Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 10, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
MoeGod said:
Tomato, tomatoes. Same thing, different way of saying. Maybe that wasn't your intention but don't be surprised if others get the wrong idea especially if you said it that way.

If that's what you understood from what I said, so be it. But I hope you are the only one.
I like anime.
Jan 10, 2015 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
I really like the art style.
too much service and it felt really rapid.
i'm really worried tomoya is just gonna screw around for the entirety of 11 episodes
ED SONG +1
Jan 10, 2015 9:02 PM
Aug 2012
No idea what this show is or what it is trying to be (going off of this prologue).

I will probably be spending the next 11 episodes with that wondering and having it end up in a dead end harem ending that leaves me wanting to piss on my own grave.

But hopefully it doesn't end that way. .__.

7/10 Might bang prologue again.

Also, Kato best girl CANT E-EN DENY

EDIT: CG was very distracting and made me cringe quite a few times. Wasn't fun.
TheFeilong4Jan 10, 2015 9:14 PM
Jan 10, 2015 10:06 PM

Dec 2013
This episode 0 just took a huge dump on all harems ever. If it keeps up like this it will quite something...

5/5 great prologue, Matsuoka is too damn good! Great VA
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 10, 2015 11:15 PM

Oct 2008
From Atara (perv) to Tooru (not perv) to Tomoya (nerd).
Fuck fanservice.

Jan 11, 2015 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
TripleSRank said:

snip

And believe it or not, my initial comment was an acknowledgement of Eriri's comment that I took as an inside joke towards people who just don't get this genre. Forget ecchi, when I saw harem and comedy as the tag then read the synopsis I already knew I was going to get those meta-humor/parody/or whatever. Again this kind of jokes is not new, there are plenty of otaku-centric anime like this who went for the self-mocking route and yeah it wasn't always successful but in no way this is a pleading for more serious work or as you put it "an attempt to be a good parody via meta humor" in order to appeal more globally. If that's what they were trying to do then they might as well go for the safer, more mainstream route and anime that's choke-full of otaku parody like Outbreak Company and Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken OR this show itself, would never have made it into anime adaption.

These guys know what their target of demographic is, there's no need for any of that since said demographic would watch it anyway. That's why it baffles me when there are people like you who came into this show seemingly unprepared and while I accept that could happen, it seems redundant to complain about things that were expected to happen in this kind of scenario. That's why I gave the Free and Bakumatsu Rock example.

I wasn't trying to make you agree with me or justify the bad things since there are worse stuffs out there. I was merely trying to make you see why, from a point of view someone who has watched tons of harems mixed with ecchi, this seems okay compared to the worse pile of shit that exist out there. Whether this show itself is a pile of shit in itself is another matter entirely. I think LonelyWizard in page 7 and Bastek in page 3 put it better than I could put in 1000 words trying to explain it in less crude way. Now I'm not claiming that as an ecchi-harem itself this is bound to charm those who are used to it (as evidenced by people like Pat) but if you read the majority of comments in this thread then you'd see why A-1 was successful in capturing most of the targeted demographics (at least to give it a 3 episode rule) by including said inside jokes, a healthy amount of ecchi (teasing but not vulgar enough), and showing the appeal of each girls. I can't help if you view this kind of show cynically, obviously it's not for you, but the last thing potential fans need is redundant complains filling each episode's thread. This is often how we got into thread wars here in MAL for popular love or hate shows like SAO for example but if you frequent this kind of show (particularly those of ecchi genre), you'd understand why this is a huge problem.
MoeGodJan 11, 2015 1:20 AM
Jan 11, 2015 1:32 AM

Jul 2008
The boring part of the title was a fair warning.
Jan 11, 2015 5:03 AM

Sep 2014
Damn!! This voice character is taking another Harem/Ecchi anime =D I guess the trinity seven wasnt enough =D

Might drop this.
Jan 11, 2015 9:25 AM

Oct 2012
Those angles... well :D Also, Kayano Ai is godess here (again). And lots of fanservice and stylish lineart coloring.
And Matsuoka Yoshitsugu being in every harem anime of late, right? Isn't that a bit boring already?

I bet that even though this is a prequel, they actually returns back in next episode to tell the story from the beginning? (I hope so)

I am kinda interested in this show as they were making jokes about themselves just about right, effectively breaking the four wall in the process. I wonder where this will go further.
Jan 11, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
Well not what I expected from this anime,
i thought Aki will be more of a geek and the girls will solwly fall
in love with him......, but i guess its fine since its just a prologue to present
the series character and have nothing to do with the actully story.
Overall it were somewhat funny, so my score is 6/10.

will judge it again after watching the anime.
Jan 11, 2015 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was pretty interesting. I might be looking forward to this anime when episode 1 comes out.

Great episode!!!
Jan 11, 2015 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
MoeGod said:
And believe it or not, my initial comment was an acknowledgement of Eriri's comment that I took as an inside joke towards people who just don't get this genre. Forget ecchi, when I saw harem and comedy as the tag then read the synopsis I already knew I was going to get those meta-humor/parody/or whatever. Again this kind of jokes is not new, there are plenty of otaku-centric anime like this who went for the self-mocking route and yeah it wasn't always successful but in no way this is a pleading for more serious work or as you put it "an attempt to be a good parody via meta humor" in order to appeal more globally. If that's what they were trying to do then they might as well go for the safer, more mainstream route and anime that's choke-full of otaku parody like Outbreak Company and Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken OR this show itself, would never have made it into anime adaption.

"Not getting" the genre is quite a vague criticism of me. How about you start explaining your points clearly instead of implying I don't know what I'm talking about. You're the only one here that seems to be misunderstanding the genre; everything that happened was indicative of a parody. You yourself admitted it in an earlier quote.

MoeGod said:
I don't see how this was even a parody other than acknowledging about common tropes and misconception while making fun of it

You essentially said, "I don't see how this was a parody other than it doing everything a parody does".

Go look where this is being discussed. Not just here, everywhere. Posts are talking about it as a parody, reviews are talking about it as a parody, blogs are talking about it as a parody. Whether people like it or not, everyone knows this is a parody. Well, except you, apparently, and maybe a few viewers who hate ecchi and didn't even pay attention to the dialogue.

If you won't even acknowledge the genre, we're done here. The next quotes notwithstanding, I don't plan on continuing on other points any further until you understand what you're watching.

MoeGod said:
These guys know what their target of demographic is, there's no need for any of that since said demographic would watch it anyway. That's why it baffles me when there are people like you who came into this show seemingly unprepared and while I accept that could happen, it seems redundant to complain about things that were expected to happen in this kind of scenario. That's why I gave the Free and Bakumatsu Rock example.

"Any of that"? Any of what? It would help if you replied to me in pieces or were more clear.

If you call coming in without presupposition of quality "unprepared", then you better bet I was.

You still have no clue what you're talking about. The director was trying to be clever and attract multiple types of viewers with this episode: Clear out the ecchi haters; attract the analytical viewers; and keep the harem lovers. They're trying to set expectations low so you'll be surprised when the story turns out to be good. (Well, supposing it'll be good.)

MoeGod said:
I wasn't trying to make you agree with me or justify the bad things since there are worse stuffs out there. I was merely trying to make you see why, from a point of view someone who has watched tons of harems mixed with ecchi, this seems okay compared to the worse pile of **** that exist out there. Whether this show itself is a pile of **** in itself is another matter entirely. I think LonelyWizard in page 7 and Bastek in page 3 put it better than I could put in 1000 words trying to explain it in less crude way. Now I'm not claiming that as an ecchi-harem itself this is bound to charm those who are used to it (as evidenced by people like Pat) but if you read the majority of comments in this thread then you'd see why A-1 was successful in capturing most of the targeted demographics (at least to give it a 3 episode rule) by including said inside jokes, a healthy amount of ecchi (teasing but not vulgar enough), and showing the appeal of each girls. I can't help if you view this kind of show cynically, obviously it's not for you, but the last thing potential fans need is redundant complains filling each episode's thread. This is often how we got into thread wars here in MAL for popular love or hate shows like SAO for example but if you frequent this kind of show (particularly those of ecchi genre), you'd understand why this is a huge problem.

What? Where did any of this come from? Your whole argument has been (1) that the episode wasn't bad and (2) that I don't understand what I'm watching. You're changing your argument now.

I already said that saying this is bad doesn't mean there aren't other shows that are worse. The presence of worse shows doesn't make this one good. Noting that there are worse shows is beside the point.

And now you're saying this "isn't for me"? Again with the personal attacks? I can decide for myself what is and isn't for me, thank you very much. Could you not just defend the show properly instead of using ad hominem in every. single. post.? Yet again, we aren't going to go anywhere with this if you're just criticizing how I watch anime.
TripleSRankJan 11, 2015 3:22 PM
Jan 11, 2015 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
Interesting concept. Heavy fanservice, but it isn't like fanservice is something new. They also had a bath etc., which is (almost) always fanservice, they were talking about a dating sim, it's four girls and one boy, it has (by now?) a ecchi tag..

And whats wrong with fan service? All the violence in the world, complete with beheadings and innards falling out is okay, but the moment we see a girls back when she's bathing it's "ugh, fanservice".

Anyways, gonna check out the actual series. Would be kinda interesting to have a whole show like the did the beginning, with the introductions, but if it's not completely different from this it's gonna be okay.
Jan 11, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2008
TripleSRank said:

Go look where this is being discussed. Not just here, everywhere. Posts are talking about it as a parody, reviews are talking about it as a parody, blogs are talking about it as a parody. Whether people like it or not, everyone knows this is a parody. Well, except you, apparently, and maybe a few viewers who hate ecchi and didn't even pay attention to the dialogue.

I kind of see what the other guy was talking about.

The series is a parody, but it is only the basest kind. There is a difference between a good parody that satirizes or has something to say about a genre...or is at least funny, and one that just states flat out "get it? We are acknowledging the tropes we ourselves are following!"
Jan 12, 2015 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
Introductory episode in which good and evil can make fun of the story and the protagonists themselves.
To be honest, I thought it was worse than I frankly saw today.
The designs are quite beautiful, really beautiful scenery, I hope that the story is really something different from what we have seen so far.
Jan 12, 2015 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:
I kind of see what the other guy was talking about.

The series is a parody, but it is only the basest kind. There is a difference between a good parody that satirizes or has something to say about a genre...or is at least funny, and one that just states flat out "get it? We are acknowledging the tropes we ourselves are following!"

I agree with you, but he isn't acknowledging that it's a parody at all. My main criticism is that this failed as a parody (though perhaps not in alluring the intended audience), and you summarized why I think it failed quite well.
Jan 12, 2015 8:48 PM

Nov 2014
Separate entry for 00 episode? Really?

Jan 13, 2015 6:45 AM

May 2010
Damn I had enough of Kirito's seiyuu. Why is it always the 'always-sounding-the-same' ones who get to be popular? It's annoying.

Moving on, I love the art and the girls in it. Utaha reminds me of Yukinon (Oregairu) while Michiru is like Kaoru from Amagami SS. Eriri reminds me so much of Michiru, her personality, her character design... The character I am most interested in has to be Megumi. She seems really original and I esp. love her chara design in the ED. So simple yet cute.

Good ED too. Well, it was decent. I have expectations from this.
Jan 13, 2015 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
Yeah, there was a lot of fan service but like a few have been saying, i thinl they were making fun of the ecchi in other rom com harems.
Im still super excited for this show :)
Jan 14, 2015 1:51 PM

Dec 2009
I see the show really is self aware about it's existance, I kinda like that, those first lines definitely lured me into watching this.
Jan 15, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
Has potential to be the best self-aware/ fourth-wall-breaking comedy anime I've ever seen.
I did not go wrong putting this in my PTW the second it was announced.

Thank god despite being ecchi and harem it's not misandrous like 99/100 shows are.

Not a single annoying or boring character also impressed me. Going to stick with this one.
Jan 15, 2015 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
WOW this show sucks
Jan 15, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
I think this anime promises, well we will see xD Nice OP xP
Jan 19, 2015 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
I like how much fanservice this prologue is. Not only is it fanservice in ecchi but it's also fanservice in how it reflects the thoughts of viewers and people who regularly watch anime. The first 3 minutes is evidence of that when the girls are criticizing the typical fanservice ecchi anime.

Then there criticism of what is considered to be flaw in writing that the show demonstrates. It's obvious that the show from now on isn't going to be a generic romcom.
Jan 23, 2015 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Excessive fan-service, Matsuoka as VA and a harem I'm sensing this will end up very close to Trinity Seven and I'm not repeating that horror. I really hope the actual series focuses more on the game making than anything else since it seems like a really cool concept.
Jan 24, 2015 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
Somewhat amusing fanservice. Not much else going for it.
Jan 28, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2008
Damn! That was some amazing fanservice. Dodn't if the show will be a fanservice show since some say this episode was like some special parody or something but if it's a show with fanservice and it delivers like this then it would make a good job at what it does.

Those were amazing shots.

MrEpicMichael said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Do you even understand that this ep is sort of filler written by the author himself to joke a bit about romcom clichés?

Totally agree on this one.

asdlolxd_ said:
This kinda reminds me of Eroge H but doujinshi version

Agree with this one.

This was a nice start,the art was beautiful,and I enjoyed it.The only problem was the hands when they typed on the laptop that 3D effects was kinda ugly.

Yeah those hands looked fat and ugly, lol.
MonadJan 28, 2015 12:35 PM
Feb 1, 2015 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
Wow surprising nice episode!

They started the episode with life and hometown :D

I love how Eriri mentions on how people judge things on the beginning and never gave anything a chance. Yare Yare so many idiots.

Animations seems good, and the girls have their own style! Tomoya is one lucky bastard :O

So this seems about a group of Otaku and non-Otaku making a game together? The show reminds me of Shirobako with the process of making game, but this seems like a casual version of it XD

Utaha is good, but i'm leaning towards Katou :P

Michiru seems good as well! Not a fan of Eriri sadly :(

Good stuff! Can't wait for more episodes!
Feb 1, 2015 12:12 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't find the parody/jokes too funny to be honest.
Now, I know this is not "the real show", and "blabla parody" so I will still give the main show a try.
I found this quite boring however, so 3/10.
Expecting more from the main show. ^^
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 6, 2015 2:40 AM

May 2013
Better than I thought it would be!

The discussion during the sauna/bathing scene about anime was insightful.

The introductions and stuff were funny. Everybody seems fun and even the girl who seemed like she was a side character got her own time at the end.
Feb 16, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2014
Harem with cousin? wth.
but art is relaxing, I like it :)
Feb 17, 2015 10:18 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
All I got out of this..

. Michiru is best girl.
. Good animation.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Feb 19, 2015 5:43 PM

Jul 2013
I liked this!!! Damn, best girl? Idk but I like Michiru first, and Katou!
Mar 1, 2015 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
That was erotic, but I hope it doesn't build itself using just erotism. Characters so far are good.

So this is some sort of filler that's not related to the main series?

The OP and ED are decent, I don't know why people speak as if Death Parade OP is the only decent OP of the season.
ToG25thBaamMar 1, 2015 6:31 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 3, 2015 7:57 PM

Jun 2014
Umm. I liked brown haired girl best? Idk. Haha. The others rubbed me the wrong way! I'll probably end up liking them who knows.

Nice and fanservice-y! On to the main series!

7/10
Mar 7, 2015 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
Extremely boring. I heard the actual show isn't this terrible so I'll give it a try anyway.
Mar 27, 2015 12:03 AM

Apr 2011
Wasn't enough fan service. I hope at least fakku artists choose this anime.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 1, 2015 4:19 AM
May 2012
Tomoya, you fucking watch Anime, right?? Then, you should know that you are one lucky bastard!!
Well, I just finished the TV series. I really enjoyed this Anime. Hoping for a season 2. Thank you ^^
Apr 2, 2015 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
I rewatched this OVA after the anime, and it is much better ! I really appreciated it, I think you need to watch it after. Kato is perfect !
Apr 3, 2015 3:20 AM
Oct 2011
Sakaitsu said:
I rewatched this OVA after the anime, and it is much better ! I really appreciated it, I think you need to watch it after. Kato is perfect !

Agreed. This is actually more like ep13/onsen service ep rather than prologue.
Apr 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
why is it listed as Prequel when its Sequel, cause they all got together slowly with each EP & in this they already are a team
Apr 12, 2015 12:19 PM

Feb 2012
2/5

This episode quickly annoyed me. Awful CG, cringey dialogue, an annoying blonde with twin tails, and the SAME GODDAMN VA for the protagonist. AGAIN.

I'll watch the main series, but this hasn't done it any favours at all.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Apr 12, 2015 2:19 PM

May 2012
Pretty much fan service, but well the characters were okay I guess. Not sure if I'm going to like the pacing if it's the same in the tv series.
Apr 15, 2015 10:11 AM

Jun 2014
Eriri worst girl. Obvious copy of Eri
May 16, 2015 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
this aint no ep0

im glad i chose to watch this after finishing the TV, cuz its a perfect sequel-filler ep, works great as ep13

waiting for s2 nao
Sep 6, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Nice prequel, but I was wondering at the start if this is not a recap so I had to check the airing dates :P
The starting conversation about anime is also something good and new for me. This anime is making fun of itself ;) In category of specials this is one of better ones. Though it could have more comedy (or maybe I just don't have good mood today?).
Anime got nice art and making a dating sim game with girls plot? Sounds fun, but who is the programmer?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 10, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2012
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Nice prequel, but I was wondering at the start if this is not a recap so I had to check the airing dates :P
The starting conversation about anime is also something good and new for me. This anime is making fun of itself ;) In category of specials this is one of better ones. Though it could have more comedy (or maybe I just don't have good mood today?).
Anime got nice art and making a dating sim game with girls plot? Sounds fun, but who is the programmer?

actually its Sequel cause they all got together slowly with each EP & in this ep they already are a team
Sep 19, 2015 5:12 AM

Aug 2014
I just watched it again after finishing 12 episodes, because I was wondering why I rated this special higher than tv series. After I watched special again I know why ;)
Special packed up everything that is good in tv series and added more. I could rate tv series the same but there were few things I didn't like.

Anyway this special is ok as both sequel and prequel. It was aired before tv series and had some introduction, but got more info about what happened after.
That is why I look forward to season 2.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 23, 2015 12:38 AM

Apr 2015
Well I like the ending song..but did they just.. rape him? Really?

*sigh* I hope other episodes won't be as bad as this..
Feb 2, 2016 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
Yep. Even though this is called Episode 0 and is listed as a prequel to the series.. this is something that should be watched after the series. And I'm glad I did. And Kato's still the best no question about that. Even though she barely showed some skin
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.