Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this actually had more fan service than I had thought. The opening song had a strange eerie feeling to it...

Takuya seems like an ordinary person although I find him a bit weird especially when he took his clothes off in the classroom. We're also introduced to some others like Eriko and Mio this episode. Takuya's encounter of Yuno is even more weird with a kiss. I got mixed thoughts on this so far, will have to see how it goes rest of the season.
Stark700Apr 2, 2019 7:25 AM
Apr 2, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
They managed to fit the prologue into 1st episode. They skipped a lot, but it's only natural.
It wasn't bad (actually I really liked it), but it's way too early for being satisfied with this adaptation.
I didn't like how they used the soundtrack though.
About character design. I'm absolutely in love with Mio's design. The rest looks pretty solid too (even if I didn't like it at first glance).
rsc-plApr 2, 2019 2:19 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 2, 2019 8:54 AM
Jan 2018
rsc-pl said:
I didn't like how they used the soundtrack though.

Yeah. A lot of it was new, generic ambient music. At least they showed off some pieces from the actual game, notably the girl's theme, even though it was somewhat jarringly inserted.

The original tracks were half of the game's atmosphere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDhIt5xOhPg
Apr 2, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2012
Ok, not a bad start I guess.

They are merging the routes, having all characters interacting together and it felt kinda rushed compared to novel when you had a time to sink everything in... only time will tell if this is a good thing. Somehow I hope they won't create any plotholes by doing this.

Infodump about Reflector device was also omitted but maybe it would be explained better later.

Also, good thing they kept some bits of Umemoto music cause his soundtrack is godly (but it still left a lot to be deserved).

Well, let's see how they handle episode 2 as this was just prologue to the story. Me personaly, I hope they slow down a bit now that all the introduction is done.
Mich666Apr 2, 2019 9:23 AM
Apr 2, 2019 10:17 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned.
Please don't ask where to watch an episode or post links to subs/raws. For more information check the rules:

Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules:
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.

Site & Forum Guidelines:
I.1. Providing or requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material is not allowed.
Apr 2, 2019 10:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I can already see all of the idiots at ANN and all the feminazi's getting triggered by this MC and call him mysoginistic and crap lol

This was alright so far though, I don't think I disliked any character as of yet, and I like the MC a good much too so I'll stick with this for now
Apr 2, 2019 10:44 AM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
I can already see all of the idiots at ANN and all the feminazi's getting triggered by this MC and call him mysoginistic and crap lol

This was alright so far though, I don't think I disliked any character as of yet, and I like the MC a good much too so I'll stick with this for now

Nothing will ever beat Shield Hero in that matter. Thankfully Japan does not pander to NPCs.

Apr 2, 2019 10:47 AM

Sep 2015
The problem is that the original novel of Yu-no is VERY long, I would say even more than Chaos Child, so despite the 26 episodes, there will be few for an excellent adaptation.
Apr 2, 2019 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
Luna said:
Thread cleaned.
Please don't ask where to watch an episode or post links to subs/raws. ]

I assume that doesn't apply to legal streaming sites like FunimationNow and Crunchyroll...
Apr 2, 2019 11:32 AM
Apr 2018
Jumped into this without even reading the synopsis. I was pretty surprised. It's good and I'm sure I'm watching it.
Apr 2, 2019 12:13 PM

Jan 2016
Quick question, I was planning on getting the remake (game) but I'm not sure when it comes out.

I'm really curious about this though so should I just be content the with anime or is the remake so good thst I should just wait for it to be released and watch the Anime afterwards?
Apr 2, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2017
FireFistYK said:
Quick question, I was planning on getting the remake (game) but I'm not sure when it comes out.

I'm really curious about this though so should I just be content the with anime or is the remake so good thst I should just wait for it to be released and watch the Anime afterwards?

I think the anime adaptation is doing a fantastic job so far. As far as reading the VN, I don't think it's worth it to wait for the remake. However, I'd actually recommend playing the 1996 original version before watching the anime!

If you don't want to do that then watching the anime alone should suffice. This should be a high quality adaptation.
Apr 2, 2019 1:08 PM

May 2018
Ya know Yuki is quite too young to be Takuya's mom, so I'm guessing she is his stepmom, am I right????
Apr 2, 2019 1:09 PM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ya know Yuki is quite too young to be Takuya's mom, so I'm guessing she is his stepmom, am I right????

You mean Ayumi? They did mention that Takuya's parents are both dead, so... she would have to be his stepmom!
Apr 2, 2019 2:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is about as far as I remember reading into the original 1996 VN many years ago before I gave up on it due to how outdated it felt lol

I'd love to play the remake when it comes out in English, just not sure how exactly that'll time relative to the anime (it's scheduled for sometime in 2019 at least)
Apr 2, 2019 2:56 PM

Oct 2017
Well I'll have to agree this is a nice start! And we get straight into action with the parallel universes!

I think I'll be good with 26 episodes, its rare for VNs to get adapted nowadays, and even for 2 cours (well they'd have to for something like this.) I'll probably play this afterwards knowing the modern re-make is in works.
Apr 2, 2019 3:07 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Thankfully i still got to watch it today.

I'm very intrigued, i had big expectations for this since it's right up my alley.

Takuya so far is a good and quirky MC, he definitely doesn't seem like a pushover and can deal fairly well with any kind of woman.

The women are definitely all very connected to the plot that's going on here.

Music is nice as well, i assume they didn't actually use that much pieces of the source material (heard it has great music also) but still was good.

Strong start IMO.
Apr 2, 2019 3:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, this actually had more fan service than I had thought.

this is how every anime should be...

anyway

i was gonna say how excited i got when i saw the score drop... im probably the only person on this site who feels that way

that is one FINE ASS sensei... and her outfit is fire... mmmm... dat garter and dat cleavage<3

EcchiGodMamsterApr 2, 2019 3:15 PM
Apr 2, 2019 3:14 PM

Jan 2018
Really interesting way to start the show. Although rushed, they seemed to cover the entire prologue so now everything else will be story furthering it. The characters, although cliche, are pretty cool as well. Main character is great haha. Really mysterious vibe to the show, especially the last 5 minutes. Reminds me a lot of how Re:Zero started, but in a unique and different way than anything else like it. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Sep 2018
So hot teachers,students,elf girl,kinda perverted MC, isekai travel device...

Sounds good to me :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 2, 2019 3:55 PM
Dec 2018
This is a pretty nice anime! The beginning isn't bad.
Btw, speaking of the MC's name, Arima, anyone thought about your lie in April?
Apr 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
I really like it when the MC is openly perverted, unfortuntely this is kinda rare nowadays. And thank goodness he didn't freak out over a kiss.

Sensei seems to have a fun personality too and she's hot as well.

I guess this will turn into a clusterfuck sooner or later, but as of now it's pretty alright.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 2, 2019 4:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
i was gonna say how excited i got when i saw the score drop... im probably the only person on this site who feels that way
I mean you realize it still has less than 100 votes for it right? The score means basically nothing yet, it could be above 9 or below 6 at this stage and it wouldn't change anything in practice lol
Apr 2, 2019 4:28 PM

May 2017
FMmatron said:
I really like it when the MC is openly perverted, unfortuntely this is kinda rare nowadays. And thank goodness he didn't freak out over a kiss.

Sensei seems to have a fun personality too and she's hot as well.

I guess this will turn into a clusterfuck sooner or later, but as of now it's pretty alright.

It's going to be great!
Apr 2, 2019 4:46 PM

Mar 2019
Pretty uneventful first episode besides the last five minutes, will keep watching for now.

Lol finds a naked girl on the beach "is that my dad in disguise?"
Apr 2, 2019 4:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HaXXspetten said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
I mean you realize it still has less than 100 votes for it right? The score means basically nothing yet, it could be above 9 or below 6 at this stage and it wouldn't change anything in practice lol

when i first looked, it had like an 8.5 or something and is now at a 6.95 that shit ain't going up lol

most anime start off with high scores then they drop w/e degree
Apr 2, 2019 4:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I was planning on playing the VN before the anime aired, but the older art style was a bit unmotivating. I'll still play it though, since the english release of the remake VN will probably be out after the anime ends.

Good start overall. The pace seems fast, but with a 2-cour series, they might slow down since they might've wanted to get the premise set up by the first episode.
Apr 2, 2019 4:57 PM
Feb 2012
anytime I see a VN adaptation with one guy and bunch of girls I know that studio feel is at it again
it's like Doga Kobo animating loli
Apr 2, 2019 5:07 PM

Jun 2012
That moment you realize that the anime is related to a hentai :o
Apr 2, 2019 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
This was actually not bad. I was invested in what was going on and it had a good old anime feeling.
Apr 2, 2019 5:50 PM
Aug 2018
Why is the show at a 6.85 rating I thought that the first episode was really good
Apr 2, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
HaXXspetten said:

when i first looked, it had like an 8.5 or something and is now at a 6.95 that shit ain't going up lol

It's ridiculous for people to rate something after one episode lol
Apr 2, 2019 6:14 PM

May 2017
LoganMcClure21 said:
Why is the show at a 6.85 rating I thought that the first episode was really good

Because ratings are pointless and don't matter until the show has finished airing :)
Apr 2, 2019 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
LoganMcClure21 said:

MAL kids generally have shit taste if you haven't already figured out already.
Apr 2, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2015
Swizze said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

MAL should prohibit scoring series that have not ended, it seems stupid.
Apr 2, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2016
This remake sucks

Just kano get better
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Apr 2, 2019 6:55 PM

Mar 2019
Nayout said:
Swizze said:

Agreed it's like reviewing a movie after 5 minutes, getting up and leaving and scoring it as well.
Apr 2, 2019 7:06 PM

Sep 2015
Felix-san said:
This remake sucks

Just kano get better

I regret to say but the art of the visual novels of the 90s has always seemed horrible to me and is one of the reasons why I almost do not play novels of those years.

It seems the same with Langrisser (although in this case the art of Urushihara I like for girls), I prefer by far the design of the mobage or the remake (Nagy) before the old art that made men look like women without tits
Apr 2, 2019 7:32 PM

Jul 2015
Visual Novel adaptations usually go downhill. Let's see how it goes for a few episodes.

Apr 2, 2019 7:41 PM
Jul 2018
Felix-san said:
This remake sucks

Just kano get better

No offense but I KINDA hate the old designs as the body proportions are pretty off-putting to look off. It's extremely outdated to me.

I'm just putting my two cents here.
Apr 2, 2019 8:51 PM

Feb 2018
it's funny that i predicted the naked girl before she appeared , interesting nonetheless .
Apr 2, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2016
That wasn't a good start. There were already red flags at the beginning of this episode. I have so many questions like why that teacher is allowed to dress like that. And looks like we have another Sakuta this season, a complete asshole towards girls.

That first episode was really predictable. I really hope things change, they have 25 more episodes to fix it if they can.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 2, 2019 9:16 PM

May 2018
Well, it was an interesting start. We'll see how this one develops.
Apr 2, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
blmatsu said:
Wasshio said:

No offense but I KINDA hate the old designs as the body proportions are pretty off-putting to look off. It's extremely outdated to me.

I'm just putting my two cents here.
The old art style is very distinct and has its own charm imo.

Fair.

But on the other hand this distinction really outdated itself pretty badly. Especially with particular body proportions that seem extremely off-putting. Besides I'm more into the new designs because they seem to be more proportionated and have more of a proper modeling than the OG designs but this is just my own two cents.
Apr 2, 2019 11:17 PM
Sep 2018
Swizze said:
Nayout said:

Agreed it's like reviewing a movie after 5 minutes, getting up and leaving and scoring it as well.
You do realise people can change there score, right? It's just a first impression.
Apr 3, 2019 12:23 AM

Mar 2009
Do all the adults want to fuck the MC or something? Interesting interactions...
Apr 3, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 2019
DumpsterKing said:
Swizze said:

You do realise people can change there score, right? It's just a first impression.

Yeah I realise that, just find it odd regardless. It's only one episode. Each to their own though.
Apr 3, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2019
blmatsu said:
The low score is laughable. Other than the lame perv moments and huge amount of female characters, the ep was a pretty good setup for what's to come. I expect this to be better than Steins;Gate

Better than steins gate? Lol is this suppose to be that good?
Apr 3, 2019 12:37 AM
Oct 2018
This show looks like steins;gate and Re:Zero retarded offspring
Apr 3, 2019 12:47 AM

Oct 2017
Swizze said:

Better than steins gate? Lol is this suppose to be that good?

Bruh, without YU-NO Visual Novel you wouldn't even have Steins;Gate and a whole lot of other VNs/eroges.

porksausage said:
This show looks like steins;gate and Re:Zero retarded offspring

Looks like people on MAL (or reddit) can't read.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.