Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 14, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a dream....or maybe I should say a nightmare.

Some more info dump about the Sleeping Beauty Syndrome and a dark story from that cat dude. I guess this series isn't afraid of spilling blood left and right given the content. Story has the killing theme although I feel like it's still not very interesting. It's pretty generic for a witch to go after those guys in vengeance.
Stark700Jul 14, 2017 7:11 AM
Jul 14, 2017 8:20 AM

Jun 2015
Those killers have some messed up nightmares. They were killed the same way they killed the girl's family. She eventually killed them in the dream world. Haruto helped her. Got to learn about Sleeping Beauty Syndrome. Katsumi's daughter has it.
Jul 14, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2008
Hmmm - the story has taken an unexpectedly amoral turn.
Jul 14, 2017 8:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Jesus, i jumped a little here. That was gory as fuck, they didn't hold back at all o______O

MC also got way more interesting in this episode, he doesn't take shit and does whatever he thinks is right.

Jul 14, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2009
This was much better than the first episode, enough to make me glad that I didn't drop this show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 14, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2008
I.......

..that went from 0-100 real quick....the first ep wasn't special or anything but holy shit the gore was intense in this one..

Jul 14, 2017 9:52 AM
Jan 2017
Well, that was surprisingly violent. After the first episode's uplifting message, Haruto has no problem helping the witch kill three people. Okay, they are evil assholes so it's hard to feel sorry for them, but it's still hard to think this is the same Haruto that helped a lost, confused girl overcome her heartbreak. Still, this show has untapped potential and I still want to see where it goes.
Jul 14, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
That was an interesting episode especially if you compare it to the previous one. I think this series has some potential, the only thing that might hold it back is how things are executed.
Jul 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Sep 2013
Morals, killing is different from murder, the girl and mc were justified.
Reminds me of that cement girl case in Japan.
Jul 14, 2017 10:34 AM

Apr 2011
This one episode had way more gore than I expected this entire show to have. I like it.

I'm actually liking this show a lot, the animation is kinda off sometimes but not so bad that it would make it less enjoyable for me. I like how the protagonist is not 100% a "good guy" with a sense of justice that would stop him from killing someone no matter the reason.

I'm looking forward for the 3rd episode.
Jul 14, 2017 10:35 AM

Sep 2015
Wooow did he really have to kill this guy himself
This episode was completely different from the first one, and honestly I like this kind of atmosphere
Jul 14, 2017 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
I hope the score it has is due to the 1st episode. it doesn't deserve less than 6

This is getting more interesting than i thought. Lets hope they manage to make good use of the premise and give us a good anime.
Jul 14, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
I was so worried that they were going to save those 2 murders (because of the whole 'all life is worth saving' cliche s****), but was pleasantly surprised that this option wasn't really on the table and that those guys got what was coming to them.
This anime has potential.
Jul 14, 2017 12:09 PM
Jun 2016
This is definetly a whiplash anime :> I mean the warnings were there, but going from just dying, to dying in the most horribly evil ways heh.

This show went from a enjoyable, to OMG I must watch. I'm not sure what I feel about the morals, on one hand killing is wrong, on other they kinda made it obvious they deserved it, especially the last guy who had 0 chance of being rehabilitated.
Jul 14, 2017 12:11 PM
Jun 2016
GreenTea13 said:
I was so worried that they were going to save those 2 murders (because of the whole 'all life is worth saving' cliche s****), but was pleasantly surprised that this option wasn't really on the table and that those guys got what was coming to them.
This anime has potential.

yeah, the second to last I think maybe could be redeemed, or least wasn't 100% gone though I don't feel sorry for him, but that last guy...they made no bones about it he was evil and deserved every second of it, AND was too dangerous to leave alive.
Jul 14, 2017 12:11 PM

Mar 2017
The MC is becoming an interesting character.

Loved the bone-crushing decapitation scene.
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 14, 2017 12:46 PM

Mar 2016
This was like 10 times for intense then the last episode! And I like it...

Still wondering who the Lily girl is ... and why is Haruto keep waking up in the dream world
The ED song beginning... I was like oh goosebumps vibes but then this trap beat step and I was just omg lit
This anime is really interesting to me and definilty want to watch more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 12:55 PM

Mar 2015
people already said it but might as well say it again. this series has A LOT of potential. let's hope they can use it correctly. this episode was much much better than the first episode (even though it has some flaws too) but i really am glad i didn't decide to drop it. i wonder what turn it's going to take considering how much of a tone shift it had between the first and second episodes. also, am i the only one that feels Lily will probably turn out to be Kanzaki's sister?
Jul 14, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2016
Didn't expect the MC to actually assist in the murdering of people. That's quite an unexpected dark turn of events!

Jul 14, 2017 1:52 PM
Jul 2016
I'm now scared for life
Jul 14, 2017 2:28 PM
May 2017
It was pretty gory, but that in and off itself is pretty awesome. It's cool to see a ruthless MC like this once in a while.
Jul 14, 2017 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
Good thing he is not a man of justice

But how the last guy's body die like that? he just stepped to death on head right?
Into the Internet!
Jul 14, 2017 4:25 PM
Jan 2014
Yep That is to say this series just surprised us with this one.

At the start it made me thought of C: The Money but it kind of redeemed itself with an Apatetic Hero who just do what he think is right...
It actually leave me to wonder what kind of man he is...
After all he willingly killed someone even if it's a "dream".

Either he just believe in his own opinion and choice and he have no hesitation to kill...
Or he believe That it is a "dream" and he think of himself as an invincible being with nothing restricting him.

That is to say I have a weakness for mysterious MC we know nothing of.... So for now I'll just wait and see...
Jul 14, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2007
There are a handful of things in this that seriously make me question wtf is going on.

To start with, there clearly seems to be the 2 different worlds: the 'real' world and the dream world.

The professor is going between the two AND actively finds Haruto repeatedly. How? I have no idea.

The professor gave Haruto a communicator so they could 'speak' from the real world to the dream world. How he brought this item to the dream world, I have no idea. How they chat from one world to another, I have no idea.

Haruto wakes up at the end of every episode, but appears to 'wake up' IN the dream world. WTF is this about?

Lily keeps calling Haruto 'brother'. Any specific reason? We haven't found out yet.

Both women Haruto saved now want to find Haruto because they're fond of him. Harem ending? Please don't.

Haruto seems to be a special being in the dream world. When he dies, he isn't dead.

Could this be like .hack//sign and Haruto is actually the professor's daughter?

Fun, odd, wierd.

Jul 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
A rarely drop something on the first episode, unless it's something unpleasant to watch happens (i.e Hina Logi: From Luck and Logic), were a girl eats a hot dog and push the sausage with her finger down her throat.

So, since nothing unpleasant, like what i mentioned happened, i decided to move on to the second episode of this, but before going for it, my mind was pretty much "settled" to drop right after the episode. But, guess what? This one was interesting, the pace much better than the first one and also the "subject of" this episode was more intense and catchy. If the anime can maintain this, might turn to be something at least OK to watch.

Jul 14, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
And the fight for best girl begins...cause this's definitely going to end with a harem.
Jul 14, 2017 7:12 PM

Nov 2014
Wow. It went from Flip Flappers to Elfen Lied. I liked the first episode, but I think I liked this episode even more. Exploring dream worlds with an amoral protagonist? It's going to get really interesting now.

5/5
Jul 14, 2017 7:59 PM
Aug 2014
Is the MC making his own witch harem?
Jul 14, 2017 9:00 PM

Sep 2015
This girl is actually my type of girl. Is he ever gonna meet these girls irl.
Jul 14, 2017 9:03 PM

Apr 2014
dm106 said:
Is the MC making his own witch harem?

my thought as well xD
Jul 14, 2017 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
damn that was pretty bloody
Jul 15, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2015
Psychological and Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity) Need now..................................
Jul 15, 2017 1:59 AM

Jan 2017
Oh yeaaah, MC going in. That got gory and dark fast, can't wait for more.
Jul 15, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2009
Locked room murder mysteries, huh? Someone's after my heart, ohohoho~!

That episode was much more interesting than the first. So our protagonist is starting to sympathize with the witches, hm? I wonder how the next episode will turn out.

Witchharemendingbestending.
Jul 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Jun 2009
ihcTactics said:
There are a handful of things in this that seriously make me question wtf is going on.

To start with, there clearly seems to be the 2 different worlds: the 'real' world and the dream world.

The professor is going between the two AND actively finds Haruto repeatedly. How? I have no idea.

The professor gave Haruto a communicator so they could 'speak' from the real world to the dream world. How he brought this item to the dream world, I have no idea. How they chat from one world to another, I have no idea.

Haruto wakes up at the end of every episode, but appears to 'wake up' IN the dream world. WTF is this about?

Lily keeps calling Haruto 'brother'. Any specific reason? We haven't found out yet.

Both women Haruto saved now want to find Haruto because they're fond of him. Harem ending? Please don't.

Haruto seems to be a special being in the dream world. When he dies, he isn't dead.

Could this be like .hack//sign and Haruto is actually the professor's daughter?

Fun, odd, wierd.

I've got a crackpot theory on this.

You saw the professor with that machine thing? I'm going out on a limb here but....

What if the MC is a machine/AI built to help save the victims of SBS?
Jul 15, 2017 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
great fucking episode , i love the MC so much , it was nice that he not only didn't stop the killing but he helped them get what they deserved , can't wait for the new episode .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 15, 2017 8:24 AM

Aug 2015
Duuuude. That was a crazy episode for sure. But better than the first one.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 15, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2016
Totally a different style than the first episode, I didn't expect that. The MC is kind of emotionless in everything he does, dunno why he thinks being a murderer is awesome, but I like how he brushed off the "good guy" by telling him he's boring. I wonder where it will go from here.
Jul 15, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
Oh, a nightmare on elm street anime. The story is so floaty and the mc is written without much tonal consistency. It's interesting to watch but I'm glad that not every show is like this.
Jul 15, 2017 11:29 AM

Jan 2017
That ED was pretty unique. Nutty episode though, completely different than the impression I got from the first episode.
Jul 15, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
I kinda liked first episode but goddamn this one was so good and better. This episode alone was much creepier starting with the backstory, with those gore death, head splats,arm twists etc and gore was so much better than whole 4 seasons of Yami Shibai. This episode alone felt like Elfen LIed honestly. I wonder why the score is so low for this anime, thats kinda sad.

MC building his harem btw. I didnt know MC is so cruel and amoral. He thought that revenge and the gore deaths are something a good and "AMAZING" person would do. Says a lot about his character.

How i understood why she can kill people in her dream, basically she had a really big desire to kill those scumbags so she got entrapped in the dream world where she can kill them every time they fall asleep, but until they die she cant fulfill her wish so she is stuck in that world huh. I think a wish needs to be strong in order to take effect otherwise people would do a lot of similar thing that that girl did.
Jul 15, 2017 1:28 PM
Jan 2017
episode 1 deserves 5.5rating episode 2 is 7.5 its sad that they sucked at the first episode
Jul 15, 2017 1:30 PM
Jan 2017
Hirugiku said:
I kinda liked first episode but goddamn this one was so good and better. This episode alone was much creepier starting with the backstory, with those gore death, head splats,arm twists etc and gore was so much better than whole 4 seasons of Yami Shibai. This episode alone felt like Elfen LIed honestly. I wonder why the score is so low for this anime, thats kinda sad.

MC building his harem btw. I didnt know MC is so cruel and amoral. He thought that revenge and the gore deaths are something a good and "AMAZING" person would do. Says a lot about his character.

How i understood why she can kill people in her dream, basically she had a really big desire to kill those scumbags so she got entrapped in the dream world where she can kill them every time they fall asleep, but until they die she cant fulfill her wish so she is stuck in that world huh. I think a wish needs to be strong in order to take effect otherwise people would do a lot of similar thing that that girl did.
cause of the first episode i never thought episode 2 will went this great
Jul 16, 2017 2:07 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! easily the best gore episode of 2017!
5/5!

Jul 16, 2017 4:16 AM

Jun 2015
What a surprise!
I though about dropping this after the first episode, however second was able to redeem itself. Especially liked that MC choose to help killing the murderer, if he would have pulled out "they dont deserve to die no matter what they did" I would have dropped this one at the spot. Plus overall it was quite gory

There is a potential in the series, lets hope for the best
Jul 16, 2017 8:12 AM

May 2012
Much better than 1st episode

I was going to drop it but when I read the comments here I watched it and yes it is much better than 1st episode.
Jul 16, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2016
MC become much better than the 1st episode, but still 6/10 series for me. looking for the 3rd episode.

i can smell harem bitch in this series.
xd
Jul 17, 2017 7:50 AM
Apr 2017
Last episode I was like this series has a very unique taste, interesting.
And then this episode its like: I knew it would not be those bs!!!
Jul 17, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
I really liked this episode. It had a whole "Nightmare on Elm Street don't go to sleep or Freddy Krueger will kill you" kinda vibe.
Jul 18, 2017 5:33 AM

Nov 2016
I dropped this show after the first episode, but I'm glad I picked it up again.

Bobby2Hands said:
I really liked this episode. It had a whole "Nightmare on Elm Street don't go to sleep or Freddy Krueger will kill you" kinda vibe.

Pretty much the reason I liked this episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

67 by hrodebert99 »»
Sep 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.