Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
We got Ichigo vs Yhwach already and it's an epic showdown given how powerful these two are this arc. Almost had the season finale vibes.

Yhwach is another level of what he can do with The Almighty and his leadership skills. Truly terrifying and his ambitions for the Soul King. Feels like this episode really took hold on the stakes of the season.
Oct 12, 7:29 AM

Dec 2021
Completly forgot that people below the soul king palace existed lmao. Thnakfully they only took up little time, making way for the absolute TREAT to the eyes that was the first of many Ichigo vs. Yhwach to come from now into the coming episodes. I mean, when the last cour ended I was wondering what they could've done to pad out for the next two cours, when they have like eighty-ish chapters left to adapt, and if this is how they'll pad out, then I'm all for it.

Going back down to the main Soul Society that's in shambles right now, well, by that logic the entire WORLD is in shambles because Reio just died. But yeah, been a minute since we've seen these guys, considering we've been up in the palace for so long now it feels. Again, weren't there for long, because that when Reio is just actually put down and thus the earthquakes and the end of the the entire world essentially, has begun.

Oct 12, 7:29 AM

May 2020
Yeah, back in the day there was someone who has everything planned and things do used to happen in a way he has planned, and now, there is someone who doesn’t have to plan anything because he has already seen and knows everything… bad guys in Bleach and their powers lol. Though yeah, the soul king just passing away like that was really something. Nothing Ichigo could’ve done about… but yeah, you know that second round between him and Yhwach was just pure cinema.

When they were talking about adding additional scenes for the Ichigo and Yhwach’s fight, they were dead serious. Will have to go back and check in the manga still, but yeah, the barrage of Getsuga-Tenshou kind of actually overpowering Yhwach was a great way for Ichigo to give Yhwach back for all that disrespect they did to him when they came to raid Soul society. Though man, there’s only so much that can be done against an OP villain… Ichigo dealing the decisive blow to Soul king was really the last nail in the coffin. Dude’s not gonna recover from that:( Great episode again, btw.
Oct 12, 7:34 AM

Dec 2015
The fight banger, I'd wish it was longer but it was great, the effects of actions which can be felt in Seiretei, World of Living and Hueco Mundo. Orihime and Yoruichi making little moves to help Ichigo at the end of fight and the one scene from manga where Blut Vene of Ichigo's quincy blood causing him to fullfill the Yhwach's dream himself. Next week episode going to be another great one [judging from what should happen in manga and what opening teases]
Oct 12, 7:59 AM
May 2021
Ichigoat was all part of Yhwachs plan 👀 Yhh wayy too peak, adaptation is been firee
Oct 12, 8:01 AM

May 2023
We're already off to the strongest start in TYBW so far. 10/10 episode.
Oct 12, 8:05 AM
Oct 2019
i have never screamed at an anime before, this did that to me this episode.
Oct 12, 8:06 AM
Apr 2021
Guys I was wondering if the soul king is ACTUALLY Ywach’s father or is it just a saying like him calling ichigo his son ? Because I wonder what father would let his son race (the quincies) get destroyed. (No manga spoiler pls)
Oct 12, 8:10 AM
Nov 2023
Loved to see what the new studio was capable of in this new fight scene. Compositing is beautiful and animation was amazing.

Ichigo doesn't just use one attack now thank god, and yhwach just seems that op despite all ichigo went through. SK name dropped which will spout a few theories lol, I'm just happy to see my boy in amazing quality.
Oct 12, 8:18 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
No BS, no foreplay, just straight up ACTION!!!

What a remarkable confrontation between Ichigo and Yhwach! I was not expecting them to face off so quickly, felt like their battle truly has the feel of a grand season finale though considering this is the 3rd season of this arc, it would make sense why it felt that way.

Leave it up to Ichigo to bring the HYPE, just go to town and spam those Getsuga Tenshou, elegantly countering Yhwach’s arrogance—absolutely satisfying! Yhwach’s powers, especially The Almighty, are genuinely terrifying; he operates on a whole different level with his ability to foresee and manipulate events. And the fate of the Soul King adds such profound weight to Ichigo’s choices and the overall stakes of this arc.

Epic showcases of Ichigo’s growth as both a fighter and a leader, while also delving into the intriguing themes of fate versus free will. I can hardly wait to see what unfolds next! Bleach on top
Oct 12, 8:18 AM
Jul 2023
Insane episode, the amount of source material elevation is unbelievable
Oct 12, 8:26 AM

Feb 2020
after more than 400 episodes he remains as impulsive as ever
Oct 12, 8:27 AM

Jan 2019
Storyboarded by Tomohisa Taguchi…

Good additions that aren’t in the manga.
The whole sequence in Kirinji’s hot spring waters was phenomenal, I really wasn’t expecting that, but it’s the main character against the main antagonist of the arc so that makes total sense. And as expected, Ichigo alone didn’t stand a chance.

I can’t wait to see what they’re cooking for Mayuri, man.
neffst3rOct 12, 8:44 AM
Oct 12, 8:30 AM
Sep 2024
Adnyeus is the Soul King's name!
Oct 12, 8:37 AM
Aug 2024
10/10 Episode, Best anime of FALL for sure
Oct 12, 8:40 AM

Oct 2009
This is excellent. Love the camera angles used during Ichigo's ascent to the royal palace. Soundtrack is on point, animation is great, and the art is crisp and detailed. I really have no criticisms.

Oct 12, 8:42 AM
Jun 2024
yeah, its peak...
Oct 12, 8:45 AM
Jul 2023
This and Dragon Ball Daima within the same 24 hour span is crazy.
Oct 12, 8:45 AM
Feb 2021
Peak! Can’t wait for schutstaffel vs the captains
Oct 12, 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
Oh no... this is not good at all. Yhwach was too much for even Ichigo and it looks like he read him like a book so easily. He knew everything from the start that this was going to happen and we played right into his hands.

And, on top of that, Ichgo was the one who split the Soul King in two. It's chaos everywhere. What's going to happen to the Three Worlds now?
Oct 12, 8:49 AM
Aug 2016
Wow, what an episode! The Ichigo vs Yhwach sequence was just amazing. Add Yhwach's big plan to make Ichigo kill Soul King due to him having all the powers and you get absolute cinema.

5/5 episode. Looks like we are getting Ukitake episode next week. Can't wait!
Oct 12, 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
so ichigo with the mix blood of all races is the key to killing the soul king
Oct 12, 8:55 AM

Apr 2024
Pierrot cooked. I have no words.

Oct 12, 8:57 AM
Nov 2023
I have no words ... absolute masterpiece, never seen anything better in my entire life. Thats peak 🔥🔥🔥
Oct 12, 8:57 AM
Feb 2023
Yhwach VS Ichigo part 2 was dope asf Pierrot Films Cooked fr this time
Oct 12, 9:00 AM

Feb 2018
wow
such action
such kurosaki-kun
such power
such foreseen
such soul society
such pierrot

i watch the same thing for more than 400 episodes help me
Oct 12, 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
Peak fiction! Wow, what a episode. Yhwach is amazing.
Oct 12, 9:02 AM

May 2024
Hmm, that was...sth. The animation has been as limited as the pacing so far in this cour. No hype whatsoever.
Oct 12, 9:03 AM

Apr 2024
The extension of the Ichigo vs Juha fight, loved it. And looked like they adapted about two chapters and we got many scenes

Oct 12, 9:04 AM

Jan 2019
Poor writing everywhere

Yhwach pulling second Aizen, yes Ichigo your entire existence for this i foresaw (you barely got almighty back)

Also there is no damage to human world somehow we only see 3 idiot highschool friend of Ichigo who checking news.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 12, 9:08 AM
Sep 2024
ABSOLUTE PEAK. What episode was that? That was really cinema!
Oct 12, 9:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Ichigo´s hand was the cause of the Soul King death!!!!
kekeke
Oct 12, 9:09 AM
Nov 2023
peak animation peak fiction
Oct 12, 9:18 AM
May 2021
Peak episode 🔥🔥. So ichigo was literally the only weapon to kill soul king sinch he got all power lmao. Fantastic fight scene and cliffhanger sheesh
Oct 12, 9:21 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to Okeanix
Poor writing everywhere

Yhwach pulling second Aizen, yes Ichigo your entire existence for this i foresaw (you barely got almighty back)

Also there is no damage to human world somehow we only see 3 idiot highschool friend of Ichigo who checking news.
@Okeanix Yhwach had the Almighty 1000 years ago,lol.
Oct 12, 9:22 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Okeanix
Poor writing everywhere

@Okeanix you're wrong.
Aizen = inteligence and planning, he manipulated events in the past according to his agenda, for example sending hollows to Karakura, with White accidentally infecting Ichigo's mom (a pure blood Quincy), leading her to meet and marry Isshin, and eventually giving birth to Ichigo.

Yhwach has The Almighty, which pretty much allows him to perceive and alter the FUTURE. Yes, he's just that haxxed.
Oct 12, 9:22 AM
Jul 2024
Anyway peak ep fr.
Oct 12, 9:24 AM
Dec 2023
I think its a great episode. There are some points i want to put....
1. I think that Osho is dumb. despite having the knowledge of all names and primordial being and most important a person who plays a important role to seal the Soul King didn't know that only a hybrid like Ichigo can undo the seal and kill Soul King..... I need explanation.
2. And I can't able to think that Yuhawa knows about that but Osho didn't.

Just thinking why didn't Chad assisted Ichigo in his fight (but he right not to intervene in their fight)
Oct 12, 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
YOO this was a insane episode!
Oct 12, 9:25 AM
Sep 2018
What an amazing episode. I loved it!!!
Oct 12, 9:26 AM

Jan 2019
Bleach Episode (Rating: 6/10 ✅) was disappointing, and I’m not sure where to begin.

- We saw a little destruction in Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, but the Earth scenes only had screen shakes (earthquakes). It felt like they cut the budget, failing to show the consequences effectively.
- There's no reason for Yhwach to fight Ichigo without using the Almighty. It feels like meaningless fanservice.
- The fight itself was dull, just two lights moving across the screen, with Yhwach occasionally using a Quincy moves and Ichigo breaking it. That’s the entire battle.
- Ichigo not attempting to use Bankai even after being defeated is both stupid and a plot hole.
- The episode is filled with repetitive lines, like Yhwach explaining multiple times that he can see the future.
- Yhwach's line, “You can’t comprehend the difference in our powers,” perfectly sums up Bleach's repetitive writing in every arc.
- The pacing in the Soul Society scenes was poor, with side characters discussing things we already know.
- Yoruichi’s fanservice scene felt pointless and had no real impact, same as other background characters which does not have point other than being background characters.
- Yhwach pulling another 'Aizen move' on Ichigo is ridiculous, especially since everyone knows it's nonsense, and he only recently gained the Almighty after so many years.
- The OST in this season is severely lacking for a series renowned for having one of the best soundtracks in all of anime.
- Also, Ichibei knowing that Ichigo is the only hybrid who can undo the seal of the Soul King, yet doing nothing about it, is very unrealistic and can be considered a plot hole.

Anyway, I'm disappointed.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Oct 12, 9:26 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Okeanix
Poor writing everywhere

@Okeanix But enough about Subaru being the worst protagonist in any popular isekai. It's tough being a Re:Zero fan; imagine waiting 4 years for a new season only for Bleach to immediately snatch its glory. I see you're still coping about Frieren too LOL.

neffst3r said:
@Okeanix you're wrong.
Aizen = inteligence and planning, he manipulated events in the past according to his agenda, for example sending hollows to Karakura, with White accidentally infecting Ichigo's mom (a pure blood Quincy), leading her to meet and marry Isshin, and eventually giving birth to Ichigo.

Yhwach has The Almighty, which pretty much allows him to perceive and alter the FUTURE. Yes, he's just that haxxed.
Don't take Okeanix too seriously. He's a low-tier troll and MAL's biggest lolcow.

SimplyBrazen said:
Hmm, that was...sth. The animation has been as limited as the pacing so far in this cour. No hype whatsoever.
My man, this would be the worst take in the thread rn if it weren't for @Okeanix coping about yet another loss to his favorite show. Did you even watch the same episode as the rest of us (this is EP28 if you're confused). "Limited animation" is objectively wrong, and what does "limited pacing" mean? That it's too fast? I take it you're unaware of all the AO elevations that are seemlessly being etched into the storyboards of these episodes.

Arpee9 said:
Sorry, but Kubo prays every night he could write a character even 1/50th as complex as Subaru
Nah, only Re:Zero fans believe their isekaislop is a deep psychological seinen. Subaru is somehow the most unlikeable MC in any isekai and it's purely thanks to his terrible character writing in spite of the author's relentless efforts to make him sympathetic by having the entire rest of the story pander to his low IQ decisions (this is a self-insert wish fullfilment light novel, after all). He deserves all the hate he gets. At least with other MCs of the genre, a lot of the times they're unlikeable by design. But I can understand an underage who gives shows like MHA a 10/10 being impressed.

But this is all beside the point. I don't want to give a series currently being overshadowed by Bleach too much attention here.
ihurlrocksatkidsOct 12, 11:15 AM
Oct 12, 9:41 AM
Dec 2022
Peak absolutely peak
Oct 12, 9:42 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Okeanix
Bleach Episode (Rating: 6/10 ✅) was disappointing, and I’m not sure where to begin.

- We saw a little destruction in Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, but the Earth scenes only had screen shakes (earthquakes). It felt like they cut the budget, failing to show the consequences effectively.
- There's no reason for Yhwach to fight Ichigo without using the Almighty. It feels like meaningless fanservice.
- The fight itself was dull, just two lights moving across the screen, with Yhwach occasionally using a Quincy moves and Ichigo breaking it. That’s the entire battle.
- Ichigo not attempting to use Bankai even after being defeated is both stupid and a plot hole.
- The episode is filled with repetitive lines, like Yhwach explaining multiple times that he can see the future.
- Yhwach's line, “You can’t comprehend the difference in our powers,” perfectly sums up Bleach's repetitive writing in every arc.
- The pacing in the Soul Society scenes was poor, with side characters discussing things we already know.
- Yoruichi’s fanservice scene felt pointless and had no real impact, same as other background characters which does not have point other than being background characters.
- Yhwach pulling another 'Aizen move' on Ichigo is ridiculous, especially since everyone knows it's nonsense, and he only recently gained the Almighty after so many years.
- The OST in this season is severely lacking for a series renowned for having one of the best soundtracks in all of anime.
- Also, Ichibei knowing that Ichigo is the only hybrid who can undo the seal of the Soul King, yet doing nothing about it, is very unrealistic and can be considered a plot hole.

Anyway, I'm disappointed.
@Okeanix Stay disappointed the rest of us will carry on enjoying.👍
Oct 12, 9:42 AM
Apr 2020
A movie kind of episode
Oct 12, 9:49 AM

Oct 2020
Yhwach has won, welcome to Wahrwelt.
Oct 12, 9:50 AM

Jan 2019
Why the hell are people comparing Aizen to Yhwach? It's not the same thing, this will get clear once we reach the final battle, Aizen's ability creates illusions, changes your perception/senses (Kyoka Suigetsu), other than that it's just high IQ.

Aizen didn't really "plan" for Ichigo to be born, White infecting Masaki was an accident (hence why Tosen wanted to kill her), but Aizen found the idea of a hollow infecting a pure blood Quincy interesting and unpredictable so he stopped Tosen. Only then, he indeed began to plan on Ichigo's future by sending Rukia to Karakura when he was a teenager to meet him and awaken his powers, this is WHY Aizen is a fan favorite among the fandom, yes, he is a villain but he's also the reason why Masaki and Isshin met each other, and also the reason for a beautiful friendship between Rukia and Ichigo began.

In summary, Aizen's plan was an accident that went right, while Yhwach's ability allows one to foresee and potentially alter the future. I swear some of you need to rewatch cour 1 and the OG anime again.
Oct 12, 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Another banger episode, not sure where the "limited" animation was, the person who said that must have been watching a different episode. This dude Yhwach is so insanely broken, he's literally Bleach's Jesus lol. Now his plans can really be set in motion after baiting Ichigo into killing the Soul King.

You know a series is a hit when you got people in here trying so hard to be different. Nitpicking and grasping at straws for any sort of "criticism," and calling every little thing a plot hole when it doesn't even fit the definition of one, lol.
thebrentinator24Oct 12, 9:58 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 12, 9:52 AM
Mar 2021
We get a real name of soul king🔥🔥, hopefuly the anime will add more the additional information that not exist in manga. fire eps btw
Oct 12, 9:52 AM
Apr 2023
the eposide is insane
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What did you think of the fight from episode 2?

Ba-Cii10 - Oct 13

40 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

» Yhwach or aizen

LaFlame77 - Yesterday

6 by Gator »»
4 hours ago

» Where to watch

TheJergonDragon - Yesterday

9 by SoulessAnime »»
8 hours ago

» Daddy Issues

dragynfaerie - Oct 12

24 by abunchogasdf »»
Yesterday, 8:08 PM

» Episode 3 (29) "The Dark Arm" Preview images and staff

18927 - Yesterday

9 by Raion98 »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.