Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 1, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
Very enjoyable final episode
I absolutely adore Dagashi kashi so I'm going to give it a 8/10 but overall this was a pretty shit adaption that was pretty unfaithful with the main character pretty much being Saya even though the entire manga is about Kokonotsu and Hotaru.
Apr 1, 2016 5:48 PM

Oct 2009
This is the most mehh anime i've seen in a while, so freaking repetitive and felt like a chore to finish it.

6/10 because i kinda liked the characters and saya was the best.
Apr 1, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2011
6/10 for Saya and hotaru even if her antics got old real quite and the art was nice.
everything else was pretty average jokes most of the times weren't really funny and a lot of it was Repetitive till the end,at least it was relaxing to watch.

almost feel like this would of been better as a Short.
Apr 1, 2016 7:09 PM

Jun 2012
This anime was too boring at times.
I guess I expected more romance.
Apr 1, 2016 7:25 PM

Dec 2014
The HotaxSaya scene made my day, srlsy. Saya should have more of these daydreamings since the first episode.
7/10
Apr 1, 2016 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Saya sure has a wild imagination. That yuri love with Hotaru.
Nice little chat at the bus stop.

This was an ok series. Nice to learn about all the different candies.

Overall 6/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 1, 2016 7:34 PM

Aug 2010
This didn't feel like a last episode at all. That Yuri scene was pretty funny.Not really much going on this episode though.
I think this series is ok. the first episode really pulled me in, but there were a few episodes I found pretty boring. each episode seemed like a hit or miss for me.

overall i'll give it a 6/10
Apr 1, 2016 8:01 PM

Jan 2013
Saya's mind is so perverted ahahaha
I don't know what to say about that ending but one thing i'm sure, it was a good anime and i enjoyed it a lot.
Especially enjoyed the sweets story etc, and the art was also amazing.
Hotaru is so innocent compared to all of them xD
I really hope there will be a 2nd season.
7/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 1, 2016 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
5/10

Everything about it feels pretty pointless, but it was a good time killer.

Enjoyed it overall because it had a similar atmosphere to animal crossing imo
Apr 1, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2015
The visuals were nice and Saya is best girl. 5/10.
Apr 1, 2016 9:36 PM

May 2015
Average series from every angle.... well,except for the art, maybe.
The comedy was extremely dull overall... I’ve been reading that they did a poor job with the adaptation; altering chapters, leaving the better chapters out in favor of original bits and whatnot... Well, if that’s the case, that’s a shame really.

Anyhow, I’m not gonna miss it, that’s a given.

5/10 (if I was to rate the show for its comedy only, then this would have been either a 4/10 or 3/10).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 2, 2016 12:24 AM

Feb 2016
Will there be season 2?
Apr 2, 2016 2:02 AM
Jan 2013
This anime is a bad adaptation!

i can't believe they even failed to make you-san's addiction of ramune became a hilarious scene
This anime is too Waifu-centered, in spite of comedic potential...

This Anime IS SHIT!!
4 (modern art scale)
Apr 2, 2016 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
A good distraction, but the comedy was a hit or miss and sometimes wasn't that funny. At least have waifus. 5/10.
Apr 2, 2016 3:20 AM
Feb 2011
At last it's over. Hotaru was amusing for a while, but then she just became boring, like every other character. Quite a snoozefest. As it still had a few above average moments, I'd say it's a solid 2/10.
Apr 2, 2016 3:41 AM
Oct 2015
The ending somehow is pleasant~good job
Apr 2, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
FunkyNano said:
Illyricus said:
A good distraction, but the comedy was a hit or miss and sometimes wasn't that funny. At least have waifus. 5/10.

Woah woah woah

"At least it has waifus?"

At least pick a side Illy
I can't. Saya and Hotaru are too good in their own to pick only one side.
Apr 2, 2016 4:20 AM

Mar 2016
This one was hard to get through at times. Felt like it dragged on, I think that's more me not enjoying this style of show as much as I used to. If I had not tried most of the candies I wouldn't have had any interest besides the character design of the girls. SAYA ftw!

Overall it's an average 5/10 for me, not bad but never very good either. Just a middle ground kinda show. Take it or leave it.
Apr 2, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2013
A little bit of romance or drama would have been nice. The dagashi jokes get tiring after a while. 6/10
Apr 2, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
kwei0529 said:
Hotaru was trying to relate how to open the tin with how to get coconuts taking over his dad's business at the very last scene. When you can't achieve by force, you use coin "koi" which means love. Anyone felt the sweetness over there? :D

Thanks, I totally missed that.

Truth is they owed us that Hotarou x Kokonotsu time in the final episode.

PotatoFlare said:
it took Coconuts 8 minutes to tell Hotaru that he is not sure yet.

I think it was more about Kokonotsu thinking about how Hotarou felt about it, and about him thinking about having to make a decision, than it actually was about his decision.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 2, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2012
It was funny at the beginning and as expected got pretty dull. It was supposed to be comedy, but it didn't feel like that there was any in the last episode.
Apr 2, 2016 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
Not sure about everyone else here, but I enjoyed watching this from beginning to end. The candy expositions may have been a bit bland nearing the end of things, but I found the show good enough still.
Loved the quirky characters in Hotaru and Shades, and Saya and Kokonotsu for always being the straight man. The animation is sharp and loved the OP and ED as well.

If this had a second season, I wouldn't mind watching.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 2, 2016 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not much of a comedy at all. It really was all about product placement all along. I should have listened to those in the know from the beginning.

If it hadn't been for Hotaru's oppai and her ahegao stare, I doubt half of us would have stayed along for the ride.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 2, 2016 11:51 AM
Mar 2014
So where does the anime leave off in the manga so I can know what happens next.
Apr 2, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Hotaru x Coco or Saya x Coco? I can't choose after this episode. ='(

Tbh I really enjoyed this anime.

7/10
Apr 2, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2015
Nice finale, that yuri moment tho

7/10

Apr 2, 2016 4:56 PM

Apr 2014
I remember expecting something completely different from what I got when the show started.
Show didn't really do anything wrong, but nothing good either. At least it was somewhat entertaining to watch.

6/10.
Apr 2, 2016 5:08 PM

May 2015
hmm i think it's okay

good show 7/10, i hope for 2nd season of this, and i'm expect it will be more enjoyable to watch
Apr 2, 2016 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my gosh, it's finally over! Now I don't have to put up watching this.

2/10
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 2, 2016 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
I really got used to the atmosphere of the show even though I found it really cheesy and boring at first. I just let myself sink in and become relaxed. A nice way to turn off your brain and not give any fucks.

7/10
Apr 2, 2016 11:41 PM
Dec 2014
Started reading the manga a few episodes in and the adaptation is pretty spot on just some of the chapters were rearranged in the anime. In the manga it feels like a slice of life about Dagashi in a rural area with a small underlying plot of hotaru trying to convince coconuts to take over the business so his dad can work for shidare company and that's exactly what the anime gave us . Idk why all the haters I mean why would u continue to watch it if u didn't like it and don't expect a huge plot and story line to move forward when this isn't what that is . You can't expect apples when all you got is oranges.

Don't know where people got their ideas from but just cus an anime doesn't go the way you planned doesn't mean it was bad haha some people....
Apr 3, 2016 1:01 AM

Oct 2011
WHAT!!!!!! This is the last episode NOOOO T___T
Apr 3, 2016 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
It's hard to comment on this anime, which is basically one giant candy advertisement. Still, I suppose it's good enough to kill time with and some of the jokes were rather good.

The candies also brought back nostalgia because they are similar to what I used to have as a kid. In the end, the lack of romantic development is what hurt it the most. I know that there wasn't much romance to begin with in the manga. I just feel they can make it more interesting with more intense teasing.

6/10
Apr 3, 2016 2:20 AM

Sep 2013
What Just like that?. The Ending is MEH. so what Hotaru, Choconut acomplish in this series WTF 6/10
Apr 3, 2016 4:12 AM

Feb 2015
What a great episode to finish the series, and as a bonus, a boner to remember those two girls.
Apr 3, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
I might say that the yuri moment was the best thing so far in this, it was so so bad, not good either, I started this coz it started very fun, but it turned kinda boring and was one of the regrets of the animes I watched and didn't enjoy this season... 5/10
Apr 3, 2016 9:55 AM

Dec 2010
I'm actually kind of sad to see this series end. It was a pretty fun ride through and through. There were some really great episodes, and some good episodes, and even some average episodes. But, it was still a lot of fun. I didn't think I'd miss it this bad when I started it.

That said its not a perfect series, but it was entertaining, and informative, which is all that really matters.

7.5/10
Apr 3, 2016 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
Shrug. It had that nice relaxing summer atmosphere that I really enjoy in shows but I just didn't laugh that much at this anime. The whole Hotaru says something sexual but it's really about candy/dagashi joke got old after like the 5th time... and then kept on happening over and over. You'd think by that point the characters would know better but somehow they always fall for it. Kokonotsu's dad made me laugh the most, but he wasn't in the show that much.

Then there's the dagashi history lessons that really got old, I guess if I had any understanding or nostalgia of these candies they're talking about it would have been easier to enjoy the show but nope..

Just found myself growing bored, waiting for some payoffs that never came. Story went nowhere, comedy stayed the same, ecchi never escalated, characters stayed the same, drama never happened. I don't mind a "nothing really happens" anime like this once in a while but I found something like Minami-ke to be much funnier and more relatable in that regard.

Maybe if it was a real ecchi series I could have enjoyed it more, only Hotaru's boobs could have saved me from the boredom. Yes I'm a perv.

Made me look forward to summer at least, papa You was alright and Saya/Hotaru were cute. 5/10
floater22Apr 3, 2016 5:08 PM
Apr 3, 2016 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
I personally found it pretty enjoyable. I pretty much had assumed upon reading the plot summary that it was going to be a slice of life/comedy style story, so I didn't really expect any actual PLOT plot to kick in. I know most people are pretty Hotaru-biased, which is a fair judgement, but I did really appreciate that they took the time to make Saya and Tou more regular characters since I think an anime of JUST Hotaru and Kokonotsu interacting/doing gag skits would've gotten stale. Having the other two in there to break it up and add more dynamics to the overall scenes and character development was a smart move.
(Also I'm actually kinda glad the fanservice/ecchi bits were kept to a minimum, but that's mainly because that kind of content makes me uncomfortable lol)

I would definitely enjoy a second season; considering how much of the manga didn't get adapted, they probably could do so without any real issue.
Apr 3, 2016 8:10 PM
Oct 2014
nickjr143 said:

Yeah we're all thinking the same thing.
Apr 4, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2012
I enjoyed the anime. It was fun and it didn't have anything complicated. It's the type of the anime i like to watch to just pass the time.

7/10

I don't expect they will make a second season, but it would be nice if we get one.
I despise woke people.
Apr 4, 2016 7:24 AM

May 2009
nickjr143 said:

Read my post on earlier page where I list all skipped chapters.
Apr 4, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2012
Sometimes it's a struggle to watch... and the ending pretty much feels like any other episode. The dagashi trivia can be quite interesting as well.

8/10
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 4, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2012
To my surprise I enjoyed the anime, would be pretty keen for a season 2 as well. Anyone know how much of the manga season 1 covered? Curious as to what the chances are of it happening.
Apr 4, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
Laionidas said:
PotatoFlare said:
it took Coconuts 8 minutes to tell Hotaru that he is not sure yet.

I think it was more about Kokonotsu thinking about how Hotarou felt about it, and about him thinking about having to make a decision, than it actually was about his decision.

You might be right, but I think everyone, including myself was expecting a much more satisfying conclusion. I wanted to see more of Hotaru and Coconuts having serious conversations, its more entertaining than this forced Saya shipping with the blushing scenes all the time.
Apr 4, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2014
PotatoFlare said:
You might be right, but I think everyone, including myself was expecting a much more satisfying conclusion. I wanted to see more of Hotaru and Coconuts having serious conversations, its more entertaining than this forced Saya shipping with the blushing scenes all the time.

'Hoping' definitely, 'expecting' not so much considering how much Hotarou was allready cut from the anime adaptation in favour of putting extra wind in Saya's sails.

I wonder though whether it was done not out of the director's personal preference, but rather out of some false perception for need of balance, because it would otherwise be a complete no-contest.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 4, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
Laionidas said:
PotatoFlare said:

'Hoping' definitely, 'expecting' not so much considering how much Hotarou was allready cut from the anime adaptation in favour of putting extra wind in Saya's sails.

I wonder though whether it was done not out of the director's personal preference, but rather out of some false perception for need of balance, because it would otherwise be a complete no-contest.

Either way, its a shame that the anime got so much different storyline from the manga, as I don't read it/them. Its illogical as well, if we look at the goal of Dagashi Kashi. It's probably something like promoting famous or less known candies and different sweets, providing a nice marketing. The obvious medium is Hotaru, and not Saya, yet their "importance" from the director's perspective.
Apr 4, 2016 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
I learnt so many things about Japanese sweets and its origin, felt like learning new things on every episode and one day i'd love to try them all. I agree with everyone who says the adaptation could've been better, but it's not like this adaptation is bad or anything. One thing unfortunate is we didn't get to see their live after summer break, it'd be interesting instead of telling a story that only revolves in certain time in this cade summer break. but overall it's alright

This handshake doe

I know this isn't romance anime but the ship is still has to be sailed, Kokonotsu x Hotaru all the way ♥

Overall score 7/10, wouldn't mind for another season
Apr 4, 2016 4:09 PM
Feb 2016
I don't get how someone can actually like this crap, this is basicly just one big candy commercial, and not even funny one. Also there is a romance tag but there is no actual romance. Worst show of the season

0/10
DelmatApr 4, 2016 4:16 PM
Apr 5, 2016 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
This show was educational if nothing else lol. Surprised there isn't a slice of life tag, all this show is is just talking about snacks.

6/10. Was totally different from what I expected, but still pretty enjoyable.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's the best girl of Dagashi Kashi? ( 1 2 )

-Senpai- - Feb 21, 2016

50 by MeguSae38 »»
Aug 22, 12:14 AM

» A third season

HLegend - Apr 19, 2022

7 by Nishin123 »»
Aug 21, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

105 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.