Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 27, 2017 5:02 PM
Jun 2016
Call me a baby or childish, I liked Amagami for the sweet romances and happy endings and I expected that too in this series, but seriously. What the F*ck was that? Personally the ending was too bitter-sweet for a supposed 'SUCCESSOR' of Amagami,

Some people are saying, the ending ended on a good/happy note because they met again, I say rewatch it again, Even the MC said they drifted apart. Tsuneki came back for her job and not for him, It was just a coincidence they met again, heck this is not even a 'Neutral end' this is a BAD END!!, its pure Savagery, all the of those little build-up they had was lost and they 'technically' become strangers again to each other..

If this is indeed just a marketing ploy for the future VN with Good endings, or they are planning to release S2 or additional OVAs(which might not happen), then I can slightly understand why it ended this way, but hey regardless, I still think they ended it on a Bad note,

Additionally, I`m starting to realized why it only has 'School' genre tag here and on other streaming sites, because maybe there would be no actual Conclusive Romance endings in this series, lol....
Jan 27, 2017 6:45 PM

Nov 2014
So basically, it's like Rihoko's arc where the romance doesn't even start up? At least it's still just the 1st arc unlike Rihoko's which was 2nd to the last....unless you count Risa......
Jan 27, 2017 8:21 PM

Sep 2013
A terrible ending to a terrible arc. I had great expectations, but it was mediocre. So much excitement to get the "new Amagami" (one of the best romances out there) and they deliver this... This show offers nothing good, sadly.
Jan 27, 2017 8:24 PM
Mar 2008
It feels like I got ripped off with this ending...

Amagami I loved the arcs. Here I am wondering if all arcs will end this way and will turn this anime into crap.
Jan 27, 2017 9:04 PM

Jun 2016
I agree, that was a really dumb ending. I sat through it because I expected him to eventually end up with her.
Jan 27, 2017 9:18 PM
Jan 2015
I'm fairly disappointing as well, I'm only going to keep up with this to see if this "bad end" is going to be a trend. The worst part is probably that they made the MC a supreme beta male. At least the MC from Amagami shown some backbone.
My Queens

Jan 27, 2017 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
Amagami was average, this is just bad. Trying to be romantic and touching, in reality it's half-assed and cringey. 3/10 arc, doubt it's going to get much better.

Also, MC is a super bitch, so that doesn't help. Like, his balls aren't even formed.
Jan 27, 2017 10:08 PM

Jan 2014
Yautja said:
Amagami was average, this is just bad. Trying to be romantic and touching, in reality it's half-assed and cringey. 3/10 arc, doubt it's going to get much better.

Also, MC is a super bitch, so that doesn't help. Like, his balls aren't even formed.

lol then drop the show then, no one is forcing you to watch this show. Not that hard...
Jan 27, 2017 10:37 PM

Jun 2011
So much salt concentrated into one thread. I, for one, will be enjoying it for what it is, not being the "second coming of Amagami."
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 28, 2017 4:04 AM
Jun 2014
The problem is the MC, Junichi had good reasons for shying away from love and yet he still went all in for the one that he cared about, even if he didn't go about it in an eloquent way. This guy is just a passive wimp with no real personality aside from having pervy thoughts and blushing a lot, of course he was going to let someone like Tsuneki go without putting up a fight.
Jan 28, 2017 4:50 AM

Apr 2015
I Liked It Maybe Because I Havent Seen Amagami?>>>>.......
Jan 28, 2017 7:05 AM

Sep 2013
Uchihaaa said:

If you liked, good for you. But you still should watch Amagami.
Jan 28, 2017 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
Wintovisky said:
Uchihaaa said:

If you liked, good for you. But you still should watch Amagami.
Oh I Would Watch It Soon,Right Now Iam Caught Up With Some Anime...
Jan 28, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2008
Uchihaaa said:

Watch Amagami and KimiKiss (https://myanimelist.net/anime/2927/Kimikiss_Pure_Rouge) and you'll know why watchers are ripping this show so much. It's a big disappointment with all the hype surrounding it.
Jan 28, 2017 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
loplop said:
Uchihaaa said:

Watch Amagami and KimiKiss (https://myanimelist.net/anime/2927/Kimikiss_Pure_Rouge) and you'll know why watchers are ripping this show so much. It's a big disappointment with all the hype surrounding it.
Oh Thankyou Very Much I Will Surely Watch It..BTW Nice Club ^_^
Jan 28, 2017 7:43 AM

Sep 2011
Ahegyao said:
So much salt concentrated into one thread. I, for one, will be enjoying it for what it is, not being the "second coming of Amagami."

Unfortunately it is hard for me to enjoy it as it is anyway. I pretty much agree with OP's thoughts. Tsuneki definitely had the characteristics of a real girl which is extremely rare and very pleasing to see, but unfortunately real life isn't all that exciting. The relationship between the two felt artificial to begin with, and by the end it felt like insult to injury. On one hand I can argue that the girl isn't obligated to do or be anything, but when comes down to it this is a series about romance and people are expecting a happy resolution. While not the fault of the series, the series did not deliver and you can expect people to be upset, especially when compared to Amagami.
Jan 28, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2016
This show is far from amagami ss if you compare it. The first arc is very important, you must bring the best one for first impression. This arc is end with friendzone, and in overall (this arc) the romance is very poor. Even Rihoko's arc is still better (Rihoko and Junichi have strong relationship because they are childhood friend, when Tsuneki just close with Kamita on summer school).

I don't understand too, why the genre is only school, lol.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 28, 2017 12:58 PM

Dec 2015
Copying my post from the other thread cause it fits here as well:

Imo this is not a bad end. And I expected worse after reading this thread. She wasn't even married at the end. (At least no hints and she arrived back by herself 5 years later.)

Maybe it is not a "good end" in terms of VN language. But since this is original I think it is okay. And better then your usual VN stuff. They were able to have more freedom (no source to adapt).

I liked the chars less (especially the MC) but the plot/pacing was better than Amagami and there's always room for let's say 1 more OVA (per arc/girl). Amagami hat 2 cour + later 1 cour 2nd season. This is getting 2 cour. I doubt they'd make a 3rd cour later (with 2 more episodes per girl). But 1 OVA ep per girl might be possible.

Liked how they both progressed in their personality/goals. (She was going to learn cooking he some nutrition dieting studies at university.) And it was clearly shown they liked each other. Just too shy or afraid it might not work ... + she put her career first. But it's not like she found another guy or didn't like the main. So there was enough romance.

Even without an additional OVA it is up to your imagination on how it would progress after the end of the 4th episode. (I liked the time skip.) It's good. (In other anime people prefer this over telling everything - which they then call "spoon feeding" and complain.)

It is not based on a game. (Even if the spiritual predecessor Amagami was based on a game.) I understand people might have expected too much - while only being able to think of "good end" vs "bad end" in terms of VN language. But I liked how they did it. Felt like a lot more happened than in Amagami. (Only char design and personality of the MC is worse and I don't like the sister but she didn't get much screen time so far.)

Looking forward to the disciplinary committee girl (I think she'll be in the 2nd season/cour) - she seemed interesting.
Jan 28, 2017 9:55 PM

Jun 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Yautja said:

lol then drop the show then, no one is forcing you to watch this show. Not that hard...

Nah, you keep going @Yautja. We need the naysayers to keep watching to avoid massive misrepresentations in how shows are received. Don't let the unhealthy bubble of unfettered praise form!
Jan 29, 2017 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
AzureSymphony said:
The problem is the MC, Junichi had good reasons for shying away from love and yet he still went all in for the one that he cared about, even if he didn't go about it in an eloquent way. This guy is just a passive wimp with no real personality aside from having pervy thoughts and blushing a lot, of course he was going to let someone like Tsuneki go without putting up a fight.

This. Junichi had some real ass trauma and even he still managed to bone almost all of those girls the following Christmas (in their respective stories). This dudes just like, ah ok. Bye.
Jan 30, 2017 7:09 AM

Mar 2009
It was shaping up to be a terrible and lackluster ending, but then the last couple of minutes happened and Tsuneki came back after five years. I would have been annoyed if it left off with her leaving, but it ended on an optimistic note. They were together again after five years. And I'm sure they fucked like rabbits.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

57 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

99 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

131 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 15, 12:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.