Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm having a lot of fun watching the show with the gimmicks and superhero stuff. Hell, even found this dog to be amusing from the episode:

I think Fuurouta made a nice little friend too.
Loved the energy poured into the episode and of course we get some action. The boss monster looks ugly with those insect features D:
Oct 11, 2015 8:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Such a fun episode, and I really like this ghost kid

Sucks what happened to his friend and himself as well....Being the last of your race is a tough thing to deal with....I really like where this show is going because instead of having the whole black vs white trope, we're actually going to get grey characters

I'm really liking the use of the fast forward scenes too and how they relate to the theme of the episodes....Great stuff....Perfect balance between tones too if you ask me

Also, I wonder if Jiro is actually dating that other girl =o
TokoyaOct 11, 2015 8:50 AM
Oct 11, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2015
Solid episode. Felt a little hastily put together tho.. its like they are squeezing in just to fit the "find solution at end of episode" mould. Still, i enjoyed it.
And im happy they put indicators to show where they show fastforwards and flashbacks, but if you dont pay close enough attention, it can get a little confusing at times.
I really wonder how Jiro developed his powers, considering he's human at the start.
Looking forward to the future episodes.

Oct 11, 2015 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Wew, I like this show!
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 11, 2015 8:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yep, this show is really good. I love how they tell us the story so that we have to pay big attention to it. Furouta staying a kid forever must be hard, seeing him part with the queen that grew up. She can't forgive him because he used a virus to kill the insects as well as the government destroying their homeplace.

I really wonder how Jiro got his powers and doesn't want to be in the superhuman bureau, yet he still helps out his fellow companions.
Oct 11, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2015
Better than the last episode. I want to know why this Present-Future timeline.
Oct 11, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2010
I felt something when Fuurouta was crying over his inability to change, and being unable to distinguish between the good and evil.

Fuurouta being able to change shape and forms, and sort of throwing a bomb of mass destruction, unknowingly destroy Campe's race. Definitely interesting stuff and seems, though looking at things from a slightly more serious lens makes this even more enjoyable.

Despite Jiro adding the ghost as a reminder, he still quit the bureau, which all the more makes the whole thing more enigmatic. Just can't help but to imagine the ending to be something awesome, when this has barely begun.
Oct 11, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2015
Jirou was at first loyal to the Superhuman Bureau, but something, probably a big mistake, caused him to become jaded and a grey character. Past Jirou was already a borderline grey but mostly white, wasn't he? It feels like he has qualms regarding the superhuman bureau, especially when he votes for Fuurouta to join.

In the future, it feels that he wants justice of some sorts but the world in the current state cannot provide such a thing. There is no right or wrong and he quit the Superhuman Bureau to truly help others, both Superhuman Bureau and Villains.

I have a theory that he's actually an artificial (super)human of some sorts. It feels weird that the boss, Emi and Jirou all live in the same house. Maybe in that big mistake, he loses control/awakens the flaming arm thing. Pay attention to the OP lyrics, it feels as if it's related to the show.
Oct 11, 2015 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
Really liked this one, even if the story was a bit squeezed.

Truthfully, it seems like a shame that the series will only be 13 episodes.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"
Oct 11, 2015 9:30 AM

Jan 2015
Now that I look at Hoshinoko again in this Episode, I think she's kinda Cute.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 11, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
I liked this show. Then it got a silly ghost child for all the little kids to be amused by and... fail.
Oct 11, 2015 10:19 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode was much better than the first. Still a little confusing, but so was Steins;Gate at first (which ended up being fantastic). Though the anime feels kinda rushed, not much, just slight. Overall good episode.

4/5
Oct 11, 2015 10:24 AM

Oct 2015
I dont know what to think of this show yet. In my opinion the comic style is refreshing to see and the animation is nice too. These flashbacks or how you'd call them are nice but a bit too confusing if you switch like 4-5 times in more or less 22 min.
And I dont know what to think about the characters. They are likeable I guess ? Well Jiro is cool and I like the blonde boy Furuta but this girl with the violet hair is annoying in my opinion. What was with that "Oh my god I know they are dating" and throwing everything around? v.v
But all in all it is interesting so I think I wont drop it
Oct 11, 2015 10:32 AM

Aug 2015
I'm liking the show's atmosphere and structure. Sort of gimmicky having a past and future timeline, but I guess that is what the anime was striving for, and it's paying off big time.

Fast pace and switching timelines don't really work well together, but this show seems to pull it off due to its wacky nature, making high risk writing look like child's play.
Oct 11, 2015 10:58 AM

Mar 2010
Ghost that likes to play with kids and never ages.

If he turns in to a bear.. * wink*
Oct 11, 2015 11:02 AM

Jul 2007
Another brilliant episode.

We get more worldbuilding about the setting - it is the world where all the comics and manga, tokusatsu shows, super sentai shows, etc are a reality - aliens, bugmen, ghosts, supernatural creatures, mutants - everything exists in it. Its like if someone took multiple Marvel/DC comicverses and mashed them together into a single planet. And every single of those "groups" have the "badguy" and "goodguy" side - superheroes and villains.

Narrative wise we Have Year 41 point of time which is beginning of it all where the group was being formed and then we have various points in time years latter, when everything has fallen apart and the lines in the sand between hero and villain have been destroyed(which was set in motion in Year 41). The decisions characters had to make and the complicated situations they will get into, have completely thrown them into a gray morality kind of world.

In a way I guess you could say that Year 41 is the "Oldschool 70s/80s" comic books and super sentai shows(which all had clearer distinction of good and evil) while the future points of time are the "Modern" comics(which blur the line).

Another very strong episode and this remains one of best shows this season.

Reminds me of Watchmen in a way as well as the choice of games Heroes Rise series of choice based text adventures.

5/5
AhenshihaelOct 11, 2015 11:10 AM
Oct 11, 2015 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
Love it! This must be superhero season!!
Oct 11, 2015 11:37 AM
Feb 2009
Crazy plot, skipping in time, not understanding most things. I like it.
Oct 11, 2015 11:56 AM

Mar 2015
[quote=FatefulLove]I felt something when Fuurouta was crying over his inability to change, and being unable to distinguish between the good and evil.

same here :c
Oct 11, 2015 12:06 PM

Mar 2015
I think they are very interesting caracteres as it has a storeline that seems so well developed and thrilling,

I hope great things coming soon!

The ghost is lovely :3 as by the whitch im linda dissapointed in this episode since I love the mahou shoujo genre
Oct 11, 2015 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Fuurouta is a ghost that never ages.
Oct 11, 2015 1:13 PM

Jun 2013
Yep. I am totally lost here. Each episode needs a re-watch in order to be understood properly. I have no idea where this is headed.

Fuurota is the focus here. He's a ghost who doesn't age and can shape shift. He saves a little bug. Meanwhile, a big black fog starts to engulf the city. But that's not the concern of the bureau since they're out to capture Fuurota so he doesn't cause trouble.

But it then turns out that the fog is caused by ginormous bugs. Bugs once roamed the earth just like dinosaurs did but a virus killed them all. The bureau's professor replicates that virus to kill the bugs again and Fuurota goes to deliver the virus. The bug men are now ded.

But it turns out that the little bug Fuurota saved was the queen of the overgrown insects and Fuurota just killed all her people or insects or whatever. So seven years later, she comes back for revenge. Jiro, who had escaped two years earlier, comes back to save Fuurota from the bug lady.

This time jumping business is making things really confusing here. So by the looks of it, they're showing different time periods of the future which are linked to the events currently happening. The last episode had Grosse Augen and Kikko in focus so the future scene also had them. This episode had Fuurota and Campe in focus so the future scene showed them.

Another bit is that Jiro and that pink haired lady are going out. And Kikko is super jealous. She joined the bureau partly because she wanted to be with Jiro who was her hero at that time. But now she can't leave just because Jiro is already taken. So she has to bear with it.

Despite being confusing as hell, this is still quite enjoyable. The next episode will have a detective superhuman or something. Will also have more jumping to the future.
Oct 11, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know why people are so confused. just look at the dates at the top when they change time periods. Easy.
Oct 11, 2015 1:34 PM

Feb 2015
WOW! The OP and ED was so great, but this time episode , lack of action , i guess.
Interesting though. Still like it.
Hope to see more action in the next episode :D
Oct 11, 2015 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Yamada2 said:
Yep. I am totally lost here. Each episode needs a re-watch in order to be understood properly. I have no idea where this is headed.

Fuurota is the focus here. He's a ghost who doesn't age and can shape shift. He saves a little bug. Meanwhile, a big black fog starts to engulf the city. But that's not the concern of the bureau since they're out to capture Fuurota so he doesn't cause trouble.

But it then turns out that the fog is caused by ginormous bugs. Bugs once roamed the earth just like dinosaurs did but a virus killed them all. The bureau's professor replicates that virus to kill the bugs again and Fuurota goes to deliver the virus. The bug men are now ded.

But it turns out that the little bug Fuurota saved was the queen of the overgrown insects and Fuurota just killed all her people or insects or whatever. So seven years later, she comes back for revenge. Jiro, who had escaped two years earlier, comes back to save Fuurota from the bug lady.

This time jumping business is making things really confusing here. So by the looks of it, they're showing different time periods of the future which are linked to the events currently happening. The last episode had Grosse Augen and Kikko in focus so the future scene also had them. This episode had Fuurota and Campe in focus so the future scene showed them.

Another bit is that Jiro and that pink haired lady are going out. And Kikko is super jealous. She joined the bureau partly because she wanted to be with Jiro who was her hero at that time. But now she can't leave just because Jiro is already taken. So she has to bear with it.

Despite being confusing as hell, this is still quite enjoyable. The next episode will have a detective superhuman or something. Will also have more jumping to the future.

Which bits were confusing? The only thing that wasn't really explained is why Jiro knows who Campe is, but I'm hoping this will get explained later.
Oct 11, 2015 1:44 PM

Aug 2014
Much better than last episode but I still find the colouration jarring as they clash with each other.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 11, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
phantom346 said:
I don't know why people are so confused. just look at the dates at the top when they change time periods. Easy.

Concrete Revolutio, Durarara and Kekkai Sensen threads have completely killed my faith in human intelligence and future of humanity.

My mind can't understand how this can be "confusing".
Oct 11, 2015 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
I don't get this show at all.
Last episode, they are chasing after MC and now they are together as friend?
So confusing...Drop 3/10
Oct 11, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2015
hlubkoj2020 said:
I don't get this show at all.
Last episode, they are chasing after MC and now they are together as friend?
So confusing...Drop 3/10
lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
While I'm enjoying the way the story's told with the jumps between timelines, unlike last time I found the content of this episode a bit lacking. I couldn't feel anything towards the kid at the end because the whole thing with the black fog was just too short to seem meaningful.
On the good side, I'm liking the contrast in atmosphere between the present and the past. Depending on how this develops in the next few episodes it could take a very interesting turn or become quite stale.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 11, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
Now this episode sure was more understandable. You just have to pay attention.

On a side note Fuurouta mistakenly killing Campe's people sure was bad luck. :|
Though even if it wasn't him, they would've been dealt with them either way.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 11, 2015 2:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The first episode was good, but this one was way better !
Oct 11, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
I need some help understanding this I'm litterally begging.
Just please help!

How can you tell a flashback or a fast forward scene?

Anywho, I am really liking this series so far!
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Oct 11, 2015 2:44 PM

Feb 2013
Instead of each story happening within one time block, each story occurs over different time blocks, so this can be seem a bit choppy and/or episodic, but this is how things actually happen. Not everything is resolved at once, and stuff that happened before can come up again in the far future. Though it can be pretty confusing story-wise.

TawnyWings said:
Just please help!

They show the year number for each time skip, and it is kinda obvious which one is happening at the past and future.
Oct 11, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
JPthugnificent said:
Instead of each story happening within one time block, each story occurs over different time blocks, so this can be seem a bit choppy and/or episodic, but this is how things actually happen. Not everything is resolved at once, and stuff that happened before can come up again in the far future. Though it can be pretty confusing story-wise.

TawnyWings said:
Just please help!

They show the year number for each time skip, and it is kinda obvious which one is happening at the past and future.

HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THAT?
Now I feel like a moron but thank you! Everything is a lot clearer now!

I gotta learn how to pay attention...
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Oct 11, 2015 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
Everytime the time changes a message like this shows up:

It's pretty important to pay attention to the date to know exactly when the scene is happening.
In these two episodes we have already seen "times":
"Present" - Year 41
"Episode 1 Future" - Year 46
"Episode 2 Future" - Year 48
Oct 11, 2015 3:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
phantom346 said:

Concrete Revolutio, Durarara and Kekkai Sensen threads have completely killed my faith in human intelligence and future of humanity.

For once I agree with you in regards to the latter lol
Oct 11, 2015 4:04 PM

Apr 2015
I think I'm starting to understand it more now.

Campe was cute.
Oct 11, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
CookingPriest said:
phantom346 said:

I don't know about confusing I guess I can see why they would be but I found all 3 of those anime to be boring, You have to admit they can be a bit convoluted especially Kekkai Sensen and it's last episode super delay didn't help.
Oct 11, 2015 4:28 PM

Jun 2014
Wow I love that ghost kid!

When Fuurouta started crying about not being able to tell the difference between good and evil and wanting to grow up, it brought tears to my eyes!

Despite the fact that Jiro brought him in to help keep him from faltering and he still left the bureau is interesting!

I really hope that by the end everyone understands why he left, b'cuz there seems that there is probably a good reason behind it since he still comes to the aid of his former team mates.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 11, 2015 4:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
FatefulLove said:
I felt something when Fuurouta was crying over his inability to change, and being unable to distinguish between the good and evil.

Despite Jiro adding the ghost as a reminder, he still quit the bureau, which all the more makes the whole thing more enigmatic. Just can't help but to imagine the ending to be something awesome, when this has barely begun.

Same here, for some reason, I actually got teary-eyed, especially when Jirou told Fuurouta that it's fine for Fuurouta to stay the same. We get these types of stories once in awhile, about an immortal or ghost or something that has a much longer life span than humans, but I think they did a really good take on it, with a child ghost who stays childlike. I think I understand what Jirou means by that Fuurouta doesn't have to change and see things in grey. After all, what Fuurouta did back then wasn't wrong, it was good for everyone else, while only bad for the Tartaros. It is a wonder what happened for Jirou to change his mind and to leave the bureau.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying the theme of this show so far. I also agree with Fai on the worldbuilding, how so many different things from different fantasy/supernatural genres are included in the setting.

As for people being confused...If somehow someone missed the time stamps on the screen whenever they change the time, it should still be easy to tell when it's past or present, given that Jirou has different outfits for when he was at the bureau, and after he left. Or simply that he's either with the bureau, or not with the bureau. If he's with the bureau, it's the past. I think some people simply aren't paying attention while watching this show, which happens, I guess. Especially if you didn't find the first episode interesting, then I can see how a person will not be as invested while watching the second episode.
Oct 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely a unique show. I'm just having trouble understanding it, the time skips are really hard to comprehend. Though I must say this show is visually pretty stunning, and the characters are pretty decent as they are. Gimmicky show, and probably the weakest of the full series I'm watching, but not that bad.

Also, that Moth girl when she was a child (I think anyways) is fucking adorable. Clown/ghost boy though, I'm not really liking him that much yet.
Oct 11, 2015 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
Ok that was much better, especially with how it blended future and past events, im definitely far more onboard. I just do hope it improves much more but at the very least it doesnt feel as poorly put together as ep 1 was. I am much more interested as to why jiro left the bureau especially with the ghost kid lamenting over how things no longer feel black and white. My guess is the bureau was corrupted and had them attacking innocent superhmans

DerMond said:

Truthfully, it seems like a shame that the series will only be 13 episodes.
hasnt it been pretty much confirmed its a split cour cause it was announced to run half a year originally.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 11, 2015 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
past and present timeline are a lot more clearly this time around i guess this will be the case for the rest of the characters then we'll be in the current timeline.

show still has me interested
Oct 11, 2015 7:13 PM

Jan 2009
so this is how the story telling will go then, they will mix the past and present timeline to every episode i guess, not bad i like this episode too
Oct 11, 2015 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
CookingPriest said:

For once I agree with you in regards to the latter lol

This. So fucking true. How are there so many clueless people...
Oct 11, 2015 8:38 PM

Jun 2015
Well for me i still can't take it seriously, i am juste to serious for watching it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2015 11:18 PM

Nov 2014
it's a good episode, needs more world building IMO

3/5
Oct 11, 2015 11:39 PM

Aug 2014
Good episode. I liked Fuurouta's character and like it was said before, it makes me even more curious to know the reason why Jirou left the Bureau.

Also, I am the only one or the art style strongly reminds of Mawaru Penguindrum?
Oct 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
The writing for this show is actually really good.

Rather than just a regular superhman villain of the week, it's actually portraying the characters really well.

This episode especially. We have a kid ghost who doesn't know anything more than kid stuff and ghost stuff. He has a very black and white image of what he thinks superheroes and bad guys are. He gets the opportunity to be a hero and stop the bad guys, and thinks he does so. Only then to find out he wasn't actually a hero when looked at from Campe's perspective.

Fuurouta is then hit with the harsh reality that maybe a hero isn't so easy to define, and it's now something he cant understand because he never had the concept of, and really never will because being a ghost and a child is permanently engraved into his being. On top of that, he lost someone whom he once called a friend.

to be honest, I thought he did the right thing. The policticians who sold the land didn't remember the land agreement. Those bug people were going there to "punish" the officials. Really Fuurouta stopped them from being unnecessarily killed when they could've just negotiated instead.

I also like how each episode has current event stuff, and then it's showing a related sequence in the future. Last week it involved Jirou going rogue and leaving the bureau, and this week it was the scene with Campe being an adult.

Kind of reminds me of Punchline where they give you bits and pieces of stuff that's going on, and are basically foreshadowing the entire thing, then in the second half of the show all of the pieces were put together and all of the foreshadowed stuff became present day.

I hope this follows suit. Maybe around episode 6-7 the start of the flashbacks becomes the current time, then we see how all of these future scenes actually came to be.

Ridiculous. how this show is under a 7 yet One Punch Man is over 8.5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

38 by Beguni »»
Aug 31, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

107 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 20, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

188 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 19, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2015

52 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Poll: » Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

67 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 23, 2023 1:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.