Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I almost feel sorry for Akira this episode; almost. I feel a lot worse for Tama because she misses her friends.

Dark Tama returns again. I just love this grin she has on:

Also, the show reflects more of that loneliness feeling with an addition touch of snow. Found that kinda interesting. Poor Tama. She is being punished..
Dec 5, 2014 9:59 AM

May 2013
So Ulith won her battle, became and eternal girl and now the real Iona is back in her body. The girls are about to have a talk with Hanayo.
Dec 5, 2014 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
Wait, so if you win the battle and get rejected, you still get to become a LRIG? Then shouldn't Ruko be a LRIG?

Where did Ulith go o_o?
Dec 5, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
Man, this is starting to get confusing now. Things are starting to mostly unravel, yet doing so seems to just tangle other things up as well. And I really don't see how Ruko and co can possibly do anything to save Tama at this point, but it's pretty clear something big will happen in the final two episodes.

I had also nearly completely forgotten about Hayano (I think that's her name) and Kazuki until they appeared again. I wonder what else Hayano knows about what's happened.

Also, where's Ulith now?
Dec 5, 2014 10:43 AM

Apr 2010
So the original Iona claimed her body back.
Now the question is what happened to Akira and Ulith, will this be the last time we see them or will we see more from them.
It's clear things shifted towards Mayu but how are they going to convince her to change.
And what will happen ones they arrive there?
Since it doesn't seem like Mayu is planning on listening to them.
Dec 5, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2014
I'll be really disappointed if Ru doesn't find a way to free Tama. How? I have no idea, but Tama is just too damn innocent to be subjected to Mayu's crazy-ass whims for eternity.
Dec 5, 2014 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
I'm so confused as to how iona got her original body back.

Dat ED tho. So good.
Dec 5, 2014 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
kuroikishi said:
Wait, so if you win the battle and get rejected, you still get to become a LRIG? Then shouldn't Ruko be a LRIG?

But if Ruko was a LRIG, Iona/Kuro/Yuki couldn't become Ruko's LRIG

Sure it's a double standard and/or contradiction, but in regards to this series - it doesn't surprise.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 5, 2014 11:05 AM

Feb 2013
Yuki is born today

kuroikishi said:

Where did Ulith go o_o?

But Ruko battle was not won. She was on the verge of winning then Tama didn't act.
Dec 5, 2014 11:18 AM
May 2014
PoisonedTea said:
Yuki is born today

kuroikishi said:

Where did Ulith go o_o?

But Ruko battle was not won. She was on the verge of winning then Tama didn't act.

It was won, which fulfilled the prerequisite for Iona/Yuki's wish (which was to become lrig for the
strongest selector). Ru had to beat Iona to actually become the strongest.

However, there was a line missing in the 'eternal girl' ritual (I seem to remember it was commented
on by the others).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 5, 2014 11:34 AM

Feb 2014
kuroikishi said:

Where did Ulith go o_o?

Because Tama rejected the wish Mayu got angry with her and took her back. Ulith was denied of her wish because of this so Mayu fulfilled Ulith's wish for her. This was also a chance to put original Iona back into her body because she wants to make her suffer.
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Dec 5, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2010
Pik3Rob said:
kuroikishi said:

Where did Ulith go o_o?

Because Tama rejected the wish Mayu got angry with her and took her back. Ulith was denied of her wish because of this so Mayu fulfilled Ulith's wish for her. This was also a chance to put original Iona back into her body because she wants to make her suffer.

So basically... Mayu broke her own rules again and played favoritism for Ulith, since she likes her.

I have a feeling Iona is relieved to be back in her own body again even if Mayu simply wanted to make her suffer. (On the other hand, I can't help but keep hearing Shimako talking when Iona speaks lol)
Dec 5, 2014 11:57 AM
Jul 2014
I'm pretty sure Tama rejected Ru's wish- meaning that she couldn't become an Eternal Girl, while this time Tama just rejected Iona's body, not Ulith's wish.
Dec 5, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
Another solid episode, the show's succeeding at everything it's trying to do at this point. Only part that felt off or sudden was Tama's change of heart after displaying her resolve so firmly. I really liked that as it was a huge development for her character, so I was a little disappointed when she'd changed her mind because she 'could never find Ruko'.

But it was all to set up her last declaration. Instead of resolving herself to doing whatever it takes to be by Ruko's side, she understood she couldn't/shouldn't by her side by rights and instead resolved herself to finally aid Ruko in fulfilling her Season 1 Rudoka wish. When you think about it and how her decision not to do it at the end of s1 was so imperative in setting this season up, this is a pretty huge development. It means she now fully understands and respects Ruko and what she's trying to do. So after being a little let down I'm even happier with how it turned out. It's not quite as 'cool' as Tama balling up and breaking bitches so that she can be together with Ruko, but it's realistic for her as a follow up to her growth in the series.

I just hope the mention of that wish was only for the purposes of Tama's development, because I'll be extremely disappointed if the series ends with that wish providing the resolution. I do trust that they've something better in store that will revolve around Mayu though so I'm not too worried.
konatachan80 said:
PoisonedTea said:
Yuki is born today

It was won, which fulfilled the prerequisite for Iona/Yuki's wish (which was to become lrig for the

However, there was a line missing in the 'eternal girl' ritual (I seem to remember it was commented
on by the others).
The way I understood it was that the battle was 'won' but like you said the Eternal Girl ritual wasn't complete, so the win became null and void which allowed Iona and Ulith to 'win' and complete their own ritual.

Ulith and Tama won and completed the ritual. Ulith should be in another Urazoe Iona faced card, but Tama stopped her side of the aftermath before it could be executed. So Mayu plugged Urazoe Iona into her place to fulfill the process.

Iona and Ulith wouldn't have had the chance to execute the ritual if Tama had stopped it the same way she did here. Otherwise Akira would have had a chance to become an Eternal Girl this time as well.
Dec 5, 2014 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
So, what has happened to Eldora, since we did saw her leaving the card?

Looks like Aoi lost from Iona, and tama rejected Iona.........damned I'm competently lost, as to whom is who. All I know is that Iona the LIRG is now Yuki and Iona the selector is Iona again. So watta about Aoi?
Dec 5, 2014 12:35 PM
May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
Another solid episode, the show's succeeding at everything it's trying to do at this point. Only part that felt off or sudden was Tama's change of heart after displaying her resolve so firmly. I really liked that as it was a huge development for her character, so I was a little disappointed when she'd changed her mind because she 'could never find Ruko'.

But it was all to set up her last declaration. Instead of resolving herself to doing whatever it takes to be by Ruko's side, she understood she couldn't/shouldn't by her side by rights and instead resolved herself to finally aid Ruko in fulfilling her Season 1 Rudoka wish. When you think about it and how her decision not to do it at the end of s1 was so imperative in setting this season up, this is a pretty huge development. It means she now fully understands and respects Ruko and what she's trying to do. So after being a little let down I'm even happier with how it turned out. It's not quite as 'cool' as Tama balling up and breaking bitches so that she can be together with Ruko, but it's realistic for her as a follow up to her growth in the series.

I just hope the mention of that wish was only for the purposes of Tama's development, because I'll be extremely disappointed if the series ends with that wish providing the resolution. I do trust that they've something better in store that will revolve around Mayu though so I'm not too worried.
konatachan80 said:

on by the others).
The way I understood it was that the battle was 'won' but like you said the Eternal Girl ritual wasn't complete, so the win became null and void which allowed Iona and Ulith to 'win' and complete their own ritual.

Well, Iona/Yuki already had enough won battles, so they didn't need to win against Ruko, or to
be more exact, they actually needed Ruko to win the battle..and not become an lrig herself.
It is kind of obvious, but if the ritual was done properly then Iona/Yuki would probably still be
looking for a selector stronger than herself.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 5, 2014 12:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Where did Eldora go? Did she disappear just like Midoriko? O.o

Akira continues to be obsessive towards Ulith. But she seemed to have lost the match and now Ulith will probably be back as a LRIG soon.

Poor Tama.. She way too kind for her own good. Instead of assuming Iona's body, she remained a LRIG to not make anyone else sad and put trust on Ruko to end this cycle.

Real Iona's backstory was pretty interesting. I like how desperate Mayu was to make her feel desperate about becoming a human again through being a LRIG first.
Mayu really sounded pathetic in a way, because she realized things aren't exactly going the way she wants.

LRIG Iona is now Yuki. It's nice to see how she viewed snow as calming medium when she was with human Mayu.

Good episode. Poor Tama gets imprisoned. Meanwhile, Ruko and Hitoe meets Hanayo after months of not being in touch.
Grandma hasn't been getting any screentime. So, she's not a suspect anymore. Damnit. XD

Dec 5, 2014 12:47 PM
May 2014
Tres_Bandidas said:
So, what has happened to Eldora, since we did saw her leaving the card?

Looks like Aoi lost from Iona, and tama rejected Iona.........damned I'm competently lost, as to whom is who. All I know is that Iona the LIRG is now Yuki and Iona the selector is Iona again. So watta about Aoi?

I was about to ask "who's Aoi?", but I assume you meant Akira.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Akira had 2 losses before the battle against Ulith.
If she didn't, wouldn't it just be a regular loss?
-- Lord fifth
Dec 5, 2014 12:48 PM
Jan 2014
Well, they sure disposed Chiyori on a whim, huh? Just kidding. I know she was meant to be a showcase for a healthy LRIG/Selector relationship.

Maybe Eldora, along with other LRIGs, which have had their Selectors loose 3 battles, just fill up a certain part of the White Room? Only for a temporary shift, before they appear upon a new chosen Selector. I think we need some more narration to fill in that gap, if I'm not missing anything. Well, to be exact, we still need some information regarding the relatization of the WIXOSS game itself. Because I don't think we had enough fare from Mayu's perspective.

Anyhow, Kuro has been given a new name. This time a purer one, chosen with her free will, compared to the one Mayu simply assigned her with. "Yuki" describes her character very well.

As for Iona Urazoe, I'm glad she was able to take control of her own body again. Hopefully she's learned a lot from being caught in the whole WIXOSS mess, and will be able to take another step into her life.

Hanayo's the one that emailed Hitoe with Iona's whearabouts huh? Well, good thing Yuzuki figured out that it was her. Paying a visit would certainly clear out a few tings.

I wonder what Akira's up to now. Tama's been having terrible luck in S2, she really needs to be set free, and actually have her own free will for a change.

ResidentDec 5, 2014 1:08 PM
Dec 5, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
Awesome episode :D
So many things happened it didn't feel like 20 minutes. I wonder if "Spread" will really be the conclusion.. I feel like this series could benefit from a Season 3, though it's not likely to happen.

My favorite scenes:
- The pure and innocent Tama becomes truly corrupted for a short while. The part where she says Ruko wont be able to find her is a touching moment. Then she gets caged..mwhahaha
- Akira-crazy up to her usual antics. She's so obsessed with Ulith now she wants to continually "scar" and "heal" her. Love and hate, love and hate.. Even though she lost the battle, it is only her 1st loss with the new LRIG so we'll still be seeing her around..

But honestly, what does Ruko intend to say to Mayu if she manages to go to the white room? "I'll be your friend! So please free all of the LRIGs"? Mmm.
Also, how is Kuro/Yuki supposed to "protect" Ruko? Girl, you can't even protect yourself from getting heartburns whenever Mayu feels like it lol x___x
Dec 5, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2010
A lot really happened!

Chiyori being a normal girl now and ran away from the teo!

Akira wanting to heal and scar Ulith in a never ending cycle! She didn't win against Ulith though.

The actual Iona coming back after Tama declined her body. Liked how the actual Iona pissed off Mayu xD Not wanting to be human again yet she became herself at the end again.

I really liked Tama's refusal to become Iona and fulfill her own dream. That second of corruption and wouldn't care to make others cry to get her dream to me with Ruko. I did like how Tama said that it wouldn't be the Tama Ruko knows. As she used that means to gain a body. It also being the opposite of what Ruko wants, Tama's feeling towards Ruko being immune to corruption!

Hanayo being the one that sent the message! Iona getting a name change to Yuki!

Tama getting trapped by Mayu T.T
Dec 5, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
The original Iona got her body back. Nice to hear the real Iona's back-story.

LRIG Iona's new name is now Yuki.
Dec 5, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
Mayu is totally mad..... she sealed tama in the cage.....

2 episodes left........

"Intense light and deep darkness"
Extremely hope and overwhelming despair

Dec 5, 2014 6:28 PM

Jan 2011
As soon as it started snowing I knew she'd be named Yuki.
Dec 5, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2013
This show never fails me to surprise and confuse me and *sighs* its already ending in the next two weeks so I hope it'll not be rushed or gimme a third season!

Anyways, gotta like Akira now and did I hear Mamiko Noto to voice the original Iona?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 5, 2014 8:47 PM

May 2013
Gonna miss Chiyori's LRIG.

Akira just gets crazier every time I think she's hit the limit. Wonder what happened to her after the fight with Ulith.. I don't think she's lost enough times.

It was quite a surprise that Iona returned to her body, something tells me that's the last we'll see of her but I wish the girls could be friends.

Agh, Iona will be Iona to me... now the ship names with Ruko are gonna be crazy. Iona, Kuro, now Yuki. Hng.

Hmm, wonder what's gonna happen between the girls.

My poor baby Tama.. hang in there! :'(
Dec 5, 2014 10:00 PM

May 2013
Dark Tama looks so awesome being powerful. O_O

So Ulith became an Eternal Girl, so I'm sure she became a LRIG again. Tama didn't accept to be human so the real Iona went back to her original body while Tama was back with Mayu but taken prisoner. Seems to make sense. Although, I didn't get how the real Iona got back to her body. Then the LRIG Iona was called Yuki. Good name.
Time to have a little chat with Hanayo-san.
Dec 5, 2014 10:37 PM

Nov 2012
just when i thought WIXOSS couldn't get crazier.. akira gets more insane in each episode, and now mayu lost it too.. poor tama, i wonder what happens to her now :(
and nice to see hanayo/yuzuki and kazuki returning. they haven't forgotten about them after all!
silverwallsDec 5, 2014 11:01 PM
Dec 5, 2014 11:40 PM

Dec 2010
Intense episode as always. So Akira wants to show her love for Ulith by hurting her, and then healing her, then becoming an LRIG to human to hurt her again, and so on and so forth? That is totally not healthy at all...

Evil Tama looks so awesome!

Plus they are finally bringing Hanayo back into the story, I was wondering where she was throughout this season!
Dec 6, 2014 12:40 AM

Mar 2014
I would really like to watch an anime only about ulith and akira...... maybe iona, because it is really entertaining and dramatic.

BTW, does ulith look like another iona Lrig because apparently Lrigs take on the form of what they looked like when they were selectors.... e.g iona and the newly named yuuki, would that happen to ulith as well?
im wondering because i think it would be funny to see 3 ionas in a room together.

BTW, none of them seemed to care about how the Lrig managed to jump out of the card, "im off" jumps out of card "you can do that" "yes" "oh.... bye then".

BTW, also blew my mind that there was an original iona, i couldnt even comprehend the idea that there was an original iona and that she was back in her body, it didnt even occur to me that ....."yuuki" wasnt the original iona, which makes more sense now after all that dark girl bulllshit...... it was awesome.
zunderdog24Dec 6, 2014 3:18 AM