Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2018 3:21 PM

Jan 2015
I think its fine, but there's that weird feeling that something is not right... I dont know what exactly but the anime just doesnt feel amazing or exciting? maybe because there is no contest and MC is having it way too easy and somehow everyone love him way too much despite for him not doing anything that amazing? Since it is a light novel adaptation, i do wonder if maybe they are rushing a lot and leaving lots of explanations that it feels kinda off and it feels very confusing a lot of the times.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2018 3:24 PM

Apr 2016
Its an light novel adaptation.
Feb 3, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2013
In this day & age I'd say it's pretty hard for a fantasy anime,especially a LN adaptation to truly impress people unless it does a few really unexpected things ~ maybe have a very wierd & entertaining MC/duo, some type of magic/power that makes ppl go "WTF?" and they can meme about it, etc.

But this anime ain't looking to break any boundaries and instead seems to just be looking to be an overall solid fantasy. And I'd say it's doing a pretty good job so far! I mean,2 cours to work with, plenty of world building,decent fight scenes & some chemistry between our two main character ~ and I guess that's where the my main issue lies up until now(ep5 as of this post):

I have no idea if the anime intends to push Siluca & Theo's relationship much further than a lord & mage who see eye-to-eye but I'd hope they do ~ obviously some romance would be much welcomed here, since they get along fine enough already that there's not much further their relationship can go without it. At this pace it'll be a fairly solid fantasy anime with plenty of time to showcase it's world(which is welcomed tbh after all these isekai shows or 1 cour fantasy LN rush-jobs) but it still won't be enough to actually stand out.

So yeah, ughhh... Some further progression between Theo & Siluca's current relationship of to give the show a much needed spark. The progression should come naturally from whatever upcoming hurdles they'll be put through, assuming the anime cares enough about that to focus on it in the 1st place.
Feb 3, 2018 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
So far it's mostly alright with me. I'm actually a fan of the fast pace. They really don't waste any time with moving the plot. What I don't like is how the MC has been relegated to a servant boy. It really irked me how, despite how MC exchanged his kingdom for a single mage girl, the Duke of Artuk still managed to push in the clause "but she'll still be treated as my mage." What the hell is the point then?

In the last episode (5), MC was dusting books like some maid! If MC doesn't regain some semblance of independence, I'll drop this show.
NainFeb 3, 2018 9:44 PM
Feb 3, 2018 10:38 PM

Dec 2014
Hate how fast paced the show is and nothing is properly explained would like to see some of the characters back stories and really can't stand how Theo is favourited by everyone when he actually hasn't done anything for me it is all Siluca
Feb 3, 2018 11:31 PM

Sep 2014
^^^

Aye, I agree with that guy. It's way too fast paced. Theo getting loved by everyone despite him doing nothing. It also had to do with the new episode. It doesn't stay in one place enough for you to care what the plot is. The first 3 episodes they got attacked 3x and then next episode he moves on to another thing, and it's just boring to keep up because there's no incentive for you to keep track of what's happening.
Feb 4, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2013
zoeanime13 said:
Hate how fast paced the show is and nothing is properly explained would like to see some of the characters back stories and really can't stand how Theo is favourited by everyone when he actually hasn't done anything for me it is all Siluca

The pace is definitely fast and I think the reason why i feel most things aren't properly explained is also due to the pace. Imo it's more accurate to say that there are things that haven't been properly explained yet, but there are definitely things that have been explained but the explanation seems lackluster due to the pace being too fast. But I also think the way the story is progressing, it also give some benefits to the show. It's a double-edged sword imo.
And for Theo I also agree that he hasn't done that much to be favourited by everyone. But I feel the point the show want to make is Theo has the potential quality to be a leader that draws everyone around him (which is I understand most watchers probably would not really agree). Let's just hope that he would later become the leader of himself instead of relying too much on Siluca and shows that he can realize his potential.
Feb 4, 2018 4:36 AM

Aug 2017
1) The pacing is so fast.

2) Generic male MC with generic female MC.

3) Plot holes.

4) Boring fights.

5) Plot over the place in the first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2018 9:07 AM
Apr 2015
Usually the series falls on the MC and this character is just dull and unappealing. There's not much personality to him, I have no clue why so many are willing to follow him. He shows drive at first to build his standing then seems contempt with giving it away. The side characters are really good, especially the twins. Let's hope the MC grows a pair.
Feb 4, 2018 9:10 AM
Apr 2015
Elegade said:
^^^

Aye, I agree with that guy. It's way too fast paced. Theo getting loved by everyone despite him doing nothing. It also had to do with the new episode. It doesn't stay in one place enough for you to care what the plot is. The first 3 episodes they got attacked 3x and then next episode he moves on to another thing, and it's just boring to keep up because there's no incentive for you to keep track of what's happening.

They did skip over a bit of the manga material where he interacted with the townspeople and some of the fighting where he showed a little more valor, but yeah, I agree he doesn't show much merit.
Feb 4, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2015
TriZen said:

The pace is definitely fast and I think the reason why i feel most things aren't properly explained is also due to the pace. Imo it's more accurate to say that there are things that haven't been properly explained yet

It's an adaptation of a books series by Mizuno. Nobody should have expected it to integrate the backstory or magic/whatever explanations that the author certainly gave in his novels (through short character thoughts or at the occasion of some description).
Lodoss was stripped from most of those things too, it was still a very nice collection of OAVs.

@Ecchi-wow-wa Do we know if those things of the manga were in the original books?
Feb 4, 2018 5:25 PM
Dec 2013
I like this show. It's not amazing but it's watchable. The pacing is breakneck though which is a positive and negative. I'll see it through.
Feb 5, 2018 11:32 PM
Sep 2016
To be fair, it seems there's something wrong with me. Quite a few friends have recommended me this anime, saying it's awesome and whatnot, but I could barely stand the first episode, and the second just gave me cancer.

Am I too demanding, for asking for just a tiny little bit of common sense in a story's narrative? In the first episode alone, that Theo guy shows up out of nowhere, white knights the shit out of that mage girl in front of the hired thugs, and then she procedes to nullify her pre-contract agreement with some important noble lord, so that she can prostrate herself before Mr White Knight and declare her utmost loyalty to him. A guy she just met.

AND THEN THEY PROCEDE TO TAKE OVER A CASTLE. A FREAKING STONE CASTLE. WITH JUST THREE PEOPLE.

This makes absolutely zero sense. You don't just take a castle with three people. And you don't just then defend it with FOUR PEOPLE, AGAINST FIFTY, BY SALLYING OUT AND MEETING THE ENEMY IN THE FIELD. I can't just suspend my disbelief over such a blatant disregard for common sense. What kind of delusional, detached from reality moron wrote Grancrest Senki?
Feb 6, 2018 12:07 AM
Apr 2015
zoeanime13 said:

Because the anime leaves out why he was so liked. Matter of fact they leave out all of the depth that is needed to explain what going on. It’s a shame because that’s what it’s meant to be about, it is more the goings on and the progress of relationships and the tactics used in warfare not action scenes that try to come off flashy.
Feb 6, 2018 3:35 AM
Jul 2017
The male MC is ugly and not appealing.
The female Mc is too pretty and over-outstanding.

All supporting male characters are more handsome than MC (especilally Irvin and three young male werewolf in recent episode, idk)

I am kinda disappointed because Irvin become a butler :( but it's OK because he reminds me of Sebastian! And he got twin females as new maid-partner!

Afterall, I like this fast-paced story so I don't drop this.
Feb 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2017
JamesKoach said:
To be fair, it seems there's something wrong with me. Quite a few friends have recommended me this anime, saying it's awesome and whatnot, but I could barely stand the first episode, and the second just gave me cancer.

Am I too demanding, for asking for just a tiny little bit of common sense in a story's narrative? In the first episode alone, that Theo guy shows up out of nowhere, white knights the shit out of that mage girl in front of the hired thugs, and then she procedes to nullify her pre-contract agreement with some important noble lord, so that she can prostrate herself before Mr White Knight and declare her utmost loyalty to him. A guy she just met.

AND THEN THEY PROCEDE TO TAKE OVER A CASTLE. A FREAKING STONE CASTLE. WITH JUST THREE PEOPLE.

This makes absolutely zero sense. You don't just take a castle with three people. And you don't just then defend it with FOUR PEOPLE, AGAINST FIFTY, BY SALLYING OUT AND MEETING THE ENEMY IN THE FIELD. I can't just suspend my disbelief over such a blatant disregard for common sense. What kind of delusional, detached from reality moron wrote Grancrest Senki?

SAY IT LOUDER! It's amazing how nothing makes sense in this anime, plus for the people saying we need a deeper relationship between the two Mcs just : please NO.
Feb 10, 2018 12:31 AM

Mar 2014
The show is not too bad for me but if there is one thing(or probably the only thing) I don't like is the hero. He feels like a useless pathetic character, I don't see any development or interest for him
Feb 11, 2018 9:53 AM

Mar 2012
Ridiculous pacing. In the first 5 episodes this show blitzed through so much content it's hard to grow attached to anything/anyone. Then in episode 6 it inexplicably spent more than half the episode on just Villar and Margaret. Which is fine. But did the producers really just rush through the entire developmental stage between Theo and Siluca so it could devote time to side characters?
Feb 12, 2018 12:46 AM
Jul 2011
This show is so weird.
All characters are acting on a whim or by some strange logic. The the governing system and the political decisions are making no sense.

Maybe the books are better but what I see here is a mess.
Feb 12, 2018 8:53 AM

Jul 2015
First of all, the show is watchable, but there is lack of as many say "something".
Even though the show is fast paced, as many have pointed out before, nothing really happens? Wand what happens is very bland and not exciting? We all have seen stories like this many times and as one of the previous comments already said - this show is not here to make something new and ground breaking, BUT a bit more excitement from a show about knights and magic would not harm, would it?
I would say there is a lack of proper structure and reasoning. The idea itself - the transferring of seals, ranking up and all that is very interesting, HOWEVER it doesn't feel like it's fully developed in this adaptation (I believe the source material is better as people say).
It's very unclear how exactly the operating of the whole country goes, how are different mages different exactly. Also what makes the main male character so admirable apart from him being the main character. Why is the female lead so special and also enchanted by Teo? How can they win ridiculous fights if not by some magical (I'm using this term loosely) ability. And if the main heroine is so amazing, how come she is holding back her magic power so much?
A lot of questions that I HOPE will be answered in these 24 episodes and this won't go nowhere... as slow as it's going now.
Feb 14, 2018 5:35 AM
Feb 2011
First off, the LN did suffer from some narrative problem for some of the initial conflicts which sort of got clearer later, but the anime adaptation went beyond suffering and already sacrificed various plot hooks needed for the grand scheme of things.

For the record, episode 5 covered entire volume 2 and we are now at volume 3 in episode 6, which should be completed by next episode. I think they intend to cover 10 books (only 9 released thus far though).

A number of questions and doubts mentioned here can be explained. Such as why Siluca followed Theo, whether she is really strong, how the systems work etc. Romance matters come up in volume 4 so sit tight for that.

As for more detailed world mechanics such as crests, magic, etc. they are largely covered in the TRPG game books while depicted in novelized fashion in the LN. The TRPG also gave a base framework for setting but the novels delve deeper into them.
Feb 14, 2018 6:24 PM

Jul 2017
I do agree with you in the sense that it's something to do with the MC.

idk, he just kinda feels like...there. Like there's literally nothing that stands out about him and he kinda justs sits in the corner and just lays there. Hell he's more of a side character than the side characters are
Feb 16, 2018 10:45 AM

May 2015
I think we can all agree on just the pacing of the show.Things really happened too fast another thing is the MC is being overshadowed by other characters he feels more of a side character nothing really impresses me about him.He's your generic good guy without anything to enforce his principles anyway other than those things Its a good show that I seem to enjoy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2018 2:25 PM

Sep 2015
One word: Generic
Mar 3, 2018 1:21 AM

Dec 2015
It definitely is the pacing. Shoukoku no Altair was boring in the beginning. But not becaus of the pacing. Because of what happened. It got better a lot later. I saw even the score on MAL there is up from below 7 to 7.5 now.

Heard the novel here will end soon with volume 10 and maybe they want to do a full adaption? Pacing definitely is weird cause there is a lot of stuff missing.

It does not "connect". Feels like jumping between different scenes without smooth progress.

For example in the latest episode (9): We all know Theo and Siluca were made for each other. But that love confession was too sudden. Lack in scenes before that show them interacting to build it up better.

Then the warrior prince guy (Milza or whatever his name was): Suddenly wanting to have sex with Marrine. They should have showed more of him earlier. Him having sex with prostitutes or taking some women that want him. (I'm sure a lot of girls like him. He's strong and sexy.)

Feels like tons of chars + skipping through the plot. Where the chars would need more depth. That said: I didn't like the Lodoss War anime that much where the novel was from the same author. (But anime was better paced.) It is only famous here cause it was one of the first "real" anime in that aired in TV (I think with subs) in my country years ago.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. Alderamin. All those were a lot better. Even harem + action + fantasy like Madan no Ou to Vanadis: I liked that a lot.

Long term I'd say I might lower my score to 5-6. Still 7 now but I should do a revision of all my scores of the currently watching stuff later or just now after posting this post. This will go to 6 then.
Mar 3, 2018 5:08 AM

May 2012
My only issue was that it is rushed. However, the last few episodes did not feel too rushed, and episode 9 was best so far

I'm enjoying the anime. I say that it deserve around 7/10
Mar 3, 2018 10:39 AM
May 2016
Yeah it's the MCs, I think they didn't do a good job of giving us a reason to root for them and justifying them being in the "right" other than them being the MCs. I actually like Marrine and Milza better than Siluca and Theo, and not just being a contrarian since I like Alexis more than them too.

I think it's because of the framing, Marrine and Milza do some ruthless or "evil" things but they're portrayed as the villains so that's expected and Alexis is a genuine good guy who wants peace. Meanwhile Theo and Siluca... go around being the aggressors and conquering lands and killing hundreds (or thousands) of people who weren't directly threatening them but because Theo wants to "get rid of chaos" and Siluca... what, wants to be at the side of greatness? Our MCs don't really seem that much better from the "bad guys" when it comes down to it and we're just supposed to support them because they're the protagonists, sure Theo's motivation may be good-intentioned but so are those of many villains, heck Marrine's are arguably more rooted in reality.

It might have helped if it was better established how bad Rossini is and how motivated Theo is to stop him, I don't like how it looks like he will end up being a throwaway villain when he was supposed to be an important part of Theo's motivation - the vampire king and witch who will probably be the "true"/final villains also seem generic so far. Things also come too easily to the MCs where they keep winning without having to suffer, if they had to struggle and had some desperate moments it would probably be easier to sympathize with them instead of it coming off like a childish power fantasy of some kids running amok (being more disruptive to the peace of the realm than the villains initially were even) without any moral ambiguity or repercussions.

At this point the best thing about the series is that Marrine looks awesome in her battle dress, still watching since it''s a rare non-isekai fantasy anime though. It'll be sad to watch her get defeated by Theo and co. lol
gluttonMar 3, 2018 11:14 AM
Mar 3, 2018 10:56 AM
Dec 2016
for me this anime first impression is the best..but after watch and see boring fight between MC useless no power just only can use sword...but the most shocking viewers is NTR like Sword Art Online Season 1 total shit last episode we see asuna trap in SAO server and get rape by prof what we call i dono..i think this happen because same author god damm japan people so crazy about NTR and rapxxx
Mar 3, 2018 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Grancrest Senki was a series I was hoping to like because I enjoy the setting of medieval times with some supernatural stuff added in. Plus there's a wealth of good characters in this series but it ultimately failed in my eyes thanks to the pacing and the fact that there is a lot of wasted potential with how long characters are on-screen and then tossed aside for some random advancement with the plot. It feels like it's nothing but plot devices that are gathered around for certain moments then left to wither away in the dust once they served their purpose. I couldn't handle it anymore after episode 5.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 4, 2018 3:31 AM

May 2009
smhmkkh said:
It was a great one until that fucking author broke it with raping. I am not watching that anime anymore, i feel mad, sad, angry and disgust by that last 3 min of episode 9. The whole anime shouldn't have existed, if they planned to do that sceen from the beginning. Die Rapers Die

There was no rape, she consented.
Mar 4, 2018 7:09 AM
Dec 2016
don't see my spoiler on volume 7...hahah..u will stop watching after see my spoil..

Mar 4, 2018 1:36 PM
Apr 2016
smhmkkh said:
It was a great one until that fucking author broke it with raping. I am not watching that anime anymore, i feel mad, sad, angry and disgust by that last 3 min of episode 9. The whole anime shouldn't have existed, if they planned to do that sceen from the beginning. Die Rapers Die

I know how you feel I wanna spoil you the LN but nvm because the ending might shock you

episode 9
The second part focusing more on ambition of Marrine and lengths she was willing to go to in order to achieve her goal of uniting the continent and thus uniting the crests.

This scene where she approved the usage of Miasma, was interesting. The scene rubbed me the wrong way and this one character summed up my thinking at the time when he said " is this how the continent's most powerful knights fight". Though, I guess it was the most efficient strategy because it effectively incapacitated the union soldiers and saved the forces of the Alliance from any casualties.
Mar 4, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
Even as someone who feels relatively positive about this series (for some of its ideas and characters), this series is god awful at pacing. Over the years I've found that series that start out slow have a much better curve later on. Because when you start out slow you actually have time to present the worldview and the characters to your audience. The more your audience understands the foundations of the story you're trying to tell, the more likely they will immerse in your storytelling when you actually get to the good parts. So many adaptations tend to rush the beginning thinking the audience will want to get to the juicy parts. But if you're watching something and that something doesn't capture your interests right away, why would you even care as the story goes on? Grancrest suffers from this in a huge way. The first 6 episodes were almost nonsensical. I would say the last few episodes have been better, but for a war series it just hasn't done setting well enough and a lot of characters seem to be left on the side.

Not that this is a bad series. The planning at the beginning was awful.
Mar 4, 2018 8:37 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
The same issue I have with Code Geass: the pacing is fucking terrible. The curious question (at least to me anyway) is why Code Geass gets away with it, but this doesn't.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Mar 5, 2018 11:27 AM
Apr 2016
smhmkkh said:
AsT5 said:

I know how you feel I wanna spoil you the LN but nvm because the ending might shock you

episode 9
The second part focusing more on ambition of Marrine and lengths she was willing to go to in order to achieve her goal of uniting the continent and thus uniting the crests.

This scene where she approved the usage of Miasma, was interesting. The scene rubbed me the wrong way and this one character summed up my thinking at the time when he said " is this how the continent's most powerful knights fight". Though, I guess it was the most efficient strategy because it effectively incapacitated the union soldiers and saved the forces of the Alliance from any casualties.
I understand but to be honest this is too much for me to handle, I feel awful every time i remember it, which is a lot of time, this is the second anime that does it to me, even thought it have been soo long since that one i still remember and it disgust me.
I will only keep watching it if it turned out to be just a bad dream, as you probably have guessed by now i am sensitive when it comes to super happy ending. It's just me but.... it's me.

yeah i felt the same things while watching those last parts of ep 9
that's why i m planning to hold it until it finishes
because vol 7,8,9 sales were good for this one thats why i m goona watch it when its done airing
Mar 5, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2016
smhmkkh said:
bastek66 said:

wtf is wrong with your consent, ofc she did since she was emotionally unstable + if using peoples weakness to fuck them. I don't know about you but I am 100% sure it's lies in rape section of international law.

some people says its rape and some say its not
i say it wasn't a rape as she agreed to sleep with him to gain his support
she didn't had choice and her resolved to forget alexsis and unite her kingdom made her do that
she was disgusted towards herself as what the hell was she doing to get power,the name
"black princess" suites her
and LN doesn't even focuses on that shitty thing(yeah they mentioned it thats it)
people didn't gave a fuck to that sex in LN
Mar 17, 2018 4:23 AM

Aug 2012
lack of military strategy and too many cucks
Mar 17, 2018 5:15 AM

Jan 2013
The MC. Fuck that wimp.

The pacing. In the four episodes I've watched, this anime has been the equivalent of a 24 episode anime story wise. They need to chill.

Cringy moments between the MC and the MC-dette.
Mar 17, 2018 2:38 PM

Oct 2014
The pacing is insane. In one episode we might be introduced to a slew of new characters, then watch them get entirely killed off by the end of that episode. It's like the story is constantly rushing and rushing to get through the light novel chapters without caring how us viewers experience it.

There are some good parts to it, Theo and Lacia's plotline is fine, enjoyable even. But so much of it is so underdone then gone before we can even process what we just experienced. I'd say this is the kind of story that needed 24 episodes, but like it already does so what is the rush?!! To top it off, the dialogue, character designs, and setting are quite generic. Some main characters stand out with charisma but others just sink into the background to be forgotten.

But it's also directed by the guy who did Rakugo so there are some well done moments mixed in. If you're even willing to watch it that is.
Mar 17, 2018 2:41 PM

Dec 2007
I have no issue with the anime, it keeps getting better.
Lot of ppl complain about the pacing, loooool if it were slower they would complain about seeing moar of lot of Theo.
The pacing is good and story is not focused around a MC that keep sulking and hesitating so even if I don't like him, it's ok if he stays as Siluca's puppet.

Other MC are a good cast. I have especially appreciated Solon's charge against Waldlind, though tactically dumb. It's what I do when I play age of empires.

Apr 6, 2018 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
I don’t really have any issue with the pacing at all, I think it’s just fine, same with the character developments and the storyline developments!

A-1 Pictures always get their action fantasy genre of series spot-on for my own personal liking!
Apr 7, 2018 4:44 PM

Jan 2015
I feel pacing is off for me. Should of been 2 cours, 25 episodes each. Sometimes it feels everything is too conveniently and fastly done. But I still like it, I feel like the story is pretty good, even if I do sometimes have to use my imagination/rationalization to add things up.
pufonDApr 7, 2018 4:47 PM
Apr 8, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 2018
smhmkkh said:
bastek66 said:

wtf is wrong with your consent, ofc she did since she was emotionally unstable + if using peoples weakness to fuck them. I don't know about you but I am 100% sure it's lies in rape section of international law.

dude there was no fucking rape... ANd to totally bad mouth an anime coz you weren't able to handle an edge scene it's weitd... also as someone pointed out earlier Code Geass had pacing issues in the beginning too strange how it got away with that and people are bombarding this anime coz of pacing issues and an edgy scene... Grow up and make up your minds
Apr 10, 2018 11:34 AM
Jan 2018
It's just that i don't get why they are even fighting?!

The Leader of both sides are in Love with each other, but prefer to fight each other? Maybe I'm to stupid for this, but i really don't get the Point in this?

Apr 11, 2018 12:17 PM
Mar 2018
they tried solving the issue peacefully by getting married and we all know how that turned out...now they feel like the only way way they can united the crests is by force...
Apr 13, 2018 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
I've liked it quite a bit from the beginning, despite it's low rankings. I always had a knack of finding jewels where the general opinion says it's only mud.

Now (ep 14), I feel that it's becoming better and better so there is no way I won't wait for this every week.
May 11, 2018 3:14 PM
Sep 2010
I love this anime and i think you should stop reading reviews and peoples opinions which use crap like pacing to determine if an anime is good or bad, they are not professionals, they neither are scriptwriters, directors nor professional critics. All their reviews and opinions are only SUBJECTIVE ones and not objective. And using words like pacing in a subjective review or opinion makes everything they say pure spam.

Also ppl should stop crying that a LN adaptation protagonist is too overpowered and gets everything done very easy, thats how LN are, dont like that dont watch any LN adaptation cause it wil bel full of same cliches. LN are meant to be easy to get into and fast to read, so backstories are almost always thrown out of the window in them. Its similar to how every shounen manga protagonist starts from zero but has some hidden talent or power which he has to either awekan or train.
ShineekMay 11, 2018 3:22 PM
May 11, 2018 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
I tend agree with most of what @Shineek 's noted- seeing as most reviews are sitting at episode 2 or 4 or 9 and none past (I really wish they would implement a system for animes where it has to finish airing to post a review - though I know its unrealistic they will do so)

I have my 'issues' with the anime adaption but im also enjoying it a great deal nothing is flawless - I find the characters growth and interactions well done - the world building for the time constraints has been acceptable - the music and art are fantastic - and I find the overall characters themselves in their various roles to be fun to watch. As well as the series 'concept' itself to be intriguing.

I understand the pacing complaints but.. 10 LN Volumes in 23 episodes - we all kinda knew what were getting into with that department no?
sirwenceMay 11, 2018 6:38 PM
May 11, 2018 7:28 PM
Sep 2010
sirwence said:
I understand the pacing complaints but.. 10 LN Volumes in 23 episodes - we all kinda knew what were getting into with that department no?

1. It actually depends on the anime, Re zero did 10 volumes of LN in 25 as well, and it got high reviews. Something like pacing is actually bullshit and lie, it all depends on the persons personal tastes. Pacing is a word that can be used in objective review, but as said they are not pros.
2. Kinda funny since after that one "sex" scene i knew the anime will get worse and worse reviews, am i really the only one who noticed that any anime including any sex or rape will get burned down?
3. Notice the discrepancies between the actual score and the review text, i rarely see a review which the content and the score match up. Many ppl here treat 7 as the average score, and there are those who say average anime are bad. By definition something average is neither bad nor good, and even bad anime can still be watchable, look at Mahou Shoujo Site its so bad that its actually funny.

I dont know what my final rating for this anime will be, but currently it sits at 8/10, and the newest episode actually surprised me with how good it was, so doubt the rating will go down.

BTW to prove the point of reviews and scores bot fitting each other and ppl useing a 7 as average rating lets look at ont of the user in this topic who cries bout bad pacing in thise anime.
Nurguburu has 239 anime completed with average rating of only 5.14 (at this point im asking myslef why he even wastes his time on anime at all), with a ton of anime rated as 1 and not even one anime rated a 10 even when he calls several anime a masterpiece.
ShineekMay 11, 2018 7:43 PM
May 12, 2018 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
Shineek said:
sirwence said:

1. It actually depends on the anime, Re zero did 10 volumes of LN in 25 as well, and it got high reviews. Something like pacing is actually bullshit and lie, it all depends on the persons personal tastes. Pacing is a word that can be used in objective review, but as said they are not pros.
2. Kinda funny since after that one "sex" scene i knew the anime will get worse and worse reviews, am i really the only one who noticed that any anime including any sex or rape will get burned down?
3. Notice the discrepancies between the actual score and the review text, i rarely see a review which the content and the score match up. Many ppl here treat 7 as the average score, and there are those who say average anime are bad. By definition something average is neither bad nor good, and even bad anime can still be watchable, look at Mahou Shoujo Site its so bad that its actually funny.

I dont know what my final rating for this anime will be, but currently it sits at 8/10, and the newest episode actually surprised me with how good it was, so doubt the rating will go down.

BTW to prove the point of reviews and scores bot fitting each other and ppl useing a 7 as average rating lets look at ont of the user in this topic who cries bout bad pacing in thise anime.
Nurguburu has 239 anime completed with average rating of only 5.14 (at this point im asking myslef why he even wastes his time on anime at all), with a ton of anime rated as 1 and not even one anime rated a 10 even when he calls several anime a masterpiece.

Yeah, a few more episodes passed since my last post, and I am really surprised by how much better it got (even though I've liked it quite a bit at the time). I will be really depressed when it's over and I can't watch something good every Friday.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

490 by metalrain_15 »»
Aug 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

102 by Inconsistent1 »»
Aug 12, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

76 by Airs »»
Jun 9, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

86 by IskandarThain »»
May 17, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.