Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 9:49 AM

Dec 2021
Having to bring it to the store just to charge it is a fatal flaw for a product. It would make more sense if they said the circuit was damaged from the last attack. Maybe the recall happened because they realized the mistake after it was released?

As a story, it feels like it’ll stay small and contained—no tearjerkers expected.

Sep 21, 10:01 AM
Jun 2024
spoilers: is atri still going to die?
Sep 21, 10:15 AM

May 2015
Submarine is the real MVP
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 21, 10:23 AM

Mar 2021
Nice to see that Atri is safe for a while. Am looking forward to learning what project Eden is to Atri.
Sep 21, 10:32 AM

Jul 2016
Of all the emotional moments in this final stretch, it's embarrassing how Natsuki thanking Submarine-chan for how much "she's" helped him throughout all these years got to me as much as it did. Them going on a final diving mission together was just the icing on the cake.

But fr robots with built-in dementia is more distressing than it has any right to be
Sep 21, 10:57 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to godzilla9637

@godzilla9637

Good question, they never brought this capsule back up in the VN (if my memory serves me right) and Atri's battery was really fucked up since she had no maintenance for decades....

Now it seems like they can just charge her whenever and we might get a new original ending with the cake intact and eating it too.

But it's not impossible the rug will be still pulled from under us. They might want to make it a tearjerker after all but after this much change in direction nobody knows.

It will be a surprise for everyone.
MomoSinXSep 21, 11:02 AM
Sep 21, 12:13 PM

Aug 2022
Submarine-Kun is the real mvp of the story, Honestly this episode being so serious because atri was low on battery honestly made it pretty funny to me
Sep 21, 12:51 PM
Aug 2024
Of course, leave it to the Deus Ex Machina to continue the story. And it was going so well.
Sep 21, 1:41 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

I may be mistaken, but this episode hinted and I feel Atri, after finally becoming a gynoid of loving grace, will give its life reverting the environmental catastrophe out of the love it feels for Natsuki.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 21, 1:56 PM

Jul 2022
I nearly had a heart attack when Atri was out of charge, but thankfully, they managed to save her capsule and recharge her. I really hope this is the only time Atri faces problems with her charge and memory. Now, the final order left by Natsuki's grandmother is coming.

Sep 21, 2:02 PM
Jul 2024
I have a very, very bad feeling about the next episode. I don't know why, but I think it's meant to be a tear jerker.
Sep 21, 2:18 PM

Jan 2022
Another good episode, only two lefts ;_; , maybe it wasn't as impactful as previous drama moments because the problem was fixed in an episode, but nonetheless it was interesting to also see the aftermath of the relation between Atri and Natsuki.
I like everything, ok
Sep 21, 3:48 PM
Sep 2023
I think I'm the only one out here who doesn't like the ambiguous relationship between Natsuki and Atri. Is he in love with her, is he not? I certainly hope he isn't: Atri looks like a child, although she is ageless, while Natsuki is much older, and a relationship between a robot (humanoid) and a human is something that creeps me out and something that feels so wrong. The reason I keep watching this anime is because I was hoping the show would go down a different path than a romance between a humanoid and a human (I still think that the kiss scene and the whole being in love scene/arc was kind of useless as there were other ways to show that Atri has a "heart"). I also liked the whole climatic disaster and trying to make people's lives better on the island but that wasn't the main topic of the anime to my dismay.

I'm curious to see what the Eden mission/project is but the "romantic" scenes with tension between Natsuki and Atri make me so uncomfortable
Sep 21, 3:52 PM

Jun 2023
It’s hard to tell if this’ll go in the same direction as the VN or be completely different. Either way it’s time for Eden
Sep 21, 5:01 PM
Jun 2024
I liked the new scene for the charging thing. The VN didn't have anything relating to Atri's batteries and I had no clue how she keeps on going. Figured she just somehow regenerates energy when sleeping.

I'm struggling to see how the rest of the story will even fit into 2 episodes. Given the massive changes, I'm gonna make a random guess that we are getting a completely different ending than the one in the VN.
Sep 21, 6:08 PM
Jun 2022
Really thought we were about to have a repeat of plastic memories here and I was about to CRY. Glad she's okay for now and I will put away my torch and pitchfork
Sep 21, 9:01 PM

Jul 2017
Atri now becoming low voltage, and Natsuki deciding to head to the Academy in the mainlands to learn more about Humanoids, it's a good start. Whilst him having to leave all of his things with the boat and submarine behind to Ryuuji and the others to continue the salvage shop, Atri...has other ideas, like getting into romance with Natsuki after getting ideas from Catherine, though its easily awkward for them as well, in a way to determine the relationship between a human and a Humanoid.

Atri not being able to function, and it all rests on a battery charge. But this maneuver is one of the most pressing things Natsuki and the gang has ever presumed since it's more than just a battery issue after the recall, and the capsule is the only way to get her recharged, which thankfully is still in place that they're able to bring it to the surface and recharge her on the spot.

All's about to be revealed with the capsule, about Project Eden and his grandmother's final order...
Sep 21, 9:27 PM

May 2019
Oh man what a cliffhanger! I was already on the edge of my seat when Natsuki brought up Atri's capsule hoping that that wouldn't get botched which it thankfully wasn't. Now I'm curious what grandma's final order was, maybe it has something to do with the flooded area, we'll see.
Alfredo-SauceSep 22, 11:32 AM
Sep 21, 9:34 PM
Apr 2013
EP 11

Last time uhhh things happened

Oh ok, so its some other plot shenanigan...for next time. Only 2 eps left to go. Whatever that is

This ep was mostly like self contained ish, like, atri running out of battery and then resolved in the same ep, and some cliffhang for next time
Even in ep 11 we get more cliffhang and whiplash.

Like. No overt plot twist, yet. Still dunno if they're actually going to the mainland or not
Sep 21, 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, what an episode!
Btw, that charging capsule was amazing.
It can charge her just like that?! owo

RIP
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 22, 12:44 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to godzilla9637
@godzilla9637 What kind of spoiler waning is that. Its so bad.
Sep 22, 1:41 AM

Feb 2016
Imagine being about to have sex with your robot girlfriend and suddendly she gets out of batteries lmao

It would have been such a great end if Atri really had accidentally killed Natsuki with the pillow lmao

In all honestly, we got like 2 things from this episode, it felt like filler lol
And since the capsule opens and closes so slowly it should have been full of water when Atri left it when she was found.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Sep 22, 6:11 AM

Jul 2023
I was ambivalent with this episode. The previous episode could have been the finale.

Anyway, we're here to tie loose ends. What was the final order?
Sep 22, 11:46 AM

Jun 2016
why they do this ??

this will be good if that humanoid RIP ..

but lets we see how the ending goes ..
Sep 22, 12:30 PM
Apr 2024
I dunno about you, but when I have to find the manual for the girl I like cuz her battery is depleting, that's when the magic disappears and I snap back to reality that I'm in love with a robot.

So if the capsule charges Atri, what powers the capsule...? Also that's some insanely fast wireless charging speed, unless there was a plug that went into Atri that we didn't see... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like how Natsuki just brushes off the fact that HIS SUBMARINE SAID THANK YOU, AND IT'S SENTIENT. He should apologize for all the times he rubbed one out while inside of it.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Sep 22, 1:45 PM
Oct 2022
I thought for a second that Atri is gone, without any chance for her battery to be recharged. After all, Natsuki came with a salvage solution as always: the capsule.

The capsule is the only responsible thing that kept Atri’s battery charged. Pretty impressive!

I love how Natsuki did not want to let Atri forget him completely, he loves her so much and he couldn’t give up on her. It is great that he will be returning to his Academy for studies though:)
Sep 22, 9:41 PM

May 2015
for a moment I thought it was gonna go full plastic memories
Sep 22, 10:41 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to samsterbirdies
I liked the new scene for the charging thing. The VN didn't have anything relating to Atri's batteries and I had no clue how she keeps on going. Figured she just somehow regenerates energy when sleeping.

I'm struggling to see how the rest of the story will even fit into 2 episodes. Given the massive changes, I'm gonna make a random guess that we are getting a completely different ending than the one in the VN.
@samsterbirdies I was debating whether to read the VN, as it's been on my list for a while, and thought the Anime was doing a good enough job, that I may not need to (I have so many on my list, it would have been nice to knock one off, lol) but now I'll be curious to hear from others if and how different the ending is.
Sep 23, 12:05 AM
Feb 2021
Well I'm glad they changed it if the VN had a sad ending that's the last thing we need. Also I don't see Natsuki & ATRI getting together romantically I think there has been hints that would be too problematic.
If I had to guess they will end up heading some eco-project.. or something..
Anyway I'm absolutely loving this show it just my kind of thing. Between this and Nier Automata for aots
Sep 23, 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Boring show. Can't wait for it to end. Recharging scene wasn't suspenseful at all.
Sep 23, 7:17 PM

Jul 2022
Don't tell me this anime is another of those 「The Day I Became a God」

Sep 23, 7:28 PM
Aug 2024
Episode 11 was quite fun to watch. I can’t tell if it was supposed to be sad but sure did catch me off guard with the battery. This is off topic but does the visual novel have enough materiel for season 2 of the anime?
Sep 23, 9:25 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to hikikodokumori
Of course, leave it to the Deus Ex Machina to continue the story. And it was going so well.
@hikikodokumori I accept it. It's clear that this is the first real deviation from the source material. You know when you read a tragedy, and you really like it, and you feel sad for the characters and you wish they could be saved, but then again not because it would ruin the perfection of the story? The original VN still exists. If I were to find a flaw with the source, it was it being a game where you could never make a choice that mattered.
Love_And_ForwardSep 24, 8:58 AM
Sep 23, 9:29 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Hipp0Dip
Episode 11 was quite fun to watch. I can’t tell if it was supposed to be sad but sure did catch me off guard with the battery. This is off topic but does the visual novel have enough materiel for season 2 of the anime?
@Hipp0Dip No, not at all. I see no logic in this episode if it doesn't lead into a changed ending, or even, possibly, an open ending making another season an option.
Sep 24, 2:10 AM

Oct 2017
Had me worried for a moment there but glad she's fine. Though did she really get well that easily? Also grandma prolly left something behind to fix the ocean problem or something.
Sep 24, 3:38 AM

Feb 2018
I was pretty anxious throughout the episode with the signs Atri was giving to the point of her charging. It was a good thing that everything was fine in the end? I actually thought about how she got her energy before and it was finally mentioned this episode lol.

And now we got this Eden thing and Nonko's last order. As an anime-only watcher for this series at the moment, I guess we'll find out more next episode.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Sep 24, 4:08 AM

Jan 2024
Thank God for that old submarine & grandma.
Sep 24, 10:04 AM

Apr 2017
This episode is purely an anime original that is tied to how the story will proceed from this point and I'm guessing it will involve an anime original ending or still could follow the VNs ending depending on how will they handle the Eden part.

But seriously though, with the inclusion of the capsule apparently being a charger for Atri, it really changes the atmosphere for the anime, especially now that the 45-days calendar agenda that is in the VN is not adapted here. I'm geniunely curious on how the anime will conclude the story.
Sep 28, 10:44 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to Jackson1333
@samsterbirdies I was debating whether to read the VN, as it's been on my list for a while, and thought the Anime was doing a good enough job, that I may not need to (I have so many on my list, it would have been nice to knock one off, lol) but now I'll be curious to hear from others if and how different the ending is.
@Jackson1333 idk. personally it was one of my favorites. The VN seemed way better to me, but I don't have any experience of going from anime to vn to know what that experience would be like. There's a ton of changes in the anime so maybe it would be interesting. There's also a manga adaptation, which so far has stuck extremely close to the VN in comparison.
Oct 3, 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
Atri giving us a scare. I feared she'd lose her memories and we'd get a drama of her struggling to remember all that happened in previous episodes or "losing soul", becoming just a machine. Glad that didn't happen.
Oct 5, 12:34 PM

Aug 2020
Finally the final order hehe and to think the answer was in the capsule.

Nice episode as always. Story coming to an end little by little.

Oct 7, 7:19 AM

Aug 2023
wow.. what a wireless fast charging u got there... faster than Samsung & iphone wireless charger

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Oct 11, 2:44 PM

Feb 2022
did grandma somehow put the information in the capsule or did she just remember it by herself?
edit:nvm it's explained in next ep
degenerate-2002Oct 12, 11:18 PM
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jul 20

73 by Ashhk »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

44 by FragmantLemon »»
Yesterday, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cuhoangdk - Jul 5

103 by Ashhk »»
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Atri: My Dear Moments Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Oct 5

105 by BLANKED-KUN »»
Oct 14, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Will you sell her?

Ilhan391 - Aug 6

27 by GreenDLight »»
Oct 11, 2:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.