Forum Settings
Forums

Video Game 'Legend of Mana' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Jun 27, 2021 5:02 AM
Discord Moderator
Feb 2014
Warner Bros. Japan opened an official website for an anime adaptation of Square Enix's Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana role-playing video game on Sunday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series, subtitled The Teardrop Crystal, is being produced by animation studios Graphinica and Yokohama Animation Lab.

Square Enix published the first game in the Seiken Densetsu (Mana) series as a Final Fantasy spin-off, titled Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Final Fantasy Adventure) in 1991 for the Game Boy console. The second and third games, Secret of Mana and Trials of Mana, were released for SNES in 1993 and 1995, respectively. The game franchise has sold a cumulative 8 million copies worldwide.

Legend of Mana, the fourth game, was released on PlayStation in 1999. Square Enix published an HD remaster for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC on Thursday.

Shiro Amano (Kingdom Hearts manga) serialized a five-volume manga adaptation in Monthly Famitsu Bros magazine from 2000 to 2003.

Official site: http://mana-lom-tc.com/

Source: Press Release

Seiken Densetsu: Legend of Mana - The Teardrop Crystal on MAL
Mako995Jun 27, 2021 12:59 PM
Jun 27, 2021 5:11 AM
Feb 2021
They really got the studio that just put out Slideshow of Ragnorok
Jun 27, 2021 5:21 AM

Oct 2017
Not sure but I might not watch this.
Jun 27, 2021 5:21 AM
Oct 2019
Legend of Mana from Playstation 1???
damn what a Nostalgia, this made me want to play the game again...
I love the Story.

not expecting something spectacular from Graphinica, hopefully it's good enough.
Jun 27, 2021 5:50 AM
Dec 2013
Holy shit! I own this game on PS1! A JRPG released over 20 years ago is randomly getting an anime adaptation. That's cool, I guess. No adaptation for Secret of Mana though, huh?
Jun 27, 2021 6:38 AM

Apr 2016
Bet Netflix's gonna slap Denuvo on this one as well lmao.
Jun 27, 2021 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
It was announced via 30th anniversary YouTube live
https://www.famitsu.com/news/202106/27225164.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 27, 2021 7:17 AM

Dec 2012
woooooww..
my fav game of ps1 all the time...i dunno how much i replay this game..
can i hope that the remake coming soon?
Jun 27, 2021 7:29 AM
Jun 2021
vai ser tipo Zelda?? estou na expectativa que seja bom
Jun 27, 2021 10:29 AM
Apr 2020
xiMii said:
woooooww..
my fav game of ps1 all the time...i dunno how much i replay this game..
can i hope that the remake coming soon?

They've made a remaster of the Legend of Mana game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CEMXyUWYW8

Unfortunately Trials of Mana is the only one with the remake so far.
Jun 27, 2021 11:19 AM

May 2013
Oh wow what a pleasant surprise.

I should play the remaster and actually beat the game this time lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jun 27, 2021 12:12 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
.........another video game adaptation from Square Enix right after ANOTHER Square Enix video game adaptation ended, huh...?

....I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but... *sigh* People tried to warn me with that last one and how video game adaptations generally end up failing in some way or another. I didn't listen and now I've been feeling kinda awful for the last couple of days... way worse than I did back when the Ace Attorney anime was still airing, because at least that show actually adapted most if not all of its source material and actually had a filler episode in between adapting the first and second games that I remember was actually great. That aside, I highly suggest some of you who are just as passionate about this game as I am for TWEWY and Ace Attorney to try to lower your expectations as much as possible, at least until some more information about this anime's staff and runtime comes out.

My bet is that this is gonna just gonna be a rushed video game adaptation made just to advertise a possible upcoming entry for the Mana series.
Haven't played this game, but it is definitely fairly popular.
It's possible that a remake could be coming out soon just because of this announcement, actually.
At least it's not a Secret of Mana adaptation, there's barely any "story" in that one imo haha
Jun 27, 2021 12:27 PM
Jan 2014
Parasite Eve is WASTED on Square. They got time for anythinggggg else, except for that.
Jun 27, 2021 1:42 PM

May 2020
I wonder what's up with Square Enix now making shows of old games like with Final Fantasy 9
Legend of Mana was pretty good but lacked challenge for me but it was fun exploring, even still this isn't the game people talk about when they talk about the Mana series so I'm sure people would've wanted Secret of Mana or Trails of Mana to be adapted, but it's okay I feel like this adaptation will be about the world of the game and the fun characters rather than a big story arc
Jun 27, 2021 5:11 PM

May 2009
Wasn't a remake announced recently? Or am I mixing things up? Maybe this is to sell more copies of that remake? Unless I'm completely mixing games up. xD
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jun 27, 2021 5:25 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
.........another video game adaptation from Square Enix right after ANOTHER Square Enix video game adaptation ended, huh...?

....I really don't want to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but... *sigh* People tried to warn me with that last one and how video game adaptations generally end up failing in some way or another. I didn't listen and now I've been feeling kinda awful for the last couple of days... way worse than I did back when the Ace Attorney anime was still airing, because at least that show actually adapted most if not all of its source material and actually had a filler episode in between adapting the first and second games that I remember was actually great. That aside, I highly suggest some of you who are just as passionate about this game as I am for TWEWY and Ace Attorney to try to lower your expectations as much as possible, at least until some more information about this anime's staff and runtime comes out.

My bet is that this is gonna just gonna be a rushed video game adaptation made just to advertise a possible upcoming entry for the Mana series.
Haven't played this game, but it is definitely fairly popular.
It's possible that a remake could be coming out soon just because of this announcement, actually.
At least it's not a Secret of Mana adaptation, there's barely any "story" in that one imo haha

Its going to be crap on arrival so you're not wrong to be skeptical.

Jun 27, 2021 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
CataOrShane said:
Wasn't a remake announced recently? Or am I mixing things up? Maybe this is to sell more copies of that remake? Unless I'm completely mixing games up. xD
it was a remaster and it just came out. They did announce they are making a complete new console mainline entry at the same event so maybe they are just trying to get the name out there.

Gio_Graphy said:
Parasite Eve is WASTED on Square. They got time for anythinggggg else, except for that.

What an absolutely bizarre thing to bring up when square is showing an open focus on reviving their dormant properties.
JizzyHitlerJun 27, 2021 7:27 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 27, 2021 7:38 PM
Jan 2014
What an absolutely bizarre thing to bring up about square showing an open focus on reviving their dormant properties. [/quote]

Is it REALLY though? I dont need to be a market researcher to know that for the last couple of years, horror games its where its been AT. Capcom has been making BANK (rightfully so, IMO the games are great) with Resident Evil. Meanwhile Square got time for Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, hell even a COMPLETELY NEW IP (Forspoken) but Parasite Eve is collecting dust. The same can be said for Konami and SH (but thats a whole other 20 dollars as they say). Maybe the Fatal Frame relaunch will make Square remember they have Parasite Eve but I doubt it at this point lol These are just my opinions, its not that serious at the end of the day lol
Jun 27, 2021 8:22 PM

Sep 2011
Gio_Graphy said:

Is it REALLY though? I dont need to be a market researcher to know that for the last couple of years, horror games its where its been AT. Capcom has been making BANK (rightfully so, IMO the games are great) with Resident Evil. Meanwhile Square got time for Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, hell even a COMPLETELY NEW IP (Forspoken) but Parasite Eve is collecting dust. The same can be said for Konami and SH (but thats a whole other 20 dollars as they say). Maybe the Fatal Frame relaunch will make Square remember they have Parasite Eve but I doubt it at this point lol These are just my opinions, its not that serious at the end of the day lol

Yes it is bizzare, cause Square is showing all indications that they very well could be using that IP in the near future alongside a billion other IP's, also don't know what universe your in where horror games are where its at when RE is borderline the only real one of note, a franchise that even in its worst state sold millions. Outside of that horror games arent all that hot. Past that it makes about as much sense to bring up as me going, well why don't they make a new nanashi no game, why PE over that one?
JizzyHitlerJun 27, 2021 8:34 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 27, 2021 8:33 PM
Jan 2014
Yes it is bizzare, cause Square is showing all indications that they very well could be using that IP in the near future alongside a billion other IP's, also don't know what universe your in where horror games are where its at when RE is borderline the only real one of note, a franchise that even in its worst state sold millions. Outside of that horror games arent all that hot.

Mana, a franchise that was neglected WAAAAAAAAAAY longer than parasite eve was, getting a revival from teams not even remotely tied to PE, is gonna stop a PE revival, its such an insane correlation to make. The last new mana game was in 2006, parasite eve had a 3rd game years after that[/quote]

Horror games arent that hot? Are we just forgetting Outlast, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Dead by Daylight, freaking UNTIL DAWN? Come on, buddy. And I wasnt saying they aint NEVER gonna do something with PE, just that they'd rather do anything BUT something related to PE. Like they'd rather do another damn Final Fantasy instead of it lol
Im over this conversation now, we aint gonna see eye to eye and thats fine. Have a good night~
Jun 27, 2021 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
Gio_Graphy said:

Horror games arent that hot? Are we just forgetting Outlast, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Dead by Daylight, freaking UNTIL DAWN? Come on, buddy. And I wasnt saying they aint NEVER gonna do something with PE, just that they'd rather do anything BUT something related to PE. Like they'd rather do another damn Final Fantasy instead of it lol
Im over this conversation now, we aint gonna see eye to eye and thats fine. Have a good night~
Dude you just named a bunch of games that came out half a decade ago or more. Theres your answer as to how hot horror games are.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 27, 2021 8:38 PM
Jan 2014
Dude you just named a bunch of games that came out half a decade ago or more. Theres your answer as to how hot horror games are. [/quote]

I love that I said I dont wish to go back and forth anymore yet you clearly did not care. Are you one of those guys that just NEED to have the final word? Que pena.
Jun 28, 2021 4:36 PM
Jun 2021
Eu amava esse jogo, hahaha, com certeza vou assistir o anime!
Jun 28, 2021 6:21 PM
Jan 2021
Gio_Graphy said:
Dude you just named a bunch of games that came out half a decade ago or more. Theres your answer as to how hot horror games are.

I love that I said I dont wish to go back and forth anymore yet you clearly did not care. Are you one of those guys that just NEED to have the final word? Que pena. [/quote]
hes right though
and you dont use "que pena" that way, its funny
Jun 28, 2021 8:15 PM
Jan 2014
hes right though
and you dont use "que pena" that way, its funny[/quote]

Ay benditoooo, ahora este me va a decir como hablar en español. Mi amor, dejame dejarte unos cuantos "links" pa que n pases trabajo :)

2021: https://culturedvultures.com/new-horror-games-2021/
2020: https://gamerant.com/best-horror-games-2020/
2019: https://gamerant.com/horror-games-2019-best-top/
2018: https://gamerant.com/best-horror-games-2018/
2017: https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/18/18-best-horror-games-of-2017

INCLUSO, me encanta que tú y él se estan haciendo como si salen juegos nuevos cada dos meses o algo así lol no me joda
Jun 28, 2021 10:26 PM

Oct 2019
What the heck, now I want to play the game again after decades.
Jun 29, 2021 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
I love this game but I won't expect much for this anime adaptation. Hope it doesn't turn to be bad enough to ruin the nostalgia.
Jun 29, 2021 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
I'm happy but worried at the same time. I hope it's at least something on the level of GranBlue Fantasy.
Jul 1, 2021 12:24 AM

Apr 2013
Since I consider Secret of Mana to be one of the best video games ever made, I'll surely watch this. Even though I have not played the PS1 game myself.
Jul 19, 2021 10:27 AM

Nov 2010
I waited all of my life for this, I'm so excited lol I read the manga but was disappointed that it didn't show all of the game's characters, but I liked how the author added personality for the boy and the girl. I think that it's too much to show all the quests in the anime, but I'll be glad if I can see all of my favourite characters on the screen.

More topics from this board

» Romance Meets Sports: Shouya Chiba, Akari Kitou Bring Us Inside 'Ao no Hako'

tingy - Oct 25

9 by Neengen »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Season 2 Reveals New Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for April 2025

Nioxys - Oct 13

10 by jkmsoobinie »»
4 hours ago

» A Glimpse Into the Wacky World of Dandadan

tingy - Yesterday

2 by Daniel_funes99 »»
11 hours ago

» In Pursuit of Egoism: The Essence of 'Blue Lock'

Kineta - Oct 24

7 by deg »»
Yesterday, 8:14 PM

» Light Novel 'Ore wa Seikan Kokka no Akutoku Ryoushu!' Gets TV Anime for Spring 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 20

7 by Fabris »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.