Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2010 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow man this series is kinda depressing...
Jun 14, 2010 10:44 PM

Jan 2010
Veethorn said:
Wow man this series is kinda depressing...
What did you expect?
Nov 7, 2011 11:21 AM

Jul 2009
That shuttle is small, but its passengers have a large amount of authority.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 6, 2013 6:03 PM

Jul 2008
Man this is some serious slow pacing and yet I don't mind. Gosroth...there isn't much hope is there?
Nov 14, 2013 3:07 PM

Nov 2009
I wonder how powerful the normal human ships are . . .
Feb 15, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Death flags...death flags everywhere T___T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 19, 2014 5:32 PM

Jun 2012
The captain can sure use her authority well, I mean, she basically dug multiple graves for Lafiel and asked her which one she'd like to rest in, all in one line of speech. Although Lafiel really should have known her place, I was shocked to see how ruthless the Abh can be. Princess or not, a trainee is a trainee... Then again, I doubt the Abh could have become so powerful a race without having such resolve. I'm loving this series so much, just wow...!
Jun 10, 2014 2:20 AM

Jan 2013
The captain is certainly a wonderful character. Though get the feeling she's going to get killed in the battle :/
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Nov 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Feb 2015
It is a shame that the captain will probably be killed in battle. She had a good character.
Jan 15, 2016 11:08 PM

Jun 2009
captain giving lafiel a good roasting, deservedly.
Feb 15, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2011
I thought the Captain handled that situation well. Am I the only one who thinks that might be Lafiel's mother? The way she talked to her near the end, referring to her as her "precious Royal Highness" would be a bit peculiar otherwise.

Seeing the Abh's perception of how other humans think of them was interesting. The beginning of one of the earlier episodes mentioned that the Abh are trying to unite space in order to prevent a larger interstellar war from taking place later on. Since they mostly don't interfere with the governments of the planets themselves, though, I can see how this could be justified, especially from their perspective. These planets aren't losing anything by having their space taken over in the first place; they only stand to gain. It is the question of the Abh's trustworthiness that causes conflict, I think. They're used as a scapegoat for any and all of the problems of their territories, when for the most part this isn't the case.

How interesting.

The politics concerning them and the other interstellar nations, particularly the United Mankind, was of interest as well.

So the Captain purposefully chose to have Lafiel and Jinto meet. Hmm.
Sep 18, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
Ok so sometimes this series does really well when it comes to revealing character emotion.
Oct 20, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2013
Yeah, it was pretty obvious the captain was sending the princess away for her safety.

Ok, maybe action next episode...
Dec 21, 2017 8:20 AM

Jul 2016
TripleSRank said:
I thought the Captain handled that situation well. Am I the only one who thinks that might be Lafiel's mother? .

I figured the same exact thing. She was pretty brutal towards Lafiel, but I understand it as she is the Captain and in front of her team.

A lot of talking, and my mind drifted a bit (probably doesn't help I am at work). Trying my best to stick with the series.. this message board has certainly helped with summarizing the episodes for me to want to keep watching.
Oct 25, 2018 11:41 PM

Jan 2010
So the Abh have a concept of underwear. Well, okay. Actually, if anything, Crest of the Stars so far has spent a lot of time explaining the Abh culture, technology, and characteristics. I kind of appreciate that as far as world building, but I'd prefer this done through actually showing the world that's being explained. Still, I'll take what I can get. I mean, the show gave one of the strongest talks against honor-before-death outbursts I've seen in the longest time, explaining it through regulations and rank while still retaining an emotional grounding behind all that reasoning.

That has to be worth something. I'm just unsure of the show's direction, as thus far it's been 4 episodes of setup and explanations. I love slow slice of life shows, but I'm not too keen on plot-driven anime being slow. I'm worried that such shows will end up rushing towards the end, or end up leaving off on a cliffhanger. Crest of the Stars seems to be picking up 1/3 of the way through this season, but I still don't completely know who is attacking and why. I'm guessing since this is part of a larger series, it has some level of comfort with taking its time.
Feb 27, 2020 5:12 PM
Aug 2010
Shocked said:
So the Abh have a concept of underwear.

Hahahaha!

Nice episode, I like how in the first episode the Abhs are depicted as inhuman tyrants from the perspective of Jinto's home planet, but through the ship's commanders we see they are also very intelligent and sensible people (irrespective of the Empire's morals which are still unclear)

Aug 12, 2023 9:49 AM

Dec 2022
I'm unsure what to think of the Abh in general. Clearly they have an aggressive, expansionist policy by virtue of being a space empire that threatens planets with annihilation should they not capitulate to Abh demands; but they don't subjugate the populace of these planets, nor do they have any interest in occupying or governing them. Furthermore, the Abh even create a nobility caste of sorts for a few people. Individual Abh also seem equitable, considerate and respectful of regular humans despite seemingly being superior to them in most respects.

Makes me curious as to how they developed into a galactic empire rather than an isolationist space colony, or a kingdom that established itself only within a small cluster of planets.

United Mankind must have impressive tech at their disposal to present the Abh with only a 35% chance of winning the anticipated battle, even if the Vascotton system is their territory. Abh ships had no difficulty with taking over the Martine/Hyde system in the first episode.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 5 Discussion

wakka9ca - Mar 18, 2010

34 by Rastrelly »»
Aug 14, 1:04 AM

» Pointless and unnecessary discussion on ultranegative reviews

Rastrelly - Dec 15, 2022

14 by Rastrelly »»
Apr 1, 6:56 AM

» Political Confusion

Xaeveax - Jun 18, 2021

4 by 0063873192871 »»
Mar 25, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 13 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 17, 2008

47 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Mar 11, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Seikai no Monshou Episode 6 Discussion

Veethorn - Jun 8, 2010

17 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Feb 22, 9:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.