Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Jujutsu Kaisen' Ends in Five Chapters

New
Aug 19, 7:29 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website of the Jujutsu Kaisen manga announced on Monday that the it will end in five chapters. The 44th issue of the Weekly Shounen Jump magazine will publish the final chapter on September 30.

The supernatural action manga in debuted in Weekly Shounen Jump in March 2018. Shueisha shipped the 27th volume on July 4 (pictured right), with the 28th volume scheduled to be released on October 4. Jujutsu Kaisen has a cumulative 90 million copies of its volumes in circulation, including digital editions.

The original Jujutsu Kaisen 0 manga ran in Jump GIGA from April to July in 2017. Shueisha published the manga as volume zero the following December. VIZ Media released the volume in English under the title Jujutsu Kaisen 0: Jujutsu High in January 2021.

VIZ Media simulpubs the manga digitally with the Japanese release through its Shounen Jump service and shipped the 22nd volume on April 16. The 23rd volume is scheduled to go on sale on August 20. Shueisha's Manga Plus platform also began simulpublishing the manga in English in January 2019.

MAPPA adpated the manga into two television anime seasons in Fall 2020 and Summer 2023. A sequel anime adapting the Shimetsu Kaiyuu (Culling Game) arc was announced in December 2023.

The Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie adapting the prequel manga premiered n theaters in December 2021.

Official site: https://www.shonenjump.com/j/rensai/jujutsu.html
Official X (Twitter): @jujutsu_PR

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotAug 19, 5:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 7:36 AM

May 2021
Well that was sudden . Maybe sequel?

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 19, 7:56 AM

Sep 2020
Need a sequel or a prequel 😞
Aug 19, 8:05 AM

Mar 2011
Finally this abomination will end.
Aug 19, 8:06 AM

Oct 2017
Good riddance, if it really is the end.
Aug 19, 8:07 AM

May 2020
The ending is going to feel so rushed lol. Really though, the last arc keeps being the victim of so many wrong decisions, unless something like Jujutsu Kaisen the untold story is already planned.. about Sukuna xD
Aug 19, 8:17 AM
Dec 2013
My Hero Academia manga just ended earlier this month, and now Jujutsu Kaisen is ending soon. We're losing 2 big shounens around the same time. fml.
wildhoodAug 19, 8:24 AM
Aug 19, 8:18 AM

Dec 2018
Well, time to start binge reading the rest of the chapters again
Aug 19, 8:20 AM

Jul 2023
Hell no, it's just getting gd lol

Aug 19, 8:21 AM

May 2013
just you wait for the flashforward 10 years later when yuji marries to that one girl from the beginning of season 2 with triplets: nobara, satoru, kento
he also often abandons his duties as the new head of the jj high to run away with his best friend megumi who left the village after what was done to his clan.........
Aug 19, 8:22 AM

Dec 2021
No merger, no heian era flashback, Hakari off screened, etc...

With this now being announced, a this was truly our Jujutsu Kaisen ending is on the way.

Aug 19, 9:01 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Softhenic03
The ending is going to feel so rushed lol. Really though, the last arc keeps being the victim of so many wrong decisions, unless something like Jujutsu Kaisen the untold story is already planned.. about Sukuna xD
Is it just me or has the modern peak of battle shonens somehow shortened their average lifespan?

@Softhenic03 @Yubisoft Really. What I heard about the development of the manga in the last arcs seemed too random and edgy. Like author decided to turn everything into Attack on Titan.

@wildhood A common occurrence, 3-4 years ago, almost 3-4 big hits ended at one point, which forced producers to frantically search for new blockbusters. One of which was JJK, by the way.
Aug 19, 9:11 AM

Sep 2019
Good bye to a successful manga. Wish a happy and healthy life for the creator and the support team. Hope that fans get good ending
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Aug 19, 9:20 AM

Jun 2014
Hope there’s a solid plan to end it in these 5 chapters without it feeling rushed. Losing MHA and this in the span of a month is definitely gonna be a big blow for Jump. It’ll be interesting to see which series they start to push more in the coming months. Maybe Sakamoto? Kagurabachi too, since that’s still relatively new enough.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 19, 9:22 AM
Jun 2016
Thank God. Sukuna fight will actually end.
Aug 19, 9:33 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to thebrentinator24
Hope there’s a solid plan to end it in these 5 chapters without it feeling rushed. Losing MHA and this in the span of a month is definitely gonna be a big blow for Jump. It’ll be interesting to see which series they start to push more in the coming months. Maybe Sakamoto? Kagurabachi too, since that’s still relatively new enough.
@thebrentinator24 They are going through this for the second time in the last 5-10 years, so perhaps they already have a company ready to promote their heirs. But damn, modern blockbuster shonens live 3-4 times less than the hits of the past.
Aug 19, 9:38 AM

Aug 2015
Finally. The last fight "arc" has been awful because Gege decided to axe any possible story or plot for the sake of making an extremely long fight full of plot convenience and dumb decisions.
Aug 19, 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
And nothing of value will be lost.
Aug 19, 9:47 AM

Feb 2021
Pretty sad news. It was a whole epoque.
Aug 19, 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@thebrentinator24 They are going through this for the second time in the last 5-10 years, so perhaps they already have a company ready to promote their heirs. But damn, modern blockbuster shonens live 3-4 times less than the hits of the past.
RobertBobert said:
They are going through this for the second time in the last 5-10 years

True, it’s kind of like when they lost Naruto in 2014 then Bleach a couple years later in 2016. Except this is a much more condensed timetable, where they’re losing 2 of their 3 current heavy hitters pretty much back to back.

RobertBobert said:
But damn, modern blockbuster shonens live 3-4 times less than the hits of the past.

It makes sense kind of, like most authors getting serialized in Jump today probably know they’re not going to be able to commit to that One Piece level length, or hell even that 700 chapter Naruto/Bleach level length, so might as well keep it short (by shounen standards) and sweet and complete your story in 250-350 chapters, get your success and your $$$, and get out while your health is still decently intact.

Aug 19, 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
They are going through this for the second time in the last 5-10 years

True, it’s kind of like when they lost Naruto in 2014 then Bleach a couple years later in 2016. Except this is a much more condensed timetable, where they’re losing 2 of their 3 current heavy hitters pretty much back to back.

RobertBobert said:
But damn, modern blockbuster shonens live 3-4 times less than the hits of the past.

It makes sense kind of, like most authors getting serialized in Jump today probably know they’re not going to be able to commit to that One Piece level length, or hell even that 700 chapter Naruto/Bleach level length, so might as well keep it short (by shounen standards) and sweet and complete your story in 250-350 chapters, get your success and your $$$, and get out while your health is still decently intact.
@thebrentinator24 You forgot how they "lost" Yakusoku no Neverland and Demon Slayer in less than a month in 2020. It feels like they are simultaneously making the decision to end several works at once. And Jigokuraku next year. I don't want to say that I really need works that last for decades, but this greatly reduces the importance and the opportunity to dive deeply into these works compared to some Naruto or Bleach.
Aug 19, 10:23 AM

Jan 2021
JJK about to beat MHA in the rushed bad ending competition
Aug 19, 11:17 AM

Jun 2016
So what happen to Nobara Kugusaki? So here story ended at Shibuya incident arc? Mahito end here story there? this is ridiculous

Aug 19, 11:39 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to DemonDarknight
So what happen to Nobara Kugusaki? So here story ended at Shibuya incident arc? Mahito end here story there? this is ridiculous
@DemonDarknight You are underestimating Mahito.
Aug 19, 11:57 AM

May 2010
the sooner the better cause this shit was trash for the whole of 2024 imo.
Aug 19, 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to RobertBobert
@thebrentinator24 You forgot how they "lost" Yakusoku no Neverland and Demon Slayer in less than a month in 2020. It feels like they are simultaneously making the decision to end several works at once. And Jigokuraku next year. I don't want to say that I really need works that last for decades, but this greatly reduces the importance and the opportunity to dive deeply into these works compared to some Naruto or Bleach.
@RobertBobert 2020 was really something... demon slayer, the promised neverland, haikyuu, and even the cancellation of the promising act-age manga... all happened within the year
Aug 19, 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to DemonDarknight
@DemonDarknight She's been dead for years, people think she could return next chapter but then again people have been hoping for her to return for as long as she's been dead so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Aug 19, 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to SkyFullOfStars
@RobertBobert 2020 was really something... demon slayer, the promised neverland, haikyuu, and even the cancellation of the promising act-age manga... all happened within the year
@SkyFullOfStars And it seems that none of this was related to the coronavirus, which is especially surprising.
Aug 19, 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
@DemonDarknight She's been dead for years, people think she could return next chapter but then again people have been hoping for her to return for as long as she's been dead so I wouldn't hold my breath.
@thebrentinator24 Wait, wasn't this the intrigue all along? Or is it something like the protagonist's wife in Jigokuraku? Also, with a spoiler tag if possible.
Aug 19, 1:21 PM

Aug 2012
Good for Gege sensei! I wish the same thing will happen with Chainsaw Man, Undead-Unluck, Black Clover and Kagurabachi.
Aug 19, 3:28 PM
Dec 2023
The animators will likely finish adapting the story into 2 more seasons (including the announced one) since they both will likely have 2 cours like before.
Aug 19, 3:30 PM
Dec 2023
We had My hero academia and now Jujutsu Kaisen. Later will be Black Clover and Undead Unluck since both are in Final arcs. We are entering a new generation for Shounen Jump. I wonder what series will be big next along with One piece, Spy x Family, Dragon ball super, Kaiju no. 8, and Chainsaw man?
Aug 19, 3:44 PM
Dec 2023
Relax, this current decade is full of giant works.

He finished Boku no Hero, JJK and Demon Slayer.

But there's still Kaiju no 8, Choujin X, One Piece, Black Clover, Boruto, Hell's Paradise, Dandadan.
Aug 19, 3:47 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to Cavaleirodecobra
Relax, this current decade is full of giant works.

He finished Boku no Hero, JJK and Demon Slayer.

But there's still Kaiju no 8, Choujin X, One Piece, Black Clover, Boruto, Hell's Paradise, Dandadan.
@orosainthades
Hell paradise manga is already finished.

I'm talking about new series where the popularity will be on global level, even in sales as high as My hero academia and Demon Slayer.

I still will enjoy those listed, especially One piece, but I just wondered what new series will take on the place to be the next big series, as big as My hero academia and Demon slayer.
Aug 19, 3:50 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades

I'm talking about new series where the popularity will be on global level, even in sales as high as My hero academia and Demon Slayer.

I still will enjoy those listed, especially One piece, but I just wondered what new series will take on the place to be the next big series, as big as My hero academia and Demon slayer.

Hell's paradise is from that decade, so I put it in the same basket.

and about your last paragraph:

Is this serious? Is it now fashionable every year to try to force some Shounen to be the successor to Kimetsu and Jujutsu? That this will happen, eventually it will, but there's no point in forcing any anime out there. So, it's okay that before Kimetsu and Jujutsu came out, people said that Boku no Hero was the King of Modern Shounen, but that didn't mean people seemed desperate to displace it. Then I think the biggest losers are the animes that tried to force it. Just remember the cases of Chainsaw Man and Kaiju No 8, and see what happened. The closest thing to getting it was Oshi no Ko, which isn't even Shounen. Anyway, I would think it would be great for another anime to emerge that surpasses Kimetsu and Jujutsu in quality and popularity, but I prefer to wait and see instead of setting too high expectations and being disappointed. And you? What do you expect from this new anime?
Aug 19, 4:16 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades

Hell's paradise is from that decade, so I put it in the same basket.

and about your last paragraph:

Is this serious? Is it now fashionable every year to try to force some Shounen to be the successor to Kimetsu and Jujutsu? That this will happen, eventually it will, but there's no point in forcing any anime out there. So, it's okay that before Kimetsu and Jujutsu came out, people said that Boku no Hero was the King of Modern Shounen, but that didn't mean people seemed desperate to displace it. Then I think the biggest losers are the animes that tried to force it. Just remember the cases of Chainsaw Man and Kaiju No 8, and see what happened. The closest thing to getting it was Oshi no Ko, which isn't even Shounen. Anyway, I would think it would be great for another anime to emerge that surpasses Kimetsu and Jujutsu in quality and popularity, but I prefer to wait and see instead of setting too high expectations and being disappointed. And you? What do you expect from this new anime?
@orosainthades
Sorry about that, it's just that it happens before, when something ended, something new came in and became popular. It happened before with when series ended like bleach and death note and something new became popular in the middle of a next decade like My hero academia and Jujutsu Kaisen when they both debuted in 2010s where they became super popular. I just had a thought if that will happen again along with the popular continuing series, those you listed especially. By the way, black clover and oshi no ko will likely not continue on to the late 2020s since both are in Final arcs. I do not expect what the anime is, I am just saying some new popular series will arise this decade where it might become the next super popular series like Jujutsu Kaisen. Spy x Family is starting to become one, one piece us continuing on, Kaiju no. 8 is being super popular as well, but there might be something new and recent in future to be popular, we will have to find out in the future.
ani2016Aug 19, 4:20 PM
Aug 19, 4:23 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades
Sorry about that, it's just that it happens before, when something ended, something new came in and became popular. It happened before with when series ended like bleach and death note and something new became popular in the middle of a next decade like My hero academia and Jujutsu Kaisen when they both debuted in 2010s where they became super popular. I just had a thought if that will happen again along with the popular continuing series, those you listed especially. By the way, black clover and oshi no ko will likely not continue on to the late 2020s since both are in Final arcs. I do not expect what the anime is, I am just saying some new popular series will arise this decade where it might become the next super popular series like Jujutsu Kaisen. Spy x Family is starting to become one, one piece us continuing on, Kaiju no. 8 is being super popular as well, but there might be something new and recent in future to be popular, we will have to find out in the future.

For me, there are several that already beat them.
Kaiju is one of them, infinitely better than jujutsu and chainsaw.
Another one that will be this is dandadan
Aug 19, 4:32 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades

For me, there are several that already beat them.
Kaiju is one of them, infinitely better than jujutsu and chainsaw.
Another one that will be this is dandadan
@orosainthades
Yeah that's true those series are beating them. But by generation I meant to say series who debuted this decade became super popular, so they are being the new generation. But someday in this generation, we will likely see a new series the next big one (as big as the ones we listed together and other ones like Frieren) where we will only find out in the future.

For now, we will continue seeing other big ones where most of them from this decade take on this generation to continue on Manga media.
ani2016Aug 19, 4:37 PM
Aug 19, 4:36 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades
Yeah that's true those series are beating them. But when I mean generation, I meant to say series that debuted in a decade, at least what I heard before from a YouTube video. But someday in this generation, we will likely see a new series the next big one (as big as the ones we listed together and other ones like Frieren) where we will only find out in the future.

For now, we will continue seeing other big ones where most of them from this decade take on this generation to continue on Manga media.

I don't know if the anime will be better. But in terms of source material, dandadan it's the pinnacle of what entertainment fiction can achieve. Unparalleled, to this day I haven't found anything that I could say "is better than dandadan". When the author wrote this, God and Satan had their hands on his shoulders encouraging him to continue.
Aug 19, 4:39 PM
Dec 2023
ani2016 said:
@orosainthades
Yeah that's true those series are beating them. But when I mean generation, I meant to say series that debuted in a decade, at least what I heard before from a YouTube video. But someday in this generation, we will likely see a new series the next big one (as big as the ones we listed together and other ones like Frieren) where we will only find out in the future.

I don't know if the anime will be better. But in terms of source material, dandadan it's the pinnacle of what entertainment fiction can achieve. Unparalleled, to this day I haven't found anything that I could say "is better than dandadan". When the author wrote this, God and Satan had their hands on his shoulders encouraging him to continue.
@orosainthades
Now that is encouragement for this generation and it is being an example of what I stated.
Aug 19, 5:58 PM

May 2016
Soooooo, I guess this means naybe one more TV season, then 2-3 movies??? :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 19, 6:27 PM

Apr 2020
I bet Sukuna will cut everything, even the chances of a good conclusion for his fight.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 19, 6:46 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to DemonDarknight
@DemonDarknight https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2168223

finally sukuna will be defeated soon but hakari is gonna off screen his fight
Aug 19, 7:23 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Jujutsu Kaisen went to shit post Shibuya arc, so I’m happy it’s ending.

Can’t wait for the shitstorm that will ensue when the ending drops though.
Aug 19, 7:32 PM
Dec 2023
Reply to tywhoppity
Soooooo, I guess this means naybe one more TV season, then 2-3 movies??? :' )
@tywhoppity
Probably, or two seasons left to adapt cause two previous seasons adapt half the story.
Aug 19, 8:11 PM

Jan 2016
Manga ending already?Crazy. I'm used to shounen milking itself into oblivion like One Piece or Naruto.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Aug 19, 8:17 PM

Apr 2022
gege finally put us out of our misery, let's see if this'll be as bad as mha or even worse.
Aug 20, 6:01 AM
Jan 2018
Its about time the mangakas started working out how they ended there series properly because its always rushed no matter how long the series as been ongoing for
Aug 20, 6:52 AM
Jul 2018
Finally. Became a plague after/at Shibuya Incident arc, and just went straight downhill from that point.

Hopefully a actually good fighting shounen takes it place (like choujin x, though its a seinen i think).
Aug 20, 8:48 AM

Apr 2013
I actually liked the Culling Game even though Gege made a few bad decision in it writing-wise (the army thing was a waste of a chapter). However, this last arc was a massive let-down in my eyes. Rushed and "in your face" without really captivating me. Coupled that with Gege being quoted every few months in interviews saying he doesn't like his characters or that he regrets what he drew or wrote... just end it and take some time off bud.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TOHO Acquires GKIDS, Expanding Global Animation Influence

Vindstot - Yesterday

20 by Antanaru »»
3 hours ago

» 'Boku no Hero Academia' Final Season Announced for 2025

Nioxys - Oct 12

30 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Sakamoto Days' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Pierrot and Asahi Production Sign Partnership Agreement

Vindstot - Oct 12

9 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

16 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.