Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2019 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was expecting more from that music performance tbh.

Arata and the inspectors on this case managed to track down an interesting individual. I'm starting to like Arata more this season with his empathic ability. He's a valuable part of the team as they attempt at their latest case. Division 1's method of operation still remains pretty much the same as the previous episodes with intelligence gathering and analysis.
Nov 21, 2019 8:58 AM
Dec 2016
W
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Arata and the inspectors on this case managed to track down an interesting individual. I'm starting to like Arata more this season with his empathic ability. He's a valuable part of the team as they attempt at their latest case. Division 1's method of operation still remains pretty much the same as the previous episodes with intelligence gathering and analysis.
WHERE DID YOU WATCH THE EPISODE 5?
Nov 21, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character used too much Mental trace that he needs to rest.

Seems like the lady criminal working under the two relates to the fox group? Because there's a letter by someone from it.

There are people against talent mayor, who still hold concert while having political speech. Someone about the cause crime when Nakamura-san's character shot him. Seems like bomb on him.

So KajiKaji's character's personality is like that because he learned a bit of the religion before.

They are given permission to investigate about the fox group. First w. those different religious groups who appeared in the speech. All of them volunteered to have the gun to test them first and pure.

First religious group not letting the criminal helpers in. The leader having confidence that the criminal not related and the gun might hand in to the religious group in the future.

KajiKaji's character requested the reporter to go along for another religious group. He used to survive bomb, but gave up and joined religious group.

Also meeting a woman, who also knows KajiKaji's character's father and knows that he can see something dark. Even though she supports the mayer's idea, she is against how it's done (even accepting immigrants). She also saved the twin brother of the guy who bombed.

Dinner time and Nakamura-san's character's wife's surgery soon.

The second religious group offered information. Planned to have 5 bombs? One more happened.

That first religious leader w. confidence had a successful business before changing to religion? Illegal export?

lol @ compatible test that got KajiKaji's character having low compatibility w. everyone. It is to choose two to pretend to be the couple of that religious leader's uncle to get into the party.
tsubasaloverNov 21, 2019 10:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 21, 2019 10:29 AM
Apr 2016
Can someone explain me what do they plan on gaining by merely making a summary of what has happened in the episode, on episode DISCUSSION threads? Either I am too dumb to fathom this design, ...
pinkzbowzntoes said:
W
Stark700 said:

WHERE DID YOU WATCH THE EPISODE 5?

On Japanese TV
Re:formed
Nov 21, 2019 10:31 AM

Mar 2019
That was pretty interesting
Nov 21, 2019 10:39 AM

Oct 2010
Arata D+ with Mika haha

Quite interesting case we got here.. I wonder how this will end. It looks like Ministry of Foreign Affairs will join this case as well.. (KOUGAMI, GINOZA, TEPPEI HYPE)
HyackNov 21, 2019 10:52 AM
Nov 21, 2019 11:02 AM
Apr 2019
The animation felt out of proportion in some of the frames.
Nov 21, 2019 11:37 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
jungsae said:
Highkey upset they didn't show compatibility of Arata with Mikhail

I feel that it was very much on purpose. Such teasers!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 21, 2019 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
This was an interesting episode.

Yayoi is back and helping out with the investigation.

There are a lot of religious groups, even one centered around the Sibyl System.

Shimotsuki just can't take a break. XD I feel sorry for her.

Irie's reaction when he got poor compatibility with Kisaragi.

Nov 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2016
Another captivating episode. Not much on the foxes, except for the pre opening segement. But I digged the investigation and maybe we will get a proper lead on them after the succesful infiltration or after finding out what's getting smuggled by Heavens Lead. Success could also bring them closer to Bifrost.

Still waiting for exposition on how these groups are connected to each other.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 21, 2019 1:18 PM

May 2019
I see a death flag for Mai. I hope it's a wrong signal but the feeling is too strong.

I hope they don't plant a bomb inside her or something.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 21, 2019 2:04 PM

Feb 2017
Ahhhh, good old QUALITY-Pass is back, wouldn't be a a proper Psycho-pass season without it. Anyways, really interesting episode.
Nov 21, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2019
Really good episode. PLEASE leave Mai alone though. I don't want to be teary-eyed next week
Nov 21, 2019 4:03 PM
Aug 2018
nanimeanswhat said:
I see a death flag for Mai. I hope it's a wrong signal but the feeling is too strong.

I sense a very big death flag for her as well... She had one from the beginning, but its too big now ^^" But I didn't think about the option to plant a bomb into her... I can see that happening. I really hope I'm mistaken QAQ
Nov 21, 2019 4:49 PM

Sep 2011
This was absolutely the budget-saving episode of the series, but it was all intrigue and didnt ruin anything, but oh my god next episode is dripping in tragedy flags, something absolutely is going to happen to mai and I feel like they are going to turn her into a bomb.

I have a bit of an assumption of where this might be going, the whole series has been building up to Kei losing control, mai dying could push him to become obsessed with revenge against presumably azusawa, and cloud his hue to the point of becoming a latent criminal that would go off the rails whilst arata loses the one who keeps him in control. I think we spent this whole series kind of waiting to see the villains themselves act but whats going to actually be the grand finale of the season is going to be arata trying to stop kei.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 21, 2019 5:20 PM

May 2016
I am going to watch the episode now so I have not seen it but I have to admit I was expecting s3 to suck balls but it is actually very good. Of course it loses points for not having the original cast and Akane but still it is fantastic.

EDIT: watched it and I don't see any "Death flags" for mai. Unless you count the operating as one.
Kayle_x_MorganaNov 21, 2019 6:05 PM
Nov 21, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2018
adityush007 said:
Strange amount of animation directors this episode, let's hope there's no production issues.
Nov 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Apr 2009
These people can put brains in jars and create immortal cyborgs but still can't cure cancer? Feels like the world-building is all over the place this season.

Nov 21, 2019 5:45 PM

Oct 2015
I wonder what heaven's leap is smuggling or shipping there? I really don't have ideas to be honest, but I hope it's something interesting.

So far I'm loving this terrorism stuff that we are getting from the case. I didn't think Sister Shinogi was involved though, I mean her hue was definitely under control and she seemed more innocent than the other three. I wonder where is she hiding though or who's hiding her?

Interesting stuff.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 21, 2019 6:07 PM
Jun 2017
O'Brien's pocket watch was shown a few times and it had an Hannibal quote written on it. ''Aut viam inveniam aut faciam', which means ''I will find a way or make one''.
Seems like some foreshadowing on the Heaven's Feel scheme. I also hope we'll find out what enforcer Kisuragi's connection with the foxes is in the next episode.
Nov 21, 2019 7:38 PM
Dec 2015
vichd1 said:
O'Brien's pocket watch was shown a few times and it had an Hannibal quote written on it. ''Aut viam inveniam aut faciam', which means ''I will find a way or make one''.
Seems like some foreshadowing on the Heaven's Feel scheme. I also hope we'll find out what enforcer Kisuragi's connection with the foxes is in the next episode.

Didn't even notice the quote there
Nov 21, 2019 9:00 PM
Mar 2015
Only 3 bombs left At least none of them died
Nov 21, 2019 10:32 PM

Feb 2014
So this episode focused on faith and how it cleared your conscience. Believing in something really does calm you down.
Also we got many speculations with this one. Homura Shizuka, the youngest Congressmen seems to favor the Public Bureau a lot; which seems that he has someone in there who he's close too or either he's the Public Bureau's secret member or he's a Sybil product. Either way he seems to be a man of mysteries.
On another note, since the beginning of this series, Mao seems to be in ties with the fox, and the gift at the start of the episode really strengthens this part. She seems to be the likely traitor in the bureau. Also this speculates her ties with Homura?
On the funny part, we got Sybil AI's having a lot of funny moments. That realationship grading was hilarious. Poor Irie making a fool of himself this episode with little scares and that pickup line at the end.

With 5 episodes in of the 8, hope this series doesn't leave us hanging on for a TBD new season.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 22, 2019 12:05 AM

Apr 2010
Big Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG references in this episode with the constant mentions of "Dejima" and the refugee suicide bombers...
Nov 22, 2019 3:49 AM

Aug 2016
JizzyHitler said:
This was absolutely the budget-saving episode of the series, but it was all intrigue and didnt ruin anything
[...]
I think we spent this whole series kind of waiting to see the villains themselves act [...]

I enjoyed this episode tbh, this episode or season in general is expanding the world of PS in a good way (not like season 2).

The politics part was and still is a bit superficial, but what is underwhelming is the whole Bifrost part. I'm getting worried that, while the setup is quite interesting, they're going to screw it up. The assumed villains are not well-developed yet...

I don't know if it was mentioned: Bifrost is the rainbow bridge that connects Asgard, the world of gods, with Midgard, the world of humanity in Norse mythology.
https://norse-mythology.org/cosmology/bifrost/

Daniel_Naumov said:
Can someone explain me what do they plan on gaining by merely making a summary of what has happened in the episode, on episode DISCUSSION threads? Either I am too dumb to fathom this design

I don't understand it either.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Nov 22, 2019 3:59 AM
Oct 2018
jungsae said:

Probably S++++++
Nov 22, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2017
Lol I'm just glad and surprised that Mika isn't annoying anymore and rather she was pretty cute in this episode. Arata and Kei really loves to create problems for her but thnx to that we get to see her cute side so not complaining.

This episode was pretty mysterious and all of the new characters that were introduced seemed suspicious. Thou not all of them r bad proly. Anyway I wonder how all the cases upto now will be connected since it looks like the Fox r behind all of em.

Well I hope Mai's surgery goes smoothly and both Kei and Arata return safely to her.
Nov 22, 2019 4:34 AM
Apr 2016
carl49785 said:
jungsae said:

Probably S++++++

Clearly an F.
Arata is suffering from mental predicament which might plunge him into insanity, although he himself is a good-natured boy and tries to avoid casualties the best he can, while Mikhail is a dirty r***e immigrant and feels justified using violence and even murdering people with Eliminator. If you pay attention to the opening, when one Eliminator goes into elimination mode, an inspector (Arata) blocks it with his hand. Mikhail then has to fight against his own doppelganger, which is a metaphor how he has to deal with his own cruel self. They are not static, their characters are also in development.
Re:formed
Nov 22, 2019 6:34 AM

Nov 2018
Is Kisaragi one of the foxes, I am suspicious. She seems logical and yet.
Kei dropping off Arata to his house and continuing to warm him not to use mental trace, nice.
"Kaboom!" though. That was cute.
Kisaragi seems to have a liking for Kei.
Looks like Irie and Hinakawa got compatibility. Yet Irie seems to like Kisaragi.
Build-up episode.
OrangeCloudsNov 22, 2019 6:37 AM
Nov 22, 2019 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Seems that the last episodes that was packed with great action scenes took most of the budget - episode 5 had really derpy animation, static shots and was drawn quite poorly at times. Still the plot is quite interesting, but they could drop some more info on those Bifrost guys already. It's hard to understand that part.
Nov 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode,

I feel death flags for both Kei and Mai,Hope Mai's operation is successful.

Next episode will be very important i feel.

Nov 22, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2018
Not bad for a build-up. Lots of derpy faces though
Nov 22, 2019 3:28 PM
Jul 2019
nanimeanswhat said:

Either that or an explosion gonna happen in that hospital. Too obvious to not happen.
Nov 22, 2019 8:17 PM

Jul 2017
Dude thats like the biggest death flag you could possibly throw out there.

This show was one huge drop of the ball away from being absolutely amazing and i guess we'll get that next week.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Nov 22, 2019 9:06 PM

Nov 2019
Some of the cgi and animation looked a lil wonky this episode.
Nov 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Sep 2011
lazypigz said:

This show was one huge drop of the ball away from being absolutely amazing and i guess we'll get that next week.
Its one drop of the ball from being amazing, but also one drop of the ball from going to shit, its probably all coming down to next ep.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 22, 2019 11:59 PM
Jul 2019
Jin_uzuki said:
These people can put brains in jars and create immortal cyborgs but still can't cure cancer? Feels like the world-building is all over the place this season.

Just because medicine evolves, it's not supposed to be able treat everything in the future.
Nov 23, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2019
Outlander said:
Seems that the last episodes that was packed with great action scenes took most of the budget - episode 5 had really derpy animation, static shots and was drawn quite poorly at times. Still the plot is quite interesting, but they could drop some more info on those Bifrost guys already. It's hard to understand that part.

I noticed this drawing thing. Looked pretty off at times.
Nov 23, 2019 12:53 AM
May 2018
Death flag for Kei. Mao is the possible traitor.

The next two episodes will decide my overall impression of the show, just hoping that the episodes won't feel rushed
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2019 3:48 AM
Sep 2018
What's wrong with the faces (animation) ??

Om_KidNov 23, 2019 3:52 AM
Nov 23, 2019 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
The D+ for Arata and Mika Shimotsuki was interesting. I hoped for a bit romance between them - before Arata flirted with the female governor and Yayoi where he said he'd protect her.

If they really plant a bomb in Mai ... that would even beat the shocking stuff we got to see in another anime this season. I also think she is going to die ... but maybe a mistake by the doctor or some technical things (robots) used.

Then again ... it has been said that there are foxes in the public safety bureau was well if I remember correctly. Someone might target the inspectors by killing her. Or someone of the guys jealous that she gets surgery faster than others wo have to wait longer. (Or Anti immigrant.)
Nov 23, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 2018
I'm not impressed with this build ups. It's taking too long and only 3 eps left. Guess we won't be seeing some great villain. And what? they gonna kill off Mai now? Fuk, this Kei & Mai relationship is the thing I luv most in this series. 😞

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Nov 24, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2011
Yasuhiro- said:
I'm not impressed with this build ups. It's taking too long and only 3 eps left. Guess we won't be seeing some great villain. And what? they gonna kill off Mai now? Fuk, this Kei & Mai relationship is the thing I luv most in this series. 😞

Yeah I was thinking how there are only 3 episodes left and still no villain in sign besides the vague fox Arata sees in his mental trace sessions.
Nov 24, 2019 2:09 PM

May 2019
I have a feeling that the whole season might end on a cliffhanger. Hopefully this season becomes popular enough that we might get another season in future, hopefully by 2021 and urobochi also makes a return.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Nov 25, 2019 11:08 PM

Jul 2012
this entire episode is irie trying to provoke suspects and yayoi giving him dirty looks
Nov 26, 2019 12:23 AM

Sep 2019
This is the most screen time and lines yayoi ever got I feel. Another reason why I like this season so much more than season 2
Nov 26, 2019 4:19 AM

Jul 2016
adityush007 said:

The animation was pretty bad throughout
Nov 26, 2019 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
Yasuhiro- said:

Aren't Azusawa Koichi and the rest of bifrost the villains of this season?

Nov 26, 2019 5:40 AM
Nov 2018
Heimur said:
Yasuhiro- said:

Lol The heck you trying to say? Doesn't matter whoever dafuq villain is, they didn't have and won't have much screentime. That's the point.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Nov 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Oct 2017
Yasuhiro- said:
Heimur said:

Lol The heck you trying to say? Doesn't matter whoever dafuq villain is, they didn't have and won't have much screentime. That's the point.

Easy man, no need to be upset.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

131 by Beatnik »»
Sep 24, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

152 by Beatnik »»
Sep 23, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2019

167 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 15, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.