Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 1:11 AM

May 2021
This is it folks, 9 years with Hibike! and it has all come to an end now.
Yeah, after 3 seasons, 5 movies, multiple ova's we are finally here and I want to thank all the staff as well as the author Takeda Ayano for giving us ths masterpiece.
This episode was amazing and it represented everything Hibike! is, we finally got to see the club win the gold and it was the most beautiful moment.
It really felt like the end but also the start of a new chapter for our characters and time-skip Kumiko is amazing.

Kitauji Fight!
DarkHumor04Jun 30, 1:32 AM
Jun 30, 1:28 AM

May 2020
You know it really feels like a finale when people are about to graduate, they’re talking about the future and whatnot. Moreover, always saying it really is the “last time” :( At the very least, being a series around music, they finally reserved some time for actual “music” through that nationals performance lol. Must say, those flashbacks reminiscing their journey… all of these characters right from the first season was a nice touch. If not gold after this performance, this journey in its entirety wouldn’t have made sense… SO A GOLD! Genuinely glad for them(>﹏<)(>﹏<)

This season has been such a drama fest though, all emotions aside. I still could not make sense out of this whole, “making Mayu in somewhat relevant piece of character out of fucking nowhere”, but yeah, it’s the reason why this season doesn’t have it what the first two season had(not counting the movie.. that sucked lol). Reina had her share of being irritating too, before someone forgets. But yeah, in their own way they kind of stated that Kumiko indeed got “her ending” despite not making the spotlight. In a way, I’m glad this ended. KyoAni should focus on their other incomplete works or new works altogether… we all would want that I mean.

Timeskip Kumiko/10
Jun 30, 1:28 AM

Dec 2021
The final note begins~

Ofc Kumiko had to pull out the Hibike! Euphonium piece for the final. Just wouldn't be complete without it. Ofc they wouldn't play it though lmao. More than anything, I'm glad they wrapped up Motomu and Satsuki's relationship with a bow on top. And that scene where they showed all the band members, with their names, positions, and instruments... FUCK MAN. The cherry on top was ofc that Kitauji Fight! And the big question that was on everyone's mind, would they or would they not keep the performance for the final episode. And thankfully they did.

Did find it funny that Yuuko and Natsuki were late lmao. But damn man, that whole segment showing everything's that lead up to this moment while the iconic piece that we all know and love, just this time without Kumiko playing the eupho part. Some would say it's pretty lazy for them to just put a montage of shit we've already seen, but not me. This is the culmination of everything up till now. Entire performance was done IMMACULATELY. TO WHICH THANKFULY, AFTER THREE LONG SEASONS, A MOVIE, AN OVA, THREE FUCKING YEARS LATER THEY GOT GOLD. HELL YEAH.

Seeing everyone's reactions to it really set it in stone that they did it. They finally fucking did it. The whole purpose of the show, getting gold, we fucking did it at last. To say that this was emotional is an understatement, because it made me feel every feeling at once. And the C Part of the episode after the credits, well we knew it, and damn yes it happened. Kumiko grew up to become a teacher and the general music teacher. And yeah Kumiko def picked up some traits from Mamiko cause holy fuck did she look good.

What a fucking show. Will miss this show very dearly. Thanks to the KyoAni staff, voice actors, director, and everyone involved in bringing the entire series to life in anime form!

KITAUJI FIGHT!

Jun 30, 1:33 AM

Jan 2018
RRRAAAHHHH I CANT ITS FINALLY OVER.

Jun 30, 1:36 AM

May 2021
Reply to ARK-13
RRRAAAHHHH I CANT ITS FINALLY OVER.

@ARK-13 It was sooo sooooo good, hoping we will get some spin-offs sometime.
Jun 30, 1:41 AM

Oct 2017
They finally did it! Congratz to the girls. This should have happened with Asuka senpai there back in their first year but yeah. Kumiko with the timeskip and yep we all knew this was gonna happen. Happy for her.

As for the season as a whole, didn't think they could go worse from the movie but they did somehow and made it a hell lot of annoying with Mayu. Actually don't even want to talk about her. First two seasons and the Liz to Aoi Tori movie will remain the best part of the series for me. That said gonna miss this, just wish things didn't go the way it did.
Jun 30, 1:50 AM

Dec 2015
This episode went by so fast, after many seasons I'm so happy they finally won gold!

Kitauji Fighto!

Jun 30, 2:00 AM

Nov 2010
  • The peak of the show was previous episode and there was no drama in this episode.
  • As a man standing at the back was holding the tall gold trophy, you were able to tell what place they've got before the declaration of the results.
  • There may be people who still has mixed feelings like this.
Jun 30, 2:09 AM

Jun 2019
Hair clip
Kumiko and Shuuichi are married
Jun 30, 2:18 AM

Feb 2019
Perfect capstone to a decade long journey. Kyoani thank you for this magical experience. I had my doubts about whether or not everything could be wrapped in one episode, but they were unfounded. This took me on an emotional roller coaster and by the end I was crying tears of joy.

First of all, so good to see Mayu and Kumiko finally on good terms. Only took a few months but the two of them practicing with Kanade was so sweet. Everyone needed to be on the same page going into nationals and after Kumiko speech last week the mood was noticeably better.

Love that every single club member got their name and face showed on screen during the final speech from Kumiko. We only focused on a few students for the sake of the show, but there’s so many people whose hard work and dedication made this possible and they deserve to be recognised. They all had their own stories and paths here and I wish we could’ve got more of them. Our final “Kitauji fight!” Gave me pure chills.

I’d been critical about them having almost no musical performances in this season. They saved the performance for last and WOWZA it was worth it. I’m always a fan of flashbacks during climaxes and seeing all of the highlights of the first two seasons again was chef’s kiss. Goosebumps. The club’s performance truly carried their hearts and souls and the totality of all the hard work and sacrifices they’ve made. The determined looks on their faces.. yea they refused to lose this one and were deservedly rewarded at the end.

We all knew that Kitauji High Gold announcement was coming, but that didn’t make it any less emotional. So much work, so many tears, so many people who contributed to this victory that didn’t get to be on that stage.. it means something to all of us fans who’ve been here since 2015 and ofc to the club members in the show. Seeing Reina and the others cry out of pure elation was incredible.“I’m so happy I’m going to die” is how we’re all feeling after that. I just wish all the senpai could’ve been there to see! Sucks that Natsuki got turned away :/

😭 timeskip Kumiko is so beautiful omg. The animation during her walk to class was so good too as you’d expect from Kyoani. But, cmon, was there ever any place you’d expect her to be than in that classroom as the advisor? She was born for it. As Occam’s razor dictates, oftentimes the best choice is the easiest one.

And the clip?? She an Shuuichi are married!!? Perfect ending. I would love an OVA to see what Reina is getting up to in the states and Mayu and the other girls. Mayu especially lol. But if they leave it here, I’m satisfied as well because this was mission accomplished. What a ride, been a pleasure sharing it with all of you.
Marinate1016Jun 30, 4:50 AM
Jun 30, 3:52 AM

Jul 2017
That is a wrap. Sound Euphonium is officially done after 3 seasons.

As an ending, it was okay. The performance was good but I still wish that there were more performances in the middle there. Mayu's characterization by the end and the heavy focus it got feels somewhat wasted for me and not very satisfying given how frustrating it is with a weakish payoff, but the school got their ultimate happy ending (even if it felt rushed in this season itself and how they got to it). Was nice seeing Kumiko be an advisor for the club in the end and the hairclip was a nice touch too considering her history with Shuuichi there and how she told him to wait until their hectic time with club activities were over to try again with their relationship. Reina's unsurprisingly doing well in her career path too.

Overall, it was a fine episode but definitely rushed in the buildup and rushed even here to get to the nationals achievement. Maybe with more focused buildup on the nationals preparation and less bad drama, it would feel a bit more satisfying to actually see the win by the end but it is what it is. Some characters got left behind this season with bare focus and some others got too much focus that added either nothing or were poorly handled. Ultimately, the franchise got to have an ending and Kyoto Animation after what all they went through, managed to wrap up a series like this too. Besides that, it just is a shame that this was a very frustrating and not very good season as a whole to get to this point but hey, it at least gave some kind of a cathartic finish with the epilogue. Ayano Takeda's getting another anime soon in Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku so this ain't the last of their works being animated.
Jun 30, 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
It's clearly 10/10 What a peak ending. 😭😭😭😭😭Thank you Kitauji High School Concert Band and Kyoani.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 30, 4:04 AM

Mar 2024
Like Reina I'm so happy I could die right now... Couldn't have asked for a better ending.
Jun 30, 4:07 AM

Mar 2008
I would have enjoyed their win more if they hadn't changed the soli outcome. Still, they won gold and it was great. 8/10

Now Kyoani, please continue Maid Dragon or adapting K-On! Shuffle would be really really nice.
Jun 30, 4:10 AM
Feb 2022
Tears were shed and fiction has peaked
Jun 30, 4:11 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was a good season i really enjoyed it.
As for this episode this is the first time we heard the entire play and it was nice hearing the entire thing.
The club that well this time each member performed really well and it was nice seeing that.
It's a shame it's over but it was nice to see Kumiko becoming a teacher i hope she does well in that.
Jun 30, 4:13 AM

Mar 2023
Superb. The build up, the anticipation, the tie ins and references.
Ishihara's storyboarding was fucking amazing. The episode was a celebration for the series.
The group achieved gold at nationals and I couldn't be more proud.
Very emotional, I'm glad it ended like it did and tears were shed. The journey, Kumiko's journey, feels worth it and complete.
Jun 30, 4:16 AM
Apr 2021
Once the soli began I just completely broke down. Don't think I've cried as much ever before.
Jun 30, 4:16 AM

Aug 2020
Final performance blend/tie in of whole series moments beautiful just beautiful, I teared up a bit at the end.
Peak ending to a beautiful series, gonna miss this show so much. Thank you KyoAni
Jun 30, 4:19 AM
May 2023
These past nine years with these characters were really something, huh? Another anime by the same creator of the manga is coming out in 2025. I’m really excited for that
Jun 30, 4:20 AM

Dec 2010
Finally over after 9 years. Honestly this season wasn't nearly as good as I remember the first seasons to have been. Committing half the season to that useless Mayu drama was simply a mistake, and giving her the soli made me not as emotional for this episode's performance or their gold award. Also was there really a need to compress the 3rd year into a single season? Should've settled for another 2 cour, or at the very least made the last episode double length, maybe even a movie. Shuuichi got shafted a lot, not even his confession after the performance got in, poor lad. All in all, I didn't dislike this season, but I certainly didn't love it either. 8/10
Jun 30, 4:26 AM

Jul 2012
Well we finally get our performance and it was great conclusion. Still the previous episode struck hard and believe Kumiko's soli would've been on par. Still dissapointed esp. the original source was different as people say.
(I wonder if there was anything close in the upcoming years cause yet again most of the hardhitters left)
Really love the photo of MIchie-sensei with Kumiko!!!
Reina's mother ...
So in the end it was all still about Kumiko x Asuka! Kinda sad that she wasn't at the performance.
The epilogue part of Kumiko-sensei feels just so good!

Overall 8/10 I love this story so much, even if this season was rushed, and still can't agree with that decision. Was such a great ride for this past 10 years, watched whole thing 3 or 4 times, seeing Kumiko grow so much feels just amazing!
Jun 30, 4:26 AM
Jun 2023
KITAUJI WON GOLD!! Damn I'm gonna miss Sound Euphonium so damn much.. Kumiko truly became the leader that Kitauji needed and was the foundation that guided everyone to win at Nationals! It's truly sad it's finally over but I'm glad the show ended on a high note. Only thing I wished there was, was an after graduation scene like Kumiko and Asuka from the end of Season 2, but instead with Kumiko and Kanade. Regardless, 10/10 season! Btw, Timeskip Kumiko is freaking beautiful 👀
Jun 30, 4:33 AM
Nov 2023
I've said so much about this anime and I'll still have more to say, I don't feel like I've ever said enough. there have been ups and downs, for the kitauji suisougakubu as well as us, the viewer, but I, like Kumiko, can truly say that, in watching this, I have no regrets.

Do I have my criticisms? sure. I'm sure I will outline them at length - later. but right now, I'm just going to thank KyoAni for such an amazing work, and continue to improve at that which I set out to do. Even if I fail. No regrets. Umaku naritai.

And I hope even for those that are disappointed by some developments, you can still appreciate what KyoAni has created, and still enjoy it for what it is, and was.

and so... the final piece has ended. no regrets.
lycopingJun 30, 4:42 AM
Jun 30, 4:39 AM
Jul 2014
Was hoping even right up to the soli part that Kumiko would be the one to play (Mayu would forfeit it herself or maybe something happened IDKKKK), guess not. What a ride this has been. Very grateful to kyoani for this adaptation despite the bittersweet outcome of it all. Kitauji fightoooo
Jun 30, 4:39 AM
Oct 2023
simply wonderful
Jun 30, 4:50 AM
Feb 2023
Compared to seasons one and two this has been a very disappointing season for the simple reason that it's all been very rushed - sub-plots that would have normally been resolved in two or three episodes are resolved in one.

Why KyoAni decided to to portray Kumiko's third year in one cour is beyond me - why not give it two seasons? That way the plot and the characters can be properly developed and allowed to breathe.

All that said it was still fairly enjoyable but far too much material was crammed into just thirteen episodes.

I would score seasons one and two as an easy 9/10 and 10/10 respectively, season three however gets a 6.5/10.
Jun 30, 4:52 AM

May 2015
O man, that confident gait she had while walking to the music room!

It was a great anime! I should rewatch all the seasons and movies one after the other in the future to be able to appreciate it more, because at the begining of this season I barely remembered their faces and almost non of their names and that might have muffled its impact sometimes.

And a more important thing, to me this anime felt like a farewell song of Kyoto animation, a goodbye to an era of the studio that was at its peak during the first half of the 2010s and I doubt we will see it rise to so high again.
IshitatesoJun 30, 4:58 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 30, 4:53 AM

Jul 2012
Absolutely beautiful ending. 10/10, I cried multiple times. I think Eupho is the best anime series of all time. While I do wish we had more episodes, I think that this was absolutely enough.

Negatives
- No Shuichi Confession
- No Asaka Senpai Appearance

Positives
- Quite literally everything else within the episode.

I haven't read the source, but I cannot fathom Mayu losing the soli, and being able to understand her worth as a character. To me, having her win allowed her character to come full circle and fit in with the rest of the group - because she won in a vote by the club members.

This also allows us to really see Reina's vision of Kumiko, that she struggles with deciding between her love of music and how important Kumiko is to her. I also think it wraps up Kumiko's decision to become a teacher rather than a professional quite well, in a way that wouldn't work as well had she had a nationally gold winning solo performance.

I will truly miss these characters, and this world. Kumiko's path mimics quite a bit of my own (I coach at my old high school - and I didn't even plan on really caring about the sport I ended up joining, much like Kumiko when she first started). Her character path felt so realistic that I can't help but smile when I see that she found her part in life.

Voice acting was top tier again this season, KyoAni did a great job with direction and animation (especially lighting) so I can say that I am absolutely satisfied with this story.
Jun 30, 4:54 AM

Feb 2017
I was really hoping to see Kanade as band president but I'll take Kumiko as band advisor i guess
Jun 30, 4:56 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I'm not crying you are :(
Very good ending in my opinion as an anime only.
8/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jun 30, 5:00 AM

May 2021
man... Hibike is over, Im in tears
Jun 30, 5:06 AM
Jun 2022
its finally over.... THEY FINALLY WON GOLD!!!

A decade long series finally ended, The ending is so peak
Jun 30, 5:06 AM
Dec 2018
Only KyoAni could just drop an entire, uncut orchestral piece with 50% recycled animation and it still being the most hype moment of the year.
Jun 30, 5:09 AM

Mar 2021
A beautiful and magnificent finale to an amazing series. It was so great to see them finally win gold. Grown up Kumiko is gorgeous and the bands future is now so bright with Kumiko as their new Advisor.
Reecey91Jun 30, 5:13 AM
Jun 30, 5:11 AM

Feb 2020
Finally won the National let's go!!!
Very good finale to end this series.
8.5/10. I will definitely miss Hibike!!
Jun 30, 5:12 AM
Dec 2018

https://i.imgur.com/RCw0GI3.gif

Not gonna lie, this ending scene walk made me pregnant and I am not even a woman.
Jun 30, 5:15 AM
Nov 2023
BaconCatBug said:

https://i.imgur.com/RCw0GI3.gif

Not gonna lie, this ending scene walk made me pregnant and I am not even a woman.

thank you for the best laugh I'll have all day ... probably.
Jun 30, 5:19 AM
Jul 2020
Beautiful end to the series, nice final piece and recap to show their growth as well.
Jun 30, 5:23 AM

Apr 2010
SHUUICHI LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 30, 5:23 AM

Oct 2009
NGL after the last episode it was a little anticlimactic but I guess the main punch of the series was in episodes 11 and 12~ I think most of us thought they were going to win the nationals but I was surprised I actually teared up when Kumiko accepted the award.

I wanted more Asuka in the ending but i guess this episode, they adapted it closely to the novel again! Very lovely end to the series overall. Kumiko being a teacher is everything we couldve imagined.
Jun 30, 5:30 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to ricky78
Hair clip
Kumiko and Shuuichi are married
@ricky78 didn't catch that at all, great observation
Jun 30, 5:35 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to DarkVoyagerx
@ricky78 didn't catch that at all, great observation
@DarkVoyagerx They're just dating. She isn't even wearing a ring
Jun 30, 5:39 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to watsym
@DarkVoyagerx They're just dating. She isn't even wearing a ring
@watsym ahh yeah I guess that's true lol, but still it's nice to see them back together
Jun 30, 5:40 AM
Dec 2020
Its MASTERPIECE and PEAK OF PERFECTION
Jun 30, 5:40 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
It almost feels like a dream that the finale of Sound! Euphonium has arrived. It's been nearly a decade in the making, and it's still my favorite anime from Kyoto Animation.

While I wish there were more performances shown and heard throughout this final season, I understand based on how the solo auditions went why they decided to go for a more character driven story. While a large part of me wishes that Kumiko and Reina could have played their piece together at the end, I also love when a series isn't cliché.

Overall, a great season and finale, though I would place it slightly below the first 2 seasons just for the lack of performances.
Jun 30, 5:44 AM
Aug 2021
Thank you KyoAni and thank you Hibike! Euphonium, one of my favorite animes of all time
Jun 30, 5:45 AM

Aug 2020
Amazing and memorable episode. All the fight and sweat took them to this very moment. What a spectacular performance. The feelings and wishes of all Kitauji united as one. I'm truly glad for being able to witness this series and its conclusion. Hibike! Euphonium is not only about music, but also about growing up. About finding yourself. What a journey...

Kitauji Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso!

Jun 30, 5:49 AM
Dec 2023
Was it good? Yes, it was great. Did I want more? Of course. Episode 13 and this season have the same issue of too much content being cut. It is still a 10/10 anime for me and I wished for two changes really. I wish they made it into 2 seasons like year 1 and had Kumiko play the soli. In this episode I would've to see
but I guess there wasn't enough time.
Jun 30, 5:54 AM
Jan 2016
I cried like a little baby while Kumiko was giving the speech before they played. 10/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 23

340 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 16

90 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 9

95 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

112 by Joshhhp »»
Oct 10, 1:18 PM

» About this season

TEMPEST_1 - Sep 30

6 by TEMPEST_1 »»
Sep 30, 10:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.