Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2021 5:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
animejas said:
Playcool said:

I do understand that they wanted to go for something more somber, but I m of the opinion the manga scene was far more loveable, you can feel the love from both sides, and it is just a warm moment... the studios here wanted to go with something colder to illustrate the result of everything that has happen to this point, but also to avoid dealing with censoring stuff here and there, and trying not to risk it.
Noneless, when I was reading the LN, I felt happier, and when I read the manga version (which I actually spoiled myself with first, before reading LN vol6), that just had the perfect amount of everything, it was perfection considering both characters.
The manga version will regain as the best for me, but I can respect and did felt for what they did here, it played well with the mood of the whole episode.

I can respect your take on this. For me personally I felt like given the gravity of everything that happened, it's just a bit difficult to be all lovey-dovey with the mood since while it's the most heartwarming and satisfying theme to read, it also doesn't mesh well with the fact that she just learned about her family being dead on top of Ruijerd being gone now, and she was still shaken up by the events of the previous episode with Rudeus' near-death via Orsted's hands. And it also felt like she had some resolve to do this while knowing that she's going to depart anyway to fulfill the promise early. For all those intense and melancholic feelings, having the scene go down in an awkward way feels and the way the memories/flashbacks were integrated into the scene felt more fitting and artistic with the whole story direction, which I prefer over having a weird tone-shift to to cutesy romantic mood.

Again, I understand and rate why some people prefer the other way but this felt more consistent with me to the story whereas the manga in general has been pretty inconsistent with handling the tone of certain scenes with some scenes being overdone like the Paul-Rudeus reunion and some of the stuff in the Shirone arc too. In a way, that's my preference too.

And that is why I said this kinda of direction made more sense considering the mood they were going for this whole episode, whereas with the manga, you could argue the purpose was really to lighten stuff up and then deliver a punch.
In a way, I do feel you would have more people bitching because it would constrat more with the rest of the episode, and then again, they also wanted to make it feel less sexy, the manga there had no problems of teasing just a bit.
You also have to consider the LN itself, it was definitely most sensual there, Eris was blushing HARD on that illustration where she pushes down on him and whispers the devil words on this ears. xD

In the end I just wanted to see Eris blushing a bit more, both the LN and manga for a scene that shows more the innocence of love, they clearly did not care as much here and went to something leaning more towards Game of Thrones, like the episode title said, there are dreams, and then there is reality.
I don't mind at all that we have 3 sources for this scene, tackling it a bit differently, which is why I keep saying, people that read the LN, the manga and watch the anime, get the most out of it in the end.
Dec 12, 2021 5:37 PM

Jul 2019
borderliner said:
LordSozin said:
This season was full of surface level writing...

Care to provide an example or two (should be easy for you)

Sure, there's a moment in which Paul outright lashed his anger on Rudues. Blaming him for not being trying to find his mother and family, yet himself was surrounded with incompetent people and Paul is himself isn't any better than Rudeus.

The theme of growth and change for the better was never present in the second part as a whole.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Dec 12, 2021 5:37 PM

Aug 2007
Well I was not expecting a single thing that happened in that episode...
Dec 12, 2021 5:56 PM
Oct 2021
My thought on Latest Episode

-I read the light novel(quite some time ago) so i know what going to happen, but i really surprised at how good the studio handle 'that scene'. With little image of the actual scene and lot of imagery, symbolism, the studio really handle this episode really carefully, and beautifully. I have lot, i mean a LOT of horrible things, people said about Rudy character because of what happen in this episode. He learns a lot, he grows as a person, you can rewatch the part 1 when he almost force himself to eris, and compare it to what happened in this episode. I just don't agree if people said that Rudy is still the same as what he is in part 1.

-As for eris, She Lost her parents, her grandpa, and what happened with Rudeus is, for me, from interpretation, is somekind of coping mechanism, but she did manipulate Rudeus, and broke his heart. She basically bring him to heaven only to slam him down to hell, for the latter, she's not good at explaining or expressing her thought/intention to other.
, we saw everything from Rudeus perspective and he as confused as he is, plus she's going with Gishlain, she would never allow eris to suffer any injustice or sacrifice herself for other.
Dec 12, 2021 6:04 PM
Dec 2007
animejas said:
Ryuseishun said:
It's the end of the journey for Dead End and all three collectively ended up on their separate ways. The part with Ruijerd was really nice and touching, and while I didn't get too emotional or anything, I was impressed by how the anime stuck to that grounded atmosphere and didn't try anything crazy or overdramatic. Sure, theatrics may look cool and enjoyable, but it wouldn't befit the tone of the series up to this point.

Not gonna lie, this whole thing about this part being controversial and all is kinda silly. The whole sex scene wasn't even anything particularly romantic or fanservicey at all. In fact, it felt awkward and depressing.....in a REALLY good way. Eris was definitely trying to cope. Manhandled by a Dragon God, having a uncle figure in Rujierd leave after fulfilling a promise, finding out about her blood family confirmed to be all dead, and then being told she's being set up for an arranged marriage. I can honestly understand how she feels and why she ultimately made that decision in the end, much to the severe chagrin of poor Rudeus, now left alone and mentally hefted over. Gonna be really interesting to see how the story continues from there, knowing that a s2 is definitely waiting in the wings hopefully by around next year's Fall season.

One more episode left, and I think they'll have Eris's perspective plus some side ventures and maybe teasing for future events to end the cour.

On top of those struggles, she even saw the person she loved dearly and the person who was closest to her for 6+ years from when she was a kid to being an adult, nearly die in front of her very eyes, and she couldn't do a damn thing after Orsted flung her away without her getting to damage him whatsoever. That's why she was very close on her trip with Rudeus while travelling back home, whether its hugging him tightly on the horse ride or sleeping next to him while sharing the blanket since she didn't want to be far away from him.
I really hope we get the Eris POV and focus on those details. There's just so much to unpack with her and how she's evolved as a person that not dedicating a good chunk of next episode to her side of the story would be such a let down.

Oh, and the way they handled this episode was absolutely masterful. While many fans were looking forward last episode, THIS was the one I was looking forward to the most. Not so much because of the smexy time, but the thing Mushoku Tensei does far better than anything else is character drama. These chapters of the LN (and now the anime) shows what this story is capable of when the plot threads are given time grow, breathe, and develop.
Dec 12, 2021 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
well it was quite the bleak episode filled with some turns of events i didn't expect sadly the one thing i did expect still happened due to people just straight up saying it happens on this forum but it at least allowed me to not be bothered nearly as much because i knew it was gonna be a thing as gross as it was i'd give the show more flak if they didn't do it at least tastefully

if only we werent at this point where i'm still like man this Rudues dude fucking blows so any form of emotional scenes regarding him i just don't care compared to the people around him.

it seems like we will see Eris perspective soon
Dec 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
GGcc78 said:
animejas said:

On top of those struggles, she even saw the person she loved dearly and the person who was closest to her for 6+ years from when she was a kid to being an adult, nearly die in front of her very eyes, and she couldn't do a damn thing after Orsted flung her away without her getting to damage him whatsoever. That's why she was very close on her trip with Rudeus while travelling back home, whether its hugging him tightly on the horse ride or sleeping next to him while sharing the blanket since she didn't want to be far away from him.
I really hope we get the Eris POV and focus on those details. There's just so much to unpack with her and how she's evolved as a person that not dedicating a good chunk of next episode to her side of the story would be such a let down.

Oh, and the way they handled this episode was absolutely masterful. While many fans were looking forward last episode, THIS was the one I was looking forward to the most. Not so much because of the smexy time, but the thing Mushoku Tensei does far better than anything else is character drama. These chapters of the LN (and now the anime) shows what this story is capable of when the plot threads are given time grow, breathe, and develop.

I'm 97% sure we are getting that POV next episode and not leaving it for a future season to handle that instead. There are only a couple real major scenes to be adapted in the next episode including that POV so there should be enough time to get through the finale without many issues.
Dec 12, 2021 6:16 PM
Dec 2007
Cbr_Star said:
Something my Mother told me to say "I want your Kittens, MEOW". Does this possibly mean that Eris is half beast person? Maybe even Ghislaine's? Which is why she is so strong with the sword?
Her family has a well known beast person fetish (some dialgoue from the Doldia village scene that was cut implies that they regularly buy beast people slaves). In season 1, we see Eris pull the same cat girl routine (I forget which episode). It all sort of ties back to how Eris was from day one trained to pretty much be a sex slave by her mom and to use fetishes to get her way.,

penrhos said:
Communication isn't Eris's strong point so the note she left didn't spell out why she was leaving and more importantly if/when she'd be back.

In the WN Eris basically overpowers Rudy in bed due to the strength differences between them, basically What Eris wants she'll take - this wasn't portrayed well in the adaptation which seemed more like the Manga version.

It didn't follow the manga, it's pretty much how the light novel went. The Ln and Web novel do have differences. The only difference between the LN and anime was the introduction of the flashbacks and Eris grouping Rudys junk...which leads her to ask the question are you turned on.
GGcc78Dec 12, 2021 6:21 PM
Dec 12, 2021 6:20 PM

Oct 2021
It was a great episode overall, especially the first scene.
Dec 12, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2018
It's not often an episode leaves me completely speechless.

Can't even find the right words to express how good this episode was.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Dec 12, 2021 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Oh well, what a ride this was. Definitely didn't expect anything of what happened, Ruijerd leaving and Eris decides to "grow up?" and leave the next day? lmao

She had an egoist attitude, Rudeus had been through a lot too and now she abandoned him, after all this time. I mean when that happened i was like "so that's how he will find Sylphiette and the other girls, but it's still sad...

I guess the next time that we see Eris will be in a pretty distant future.

One of the saddest yet greatest episodes, some of the characters' relationships peaked in this episode! Never would i have thought that i would see Eris voluntarily propose to have sex with Rudeus lmao

What a journey man!

Manaarii_0 said:
KorhalChild said:

I think it'll be a mix of Eris's POV, Roxy's POV, and a small teaser for the next part of Rudeus's life

I really hope so they do that.

That would be such a great idea, and i guess give us an episode where Rudeus isn't the focus.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeDec 12, 2021 6:39 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2021 6:34 PM

Jan 2017
Oh my god the theme of loss for Rudy is so strong on this one

Not only does he finally realize how badly destroyed his hometown got, Ruijerd finally bidding his farewell to the group but Eris fleeing after a one night stand with him as a coping mechanism against the arranged marriage

haha depression goes brrr
Dec 12, 2021 6:49 PM

Aug 2015
Fantastic episode, lots of emotional moments and fitting music combined with flashback scenes that didn't drag on for too long. Can't wait to see a bunch of people complain about that scene at the end lol

DarkDooM2 said:
The only point where Studio Bind really fucked up is the crying scene at the end, they should've made that more nuanced in my opinion.

It's such a silly thing to call fuck-up on, but I completely agree. Rudeus crying at the very last shot was a bit goofy.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 12, 2021 6:51 PM
Oct 2021
animejas said:
GGcc78 said:

I'm 97% sure we are getting that POV next episode and not leaving it for a future season to handle that instead. There are only a couple real major scenes to be adapted in the next episode including that POV so there should be enough time to get through the finale without many issues.

While doing this would stop the guessing as to Eris's motives, I think it would be inconsistent with the director's show-don't-tell focus so my guess is that there will be a slight change to the dialogue in the LN to convey the same idea.
Dec 12, 2021 6:51 PM

Jun 2017
nanajp said:
Rujierd, why leave?! After all you guys have gone through...

Maybe he felt bad that he had to rely on Rudy to make any progress in his life, after all he went through hundreds of years trying not to be hated yet he realized he had been doing it wrong and now that Rudy shown him the paths.

In other events I'm sure Eris had reasons, but man is she bad at writing letters making it feel like a one night stand. Mah boi Rudeus is gonna be broken after this if she doesn't come back.
Dec 12, 2021 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
FocusIssues said:
animejas said:

While doing this would stop the guessing as to Eris's motives, I think it would be inconsistent with the director's show-don't-tell focus so my guess is that there will be a slight change to the dialogue in the LN to convey the same idea.

Maybe, but at the same time, I'm not sure how else the time would be filled up. I'll get a better idea on that soon anyway so I'll see how Bind chooses to execute the finale. They've outdone my expectations with the big scenes this cour so I can trust them to do whatever works with the series for the long run.
Dec 12, 2021 6:54 PM

Jan 2017
Really hope they adapt volume 7 for season 2, now with this episode Rudy is truly alone and volume 7 did an absolute incredible job for character growth.
Dec 12, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2021
FocusIssues said:
animejas said:

It wouldn't be inconsistent, they have given Paul a POV before so you can understand his position, that method of writing has been used but not always.
Dec 12, 2021 6:58 PM
Mar 2014
Wow, this episode was something...

While I had it in mind in previous episodes, it totally slipped my mind that Ruijerd would be leaving them once he finishes his mission of getting them back home. I got caught off-guard with that beginning. I'm really going to miss his presence and Dead End as a whole. I really hope we see him down the road at some point, but I highly doubt we'll see him in any upcoming future seasons (if we get another season etc...). I do recall reading that they will meet Ghislaine and I knew the grandfather was at least dead so I wasn't caught off-guard when it was revealed that her whole family was gone. Likewise, I had an idea that Rudeus and Eris will do the deed and I think the studio did a great job with how they approached it.

That "I want your kittens meow" line was something, certainly didn't expect Eris to actually mutter such a line. For her to leave though right after they finally got together and she asked Rudeus to be her family was so unexpected that I'm still slightly baffled at what took place. Poor Rudeus, he was finally in a better place and his hesitation and growth this season have been great to see. Then one bad thing after another and he's all on his own. I honestly can't see how he'll pull himself together. From what I recall, he always had someone on his side, and both Ruijerd and Eris were with him for years then to suddenly lose them and feel so lost. I guess one can argue that he has grown leaps and bounds from his former self so while he'll wallow a bit and be depressed, he'll find a way to encourage himself to look for Sylphie, his mom and find out the cause of this whole mess.

To me though, the most confusing part is what Eris did. I mean, why not go on a journey with him and Ghislaine? What does that note even mean? Rudeus is honestly quite strong and capable, and I think if he used a combination of magic, that demonic eye and his smarts, he might be able to take on Eris (he did beat her back when they were in the demon continent, but time has passed and she is much stronger). Her cutting her hair makes me wonder if she's going to try and gain more strength while going into some form of hiding. Perhaps while she wants Rudeus to be her family, she feels inadequate and doesn't believe she has the strength to support him which is why she left without telling him. On that note, their final encounter will obviously get etched into Rudeus' mind so that he won't forget her and will look for her eventually.

Blah, this episode was done well overall, just like the last one, but the ending just doesn't sit right with me from an emotional perspective. Here's to hoping that the next episode will at least provide some information, and a new season gets announced as well!
8igfanDec 12, 2021 7:05 PM
Dec 12, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 2017
Jokuc said:
Fantastic episode, lots of emotional moments and fitting music combined with flashback scenes that didn't drag on for too long. Can't wait to see a bunch of people complain about that scene at the end lol

DarkDooM2 said:
The only point where Studio Bind really fucked up is the crying scene at the end, they should've made that more nuanced in my opinion.

It's such a silly thing to call fuck-up on, but I completely agree. Rudeus crying at the very last shot was a bit goofy.
idk man I think it was done pretty well, he hasn't shed a single tear almost this entire time from his departure with Rujierd, finding his entire home destroyed, finding out past acquaintances such as philip are dead and after what happened with eris he just broke.

I personally can't see any better way to portray his mindset other than him completely crying like a lost child because at this point, for the first time in the story, he is truly alone and most certainly lost with no one to guide him going forward.

Brilliantly done imo and can't wait for volume 7 in season 2
Dec 12, 2021 7:17 PM

Aug 2015
Cneq said:
idk man I think it was done pretty well, he hasn't shed a single tear almost this entire time from his departure with Rujierd, finding his entire home destroyed, finding out past acquaintances such as philip are dead and after what happened with eris he just broke.

I personally can't see any better way to portray his mindset other than him completely crying like a lost child because at this point, for the first time in the story, he is truly alone and most certainly lost with no one to guide him going forward.

Him crying isn't what I thought was weird, I just think the way it sounded paired with us being unable to see his facial expressions just made it sound fake for me.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Dec 12, 2021 7:22 PM
Oct 2015
Im like a proud father watching his kid get the winning touchdown. Rudy finally clapped Eris' cheeks
Dec 12, 2021 7:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
LordSozin said:
borderliner said:

Care to provide an example or two (should be easy for you)

Sure, there's a moment in which Paul outright lashed his anger on Rudues. Blaming him for not being trying to find his mother and family, yet himself was surrounded with incompetent people and Paul is himself isn't any better than Rudeus.

The theme of growth and change for the better was never present in the second part as a whole.

Sorry to interrupt, but go watch again the resolution between Paul and Rudeous, growth has been a constant, that was very apparent there.
This episode you see all the payoff Ruijerd has with his development aswell, he is even explicit about it.

And Eris is also growing up, that face up with Orsted scarred her deeply, just don't expect to see it all on one season, this is a long story to tell, where you feel that boost its characters, even minors ones, and the world around keep changing and aging.

Saying there is no development at all on this part is being absurd, just because you are in the minority and don't like it, you are making those assumptions.
Look closer and you will see, just don't expect dramatic changes from one point to the other, things take time, and the series is one that respects its viewer commitment to it.

Pale_Grey said:
Im like a proud father watching his kid get the winning touchdown. Rudy finally clapped Eris' cheeks

My man, if you only knew what is in store for the future...
Just a tiny tease:
PlaycoolDec 12, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 12, 2021 8:05 PM
Nov 2020
Was I the only one that had that "off" feeling while watching the ep, faces seemed skewed for example (mainly ruijerd). It felt like I was watching that naruto shippuden kakashi vs sasuke fan animation video, I can only explain it like that (not as bad obv).
Dec 12, 2021 8:08 PM

Aug 2014
I did not expect that at all... When Ruijerd left and Ghislaine showed up I was thinking that they will still have team of 3 people. Maybe it is time for Sylphiette ?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 12, 2021 8:14 PM

Mar 2021
rudeus left the gang TT
Anime List:🔴
Manga List:🔴
Profile:🔴
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Damn... Not only Ruijerd but Eris too :(

It's a bit sad seeing Rudy all alone and it does make me wonder how things are going to conclude in the final episode

I also liked the way the first scene was done

Dec 2018
She didn't say that they weren't right for each other, she said 'now', meaning that she wants to become stronger. Not to mention that she has someone trying to force her to be a concubine. Rudeus has misunderstood her intentions. She could have made that clearer but I presume she was pretty upset when she wrote that note, considering that she cried when Rujerd left.
Dec 12, 2021 8:21 PM
Jan 2010
This was an emotional episode to watch. I loved the whole episode up to the point of eris leaving rudeus a note. But the way my brain started to process that was different than what most of y'all are thinking/saying, I personally don't think she dumped him, I think that in order for her to truly enjoy another sewing time with rudeus, she's probably expecting him to grow more maturely after his 15th birthday and so since that would take at minimum 2yrs til then she wanted to go on an adventure with Ghislaine so the country can't persue her with a marriage partner so to speak so it'll give Rudeus time to not only grow up/mature more but have 2more yrs to try and find his loved ones.
Hoping they announce a 3rd season
Dec 12, 2021 8:25 PM

Mar 2021
What he give: 😏

What he recieve: Mental Depression T_T

Damn, the series getting better and better. Too bad no more Dead End team. Ruijerd leaving and Eris left Rudy alone.
RielHinami14Dec 12, 2021 8:30 PM
Dec 12, 2021 8:33 PM

Oct 2021
Playcool said:

You couldn't have said it better yourself.
Dec 12, 2021 8:34 PM
Sep 2021
One of best episode of Mushoku Tensei I watch. That's it.
Dec 12, 2021 8:42 PM

Oct 2021
This show keeps only getting better with each new episode.
Well Ending was kinda unexpected but I am pretty excited for next episode
Bgm was also very powerful in this episode but the thing that hurt me most was end of journey with ruijerd.
Dec 12, 2021 8:54 PM

Aug 2018
Disappointed in Rudeus this episode. I think he should have showed restraint; I do not think giving into his impulses at that moment was the right call.
Dec 12, 2021 9:04 PM
Jan 2021
Fulgur_FIQRI said:
I love it! Especially when the segs scene, I'm glad "that" scene aren't too explicit, and amazingly they put together with the violin, love it! Such a melancholic eps for the whole series, so far

I have to agree. The way they handled it without really changing the somber mood was good. I did kindof cringe at his morning reaction though it might have been like that to juxtapose what happens after that.
It's interesting with what he wanted to have happen(actually starting a family and having a relationship with someone) only to find that she left him.
Dec 12, 2021 9:22 PM
Jan 2021
Opticflash said:
Disappointed in Rudeus this episode. I think he should have showed restraint; I do not think giving into his impulses at that moment was the right call.

NGL, I was debating on agreeing with this opinion or not. The grey area was the fact about the concubine and a good way to reject such a proposal is to say you have already been taken. I am glad he showed a decent bit of restraint.
Honestly though, how would you say no in such a situation without hurting her more? The only thing I can think of is to say "let's wait a day for you to think about it" but there is still risk involved and saying even that could backfire.
In the end it's a bit of a lose lose situation.
Dec 12, 2021 9:43 PM

Nov 2019
The Orsted matter wasn't exactly the best but this episode handled the reconciliation greatly. We see that Eris is now mentally scarred and has become insensitive to death; In response the usual mature and quiet Rudeus is shocked. For a second they changed place in terms of behavioral tendencies. The ending of the episode was less graphic than the manga but still held purpose.
Dec 12, 2021 9:53 PM

Jun 2017
RielHinami14 said:
What he give: 😏

What he recieve: Mental Depression T_T

Damn, the series getting better and better. Too bad no more Dead End team. Ruijerd leaving and Eris left Rudy alone.

Leaves his old depressed life just to get round 2 at the end of this season. Oh boy this is gonna hit him hard
Dec 12, 2021 10:11 PM
Nov 2020
RainyShadow said:
Just one complaint...

Why The F!@# did she cut her hair?!?

I haven't read the source stuff, anime only watcher, but in the 24 hours before this, Eris watched one of her closest friends she made leave, found out her parents and grandfather are dead, found out her freedom was probably going to be sacrificed for her country any future happiness or freedom she had. She made the decision to get pregnant with Rudues, and cut her hair probably both to look different, but also because no matter how you spin it or whatever route she chose then, this was a closing chapter on one chapter of her life and the start of a new one. It's very clear she realized that no matter what was about to happen, the life she had been living up until now was about to completely change.
AestheticGamerDec 12, 2021 10:19 PM
Dec 12, 2021 10:24 PM

Oct 2017
AestheticGamer said:
She made the decision to get pregnant with Rudues, and cut her hair probably both to look different, but also because no matter how you spin it or whatever route she chose then, this was a closing chapter on one chapter of her life and the start of a new one. It's very clear she realized that no matter what was about to happen, the life she had been living up until now was about to completely change.

Still, this is one of the worst tropes.
Dec 12, 2021 10:35 PM

Jul 2016
Yay, pedo dream fulfilled... though being honest, having Eris as the one instigating her "13yo" cousin to have sex sure was quite the move.
Anyways, still kinda funny how they tried to portray the whole deed as something heartfelt and romantic but whatever. Rudeus is part of the adult society now.

Another average episode. I found the whole bedroom sequence awkward as hell ("I want your kittens, nya~"?) but leaving that aside, I'm actually more salty about the fact that Ruijerd and Ghislaine never got to meet. And now they are both gone... fuck.
Dec 12, 2021 10:41 PM
Nov 2018
A few people mention manga. Was there any point in this adaptation where manga version of events was used instead of LN version?

So far it seems to be consistent with LN with some reasonable omissions.
Dec 12, 2021 10:45 PM

Jul 2016
Its here the homecoming episode and parting with Ruijerd because, hes mission is fullfiled and its sad to part way with Ruijerd. Even Rudeus and Eris are sad by it. Then they meet Ghislaine that tells them the bad news which shocked Rudeus and Eris.

The second half is the bed scene of Rudeus and Eris which is their promise when they are 15yrs old. But Eris initiate the deed and able to switch on Rudeus which is showed by wine and glass imaginery. Then the last scene which Eris with CHAD energy left Rudeus

Dec 12, 2021 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
merlin2v said:
Opticflash said:

NGL, I was debating on agreeing with this opinion or not. The grey area was the fact about the concubine and a good way to reject such a proposal is to say you have already been taken. I am glad he showed a decent bit of restraint.
Honestly though, how would you say no in such a situation without hurting her more? The only thing I can think of is to say "let's wait a day for you to think about it" but there is still risk involved and saying even that could backfire.
In the end it's a bit of a lose lose situation.

Exactly. There are multiple ways we can look at the situation, which is why the writing is so good!
Dec 12, 2021 10:54 PM
Mar 2019
I may be wrong, but this really feels like a "this is my last goodbye present" from Eris, and "I have to make a decision now, so we can't wait till your 15 anymore". AKA She is going to "do what's right" for her nation by marrying the lord dude. I mean the butler seemed happy with whatever she was doing on her "adventure". Also, what I am meaning by last good bye is, she did that because after she "marries" this lord dude or whatever, she doesn't want Rudeus to know about it and never wants him to see her with him. So she made up some lie on a piece of paper, cut off her hair for some reason and left.

All around a very depressing episode, not saying it was bad, just until I get a conclusion to it I am undecided on how I'd rate it.
Dec 12, 2021 11:02 PM
Dec 2019
ok its all good and all but why tf did eris saying "I want to have your kittens meow" made him lose control is it a magic spell or something or he is just really stupid

and is it just me or literally every strong anime girl with long hair just cuts it for no apparent reason
Dec 12, 2021 11:16 PM
Apr 2021
this is fucking disgusting. I don't care if it wasn't Rudeus that initiated the encounter, he has spent years sexually manipulating her to get to the point where they are now, the fact that the series then has a massive flashback sequence with emotional music to justify this sequence is emotionally manipulative.
theGoddeDec 12, 2021 11:55 PM
Dec 12, 2021 11:16 PM

May 2015
fuck Eris, all my homies hate Eris

this is the worst betrayal I've felt in anime in a long time
Dec 12, 2021 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Absolute degen pedo episode. 1/10
Dec 12, 2021 11:41 PM
Nov 2018
MegaZ3r0 said:
I may be wrong, but this really feels like a "this is my last goodbye present" from Eris, and "I have to make a decision now, so we can't wait till your 15 anymore". AKA She is going to "do what's right" for her nation by marrying the lord dude. I mean the butler seemed happy with whatever she was doing on her "adventure". Also, what I am meaning by last good bye is, she did that because after she "marries" this lord dude or whatever, she doesn't want Rudeus to know about it and never wants him to see her with him. So she made up some lie on a piece of paper, cut off her hair for some reason and left.

All around a very depressing episode, not saying it was bad, just until I get a conclusion to it I am undecided on how I'd rate it.

Lying would be pretty pointless, Philemon is a high level noble and hiding her choice would be impossible.

Nothing would be right about it. Concubine is not a wife and neither have much power. It would kinda make sense if she was a damsel in distress looking at death from hunger, but she is not. She is in position to become one of the strongest sword warriors in existence.

She could have some obligations to her family as a noble but the family is gone and there is no way to use her name to help people. Even before the mana disaster her father considered her useless for political games because marrying her off was impossible.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

474 by Giverny »»
Oct 12, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

279 by Giverny »»
Oct 11, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2021

238 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 20, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

404 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 19, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

192 by LightNoragami1 »»
Sep 10, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.