Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 22, 2012 6:32 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aaaaaaaand no more Major. =/
Mar 31, 2012 10:36 PM

Mar 2009
Was a good epi... I specially liked the ending song.
lordzenchiDec 18, 2012 11:04 AM
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Apr 6, 2012 12:37 PM
Sep 2011
Goro became a father, how endearing.
Apr 11, 2012 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Finally subbed after i went and watched raws, heh. Will greatly miss this though.
Apr 11, 2012 7:28 PM

Dec 2011
Watched it raw before, and it was great. Seeing it subbed just upped the enjoyment :)

The part where Goro reached the hospital to see his baby got me misty-eyed... and a giggle at the last second. Also glad to see that Toshi's abandonment issues getting resolved. Overall, the OVAs were great, though I wish it lasted a bit longer than 2 episodes. The issue regarding his head injury felt kind of short-lived, not complaining much though.

And now Major truly is over :( It's wishful thinking, but I hope this gets licensed in NA.
Apr 11, 2012 7:37 PM

Apr 2010
ShootingK said:
Watched it raw before, and it was great. Seeing it subbed just upped the enjoyment :)

The part where Goro reached the hospital to see his baby got me misty-eyed... and a giggle at the last second. Also glad to see that Toshi's abandonment issues getting resolved. Overall, the OVAs were great, though I wish it lasted a bit longer than 2 episodes. The issue regarding his head injury felt kind of short-lived, not complaining much though.

And now Major truly is over :( It's wishful thinking, but I hope this gets licensed in NA.

It would be doubtful at this point-- but you can support the franchise by importing the DVDs/BDs.
Apr 13, 2012 12:52 AM

Dec 2011
Solkiskey said:
It would be doubtful at this point-- but you can support the franchise by importing the DVDs/BDs.

That's the option I'm currently pursuing, with fingers crossed. They're hard to come across though. That, or I haven't looked far enough.
Apr 13, 2012 5:28 AM

Dec 2009
AMAZING, MAJOR WILL BE ON OF MY TOP SPORTS ANIME, man so sad i will really miss this show. The ending song is so amazinggg
Apr 13, 2012 5:51 AM

Apr 2010
ShootingK said:
Solkiskey said:

That's the option I'm currently pursuing, with fingers crossed. They're hard to come across though. That, or I haven't looked far enough.

I believe you can find some of them on Amazon JP. Or I could be wrong.

Also, FINALLY! Goro finally won ONE big championship in his whole basebal career.
Apr 30, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Fucking Toshi and my love/hate relationship with him finally ends with me loving him and his amazing family. Mamiko Noto as a sister and a mom and connects with him in the very end. Amazing, just amazing. I don't understand how this anime always makes me tear up.

Congratulations Honda, you've always been a world champion to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2012 5:32 PM
Mar 2010
This was great however a bit to fastpaced. I would have liked a more detailed ending with even more tension.

I know Major is now finished, but I think it could be really nice with a spin-off featuring Mayumura Kens rise to fame :)

He is an important character yet we don't get to know that much of his background.
May 10, 2012 6:03 PM

Apr 2007
What a powerful conclusion. And with some nice closure for Toshi as well <3

To think, this is the end of Major. It was a rough journey with quite a few annoyances along the way, but overall I still had a lot of fun and believe it was totally worth the watch. I'll surely miss this series.
Jun 17, 2012 5:46 PM

May 2008
Well, stepping the obvious, but I enjoyed Goro's playing after all. Got me on the edge of my seat too, even though I knew what's gonna happen... well, that's how a sports anime should be.
Glad to see that Toshi's long last family issues finally got concluded :D
Seriously I had my fingers crossed during the ending song that we could see something about Goro's child and YES! That's why I love subplot romance ^_^
Oct 15, 2012 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
fucking goro man.... would husband /10

no homo
Nov 12, 2012 5:50 AM

Jan 2008
Great, Goro is now a father of two. Great anime is great.
LieilaNov 12, 2012 6:47 AM
Jun 2, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
Damn an amazing ending, cant believe Major is done now. Going to miss it a lot and I cried a little in this ep, then again Major has always been good for a crying session XD
Jun 14, 2013 3:47 AM

Apr 2011
I love Major. I am super sad to see it done, but perfect ending!

I laugh at the end when Goro found out that The baby wasn't a boy.

MAJOR FOREVER!
Oct 1, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
I would have loved to see how Toshi and Mayamura came over and how Keene got traded...not to mention what became of Komori, but this was a great ending. Took eight years of fighting but he reached the top.

And now the circle continues with a....daughter.
Dec 13, 2013 12:42 PM

Apr 2011
Would have been a good ending if they haven't skipped a lot of stuff between the tv series and the ova

oh well.
Dec 26, 2013 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
Wish we could have more Major, but alas, that's it. I'll be sure to hunt for the manga now.

Great OVA. IDK if this deserves an 8 or 9, but definitely almost made me cry when they threw in some Toshi x Goro memories. My favourite battery :) I liked seeing everyone again and the match was pretty intense even though it was obvious who would win.
Mar 24, 2014 2:15 PM

Sep 2013
Wow, what a series it was. Such a long time since I marathoned anything.

Anyway, overall a top series, with only one of the 6 main seasons being weak-ish. I think Goro could've developed more, but in the end he was another amazing character in an anime full of awesome characters (Toshi, Mayumura, Gibson, Junior, Honda, Komori [yes] etc etc etc) haha.

I wanted as well to see more of Mayumura, probably my favourite one in the show.

One way or another, I had a lot of fun watching the full series.
Apr 7, 2014 7:56 PM

Dec 2010
They always gotta make it harder for Goro by having him have an injury..LOL.

Wow Sato and his mom, glad they got that settled.
PknoctisApr 7, 2014 8:09 PM
Apr 11, 2014 1:21 AM

Dec 2012
Goro became a world champion pitcher and a father in one night. That's the best double play of the series.

It was great to get closure on Toshiya's past and I could feel tears moving up when he saw his mother again.

That game was awesome, they managed to bring so much emotion and many awesome plays to the table in 2 short episodes. My only gripe is that it was only 2 short episodes. Major has been an extremely long and satisfying experience, with only Message left for me. 9th inning/10, to compliment season 6.
Jun 12, 2014 12:48 AM

Dec 2011
Rewatching this awesome anime 4th times and it still keep me pump up....definitely one of the best sport anime and i wish they could have done a world series anime not OVA or there is translating for that part for the manga.
Goro is such and amazing character and i have always cheer for GoroxShimizu
Jul 16, 2014 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
Well that was something i was hoping too see for most of the series both Prominent characters from the Japan Arcs (Toshi, Mayamura) and the Many Characters From the America Arcs (Keene, Joe Gibson Jr) Going head to head in one last Game. Spectacular just all around amazing i'm really glad i decided to pick up this series early. although i'm watching it timeline wise so i still have Major message To go.

Although i Really wanna know what the name of the song was called at the ending it was absolutely amazing. If anyone knows it i would very appreciative if you could message me the name of it and the Band! :D

xD Goro Wanted a boy it appears, still Cheers to the Couple of Kaoru x Goro!
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Sep 30, 2014 6:50 PM

Apr 2013
Baller ending to a baller show about a baller baller. Nuff' said.
Nov 9, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Goro deserved the win, he did great !

9/10 for this ending ova series.
Jan 7, 2015 11:48 PM

Nov 2009
Finally he gets a real win! Hell yeah! And what a way to win it, on the same day his child is born, and coming back like that. God I loved the ending! Seeing this all play out . . . I really liked this OVA, what a great series overall. ^_^
Apr 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
At last we get to see him win and become a father. :) That forced drama was not necessary, but executed well. And I'm so glad we could see the awesome battery again. =)
Jun 2, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2014
Seeing Goro's winning face was glorious! he finally won the big one! Best baseball anime ever!
Aug 11, 2015 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
Perfect ending.
When did the 104 mph fastball happen, there's been a 103 mph fastball, I thought this last pitch would be the one?
Aug 20, 2015 4:46 AM

Jun 2009
the timeskip killed any hype i had left for this series. dull match.
Aug 31, 2015 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
I would enjoy this much more if it did not feel like there was some huge parts missing. Time skips are seldom done well in anime (or many other medium if you want to nitpick) but this time skip was probably one of the worst handled ones I've seen so far.

We get tons of stuff without any good explanation. All in all Major went down hill (Not by miles or anything like that) from season 2. I wish it could have been done better but in the end i am happy with i got.

I would give the series 7/10 all-in-all.
Oct 16, 2015 4:14 PM

Sep 2010
That's the ending that this great series deserved.

I really would like to see those 8 years that were leading to it.

Even if not all 8 years could be put into the story, at least two more, no at least that one last season that lead to the world series should be there!

There is no use to complain about that but just say thank that at least those two episodes exist
Jan 5, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2015
Great match, I just wish Goro came in to pitch earlier. Too many times he's burdened w/ injuries in matches, I wanted a full healthy game from him.
Ah well.
Feb 1, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
"come again?!"

ahahahaha

them toshi tears though.
May 5, 2016 2:09 AM

Feb 2013
Great!
They won the World Series, too bad we didn't see how they made it to the finals in the first place.
Toshi forgave his mother, that was nice.
Feb 24, 2017 9:13 AM

Jul 2015
What a great ova indeed.
Toshi's problem resolved elegantly.
Goro win the World Series and become a father.
Such a happy ending of the best sport anime that I've ever watched. Major has all element that make it always entertaining and interesting. Many great characters, great developments, tear jerking moment, and happiness at the end. (Haikyuu and Kuroko no Basket can't be compared to Major).

A solid 9/10 for this Series.
Nov 11, 2017 7:32 PM

Nov 2014
Just finished this show, this is what separates a good show from a masterpiece. 10/10 ending, could not have asked for anything better and it is one I will not forget for a long time. Never would have thought I could've watched 100+ episodes of a baseball anime. Sure there were frustrating moments and Goro was extremely annoying at times, but it was wonderful seeing him grow from a little kid to a father. Can't wait for the sequel with his son, Daigo.
Jan 27, 2018 6:49 AM
Dec 2015
Ahh what a good ending for my childhood series <3 I keep forgetting to continue it too but now reading the 2nd installment is such a good feeling. I wish Goro can show up in the sequel already because he really cares about Daigo. His excitement of naming his son Daigo at the end only to find out it's a girl (Izumi) was hilarious.

But the best part of me is really the battery interactions and Toshi's closure finally. The flashbacks when they were children/MS/HS and the subtle way of how Toshi understand Goro no matter what. Toshi's grand slam~ I don't know why the opposing team never marked him every time, 99% of the time Toshi can hit a grand slam in an important moment. And the final hug~ What a perfect ending.

It was also kind of funny how the series also talked about Goro's abundance of illness and injuries. lol
Jan 31, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2011
Wow that was beautiful.
Feb 23, 2018 6:57 AM

Nov 2016
Great ending with many emotional moments and also hype af.

8,5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2018 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
Wish we could have more Major, but alas, that's it. I'll be sure to hunt for the manga now.

Great OVA. IDK if this deserves an 8 or 9, but definitely almost made me cry when they threw in some Toshi x Goro memories. My favourite battery :) I liked seeing everyone again and the match was pretty intense even though it was obvious who would win.

Done my rewatch!!!

Golden battery was so amazing. Loved that both Goro and Toshi got a chance to shine. The best moment was Toshi raising a fist in the sky after seeing his mother. So incredible.

Finally, my son Goro won a championship. hE deserves it so much. I'm so happy.

I hope the Major 2nd Anime gets intense as this. I would cry. I hope there is another sports anime nearly as epic.

Same score as before, 8/10.
Dec 29, 2019 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
All I can say was this was rushed af.
Apr 1, 2020 10:09 AM
Aug 2015
"You haven't had any luck in winning anything big since your little league days"... What is his Dad talking about? He literally hasn't won anything... He won the Minors and that's all... What big win did he get in the little league? Please don't tell me beating a team whilst being concidered an underdog is classed as winning big... hahaha
Jul 15, 2020 2:23 PM

Jul 2016
Finally watched this after completing Season 6 two years ago! Life sometimes just gets in the way :). Thankfully some of the flashbacks and just seeing the characters themselves helped trigger my long term memory.. anyway.. awesome ending!

I'm glad to see the majority of people on here loving it, too. I was expecting some dramatic come back from the Raiders when the Hornets hit the grand slam, but Goro just shutting that shit down in dominate fashion was the perfect ending considering all the crap he has gone through. Yeah, super rushed but who cares! Major is the best!
Aug 17, 2020 3:09 PM

Dec 2007
i dare to say that this is the final episode of the episode, unlike the last TV episode that wrap up only goro&shimizu plus couple of things this episode wrap important things such as toshi and his mother, and goro not only duelled against junior for the championship but also for his lost at the world cup.

so yeah, this is the real final episode.

last minute = LOL

9.9/10
Oct 22, 2021 1:41 AM

Jul 2015
Shed a tear seeing Goro who we've followed since he was a 5-year old now becoming a dad.

I wish we got some more episodes on the world series but still great ova with Toshi getting some closure and also Goro finally winning and even more: becoming a World Champion

Nov 15, 2021 5:58 PM

Jul 2016
I really, REALLY wish we had gotten another world cup arc, it prob would've been my favorite sports anime of all time if that had happened, it's still a masterpiece, you literally see a human being developed from kindergarten to being a father, it's amazing.
Also, I really liked how the romance was dealt in this work, that "Klank!' poem from Shimizu from the first Season is top 5 scenes of all anime.
DooMWhiteNov 15, 2021 6:06 PM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Aug 22, 2022 4:23 AM

Jan 2020
While the OVAs were on the cheap side, at least ShoPro was able to scrape together the funding to adapt the end of the World Series arc for the manga fans. Maybe I should pick up the manga sometime. Also Goro’s mom was finally mentioned again after being forgotten about for so long lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major: World Series Episode 1 Discussion

Aria_Wright - Dec 26, 2011

28 by Unkrowned »»
Oct 22, 2021 1:20 AM

» Major : World Series General Discussion

Aria_Wright - Oct 31, 2011

13 by Mayuka »»
Dec 26, 2013 5:43 PM

» Subtitles for the extended World Series OVA/Movie?

Eiennoousama - May 20, 2013

1 by Shiro-Yin »»
Jul 7, 2013 7:02 AM

» ova's and movie

Ellyssi - Jun 18, 2012

1 by Aria_Wright »»
Jun 26, 2012 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.