Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 1, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, some rage this episode with Maria. But for what's worth, Maria's connection with Joseph seems to have gotten closer. Oh all the teases

Interesting to see the darker development of this episode as well. Episode felt a bit slow but I hope Maria knows where her place is now. Good to know that Joseph believes in her though despite others accusing Maria of being a heretic and all.
Stark700Mar 1, 2015 7:07 AM
Mar 1, 2015 7:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode had a lot of emotions yet again this week, particularly from Ezekial, Maria and poor little Ann :( The moment that Maria had with Joseph was really cute and goes to show just how close those two are (Just kiss already lol)

This series is getting a lot darker too. Between Galfa, that cunt of a priest Bernard and that evil spirit thing, I can't help but feel like something really bad will happen soon. I had a feeling that Galfa would have gotten a prosthetic arm or something too

It's hard for me to pick a side because on one hand I agree with Ezekial but on the other hand I get why Maria wants to do these things.....The clash of ideals is imo the strongest aspect of this series as of late and it's being done very well

It really hurt me how the grandmother turned on Maria though and I can't stand the fact that they're setting up Galfa to possibly rape Maria or send someone else to do it. I just hope that somehow Galfa's relationship with Joseph will put him on the right path before it's too late.
Mar 1, 2015 7:21 AM

Jul 2010
Now I wish to see more living things that humanity has forgotten!

Saying that her medicine is poison and that the war was lost due to Maria. Ezekiel's short speech was great, telling the inevitable outcome that may one day occur :/ The moment with Joseph was cute too, blush shared both sides!

It really was hard that Bernard basically forced Anne's grandmother to say that being associated with Maria is a sin. Anne witnessing it and crying, even the village that accepted her is turning tail.

Galfa being chief and receiving some sort of medicine >.> from Bernard.

Sigh, things are really looking dim now that the church is succeeding in calling Maria a complete liability that should be completely rid of if not anything worst.
Mar 1, 2015 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! There's really no way out for Maria is there? The whole world is against her now.

Galfa's got himself quite the prosthetic there :O And is he really going to rape Maria O_o? Or will he be kind enough to force Joseph to do it lol :P...He did notice that Bernard is a devil on the inside.

Maria was kawaii whispering "Bakka janaino" when she was asked if she did it with Joseph :3 The hug scene was cute though.
Mar 1, 2015 7:55 AM
Jul 2010
looks like things are getting worse for Maria, I'm guessing that those troops are heading for Maria's territory.
yeo
Mar 1, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2014
REJOICE and suffer not the witch to live.

Mar 1, 2015 9:17 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Galfa, you better fkin not do this to her.
Mar 1, 2015 9:25 AM

Sep 2007
I'm gonna rage if anyone (except Joseph) ends up being sent to "rape" Maria successfully.

Darn that cute yet brief hug moment, I was tearing up inside they didn't show anything else after that
IkanoMar 1, 2015 9:28 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 1, 2015 9:57 AM

Jul 2009
Bernard needs to get hit with divine lightning.
Mar 1, 2015 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
First half was slow but the second one, holy shit this anime is getting better and better.
Mar 1, 2015 11:24 AM

Jul 2011
Ikano said:
I'm gonna rage if anyone (except Joseph) ends up being sent to "rape" Maria successfully.

Not like anyone but Joseph could catch her off guard. But from what I see, is that an aphrodisiac behind the brother...?

Ah, I don't feel like Martha turned against Maria. Through her foggy eyes she was looking at the cross hanging from the brother's neck, and I feel like she thought that if she accepted Maria in in their presence, it would cause trouble for her family/village, and notable the little girl (who also showed in her foggy vision). Martha has known Maria for so long that I don't want to think her trust is so weak it would be destroyed so easily.

I also half-expected Dovey to admit she might've given the wrong medicine. I guess she doesn't realize it herself?

Inugirlz said:

What a sight that would be. XD
Mar 1, 2015 12:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Galfa gave a Guts vibe with his new prosthetic arm. But I really, really, hope he doesn't do what despicable priest wants him to. That would be an awful turn of events.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2015 12:25 PM

Jun 2010
Robo-Galfa is planning a very disturbing operation.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 1, 2015 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Maria, a bad rumor about her is being spread across the village.
Mar 1, 2015 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
Galfa is ready to lose another of his three arms.
DictatorMar 1, 2015 1:58 PM
Mar 1, 2015 2:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ezekial's outburst was particularly emotional. You can see that she likes Maria and doesn't like the situation Maria is in right now either. Her ideals and values are inherently good, but she's still really naive in the end.

Ann has just started to learn the dark side of people :(
Mar 1, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2012
Welp all hope for Galfa is about to be lost if he follows through with this idea..

Martha renouncing her friendship with Maria in front of Ann was pretty excruciating.

Dictator said:
Yes
Mar 1, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
Jesus christ Joseph. YOU ARE ONLY MAKING THINGS WORSE.
I really like how the show bounces back and forth on hows in the right on what points. Like how maria was in the wrong to intervene on that last battle, and the church is in the wrong for lying to the people and planning horrid things.

I just want Maria to grow the fuck up already. She has all she needs to live a happy life.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 1, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Am not looking forward to the attempted rape.
Hopefully he'll just send joseph cause then there's a could chance still consent and it will become normal sex.
Mar 1, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
I knew Galfa would get a prosthetic arm.
Mar 1, 2015 4:41 PM
Nov 2013
Dictator said:

OH SHIT I LITERALLY PEED WHEN I SAW THIS LMAO

Anyway, Martha saying she'll no longer interact with Maria made me super sad, and even more sad seeing Anne cry because of it. Bernard is one evil bastard, what priest would assign someone to rape another person? But then again this is in ancient times and the church was very a very fucked up place..
Mar 1, 2015 5:33 PM

Oct 2014
lol maria will not get raped the anime's english name is called Maria the VIRGIN witch meaning she cant have sex until at least the final episode and it will not be by galf more likely jospeh. I wouldnt be suprised if maria is saved by viv or jospeh or her familars or heck the town's people be very suprising
Mar 1, 2015 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
Oh hell naw, homie don't play dat
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 2, 2015 8:51 AM

Oct 2013
vince1996 said:

Hopefully he'll just send joseph cause then there's a could chance still consent and it will become normal sex.

Yea, that's what I'm thinking too, or more like hoping, but there's a good chance of happening. The fact that he told Joseph, whom he's taken a liking to, to tell Maria to lay low what keeps me hopeful. I'm thinking that he'll burn her house with his men because but secretly tell Maria to just get the hell out of here and LAY LOW, the later being something I definitely agree with. He'd probably urge Joseph to go with her too. That way he'd not kill someone close to Joseph, which he most likely noticed by now, and still supposedly get the job done from Bernard and advance through the ranks.

That being said, if Maria end's up being stubborn even now she'll leave Galfa with no choice. I'm really hoping she won't though as she needs to realize already that this intervention of hers, despite being a nice idea with a good intentions, isn't working and it's causing her some serious trouble. It's just more trouble than it's worth, for everyone really, including herself. I'm all for the ways the other witches approach this and as a witch herself, she should listen to their advice - they found a place for themselves in the world.
Mar 2, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
I really begin to hate the church for spreading lies about Maria and planning to get her raped. They are the true devil in this anime. And it was really sad to see that Grandma decided to abandon Maria...

Mar 2, 2015 12:10 PM

Feb 2011
Between the priest and Slaine Troyard, im not sure who i want to meet a catastrophic end more.

Mar 2, 2015 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
Seriously, since when did Maria ever think about anyone else but herself and her own selfish ideal world with no wars? She's not going to stop just because other people want her to, I think she's pretty much made her point of this since the beginning. She has a certain delusion of her own powers and her own morality. Because nothing has happened to her even after she's done everything to defy the Archangel, she thinks she's above reproach. As harsh as it sounds, it's really time that she learned her lesson that she isn't as powerful or as "blessed" as she thinks she is.

I don't see Joseph having the balls to make Maria lose her powers, so I can totally see Galfa doing the dirty deed. All they need is to instigate a conflict where Maria has to send her pets away for a while. He even knows where Maria lives, and convincing Ezekiel that Maria would be better off without her powers, and hence justification for her "rape", would be easy, specially since it would mean Ezekiel would be saved from the need to kill her friend.

That said, this being the anime it has been thus far, I can also see Joseph suddenly growing some balls to protect her, even if it meant killing his friend and turning him away from his Comte and the Church. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how that will happen, since he is way weaker than Galfa in both physique and in brains. I'm betting that the other witches will have a hand in things, but that's my guess only.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 2, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
If Maria gets raped (which she won't), I'm dropping the show. I hate so many characters so much, but that's to be expected. Show's good.
Mar 2, 2015 5:28 PM

Apr 2012
wheresthehandle said:
Oh hell naw, homie don't play dat

Mar 2, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Seriously, since when did Maria ever think about anyone else but herself and her own selfish ideal world with no wars? She's not going to stop just because other people want her to, I think she's pretty much made her point of this since the beginning. She has a certain delusion of her own powers and her own morality. Because nothing has happened to her even after she's done everything to defy the Archangel, she thinks she's above reproach. As harsh as it sounds, it's really time that she learned her lesson that she isn't as powerful or as "blessed" as she thinks she is.

I don't see Joseph having the balls to make Maria lose her powers, so I can totally see Galfa doing the dirty deed. All they need is to instigate a conflict where Maria has to send her pets away for a while. He even knows where Maria lives, and convincing Ezekiel that Maria would be better off without her powers, and hence justification for her "rape", would be easy, specially since it would mean Ezekiel would be saved from the need to kill her friend.

That said, this being the anime it has been thus far, I can also see Joseph suddenly growing some balls to protect her, even if it meant killing his friend and turning him away from his Comte and the Church. I'm just having a hard time figuring out how that will happen, since he is way weaker than Galfa in both physique and in brains. I'm betting that the other witches will have a hand in things, but that's my guess only.

I'm still leaning towards the other option, namely the one where Galfa has his men burns her house for appearances sake but secretly let's Maria go, tell's her to lay low, Joseph to go with her. If she stubbornly refuses however, he'll proceed with the rape. Then again, I might just be grasping at straws here and see some kindness in Galfa that's not actually there...

Fully agreed that she need's to stop interfering in the god damn wars, although I think that she shouldn't stop being selfish, just be selfish in a different way. What I mean is that she should look out for herself more, just as the other witches do and drop the selfish ideal of stopping the fighting.

If I were a witch and knew the prejudice I'd be faced with I'd just let people have their wars and make a living off that, probably selling my witch medicine to wounded soldiers & mercs. The prejudice against witches by the church will still be there but this way one wouldn't stand out so much so it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Also, she wouldn't make enemies out of pretty much EVERYONE like Maria's doing. Hell, if she keep's it up she might even alienate the other witches.
Mar 3, 2015 4:02 AM

Jul 2009
I hope Bernard dies soon! Garfa is another one that needs to die, can't believe he will try to rape her.
Mar 3, 2015 4:12 AM

Sep 2013
Brother Makishima Shogo
Mar 3, 2015 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Mirorin said:

Not like anyone but Joseph could catch her off guard. But from what I see, is that an aphrodisiac behind the brother...?

Opium at a guess.
Mar 3, 2015 8:21 PM
Oct 2013
I always wondered if any religious people are offended watching this anime.
Mar 3, 2015 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
You guys are talking like Maria would get raped easily. The girl is supposedly the most powerful witch in the world. If someone decides to burn her house, I'd assumed that she could easily fix it and drive the intruders away with her magic. Even if Galfa somehow infiltrate her house, unless he finds a way to stop Maria using magic it'd be impossible to do the deed.
Mar 4, 2015 10:11 AM
Nov 2009
It´d be so weird and fucked up if Kagami raped the virgin Maria.
Mar 4, 2015 7:29 PM
Mar 2009
Really plot-heavy episode, so yahhhh for that!

On the other hand, Maria asking herself, "why do I want to stop wars, again?" was really, really unexpected. I expected a flashback to explain it or something, as a rhetorical question... but, it really seems to be the first time she questioned her beliefs.
Mar 4, 2015 7:44 PM
Oct 2012
PetitFours said:
I always wondered if any religious people are offended watching this anime.

I am agnostic and even I am offended :-)

I am sure that there are a few, but for the most part I think most just find it ignorant, not offensive. Of course if Bill Donohue was an anime fan I am sure he would be protesting, but he is just another person who wants to play the victim.

Historically speaking, Joan of Arc was executed because she forsake her vow not to wear men's clothing, the reason she gave for wearing it was because the guards would try to rape her if she didn't wear pants, so she said she wore them out of necessity, not rebellion. As such the author sort of has some grounds for this story.

What he misses is that Joan of Arc wasn't condemned by the Church, but rather by secular French allies of the King of England who wanted to eliminate a charismatic enemy leader, but were desperate to find a reason to justify doing it. The Church itself never condoned the execution and cleared her as soon as they were able to do so. Not that this did Joan a lot of good as Maria pointed out, but at the same time it wasn't as if the Church could have stopped the execution either.

While the Catholic Church has a lot of failings, including their sucking up to secular powers, it should be remembered that it was the secular powers who were in control, not the Church. And given that once the Church's restraining hand was completely lifted, things like WWI and WWII broke out should be clear enough demonstrations that the problem wasn't necessarily with the Church. The major issue I have with most histories is that they overly focus on religion while covering up the evils those "rational" people were perpetrating.
Mar 5, 2015 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
Ironhorse-Yakuza said:
Between the priest and Slaine Troyard, im not sure who i want to meet a catastrophic end more.

lol
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Mar 6, 2015 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
Looks like things are getting intense. I doubt Galfa will actually do anything...

Cute Maria and Joseph moment :)
Mar 6, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
The plot moves forward while there is a moment of apparent calm. The Monaco finally shows his hands gross blood, which manages to hide because of its eloquence, stirring up the crowd and instilling bad in others, a little as he did "the incorruptible". But the story is not limited to describing the facts underhand intrigues by Bernardo, clarifying also other positions or almost interesting. Engaging the whole the whole episode, drawings and animations of good quality, even the sets are beautiful to see.
Mar 7, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
Inugirlz said:

Oh God please make this happen. ~_~
Mar 8, 2015 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Bernard needs to die already
Mar 8, 2015 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
I would rather see consensual sex. It's going to go in a dark direction, but I do like how it's focusing in on a few characters.
Mar 9, 2015 7:27 PM

Mar 2009
I hate this Galfa guy.
Mar 13, 2015 2:35 PM
Dec 2010
"The church, the church, the church is on fire. We don't need no water later the mothereffer burn. Burn mothereffer, burn."
Mar 16, 2015 7:58 AM
Jan 2015
this anime is so adult, I cant even predict what will happen next!
Mar 17, 2015 7:22 PM

Jun 2013
I don't like where it's heading.
Mar 21, 2015 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
Decent setup episode.. but it was just setup.
Mar 22, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
DDY late (DameDesuYo)
Galfa hagane upgrade made him not just a soldier but a warrior with that killing skills!
The Monks are already moving like propaganda against Maria.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

194 by gswelcome »»
Sep 6, 3:50 PM

» Adoption

sandwich-boy - Oct 18, 2023

2 by Animaticide »»
Oct 18, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2015

79 by EmperorThor »»
Jul 24, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

87 by Sarakitteh »»
May 25, 2023 9:18 PM

Poll: » Junketsu no Maria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

93 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 13, 2022 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.