Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 9, 2017 5:52 PM

Sep 2015
remiska said:
\By introducing forced drama...

Is it forced drama if the possibility of it happening was stated 6 episodes ago? Sure not much talk of it has happened since but potentially the major happening in this episode was something to be expected given how it was introduced. It may not be very natural drama but it didn't feel forced to me at all.
Jun 9, 2017 7:36 PM

May 2009
It's like Shitnatsu and Failure of Chad are villains of this show. I hope they will suffer.
remiska said:
By introducing forced drama

Fucking stop with this retarded buzzword. It was foreshadowed since the beginning of series that moving out might happen anytime.
Jun 9, 2017 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
Azumi's father is so easygoing, understanding, and supportive. Top-tier dad.

Jun 9, 2017 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
wow seasons are changing and problems are springing up I hope they don't break up or something
Jun 9, 2017 9:49 PM

Jan 2016
When Akane's Father said that he want to make an announcement I was like "no please stop don't say another word"
Jun 9, 2017 11:24 PM

Jun 2013
"Have you read any?"

"Sure."

"Were they any good?"

"Uhhhhhhh..."

Jun 10, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2016
chagrined said:
My favorite little detail this ep was the camera showing their phones moving while they were typing to each other. This show does really well with little realistic details like that, I love it.

that scene was my fav too :3
Jun 10, 2017 1:27 AM

Apr 2017
if ever this ends tragically i won't be surprised since they have been talking about moving for akane's father job from the start

i'm surprised on regarding what hira said i thought his love for akane ain't really that deep

still life: pink roses
Jun 10, 2017 3:06 AM

Nov 2016
I always like their LINE conversations. As people have mentionned before, their phones moving while they were typing was a nice touch.

Kota is too cute, going to watch her race without telling her. I was afraid Chinatsu would try something when she saw Kota leaving.

I wonder if Kota will go to a high school in Chiba as well. If both of them move, it's game over for Chinatsu and Hira.
Jun 10, 2017 2:14 PM

Jun 2012
Those crazy emoticons cracked me up in the texting scene lol.
And man, Akane's moving?!
Chinatsu, just back off from Kota already. Seriously.
Jun 10, 2017 5:23 PM
Feb 2013
It remind me of the first three episodes, the couple mostly interact by using LINE in this episode and only have one scene to directly interact with each other(which is more natural now, they don't shy around each other any more.). Something big gonna happen for sure in the next episode.
silentwayJun 10, 2017 10:45 PM
Jun 10, 2017 9:08 PM

Jul 2015
SO THIS IS THE TRIAL THEY WILL FACE, she may be moving somewhere else due to her father's work. They are way too cute and innocent to have a fight or anything, so this works. Doesn't make me happy, but it works for this anime. I'm happy she actually told him though, instead of waiting until like, the last minute. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 11, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
okay so it is the inevitable girlfriend is moving to a different place that would be a hurdle for their relationship troupe...
Why is it that the short stories are more fun to watch? (even if its just two this episode)
4/5.

Jun 11, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2016
Please no plot twist at this point onwards

PLEASEEEEEEEE

I just want a good happy ending.
Jun 11, 2017 6:42 PM

Jun 2010
keima25 said:
I'm vibing some 5 centimeters per second here.

Don't. That ending left me with a bad heart. Can't accept an ending like that. XD
I'm hoping for a happy ending here.
Jun 11, 2017 9:19 PM

Feb 2011
keima25 said:
The risks of jumping into a relationship young. There are obviously other risks, but also the few who've stayed together for life.
ReloadJun 11, 2017 9:26 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jun 12, 2017 4:18 AM

Apr 2017
KAZE TACHINU \(^o^)/

Welp, another drama is going to happen... >.< Would be depressing if they ended up being separated (I've watched too much Makoto Shinkai's films T.T). But Kotarou's father gave him a liberty to choose his high school so I think he and Akane might end up together...

Hira still wants to take a shot though and it'll only hurt him in the end. orz

Reload said:
keima25 said:
The risks of jumping into a relationship young. There are obviously other risks, but also the few who've stayed together for life.

All-in-all, it's a gamble. :')
Jun 12, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2011
@misjebaka8D: Children shouldn't be gambling. Talk about underage. Also, the major reason to wait till your older is that your still dependent. Becoming independent means your parents can't restrict your life choices. Of course, you need experience to make good choices. Ignorance can put you a tight spot. It's worse when you drag someone down with you.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jun 13, 2017 5:13 AM

Apr 2017
Reload said:
@misjebaka8D: Children shouldn't be gambling. Talk about underage. Also, the major reason to wait till your older is that your still dependent. Becoming independent means your parents can't restrict your life choices. Of course, you need experience to make good choices. Ignorance can put you a tight spot. It's worse when you drag someone down with you.

Hoho, gotta agree with that (y) I think the probability of young love which grows into marriage is rather small~ After experiencing 2-4 years with your crush then it'll all be revealed...
Jun 16, 2017 8:12 PM

Sep 2015
It's just "might", so it might not happen.
Jun 18, 2017 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
They are going to move, sad.
Jun 20, 2017 6:37 AM

Sep 2015
king_layes said:
I'm pretty sure this is just an ad for LINE. They'll go to different far away schools, but their relationship is going to be saved by using LINE. After all, LINE is what got them through the hardships of the beginning as well.

+1, you just made my day
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jul 1, 2017 9:44 PM

May 2015
So, this douchebag is gonna ry to get Akane even tho she told her that she is dating Kotarou why is it that Japanese love this kind of masochist side of unrequited love so much... move on people! Life is too short to be lingering in a futile platonic romance… *Sigh*
Jul 2, 2017 12:58 PM

Dec 2016
A good episode where Akane ended off her track season well, but the only thing now is the whole high school dilemma between the two
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 8, 2017 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Those two villain really manage to scare me off! So fritening to watch them in action!
Jul 11, 2017 8:32 PM

Oct 2014
I really hope that Akane doesn't move. If she does, I hope her and Azumi find a way to make it work. They're just settling in to something good here and I'd hate to see that go south
Jul 14, 2017 5:04 AM

Jan 2011
-Trippwire- said:
"Have you read any?"

"Sure."

"Were they any good?"

"Uhhhhhhh..."

Anime roasting light novels won't ever stop being funny.
Jul 25, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2012
Great performance I must say but damn that ending! Pretty lovely episode though! Let's see what's next.
Jul 27, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2015
The hero lives in a pink bubble, it's so exasperating! He said he wants to write but looks like he has no aspiration. His father is incredibly nice with his intervention, knowing that the highschool's choice is decisive in the chances at universities (and thus to be employed later).
Akane, on the other hand, is at least considering her life as important. (despite the stupid temple wishes)

3/5
Aug 17, 2017 2:12 PM

May 2009
I sincerly apologise to everyone in Japan for laughing at Azumi dancing with two sticks in his hands. I have actually seen it in real life, but I just cannot get my grip on it. It makes me laugh every damn time.

On to the next one ~
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 30, 2017 2:13 AM

Apr 2015
Read the plot beyond this- can't say I love it, but it was acceptable.

Pretty interesting, since I'm taking a similar amount of time getting to and from univ every day comp. to Kawagoe and Ichikawa. Not THAT much of a long way I guess

The episode itself, well, it was OK.
Nov 20, 2017 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
jdimaria3 said:
I really hope that Akane doesn't move. If she does, I hope her and Azumi find a way to make it work. They're just settling in to something good here and I'd hate to see that go south
misjebaka8D said:
KAZE TACHINU \(^o^)/

Welp, another drama is going to happen... >.< Would be depressing if they ended up being separated (I've watched too much Makoto Shinkai's films T.T). But Kotarou's father gave him a liberty to choose his high school so I think he and Akane might end up together...

Hira still wants to take a shot though and it'll only hurt him in the end. orz

Reload said:

All-in-all, it's a gamble. :')
Reload said:

if i would be her i would say i stay here & there are options to do so relatives friends & also school dorms & i see her parents being the type who would let her easily do that if she puts her feet to the ground & says i will stay

Sugram22Nov 20, 2017 6:22 AM
Dec 6, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2012
I mean he can just go to a school in Chiba since his dad doesn't care anyway.
Jan 4, 2018 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
I don’t see him actually going to Koumei tbh
Feb 13, 2018 8:54 PM

Mar 2015
Uh oh, latest spanner in the works is one that is quite far out of their control! Wonder how they'll pull through this one?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 19, 2018 12:19 AM

Nov 2017
Loved this episode, from the track me to the girls crying about having finished their last run. This series has been so sweet so far, a very strong romance with great pacing and strong chemistry between the characters
May 5, 2019 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
A good yet rather bittersweet episode if I'm honest.

As expected, it seems Akane and Kota will eventually separate after graduation. A pretty common and realistic problem so now, let's see whether they will be able to overcome it or not. I honestly hope they can tho.

And on a side note, I have to say I really liked how supportive Kota's father was regarding his son's future. That said, I understand his mother's concerns but nothing good will happen if she makes her son take decisions he might regret later on.
Jun 2, 2020 4:11 PM

Apr 2020
This episode was super sweet, I love their LINE conversations, so relatable and realistic. It definetely reminds me of young love. I wish more showed this, this how things are these days.

I also love that the drama comes from real life occurrences like going to different schools and moving due to their parents job. That's what breakups people in real life not freaking romantic rivals, that shit doesn't happen in real life. How many times did you have to face off against another person for a crush lol?
Jul 24, 2020 7:12 AM

Mar 2019
So Akane's going to another place but Azumi's father told him to go wherever he wants.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 8, 2020 7:58 PM

Jul 2017
Nice little episode, glad to see Akane do well in her final track meet and surpass her personal best to end her middle school run. Kotarou even got to see it in secret from her until he told her about it at the end of the episode. But the trouble's slowly brewing as Akane's dad and her family as a whole might be transferring to Chiba due to work, therefore changing Akane's plans to attend the same high school or a high school close by as Kotaro.

Kind of feel for Kotaro and Akane since me and my girlfriend at the time (few years back) split up after 2 and a half years since we both moved to completely different countries, 4000 miles approx apart from each other as our lives were heading in completely different directions. We were more mentally prepared for that as high school students but given these two are in middle school and just really getting into the groove with their relationship, this problem's complicated for sure. Luckily it's within Japan so visiting isn't impossible and they still can communicate through their phone if long distance works for them but it's a tricky business for sure. One thing that does help Kotaro is that his dad is lenient when it comes to sending him to a university wherever he wants to go, really depends on his grades and his mother's opinion too. Can't wait to see how these final 3 episodes play out again (even if I already know what happens).
Apr 6, 2021 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
I hope Hira and Chinatsu don't try any weird stuff... I'd be pissed at them honestly if they did.

I hope we get a happy ending...
Jul 22, 2021 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I hope she won't move to Chiba it would be sad :/
Jul 24, 2021 1:33 PM

May 2018
Nice, Akane won her final track meet. I wonder if she truly is moving to chiba though
Feb 7, 2022 1:55 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Miky- said:
this episode reminds me of 5cm per second
hopefully it wont end like that

Fuck NO, dont say that, I loved the movie but I dont want a bitter ending to this anime at all.

Really, this drama of moving out sucks, families do it a lot in Japan, they think it is normal, do the parents even thing how much stress that puts on their children?!
SUCKS

Good episode otherwise.
Apr 29, 2022 1:24 AM
Apr 2022
Hira's playing the long-game then now he knows Akane's moving! Chinatsu saw right through his invite to the festival, even warning Akane not to cross the line. The trap is set.
Jun 6, 2022 9:21 PM
Apr 2022
Akane seems quite happy to keep stringing along the lovesick puppy Hira, just in case...
Nov 13, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2022
Personally, I'm glad Kotarou is starting to at least give LNs a try. Based on his talk with the bookstore guy in this episode, it seems like he didn't even realize what LNs actually were. And like the bookstore guy said, LNs are just like other books—some are good, some are bad.

Regardless, I think classic literature suits Kotarou much better. But I wouldn't be surprised if he took on writing LNs for some time before publishing more classic literature later in his career.
Aug 2, 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
Okay episode.

The more I see of this anime the more I see how much they borrowed from Hibike Euphonium. From transitions, shots, locations, subplots, whole characters, even angles, and, of course, the attempt to mimic its atmosphere.

But when it comes to that, Hibike is like a masterful symphony, whereas Tsuki ga Kirei performs like a middle school band that tries to sound professional.

There would be nothing wrong with this disparity, were it not for the fact that both anime were created by adult professionals. Since Tsuki ga Kirei forces this comparison due to all its borrowing, it ends up looking inferior and uninspired.
Aug 10, 11:48 PM
Jun 2024
Very sweet first episode where they really seem like be in love.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

631 by Weely21 »»
Aug 26, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

195 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 3, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.