn't a bad episode, it just felt a bit bland and predictable. I'm interested to see how the relationship between Ray and Nemesis will develop, and I also want to see what kind of powers will Ray have over the course of the show. I was looking forward to this show back when it was first announced and this first episode wasn't great, it still shapes up to be a keeper for the season.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.