Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 14, 2015 11:25 PM
Dec 2012
> Why Ginko and Lulu appeared in the court scene when Rabbit-teeth attacked her?

Ginko and Lulu appeared in the first episode too and they didn't attack her then either.
"Attacking" and "Eating" is different.

Ginko and Lulu in bear form: http://i.imgur.com/vMIuGTE.png.
The bear duo from first episode: http://i.imgur.com/Ht5Umkh.png

These two are most probably not Rabbit-teeth or Class prez either.

Rabit-teeth bear form: http://i.imgur.com/qbyNfF6.png
Class Prez in bear form: http://i.imgur.com/OnTPNBM.png

So that means there are two other bears in the school who ate Sumika.
Jan 15, 2015 12:36 AM

Oct 2013
I get so lost for the past 2 episodes when Kureha went to the roof, she falls and the kuma magic thingy happen with both Ginko and Lulu. lol

My fav char is Ginko only because Arakawa Miho voiced her. Somehow i'm curious just how bizzare this show will get.

6/10 rating for now
Hinasaki_KJan 15, 2015 1:18 AM
Jan 15, 2015 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
This is by far the most interesting show this season along with Death Parade. I'm interested in more.
Jan 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Mar 2011
everyone's a bear so suddenly. interesting.
Jan 15, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
@Mayukachan: . Thank you for pointing out "Death Parade". . Kind of ... depressing.
Jan 15, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2014
Gersoncs said:
Really...if you will try to see this plot literally, you can as well drop it now. It's clear that the plot is here to serve the metaphors, and not the contrary. So yeah, things won't make sense because they actually mean something else.

Anyway, I don't know if Kureha can be considered an open lesbian. She still called Sumika her friend and had a pretty class S relationship with her. It's clear that they were lesbian, though, but they still were in the closet. Kureha is confused, and that's what makes her a target to the hungry lesbians: a pure and confuse girl who's just realizing her sexuality.

The invisibles girls are probably straight, they're playing at love since they study on a all girls school and have no contact with men. That's why Kureha's love was the true thing, because the love of the other girls weren't. And that's why the bears dislike them, because they don't even like girls.

And the invisible storm would be the social pressure to be straight, since Japan's society doesn't really accept adult lesbians.

That's what I think for now, at least.

then that makes Sumika love for Kuregha no't the real thing ??? cuz that's what you said :"3 if it's true then it doesn't botter me that Sumika is dead , oh and all so applaud Kureha Faitfulness and love :3 since she didn't forgot here love.....even if Sumika might just "play the Girls Love" like some might say because they are in an All Girls School and they will change to boys after it "pass" LOL the anime start's to make sense :3

P.S:Sorry for my bad english :3
Jan 15, 2015 3:56 PM
Jan 2008
Paradox-K said:
Is it possible that the two bears that ate Sumika WEREN'T Ginko and Lulu? I might be remembering wrong, but they weren't really clearly shown in that scene, right?

This is what I'm beginning to suspect too. I think the bears, although not very clearly shown, are Ginko and Lulu in that scene. However, it would make no sense since Mitsuko said she was the one who ate Sumika (and I'm not sure if she would share that meal with anyone). But another thing that happened in that scene was that she realised Ginko and Lulu were also bears (which she didn't know before, as she seemed surprised). It still leaves unanswered questions, I guess we'll find out more later.

archrook said:
Ginko and Lulu appeared in the first episode too and they didn't attack her then either.
"Attacking" and "Eating" is different.

Ginko and Lulu in bear form: http://i.imgur.com/vMIuGTE.png.
The bear duo from first episode: http://i.imgur.com/Ht5Umkh.png

These two are most probably not Rabbit-teeth or Class prez either.

I'm not convinced, I think the bears that Kureha sees in the first episode are Konomi and Mitsuko, and I also think their appearance in that scene was left ambiguous for a reason. Their colours basically match those of Lulu and Ginko, so it's easy to assume that it was them since we didn't know any other bears at that point, but it makes more sense that it's actually Mitsuko and Konomi. Otherwise the reveal at the end of episode 2 wouldn't have as much impact.

Remember, Ikuni has done the same thing before with Utena where the characters (and maybe the viewers as well) were mislead by their perceptions of someone.
Jan 15, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2010
hmm not bad. I think I get it.

So there are two fractions the bears and the non-bears. the bears are the girls who are openly lesbian, while the non bears are a combination of closet-lesbians and straight girls.

as we saw this episode anyone can become a bear (buck tooth) passed the friend zone and entered the intimate zone due to her obsession with the MC thus turning her into a bear.

The MC (the blond) is confused cuz she hated bears for taking away her bff and out of fear of the silent storm [aka getting found out you're a bear (lesbian)] but deep down she knows she's really a bear.

Lol or I could be wrong and wasted 2mins typing this out.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 16, 2015 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
Everything in this episode is making NO sense!

Jan 16, 2015 5:11 PM
Oct 2012
maarika said:
Paradox-K said:
Is it possible that the two bears that ate Sumika WEREN'T Ginko and Lulu? I might be remembering wrong, but they weren't really clearly shown in that scene, right?

This is what I'm beginning to suspect too. I think the bears, although not very clearly shown, are Ginko and Lulu in that scene. However, it would make no sense since Mitsuko said she was the one who ate Sumika (and I'm not sure if she would share that meal with anyone).

I think someone earlier gave the most likely answer that what the bears do can be different, however another answer is that they never said that the girl behind the flower bed was Sumika. And they did say that another girl was missing.

So a bit of misdirection perhaps, we are supposed to have assumed that Ginko and Lulu ate Sumika, but it was the other girl.
Jan 16, 2015 9:24 PM

Mar 2011
Such a dericious spell...
Lmao I'm loving this so far.
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Jan 17, 2015 12:36 AM

Jul 2014
Wtf am I watching.
Jan 17, 2015 1:26 AM

Jul 2011
I am glad I am not the only one left just thinking, "Shock! Kuma Shock!" after this ep.
Jan 17, 2015 1:46 AM
Jul 2009
Paradox-K said:
Uuchie said:

But weren't they shown eating Sumika by the flower bed?

Gonna throw this idea out there because it's bugging me.

Is it possible that the two bears that ate Sumika WEREN'T Ginko and Lulu? I might be remembering wrong, but they weren't really clearly shown in that scene, right? Not only that, but in this episode, we're shown that there are other bears lurking about, and one of them happens to be Mitsuko. Mitsuko also appears in the opening (though her face isn't shown) pouring honey onto Kureha along with another person who can only be their teacher. Perhaps the teacher is a bear too, and she and Mitsuko were responsible for eating Sumika (Mitsuko even admits to doing it at the end of this episode). So, Xerain's idea seems entirely plausible to me.

This episode has more or less convinced me to hold onto this show. I'm WAY too curious about where it's going to go. I'm also too addicted to the OP to stop watching, I think.

I've watched the episodes a couple times, and it definitely seems as if Mitsuko cut the Lillies so she would have an excuse to approach Kureha and Sumika, then offer to help them replant the lilies. This of course was just a pretext for luring Sumika so she could eat her to get to Kureha, her real objective.

It also seems to me Lulu and Ginko are "visible bears" while Mitsuko is an "invisible bear." It's interesting to note that Ginko and Lulu are drawn in a slightly different style form all the other characters, with more saturated colors and streaks in their hair. They really stand out. (Kureha's pallet and design are quite the opposite.)

What I'm really trying to figure out is the student being eaten at the beginning of episode 2. Mitsuko clearly says it's the transfer students, so there's not reason to believe it's not Ginko and Lulu eating. However if Mitsuko herself is a bear, why is she so shocked, and why does she later admit to seeing something she shouldn't have?
Jan 17, 2015 2:23 AM

Oct 2013
I think this show might be too deep for me.
Jan 17, 2015 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
Another interesting episode. It nailed down some of the ideas and imagery better, which is nice because overall it feels less up in the air. But, it also made other things uncertain that weren't uncertain before, so in that regard it's a bit of a mixed bag, although to me it definitely feels a bit more nailed down. One thing it did that seems to support my thoughts about this show having some nuanced ideas/messages about society and social pressure and ostracization is that it made the "states" of "lily" and "bear" more fluid. Lilies can become bears, and maybe bears can become lilies.

Reading various blog posts by others, I found out that there is quite a bit of imagery taken almost literally from some horror movies. The hexagons on the Severance Barrier are directly ripped from a floor pattern in "The Shining" (though I don't know which version), Kureha's house is very reminiscent of the house in Hitchcock's "Psycho", and the design of the school is very heavily influenced by "Suspiria". This, coupled with some other scenes, seems to give the whole thing a slight horror vibe, though I have no idea at this point what the intent behind that could be.
You can also find me at:
Wordpress
Tumblr
Jan 17, 2015 9:22 PM

Dec 2010
I still have no clue what I am watching and I'm feeling all the bear shock but I'm in love with this show.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 18, 2015 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
Holybum said:
shock! KUMA SHOCK!! XD

actually I wanna set that as my personalized ringtone/message tone!
how can I do that?

Jan 18, 2015 8:57 AM

Jan 2011
haha shock gao gao, so far this is the most fun and enjoyable series together with Rolling Girls

looks like all girls with name that consist the word "yuri" are bears in human form
Jan 18, 2015 7:21 PM

Oct 2012
This was tweeted yesterday: Here is another song by the person who sang
the OP, "Bonjour Suzuki" (ボンジュール鈴木). This is her debut work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4GwurrOQQ4
Here is the tweet:
https://twitter.com/yurikuma_anime/status/556665191857790977
Apparently, there are some rumors floating around the internet which say
that Bonjour Suzuki is actually male. By the way, she(he?) writes the
melody and lyrics and also arranges, in addition to doing the singing.

Tweeted two hours ago: The first part of the novelization of Yurikuma
(ユリ熊嵐 上) just went on sale today in Japan. This is a book, not a
manga. You can see the cover here:
http://www.gentosha-comics.net/book/label/cat7/cat21/603699.html
Here is the tweet that announced it:
https://twitter.com/yurikuma_anime/status/556975639706619904

As well, Volume 1 of the manga version has been on sale since November.
Here is the cover:
http://www.gentosha-comics.net/book/label/cat5/birzc/bc/603622.html
You can view the first 20 pages of the manga here.
Just mouse-over while left-clicking on the left edge of the manga page.
http://binb-store.com/binbReader.html?cid=22855

According to the official website, here is a little bit of information about
what we will see in Episode 3 tomorrow:
okanaganJan 18, 2015 8:33 PM
Jan 19, 2015 1:26 AM

Aug 2011
Loved the episode, and I'm even more addicted to the OP and ED than I already was. Full versions wheeeeen.

Ginko and her "gao gao"s are too cute. I could listen to it all day. She's definitely my favorite, and Lulu is pretty awesome too!

So all the yuri bears are coming after Kureha because she was experiencing true love with Sumika? If so, maybe they devoured Sumika because she was in love with Kureha? And that's why Mitsuko refers to her as being "delicious"?

I too just noticed everybody with the word Yuri in their name is a bear... Yuri Bears!

New episode tomorrow, and I can't wait!

Jan 19, 2015 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
To anyone who is confused about why the bears are all after Kureha, I think that is because she lost a dear friend of hers in the past already and with Sumika dead(?)/gone Kureha is even more sorrowful and probably the most sorrowful girl of them all. She carries a shotgun and possesses a great hatred toward the bears. Ginko said that sorrowful girls' tears are the most delicious. Maybe it is like the bears or only Ginko and Lulu are fattening Kureha, with their minds on "eating" her in the future.
Jan 19, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 2012
The official website provides a little bit of background information about each of
the twelve main characters.
http://yurikuma.jp/chara.html
You can just click on one of the twelve names at the bottom in order to see the
character design along with a short paragraph. This is not "spoiler" information
since it was already present on the official website before the series started to
air. Every fan is supposed to read it before watching the series, I guess.

To understand Kureha's psychology and motivation a bit better, it might help to
know that . . . (Warning, MAJOR spoiler!)
okanaganJan 19, 2015 3:54 AM
Jan 19, 2015 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
Yuri approved! Shaba da doo.
Jan 19, 2015 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
DELICIOUS SMELL!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 20, 2015 1:44 AM

Jun 2008
ARE WE ALL BEING TROLLED!??!

Why does NOTHING make sense?

Seriously, make it stop!
Jan 21, 2015 9:01 PM

Jul 2011
I find this anime weird, and not really my thing, yet I like to watch it xD Its so interesting, and I like the bears. This episode was confusing because everyone is like secretly a bear.
Jan 22, 2015 4:16 AM

May 2014
My reaction to the occurrences of this episode, and probably for the rest of the show.

PeterRois91Jan 22, 2015 4:19 AM
Jan 24, 2015 1:53 AM
Mar 2012
Holy bear just headshot another bear. Second court trial, still makes no sense why it's held, then the kuma pair transforms.
Why is kuma 'Ursa'? Why was class prez so shocked of kuma feeding when she's a kuma herself?
kuma shock!
Jan 27, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
I really like the sexy OP! lol
Really, I still don't know where it is going, but I ship Kureha x Lulu!!!
Jan 29, 2015 2:47 PM

Feb 2010
lablackmamba said:
My reaction to the occurrences of this episode, and probably for the rest of the show.

this.
Feb 4, 2015 5:27 AM

Jun 2008
Ok, so is every girl a bear now? Or are they maybe turning into bears? I mean that council president girl seemed surprised when she saw the bears etc and afterwords she reveals being a bear? Seems strange. Maybe they turn to bears. Hmm..is it a desire thing. When you want to yuri with a girl you turn into bear? So bear is the symbolism of giving into desire?
I'm just trying to make some sense of it.

[quote=abystoma2]This must be Neong Genesis Evangelion with yuri instead of robots, because I have no idea what the fuck is going on.[/quote

Lol.
MonadFeb 4, 2015 5:33 AM
May 14, 2015 1:07 PM

Oct 2014
This is so fucking erotic. in A good way ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2015 12:29 AM

Jan 2015
TsundereHeart said:

Also, did the two transfer students actually eat Sumika? That one random bear at the end suggests that it was someone else? Was that the pres?

The ones who ate Sumika are

And the bear at the end was
XenocrisiDec 30, 2015 11:09 AM
Dec 30, 2015 6:15 AM

Apr 2014
This is just like Utena! The invisible Storm leaves messages for Kureha just like The End of The World did with the council. Also, Kureha walking up the stairs, her "duels" with the bears... The only difference for me now is that Utena was much less complicated... I really hope some things will get explained, because the anime is very enjoyable:)
Mar 14, 2016 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
TsundereHeart said:
Lol this kinda confuses me.

Like if the bears represent lesbians and humans represent straight people, then why does Kureha hate the bears if she's like lesbian for Sumika? Is it just cause she's actually lesbian, but hates bears because that's the societal norms?

this is interesting to think about because that could be the reason why the court sessions happen in her head. like she herself is battling with the idea of being in love with a girl and having desire for her x purity and morals.

that actually gets me thinking about why everyone is hungry about kureha. does that mean the gaydar of the bears go off when she's around and they want her because they know she could be one of them? is she not a bear yet because she refuses to let go of her purity and morals, even if she's clearly a lesbian too?

idk, this show is a bit of a rollercoaster to me. when i feel i understand something, some thing happens and i realize i might be wrong and what the fuck am i watching. and i believe that's the mais appeal of the series, since none of the characters are special or easy to relate yet and well, there's no explicit plot to talk about yet.
i like my anime weird, but this might be a little too weird even for me.
Dec 13, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2016
I feel like I'm watching Utena all over again. Just, way weirder.

The shoujo ai in this isn't that good either.
But this anime is weird enough to keep me interested.
Jun 13, 2019 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
As amazing as the previous episode. Once again really sad to see this thread doesn't understand the show's very clear critique of how Japanese society views lesbianism. By Ikuhara standards this show makes perfect sense.
Aug 16, 2019 8:28 AM

Aug 2017
Looks like every girl with "Yuri" in her name is
1) A pervert
2) A bear
Makes sense since the bears are shown to be perverted compared to pure and innocent lilies (a.k.a normal humans like Kureha)
Sep 11, 2020 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
"Gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao gao"....... seriously, shut the fuck up already! Every fucking sentence, I swear. I can't take any more of this shit.
AtavisticSep 11, 2020 7:01 AM
Dec 8, 2020 11:09 PM
Apr 2016
Their growling is so cute BUT I CAN'T FIND IT CUTE SINCE THOSE GIRLS ARE NOT RESPECTABLE CITIZENS OF SOCIETY
Jul 16, 2021 6:27 AM

Feb 2020
Another weird and crazy episode with metaphors and random stuff.

"Kuma Shock!" OMG.

Gao gao gao gao! Lol. xD
Feb 6, 2023 6:00 PM

Mar 2018
o anime mais loko que ja vi, parece q todo mundo fumou crack
Mar 28, 2023 3:33 AM
Mar 2023
is EVERYONE a bear besides Kureha????
Sep 16, 2023 8:57 PM
Sep 2023
Alrightt, savage episode, lots of revelations and yuri, loved it (i know its kinda late for me to be watching it in 2023 but its okay)
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

161 by zoluer »»
Aug 9, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2015

107 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2015

140 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

417 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 16, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Yuri Kuma Arashi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2015

167 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.