Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 20, 10:18 AM
Nov 2010
Hmm, having watched the 1st 2 eps, I'm not actually feeling the characters. The pacing also feels kinda off. Not sure if I will keep watching Atri, but I guess I'll give it 1 more ep to see how things go.

The least I've learned here is that we get to know a bit more of this seemingly abandoned town, and then Atri seems to learn something about the school, but kept quiet about it.
Jul 20, 10:26 AM

Mar 2021
Nice episode with us learning more about the island and Atri once again is just pure cuteness
Jul 20, 11:20 AM

Jul 2016
The contrast in tone between an abandoned island village barely staying afloat and smug gremlin bot being smug invokes such a unique mix of emotions.

Beyond adorable ED but I wasn't prepared for Atri straight up whacking Catherine (and a bunch of random crabs) out of the way lmao
Jul 20, 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
😭 please stop calling my baby Atri a piece of scrap. She’s just a little slow is all. Hilarious episode that showed off just how much personality this little bundle of joy has and some subtle hints to the direction the story could go in.. got a bad feeling it’s going to break my heart, but let’s see how it goes!

Very convenient excuse from Natsuki to say he’s waiting to sell Atri until Catherine gets back which could be from now until kingdom come 😂. I don’t think he’s in love or has romantic feelings yet, but given she was made by his late grandmother for an unknown purpose and she acts differently than most other humanoids, he’s naturally curious and wants answers.

I don’t really get how him having a prosthetic leg would prevent him from being a researcher on the ship. If he’s that gifted and smart surely you just find a way to make it work rather than leaving your best talent? I think that would make anyone upset so no wonder he’s so grumpy lol.

Minamo knows him better than anyone and recognises his budding attachment to Atri, it almost seems like they were fated to meet one another. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if that was the grandmother’s intention. Regardless, staying together probably is the best course of action rn. And they’re on a first name basis now! Really cute scene of Atri comforting Natsuki threw the nightmares

I love how she can’t remember nothing else besides what’s in the damn robot protection act lmao. So many cute and silly faces from Atri. She might be an idiot but she’s our idiot ❤️ thought we would get a mono reference with that toothbrush scene, thankfully a lot milder lmao.

Very interesting reaction to seeing the sunken school.. I wonder why. The mystery thickens! Fun episode
Marinate1016Jul 20, 11:59 AM
Jul 20, 12:14 PM

Jul 2022
Atri is too adorable, which makes her highly efficient. I just hope that Natsuki starts getting along better with Atri. However, I'm also worried because this anime gives me vibes that not everything will be rosy, and at some point, I'm going to cry.
Jul 20, 12:23 PM
Oct 2020
Sorry Mina but Atri might be the robot waifu of the season
Jul 20, 12:26 PM

Mar 2023
Funnier than the deer anime
Jul 20, 12:46 PM

Feb 2008
Reply to Narizor
Atri is too adorable, which makes her highly efficient. I just hope that Natsuki starts getting along better with Atri. However, I'm also worried because this anime gives me vibes that not everything will be rosy, and at some point, I'm going to cry.
@Narizor Yeah just by checking the opening there is some villain as well

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 20, 12:59 PM
Jul 2024
Episode had more laughs than I thought it was going too. Not bad, not bad at all. But I can also see why these models got re-called! LOL
Jul 20, 1:40 PM
Sep 2023
Hmm I am curious to see where this anime goes because I like series with this kind of mystery vibe but I do not get how this is a romance and or, I cannot see it that way because Atri seems like a little kid regarding appearance, voice and personality wise. I am continuing but not for any purpose of romance
Jul 20, 2:03 PM

Jun 2017
Oh boy all the subtle hints are already there for stuff to go down, can't wait to experience that all over again.
Jul 20, 2:18 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to JadaLove
Hmm I am curious to see where this anime goes because I like series with this kind of mystery vibe but I do not get how this is a romance and or, I cannot see it that way because Atri seems like a little kid regarding appearance, voice and personality wise. I am continuing but not for any purpose of romance
@JadaLove

I had a similar concern RE ATRI's physical form and a visual novel fan told me that ATRI is supposed to look like "a girl around 14", and MC is 17. I have no idea how concrete that is but for now I am using it to cope as I really like all other aspects of this anime and want to keep watching. I already had to drop another summer anime because of a character age, so I would be very very sad if this one had to be binned too.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for more cute funny moments and beautiful music/ animation.
Jul 20, 2:55 PM

Nov 2012
The school scene and Atri's view of the school is what makes me ready for e3.
Jul 20, 3:38 PM
May 2017
Excellent episode! Turing would be proud of Atri.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 20, 3:44 PM
May 2017
Reply to YordaTrico
@JadaLove

I had a similar concern RE ATRI's physical form and a visual novel fan told me that ATRI is supposed to look like "a girl around 14", and MC is 17. I have no idea how concrete that is but for now I am using it to cope as I really like all other aspects of this anime and want to keep watching. I already had to drop another summer anime because of a character age, so I would be very very sad if this one had to be binned too.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for more cute funny moments and beautiful music/ animation.
@YordaTrico and @JadaLove , keep in mind Atri is an Artificial Intelligence gynoid, what makes the romance an even more complex of an aspect...
Jul 20, 3:46 PM

Aug 2022
This episode made me like Atri and Natsuki a hell of a lot more, I'm already seeing their dynamic bloom and its very funny and cute. Not to keen on the red head but she's alright I guess.
Jul 20, 4:26 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to leonardobarba
@YordaTrico and @JadaLove , keep in mind Atri is an Artificial Intelligence gynoid, what makes the romance an even more complex of an aspect...
@leonardobarba

I apologise in advance if this is not your meaning...but if you mean physical appearance in terms of age wouldn't be as important because robot then this is always something I have disagreed with. If in 20 years one of my life long friends invited me round to meet their robot girlfriend that looked like a lifelike teenager we would probably never speak again lol.

but as I said in my previous reply, if he is 17 and she is looking around 14 (vs in universe physical standards) then for me there is no longer a hill to die on, I was a school kid once (many years ago lol). The other anime I mentioned dropping had a female 15 vs male 27 romance brewing which in my eyes is a grooming story - but nothing like that seems to be going on here.

I really liked your MAL btw - you like Vivy, Plastic Memories and you also like the Planetarian OVA better than the movie, much love for all of that, I guess we are both robot story fans lol. Hoping ATRI will become a new beloved robot story.

Jul 20, 4:39 PM
May 2017
Reply to YordaTrico
@leonardobarba

I apologise in advance if this is not your meaning...but if you mean physical appearance in terms of age wouldn't be as important because robot then this is always something I have disagreed with. If in 20 years one of my life long friends invited me round to meet their robot girlfriend that looked like a lifelike teenager we would probably never speak again lol.

but as I said in my previous reply, if he is 17 and she is looking around 14 (vs in universe physical standards) then for me there is no longer a hill to die on, I was a school kid once (many years ago lol). The other anime I mentioned dropping had a female 15 vs male 27 romance brewing which in my eyes is a grooming story - but nothing like that seems to be going on here.

I really liked your MAL btw - you like Vivy, Plastic Memories and you also like the Planetarian OVA better than the movie, much love for all of that, I guess we are both robot story fans lol. Hoping ATRI will become a new beloved robot story.

@YordaTrico Artificial Intelligences have no age; they have uptime.

Love is an ample concept and, until AIs become sentient, something exclusively belonging to the Human Being.

Without ethic and moral values, love leaves, something else fills the space.
Jul 20, 4:54 PM

Jun 2023
Atri might be too high performance lol
Jul 20, 4:54 PM
Dec 2021
sleeping on a lap is the best thing in life <3 for sure
Jul 20, 5:11 PM

Dec 2023
Reply to leonardobarba
@YordaTrico Artificial Intelligences have no age; they have uptime.

Love is an ample concept and, until AIs become sentient, something exclusively belonging to the Human Being.

@leonardobarba

but robots can still look and act like a life like child right?
Jul 20, 5:29 PM
May 2017
Reply to YordaTrico
@leonardobarba

@YordaTrico Naturally.

Jul 20, 7:04 PM

Apr 2022
was another okay episode. bro gave her the flick of life.
Jul 20, 7:35 PM
Dec 2022
Well, having seen all the comments, a lot of people might be confused. As someone that has read the visual novel, I can assure you that there IS romance. The real plot hasn't even been revealed yet. There's also some mystery involved. And maybe a bit of violence and a huge plot twist too (2 or 3). Atri has a hidden side and when will be revealed about her will be shocking. Seeing her expressions in the anime make me so happy. She really is high performance.😂♥️

PS, if you do decide to drop this given the 3 ep rule, you'll definitely miss out on one hell of an anime. That's all I'll say.
CheliosXJul 20, 7:40 PM
Jul 20, 7:49 PM

Dec 2009
Bit goofy, not really sure where this is going...
Atri is a pretty preposterous "robot"... Really is a goober.

leonardobarba said:

Ai is Philosophical Zombie (walks like a human, quacks like a human, but is not a human, nor sentient in any respect)... If you are referring to the complexity of social relations with entities that function and "think" entirely different in essentially every way from humans, then yes i agree that it's difficult to fathom in any sensible context, because you'd have to be very liberal and loose with your definition of relationship, as their ability to actual find discernible mutual ground will be abstract at best.
...A human can absolutely love a robot, but the robot cannot love back. If that's fine with you then there's no real issue.
YordaTrico said:
The key term here is "likeness".

robosex i guess?

for those who know what the yes pillow means.
GenesisAriaJul 20, 8:16 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 20, 8:43 PM

Oct 2016
It's better than the other robo waifu show of the season, but the main girl reminds me of a type of female character from decades ago that I couldn't stand, and I still can't, so I'm out.
Jul 20, 10:21 PM
Jan 2021
She’s too high performance for us
Jul 20, 10:42 PM

Apr 2021
Doesn’t feel like a Saturday show, more like a Wednesday show.

This show is like random things mashed together.

Some funny parts ants some annoying interactions.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 20, 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
Man, Atri is such a riot. It's impossible not to love her.

I wonder what was that reaction after seeing the school...

That YES pillow at the end of the ED hahaha.

GenesisAria said:
robosex i guess?

I guess she really is high-performance xD.
Jul 21, 12:01 AM

Mar 2015
The show has yet to really hook me, but the visuals and Hikaru Akao's performance (Atri's VA) have me interested.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised Atri's VA hasn't had a 'big break' role, yet. She's doing a great job at selling Atri, and I hope the show ends up good enough to propel her into even bigger roles, in the future.
"I shall grieve, and I shall weep. But I shall never regret."
~ Rider, Fate/Zero ~
Jul 21, 1:09 AM
Jan 2021
CMON YALL SPOILER WARNINGS IM DODGING YALLS LEFT AND RIGHT
Jul 21, 5:25 AM

May 2015
I really like these vibrant colorous!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 21, 5:42 AM

Jul 2023
Atri making a bad impression to Natsuki. This episode is better.
Jul 21, 7:02 AM
May 2024
This anime is... just bad. The interactions between the characters and the story itself is pretty uninteresting so far...
Jul 21, 9:06 AM

Jun 2020
Oh, well. The whole thing about how they're telling the story and its overall nuance is so VN-coded, lol. Even the jokes are very classics. I don't say it in bad meaning, though. These first two episodes are enjoyable. I like the OP and ED songs too. They're giving me a good impression, however I think I'll wait until this anime is finish to continue.
Jul 21, 10:50 AM

Dec 2018
This show, thus far, has been very endearing. It depends on where they go with this, but it's been mostly buildup right now: the debt collectors, his past with the leg, the humanoid's vague orders, and the rocket...It's hard to predict but so far I like the cast and setting.
Jul 21, 10:52 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to Marinate1016
😭 please stop calling my baby Atri a piece of scrap. She’s just a little slow is all. Hilarious episode that showed off just how much personality this little bundle of joy has and some subtle hints to the direction the story could go in.. got a bad feeling it’s going to break my heart, but let’s see how it goes!

Very convenient excuse from Natsuki to say he’s waiting to sell Atri until Catherine gets back which could be from now until kingdom come 😂. I don’t think he’s in love or has romantic feelings yet, but given she was made by his late grandmother for an unknown purpose and she acts differently than most other humanoids, he’s naturally curious and wants answers.

I don’t really get how him having a prosthetic leg would prevent him from being a researcher on the ship. If he’s that gifted and smart surely you just find a way to make it work rather than leaving your best talent? I think that would make anyone upset so no wonder he’s so grumpy lol.

Minamo knows him better than anyone and recognises his budding attachment to Atri, it almost seems like they were fated to meet one another. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if that was the grandmother’s intention. Regardless, staying together probably is the best course of action rn. And they’re on a first name basis now! Really cute scene of Atri comforting Natsuki threw the nightmares

I love how she can’t remember nothing else besides what’s in the damn robot protection act lmao. So many cute and silly faces from Atri. She might be an idiot but she’s our idiot ❤️ thought we would get a mono reference with that toothbrush scene, thankfully a lot milder lmao.

Very interesting reaction to seeing the sunken school.. I wonder why. The mystery thickens! Fun episode
Marinate1016 said:
I don’t really get how him having a prosthetic leg would prevent him from being a researcher on the ship.

I feel the same way but depending on the nature of the flight it could be an issue like in LEO but I don't really think that's enough to cancel his flight, I mean they got him all the way there just to say no? I think there might be something else going on there, or the writer just made a convenient excuse, but time will tell. We still don't know shit about what it is they were going to do, just vague statements or one liners about it.
Jul 21, 12:34 PM
Feb 2021
It's annoying when a good anime comes along and you have to once again confront that "harmless bit of fun" vs "propaganda for sex offenders" dichotomy with regard to young seeming female characters cast in unsuitable romantic roles with older males.
I wish the makers would stop doing it.
But for whatever reason they probably never will.
That said, this is very watchable, reminds me a bit of Air and The Day I became a God. I'm guessing there is many a heart rending reveal to come and there is more to this scatty robot girl than meets the eye.
I will be right there for it.
Jul 21, 12:57 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Sweet episode, good animation. I don't like the voice from the little girl tho.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 21, 1:02 PM
Dec 2022
It's only been 2 episodes, and I already don't want this anime to end, totally hooked, and I also might buy the game.
Jul 21, 2:52 PM
May 2017
Reply to GenesisAria
Bit goofy, not really sure where this is going...
Atri is a pretty preposterous "robot"... Really is a goober.

leonardobarba said:

Ai is Philosophical Zombie (walks like a human, quacks like a human, but is not a human, nor sentient in any respect)... If you are referring to the complexity of social relations with entities that function and "think" entirely different in essentially every way from humans, then yes i agree that it's difficult to fathom in any sensible context, because you'd have to be very liberal and loose with your definition of relationship, as their ability to actual find discernible mutual ground will be abstract at best.
...A human can absolutely love a robot, but the robot cannot love back. If that's fine with you then there's no real issue.
YordaTrico said:
The key term here is "likeness".

robosex i guess?

@GenesisAria Atri's neural network has corrupted, deleted, incomplete or locked data. It knows it is a high performance Artificial Intelligence gynoid the same way my computer knows its hardware specifications. What or who will repair or restore such data and how it will happen is the story and I am in.

It seems Mina is more of a Philosophical Zombie than Atri. The story hints Atri to be eccentric -- maybe sentient. Anyway, both Atri and Mina are running Jean Baudrillard's Simulation concept.
Jul 21, 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
What's with Atri's reaction to school -_- That didn't look good.
Jul 21, 4:18 PM

Nov 2016
Atri goofiness is so dorable. She's the archetype I enjoy the most in these type of stories.

As I said last week, this feels so visual novel in a really good way. Simply love the vibe which totally reminds me of the 00 adaptations when dramatic VN were at it's peak.

So far so good, if they nail the cathartic moments later down the line this could become my anime of the season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 4:53 PM
Feb 2024
eplipswich said:
Hmm, having watched the 1st 2 eps, I'm not actually feeling the characters. The pacing also feels kinda off. Not sure if I will keep watching Atri, but I guess I'll give it 1 more ep to see how things go.

The least I've learned here is that we get to know a bit more of this seemingly abandoned town, and then Atri seems to learn something about the school, but kept quiet about it.

next Episode Will not be enough for you to change your mind about it. Give It at least 2 or 3 more Episodes. I Just finished the visual novel. It is worth It.
Jul 21, 5:33 PM
Jul 2024
I find too many of the characters annoying, and I hate the emotional direction the story took this episode. Dropping.
Jul 22, 1:43 AM
Mar 2021
Can anyone else sus out the locations for this series? Part of the backgrounds made it look like the current setting is a flooded Choshi, but I’m not entirely sure.
Jul 22, 3:50 AM

Jan 2024
Atri way too cute...
Natsuki didn't hold back for a reason good for him and got teased like hell for it. She is ray of light in his miserable life. I hope these two get a good ending.
Good animation and visuals, nice ED too.
Jul 22, 4:19 AM
Jul 2020
So far atri hasn't done anything robot-like, Some high performance robot she is. I can't stand her honestly

although I'm interested to see where the story will go cuz the world is definitely interesting. I'll give it a few more episodes and see if it hooks me at any point
Jul 22, 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
Being a high-performance model, Atri should've been more capable, but knowing that Catherine is riddled with debt collectors and ran away without Atri, she has only one place to return to, and that's Natsuki's oceanic boat. But a robot like her being so useless to be called scrap, Natsuki couldn't really care less, and it's only because of Minamo that he decided not to sell her because of the memories that his grandmother had, being an oceanographer to constantly scrutinize the rising sea levels. And speaking of schools, Atri can only think of food, and of selling her so that Natsuki can get a better prosthetic leg, he's just that relentless enough for Atri to follow Minamo, the childhood friend, instead. Even with the disability of a leg, Natsuki is rather hardworking on the Space project, and her knowing that Atri will become an asset for him in the future, of course Atri will not be able to get all of this, being his other leg for the moment.

Oh welp, that memory beame a core part of Atri as Natsuki feels embarrassed about the ordeal, and how she linked that with love and romance so much that it's practically robot derogatory if she lives to live the tale. And when it comes to school, there's the only school that Minamo attends, pressuring Natsuki to think otherwise.

What secrets will the school hold for Atri, given that she knows an inkling or 2?
Jul 22, 6:06 AM
Sep 2022
I'm waiting for what this anime can do....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

44 by FragmantLemon »»
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cuhoangdk - Jul 5

103 by Ashhk »»
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 5

105 by BLANKED-KUN »»
Oct 14, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Oct 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Will you sell her?

Ilhan391 - Aug 6

27 by GreenDLight »»
Oct 11, 2:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.