Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
I know this arc got kinda dark but the episoe had some lowkey comedy moments.

Looks like Rin and his friends made it into the facility but are watched and hunted. Hell, some of the monsters released this episode looked hideous..almost reminds me of JJK. Yukio is still doing good as usual although I wish they made Konekomaru looked stronger. He always just seemed lackluster this arc without any noticable moments.

On the other hand, I love the way they focused on Bon this episode. This was much more of a personal mission for him and him to overcome his personal demons.
Feb 24, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Lucifer is finally up and about after his long nap.

Enthralled by his admiration for Lucifer, Gedoin takes drastic steps to advance his Elixir research. Crafting a scheme to divide Rin and his team, he leaves each member isolated to confront their own challenges. As Rin encounters a monstrous zombie within the depths of the underground lab, he hesitates to strike with his sword upon realizing the possessed creature was once human. Meanwhile, Yukio, Suguro, Shiemi, and Konekomaru find themselves confronting their personal demons within the laboratory's confines, each battling alone against formidable odds.

You know, the big shot over in Gehenna figures out who he is because he's got those black flames going for him. It's like those black flame familiars are the top dogs among demons you can control (obviously, you can't exactly boss around Satan's kids). Honestly, I'm more worried about Izumo biting the dust than Shiemi; she's not exactly the most helpful. And those creepy zombies? They're not all that scary when you compare them to Gedoin now that I think about it. Then there's Suguro, going through that whole "I can't kill it because it used to be human" thing. Come on, it's not human anymore... But hey, it was really something to see Konekomaru finding his courage and facing his fears to make a difference. Props to him for showing some real backbone. Well done, Konekomaru.

And thank goodness we're finally done with the whole zombie ordeal; that was starting to feel kinda pointless.

Feb 24, 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverFeb 24, 9:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 24, 9:54 AM

Feb 2021
The full versions of the opening releasing only in March is torture
We finally got a bit more info about Todo. I was waiting since the start of season 2 lol.
Does Lucifer plan to give his current body to Satan? Interesting.
By the way, 外道院 (gedouin) literally means "heresy institution" or "devil institution". 外道 (gedou lit. outside way) also means non-Buddhist teachings.
I find the mix of religious things and stuff like bazookas quite badass lol
21:24 Ohhh this soundtrack. I like how they keep using it. It's been here ever since season 1 right?
I'm liking this arc so much.
Feb 24, 10:47 AM
Sep 2015
Bon is actually the only one that bring a weapon that seems practical to me, a bazooka.

I feel bad for the experimental subjects.
Feb 24, 11:12 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode

It was good to see them grow up to not die there…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 24, 11:21 AM
Feb 2024
The human experiments of Gedoin’s remind me of Mahito’s cursed humans. They’ve got to fight off tortured souls that didn’t deserve to become what they are now, and that makes this arc that much more painful.

Also, Gedoin’s mental image of himself triggered my gag reflex 😰. Lucifer’s character design is really cool, I love the way they animated his eyes. The more and more I see of Gedoin’s “experiments” the more I dislike him. I’m really hoping Shima is just faking it and will come help at the very last second, but it’s looking less and less likely.
Feb 24, 12:33 PM
Oct 2023
I love how the whole Kyoto arc was a setup for this season's character writing. I liked it in the manga and this episode was great.
Feb 24, 1:24 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Lucifer? You mean LuciFINE.

If Izumo’s compatibility was rigged, I hope it was Shima who did that.

Loving this season bringing out the strongest and weakest components of each character, especially Konekomaru. They are all striving to be the heroes of their own story, in their own way.
Feb 24, 1:32 PM

Dec 2018
Poor chimera just wanted to go home
Feb 24, 4:00 PM
Dec 2023
I must say I'm rather impressed and delighted with this adaptation. They managed, despite a slightly higher speed, to adapt 3 chapters of the manga well. And the return of Me & Creed brings back nostalgic memories.

This episode introduces us to the universe that's really shaking behind the curtain, under the horrified gazes of our protagonists. These chimeras were more tragic and meaningful than frightening.
Each character has his or her own moment to shine, each in his or her own way, even characters who aren't preparing for battle, like Shiemi or Koneko. But the one who really took center stage was Ryuji. A character more complex than he appears, his status pushes him to become the best he can be.
But in the end, why does he do all this? He's been abandoned by everyone around him, and all those years of effort are no longer of any use to him.

I love the way the characters are developed in this arc.
They all suddenly come face to face with their fears and insecurities.And, given the circumstances, they have to fight them if they are to survive and achieve their goal.
Perhaps this, in the end, is the strength of the group.Their ability to constantly turn their weaknesses into a strength like no other. We're slowly but surely approaching the end.I can't wait to see what happens next, and hope that Voln continues or allows Blue Exorcist to shine in anime...

Feb 24, 4:34 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Can we all agree that Geodin needs to get his ass kicked 😂 I hate that whiny voice of his. Rin still hasn’t realized that he has to fight to save his friends and I understand not wanting to harm humans because he has to be on their side, but eventually it’ll come to the fact that he has to make a decision hopefully it’s sooner rather than later.
Feb 24, 6:21 PM
Mar 2015
That went badly Sensei What are you going to tell Lucifer now?
Feb 24, 8:47 PM

Jun 2023
I need more Rin's screen timeㅜㅜ
Feb 24, 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
aww the poor monster caught the vapors when it saw itself. That was funny and sad.

I hope someone feeds poor Kuro.
Feb 24, 10:27 PM

Dec 2015
Her chances of being possessed by the nine tails is even lower. I mean Mike and Uke were killed which probably didn't help her connection to fox spirits.

Love how great Sheimi's power is. If she can master control over it I think she can give even Rin a run for his money.
Feb 25, 6:09 AM

Oct 2017
These illuminati guys really needs to pay for what they did. Rin needs to make up his mind soon or it won't cut it in the future. Izumo's rate went down, is it cause of the death of her spirits? Was this intentionally done by Shima?
Feb 25, 6:38 AM
Jun 2007
Each fighting their own "zombies".
Feb 25, 6:53 AM
Jul 2013
The invasion of the Illuminati headquarters continues.
Feb 25, 12:11 PM
Mar 2023
I hope they continue even after illuminati saga with a next season ...... cuz it's getting fun in manga & I want the action to get animated
Feb 26, 4:33 AM

Sep 2023
Did I misunderstand something or Geouin really was like: so Izumo's compatibility is 0,08%, that's why I should kill Rin? Very good reason I must say.
Feb 26, 6:20 AM

Dec 2008
lol what the hell!? each one had to fight a mutant zombie giant, fighting against several zombies would have been too unfair I guess,
hahaha the previous episode left me extremely worried about everyones health.
It's good to see Shiemi being not the weakest from the team. Did Nemu also fight?
These creatures are not looking exactly human anymore, I don't see a reason to have mercy when they really want to eat you.

Izumo's compatibility is 0,08%, you crazy scientists probably should have been less mean to her with her spirits and spirit broken you won't have good results.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 11:14 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Jony_
The invasion of the Illuminati headquarters continues.
@Jony_ fur more episodes to go in this season. Hopefully we get some kind of clsoure.
Feb 27, 11:27 PM

Aug 2023
This was the weakest episode so far. Gedoin's logic for killing Rin is non-existent and I don't know if that was meant to be konekomaru's moment but it certainly didn't seem like it. Also is there anything that little green thing can't do he can just do anything the plot wants and now he can beat those massive monsters. Bon bit was good though and Lucifer was great in this.
You know the British Empire was pretty cool, we definitely peaked with it.
Feb 28, 3:26 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to Zorpanur
This was the weakest episode so far. Gedoin's logic for killing Rin is non-existent and I don't know if that was meant to be konekomaru's moment but it certainly didn't seem like it. Also is there anything that little green thing can't do he can just do anything the plot wants and now he can beat those massive monsters. Bon bit was good though and Lucifer was great in this.
@Zorpanur Not going to say much for obvious reasons, but Shiemis mysteriously strong abilities might get explored way later into the story.
Mar 3, 8:55 PM

Feb 2016
I would have liked to see everyone fight, but whatever, great episode regardless.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Mar 4, 2:05 PM
Sep 2020
Bro's overpower, but he doesn't know how or even want to fight. Also, they're all kinda stupid, bros have literally invaded the enemy's territory by the front door and fell into a trap😕 even though they knew they were at a disadvantage
Mar 5, 8:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Gedoin, in addition to being sadistic, has a very "youthful" imagination!
kekeke
Mar 24, 9:52 PM
Mar 2019
That was a short captivity. Didn't expect that to be quick work. I guess the gang has just become powerful already.
Apr 2, 9:07 PM

Mar 2007
Gedoin is doing everything he can to please Lucifer, the rescue team is split up each battling with a zombie that preys on their insecurity. Bon's episode was very emotional - damn.
Apr 26, 6:21 PM
Mar 2020
انمي جميل جداً و شخصياته حلوة
Apr 28, 5:50 AM

Jan 2021
Rin finally overcoming his problems.
May 4, 2:30 AM

Aug 2015
It's good to see the protagonist perspectives from Konekomaru and Suguro.
Hmm, looks like Konekomaru saw something between Izumo and Renzo 🤔

May 12, 1:12 PM

May 2020
Can this doctor or whatever with such an ugly design and stupid name just die already? This man isn't even worth a minute of screen time but somehow he's getting the same worth an episode, sigh.

Also, I hope Rin makes up his mind before the end of this season.
Jun 1, 4:36 AM

Apr 2013
The fights are so boring and bland, but it's not like we have much else to go for this show currently.
Yesterday, 9:56 AM
Jul 2015
Not the min 8 when the fattie crazy maniac scientist psychopaths ugly fatty is actually bottom gay submissive for the lord blondie demon soldier 🤣🤣🤣 fckk his taste

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

43 by yaun_dere »»
Oct 9, 8:51 AM

» Thoughts on the studio change?

PLYR1Siken - Oct 5

6 by FlareBolt »»
Oct 6, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27

62 by weebtoge »»
Oct 5, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

57 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Sep 26, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Shimane Illuminati-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3

40 by LastLuminescence »»
Aug 26, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.