Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021
Hell yeah they got signed.

Having made a lasting impression at the outdoor festival, Nina and the band successfully signed a formal contract with the agency. Nina quits her part-time job working at the ramen place and began creating music in earnest as professionals. Each member's emotions and aspirations intertwined as they embarked on their journey to survive and thrive in the world of professional music industry.

Forgot how good Momoka and Rupa were going to get along because they both loooove beer. Though fdinally at least they got out of that little ass recording studio and are getting upgraded to that real band studio shit. More of a laidback episode, I mean tbf that's most penultimate episodes. But damn.. only 103. It's not 0, but still, that's not good at all lol.

The band is a bust... apparently. What will Togenashi Togeari do now...

Jun 21, 9:51 AM
Sep 2020
Somehow it manages to be better and better every week!! Was especially impressed with Nina this week. She's really come a long way!

I'm sure they'll get their followers soon enough
Jun 21, 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
This development remembers me of Ya Boy Kongming, they will be competing with a group more than twice as popular as them for a chance to do the theme song in a drama. Except they don't have a genius Chinese strategist as their ally.
It will be interesting to see what they can pull off specially after their new song didn't blow up.

For some reason the best moment for me this ep was Nina completely flabbergasted with the production team names... Nakata, Nakano, Tanaka and Tano.. It's all the same basically lol, doesn't help that they also look the same
And smug Momoka who also didn't remember haha

Crazy that next week will be the last episode already, there are still so many things unexplained yet... Here is hope for a season 2
Jun 21, 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Maybe the only person with the opinion, but this episode left mixed feelings for me since it felt quite sudden and rushed with the agency storyline this time around. But hey, at least the band does need to overcome some big conflict with the song they put their hearts into with the approval of their agency thinking this will be a hit, turning out to be a flop views-wise. It does make sense given the band wanting to be itself and not sell out or change its image forcefully to ensure more commercial success, just wish there was maybe an episode in between the previous one and this one to ease the transition into the professional setting a bit better. They've got to desperately do a concert or a promotional gig that helps the song go viral and have their band turn this around quickly before they end up being drowned out with their ceiling capped not too high. Only one more week to go, so hopefully this conflict and show can end smoothly if that is the real end without feeling too rushed like this one. It's still a decent episode and still a very good show as a whole.
Jun 21, 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
A very meh episode. Maybe the previous one was just so good that I can't see the merits of this one as much, but I just didn't get the same vibe as the usual episodes. I understand that there is only so much a show can do in the penultimate episode, but after the credits rolled my only thought was: was that an entire episode?
Jun 21, 10:08 AM

Jan 2022
Another nice episode, the stress of becoming pro is real, and that ending, how unfortunate. Excited (and a bit sad) to see the last episode next week !
I like everything, ok
Jun 21, 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
Only one episode of peak left, looks like we just won’t be getting that Rupa backstory episode which kinda makes me sad.. I hope this finale next week isn’t the end of GBC but the start of a new media project

That aside, if last week was peak GBC, this episode felt like a lull in the storm and a nice breather for the girls. I loved seeing the girls just being happy together after such an emotionally tumultuous last few episodes. The girls really deserve to be able to celebrate their accomplishments. They put on the performance of a lifetime last week and are reaping the benefits.

Just seeing the girls having a journalist, marketing agent, sound engineer and other proper music staff around them is wild. This all started with just two girls who had a dream.. making music in a room. They gotta work on remembering my boy Nakata’s name though 😂 happy sound engineer, happy life.

Completely understand why the girls would be hesitant to face off against DD in the Valentine’s battle. On paper, DD have all the advantage with a larger fanbase, more established catalogue and more experience, and the rules do favour them. But like Nina realises at the end, if you’re going to be successful and achieve things you’ve never done before, you have to be prepared to take risks.

Yea, it’s scary af and you could lose everything, but you could also gain everything and take the band to the next level. That’s really been the whole point of this story too if you think about it. Taking risks to get what you want out of life. All the girls have really staked themselves on this band, so why stop now?

My heart dropped at the end there when Nina saw the view count. As a content creator I can reallly relate to putting a ton of work into something and expecting a decent amount of views only for it to underperform. Even though we say stuff like that doesn’t matter, it definitely does. The groundwork is laid for an amazing tense finale with the girls’ best song yet.. excited, but also sad to see it end.
Marinate1016Jun 21, 1:33 PM
Jun 21, 10:53 AM
Sep 2022
After a great episode last week, this episode (in my opinion) is the worst of the show,full of all the possible clichés in this type of anime, insecurities, the power of friendship etc... suddenly without explanation we are signing a contract with an agency, suddenly we We encounter a challenge with Diamond Dust, without seeing a single minute in the chapter to Diamond Dust talking about this, it feels forced,Especially because in this program we have not seen or know almost anything about the Diamond Dust, they want to put them as the antagonists but they fail because they literally do not appear. How this will be solved in the last chapter ?is easy with the power of the script. Greetings
HormigoJun 21, 11:45 AM
Jun 21, 12:35 PM
Feb 2024
Been loving this series, but this week is likely one of the show's weakest episodes so far.

The slow growth of TT's prowess taking on challenges one-by-one, personal and musical, is something previous episodes do amazingly. However, a lot just happens in this episode without the build-up and explanation to where it feels very rushed. All of a sudden they've joined the agency after the performance, then Diamond Dust challenges them (with the audiences never seeing that band and their motives. We're just "told" ideas by the other TT members for why) requiring big decisions, Momoka has a short character moment, and all of a sudden they've released a track and it bombed. Too many band challenges happen for me to digest one-by-one and other past ideas (Rupa's backstory, Hina's and Nina's Relationship, The Budokan) have been rather skimmed over.

Bridge episodes are expected to be the "weak" ones as they're necessary (they set up big developments with required process time) but it feels like they're trying to set up a big climatic showdown finale without enough episodes to keep the main show's thesis. Reminds me of my worries with YoruKura's current final arc.

A bit worried, but I hope they can at least end it with a good bang.
Kuso_ARJun 21, 12:38 PM
Jun 21, 12:41 PM
Dec 2022
That ending was a surprise. Just 103 views? I'm on edge right now but I'm looking forward to what's to come. I am hoping for a 2nd season though.
Jun 21, 12:53 PM
Jun 2022
Kuso_AR said:
Been loving this series, but this week is likely one of the show's weakest episodes so far.

The slow growth of TT's prowess taking on challenges one-by-one, personal and musical, is something previous episodes do amazingly. However, a lot just happens in this episode without the build-up and explanation to where it feels very rushed. All of a sudden they've joined the agency after the performance, then Diamond Dust challenges them (with the audiences never seeing that band and their motives. We're just "told" ideas by the other TT members for why) requiring big decisions, Momoka has a short character moment, and all of a sudden they've released a track and it bombed. Too many band challenges happen for me to digest one-by-one and other past ideas (Rupa's backstory, Hina's and Nina's Relationship, The Budokan) have been rather skimmed over.

Bridge episodes are expected to be the "weak" ones as they're necessary (they set up big developments with required process time) but it feels like they're trying to set up a big climatic showdown finale without enough episodes to keep the main show's thesis. Reminds me of my worries with YoruKura's current final arc.

From the episode preview at the end it seems like nina-hina arc may not be finished yet
Jun 21, 1:59 PM
Oct 2020
Every episode is good nice keep up the good work
Jun 21, 2:04 PM
Jan 2024
Not everything could go well for these girls, good episode
Jun 21, 2:18 PM

Aug 2022
There really starting to feel like a proper band now in a more professional environment, But dam that view count at the end was depressing. Nina continues to be such a good mc, I love the dynamic of there band currently. Sucks that there only 1 episode left. Heres praying for a season 2.

I havent pointed this out since like the first episode but it really sucks that not many people will give this show an opportunity because the anime world seems to have a vendetta against CGI even though the animation for this show is great. Especially with each performance.
Jun 21, 3:35 PM

Dec 2019
Since this is the penultimate ep of this show or season of the show, feels like a lot was introduced for something that should be building up to a proper climax. Way too fast.
Jun 21, 3:39 PM
Jan 2024
NAKATA THE GOAT!!!!
another good episode before the last episode airs next week!
Jun 21, 4:22 PM

May 2015
As much as I love this show, I've still yet to figure out the whole "beating the other band" concept.
Jun 21, 4:30 PM
Apr 2021
One episode left!

I increasingly feel like I don't want this series to end. I want season 2!

This series is my top favorite for new anime series in Spring 2024

rahezJun 21, 8:09 PM
Jun 21, 4:51 PM
Nov 2023
Phantom_373 said:
There really starting to feel like a proper band now in a more professional environment, But dam that view count at the end was depressing. Nina continues to be such a good mc, I love the dynamic of there band currently. Sucks that there only 1 episode left. Heres praying for a season 2.

I havent pointed this out since like the first episode but it really sucks that not many people will give this show an opportunity because the anime world seems to have a vendetta against CGI even though the animation for this show is great. Especially with each performance.

I don’t think people aren’t giving this masterpiece a chance on purpose, it’s just ridiculously hard to get to see it outside of Japan due to the lack of licensing. My usual 🏴‍☠️ site only has it in French subs this week and several more only have raw. It’s hard work!
I only hope it comes out subbed on Blu-ray in Europe eventually, but that’s unlikely too…
Jun 21, 4:54 PM

Aug 2022
FutoiOtaku said:
Phantom_373 said:

I don’t think people aren’t giving this masterpiece a chance on purpose, it’s just ridiculously hard to get to see it outside of Japan due to the lack of licensing. My usual 🏴‍☠️ site only has it in French subs this week and several more only have raw. It’s hard work!
I only hope it comes out subbed on Blu-ray in Europe eventually, but that’s unlikely too…

Yeah true I forgot about that whole thing involving it being limited inside Japan and hard to see outside.

I really hope more people manage to check this show out.
Jun 21, 5:00 PM
Nov 2023
@Phantom_313 Same here. It’s too good to just disappear unwatched by so many.
But on the CGI subject, there was a thread 3 or 4 weeks in on the subject that showed a huge amount of support for its use, a lot of us agreed it’s one of the best uses of CGI so far in anime. Of course there were a few negative comments too but this is MAL…
Jun 21, 5:18 PM
Jun 2021
GIRLS BAND PEAK NEVER MISSES
Jun 21, 6:50 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
The repercussions after the festivals are in. They killed it and they now have a contract with a salary... but it seems like that was not enough for Nina who keeps on rampaging about beating DD, an established idol group with a loyal fanbase. I understand you may have your passion bit but what did she expect to happen.

This is all paired with the fact that with the recent popularity the show got I've been reading some comments about how Nina's "forward thinking" and "introverted aura" are relatable but I don't see that at all. All I see is someone that can be too dreamy and keeps pushing forward but can at the same time be blind in her decisions and tries to twist outcomes into something else. She's also not an introvert, that part I don't know where it came from but whatever.

Either way, Nina's bullshit doesn't get on my nerves now as much as it used to since now it's much more toned down. With that said, that final scene with such a low view count really hit her in the face (as expected) so I wanna know where the finale is heading because of that.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 21, 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to FutoiOtaku
Phantom_373 said:

@FutoiOtaku It's available in English now also.

Agree with most others, pretty just okay episode. They just signed a contract, and have only performed live a few times, of course their fanbase is going to be small. They need time to grow. I think this battle will be a good opportunity to do just that, grow the base.
Jun 21, 7:13 PM

Aug 2022
It looks like TogeToge has made a big step towards becoming more famous.

It's really not an easy journey for them to become a professional band. There are always things they face, even so they are firm and believe as we know.

Nina believes that TogeToge can compete with Diamond Dust. And Momoka, she said she was scared but it wasn't just her, everyone was too. So let's see if Togenashi Togeari can do this.

RafaBryanJun 24, 7:14 AM
Jun 21, 7:53 PM
Mar 2018
How long had the song been out when Nina checked the view count? Kinda feels like she's "only 103 views in 1 minute? You fell off"ing herself.

I'm not sure if there's time to wrap up satisfactorily with the big concert in a single episode. I guess we'll find out.

I really wonder why this wasn't picked up by the likes of Crunchyroll for an international release. Given smaller regional streaming services got it, perhaps the licensing cost was too high due to CR's reach for them to see the value in it. 🤔

Whatever the reasoning, it's a shame since it's definitely my favourite of the handful of shows I've been watching this season.
Jun 21, 8:53 PM
Apr 2024
I love how real this show feels. The band had a head start with a seasoned indie musician, but all the numbers are believable (painfully, in this episode, with Nina realizing that just because you give it your all doesn't mean you'll be guaranteed success). They're still small-time musicians trying to make their way in the industry, trying to get noticed. Nina even drops out of school in order to pursue being a full-time musician, and everyone except Subaru is working at this full-time.

It's not like some other anime where they suddenly get 100k views, then 1 million views, easily achieving 100k followers, with two of their members still going to school full-time... God, what a disappointment that anime turned out to be.

Anyway, I'm super curious how the next episode plays out. The best and most realistic outcome IMO is that Nina faces the hard truth that passion is not all you need to succeed, and that most people in this industry are just as passionate as she is. TogeToge loses against Diamond Dust, and there will be some girls in a band that cry, but they end on a hopeful note and continue working toward their goals.

I hope they don't go the route of "song goes viral for random reason, they gain tens of thousands of new fans in 3 weeks and win". At the very least, have it be something that was properly set up, like all the characters they've met so far that have influence helping them to win (Mine, Subaru's grandmother, the sound engineer, the venue owner). I swear, if this goes the Kurage route... it'd be the most disappointing ending to an amazing show in a long time.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 21, 9:23 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Kuso_AR

@Kuso_AR If I remember correctly, they were already in discussions with the agency where they'd be signed if they could pull a significant audience at last episode's festival (which they were able to do), so I don't think this signing comes as much of a surprise.

I might be a little delulu here, but if you consider this episode in the context that a second season is guaranteed, it makes a lot more sense as to why many of the existing band challenges were left unaddressed this episode, and why Diamond Dust remains largely a mystery. Which makes me believe that this episode was made with the intent of a 2nd season being planned, so next episode will likely only scratch the surface of their rivalry. Admittedly this is very optimistic thinking, but taking this perspective made me see this episode in a different light.
Jun 21, 10:36 PM

May 2015
"Just give us the link to your new song girls and I will boost the view of it" was what I thought, because, seriously, the instrumental part of it that they had showed us was very cathcy. It would have been a creative marketing idea if they had put it on on youtube after the airing of the episode and and let us watch it and show "them" how many fans they really have.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 21, 10:39 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Ishitateso
"Just give us the link to your new song girls and I will boost the view of it" was what I thought, because, seriously, the instrumental part of it that they had showed us was very cathcy. It would have been a creative marketing idea if they had put it on on youtube after the airing of the episode and and let us watch it and show "them" how many fans they really have.
@Ishitateso that would be genius!!!
Jun 22, 12:21 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Quadruple_Oi
@Kuso_AR If I remember correctly, they were already in discussions with the agency where they'd be signed if they could pull a significant audience at last episode's festival (which they were able to do), so I don't think this signing comes as much of a surprise.

I might be a little delulu here, but if you consider this episode in the context that a second season is guaranteed, it makes a lot more sense as to why many of the existing band challenges were left unaddressed this episode, and why Diamond Dust remains largely a mystery. Which makes me believe that this episode was made with the intent of a 2nd season being planned, so next episode will likely only scratch the surface of their rivalry. Admittedly this is very optimistic thinking, but taking this perspective made me see this episode in a different light.
@Oioioioi1234 The writer of the show implied in a tweet that, if the merch and all that stuff sells well, it would be possible to have another season. I think the story is written in a way that it allows a second season (there are so many points that will not be addressed in a single last episode) and the band has setted a long term goal, and we barely know Diamond Dust girls and Tomo & Rupa backstories. I want to believe that we will get a second season, but it deppends on the success the show has on making return of the invest they put in.
Praying to the God of rock to get a great finale, more TogeToge music, and a confirmation of more GBC seasons
Jun 22, 12:36 AM

May 2019
It's Saturday and yet another crying time. Today's episode is pretty much a breather and chill episode before the storm after the phenomenal previous episode. Toge-Toge finally go professional by photoshoot, signed a contract with agency, have a proper staff to help them, sound engineering and mixing to make professional music. It's nice to see them hanging out together and going to the shrine. Really need to see someone made a pinkies count and the fangs shown count in this show because damn they are a ton of them lol. I really appreciate Tomo give a seat for a pregnant woman when she's still vibing with the music, what a sweetheart. Nina is a bit too idealistic in her thinking that the band will automatically goes boom and can compete directly with DD just after their last festival and sign contract. She ends up pushing everyone to agree with her. Just remember with great opportunity will sometimes comes great risk if you fail. It's going to hit really hard if she expects too much just because they have given their all for great performance. Nina need to chill, the count number is still very small because it's still early morning, what did you expect? I'm fairly optimistic and hopeful that this is just the introduction of a bigger whole story of their path to great sucess in the musical industry. In that they have already planned for the second season and making this a big franchise because I want to see more of Diamond Dust background and I don't really want to see their story just end by next week. Until then I couldn't imagine what kind of performance they have planned for the Valentine's day that could possibly beat even the previous episode.
VivaceRexJun 22, 12:52 AM

Jun 22, 12:50 AM

May 2015
Reply to nicosb2810
@Oioioioi1234 The writer of the show implied in a tweet that, if the merch and all that stuff sells well, it would be possible to have another season. I think the story is written in a way that it allows a second season (there are so many points that will not be addressed in a single last episode) and the band has setted a long term goal, and we barely know Diamond Dust girls and Tomo & Rupa backstories. I want to believe that we will get a second season, but it deppends on the success the show has on making return of the invest they put in.
Praying to the God of rock to get a great finale, more TogeToge music, and a confirmation of more GBC seasons
@nicosb2810 What I would really love to see adressed in a second season is the alcohol abuse of Rupa and Momoka-san (in Rupa's case I really see that as her way of struggling with her grief and the loss of her family). I know perfectly well it is for laughs because drunk cute girls are usually considered... cute, but I would be a sucker for an anime that could show and deal with this as serious problem in a meaningful way. But since "idols" can't be shown as alcoholists I doubt we will get that covered in a way I imagine it.
IshitatesoJun 22, 2:29 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 22, 1:10 AM
Mar 2019
can tell they’re hurting from the lack of episodes in this one; the pacing felt all over the place. Probably the weakest episode in my opinion. It’s not bad, but it’s definitely not up the standard the previous episodes set.

Also disappointed that it’s another episode without the story addressing what’s going on with Nina and Momoka. I’m operating off the assumption they’re in a relationship. Hoping with the concert being on valentines we might see some development there.

I have high hopes for next episode, i think they’ve set themselves up for an incredible conclusion.
Jun 22, 1:34 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to stevejawbs
I love how real this show feels. The band had a head start with a seasoned indie musician, but all the numbers are believable (painfully, in this episode, with Nina realizing that just because you give it your all doesn't mean you'll be guaranteed success). They're still small-time musicians trying to make their way in the industry, trying to get noticed. Nina even drops out of school in order to pursue being a full-time musician, and everyone except Subaru is working at this full-time.

It's not like some other anime where they suddenly get 100k views, then 1 million views, easily achieving 100k followers, with two of their members still going to school full-time... God, what a disappointment that anime turned out to be.

Anyway, I'm super curious how the next episode plays out. The best and most realistic outcome IMO is that Nina faces the hard truth that passion is not all you need to succeed, and that most people in this industry are just as passionate as she is. TogeToge loses against Diamond Dust, and there will be some girls in a band that cry, but they end on a hopeful note and continue working toward their goals.

I hope they don't go the route of "song goes viral for random reason, they gain tens of thousands of new fans in 3 weeks and win". At the very least, have it be something that was properly set up, like all the characters they've met so far that have influence helping them to win (Mine, Subaru's grandmother, the sound engineer, the venue owner). I swear, if this goes the Kurage route... it'd be the most disappointing ending to an amazing show in a long time.
@stevejawbs I agree with your opinion. According to how everything has transpired in this program, the most realistic ending is for togetoge to lose and that would not be bad, it would be a blow of reality for the band and it would lay the foundations so that they could do it in the future (perhaps a second season?) but yes This ends with Togetoge winning due to the power of the script, honestly in my case I would have to lower the grade for this anime because watching this penultimate chapter there is no basis for it. In this chapter the most realistic ones are Rupa, Tomo and Subaru who have no personal involvement with the Diamond Dust unlike Momoka and especially Nina who are obsessed with them, (by the way about some Diamond Dust that in this program they have not been given not even a minimum role). The future will tell, but a second season would be ideal to resolve all this more adequately.
Jun 22, 2:08 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to Ishitateso
@nicosb2810 What I would really love to see adressed in a second season is the alcohol abuse of Rupa and Momoka-san (in Rupa's case I really see that as her way of struggling with her grief and the loss of her family). I know perfectly well it is for laughs because drunk cute girls are usually considered... cute, but I would be a sucker for an anime that could show and deal with this as serious problem in a meaningful way. But since "idols" can't be shown as alcoholists I doubt we will get that covered in a way I imagine it.
@Ishitateso downside of this being both a slightly edgy drama and a cute idol show, Rupa and Momoka using alcohol to drown their pain would seem to be a storyline they are setting up in the deliberate, indirect way all the other drama happens, but the show has also gotten kind of cuter and softer as it has gone along so it seems unlikely.
Jun 22, 2:35 AM

May 2023
the hope of becoming famous is before their eyes.

finally they can feel like being pros in the band, Momoka looks more tired than usual and Nina with hopes of becoming more famous and being able to beat DiaDust.

At the end Nina hoped that their song could reach tens of thousands of views but that hope was not achieved, hoping that the last episode would give a stunning ending.
Jun 22, 3:11 AM

Jun 2015
103 views sucks, wonder how many hours ago was it.

Jun 22, 3:31 AM

Nov 2013
Another great episode. So it seems the last part will be a showdown between our girls and the Diamond Dust.
Jun 22, 3:47 AM

Sep 2022
This episode felt a bit rushed but otherwise I enjoyed it. It was unreasonable to expect another banger performance so a bit of drama was reasonable.
I agree with some comments above that failure of this song would be more believable and would create good premise for breakthrough in season 2. However I still expect some big performance in the finale so not sure if it is possible.
Jun 22, 6:06 AM
Mar 2024
What's with this whole beating around the bush with Nina and Momoka? Is it not going anywhere?
Jun 22, 7:17 AM

Jun 2024
103 views on day 1 or that's been a week or so?
Jun 22, 8:11 AM

Jun 2016
season 2 badly needed !!!

this truly hidden gemstone girl band !!
Jun 22, 11:35 AM

Jul 2023
wow!!!! only 103 view- it hurts but also funny atst

Jun 22, 1:11 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to Ishitateso
@Ishitateso The main problem with this is that their level of drinking is normal in Japan. It doesn't matter if you drink every night and pass out on the streets - as long as you're still a functioning member of society, you're all good.

Unless you mean a story continuation where they actually do become alcoholics, and it affects the performance of the band. That would be cool. I don't think they're considered "idols", so I think they could pull it off. Hell, two of the main characters are high school dropouts, I think tackling alcoholism is fair game.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 22, 3:27 PM

May 2015
Reply to stevejawbs
@Ishitateso The main problem with this is that their level of drinking is normal in Japan. It doesn't matter if you drink every night and pass out on the streets - as long as you're still a functioning member of society, you're all good.

Unless you mean a story continuation where they actually do become alcoholics, and it affects the performance of the band. That would be cool. I don't think they're considered "idols", so I think they could pull it off. Hell, two of the main characters are high school dropouts, I think tackling alcoholism is fair game.
@stevejawbs If you think about it in Rupa's case there were already signs of that it could effect her work. I mean in the previous episode before their gig it was used as a comedic tool multiple times that she wanted to drink and one or sometimes all the other girls had to tell her not to do it before their performance. Momoka-san is more professional in this sense, she drinks only after work, be she does it regularly, we have already seen her passed-out at least two times, she orders alcohol almost every time they eat and one time we saw her arriving home with a six pack that she ment to drink alone. She is definitely well on the way to have a serious problem with it in the future, the anime just had to change its perspective on it to make us see it as not comedy but a source of serious drama.
IshitatesoJun 22, 3:36 PM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 23, 2:01 AM

Jun 2020
I think the story pace is too fast in this episode. If they want to show their story after get officially scouted, I think should add more episodes for this anime.
Anyway, I never thought about this but these girls got into an agency real fast, huh? They made it sound easy lol.

Yeah, as always our idealist girl Nina. I hope she get more rational after went through all of that but maybe nothing changes much for her.
Jun 23, 1:37 PM

Jan 2021
Big Beck vibes for the upcoming competition. Really a make or break moment for the cry band girls
負けたくない

Jun 23, 1:43 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to CottonModem
How long had the song been out when Nina checked the view count? Kinda feels like she's "only 103 views in 1 minute? You fell off"ing herself.

I'm not sure if there's time to wrap up satisfactorily with the big concert in a single episode. I guess we'll find out.

I really wonder why this wasn't picked up by the likes of Crunchyroll for an international release. Given smaller regional streaming services got it, perhaps the licensing cost was too high due to CR's reach for them to see the value in it. 🤔

Whatever the reasoning, it's a shame since it's definitely my favourite of the handful of shows I've been watching this season.
@CottonModem
CottonModem said:

Given that this took place at 6 in the morning, on what's presumably the day this song was scheduled for release, you're probably correct.
Jun 25, 6:46 AM

Jul 2017
After what seems to be the show's best episode thus far, the band gets signed with Miura's agency, and the 5 girls have a contract and a salary to back themselves up. It's certainly a better standard of living for the girls as they can finally get their songs recorded and earn profits for everyone involved.

But a Valentine's Day battle between Togenashi Togeari and Diamond Dust for a spot in a TV drama series, it's clearly rigged by audience numbers alone. and they are not willing to risk their reputation for pitting against an already popular band, despite it being great publicity for the girls. And the songs that they're attempting to create, despite the lingering questions that they retain in their hearts, Nina still takes the opportunity, even if they know that they'll lose the challenge, because the God of Rock is on their side.

A song about Togenashi Togeari themselves, Nina and the girls really want it to succeed as their first springboard point...but the MV getting 103 views (from the morning), how will it scale in the long run?

Yelp, this episode did some whiplash by setting the expectation of aiming too high, like Icarus dangerously reaching the Sun. It's not a bad episode, but being the penultimate episode, it felt out of place. How will all of this end in the finale?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.