Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2011 1:34 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit just got real.

Poor Tiger can't see his daughter yet again. Glad we actually got some of the other heroes in on the action, since all the combat is usually just Tiger and Barnaby doing their super strength dealie. Preview seemed to imply that Origami will get to actually do something important next week with a stealth mission.
Jun 4, 2011 3:26 PM

May 2010
I REALLY REALLY REALLY liked this episode. Not that I didn't like the others, but this one...
Of course, Tiger barely makes it in the hero rankings. And he gets the lameo toy and can't even keep his promise to his little girl. Poor guy. XD At least it looks like Barnaby's being a little more considerate toward him.
And the arch-nemesis has appeared! And those moving toys were really creepy! Especially at the end, when they all shot up and self-destructed at the same time.
Jun 4, 2011 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
Excellent episode. Love the 3 faction dynamic that's developing here between the heroes, Lunatic, and Ouroboros. All of them being very effective at what they do (law enforcement, vigilante justice, and violent crime) makes the struggle between them a real treat to watch.

Got a pretty good guess as to what Origami's going to be up to next week - swapping bodies with Martinez just makes so much sense. He's going to be a plainclothesman by the end of the series if he realizes what he's actually good for.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jun 4, 2011 7:36 PM

Aug 2009
:-D More plot! They are just piling the arcs on top of us aren't they? Poor Kotetsu, he's so guilty about being away from his kid that he's an easy sucker for salesman. I know! Maybe Kaede could move closer.

The lack of movement of the Mechas was irritating. But it was made up for when that awesome music began and the bears blew up, that was such a good piece of the soundtrack.

Cutie escape made me laugh, Tiger is so hilarious, and the Gatling gun was cool, albeit it could have been more awesome. Bunny catching Tiger and commenting on his weight was golden. I promise you Bunny, it's all in muscle.

Origami looks like he will have a greater role next episode, looking forward to it, this preview is a lot more vague than all the previous ones.
Jun 4, 2011 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
oh shit sternbild's got an injustice league
and i cant wait for origami's time to shine
Jun 4, 2011 11:22 PM
Sep 2009
Enter Ouroboros, YES. Jake must be an important member for a group as seemingly secretive as Ouroboros to make such a bombastic appearance and hold an entire city as hostage. It was also great to see all the other heroes in action. Can't wait for the next episode.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jun 5, 2011 1:05 AM

Jan 2011
Your all teasing me because I can't understand RAW I HATE YOU ALL!!
[center]
Jun 5, 2011 1:34 AM

Nov 2009
Wow, they took entire city hostage just to make the authorities release Martinez... Now, that's the scale.

Absolutely loved how Bunny saved the 'ohime-sama' Tiger yet again XDDD

Also,was kind of surprised Tiger could fight those robots after his superpower ran out.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 5, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2010
VioLink said:
Your all teasing me because I can't understand RAW I HATE YOU ALL!!

RAW? It comes out subbed on Hulu every week, bud.
Jun 5, 2011 7:58 AM

Aug 2009
Awesome episode. I actually found the Mad Bears cute...
Bunny to the rescue gave me the yaoi chills. I just wanted to say that.
Jun 5, 2011 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
Yukari_Hiwada said:

LOLZ, I thought it didn't, but then the whole comment on his weight, that was taking it overboard.
Jun 5, 2011 8:28 AM

Oct 2010
Yukari_Hiwada said:

They are going to kiss by the time this season ends... even if it is trip-n-kiss it going to happen
huh?
Jun 5, 2011 8:36 AM

Aug 2009
choyos said:
... even if it is trip-n-kiss it going to happen

I spat water on my monitor because of this. Trip-n-kiss, I'm going to use that, is it copyright? Oh goodness, I can see that happening... oh dear.
Jun 5, 2011 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
Bunny has a NSX ?!
anyway, let's hope the plan with Origami go well.
Jun 5, 2011 11:24 AM

Jul 2010
I kinda feel bad for all the people who wrote / are writing this show off. This just got even more amazing.
Jun 5, 2011 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
For a secret organization Ouroboros sure is flashy. Now all the players are on stage. We will get a lot of action in the future episodes.

Poor Tiger. He just can't catch a break. He should really do something because he will regret letting his daughter grow without seeing her. Also is probably better not to call her about visiting her until his actually there so he won't have the risk of disappointing her every time.
Jun 5, 2011 1:41 PM

Nov 2010
Awesome episode, it's getting more and more awesome each week. D:
Jun 5, 2011 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
If that's the calm, the storm should be pretty crazy. Awesome episode as usual, very entertaining and the characters are still among the best this season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 5, 2011 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
So this show continues to be "just-as-wanted"... magnificent.

Good episode. I felt really bad for Kotetsu, poor dad, he's trying to be such a sweet parent for his daughter, but... he's just kind of clumsy/clueless. Aaawwwh.
The plot is flowing nicely. Something felt a bit off in the middle of episode, maybe robot animation or pacing, but otherwise awesome ep. I'm eagerly waiting for more. + Kotetsu, why so cool.

On a side note, the picture at the end was neat, since I didn't realize what it represented immediately. I was like 'yeah, the fingerprints, no wait, trees... no, a skull?'

(Tiger & Bunny is definitely one of my season's favorites, I'm so happy I decided to start watching it when I was wondering which airing series should I watch. Really, the name is super misleading, [on purpose, I guess] I thought the series was about some pastel-colored children's animal world or maybe some terrible animal-themed moe harem anime... but it wasn't. Thank you Sunrise.)

Now then, because I can no longer help myself, I'm off to draw some fan art.
MinekoJun 5, 2011 3:18 PM
Jun 5, 2011 2:51 PM

Sep 2010
choyos said:
RAW? It comes out subbed on Hulu every week, bud.

Sadly not all of us T&B fans have access to Hulu. D:
Finally got to watch it elsewhere though and holy crap, what a good episode!

I guess it makes sense that Kotetsu never really attempts to see Kaede anymore even though he comes off as a bad father at times. Seems to always end in broken promises and disappointment. Poor Tiger... >:

Yukari_Hiwada said:

Oh Sunrise, you and your not-so-subtle yaoi implications. Hahaha!
Jun 5, 2011 3:21 PM

Nov 2007
ohime-sama huh, bunny....? thanks for the fujoshi fix, sunrise, despite the intense atmosphere of this episode. B)b

i kinda want seaweed head/lunatic to team up w/ the heroes.... :I & LMFAO WHY DOES BUNNY REFER TO IVAN AS "ORIGAMI-SENPAI"??? is ivan older than bunny, omg. mindfuck rn.
Jun 5, 2011 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
^ I assumed it's because Ivan's been in the business longer? The senpai thing is determined by experience and not age right?

I'm also hoping for a Tiger and Bunny kiss scene XD Maybe in the comedic way that is done in british sitcoms when two complete straight characters have to kiss.
Jun 5, 2011 5:03 PM
Mar 2010
Dittoing.
This episode was really good.
Jun 5, 2011 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
well this has to be the best or one of the best episodes so far in the anime, that picture jake drew in prison is pretty badass, actually the whole episode was badass.

really looking forward to more of this.
Jun 5, 2011 6:35 PM

Jan 2011
Lol Phionex fan-service xD Do not want xD
Kotetsu : "Your gonna love your present"

Daughter: "Better not be one of those Mad bears"

Kotetsu:

Tiger was so cool with the Gatling gun xD next ep Origami gonna do some undercover work!?
[center]
Jun 5, 2011 9:23 PM

Oct 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
choyos said:
... even if it is trip-n-kiss it going to happen

I spat water on my monitor because of this. Trip-n-kiss, I'm going to use that, is it copyright? Oh goodness, I can see that happening... oh dear.

buajajajaja no is not copy write... it so going to happen.
huh?
Jun 5, 2011 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
The episode was good. I wanted to see an episode focusing on Bison or on Sky, since they didn't have their episodes, but this one was good.

It reminded me of what Gordon says to Batman in Begins.

Still waiting for the episode in which Tiger gets to be cool and gets some love from his daughter.
Jun 5, 2011 10:17 PM

Nov 2007
bad guys yes! why is Jake naked in prison? and Bunny saving Tiger was a little too bromancey. poor Tiger... he gets time off and he's trying to be a father for once, buys the wrong toy and then the bridge blows up.
Jun 6, 2011 1:15 AM

Oct 2010
Lol at Fire Emblem troll fan service I thought it was Blue Rose xDD..

Man that Jake dude is really creepy >,<..and I hope that Lunatic shows up next week I think he will put those Ouroboros guys back into their place :3..

Definitely this show is my favorite of the season <3..

Jun 6, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2010
lol.. cards falling Bakugan style.

Also seconding the trip-n-kiss idea. Sky High is apparantly the most popular Hero yet he hasn't gotten any of the limelight? He better get an awesome episode.
Jun 6, 2011 9:49 AM

May 2010
Oh shit thing gets serious for the heroes now !!
Jun 6, 2011 11:21 AM

Aug 2009
Game_Master said:
Bunny has a NSX ?!
anyway, let's hope the plan with Origami go well.
Does he now?
Damnit, I am too lazy at the moment to rewatch the episode.
Then again, I wouldn't doubt it if he can afford a NSX.

Anyways, great episode. Poor Kotetsu, he will eventually get to spend some time with his daughter. ;_;
That drawing that Jake did in Prison. Holy crap. It was awesome.
Dang, this whole episode was just awesome. Can't wait for next weeks.
Jun 6, 2011 11:21 AM
May 2009
The picture in the end was so awesome. Yay, a skull.
I wonder what Lunatic will do. He'll be the black ranger, totally. X'D
Poor Ivan, got off the screen after he saved a person, but that was cute.
...I'm just being an E7 maniac now, but lol, Jake had Holland's voice, and the girl from Ourouboros had Talho's.
Jun 6, 2011 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
I actually was hoping for Tiger to shine in this episode. I meanm he did very heroic stuff mannnn, he tried to save a civillain while enduring bullets. Then he was like shooting with the gatling gun like a boss! Then Bunny-chan came to rescue him again and i was like kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

...ok excuse my fujoshi-ness

i think Origami Cyclone is really cool in this one. His line was romantic ^////^"

i disagree that Kaede should move closer. I mean, the city is prone to criminals so you gotta expect crime to happen here and there.

Heroes in a serious pinch now. It got me into a lot of tension that i'm thinking of dropping, but I'm M towards T&B so I'm gonna wait like a hungry kitten.
Jun 6, 2011 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
"It's been a while since I carried you like this. Have you lost weight?"

FUCK YES SUNRISE KEEP GIVING THIS FUJOSHI WHAT IT WANTS
Jun 7, 2011 10:31 AM

May 2010
Poor Tiger. Being a hero sure is a tough one. I hope Kaede understands her father.

And LOL @ fire emblem's shower scene.

I was like "Woo. Steam. It must be - Wait. Why black??" Trololololol

Also, Bunny's entrance saving Tiger definitely made fujoshis "Kyaaaa" xD

I hope we can see some spy action. :D
Jun 7, 2011 5:15 PM
May 2011
Maskonna said:
Lol at Fire Emblem troll fan service I thought it was Blue Rose xDD..

Man that Jake dude is really creepy >,<..and I hope that Lunatic shows up next week I think he will put those Ouroboros guys back into their place :3..

Definitely this show is my favorite of the season <3..
im pretty sur elunatic isnt gonna survive the whole serise, jake is proboly going to be the biggest villian alongside ouroborous. my guess is lunatic will proboly get K/Oed around ep 15/16

jake screams main villian, honestly who do you think is more main villian property, the guy who shows up straight the hell out of no where and relay is just kinda a anti hero or the guy weve been building up since ep 2
ItsSoPringlesJun 7, 2011 5:19 PM
Jun 8, 2011 10:27 AM
Jan 2011
Sekkusu said:
Awesome episode, it's getting more and more awesome each week. D:

There is still 15 episode to go, so relax.
Jun 9, 2011 5:37 AM

Nov 2009
I like the three faction too. Anyways, i loved his conversation with his daughter on the phone, and it looks like she was right again.

Action was pretty good, and Ourobo is pretty strong.
Jun 9, 2011 12:36 PM
May 2011
im noticing the cgi is getting cut back which i reply with THANK GOD, i mean its sitll there but its not like the first few eps where every hero was cgi
Jun 10, 2011 1:01 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure if this is mentioned yet, but there's a reoccurring character that keeps bumping into the heroes... suspicious character maybe? clutz?

Episode 5

Episode 7

Episode 10

Thoughts anyone?
Jun 10, 2011 1:19 AM

Apr 2008
who knows, she might actually be the Ouboros girl... :O
Jun 10, 2011 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
purplegem7 said:
I'm not sure if this is mentioned yet, but there's a reoccurring character that keeps bumping into the heroes... suspicious character maybe? clutz?

Thoughts anyone?

I think she might be a small time actress who works with the channel, notice how she was cleaning up with the heroes in episode 9, and in episode 7 she was part of the skit. Then she was rescued once from the clown rapist dude thing (maybe staged? It is reality tv after all) But the grocery cart was probably coincidence and the most recent rescue was probably the only real rescue.

Any way, she's cute, probably the cutest female of the series, the perfect damsel in distress.
Jun 10, 2011 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
Well shit just hit the fan. I hope the show can keep up this pace. It's going really well now and I am pretty excited to see how it shall continue.

The picture at the end was pretty cool, lol.
Jun 11, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap, how is this anime so good?! Poor Tiger can't see his daughter again, WTF those weird bears O_O So Ouroboros are NEXTs too it seems ... plus what rotten timing, Barnaby helps him and they want to release that guy D; Have to say his picture was pretty cool though O_O
Suspension of disbelief OK for this anime (like why nobody was shooting at Tiger lol) and I loled at "Don't kill steal! XD" Seems like Origami is gonna pretend to be Jake I'm guessing next episode ... ;O
Jun 11, 2011 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
all i can say is that jake guy really knows how to draw! LOL
that's one hell of an art....
Jun 24, 2011 5:32 PM

Jul 2007
I love the trumpet and brass that plays during the previews and when Bunny saved Tiger! I WANT IT.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 28, 2011 8:22 AM

Jan 2011
AstuteOtaku said:
purplegem7 said:

Thoughts anyone?

I think she might be a small time actress who works with the channel, notice how she was cleaning up with the heroes in episode 9, and in episode 7 she was part of the skit. Then she was rescued once from the clown rapist dude thing (maybe staged? It is reality tv after all) But the grocery cart was probably coincidence and the most recent rescue was probably the only real rescue.

Any way, she's cute, probably the cutest female of the series, the perfect damsel in distress.

her face looks like Yukina from Senkou no Night Raid

chaelmi said:
all i can say is that jake guy really knows how to draw! LOL
that's one hell of an art....

agreed, i like that drawing too

feel pity for Tiger, always cant keep his promise to Kaede due to work...
Jun 28, 2011 8:36 AM
Jun 2008
omg kotetsu finally read the English entirely in the ending .
Jul 4, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
It's awesome how this show just keeps being... well, awesome.
But I want my Ohara Sayaka back. D:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.