Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 5, 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
Atri's final moments as she makes up her mind to be Natsuki's grandmother's vessel in powering her artificial city Eden, time is ticking down, but all the more, he just didn't want to lose her.

Even up until this point, Natsuki still didn't rely heavily on his friends, but at this moment, he really needs all the help he could get, counting 3 days down until Atri hits obsolescence. And her wanting to respect Nonko's wishes, Natsuki has no choice but to do the same with her being Eden's administrator. But before that, while Atri's farewell party is a bittersweet one, whatever she wants Natsuki to do, he can absolutely spoil her, as is the new prosthetic leg that's truly high-performance. The moment of separation is one that Natsuki cannot bear to witness losing her for real, but despite that, Atri still is happy giving her life away to the formation of numerous Edens that lead to her eventual shutdown, bearing Natsuki able to extract her data and bring it into the virtual world.

I had doubts going into the anime adaptation of the VN, but as it turns out, it's one heck of a solid adaptation.
KANLen09Oct 5, 6:22 PM
Oct 5, 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 5, 10:00 AM
Jun 2022
i was skeptical that it would take on the good route and it did and tbh at least she didn't get her memories erased so i'm grateful for that.
I am happy it didn't take on a simular route of what Plastic Memories did because i would've cried more

10/10 MASTERPIECEEEE
Oct 5, 10:07 AM

Oct 2017
Got emotional during the goodbye but otherwise predictable finale except I thought they'd reunite in real world but makes sense it'd take a long time for their vision to get realised. Not a fan of this ending though.

I had high hopes for this from how well praised the VN is and it did seem interesting when it started with the world setting but ended up touching surface level with that and turned into an android drama romance which was okay. Somewhat decent anime.
Oct 5, 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Damn so that’s how it all ends :/ gonna miss Atri on Saturdays, wasn’t the best show ever but I did really grow to care about Atri, Natsuki and the whole island. Seeing how humanity continues to evolve and live in the face of such insurmountable odds always does something to me. I didn’t cry during the episode, but I def felt a little tingly in my back during the atri and Natsuki farewell. I was hoping Natsuki would tell her he loved her there though!

So everything worked out as it was meant to in the end. Atri getting in the energy generator was the missing piece to restoring power to the island, ironic since they spent half the season trying to do that. It also ensured humanity’s survival with the other Edens and Natsuki was able to advocate for humanoid rights so they could live freely. But.. at the same time breaks my heart knowing he had to wait 70 years to see her again. Literally an entire lifetime..

The episode title, “stop, time, you’re beautiful” is definitely fitting. Now that they’re together in the digital world, Natsuki and Atri will be together forever. Wish we could’ve seen her meeting his mom again though :/ overall, a nice finale to a solid show. I would’ve liked to have got more on the climate change stuff and more worldbuilding, personally, but still had fun here.

Also, shoutout to Minamo for being such a great friend to Natsuki. I would’ve liked to see who she ended up marrying
Marinate1016Oct 5, 11:44 AM
Oct 5, 10:11 AM
Aug 2020
Minamo ended up marrying random dude or not natsuki?
Oct 5, 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
I read the Visual Novel first, so I did have issues with some of the directing choices, but honestly for the most part it was a great adaptation. Also it managed to have me cry more, even tho I knew what would happen

8/10

Atri is an absolute cinnamon roll, and of course Is high performance as well :)
Oct 5, 10:28 AM
Jun 2024
This final episode was far better than I was expecting. There wasn't much time, yes. But it did end up with pretty much the same ending as the original after all. They even brought in a couple of music tracks from the VN for this episode.

The order between the the city lighting up and atri going into the capsule was swapped. Which kind of makes sense in a way as it makes her sacrifice seem more required. But she had a hologram or something be with him during that event instead? Wonder what that was about. Obviously the adaptation is over already, but I think the idea of Natsuki going to the Eden island every now and then and hanging out with her hologram would be an interesting thought to explore.
Oct 5, 10:35 AM
May 2022
I really disliked how serious this anime was, it felt like there were times when the drama was forced
Oct 5, 10:35 AM

Mar 2021
This was such an emotional finale, so nice to see that Atri and Natsuki could be together at the end.
Oct 5, 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
Seeing Natsuki (or his metaverse avatar) for the first time in 70 years and almost immediately demanding his toothbrushing services is such an Atri thing to do.

A happy if not unusual ending but I had better hopes for Minamo, though I can respect how she refused Atri practically giving Natsuki up to her. The surprise leg gift was really sweet too.
Oct 5, 10:44 AM
Feb 2020
That was a great ending.Cool to see the cast 70 yrs later,was rly hoping to see gramps Natsuki tho.Even with all that time he still couldn't figured out the tech,grandmas just that good.

Overall was pretty good show.Was more enjoyable during the more slice of life parts trying to bring back the energy.

Its a High 7/10
Oct 5, 10:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Decent finale for what has been a fine show for me. Given all the expectations and hype from the VN fans, I was prepared for something like SukaSuka to leave me balling, but it didn’t quite manage to evoke that much from me. It was clear since last episode that it would be heading to this kind of sad finale but I really thought they could’ve done more to set the stage. City lighting up and the hologram plus the whole farewell scene was emotional, don’t get me wrong though. It’s nice to see that they’re finally reunited in the data world though, but seeing Natsuki-san just accept reality was too abrupt.

Since the villain from episode 10-11 or so had that whole thing from the Op, I thought he’d have a part in the final round but it just turned out to be all within Grandma’s grand plan of things. We did get to see an apology from her though so there’s some remorse thankfully.

Glad to see the space venture worked out and we’re left to wonder what happened with Minamo-chan aside from retiring as island head or whatever. And of course, the final day of the main couple too. I noticed the episode extended to 26 minutes, and I feel they could’ve easily added a couple more mins but that might be asking for too much, lol.

In the end, the audiovisual experience was solid, the characters ranging from under-utilised to decent and the story fine. All in all, solid 6/10 from here.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 10:47 AM
Jan 2022
does somebody know the name of the final song? that was beautiful
Oct 5, 10:49 AM
Jul 2021
I SAW THAT IN THE TRUE ENDING OF VN MINAMO AND NATSU GET MARRIED BUT IS THE ANIME THE SAME WAY OR DID THEY CHANGE IT?
Oct 5, 10:51 AM
Jan 2024
The ending isn't that bad, but I wonder what happened to Natsuki in the 70 years after she studied humanoids. Did she get married or have children? I hope that at least one day they release an OVA.
Oct 5, 11:00 AM

Mar 2018
stop, time... you are beautiful
Sport Club Corinthians Paulist is the biggest football team in the world.
51 is cachaça
Oct 5, 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
These type of tearjerking endings are my kryptonite. Fortunately it wasn't entirely soul-crushing, just the right amount of bittersweet 🥲

Got what I signed up for and this finale definitely solidified the 8/10 rating

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 11:21 AM

Nov 2009
I hate sad endings and this is like Plastic Memories all over again. But i guess given the situation and all that, him and Atri existing in a virtual world is the best outcome.
Oct 5, 11:24 AM

Jun 2016
As someone who only took a quick look at the ending of the original VN on youtube, I didn't see the point in changing it in the adaptation, it was safe to adapt the original true ending with the addition of footage with additional characters from the final episode.
Oct 5, 11:46 AM

Feb 2020
pretty good ending to the anime, and some interesting changes to the last events of the vn. minamo does not become the caretaker/supposed wife of natsuki, and we do not see them watch the rocket on the school rooftop. tho whats nice is to see the 'future' expanded further--the grandchildren of the cast, and ryuuji getting together with yoko and had children of their own (which surprised me!). We also do not see Natsuki in the future: in the vn, we only see a backshot of him sitting from a hospice bed with minamo by his side.

besides that, they adapted the coastline CG that i loved most from the VN, which still is part of my profile to this day. also happy to see them include dear moments again and hikari hanate... nice callback to the vn.

overall, pretty good! again, i found the vn more immersive and the music more impressive, but the anime really delivered on some parts. i think there could be parts where they didn't change the original material, but honestly i like the changes here too.

thank you TROYCA! :)
Oct 5, 11:48 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to AquaPxki
i was skeptical that it would take on the good route and it did and tbh at least she didn't get her memories erased so i'm grateful for that.
I am happy it didn't take on a simular route of what Plastic Memories did because i would've cried more

10/10 MASTERPIECEEEE
@AquaPxki Thank you God. Thank You God! Thank You God! Also, thank you writers & staff! I can only stand so much heartbreak in my life.
Oct 5, 12:00 PM

May 2015
The ending is...ok I guess? Not big fan of Atri though.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 5, 12:00 PM

Jan 2024
I have to say I really enjoyed this anime up until last 2 episode. The ending and sacrificing Atri for saving the world ft very forced. Grandma can build Eden (idk how that works still, just a generator?) but need a very specific humanoid. Natsuki also gave up easily.

Atleast that 70 years timeskip kinda salvaged it. Yoko & Ruyji are the only character to have proper romance in the entire show lol. I didn't really get how Eden & humanoids save the world. I didn't really cared about that much tbf. Well Natsuki and Atri can be together forever although not in real world.

If you want to make this tragic tale like Plastic Memories I think there were better ways than world saving stick. The mech arm dude or even memory loss could have been better. But they went kinda happy ending route so it's fine ig.

Atri carried the show (as it should be). Natsuki was decent mc for most part. Side characters are not really special but still made their contribution. Mainly Minamo was very helpful to both mc throughout.

7.4/10 it could have been better.
Unlike Plastic Memories which although gave a tragic ending it was beautifully executed and felt so genuine and heartfelt.
This was sad but didn't hit that much.
But again it's semi happy route so..
"High performance for a reason"
Oct 5, 12:30 PM
Apr 2024
will there be a season 2?
Oct 5, 12:43 PM
Oct 2020
Ok happily ever after in data world cool. We got a happy end though it leaves much to be desired. At least the high-performance couple will live on. This was good a solid 7/10 I think.

Also just noticed wow this is m 800th anime I guess.
RexnihiloOct 5, 12:58 PM
Oct 5, 12:54 PM
May 2017
Excellent but predictable ending episode of an excellent series! I did not expect Transhumanism to have such a relevant role in the story, which could not make myself, Natsuki and Atri happier!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 5, 1:14 PM
Nov 2020
so much happened in the last 10 min. But it was a heartwarming ending..💖
Oct 5, 1:42 PM

Aug 2020
Kousei no desukara!

And Atri: My Dear Moments is over. It was a nice journey. I enjoyed it from start to finish, and I was surprised by the way the story went. Some parts were the usual of a visual novel of its type, but nothing bad with this.

This season was the most interesting so far. It had some cool shows. Glad I watched this one, and also that I watched this last episode in the release date. It was a cute story.

Oct 5, 1:48 PM

Jun 2023
So they decided to adapt the true ending, with some changes. Sad we didn’t get to see old Natsu on the hospital bed with Minamo next to him.

Personally I think the message of the story (or at least from the VN) is “memento mori” remember you’ll die. And the second, most of the time left out part: “memento vivere” remember to live. So, life your life to the fullest, as you only have one (supposedly).

Overall a great adaptation from the VN, loved it
Oct 5, 1:50 PM
Jun 2024
Another masterpiece ended, I hope for new content I really want to see Atri with Natsuki getting married.
10/10
Oct 5, 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
I am surprised that the ending turn out to be good since it went on a different directions and keep a bit orginal. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 5, 2:45 PM

Jun 2019
My 296th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.

Oct 5, 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Overall thoughts:
Too much forced drama, story sucked, characters sucked other than Atri who completely carried the show. Ending made little sense considering what they established with the characters earlier episodes, it could have worked if they built it up better and didn't zoom through that ending, what's with the girl holding a knife to his throat then they all go haha it's just a joke eksdee? Why was the Robot facility dude acting like a villain?

The visuals were pretty, Atri is cute. That's about it

6.5/10
JokucOct 5, 3:24 PM
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Oct 5, 3:44 PM
Apr 2024
i watched EP 13 and i have many questions,Atri said i want to go to that hill, maybe this is a hint about the future of season 2? but i didnt like the ending of the anime and i hardly understood many things, i have many questions in my mind....
Oct 5, 3:46 PM
Apr 2013
EP 13

Its ep 13

Honestly uh

Part of me wonders if there will be a sequel, though i guess they kinda uh
If they really wanted to they could, its just like eh

So yeah this ep itself uh. i dont really have much to say.
In a sense its kind of like the whole anime itself

For the anime itself.
The good thing is that atri is amazing
The bad thing? basically everything else
13 episodes and honestly i couldnt really say much abott what happen
Like i get that anime adaptation, vn adaptation
The main issue really is that like minamo and ririka. like I know atri is the main character and focus, it just felt like. ririka is one thing, though she barely had any presence, and minamo basically had almost no screentime by the end

Its not the worst anime from this season, though its really hard to say
Oct 5, 3:48 PM

Aug 2022
Reply to Sekiro94
Minamo ended up marrying random dude or not natsuki?
@Sekiro94 In the anime no she married some random person, But apparently in the VN she ended up marrying Natsuki
Oct 5, 3:52 PM

Aug 2022
I was very off and on with this show but in the end I liked it a lot, Never ended up playing the VN but eventually I probably will. Generally a bittersweet type of ending for Natsuki and Atri. He never brought her back to the real world but uploaded her and himself to the virtual world. So there happy at least.

Apparently in the VN Natsuki ends up marrying Minamo. Personally I think this is a much better choice so I'm glad they made the change shows how real his love was for Atri.

Overall a great show 8/10

Time for Oshi no ko to finish the summer season
Oct 5, 4:40 PM

Jun 2017
They changed the horrible VN ending so I consider this adaptation saved.

In the VN Minamo ended up with Natsu. (but he still went back to Atri in a similar way)
Oct 5, 6:53 PM
Dec 2021
great anime, enjoyed it a lot
Oct 5, 7:22 PM
Apr 2024
The ending itself was fine, enjoyable to the extent that if you liked the characters, you'll like the ending. It was also beautiful visually.

I'm just confused with some of the plot points. Could it only have been Atri, or would any humanoid have worked? Was her "defect" related to why she was chosen, or was it purely for the love story with Natsuki? If she's AI, and everything about her functions and memory are stored as data (as confirmed by the last scene), why couldn't they have just copied her data to be the admin, instead of having her whole body stored? If she could appear as a hologram on the island, why didn't Natsuki visit her at all in the past 70 years?

I didn't play the VN, but based on the comments, I do agree that they did the right thing by not having Minamo end up with Natsuki. After being constantly ignored, or at the very least not interested in, by Natsuki, it would've been so pathetic for her to end up with him only because Atri had to leave. Very good change
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Oct 5, 7:44 PM

May 2018
Nice adaptation for overall. I really enjoy this anime. Glad that the story brought up until the True End.

Minttony said:
does somebody know the name of the final song? that was beautiful

In case if anyone want the full version of the ending song:
LNW_R92CPOct 5, 7:49 PM
Kotomi & Nanami  Anna Mochizuki 
Oct 5, 8:14 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to Phantom_373
@Sekiro94 In the anime no she married some random person, But apparently in the VN she ended up marrying Natsuki
@Phantom_373 And this is how they ruined Atri to me, I know the story was between Atri and Natsuki, but what about respecting the original story....

Was the original author even involved in the script?

Another epilogue where the ending was rushed, they didn´t even explain with who the characters ended up,aside from Natsuki and Atri .
Maybe they felt that wasn´t necessary but if they spent lot of minutes speaking about Minamo´s feelings and then they just end up like that is ... weird....
Same for the other characters.
Natsuki and Atri had a "happy" ending that wasn´t even happy in the end.
Well,such a dissapointment...

Can anyone tell who were the people that never showed the faces in the epilogue?
I guess they are the main characters, of course, but is hard to guess who is who sometimes.
Mione48Oct 5, 8:33 PM
Oct 5, 8:26 PM

Jul 2022
It was pretty predictable that Atri would stay in the capsule, but in the end it turned out to be a satisfying and emotional conclusion, which made me cry a little. Even though in some cases it felt like things were missing because of the changes from the visual novel and, from some comments, it seems like an original ending, it is still quite charming.

A 70-year time jump showing some characters' grandchildren or hearing that they achieved their goals, like Ririka and Natsuki, and some couples forming; it was obvious that Yoko and Ryuji would end up together, although I would have liked to see Minamo and Natsuki together as well. In the end, Natsuki was unable to get Atri out of the capsule, but she was able to recover her data and be with her eternally in that digital world being highly performance.
Oct 5, 8:42 PM

Aug 2022
Mione48 said:
@Phantom_373 And this is how they ruined Atri to me, I know the story was between Atri and Natsuki, but what about respecting the original story....

Was the original author even involved in the script?

Another epilogue where the ending was rushed, they didn´t even explain with who the characters ended up,aside from Natsuki and Atri .
Maybe they felt that wasn´t necessary but if they spent lot of minutes speaking about Minamo´s feelings and then they just end up like that is ... weird....
Same for the other characters.
Natsuki and Atri had a "happy" ending that wasn´t even happy in the end.
Well,such a dissapointment...

Can anyone tell who were the people that never showed the faces in the epilogue?
I guess they are the main characters, of course, but is hard to guess who is who sometimes.

Yeah I agree the ending was kinda rushed.

As an anime I think this is quite good, but as an adaptation from what I’ve heard the adaptation isn’t great because it changes a lot of things.

So while I do like the anime, I agree from an adaptation standpoint it’s not great.
Oct 5, 8:47 PM
Aug 2012
Just like Plastic Memory, I could not cry over a robot even though author tried to make it sad. It wasn't boring to watch though. 6/10
Oct 5, 8:52 PM

Feb 2016
I'm so fucking conflicted right now.
This anime started good, it was fun, but after the part were that dude that wanted to kill Atri appeared it all went to shit.

My main problem here is Natsuki, dude's a total dumbass, they make us believe that he is a genius, but then he begins to fall in love with the loli robot and begins to act like she is truly human, that would be fine, but, yeah, being in love with her, and crying because she acted like an actual robot for a couple of days, also he really thought in making Atri not get into Eden so she could stay with him forever, like, he was about to put Atri before the fate of humanity... fuck Natsuki.

And fuck this ending, that entire 70 years in the future stuff was shit, Ryuuji's granddaughter shows us that in the future fucking humanoids is fine (100% sure that's because of something Natsuki did/said), and Natsuki ending up in a fucking VR world to stay with Atri even tho the dude is about to die and he is ok on leaving behind his wife (who I suppose is Minamo since they didn't care to mention her name) , children (probably) and grandchild on his last moments... absolute trash.

6/10 mostly because of the 1st half being ok, Minamo being best girl, and the animation being nice, everything in the 2nd half is trash.
To think I bought the game around ep5 because I liked this, what a waste of money, and time.

PD: I want to clarify I have nothing against poor Atri, it's all Natsuki's fault.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 5, 9:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'll never understand how anybody can ship Natsuki with Atri lol, that is a child xD
Oct 5, 9:59 PM
Sep 2024
Amazing episode, but quite sad due to Minamo ended up with a random unnamed dude and we had no info about the development of Natsuki personal after leaving Atri at eden
Oct 5, 10:05 PM

May 2015
I usually like VN adaptations but this was really average. I probably was expecting a lot more coming from Aniplex. Oh well
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jul 20

73 by Ashhk »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

44 by FragmantLemon »»
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cuhoangdk - Jul 5

103 by Ashhk »»
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Oct 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Will you sell her?

Ilhan391 - Aug 6

27 by GreenDLight »»
Oct 11, 2:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.