Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 9:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm not really a fan of these girls but it was still a decent special.

Lol @ the Racer's don't need women. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 10, 2009 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
xD

Well it a little small taste of Initial D after a long time, it was good, hopefully they'll go into 5th stage!

Watched it RAW, Shinsen-Subs has it subbed now.
Jan 10, 2009 8:23 PM

Mar 2008
I'm really getting tired of them crushing every single relationship in the series. I realize that it's a series about racing, but if you're going to develop that aspect of a character, you need to have it work out every now and then.
Jan 11, 2009 6:31 AM
Oct 2007
Looks like there is a chance at the end there for Iketani and Kenji ;)
Jan 12, 2009 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
Man. I had quite a few expectations of this.. and now, I'll probably remember this as the biggest disappointment ever since I've started watching anime. Stupid crap. If I wanted to watch some badly drawn relationship drama with totally pathetic guys, I'd just go watch Ah! MyGoddess again. At least I can listen to Kikuko Inoue there.

Sure, it's an "Extra Stage". But I liked Initial D's because of the cool races with some neat bgm. Did ANYONE actually watch (or even like) Initial D because of the "plot" (lol) around the girls and relationships? No? Didn't think so. Best thing in these 55min was the bg song at about minute 50, "Wings of Fire". Oh and I guess when Sayuri waved at those two racing-retards when Mako-chan passed them!

2 out of 5: Disliked it .. and 4/10, I guess. Maybe 5/10 because I really like m.o.v.e too.
AwesmoeJan 12, 2009 11:32 PM
Jan 13, 2009 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
Mire said:
Man. I had quite a few expectations of this.. and now, I'll probably remember this as the biggest disappointment ever since I've started watching anime. Stupid crap. If I wanted to watch some badly drawn relationship drama with totally pathetic guys, I'd just go watch Ah! MyGoddess again. At least I can listen to Kikuko Inoue there.

Sure, it's an "Extra Stage". But I liked Initial D's because of the cool races with some neat bgm. Did ANYONE actually watch (or even like) Initial D because of the "plot" (lol) around the girls and relationships? No? Didn't think so. Best thing in these 55min was the bg song at about minute 50, "Wings of Fire". Oh and I guess when Sayuri waved at those two racing-retards when Mako-chan passed them!

2 out of 5: Disliked it .. and 4/10, I guess. Maybe 5/10 because I really like m.o.v.e too.

Badly drawn? I think it is intended , that's the way the manga is drawn.
Jan 13, 2009 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
I know it's intended to look like the manga and all the other Initial D's (which I rated quite high as you can see!), but that doesn't mean it's not bad.
Jan 16, 2009 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
Man, I'm getting pretty tired of all these failed relationships. It really sucks! This doesn't even let you dream that it may someday be possible...

A lot like reality actually :/

Jan 17, 2009 3:26 AM

May 2008
I raged.
Jan 17, 2009 6:08 AM

Apr 2007
haha, we're all dudes who watch Initial D...

Jan 25, 2009 7:46 PM
Jan 2008
They Raged my Dream!

The very last part I don't know if I should go...GAHHH DAMN or...lol. The they never meet again part just adds salt to the wounds that, Initial D is just full of failed relationships.
Apr 24, 2009 11:22 PM

Mar 2008
What happened to that grandpa in the end?
May 4, 2009 3:37 AM

Mar 2008
is that last part serious?! but that means no more mako or sayuki =[
Aug 16, 2010 11:27 PM
Dec 2009
LOL theres no hope for us guys. ;(
Jul 28, 2011 9:27 PM

Mar 2009
So fucking boring.
Mar 2, 2012 10:19 AM

Aug 2011
I was expecting a decent love story between Mako and Iketani. LOL.
The ending was shit. So they never meet again? Fuck that.
Jul 2, 2012 8:30 PM

Nov 2010
this is the fifth time they have done this not letting any characters into a relationship if you count mogi moving to tokyo. I know the show is mainly about racing but these guys are the loneliest guys around, i feel sad whenever i see itsuki and iketani go anywhere together because i know it will be like this until they die. and don't get me started on Kenji.
Jun 27, 2013 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
I actually like Initial D's romances and them failing (I just like it when romances have trouble getting started or don't start), and the Iketani x Mako romance must've been my favorite. But after all this waiting for a conclusion, even for me this was frustrating to watch. But at the end I was actually pretty satisfied: It seemed like Mako knew what Iketani was doing and they would have a third shot someday. Funny how a single short message at the end can crush that...

As much as I like relationships not always working out (I didn't mind how the others ended), I really felt like this one should've at least had some hope of working out and even I am disappointed.

Aug 5, 2013 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
Decent episode although felt a bit dragged. I wasn't too big of a fan for the girls either. Rating this a 6/10, time to watch 5th stage baby.
Jul 4, 2014 5:21 PM
Jul 2008
Seriously? I came back to watch this after finishing Final Stage because I didn't realize there was a part2 to the extra but before Fifth Stage, ALL the romances failed. It was really disappointing that the romances felt like trolling.

Mako deserves some love! :(

They could've made Iketani into a pro mechanic route since he fixed Mako's car when they first met, so even if he still sucks at racing, he can be pro at fixing cars and be a match for Mako.
KJacketJul 4, 2014 6:31 PM
Feb 22, 2015 11:05 PM

Aug 2014
Talk about the lonely drivers..
Jun 16, 2015 9:25 PM

May 2008

• moush said:
    I raged.

• Tiago97 said:
    So they never meet again? Fuck that.

• IntroverTurtle said:
    this is the fifth time they have done this not letting any characters into a relationship

• Nickienator said:
    But after all this waiting for a conclusion, even for me this was frustrating to watch. But at the end I was actually pretty satisfied: It seemed like Mako knew what Iketani was doing and they would have a third shot someday. Funny how a single short message at the end can crush that...

• Stark700 said:
    They could've made Iketani into a pro mechanic route since he fixed Mako's car when they first met, so even if he still sucks at racing, he can be pro at fixing cars and be a match for Mako.

Totally.
Its all about the game!
May 22, 2016 5:21 PM

May 2012
He has such awful luck, everything he faces turns out bad! Really great ova though, I loved the romance aspect, it's just sad that he never really said what he wanted to!

Damn that post ending :'(
Oct 2, 2016 11:19 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
RIP, they should just all call themselves The Lonely Drivers!!
Mar 17, 2017 11:39 AM
May 2013
I should've stopped watching after listening to "Wings of Fire".
This is depressing, somehow I feel like I'm seeing myself in Iketani.
I wished some blonde guy appeared when the glass shattered to say "ZA WARUDO!" D:
Sep 3, 2017 4:28 AM
Aug 2014
Was that last message really necessary? Allow me to have some hope dammit.
Jan 6, 2018 4:01 AM
Jul 2013
This show is like NTR it's honestly infuriating to watch
Feb 11, 2018 2:52 PM

Feb 2013
OMG what an idiot... tell the old guy "sorry dude, I'm waiting for a girl!"
... at least he called her this time.

We need a Mako vs Kyoko race.
Feb 25, 2018 1:51 PM
Sep 2013
It's 150 km ride from Mt Haruna to Tokyo. 2 hour ride at worst. He could've visit her every weekend. Nuff said.
May 10, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
So indecisive. Iketani's a grown ass man yet he still does this.

Love Initial D but the romance in this series is so frustrating
Sep 13, 2018 2:41 AM
Aug 2015
Iketani should just get it on with Sayuki while Mako is out doing her thing. She wasn't half bad either looks like she would be a more straight forward fit for Iketani's reserved self.
Sep 13, 2018 8:41 AM

Sep 2011
I'm so glad for Mako, she's on the way to become a pro! She has the talent, and the looks so she can go far! I also loved how she taught a lesson to those conceited, sexist misogynists, it was really refreshing. To me, Mako was by far the best I got out of Initial D, but after that ending, I guess that unfortunately I'll never see her again.

Now, as for Iketani, he's really, really lame, as always. At least he was able to say that he was sorry, even if it took him six months to do it, and he was only able to do so because he met her by chance, which is really sad, as in pathetic. But this time, even I felt sorry for him, those circumstances were terrible, and it was painful to watch, and not in a "good" way, but welp, it's all said and done, that bit at the end with those three was beyond pathetic too.
Mar 2, 2019 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
The after-credits scene was savage and now I wonder if the creators enjoy making us (and the characters) suffer or what. We could still have hope that maybe they'll meet after Mako-chan comes back from Tokyo or something, but NOPE the ship has to sink forever because it isn't painful enough otherwise.

fuyukiMar 2, 2019 3:52 PM
Apr 11, 2019 10:15 AM
Apr 2019
if iketani n mako live together in the end of story .iketani n mako will be top 10 best anime couple
Apr 11, 2019 10:34 AM
Apr 2019
the reason people's who want watching extra stage2 after extra stage 1 or.series.just becouse exspecting realitionship betwen mako n iketani.how could be early story in extrastge 2 is about frustaion love then still frustaion love in the end.f*ck, bad joke .titanic movie still better even I dont like that movie.
Jun 23, 2019 9:58 AM
Apr 2016
Good fucking lord what were these circumstances...First time it went downhill because he was 2 hours late, now because he was 2 hours early, and the horrible chain of events after that..LITERALLY made me sob. Well, better than the first Extra Stage.
Jul 23, 2019 1:08 PM
Jul 2019
Where can I find the download or some other way to watch this?
Sep 28, 2019 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
Iketani might think he is a good guy for his decision to hold back his feelings but in the end he was just afraid and missed out on a girlfriend and likely a life long partner.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 22, 2020 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
"After that, the two has never met again". Shit, that was too blunt. Totally unnecessary post-credits lol
Jul 27, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2013
I really liked it! It was way better than the first Extra Stage. :) It concluded Mako and Iketani's side story and its ending was something I really hoped to see, but I wasn't sure if it will appear really, haha. But it did. ;p

Poor Iketani. He is a good person. Too bad that he did not end up with Mako. :(
Aug 18, 2020 12:25 PM
Aug 2020
I just watched the complete season 1 for the first time, instead of 1 or 2 ep's at a time (thank you, HULU). Iketani is an immature baby man-child, incapable of recognizing a good thing. Why the writer/creator insisted on prolonging this ianful iteration of a dude in a relationship I have no idea. I am just a hopeless romantic always, my downfall, but why introduce the prospect of mako and iketani having a conneciton and a beautiful only to demolish it not once but twice. Aggravating, and stupid. Don't really care much for a chick choosing racing instead of romance....old fashioned I guess. But then Iketani basically makes the choice for her...and...just...NO, man!! Speaking as as driving/car enthusiast...Cars will always be there, but the right girl will not.
Oct 12, 2021 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
Never began for streetracingcels.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2022 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
So Iketani said that there would be no phone cell in the mountains... but he managed to call her, we see them at an exit. But that wasn't where the phone cell is, since he asks her to go where a phone is after they finish their convo... and they are still at the mountains. Meaning that Iketani either found a phone cell in the mountains or he ran outside (wouldn't that be a little to far?), Mako picked him up there and drove to the exit in the mountains? idk about japanese mountain road infrastructure but where's that phone cell at if not at an exit? Just behind the guardrail in the woods? Or did they drove to second exit? Maybe i'm just overthinking this but i am hella confused.
Feb 2, 2022 11:38 PM

Jul 2021
The post-credit xD.

I came for racing but got sadness instead. It just hurts even more when you see that Mako liked him too lol.

F in the chat for Iketani, give my man some happiness.

Pretty good episode overall. Tons better than extra stage 1.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 21, 2022 7:13 PM

Oct 2015
I am very happy about the outcome. If Iketani had confessed right there, he would've be been an ass. If he truly loved Mako, then he would be happy for her( which he proved). Love Is about not being selfish, your satisfaction is your other half's smile and it was depicted here. If he had messed with her dreams, then f him, but he didn't and like him now.

Loved how they brought us closure and developed characters at the same time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 26, 2023 5:39 AM

Apr 2022
at this point, i'll be surprised if a relationship ever succeeds in this show. ahh pain again iketani. old guy pissed me off but at least he made it back to mako ig.

sileighty looked great as always but this time shower scene was censored, 6/10.
Jan 28, 12:59 PM

Apr 2021
Iketani is so kind, he even helped a man. I felt cold after their conversations. That credits at the end was funny xD. 7/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.