Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2019 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao, Haruo getting dragged around is hilarious.

He and Koharu had some cute moments together. Idk how to feel about the arcade and fighting games this episode. Some seemed all over the place but the satrical humor was funny. What a cliffhanger!
Stark700Nov 10, 2019 1:44 PM
Nov 8, 2019 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
kick, kick, kick, KO! kick, kick, kick, KO!
Though, it seems she couldn't KO Haruo.
Hidaka's expedition to Shibuya at night made her overly emotional and here comes the rival in love.

Actually, this show is made of quite primitive animation compared to, for example, Fate series that has no plot and charm. It also might be possible to make the show with Flash anime. But the outcome as a total expression was superb. Nice episode, especially the second half.
kuroneko99Nov 10, 2019 4:40 AM
Nov 8, 2019 7:20 PM

Mar 2016
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!! Ok, the part of Koharu and Haruo in the arcade was hilarious, she went full rage mode to those kids, also you got to love Makoto, she's funny as hell. The last minutes almost reached the spicy levels I remember having after watching domestic girlfriend. It's gonna be a looooooong week to find out what's next, or I could pick up the manga, I'm really tempted.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Nov 8, 2019 7:55 PM

Mar 2019
OH BOY, OH BOY....!!!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 9, 2019 6:07 AM
Jul 2019
------great---------
Nov 9, 2019 12:00 PM
Jan 2016
OH BOY, Great episode!

Oono's sister is so funny!

Hidaka rage mode after that taunt from blue haired girl, she managed to beat everyone in a ten streak!

Poor Oono she went there and didn't found Haruo, and only heard about Hidaka telling she was Haruo's boyfriend!

Hidaka managed to get Haruo on a "date", wasn't expecting that strong tease and spicy conversation from Hidaka, she wanted a bed, but seems Haruo declined!

That moment at the end was really a intense moment, Hidaka is crazy for Haruo, and obvious Oono have to see that, what a clifhanger ending, damn!

el_morris said:
The last minutes almost reached the spicy levels I remember having after watching domestic girlfriend.

I totally agree with you damn!

I really dont know what to think!
Nov 9, 2019 12:31 PM
Aug 2015
Stupid ep, it's getting worse and worse. :/

Who cares about blondie ? Who wares about the triangle ? Who cares about the romance ? Who cares about the first degree drama and the boring cliche that ends the ep ?

Except the joke on SF 3 it was sh*tty, braindead stupid and simply here for diluting.

Overall, a completely useless ep. :(
Nov 9, 2019 1:39 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn the scene with Hidaka was hot lol
Nov 9, 2019 3:47 PM
Feb 2019
el_morris said:
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!! Ok, the part of Koharu and Haruo in the arcade was hilarious, she went full rage mode to those kids, also you got to love Makoto, she's funny as hell. The last minutes almost reached the spicy levels I remember having after watching domestic girlfriend. It's gonna be a looooooong week to find out what's next, or I could pick up the manga, I'm really tempted.
Yep. Dont you love it when it gets left on a cliff hanger. Watching Donestic Girlfriend was painful for that reason.
Nov 9, 2019 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
Hidaka owning this episode.No idea how he resisted such an attack from her. Haruo is either asexual, prude AF, gay, or completely in love with Akira and needs to just admit it to everyone instead of torturing these poor girls.
Nov 9, 2019 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
Hidaka aint playing around no mo! She said fuck the subliminals!!
We're reaching the final stages of this amazing series.
Crazy how I picked up the manga around 2014 to Netflix being apart of it now.
Nov 9, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
Hidaka throwing herself at like a heat rash, woah, hold up bitch!

I don't know why she doesn't see Haruo doesn't love her, because now it's really torture. I feel sorry every time she does these pathetic stunts, it just makes her seem like a desperate obsessive hoe! Just end this series already, and put her out of her misery.

I can't believe this anime doesn't want to improve this eye raping animation, oh my eye's virginity!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2019 5:09 PM

Oct 2017
lihle808 said:
Hidaka throwing herself at like a heat rash, woah, hold up bitch!

I don't know why she doesn't see Haruo doesn't love her, because now it's really torture. I feel sorry every time she does these pathetic stunts, it just makes her seem like a desperate obsessive hoe!

She doesn't want to see that he doesn't love her. Subconsciously, she probably knows that, but if you've ever had an unrequited love for someone you will understand why she doesn't want to admit to the fact that he loves Oono, not her.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Nov 9, 2019 5:10 PM

Feb 2018
Kougeru said:
Hidaka owning this episode.No idea how he resisted such an attack from her. Haruo is either asexual, prude AF, gay, or completely in love with Akira and needs to just admit it to everyone instead of torturing these poor girls.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler but it's the last.

this episode was way more intense than I remember from the manga, poor Hidaka can't move on
Nov 9, 2019 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
It's obvious what it is, but he hasn't outright rejected Hidaka and that's the real problem. Honestly a jerk thing to do, but I can't really blame him.
Nov 9, 2019 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
Hidaka is in full burst mode. She clearly saw Akira and despeately want Hauro all for herself.

Dang, after each episode i cry and cry more... I don't think i will handle the last episodes.
Nov 9, 2019 7:54 PM

May 2016
Man, this episode... Holy shit. What a fucking gut punch...

Coming into this season the drama was initially feeling rather tired for me, but after thinking on it I can't disagree with any of it on any rational level at all--everything makes complete sense in regards to these characters and their behaviour here--and the execution is so good too... And I feel like with this episode especially I've been completely won over here.

You watch this realising it's completely hopeless for Hidaka, which makes this continued drama feel tiring - but the girl's young, and she's in love - and the show makes it clear she knows it's hopeless as well, as shown by her desperation ramping up and up as she continues to be denied and confronted with the truth... This episode was her finally resorting to going all out, and using absolutely everything she has to use (pressure, tears, sex appeal, seduction...), and man was it tough to watch...
She does obviously notice how Yaguchi is becoming more and more unhappy spending all this time away from Akira, and she does also see that no matter what she tries Yaguchi doesn't show any of that same interest and excitement he has in Akira, with her.

But, despite all this, he isn't ever actually putting his foot down against her either. And after all this time, he still isn't with Akira despite his apparent love. What's Hidaka to make of this? Could he be indecisive? Not really. But you know how love is when you're very young. You latch on to any slim hope you can find. And this all leads me to my main point and my main realisation with this season - this arc isn't even about Hidaka in the slightest, instead it's actually about Yaguchi, and him stepping up and realising HIS feelings; and making the choice that needs to be made here. Things wouldn't have ever gone like this if he were honest to himself and others from the start. And he's gotten this naive girl who takes so much after him (in video games and in behaviour), all wrapped up in his faults too.

But now, finally, with the end of this episode and this situation he's found himself in--where he has absolutely NO where to run to from these two people and their feelings in-front him (the core theme of his character, by the way - is constantly running away from and never confronting difficult things. Largely, towards arcades and games for the escapism... Recall back to his early school days with his grades - the only thing that EVER got him out of completely failing was the appearance of Akira) his hand is forced--and I think things will be changing from here.

In the end, this is a coming-of-age story. And Yaguchi more than anyone, has to grow up now and make some adult decisions!

Also, unrelated, but can I take a sec to say just how much I absolutely adore the OPs and EDs for this show? They tug at my heart every single time...
ZaugrNov 10, 2019 1:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2019 9:11 PM

Nov 2017
ahhh another hilarious episode.

Oono's sister is super fun to watch onscreen.
Will mayu-mayu be another love rival added to the story? lol that might be fun to watch but i prefer it with the two for now

Hidaka's date at the restaurant was really sweet too.
I don't want either of the girls to lose but damn,,,, im having such a tough time choosing best girl

helldraco said:

Who cares about blondie ? Who wares about the triangle ? Who cares about the romance ? Who cares about the first degree drama and the boring cliche that ends the ep ?

Except the joke on SF 3 it was sh*tty, braindead stupid and simply here for diluting.

What else were expecting from this season dude if not the romance and the drama? Do you watch this show for the video games?
You're probably teh only one here who hated this episode so much.
It was a great episode.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperNov 11, 2019 1:45 PM
Nov 9, 2019 9:58 PM

Jan 2019
It's been a while since an anime made me feel like this episode did, oh my this will be a long week.
Aside from that this new season has been a surprise after another for me a lot with how the story progresses and Haruo's romance(s?) finally taking a step forward where he really has to knowledge his own feelings and intervene.
Nov 9, 2019 11:31 PM

Oct 2017
Wow Hidaka became so aggressive and lol she is becoming more sadistic. This epi was really sweet specially the resturant part. Also damn that last part was breathtaking.
Nov 10, 2019 12:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode!

Hidaka is holding back no more both in games and "irl". Seeing her crush her opponents in rage mode was hilarious lol. Really cute how she didn't want to go back home so came up with the "I'm hungry" excuse to delay the onset there. "Boyfriend" hmm, good one there Hidaka.

I've no idea how Haruo wasn't tempted enough to not go into a love hotel after that xD. Damn, Oono watching it up close though, looks like some spicy stuff 'bout to go down next week!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 10, 2019 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
Primo_Itoko said:
Kougeru said:

I don't think it's a spoiler since the show makes it pretty clear he's in love with OOno. I haven't read the manga and it's still obvious to me.
Nov 10, 2019 5:48 AM

Oct 2008
This is just the third episode of S2 but Hidaka is godly AGGRESSIVE! then i was waiting for Akira to appear...then i said: "TOLD YAH!"
This is such a glorious episode!!!
5/5!

Nov 10, 2019 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Well, in today's episode Hidaka was perfect. Wasn't expecting such a sexually charged atmosphere.

I haven't yet figured out why best girls always lose but this episode was pretty great. I mean, I guess they wouldn't be able to write such good dialogue if the only girl was an autist who doesn't speak...
Nov 10, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2012
I cant stand the blond american bimbo. I cant wait for her to be beaten to the pulp she deserves. Not sure if i can stand much more of her very unpleasant and shallow character. I guess the author decided to test the readers/watchers....sure is testing me.. what was a unique and fun series is turning into a typical harem drag thru the mud. IF by any chance this blond monster wins i will delete every episode i have.

will be wary from now on for this episode just was over the top stupid.

Nov 10, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
Hidaka was funny in the challenge but the rest of the episode felt really boring. I'm seeing the same thing for too much time, almost dropping this anime if they don't make different content soon.
Squealer: My kind are neither slaves nor beasts.
Judge: If you’re not beasts, then what are you?
Squealer: WE ARE HUMANS!!!

Watashitachi wa ningen da!!!
Nov 10, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2017
Primo_Itoko said:
Kougeru said:

this episode was way more intense than I remember from the manga, poor Hidaka can't move on

i didnt even know this was based on a manga lol

do you remember which chapters were adapted in this episode? i would like to read further

Edit: Neverming, I found it.
Aniik8pv2Nov 10, 2019 11:37 AM
Nov 10, 2019 3:44 PM

Aug 2017
Harou how can you be so dense!
Ahh young love...Hidaka is so upfront of her feelings but about Akira!

Nov 10, 2019 7:30 PM

Aug 2015
Hidaka offers Haruo sex on a plate

me yelling at Haruo this whole episode:

After all that Hidaka goes through, Akira shows up. Damn, Hidaka is not getting that hug.
Nov 10, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2013
Makoto is still awesome and hilarious...and oooooh shit
Nov 10, 2019 10:44 PM
Mar 2015
Hidaka is trying to eat him while Oono gives him the evil eye
Nov 11, 2019 12:20 AM
Mar 2014
Great episode. I'm glad to see that things are moving along fairly well at a decent pace imo. I wasn't expecting Hidaka to go all out though. Maybe it's just me but it almost felt like the show was trying to compare and contrast the two girls this episode, more so in relation to how he ended up in a hotel with Akira that time she ran away from home compared to this episode where he was against it (for good reason I might add).

Granted, probably reading into it a bit much. I think we'll see some closure on Hidaka's part next time. There's absolutely no way that he'll give her a hug with Akira there. Even if she wasn't, hard to tell if he would too. He just doesn't feel the same way about her as Akira. I do hope he can be more honest with his feelings after this and I also hope that we'll still see Hidaka even if things go south next episode. As pushy as she can be, she's just that much in love with him and probably feels frustrated at the lack of reciprocation on his part even as she realizes that his heart belongs to Akira.
Nov 11, 2019 12:45 AM
May 2015
Aniik8pv2 said:
helldraco said:

What else were expecting from this season dude if not the romance and the drama? Do you watch this show for the video games?
You're probably teh only one here who hated this episode so much.
It was a great episode.

Its the opinion of someone who rates Akira in 4/10 tho. He clearly don't understand anything he watch
Nov 11, 2019 3:06 AM

Apr 2015
This is getting SPICY! OMG Hidaka!
Credits: @Fanatique1337
Nov 11, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2017
Hidaka being so aggressive in this episode was interesting. Nonetheless this show kinda went downhill for me in S2 so far since what captured me during S1 was the chemistry between Haruo and Oono and so far there weren't any proper interactions between them in this season. I'm not fan of this whole love triangle thing. That's the kind of thing that always destroys romance shows for me.

But ending of this episode was interesting, I wanna see what Haruo does, since at this rate that could very well sink one of the ships and either make the show good again or make it meh (since I'm just not fan of Haruo x Hidaka, even is she has gotten kinda better in HS). I just hope they won't try to go down some route where whatever happens next episode won't actually influence anything since that would make me really disappointed, even more so than Hidaka winning.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Nov 11, 2019 7:54 PM

Jun 2017
When someone says they want to be held/hold someone tight in Japanese, its like another way of saying they want to have sex. So literally Hidaka just shouted in public that she wanted to have sex with him. Just thought that was funny lmao
Nov 11, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
Hidaka got so much development but we all know she's not gonna win or is she?

Imagine if she knows that Haruo and Oono already sleep in a hotel in the past
Nov 12, 2019 4:39 AM

Nov 2013
Ling Xiaoyu <3

interesting episode i guess lol
that ending tho
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Nov 12, 2019 5:03 AM
Nov 2019
That end shot....

either way it concludes Haruo is going to be bitch-slapped by one of the girls that love him and he'll be oblivious why until Guile pops up and tells him he's an idiot.

Hidika is becoming what Oono's driver warns of, becoming aggressive and basically offering herself to Haruo on a plate (for him to just fall asleep if I interpreted the audio/subs correctly).

Not many episodes to run until the end - will it be the usual little rich girl falls for loser, he chooses her over the obvious love interest to have her family block it (probably by sending Oono abroad again) and leave him broken for the other girl to pickup?
Nov 12, 2019 9:38 AM
Jan 2019
FIRE!!! OMG! Damn Hidaka 😯.
Nov 12, 2019 7:08 PM
Nov 2019
this episode was a whole roller coaster ride and let me tell you, no cliffhanger ever made me that angry then this episode's cliffhanger. i love how it was executed so well to make me actually want to scream and now i have to wait in agony to watch the next episode
Nov 13, 2019 3:54 AM

Feb 2014
Hori shitto! I don't know how he managed to resist all her advances, especially in the restaurant. That scene with the thirsty af seductive Hidaka was done so well. Now this is how you do romance scenes.
I guess seeing that green haired girl try to seduce Haruo and steal his virginity finally broke her dam of restraint, now that it's not just her and Oono after him (even if she was just for fooling around).
Nov 13, 2019 4:54 AM

Jul 2017
Welp...Haruo being found about by Akira's sister of all people...but I'd admit she integrated into Shibuya faster than the speed of light. Haruo has to return to his homebase sooner than later, not just for games, but family too.

Oh, but wait, a battle to finish before leaving: the Mizunokuchi vs. Shibuya factions in extending their play areas. I'd say that Hidaka is impressive in her skills so much that the perfect all-kill results speak for themselves, even after facing Haruo again.

But determined to change his heart, Hidaka commences another round of dates...(only to break Akira's heart even further...?) That surely won't change his mindset on games for a living, for such a love-deprived boy such as Haruo.

Gonna really have to try hard here...and Hidaka going all-out is her testament to the hate-turned-love affair, while Haruo is caught in the "act" with Akira finally meeting him, IN THIS FASHION!?

To say that this episode exceeded my expectations is saying that I'm holding my breath especially at the final moment...what is that cliffhanger!? The three-way love triangle confrontation starts now...
Nov 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Feb 2018
Anyone else noticing the slight differences between the manga and anime? They're emphasizing Hidaka's feelings in the anime with extra scenes like in the restaurant scene where they focused on her fingers circling the water sensually and putting her foot on Haruo's.

I'm really happy they're not just directly copying scenes, but meaningfully adding to the authors themes and what he's trying to show with the added dimension of animation. It Shows they really understand what they're adapting and putting passion into it.

Also, music is top tier as usual and wow the voice acting really is great. Chinatsu Akasaki(Makoto's voice actor) is so good!!
Nov 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Jan 2017
Damn, she really put the full court press on my man lol. Had him in there trying his damndest to pivot the conversation back to videogames, but she wasn't going to be denied her time to let him know it's his for the taking.

I'm no shipper/best girl kind of guy, but I feel for her. I'd say she makes way more sense as a choice than Oono, but the heart (and the mangaka) wants what it wants.
Mendokusai
Nov 14, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2015
winddevil1 said:
Ling Xiaoyu <3

that ending tho

thats not Ling Xiaoyu lmao, they playin Fighting Vipers and her name is Candy

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Nov 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
LeturLefr said:
winddevil1 said:
Ling Xiaoyu <3

that ending tho

thats not Ling Xiaoyu lmao, they playin Fighting Vipers and her name is Candy

whatever, they look the same and use the same moves, so let me think of her haha
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Nov 15, 2019 7:18 AM

Dec 2016
OMG, Is that Honey??

Candy/Honey - Fighting Vipers

Honey the Cat - Sonic the Fighters

Even if Hidaka tries, her feelings won't reach Haruo. It seems like that girl who's hitting on Haruo from the enemie's side got on Hidaka's nerves X( But it was amazing she beat them all up without loosing a fight. It's obvious he likes Akira!

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 18, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
Best lines this episode:
"Get your hands off my boyfriend!"
"Soul Ecchi"

Great episode, and it's not like Yaguchi is dense, he already refused Hidaka because he loves Oono. They (Oono, Yaguchi) are in a weird relationship, they didn't kiss but I think they consider eachother a couple. Can't blame Hidaka for trying. I didn't expect that much of a drama, can't wait till next episode
Nov 24, 2019 7:46 AM
Feb 2009
well sht Hdaka really wanted that D!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

131 by JohnDimension »»
Aug 21, 3:38 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

35 by Hazamelis »»
May 26, 3:11 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

41 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

41 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.