Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 16, 2023 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Man, the clash of egos and plans being executed.

This episode captured a feeling of unpredictable nature. No one should be underestimated in this show, especially Shizuku. Just kinda crazy how far some characters are willing to take their plans forward. What a cliffhanger.
Aug 16, 2023 10:41 AM
Sep 2021
It's become quite a crazy episode, everyone is after lupin, the fights are just beginning.
Aug 16, 2023 10:52 AM

Mar 2021
Well, this episode really lived up to its name. With episodes that can be heavy with dialogue and exposition (and still very engaging, mind you), this truly was a free for all. Delightful.

It is hard to understate how much I have enjoyed this show so far. One of the most underrated of the season.
Aug 16, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
This is not just a 3-way battle, it's a 4-way battle!
Aug 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Mar 2020
A free for all it was indeed, an epic clash in the dead of night...

The diamond was taken, through a smart move by Lupin, but he didn't have it for long as it turned out that Tsugaru and Aya had some crafty plans of their own. The Royce group as well as Moriarty's lackeys were also present for this clash for the diamond, and there was no shortage of violence. I really enjoyed the creative fights that this anime brings, even with a more limited budget and not being really flashy, it was still a thrilling spectacle. I wonder how this arc will wrap up, and how many more episodes this will go for, since it seemed like the fights were just beginning. I'm definitely excited for more!
Aug 16, 2023 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
Despite Lupin getting Holmes and Phileas Fogg's associates good, it's not his intent to kill. Though Fatima got them out of the rut, Lupin got the safe within the 30 minutes as the clock tunes 11:30pm.

Indeed, Holmes figured it out that Inspector Ganimard was Lupin, but that the diamond was successfully stolen by him as well. The classy Lupin, compared to Japan's offerings, is indistinguishable, though the Cage User's entourage makes it within the split second, all because Erik was possessed by Aya to secure the deed instead. And that's the case, with one thief, two monsters and a Phantom, the case just got more wild with unknown variables entering the stage.

Aleister Crowley, Jack, Carmilla and Victor coming in for the diamond as well, it's a real showpiece as Tsugaru, Lupin and Royce laid eyes on the diamond while Aya has an interest in the new intruders that'll prove useful to Holmes and Watson. Though their target is to eliminate anyone and everyone with their magic, only with the right people they can be stopped, and Shizuku was supposed to engage with the Phantom, though meeting Carmilla and then casting her aside.

The 3-way race for the diamond is more than just the three gentlemen alone, stakes are high, and it does not stop. Crazy, but excellent.
Aug 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
11:30 just like Lupin said. Clever disguising himself as Ganimard and using his earlier encounter with Holmes as a feint. Flooding the room to get to the safe was a clever plan, but the fact he managed to steal that diamond after Holmes caught him is truly impressive.

Aya hiding in the safe was not what I would have guessed she meant by “Goemon.” Well played. But man, Moriaty dropping in with his Legion of Supervillains really ramped up the action this week. We had Holmes, Aya, and Watson v Crowley, Lupin, Reynold, and Tsugaru duking it out over the diamond, and Carmilla and Shizuka going toe to toe. Shizuka with her Naginata rifle was some badass shit. Girl ain’t here to play around.

Can’t wait to see how the continuation of these fights next week!

Stark700 said:
Man, the clash of egos and plans being executed.

This episode captured a feeling of unpredictable nature. No one should be underestimated in this show, especially Shizuku. Just kinda crazy how far some characters are willing to take their plans forward. What a cliffhanger.
I've seen you're watching most anime this season, Stark. Where would you rank Undead Girl amongst them?
Aug 16, 2023 11:37 AM
Jul 2023
A thrilling episode, a perfect way to end a clash of minds is with a clash of fists

P.S:I rescind my previous statement due to seemingly misinterpretation of intention
MainnusAug 16, 2023 11:48 AM
Aug 16, 2023 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
The music has been just amazing for the whole second half!

I wasn't sure what to think about this arc when it started, but this episode was fantastic. Moriarty and his flock showing up unannounced was a great twist and the amount of powerhouses facing each other all of the sudden is simply crazy. This episode's title "Free for all" couldn't have been more fitting!

Also, I just created my account and I have no friends so feel free to add me if you like this show! ^_^
Aug 16, 2023 11:42 AM
Jul 2018
TheLerian said:
11:30 just like Lupin said. Clever disguising himself as Ganimard and using his earlier encounter with Holmes as a feint. Flooding the room to get to the safe was a clever plan, but the fact he managed to steal that diamond after Holmes caught him is truly impressive.

Aya hiding in the safe was not what I would have guessed she meant by “Goemon.” Well played. But man, Moriaty dropping in with his Legion of Supervillains really ramped up the action this week. We had Holmes, Aya, and Watson v Crowley, Lupin, Reynold, and Tsugaru duking it out over the diamond, and Carmilla and Shizuka going toe to toe. Shizuka with her Naginata rifle was some badass shit. Girl ain’t here to play around.

Can’t wait to see how the continuation of these fights next week!
I thought Shizuku was going to reveal the silver stake from the last case but the silver naginata bayonet gunblade is much cooler!
Aug 16, 2023 11:45 AM

Feb 2019
Whew what an episode. Another great one from start to finish.

So as I thought, the story of Ishikawa Goemon was a hint as to how things would be resolved. Didn’t expect them to literally use their “head”(Aya) in this situation though lol that’s brilliant

I guess last week’s episode which showed how easy Aya could slip through the cracks should’ve been an indication of her being used in the safe. Really good foreshadowing there.

Carmilla is always mommy in every anime adaptation it’s insane. Wow she looks good here. Can’t wait to see she and Shizuku fight next week.

Tsuguru, Lupin and the other dude knocking the diamond out of each other’s hands mid air is the most anime shit ever lol.
Marinate1016Aug 16, 2023 11:57 AM
Aug 16, 2023 11:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I was expecting Tsugaru to swallow that diamond, but I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see how the rest of these fights play out.
Aug 16, 2023 11:57 AM

May 2020
Chaos the episode.

Lupin fooled quite the folks but Holmes saw right through him, but hey I mean in familiar Lupin fashion he escaped the scene with the smokescreen lol. Liked how Tsugaru again got a chance to throw his hands against Lupin, and must say he's enjoying every bit of it.. though please kick the white coat aside.

If chasing after diamond wasn't already much in itself, Moriarty and his clowns arrived at the scene too.. making it all the more messier. Now Aleister against the great detective duo of Holmes and Aya will be very exciting.

Love how straightforward Shizuku is(not sure if that could be termed as "straightforward" but still), her leaving the scene without a care in the world was hilarious.

But Shizuku, please don't disrespect miss curves like that.. also give miss curves some more screen time, she deserves it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 16, 2023 12:32 PM
Oct 2020
Great episode

Also loved all the vampires scenes.
Aug 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2017
Carmilla is disgusting.
Aug 16, 2023 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Softhenic03 said:
But Shizuku, please don't disrespect miss curves like that.. also give miss curves some more screen time, she deserves it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Context ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Probably had one dedicated animator just for bouncing the ta-tas
Aug 16, 2023 12:50 PM

May 2020
TheLerian said:
Softhenic03 said:
Context ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Haha, thanks for putting the ALL IMPORTANT context.
Aug 16, 2023 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
They made sure to make Sherlock look like ass all the time. Sheesh be more clever about, -15dkp....sloppy japan cmon
Aug 16, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2022
Mad lads, everywhere, this was a fun watch
Aug 16, 2023 2:20 PM

Jan 2022
TheLerian said:
Softhenic03 said:
Context ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

they don't animate them like dat anymore 😳
Aug 16, 2023 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Vooo said:
They made sure to make Sherlock look like ass all the time. Sheesh be more clever about, -15dkp....sloppy japan cmon

LMAO. I don't think he looks like ass but they definitely nerfed him. I think it's because they want to showcase more Aya's intelligence and feared that it would get overshadowed by Shelrock's. A bit disappointing, I won't lie.
Aug 16, 2023 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
TheLerian said:
Softhenic03 said:
Context ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I see it didn't take long for the Carmilla hornyposting to start. LMAO.
Aug 16, 2023 2:41 PM

Oct 2018
Things are ramping up to the max with the 4 groups out here. Wonder what's gonna happen when the professor's group interferes with the 3 way battle between the 3. Oh and they cooked with the vampire's cake.
Aug 16, 2023 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
That was clever using water to get a rope through the duct.

As soon as I heard the name Alesteir I knew it was Crowley lol

My bet is that Jack is Jack the Ripper and he looks like he's not entirely human with the marking on his face. Im not sure if he's supposed to be part oni or part demon since the colour is different from Tsugaru's markings. I dont know just seems obvious to me.

Apparently Carmillia is a classic literary lesbian vampire I was unaware of.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla

AddaeAkono said:
I was expecting Tsugaru to swallow that diamond, but I guess we'll have to wait until next week to see how the rest of these fights play out.

lol I could see him doing that but it's kind of a big diamond so nah. Also I just noticed the diamond looks like it's modelled after the hope diamond.
Aug 16, 2023 3:17 PM
Jun 2022
Simplesmente magnífico
Aug 16, 2023 4:11 PM

Aug 2020
Wow.

It took 2 of some of my favorite things and put them together: Mystery and Battle Royale.

Is this a Fate anime? Absolutely love the simultaneous fight setups. Every episode feels like 5 minutes....
Keep scrolling
Aug 16, 2023 4:12 PM

May 2017
That was a letdown. First, it should've left Holmes at a loss, rather than having him save face figuring out where Lupin was. I was also disappointed in Aya's scheme; a jumpscare? That does almost nothing, other than potentially get her captured. So even in the machinations the show fails.

Tsugaru, Lupin, and sword guy punching each other flying through the air was the best part, I think, and Tsugaru's story was also good. But the episode wasted Aya, who is the center; and now we have to deal with the big rotten mass of references that is Moriarty's crew. It should be obvious that the performative appeal to historical and literary characters is lazy writing. Undead Murder Farce is turning out to be a good idea lazily executed—one that could actually have been interesting but settled for reference popcorn. Well, at least this season has Dark Gathering.
"He who writes for fools always finds a large public. A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short."
—Arthur Schopenhauer
Aug 16, 2023 4:52 PM
Apr 2020
They let sherlock make a comeback with him figuring out lupin but then he goes onto reveal the diamond's location and lupin escaped all because sherlock underestimated him (Now i dunno why he did this when lupin literally got the upper hand earlier by bombing the vent , sherlock should've been more discrete)
Basically the comeback amounted to nothing since lupin got the diamond

Almost overlooked the most obvious stuff -> aya can fit in the locker.....
Thanks to her now tsugaru can try to get the diamond . It was also good to know tsugaru lost on purpose against lupin . Overall a good episode lets see what happens next going by the op i guess "that" fight will happen next
Aug 16, 2023 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
My bet is that Jack is Jack the Ripper and he looks like he's not entirely human with the marking on his face. Im not sure if he's supposed to be part oni or part demon since the colour is different from Tsugaru's markings. I dont know just seems obvious to me.

I'm 99% sure that this is Jack the Ripper. I would be really surprised if he wasn't.
traed said:

AddaeAkono said:

lol I could see him doing that but it's kind of a big diamond so nah. Also I just noticed the diamond looks like it's modelled after the hope diamond.

Oh, good catch!
Aug 16, 2023 4:54 PM
Aug 2021
easily one of the best episodes of the entire season , this should be voted #1 for this week in the anitrendz polls. an amazing battle royale !
Aug 16, 2023 4:56 PM
Aug 2020
no time to catch my breat

it was a really good episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM
May 2022
Low key hope Sherlock and Watson don’t overstay their welcome. Feel like some overshadowing is happening to our main characters and I love their dynamic so I want to see more of them. Not to mention they added the avengers of France as villains this episode. It’s entertaining though.
Aug 16, 2023 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
Those three skirmishes was chaotically fun lmao.
And so it really was not Carmen but Carmilla. Man I wanted to know if she even existed in here.
UndefeatedBahamut
Aug 16, 2023 6:04 PM
Apr 2020
traed said:

Yes he is i believe . If you notice in the op when he fights tsugaru there is a sharp object in his hands(knife prolly) .
I actually thought it was the werewolf they mentioned before but its jack
Aug 16, 2023 6:04 PM

Apr 2022
they be fanservicing. also gave serious lupin III vibes with that music.
Aug 16, 2023 7:09 PM

Jul 2012
I almost thought Tsugaru was going to end up accidentally swallowing the diamond at the end there.
Aug 16, 2023 7:09 PM

Dec 2022
The 2nd 'seed that Lupin planted' by encountering Holmes earlier was to make him underestimate the quality of his disguises, cool. Tsugaru lost on purpose before, makes sense now lol.
Aug 16, 2023 7:12 PM
Nov 2020
Interesting episode. Tsuguru doing rakugo surprised me.
Aug 16, 2023 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, it's like Fate if it was good. 
Aug 16, 2023 8:50 PM
Sep 2021
Peak Episode🔥🔥🔥 Team Moriarty entrance and last minute musics are peak asf...
Aug 16, 2023 9:21 PM
Mar 2015
Too more groups join the fray The Royce and the 5 monsters
Aug 16, 2023 9:50 PM

Feb 2021
Now I just wanna see how Sherlock Holmes will somehow not die to that guy
Aug 16, 2023 9:54 PM

Mar 2008
TheLerian said:
traed said:

I'm 99% sure that this is Jack the Ripper. I would be really surprised if he wasn't.
traed said:

Oh, good catch!

Yeah it would seem odd if he wasnt.

I've seen the hope diamond in person it has a very interesting blackish blue glimmer. I dont think it's supposed to be the same one though, the hope diamond has a slightly oval octagonal cut this one in the show is more evenly sided. So doesnt really play into the plot much but who knows maybe more things about the diamond would be mentioned that would parallel it.

hannibal_l said:
traed said:

Yes he is i believe . If you notice in the op when he fights tsugaru there is a sharp object in his hands(knife prolly) .
I actually thought it was the werewolf they mentioned before but its jack

Ah a knife would make sense. Though to me it looked like he was empty handed and that was just his fingers unless he has something like a scalpel in his hand which would be fitting since the Ripper is thought to have possessed surgical knowledge.

In the OP song I swear I could clearly hear "loup garou" (Or rougarou same thing) which is the French version of werewolves.
Aug 16, 2023 10:48 PM

Oct 2022
This would be another victory for Lupin if not for the extraordinary powers at play.

I guess they gonna all team up against those freaks.

Aug 17, 2023 12:52 AM

Nov 2013
Action-packed episode.
Aug 17, 2023 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
auroraloose said:
That was a letdown. First, it should've left Holmes at a loss, rather than having him save face figuring out where Lupin was. I was also disappointed in Aya's scheme; a jumpscare? That does almost nothing, other than potentially get her captured. So even in the machinations the show fails.

Tsugaru, Lupin, and sword guy punching each other flying through the air was the best part, I think, and Tsugaru's story was also good. But the episode wasted Aya, who is the center; and now we have to deal with the big rotten mass of references that is Moriarty's crew. It should be obvious that the performative appeal to historical and literary characters is lazy writing. Undead Murder Farce is turning out to be a good idea lazily executed—one that could actually have been interesting but settled for reference popcorn. Well, at least this season has Dark Gathering.

I don't think Aya's head was in the safe just for startling Lupin. I thought it was acting more like an alive GPS to alert Tsugaru of Lupin's position. Although that plan didn't go so well.
But I share your concern about M's crew. They seem too one-dimensional at first glance. I hope, like Bungou, more personality gets added into them as the story progresses.
Aug 17, 2023 2:17 AM

Jul 2014
Holy, the amount of stuff happened this episode. I got so entertained especially with the dialogs between the characters , they're quite funny lol
Aug 17, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 2022
10/10 episode. Nice change of pace after the first 6, very dialogue-heavy, episodes (which had their own charm to them as well). 

Finally introducing the main villain squad. The cast has gotten quite large for just 7 episodes, but each character is intriguing so far, so no complaints. I wonder how this arc will end. There are still 6 episodes left in this season, more than enough for at least another small arc.
Aug 17, 2023 3:23 AM

Nov 2022
Aya hiding in the safe was actually very smart, she even had the other detectives surprised. I find it funny how Tsugaru and Lupin are just having the upmost fun though, throwing the diamond around, even Reynold was smiling a little which was surprising.
Aug 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Aug 2008
Sadly, it got almost as boring as Kyoukou Suri. Background characters get way too much screen time and subplots completely overshadow the main story line. After all that it's hard to care when the main antagonist finally shows up. When the vampire, satanist and serial killer appeared, it took me a while to realize they were with the guy who stole Aya's body, since it all just blends into background noise.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2023

164 by AP24 »»
Oct 7, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

101 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Sep 7, 6:53 PM

» RETURN OF A LEGEND!!! (No, not a new season, calm down LMAO)

WhispyMoon - Aug 21

16 by WhispyMoon »»
Aug 22, 1:21 PM

» Why does the ED song feel so nostalgic?

Oreki_Houtaro24 - Aug 8

4 by Madmaster_X »»
Aug 10, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Undead Girl Murder Farce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

65 by Ranxomare »»
Jul 9, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.