Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2010 8:10 PM
Feb 2010
As expected of L'Arc en Ciel, the OP song was great.

This is my first Gundam series, and it already seems good because it reminds me of Code Geass (Celestial Being = Black Knights, terrorism, changing the world).

The thing that really surprised me is the abundance of bishies. Setsuna looks so pretty, and that purple hair dude... I thought he was a girl.

Jun 29, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
-------------------------- -- --

hmmm.. i guess gundam seed destiny is better>
Jun 29, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2010
------------------------------- -- --

but this anime is good to!!
Jun 29, 2010 5:22 PM

May 2010
I just watched the first episode for the first time and I really liked it.
Personally I find it better than the first episode of SEED & SEED Destiny and the story too, more interesting like Wing.
Aug 2, 2010 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
I just popped my Gundam cherry. I really liked this, very similar to Code Geass. I wonder how much its going to be like it.
Aug 4, 2010 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
Epic episode is epic . And this show is awesome .

P.S . . Rewatchin :)
Aug 19, 2010 1:32 AM

Aug 2009
a different kind of GUNDAM series.

and ii love the opening theme!

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jan 1, 2011 7:36 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome animation.
Mar 12, 2011 2:30 PM
Nov 2010
Ok... so it's like Code Geass without supernatural stuff but they got imba Gundam like usual instead and the animation quality isn't as good.

I wonder why some people live in outer space.
Apr 17, 2011 10:38 PM

Sep 2009
Excellent start.

I like the little throwbacks to the older series in lots of different ways.
Damn haro. ♥
Aug 9, 2011 5:13 AM
May 2011
"But Sir, I-I only have a one hundred and twenty hours of Space Training!"
-"Well then just crash into them, you'll get a two-rank promotion."

Poor Ryu, having your heroic sacrifice mocked in an alternate Universe.
Dec 9, 2011 1:04 PM
Nov 2011
rewatching this series, and its still as much fun to watch as it was when SciFi (before they changed their name and showed wrestling, lol), had AniMonday. The quality is better than the broadcast too which is good.

I just love this show!
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 22, 2012 6:58 AM

Jan 2012
Its a great start and its solid . Gonna give this series a shot !

Note: There is a haro in there >.>
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 28, 2012 1:06 PM
Mar 2012
Was great right up untill them calling the gundam pilots "gundam-meisters." That is a really stupid immature name. Other than that the show was great and the anamation was amazing.
Apr 14, 2013 5:22 AM

Mar 2013
DerDingens said:
"But Sir, I-I only have a one hundred and twenty hours of Space Training!"
-"Well then just crash into them, you'll get a two-rank promotion."

Poor Ryu, having your heroic sacrifice mocked in an alternate Universe.
I laughed too hard at that part and I'm still looking for a reason as to why. :x

Enjoyed this episode. "We just called out the whole world."

Shit's about to go down.
Apr 15, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
From this first ep, the plot looks interesting, especially the part where Celestial Being is going to use force to "eradicate" all sorts of warfare. Wonder if this organisation has any hidden agenda..
Jun 17, 2013 8:35 PM
Dec 2010
opening thoughts:
I generally don't like sci-fis which contain resource wars, so I may be disappointed.
I like the ship designs and mech designs in this one then most mecha anime.
I like how in space they were actually using zero-gravity properly, which is rarely seen in sci-fi shows.
Jan 24, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2012
That was quite an eventful episode, the premise behind Celestial Being is interesting and it's just plain awesome to see some Gundam action again. I remember trying this out back in like 2008, can't believe I was actually bored with this first episode! Miyano Mamoru as the Exia pilot is a huge win too.
Apr 7, 2014 12:22 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A lot of content packed in 25 minutes there. Not bad for a first episode. I like the more down to earth technology (it feels more relatable in a way) and the pretty character designs.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 18, 2014 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
Without other good action anime to watch right now... I had the urge to re-watch this...

Intro episode. So many characters were introduced that I think it made the action suffer a bit. Still, it was really good.
Jul 30, 2014 1:13 PM

Oct 2013
This is the first time I've watched anything Gundam since Gundam Wing on Toonami back in the day. This might be the ONLY time watching anything Gundam since Gundam Wing on Toonami back in the day!

The plot was kind of hard to follow, but otherwise this was a pretty solid episode with an interesting enough premise I expect excellence. Now on to see if it delivers!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 7, 2015 11:51 PM

Sep 2014
I thought the purple-hair guy was a chick, until he spoke.
Apr 7, 2015 11:53 PM

Mar 2013
SaveTheAralSea said:
I thought the purple-hair guy was a chick, until he spoke.

we all did.
Apr 30, 2015 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty good first episode, and even as someone who's never seen a Gundam entry before it's very obvious that Code Geass took heavy inspiration from this franchise.
Jan 14, 2016 3:02 AM

Jul 2008
Well now, definitely got Gundam Wing vibes from this one.

Took me too long to get this one started.
Jul 29, 2017 6:04 PM
May 2012
Finally started watching this one. I stopped watching anything new from Gundam in 2006. Finally getting back into Gundam after starting over from the beginning.

The first episode seems interesting, not sure what to make of it yet though.
May 26, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2017
Boring episode but has potential. I'll give it a chance. The part liked the most was the OST, it was surprisingly good,
きみに逢えてよかった
Aug 12, 2018 5:26 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Decided to start watching this on a whim because of my sudden feeling of withdrawal from G-Tekketsu. Remembered that 00 has been on my high-priority list since 4-5 years ago. So far so good. The beginning was a bit confusing, but I feel like that's normal for a Gundam series...at least from the other 3 Gundam series I've seen. At least they revealed the main plot before the episode ended! Which is really interesting, since as two of the characters commented, the existence of Celestial Being and their goal is a contradiction.

My main impression so far is that the character designs are beautiful. I've never been that into Gundam designs, so no comment there. I do like the zero gravity shown in this series, that lobby room(?) is something I've never seen before. Atm though, I'm not super interested in any characters yet, maybe a bit curious about Setsuna since we see his past at the very beginning, and also Hallelujah(?) or the guy who keeps "talking" to Hallelujah. I heard a lot of people saying that 00 is like a modern version of Wing, and so far, I can see that with the characters (none really popping out), and the secret organization thing. Idk if that's what people mean about similarity though, I suspect it's things that happen later on. I sure hope it's better than Wing, I didn't enjoy that series despite choosing to watch it due to the praises I heard about it.

Anyways, I was surprised to hear Hyde. I thought, wait, do I hear Hyde? Love the OP :)

Also, why is there a Haro here...noooooooooooo
Oct 29, 2018 1:11 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The idea is clear, stop the war, but what is the goal of this "organization"? Well, I suppose I will know soon!!!! kekekeke
Dec 29, 2018 1:15 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This episode marks the beginnihg of Graham’s obsession with gundam.

Setsuna: God doesn’t exist
Gundam: *Makes a fabulous appearance in the sky*
May 24, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Time to restart my adventure with Gundam series! At last, I must say, but I regret I haven't checked it out earlier (better later than never, hah). After the first episode of Gundam 00 I must say I really enjoyed everything about it. Art, animation, plot, general concept and audio were really good.

I heard it's a good idea to start watching Gundam from 00, and I will definitely continue watching this series.
Sep 11, 2020 4:35 PM

Feb 2020
Watched this because I want to see if I'm actually into mecha and maybe get into Gundam along the way. I actually was interested right away although I would be lying if I didn't say I got a little confused so I had to go read the episode synopsis just to confirm I understood what was happening.

Nice ops and ending, I think they'll probably grow on me. Regardless of me being slightly confused, I actually think this is a cool start to the series. I hope it only gets better from here.

Great animation and art, also, uh, wow. Pretty men...

Looking foward to episode 2.
May 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Mar 2016
A pretty bad first episode. Every main(?) character has about the same affect, and it's annoying. Dumb premise too. First dropped Gundam series? Maybe.
syncrogazerMay 18, 2021 9:52 AM
Dec 27, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2020
My first Gundam series.

Not really a good introduction. A lot of terminologies, characters, and things happening. Not yet hooked. I have a feeling that I will drop this series.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Oct 2, 2022 8:33 AM
May 2015
it was soooooooooo rad dude
Mar 14, 2023 11:23 PM
Jan 2021
GUNDAM GUNDAM GUNDAM I FUCKING LOVEEEEEE GUNDAM.
Jun 21, 2023 6:18 AM

Dec 2018
this was legitimately awful. maybe if there was a decent premise or characters or whatever but we got a lot of stuff happening with little to no actual context and force-fed exposition like a high schooler wrote it. not going to write it off yet, but i'm not at all impressed.
Jan 3, 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
An ok first episode, a lot happened, i like the designs for now but i find everything a bit confusing, but i guess it's normal for Gundam shows.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Jan 24, 2:46 PM
Jul 2022
This is the definition of wanting ALL the smokez
Feb 22, 3:13 AM
Dec 2019
Kinda surprised the last few posts here are just people shitting on it. I guess there are people out there that don't know the first 2-3 episodes of any given Gundam series don't specifically make any sense because they introduce all the acronyms before actually explaining much about them.

I thought it was pretty decent as an opener. You've got a basic understanding of how the warring parties are set up, all the Gundams are revealed, and they've shown a bunch of the named characters that will be doing stuff. For a 17 year-old series all the animation seems to hold up pretty well too.
Oct 20, 2:10 PM
Mar 2022
re-watching...

Still cool 2 years later for me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kurotsuki - Jan 19, 2008

89 by symiel »»
Aug 7, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.