Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 10, 2021 2:44 PM

Jun 2014
Remake our Life has shot over The Detective is Already Dead for my favourite anime of the season. Though it is still early. I love all of the characters, and the story is extremely engaging.

Feel is back, and it's so nice to see such a strong show.
Jul 10, 2021 3:23 PM

Jan 2015
That episode was so rushed and had too much forced drama.
Jul 10, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2019
I wonder what Tsurayuki meant by saying "Is it just a coincidence? Or is there something else going on here?"
Jul 10, 2021 4:20 PM

Dec 2016
They said "this will be better because it's in college setting" Yet this show opens up with the most cliched bad/tsundere + lucky sukebe routine that the run of the mill highschool anime usually goes for.

The show keeps building some kind of "big moments" like Kyouya & Tsuruya's talk about plagiarism or the big talk of Kyouya after Tsuruya screwed up with the video camera, but I just fail to see what's the thign I'm supposed to be excited for. I feel like Oddokawa after Dobu name dropped the title of Odd Taxi "What? you're acting like that's supposed to sound cool".

I also don't like how Aki just fills in as the cute MOE girl that just sits there and her job is just there to look cute. Hope the whole schtik of her being a famous illustrator in the future does pay off later on (if I make it that far)

Have to say that so far what's keeping me watching is just the morbid curiosity and just being optimistic it does give in an interesting twist before it reaches the mid point, or at the very least it give us a good highlight to make it memorable rather than feel like it's painted by numbers.
Jul 10, 2021 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
fun episode although it was good for the guys who also liked the determination at the end of the cool episode the episode.
Jul 10, 2021 7:06 PM
Apr 2020
I liked this episode, I also like how they definite the main character in this episode a lot more. Defining that he will change how he acted in the future, around the end. I can tell that they’re definitely going to have him going different places, because it looks like the main character will grow as a person. Realizing his mistakes and even (most likely) not realizing some, this really emphasizes how he wants to remake his life. Not to mention the relations with the characters surrounding him as well. I am definitely staying for this ride.
Jul 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Jun 2021
Another solid episode

As same as episode 1, really love the feeling of youth throughout the episode.

And for people who don't like the lucky sukebe parts, you have to realize that this show is all about paying homage to visual novel games.
feel. is a animation company that started out by doing animation on the visual novel game, DC Da Capo. After that, they did many VN adaptations, and even in this modern times, when VN adaptations are no longer that popular, they still produce VN anime adaptations, like "Island" and "YU-NO". They have the upmost respect to VN games, and I think, by doing this show, they are paying tribute to a dying breed.
Jul 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
like this show a lot when it isn't leading into ecchi tropes from teenage romcoms

felt like a lot happened in one episode during their project they went from bros to break up to bros again in less than 10mins

also what year is it again don't most dslr cameras have video recording plus it's a film making class why wouldn't all of them be equipped with that lol
Jul 10, 2021 8:52 PM

Sep 2014
To be honest, I find the presence of those cheap ecchi and "lucky" scenes to be the big disappointment so far of this serie. That and the obvious tropes of everyone. I think I expected something more seinen but I'm finding a commedy that stays halfway.

If things continue this way I don't think I'm gonna enjoy it, despite my interest in, particularly, the possibility of him not being the only one that came back to the past.
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Jul 10, 2021 9:17 PM
Jul 2019
Really really liking this anime
Jul 10, 2021 10:43 PM

Aug 2020
Pretty good episode, but kinda still sus and questionable how he get back on past.

Jul 10, 2021 11:38 PM

Dec 2020
wait why was tsurayaki and kyouya fighting again ???
Jul 10, 2021 11:46 PM
Jul 2020
I felt really good after watching first episode but this episode was just wasn't that touching.
So basically this episode says "there are always new things to learn no matter how old you are" or something like that.
This is the story of a man who time leaped 10 Years in past to don't repeat the same life that he led before.
Well there is nothing wrong with mc or plot here, it is just that I am just sick of these kind of plots. I want something unique, Out of the Box!
Jul 10, 2021 11:49 PM

Aug 2020
Really good episode. This is my favorite summer anime so far, they should keep this up and not mess up the momentum built by the first two episodes.
Fanservice is alright. Quite funny too. I actually learnt a lot about film making from this episode alone.
Also, the teacher is hot.
Jul 11, 2021 12:00 AM

May 2020
lizzziziz said:

apparently having the same idea is a problem for tsurayaki

melodramatic much i guess
Jul 11, 2021 12:03 AM

Dec 2020
Natsude_tanaka said:
lizzziziz said:

LMFAO was that really it ??? damn they're in college and get mad at each other for that bloody hell
Jul 11, 2021 12:26 AM

May 2020
its not a good ep people lol
whats wrong with kawasegawa? she came out of nowhere and start dissing the mc for choosing the same place as her.
whats u with random fanservices? i wonder is their target audience for 12 yrs old? haha idm it but its so random
whats up with tsuruyaki? why is he so piss off at everything? dude is just an assignment, stop stressing lol
Jul 11, 2021 12:29 AM

Feb 2014
Imagine if the 4 of them are actually remaking their life or even including Eiko instead of just Kyouya.

I'm enjoying the show so far, this episode pacing felt fast pace but somehow okay I guess.
Jul 11, 2021 2:08 AM

Jan 2021
They were already started the video production, hope that they'll finish it with flying colors!
Jul 11, 2021 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
again those sexual tension scenes seem so out of place and forced (better just let it be an SoL), creative differences b/w Tsurayuki n Kyouya didn't feel convincing enough, also Aki's voice is so girly n shrill (yet another stupid anime trope) for someone in college..i love the premise of arts school but the characters n plot seem really generic n childish so far..will give one more try till i drop it
Jul 11, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2018
more cringe fan service this episode. my first impression in the first half of episode 1 was that it was going to be a little more grown up, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

when they showed the dslr they had to hand, i was thinking: doesn't that camera also do video recording? but seeing as the first episode was set in 2016, this is 2006 and video recording wasnt on the EOS 5D Mk2 until 2008, so i guess for now they dont have a video camera. are they gonna do a photo montage with narration? borrow Eiko's camera?

the idea for the film they had was pretty good, i know for a fact i couldnt come up with anything half as decent as that lol.

anyway so far, this anime is kind of lacking. im really hoping it'll pick up as the series continues.the real strength they have to pull on are the feelings of regret that our mc has.
Jul 11, 2021 5:44 AM

Mar 2010
This episode felt quite generic to be honest. I hope they spice it up somehow.
Jul 11, 2021 5:56 AM

Sep 2019
lizzziziz said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

LMFAO was that really it ??? damn they're in college and get mad at each other for that bloody hell

That's not really the reason why they fight. Kyouya was being sus because he had the exact same idea as tsurayaki despite not having read his script. And it actually is plagiarism because it's possibly an idea from future tsurayaki. Tsurayaki didn't mind his and already forgave him.

The reason they fight was because after writing the script, kyouya wanted tsurayaki to trim its content to prevent it being longer than 3 minutes.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jul 11, 2021 6:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn, sometime, i can't get used enough to Aki high pitch voice ... I see that they already throw some fanservice and tease over the other girl. That's a good idea honestly, ironically.

First project for the gang, short-film making, and Kyouya acted as a director and producer at once. Everyone else also got some good roles there. I see that Rokuonji being a genius again when its comes to the screen writing part. But Kyouya also did his job good enough to describe how he got that idea. Fair share for them.

However, something trouble them, the time itself, and some shit later. Well, its expected, not everything comes in smooth, right? Good thing that Kyouya got everything in his hand pretty quickly when its talks about moving the plot, already got two-three advices at once, and, bam, really looking forward to see their film....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 11, 2021 6:45 AM

Oct 2016
Another great episode! Really feeling the tension while they're planning for their project. I can understand where Kyouya and Tsurayuki are coming from, honestly can't tell which is the better option, but I guess freedom in expressing our artistry is more important, glad they were able to make up in the end and Kyouya being able to find out what the he should do is.

Kawasegawa and Tsurayuki kinda sus though, I wonder if Kyouya's not the only one that jumped back in time. Would actually be cool, Kyouya's not the only one that is special. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 11, 2021 7:25 AM

Nov 2017
Gosh I cant wait for next eps

Jul 11, 2021 7:25 AM
Mar 2014
Story is progressing at a fairly ok pace. I have an idea regarding how they'll use that camera for their project. I do wonder if anyone else got a second chance. Maybe saesagawa too since she felt broken after they were shut down in the first episode while there's a chance that the other three roommates of Kyouya are famous in the future (we know at least one, likely two now) so would they repeat the whole journey again?
Jul 11, 2021 7:40 AM

Oct 2013
Never really written a discussion message before, but I found myself in the hard opposite camp from popular opinion. Not to say that I'm some stereotypical hater or elitist, I generally give most things a chance.

Unfortunately, this plot's simplicity and predictability saddens me. Prior to the time leap, I was quite enjoying the story. After the time leap, upon meeting the 3 members of the house. the plot is becoming completely predictable. This episode unfortunately continues to go down that expected path. There is nothing wrong with a troupe or a predictable story, but I have a hard time accepting it when it's at the expense of any form of realism. Especially with how the story started out.

However, I'm still hopeful that there might be something deeper and less predictable with the story. Something like the MC realizing that he could be completely derailing the 'platinum generation' by his simple existence. Or perhaps who's life he is changing because he became that 4th person in the house, or the 4th person in the project. He's clearly altering someone's life for the betterment of his own, potentially destroying a life.

Perhaps we'll never know about this 4th person, perhaps the machine of the gods is too powerful to allow any hardship upon others, or perhaps a 4th person never existed to begin with.

The story is shaping up to be a light hearted utopian story, about an idealistic dream that comes true. It'll likely be feel good, with little to no conflict. I hope that I'm wrong, and I hope there is something more, but either way I'm still in for the ride. This is just my 2 cents, had to get it off my chest.
Jul 11, 2021 8:27 AM

Mar 2017
One thing that struck me this episode - and it's something I never thought about before in terms of 'second chance' time leaps - is the amount of pressure you'd feel to get everything 'perfect' this time around.

Kyouya is already worrying about 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 decision he makes and whether it'll change anything about his future and that is a real heavy burden.
Jul 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Jun 2017
Natsude_tanaka said:
whats wrong with kawasegawa? she came out of nowhere and start dissing the mc for choosing the same place as her.
whats u with random fanservices? i wonder is their target audience for 12 yrs old? haha idm it but its so random
whats up with tsuruyaki? why is he so piss off at everything? dude is just an assignment, stop stressing lol

Definitely, but as someone who read some of the novel the first few chapters are way too melodramatic but the writing smoothens out.
Jul 11, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2020
Eifue said:
Natsude_tanaka said:

Definitely, but as someone who read some of the novel the first few chapters are way too melodramatic but the writing smoothens out.

i heard the same thing with rainbow and its backfired lol but yeah lets wait
Jul 11, 2021 11:57 AM

May 2020
sKyBlazer08 said:
Another great episode! Really feeling the tension while they're planning for their project. I can understand where Kyouya and Tsurayuki are coming from, honestly can't tell which is the better option, but I guess freedom in expressing our artistry is more important, glad they were able to make up in the end and Kyouya being able to find out what the he should do is.

Kawasegawa and Tsurayuki kinda sus though, I wonder if Kyouya's not the only one that jumped back in time. Would actually be cool, Kyouya's not the only one that is special. Looking forward to the next episode.

well, if shes the same then why being a dik since they were previously work together and from the looks of it she didnt have a problem with hashiba
Jul 11, 2021 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
Airhead girl oblivious to the fact she's partially naked, still slaps male for looking. - God I'm so sick of this shit-cliche I nearly dropped the series in the first few seconds...
Jul 11, 2021 12:02 PM

May 2020
White_Hollow said:
lizzziziz said:

That's not really the reason why they fight. Kyouya was being sus because he had the exact same idea as tsurayaki despite not having read his script. And it actually is plagiarism because it's possibly an idea from future tsurayaki. Tsurayaki didn't mind his and already forgave him.

The reason they fight was because after writing the script, kyouya wanted tsurayaki to trim its content to prevent it being longer than 3 minutes.

even if its plagiarism, it still was unintentional. kyouya couldve said that i had convo with aki and nanako and its sparks the idea
Jul 11, 2021 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
m3gp said:
again those sexual tension scenes seem so out of place and forced (better just let it be an SoL), creative differences b/w Tsurayuki n Kyouya didn't feel convincing enough, also Aki's voice is so girly n shrill (yet another stupid anime trope) for someone in college..i love the premise of arts school but the characters n plot seem really generic n childish so far..will give one more try till i drop it

My thoughts exactly but not that extreme to drop the show. I mean they must know that the premise is kind of boring, so I guess they’re trying to spice it up with fan service but sadly going overboard. I hope they tone it down in the next episodes.
Jul 11, 2021 9:50 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another good episode, glad it’s not an hour long as well lol, I’m too used to my classic 23 minute scuffles. We got some good Nanako booba in this one near the beginning, always appreciated, and the group project has some conflicts which is to be expected, but one thing that surprised me is how Kyouya didn’t realize he stole his movie idea from what he read in the future, I get that you can do that pretty easily sometimes, but damn I hope he doesn’t accidentally do it again in later on lol..

I also have a suspicion that Kasegawa might be doing a very similar movie since their both at the train station, and there’s also the big possibility more than just Kyouya has gone back in time. And the plot thickens, looking forward to next week!
Jul 12, 2021 6:45 AM

Mar 2017
As a mangas reader, everything feel so fast paced and miss a lot of important detail that can pull an emotional feeling like in the manga does. especially the last scene where Kyouya were so worried about the equipment that he overthink everything until he have no choice and make it clear that they HAVE to use this.

meanwhile the anime make it like "eh, let's make Kyouya super duper protagonistic where he won't give up just because it's dslr camera" which resulting lack of emotional punch
Jul 12, 2021 3:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The group project about time is definitely interesting, and well of course MC has an advantage since he comes from the future... well of course there is a drama and right now it's the camera, I already know what will happen so I'm not stressed but the situation is quite tense
Jul 12, 2021 3:31 PM

May 2018
Interesting anime, honestly that's much better than I was expecting. Even tho the scenery, designs, and theme look quite mediocre, I guess the execution and chacterization are good enough to carry on the whole thing.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jul 12, 2021 8:46 PM
Sep 2020
Too much cringe stuff..I m not saying this anime is bad..its good..but it feels over dramatic sometimes
Jul 12, 2021 10:13 PM

Feb 2018
lullabymahjong said:

when they showed the dslr they had to hand, i was thinking: doesn't that camera also do video recording? but seeing as the first episode was set in 2016, this is 2006 and video recording wasnt on the EOS 5D Mk2 until 2008, so i guess for now they dont have a video camera. are they gonna do a photo montage with narration? borrow Eiko's camera?

thanks for pointing out the DSLR situation, my initial thought was the same, my Nikon D90 from 2008 does have video recording function so I just assumed it started early cuz my D90 was considered mid-range
Jul 12, 2021 11:54 PM
Nov 2020
The pacing in ep 2 felt too fast, the manga has better pacing
Is it only me or yall feel the same too?
Jul 13, 2021 3:48 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I hope they don't concentrate on the shipping, but on the filmaking and time travel aspects of it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 13, 2021 7:01 AM

Feb 2021
Damn now I'm thinking what I've been doing up until now. This anime makes college life seems interesting in a very good way. I'm going to try and have fun in everything I do.

Episode 2 was a fucking banger let's goooooooo.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 15, 2021 6:01 AM

Apr 2018
This gives a lot of SOL animes vibes like sakuraso etc.. but it's pretty fun. The fanservice is also good xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 15, 2021 5:30 PM

May 2020
Shirushi-Hashima said:
After the DSLR camera mistake, my first thought was Kyouya was somehow going to figure out how to time leap to correct the mistake. That's probably not going to happen, but that's what came to my mind.

FMmatron said:
Ah yes, running into the living room in your bra and then letting it out on the MC, a classic. Makes it even funnier that Nanako willingly rubbed her boobs on him later.

Yep LMAO. The "of course it's definitely your fault," coupled with a punch, slap, kick, or a shout saying "hentai!" Classic.

UkRs said:
Seriously.. if i was in the MC position i would've said FUCK ARTS! and bought bitcoins..

Same. But I guess it's more interesting to have this narrative.

Kimurah said:
They said "this will be better because it's in college setting" Yet this show opens up with the most cliched bad/tsundere + lucky sukebe routine that the run of the mill highschool anime usually goes for.

Yep I definitely don't like the immature lucky sukebei. I didn't even like it the first time I saw it.

lizzziziz said:

That is a pretty funny way to put it LOL

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Airhead girl oblivious to the fact she's partially naked, still slaps male for looking. - God I'm so sick of this shit-cliche I nearly dropped the series in the first few seconds...

Yep I hate the cliche too. I don't hate it enough to drop the show, but I hate it enough to make me reconsider my initial score.

how is it funny way to put it? hahaha its true innit
Jul 18, 2021 11:41 AM

Jun 2017
PecoTheHero said:
Bad writing and even worse characters.
Can you at least elaborate? I don't know where you find the bad writing is in this show.
Jul 18, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2020
Eifue said:
PecoTheHero said:
Bad writing and even worse characters.
Can you at least elaborate? I don't know where you find the bad writing is in this show.

The entire "platinum generation" aspect is extremely forced and shoved into the viewers face with it's timing. Did the writing put any effort so we know why it's important? Did we see the effect they had on our mc?

Over played tropes: ex. girl somehow doesn't know she has a bra on -> gets embarrassed

Example from ep. 2: when mc is talking to the teacher 'has anything interesting happened lately' -> flash back to fan service moments for 0 reason.

Tsurayuki and his script for the project: 'you managed to come up with the same idea, like you read my mind' asks the mc if it could possibly be something other than a coincidence even though the idea was locked away (very unnatural reaction).

Climatic moments are weak: when the mc goes to talk to Tsurayuki, who had issues surrounding his script being adjusted: mc goes 'it's too soon to give up!' Oh. And not even a minute later we have another 'we are not out of options!' moment when they have the camera issue. I think this is mainly because of pacing and not showing the process of the events. As a result, there's no tension and therefore no satisfactory feeling watching it play out.

I've never been a fan of self-insert mc's. Yes I can relate to that same feeling of regret in college but is there 1 other interesting thing about the mc? The writing reminds me of the 2nd half of Higehiro where things feel so unnatural.
Jul 18, 2021 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
When Eiko turned up at the train station, I was wondering if she was also sent to the past and also had the foreknowledge of the short story Tsurayuki wrote.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 19, 2021 1:17 AM

Feb 2018
there is a problem it is a photo camera, I wonder how to solve it. Besides that, it seems that some characters are starting to develop and show a little for the MC
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 25, 2021

176 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 15, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

212 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

127 by addictedtoliving »»
Oct 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.