Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda like this character from the episode:

So cute. What an episode. Yajima sure ran into something awkward there at the end lolol. The ending was funny with the hand chop:

:P
Aug 10, 2013 10:35 AM
Dec 2012
They were still talking about the trap. It's getting boring.
Aug 10, 2013 12:04 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 10, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2012
Kikuchi getting choked twice, shouldn't be surprised that he'd enjoye it XD
Stark700 said:

Sue ftw :3

BEST PART.
And was that Sue in a Mawaru Penguidrum cosplay during the preview?
CAN'T WAIT.
Aug 10, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2013
Another trap lol.

Yajima: "Don't underestimate a fat chick's muscles!" lol
Aug 10, 2013 12:59 PM
Mar 2011
fukken best and funniest epic epi ever

cant wait to see Sue in mawaru penguin cosplay
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 10, 2013 1:01 PM

Jan 2008
Can we rename it: Fuyoshi only?

I don't read the Manga, but the Manga is the same... I guess I never start reading it because it will be like this now. Where are the normal Otaku?!
Aug 10, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
Kuchiki trying to rape Madarame was hilarious but Sue saved the day like a boss. Great episode one of the funniest so far. Yajima at the end lmao.
Aug 10, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2010
Another hilarious ep XD

Sue ftw as usual <3...Poor Madarame.

And why just why?? Hato is just too cute >_<

Poor Yajima...seeing it wide and clear XD

And that reverse trap imouto O_O...didn't expect that one lol

Nxt ep...a lot of cosplay references...Bon-chan!! XD
Aug 10, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2011
GREW said:
.... Where are the normal Otaku?!

You might want to think a little bit about what you just asked....

I'm actually enjoying this glimpse of fujoshi life, somewhat to my surprise. Is it too early to start shipping Yajima x Hato?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 10, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2013
I have absolutely no interest in Fujoshi but this anime is quite entertaining and I do not remember the last time I LOLed so much as with this episode, felt bad for Madarame, running at full speed to protect his virginity was hilarious just to name one scene.

I am in love with Sue, I suspect she is a genius loli but she is awesome (I am no into lolis), there is an even more awesome scene in the manga that will probably not be animated (this season at least) but after seeing her punch kukichi in the face I feel sorry for any sexual predator that approaches her in a dark alley, he will not know what hit him.
Aug 10, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2007
To cheer up Hato, who is embarrassed about what he said, Sue suggested about Ogiue's experience. Wow @ that chubby girl for helping Hato out, and after that. That first grader girl's sister that looks like a guy helping out with getting nampa guys out. lol @ wanting to see Hato's secret.

KOIBANA3?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 10, 2013 4:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
GREW said:
Where are the normal Otaku?!

Your "normal otakus" fantasizing about lolis, panty shots, fan service and yuri are no better than fujoshi fantasizing about the same things but for guys and shotas.

I guess you don't know any fujoshi friends? It sure does help to have fujoshi friends to actually understand what this is all about. I never understood the disdain the "normal otakus" have against fujoshis. What is "normal otaku" anyway? Can you define that for us please?

eminagnam said:
They were still talking about the trap. It's getting boring.

He's the new main character of this series, just like Sasahara in the first series.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2013 5:00 PM

May 2012
That end at the bathroom was so hilarious. And maybe it is not too late to ship for Hato and Yajima. Yajima has seen a "lot" of Hato's already. Haha, lucky girl. I was kinda sad to learn that Rika's sibling is a girl instead. She looks cute as a guy and Yajima's reaction at 1st before she learned she is a girl is funny.
Aug 10, 2013 5:17 PM

Jun 2011
GREW said:

I don't read the Manga, but the Manga is the same... I guess I never start reading it because it will be like this now. Where are the normal Otaku?!

FYI fujoshi are normal otaku.

In case by "normal otaku" you mean the more general oriented anime or male oriented anime fans, who play eroge, etc, they were(they're still appearing occasionally in Nidaime) at the previous seasons of Genshiken or previous chapters of manga, before it got the name Genshiken Nidaime.
Aug 10, 2013 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
RoCSC-006C1BST said:

In case by "normal otaku" you mean the more general oriented anime or male oriented anime fans, who play eroge, etc, they were(they're still appearing occasionally in Nidaime) at the previous seasons of Genshiken or previous chapters of manga, before it got the name Genshiken Nidaime.

Fujoshi aren't "normal" otaku, and neither are male otaku nor casual female otaku either, i guess by "normal" otaku he means the less hardcore ones who just read manga, watch anime, and maybe attend some events for fun once in a while, without the hardcore fetishes and maniacal traits the actual otaku have.
Aug 10, 2013 5:36 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Downgrade355 said:

Fujoshi aren't "normal" otaku, and neither are male otaku nor casual female otaku either, i guess by "normal" otaku he means the less hardcore ones who just read manga, watch anime, and maybe attend some events for fun once in a while, without the hardcore fetishes and maniacal traits the actual otaku have.

By that you mean casual anime and manga enthusiasts. Otaku is a quite hardcore word by itself. There is no "normal" otaku since otaku itself implies something is outside the norm of society already.

Also, Genshiken never had "normal" otaku. They are all pretty hardcore, even in the first season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 10, 2013 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
wakka9ca said:

By that you mean casual anime and manga enthusiasts. Otaku is a quite hardcore word by itself. There is no "normal" otaku since otaku itself implies something is outside the norm of society already.

Also, Genshiken never had "normal" otaku. They are all pretty hardcore, even in the first season.

Yup that's exactly my point. there is no "normal" otaku, these people are by no means "normal", not because they're hardcore fans of anime and manga, but because of their you know...weird hobbies and behaviour, and that includes all otaku regardless of gender. i mean ffs, does any one in the cast seem "normal"? none of them, they're all friggin weird that if a normal person were to hang out with them, he'd feel disgusted to the core and would probably be traumatized and never approach anime or manga or anything similar ever again.

heck i'm actually wondering how the cast feels when they play these characters having to say all those creepy lines, no wonder most of the cast are unpopular voice actors, i imagine popular ones would feel very awkward playing these characters (not that the current ones are comfortable either LOL)

EDIT: btw, this a late night anime, right?
Downgrade355Aug 10, 2013 8:08 PM
Aug 10, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
Very funny episode.
Aug 10, 2013 11:18 PM

Sep 2009
Defiantly one of the rare instances where a series stays consistent in quality throughout each season.
Aug 11, 2013 12:07 AM
Apr 2013
Very nice episode and way to go for Kutsiki, the most depreved Genshiken member. That being said although i wouldnt mind Hato x Mada (i don't undestand why so much hate towards the trap...i've read both the manga and watched all the seasons and ovas and gotta say that i love the developlment...it seems pretty natural actually) i prefer something like Sue x Mada...GIVE MADA SOME PROPER LOVE.
Aug 11, 2013 12:33 AM

Jan 2008
RoCSC-006C1BST said:
GREW said:

Okay with 'normal' I mean male otaku. I can't find it to be fun with all those seme and uke pairings and stuff. It's not my thing. I mean, I find the old people in the first two Genshiken better. Okay the 2nd genshiken season, where almost every male member is gone, were Ohno started to create a cosplay circle, I thought this might be still okay. But then SEME AND UKE. Seme and Uku everywhere.

I can't stand those gay pairings stuff, even yuri. Also I think Genshiken used to talk a bit to the problems of each. I don't know how the Manga is, but it seems they stopped and focus now to be more fun. Which... is about seme and uke again...

Guess I pretty much wasted my time watching both season in a row to get this fuyo stuff. My mistake.
GREWAug 11, 2013 12:37 AM
Aug 11, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2011
This show is so cringe worthy in a good way. I did not think I would like this if they focused primarily on Hato and the group of fujoshi girls at first, but I'm enjoying it a lot. This season has WAY more actual refrences then the previous ones from what I remember. They finally made a Free! joke, however it was very subtle.

Sue in Penguindrum cosplay and Rika as Bayonetta! Looking forward to that.
Aug 11, 2013 1:22 PM
Oct 2010
Poor Madarame
Poor Hato-kun

such a one more funny episode
Aug 11, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2013
Downgrade355 said:
heck i'm actually wondering how the cast feels when they play these characters having to say all those creepy lines, no wonder most of the cast are unpopular voice actors, i imagine popular ones would feel very awkward playing these characters (not that the current ones are comfortable either LOL)

If you check online information you will realize that the prior two Genshiken series had very popular voice actors, all of them were changed for Genshiken Nidaime. Prior genshiken had it's share of embarrasing lines, so I think they got a cast of young voice actors because their salary is a lot smaller than those with 10+ years of experience and Genshiken has never been a blockbuster money cow like Fate/series.
Aug 11, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2008
rodac said:
Is it too early to start shipping Yajima x Hato?

It's not to early to start a 'ship! If you're the first one to get it floating you can be like its Commodore or something.

mangamuscle said:
I have absolutely no interest in Fujoshi but this anime is quite entertaining

Neither am I. That being said, one of the reasons why I like this season, and the previous seasons of Genshiken is that it is a slice of life, drama, romance anime yes, but it is also a study of Otaku culture as well. The first two seasons gave those who aren't familiar with its Japanese version a glimpse into that world. In that same light, that is what the restart in the Genshiken Manga does as well as this accompanying Anime.
Aug 12, 2013 12:03 AM
Dec 2012
Genshiken Nidaime episode 6 Kuchiki chasing Madarame to see his ass was so funny and all the girls attacking Kuchiki was an amazing scene RUN MADARAME RUN !!! and Yoshitake sister cross dressing as a male and that small girl scream was so cute !!! amazing episode overall
Aug 12, 2013 10:39 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Downgrade355 said:

Unpopular does not mean will never get popular. Many of these are younger talents. They have to prove themselves first.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Aug 12, 2013 10:53 AM

May 2013
MeOtaku said:
i prefer something like Sue x Mada...GIVE MADA SOME PROPER LOVE.

I see what you did there, Sue goes on top (no doubt riding him like a wild cowgirl), Madarame is forever a bottom! >_<
Aug 12, 2013 1:18 PM
Apr 2011
I wonder if Hato was based on japanese model Kayo Satou aka KayoPolice?
Aug 12, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2011
Downgrade355 said:
Yup that's exactly my point. there is no "normal" otaku, these people are by no means "normal", not because they're hardcore fans of anime and manga, but because of their you know...weird hobbies and behaviour, and that includes all otaku regardless of gender. i mean ffs, does any one in the cast seem "normal"? none of them, they're all friggin weird that if a normal person were to hang out with them, he'd feel disgusted to the core and would probably be traumatized and never approach anime or manga or anything similar ever again.

"Normal: b : conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern"(Merriam-Webster)

A standard madman would do mad things, but he would always be weird. By your logic I can never use the term "normal madman", I'm pretty sure you don't get to define the standards of English or Japanese language. A normal fanatic, a normal otaku is extreme and weird. If you aren't weird you aren't otaku.

I think you're just intolerant, or well most people are anyway. I wouldn't mind dealing with any characters from Genshiken, except for a few like that bitch who tortured Ogiue.

The only reason they have unpopular voice actors is because of their low budget. Most voice actors, even popular ones, would do much creepier things.

GREW said:
Okay with 'normal' I mean male otaku. I can't find it to be fun with all those seme and uke pairings and stuff. It's not my thing. I mean, I find the old people in the first two Genshiken better. Okay the 2nd genshiken season, where almost every male member is gone, were Ohno started to create a cosplay circle, I thought this might be still okay. But then SEME AND UKE. Seme and Uku everywhere.

I can't stand those gay pairings stuff, even yuri. Also I think Genshiken used to talk a bit to the problems of each. I don't know how the Manga is, but it seems they stopped and focus now to be more fun. Which... is about seme and uke again...

Guess I pretty much wasted my time watching both season in a row to get this fuyo stuff. My mistake.

I suppose it's your right to dislike whatever you want. Personally I find fujoshi reactions funny.
Aug 12, 2013 9:08 PM

Apr 2013
traps traps traps! for some what reason Im not annoyed with it but I do like it.
Aug 15, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2007
Downgrade355 said:

Even the veteran seiyuu get some crazy lines from time to time. At Otakon last weekend, someone asked Tomokazu Seki to recite a line he had from Full Metal Panic where his character says he has used a condom before (...to carry water in when you are in a jungle). His reaction was a very astonished "I said that? Really?", followed by "I've used condoms before, but not for that!"
Aug 16, 2013 9:47 PM
Aug 2010
If people spend more than 10 second thinking about more than just their own dicks or their own wish-fulfillment (looking for yourself in the characters) and just enjoy the show for what it is, you will find that the show's humorous and quirky characters make for an amusing show. The "yaoi" in this show is not graphic or extreme at all and is played for laughs more than anything so unless you're a complete homophobe, the audience sexuality should have little do with the show.

The closest thing to actual yaoi is between Hato and Madarame and that will eventually die down so those look for themselves in Madarame don't have to worry, he'll either end up alone or with Sasahara's sister.

Downgrade355 said:

You obviously know nothing about voice actors and you also obviously don't watch many anime, as most voice actors have played all sorts of character types, even those who tend to be pigeonholed due to a few famous roles. As TheTsunami points out, they've played so many that most don't even remember all the famous lines that the fans would remember.

Also, unless its very extreme, most people aren't petty enough to devalue a voice actor base on lines they've said as a certain character or stupid enough to think that a character has anything to do with the voice actor as a person. Even in cases where a character is REALLY hated, like Shin for Destiny Seed, only the extreme retards and 5 year olds actually hated his voice actor. Its unfortunate but such retards do exist.

Downgrade355 said:

This story is a slice of life that was intended for entertainment purposes; of course the characters are not normal, who would want to watch about the boring real life of normal otakus, even otakus wouldn't want to watch that. The real life story of the most interesting people in the world probably wouldn't be as interesting as the entertainment-designed fictional story of "normal people."

Even people who watch this show because they wanted to watch a show with characters they can relate to wouldn't want to watch it if these people were just "normal otakus." Would you want to watch a show about your life? Hell no, boring as fuck compare to fictional lives.
BobjonesAug 16, 2013 10:29 PM
Aug 20, 2013 12:51 AM

Nov 2010
Kuchi x Mada was I N S A N E!
Although that was the high point,
I liked Yoshitake's sibling Risa appearing as well
Fooling us for being a guy was another great twist
Aug 25, 2013 3:34 AM
Aug 2013
When I saw first episodes of Genshiken Nidaime I was super excited. At looong last, there was a quality slice-of-life anime with cool characters and art style. Episode 5 changed it all :( I think Hato was the most interesting character in this season but after Episode 5, I hate Hato, Sue and Ohno for what they done to Madarame and Angela. I thought the disappointment would pass away but after watching this Episode 6 I see Genshiken Nidaime has become all about Yaoi :( Well.... I'm totally not into that stuff. I just don't enjoy watching this anymore...
Aug 25, 2013 3:46 AM
Aug 2013
Downgrade355 said:
wakka9ca said:

Otaku is seen as a negative term by majority but not by all people. It's something like 'geek' It can be positive, neutral, negative - depending on the circle of people. For example, in a Japanese TV show 'Cool Japan' and other Japanese TV shows on NHK World, they refer to Otaku culture in a neutral (or rather positive) fashion. Please, remember that and don't believe everything somebody wrote on the internet.
Unfortunatelly, Otaku has many grades of meaning and different people imagine different things under this term. So my advice is to use this term with caution. You shouldn't scream out loud I AM OTAKAU in public. And don't say you're an otaku to a Japanese female friend (you don't know what she imagines by otaku - maybe a freak in love with 2D girls) But if you see people in your proximity accept or even like otaku stuff, then yes, you can say you're an otaku (for example, if you work in a video game company like me, it's rather desired :P)

And no, this is not a late night anime
Oct 6, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2012
Crossdressing girls now? Well okey... some new characters why not, anyway lets see what's next!
Jan 26, 2014 11:18 PM
Oct 2007
Woah woah woah...

Wait up.

"You picked a rough time to be into 3D shota."
"Oh, I mostly collect 2D stuff..."

Is this what I think it is?

Possession is legal in Japan after all.
Sep 20, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
I was about to drop this after ep 2 (too much focus on the trap) but I glad I didn't. This episode was terribly funny, and the trap is not the only focus of the show anymore.
Sep 25, 2014 10:37 PM

Feb 2013
Damn! Sue can punch! Don't mess with her! Man this show sure is bringing in traps everywhere. I really thought that was her older brother but no it was her younger sister by two years! Forget our memories! Good episode.
Nano1124Sep 26, 2014 12:33 AM
Jan 22, 2015 8:35 PM
Sep 2009
tsuru-tsuru! tsuru-tsuru! :D
Mar 22, 2015 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
The surprises are not lacking, although it may seem otherwise, seen as the first part takes place.
The narrative in fact picks up where it left off the previous episode and then gradually develop further horizons are not limited to using the usual cast, but by adding another.
The plot seemed to offer new opportunities in the first stage of the story, but it comes back to take advantage of the new generation and to give new characterization; the fact is that even the anonymous Rika aquisisce thicker now.
Drawings and animations that are always at a level more than adequate as quality. Soundtrack good.
Jun 5, 2015 7:08 PM

Jan 2010
What's even going on anymore. No, I mean, I understand what's going on, but...Oh forget it. I'm just going to go along with whatever's happening.
Dec 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
For the 1st to 6th episode , this episode is the worst for me.
Dec 12, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
Kuchiki lost his mind, if he ever had any, he almost kissed Madarame, he likes being chocked,lol.
Yajima saw "it".
Aug 1, 2017 3:34 AM

Oct 2012
Madarame really running away for his life
Probably will never return to clubroom even if Saki is there xD

Yajima and imouto saw it xD

Next ep, I saw Bayonetta cosplay xD

This new season seems to focus on those three new characters
It's not bad.. But I want to see the old characters more :(
"Signature removed"
Jan 31, 2018 12:56 PM

May 2008
Man, that was the funniest episode so far! The way they hid the drawings from Madarame, and then how Kucchi wanted to be his top - priceless...
Also, a shota-loving fujoshi! Finally, a character for me :3
Sep 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Jan 2020
What is Kuchiki ever doing? I guess he's just embarrassed about the talk of tops and bottoms? Not only just the first scene, but then he snaps and tries to force himself on Madarame all for the sake of Hato. What a true simp. I'm not sure he can go any lower.

Seems like Risa might be the perfect match for Hato.

Gotta love Rika's attempts at peepin'.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 16, 2022 10:44 AM
Oct 2017
i dont like traps and gay
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

93 by Heleos93 »»
Sep 27, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

90 by Forum »»
Jun 24, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

43 by Forum »»
Jun 20, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

71 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 5, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

142 by asbest0sdust »»
Jun 3, 11:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.