Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2023 3:23 AM

Apr 2017
It's over. I think it was a nice episode to end this all, though sadly I still wanted to see some stuff.
Goodbye Ash.
LapisLazulisMar 24, 2023 3:27 AM
Mar 24, 2023 3:31 AM
Mar 2020
They brought pidgy back but that was it, sad that we'll never see Ash/Satoshi no more
Mar 24, 2023 3:34 AM

Sep 2015
Quite insane how we've come this far. 25+ years of adventures of the same protagonist, and now, with this last episode, his adventures come to an end (Ok, not really. The ending is open-ended). I honestly don't think the anime will be the same without him, but as the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end."

Quite the nice episode to finish it off as well. Ash just busy hanging out with his Pokémon, wandering around places he's been in, hell, even his Pidgeot came back to save his ass from a midlife crisis after realizing he has no one in his roster when TRio caught Pikachu (yet a-fucking-gain). lmao. Also nice to see that Tracey has actual lines instead of just absolutely nothing (Shows that he's still part of the companion group.)

Welp. Sayonara to Ash and Pikachu. Sayonara to Misty, Brock, and every other companion Ash has traveled with. Sayonara to the TRio, I will never not forget how long your god damn monologue is. Sayonara to all of Ash's Pokémon, ones with mysteries upon them, yet that gives them personality.

And last of all, sayonara to all the adventures that happened within these 25+ years.

Let's see how Liko and Roy's adventures will go
ChirekachiMizuMar 24, 2023 6:38 AM
Mar 24, 2023 3:35 AM

Apr 2020
End of an era and probably the anime that made most people into anime fans alongside Dragon Ball.
While I didn't see most episodes leading into it I really enjoyed these final episodes and I got some of the easter eggs they threw in them.
I'll be checking out the new series once it comes out.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 24, 2023 4:04 AM

Sep 2010
Great last episode. There isn't much they could've done better. The visuals of this episode were outstanding. Was nice to see Team Rocket reuniting again for their last attack.

I still remember watching the first episode on TV and I can't believe how fast time has passed.

I'm very grateful that I could be part of this journey and I hope we'll see Ash and Pikachu again once in a while.
Mar 24, 2023 4:09 AM

Jun 2019
;_;  so much nostalgia and memories of my childhood I've made with this show. Definitely, an era-defining show, and today's the end of that era. It was so nice to ride along this journey of Satoshi or some call him Ash. So much time has passed and now I'm here watching the final episode of his journey. Grateful for all the fun times and memories this show gave me during all this time. I will forever miss everyone in this show.

Also, can't wait to see what the next adventures waiting for us in the sequel. Goodbye, Satoshi and Pikachu. I hope we get to see them somewhere down the line. Thanks to OLM as well.
Mar 24, 2023 4:49 AM
Feb 2020
After all these years, the promise was fulfilled. Welcome back Pidgeot! 

Honestly, while I do feel that this series had ALOT of missed  pottential ( not having Ash get a legendary nor evolving one of his mons, shafting Primeape and lacking proper closure for the rest of his past companions aside from Brock and Misty to name just a few) it really did show how much Ash has evolved as a person and trainer ever since the very first episode of the anime.

I am really gonna miss that goober...
Mar 24, 2023 5:11 AM
Jun 2020
[font="\"Noto Sans\", Arial, sans-serif"]While the ending may feel underwhelmed for some reason, im actually satisfied for now, cause it gave hope that this won't be the last time we see him (since it's open ended). Next time we see him he could be anywhere, so some of us won't be surprised if we see him in the new series. I think Pokemon is semi retiring Ash for now (they just don't know what to do with him for now), cause protagonist or not, he is Pokemon.[/font]
Mar 24, 2023 5:37 AM
May 2022
25 year in the making pokemon a new beginning of Ash
Mar 24, 2023 5:50 AM
May 2020
๐‘ป๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’Œ๐’” ๐‘จ๐’”๐’‰ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’‘๐’Š๐’Œ๐’‚๐’„๐’‰๐’– ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’• 26๐’š๐’“๐’”
๐‘ณ๐’๐’๐’Œ๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’˜๐’‚๐’“๐’… ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’†๐’˜ ๐’”๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’” ๐’˜๐’†๐’๐’
Mar 24, 2023 7:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And with that, the last remaining semblance of my childhood is gone

I started watching this anime when I was 5 years old and I fell in love with it (And subsequently the games) instantly. But never did I think that this series would have been with me for 25 years of my going on 30 years of life either, and I had a lot of great times and low times with this series (I'll never forgive these writers for what they did in DP and XY) too but overall....Seeing Ash become the #1 trainer in the world was something that I always wanted to see and despite the hard times, this alone made everything worth it for me after all these years

This final season has been filled with so much joy and nostalgia (THANK GOD that they let Pidgeot return in this finale, otherwise the fandom would have flipped out lol) that it reminded me as to why I loved this series growing up and also why Pokemon means so much to me period and all I have to say is THANK YOU Ash and Pikachu for growing (Figuratively since this man doesn't age TwT) with me all these years and filling my life with so much joy and excitement and I hope that we can all see you again MUCH OLDER and WISER too lol

Looking forward to the new series though, and I hope that it won't make the same mistakes that the old series did 
Mar 24, 2023 7:04 AM
Aug 2018
goodbye satoshi,pikachu, kasumi, takeshi,haruka, masato, hikari, serena , eureka,citron, goh,koharu.. thanks for the memories
bakayarou konoyarou
Mar 24, 2023 7:12 AM

Apr 2015
Oldies from the 90s, we live for that day...

Probably a turning point in the Pokemon media and I have to admit, after devoting several minutes each week to Ash & Pikachu for 20+ years, I feel like it's an end of an era in my life as well. It's unreal seeing this after so much time. I'm more relieved that it finally happened than anything tbh. It may be a shame that the farewell wasn't the narratively satisfying ending most of us probably expected (it seems that he'll come back in the future anyway), but all in all I still thank Pokémon Company for all the memories e made with our popular childhood duo. I was swallowing hard the whole final episode because it mirrors the first and ends with what inspired Ash to seek to be a Pokémon Master in the first place in a very poetic way, and what I can say about reuniting with Pidgeot after 24 real-world-years of waiting? I do wish Ho-Oh had been the one that made the rainbow though.

In a very personal level, my childhood ends here. Ash & Pikachu was the last thing on me from that time that hasn't died yet.
Now let the new generation make memories from the new protagonists like we did with Ash.
Mar 24, 2023 7:23 AM

Oct 2017
Misty and Rock says goodbye to Ash once again, hopefully they'll journey together again someday. It was nice to see them together in the final series. Otherwise a decent episode to end Ash's journey with us. It was good to see Pidgeot again too.

And that's it folks, the end of Ash's long long journey is finally here. Never thought I'd see the day but here we are. Truly the end of an era. Pokemon was one of the first animes I wacthed and thus it'll always be special to me. It's sad that Ash's journey is over but hopefully he'll make cameos in future series. Goodbye Ash, goodbye Pikachu.
MegamiRemMar 25, 2023 3:36 AM
Mar 24, 2023 8:33 AM
Sep 2022
See you soon, my dear friend Ash...
Mar 24, 2023 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
I don't even remember the first time I watched Pokemon, Ash has just been a part of my life since... forever. It's strange to see him go. But I guess it's also a sign that I have to move on.

I loved how, instead of being guided by Ho-oh, Ash just walks toward a rainbow, symbolizing an open-door instead of a linear direction. I hope he'll manage his goal, someday, to befriend every Pokemon in the world.

Goodbye Ash and Pikachu, and thank you for everything :)
Mar 24, 2023 9:03 AM

Jul 2012
The end of an era, today is a very bittersweet day. I really like that Pidgeot made a comeback after so long.

It was a perfectly fine ep for an ending, but in my heart it was a tad bit more important than just that.

I'll miss having these two adventuring, hopefully we will have a cameo in Pokemon Horizons.
Mar 24, 2023 10:16 AM

Mar 2018
That dramatic version of OK! playing in the beggining and Type: WILD playing in the ending were great.
Mar 24, 2023 10:50 AM
Feb 2018
Its Over
This was a really difficult time for me IRL, and to have this to watch after coming home as a young adult has been magical.
I think the message is clear, 
Just enjoy the little things
The point was always just to have fun, make friends, keep doing it !
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 AM
Apr 2015
Great last episode
Thank you Ash and Pikachu.
Thank you everything.
I'll miss them so much.
Hopefully will see them sometime in the future
Mar 24, 2023 11:23 AM
Feb 2016
I think I'm gonna cry ๐Ÿ˜ข
Mar 24, 2023 12:29 PM

Aug 2016
[font="Roboto, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, \"Segoe UI\", Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, \"Fira Sans\", \"Droid Sans\", \"Helvetica Neue\", sans-serif"]I'm sad but at the same time happy because of the "unending" ending. Guess it's time to finally fill gaps and watch the Unova/Kalos series[/font]

Mar 24, 2023 2:54 PM

Jan 2020
Ash finally grew tf up less go
Mar 24, 2023 3:56 PM

Mar 2018
End of a long and great era, first anime i ever saw when it first came out
Mar 24, 2023 4:15 PM

Mar 2020
THANK YOU SATOSHI AND PIKACHU FOR THE 26 YEARS. AS A FAN OF POKÉMON AND THE ANIME I'M SO HAPPY AND I CRIED OUT WHEN THEY GONNA HEAD OUT AND TYPE:WILD SONG PLAYED AS THE ED THEME SONG. HOPE WE SEE SATOSHI AGAIN IN THE NEXT SERIES OR IN THE FUTURE.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Mar 24, 2023 4:16 PM

Dec 2008
Well there ya have it , folks. What is tantamount to the end of one of the top grossing and most successful entertainment  franchise of all time...I knew it wouldnt be easy when I learned about this weird 11 episode sendoff about a year ago, yet I got through it since yesterday. I have not liked the direction that the franchise and especially the anime have gone toward over the last 10+ years, with the look of the characters being so flat and oten wishy washy in their appearance. And of course theres Misty's/ Kasumi's constant C*%k blocking of Brock getting anywhere wiht women. If shes into him, then ffs either say something up front or let the man be. HEs supposed to be in his 20s actually, isnt he? lol Anyways, what a weird way to do things. Though its not out of hte ordinary for how an anime show wraps things up to try and fabricate that feeling of connection with its audience, Pokemon could have done this soooooo much better. THe franchise is already solidified in the hearts and minds nad memories and lives of millions, so why just randomly have cheesy and unfulfilling filler most of the time. 
We can guess why. 
And that is because the company wants to just "kill off" Ash & Pikachu and move on, instead of aging them up canonically in a satisfying way like how Naruto and friends were over years of their franchise, or Goku and the Dragonball/Z group were, etc.  
The wide world, especially in the United States, was given to awe when Pokemon aired its first dubbed episode here on April 1, 1997 ( April Fools day lol :P), and it was wildly popular from the jump. A year previous the games ahead come out in japan, and htne the card game at th end of 96. Flash forward to 1998 and not only did the games finally get translated for us westerners, but the card game finally got a revamp and translation as well. And the rest is history. Been a long ride this almost 27 years. Little easter eggs harkening back to the first season of the show with not only some of Ash's earliest Katches ( get it? ash KETCHUm? Catch Em ALL? You already knew since 26 years ago lol) returning, but the very first 3 pokemon on the spot with Professor Oak. 
Ash's mom is still just supposedly existing in Pallet Town doing whom KNOWS what for money... No dad in sight still for the immortally youthful Ash, and Team Rocket is jst gonna go do their thang.  THe organization till exists, but...whatever, right? ITs left open ended and finally, along with many other once cherished franchises I loved for so long, I can now almost 100% say that Pokemon is over ( for me at least) and without Ash & pikachu it can REST IN POKE PIECE. RIPP! Whom knows how well the franchise will flourish or languish after this point. THeres all sorts of demographics that the new characters for the upcoming shows will no doubt be geared towards. And it may become that Pokemon loses no steam and  factj ust keeps on making BILLIONS of dollars worldwide, year after year. At the least, its still gonna be pumping out games, and cards and merch, but lets not kid ourselves "kiddies"... We have officially seen the end of the "High Era of Entertainment", which has been coming for the last ocuple years with big movie franchises finally ending, even though crummy flicks keep getting dished out to lukewarm reception. Tv sucks, streaming is miss more than hit, gaming is...divisive as always, the printed medium is a mess with comic books just...ugh, nuff said. BUt at least Manga is still going strong, right? lol WHilst Anime is...still anime; sticking to tropes and reboots or long awaited continuations of shows people once thought went the way of the "Entertainment Dinosaur". And so on... But at least some things got something of an ending, even if ambiguous at best and kinda hollow. 
At the very least, we got to say farewell before it went another generation of insipid drivel devoid of heart and soul. RIPP Pokemon. Hope you caught em all. Be well ^~^
Mar 24, 2023 4:16 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
This is the end huh, i didin't watched the last seasons of pokemon but still was one of the first anime that i had watched and undoubtedly it had a space in my heart for many years.
The anime will continue but this is a great turnpoint. Maybe i will atleast see the first episode of the new anime. 

Mar 24, 2023 5:02 PM
Feb 2018
Pidgeot is baack!!!
Mar 24, 2023 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
I ugly cried basically this entire episode.

Ash's mom giving him the shoes was a nice reference to the game but also to a new journey as well.

BUt my god MY GOD I started bawling my eyes out when my fucking BOY PIDGEOT SHOWED UP!

It's bittersweet to see these 5 leave...yes...5...Ash Pikachu, Jesse James and Meowth. They were all a big part of my life for 25 years and it's sad.

But here's to new Pokemon Adventures with new friends.

10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 24, 2023 5:24 PM
Mar 2019
I was pretty "whelmed" at first but... I think I'm overall satisfied.

To start with my personal letdowns:

With a series as massive as this show has gotten over 25 years, I always knew there were gonna be missed opportunities of some kind, so let's get them off my chest. 

Seeing Team Rocket with all their Pokemon returning (and flashbacks to the ones they released) in prior episodes was nice, but the dramatic presentation of their breakup made me hope there their resolution would be something different than ultimately just continuing to follow Ash and Pikachu, or just end with some sort of revelation about the greater fulfillment they get out of chasing Ash and Pikachu all this time. Though, it does reaffirm how they've grown a legit attachment to them and their adventures, blasting off with goofy delighted expressions on their faces like the scrappy goobers they are. I like to imagine that they've gotten some fulfillment from traveling across the world, performing in contests, working as venders, and doing all the weird stunts they've pulled over the past 25 years. And their fondness for Ash and Pikachu is legitimate, to the point where they'd be crying with pride and getting as invested as I was in his league matches. In a sense, through all their hardships, failures, and disagreements, they're a family who knows each other better than anyone, and they know Ash and Pikachu better than most who weren't their travelling companions. Soaring into the sky with a smile, I honestly can't get too displeased with that as their resolution.

Ho-oh, however, legitimately felt like a missed opportunity not having it show up for at least one shot when they were showing the rainbow. It would've been a great full circle moment to have them see it like they did in the first episode and have that be a part of spurring them on their journey like it did back then. Considering how many parallels they've already done to the very first episode, it would've just made the episode feel more complete. I suppose it could imply that the rainbow was made by Ho-oh, considering that it was almost certainly intended to parallel the first episode, but I wish it would've just been explicit and shown Ho-oh

My biggest disappointment is that it felt like the individual episodes in this season just could've utilized their time better with stories that were more substantial. There were several eps where I felt like the show was spinning its wheels the most with stories that largely felt like retreads of plots I've seen in prior seasons or returns that felt like they could've been tweaked to be more interesting or fun. That said, I still had decent fun with most of the episodes, with the first and last 3 episodes of the season being the ones I enjoyed the most. They did deliver on some of the returning characters/pokemon being satisfying to see again. Honestly, I wish the narrative would've been something more linear, or had some really solid character-focused stories, or just did something to be a bit more memorable or distinct than most of these episodes were.

I've heard it suggested that they could've included a montage of all the protagonists from prior generations and what they're currently doing. Something like that would've helped to give this episode more weight as the finale to the show's 25 year run, but I think this episode's approach was way more focused on Ash specifically and where his life's going. 

Now onto why I still like this as a finale and some scattered personal thoughts on "the end of Ash Ketchum":  

I ultimately felt the episode did what needed to in order to satisfy me as a resolution to Ash’s character arc. I heard some people online complaining about the open-ended-ness, but that’s one part of the episode I wouldn’t want any other way. There's something he's searching for beyond competing in region leagues or proving himself the strongest Pokemon trainer, as neither of those were his true endgame to begin with. For all the complaints of missed opportunities I have, what I value the most about this as a finale is how it provides the answer it promised in the trailers I saw back when Mezase Pokemon Master was announced. What does it mean to be a Pokemon master? In the end, Ash is still a challenger, with so much he has still yet to know about Pokemon and still many species he has yet to meet. He walks on a journey to understand what he's most passionate about, to wherever Pokemon exist until he meets and makes friends with all of them, because that's what it means to be a Pokemon master to him.

"Becoming the Champion wasn't my goal.. I'm still just a challenger I think. The world still has lots of Pokemon that I haven't even seen. I want to meet them and befriend them all. That's what it would mean to become a Pokemon Master!"-Ash Ketchum

Ash sitting under the trees in the rain with all these different Pokemon gathering together reinforces that point. It reminded me of that feeling of just being at peace with nature, walking alone outside or sitting in a wide-open park. In general, I like the quietness of this last part of the episode, once its all down to Ash and Pikachu on their own. .

Not a big Pidgeot fan myself, but nice to see Pidgeot still leading and protecting the Pidgeys and Pidgeottos in the forest. One of those returns which I'm glad for just so the people who've been clammering for it for decades can finally be put at ease.

Tracey speaks! I'm pretty sure most of his other appearances in the past 2 decades have been without speaking lines.

Returning to eat at Delia's house also feels like it brings the show full circle. As soon as he leaves, she knows he's probably going on another journey. "He's on a new adventure," I'm pretty sure is something she's said during a similar scene at the end of one of the prior seasons.

Gary being the one to pose the question to Ash that spurs his contemplation what being a Pokemon master means to him is a nice detail, considering it shows how much their relationship has evolved since the beginning of the show. They have different goals in life now, but they've each pushed the other forward to some extent through motivation as rivals or their accomplishments individually. Felt fitting to have their last meeting in the series end like this. In general, it's a nice parallel to have Ash helping Oak find the Charmander meant for a new trainer, since he started out with all the starters gone by the time he arrived for his first Pokemon.

I liked the little touch of Charmander not listening to Ash when he offered his hand to help it get out of the rock hole, and jumping on his head instead when he followed it down there. It’s a reminder that even after all this time Ash still always has progress to make in terms of his understanding of Pokemon, which is reinforced by the prior episode with how Ash reacted after seeing Latios still reject him at the end. There’s always room to grow in terms of him understanding and “making friends” with Pokemon, but its that love and fascination which motivates him to walk any path where Pokemon are.

One aspect I've grown to appreciate over the course of the different seasons is the constant recurring motif of "paths" that honestly does encapsulate a lot about the show broadly. Almost every season ends with the characters on branching dirt paths as say goodbye. I love how the show really embodies this sense that most people with different life goals will wander in and out of each others' lives even after sharing life-changing experiences with each other, and that's okay. Brock and Misty were conveniently off their usual business for long enough to hang out with Ash for old times sake, but today they have their own jobs (Misty as a gym leader and Brock as a doctor). Even the prior returns with Cilan, Squirtle, and Lapras were only temporary, since they all have their own goals and preoccupations, and so they say goodbye yet again while Ash figures out where he wants to go. 

Nice to have a path lined cherry blossoms at the end to symbolize new beginnings, intertwined with the aforementioned motif.

I know fans of prior seasons have their own beef about which characters or Pokemon they should've brought back or given more screen time just to tie up literally every single loose end possible. Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with how many characters they've brought back, especially taking the whole of Journeys into account. The execution on each character varied, but overall I was glad to see their personalities and dynamics with Ash one more time. Not the most mind-blowing notes to go out on for what could very well be these characters' final appearances onscreen, but I already have had literal hundreds of episodes with these characters, so I'm not too miffed about many of the returns being just fun excursions. This isn't the "end" of any of their journeys. They've all got their own lives to live and goals they're still pursuing, and I know they and Ash could certainly cross paths again someday under whatever circumstances that happen to bring them together. On a more concrete note, that theming is part of why I'm 99% sure Ash will make a return onscreen in the same way Misty, Brock, and other companions did while he was the main protag. If he does, I'd honestly hope to see an aged up version of Ash considering they don't have much need to keep him 10 anymore.

I almost cried hearing Type:Wild and seeing the original art style for the ED. But for the English dub, they better have someone sing the original 4Kids OP song (or the Pokerap with all 1000-something Pokemon). Now that would be peak fiction.

Pikachu giving him a stick to throw at the end, besides being a nice callback to a few episodes earlier at the end of Journeys, felt like a fitting way to see Ash go. Somewhere out there, he'll always be taking his own journey, passionately searching for new understandings of Pokemon. He's grown so much from that scrappy kid from Pallet Town, diving headfirst into that vast Pokemon world, and yet he's still got a long path to go. That's the life of Ash Ketchum. Thank you to all the animators, writers, directors, storyboarders, musicians, voice actors, Rica Matsumoto, all the creators who brought this decades-spanning, generation-defining journey to life. Thank you, Ash and Pikachu.

A few links to neat stuff I found:

The ED with niconicodouga text

Worn out shoes being a reference to Type: Wild's lyrics

Some parallels to ep 1 w/ images

"Next time... a New Beginning!" on prior seasons 

Parallel to a flashback of Ash taking shelter in the storm with Pokemon

Side by side of the first and last Team Rocket motto

Auto-translation of a tweet from the official Pokemon anime twitter: "Thank you for watching the story of Satoshi and Pikachu. 'NEXT TIME…A NEW BEGINNING!' Their adventure will continue somewhere!"

I've watched all of this series up through XYZ, bits and pieces of the later seasons, most of the movies, and even some of the cool smaller-scale animated side projects like Gotcha!, Twilight Wings, and Poketoon. It's easily one of the anime series I hold closest to my heart, throughout its memorable highs and disappointing lows. It was what made me interested in getting into the games, which I had my own ups and downs with, but the anime was the true core of my investment in this franchise. Seeing the entirety of XYZ in particular as it was airing alongside the fandom's impassioned reaction to it is still one of my favorite experiences with the anime fandom. I still have vivid childhood memories of watching most of that series dubbed on Cartoon Network as new episodes released every weekend and seeing discussion videos and AMVs on YouTube (so many Amourshipping AMVs), and writing this still only scratches the surface of what this series has meant to me over the years. There's nothing that can replace the experiences I had with this franchise from childhood memories back when I thought it would never end. Though, just as all good things come to an end, the future always holds a next time... a new beginning.
Mar 24, 2023 5:32 PM
Soaring

Aug 2014
Goodbye Ash and Pikachu.

It seems to be raining over here.
Mar 24, 2023 5:37 PM
Mar 2021
Well, here we are, the last chapter of Ash's journey. A few years back, when the Journeys series was starting I too started thinking, what is the goal, everyone knew it is the Pokémon Master but nobody knew what it really meant. I personally wanted a epic battle between Ash and all the legendaries and in the end to challange The God of all Pokémon – Arceus. That was my definition of Pokémon Master. To be stronger not than any trainer, but than The God. Now I realise that my view was too narrow, too simple minded. The Pokémon Master is understanding all Pokémon, by Ash's words to be friends with all Pokémon. Which doesn't mean he won't battle Arceus, after all, Ash does really enjoy the thrill of a battle, the thrill of a challange, so why not challange Arceus? As I said, my original idea of definition of the Pokémon Master was too simple, the now presented definition is far more wider in scope, so wide, that it completely consumes my definition of the title and adds a whole another spectrum of experiences and emotions to it. And you know what? Maybe it's better he stayed a 10 year old, because things just get harder and more complicated as you get older anyway.
I certainly would love to see all the new things, all the new pokémon, all the new battles that await Ash on his journey, but perhaps we should all just finish the story for ourselves in our heads or publish it on the internet. Me personally, I will eventually alter and finish my continuum of the story that I started when I first defined the title of Pokémon Master and post it somewhere.
Not gonna lie, I cried during the episode and I'm crying right now, but every story has an end.
Goodbye Ash Ketchum, it's been lovely meeting you, I hope you will be the very best, like no one ever was...
Mar 24, 2023 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
Im not ready to let this Journey go... I think the directors hinted at the also. Movies with Ash's continuing adventures would be great
Mar 24, 2023 6:16 PM

Nov 2015
diepz said:
goodbye satoshi,pikachu, kasumi, takeshi,haruka, masato, hikari, serena , eureka,citron, goh,koharu.. thanks for the memories
I wanna cry. I'm gonna miss all of ash's companion on his journey, especially Hikari. We will never see them again. The feels on how long this journey has been and it's time to say good bye. Good bye everyone!
Mar 24, 2023 7:43 PM

Sep 2009
It really didn't feel like the end of his journey but makes sense if they want to keep it somewhat open in case they do want to go back to Ash for cameo's or even a return. I was overall happy with how the episode went and hard to imagine that this is where Ash is done as the MC. Been watching since the original anime first aired and I started with the second part of the S.S Anne episode and been following since besides a few year break but then a huge binge to get caught back up. Pidgeot is finally reunited with Ash and that makes me so happy that they at least made sure to have that in here.
Mar 24, 2023 8:17 PM

Aug 2019
My childhood has officially ended.

I’m so relieved the team rocket got back together.

I honestly didn't think I’ll ever see the end of Ash’s journey. I've been watching for years, so this is more emotional than I expected but I'm glad I got to see Ash finally become a champion.

I'm hoping for a time skip to see an older Ash. I'm also curious about his father since for years, it's been a mystery. So I'm hoping that one day we'll find out who he is and how he looks like. But I’ll doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Farewell Ash and Pikachu.
Mar 24, 2023 8:25 PM

Nov 2016
but what happened to Gary's cheerleaders
Mar 24, 2023 8:42 PM
Dec 2020
After 25 years, with a heavy heart, I bid you goodbye.

Sayonara Ash and Pikachu.

Journey has come to an end.
Memories remain.
Mar 24, 2023 9:03 PM

May 2012
Pretty much exactly how I expected the final episode to go. Personally, I'm happy with how they decided to end it. It's weird to see Ash's journey with us over, he's been in my childhood and in general practically my entire life! I definitely teared up a bit, but I'm excited to see Liko's journey next!

Thank you Pokemon for giving me 25 years of fun, iconic moments to quote, the best songs to sing, and good memories.
Mar 24, 2023 9:42 PM

Jul 2014
Pidgeot!!! Being the last episode of Ash and Pikachu, Pidgeot had to come back. Sad for Primeape though.

Oh man, I can't believe the day would come when there would be no more Ash and Pikachu. I still remember how my mom bought me the first 2 movies on VHS :')

For me the peak of Pokemon was XY. The maturity, growth and experience Ash showed was awesome (without losing his goofy side), as well as the exciting battles and even the shipping (I miss you Serena) made it a lot of fun to watch, I remember how the fandom was really into it. Then came Sun and Moon with a lot of changes and I gave it a try, I watched like 50 episodes but the Pokemon I liked was no longer there. Kana Hanazawa made me try to watch Journeys but I only watched like 5 episodes and some battle here and there.

And then we come to this. The announcement of this epilogue series took me by surprise but brought me back, I couldn't say no to one last adventure with the original trio.

So, was it worth it? I feel they could have done more to be honest. I think they were on the right track in the first few episodes by bringing back characters, rotating Ash's team but then it fell into the usual episodic format, which isn't bad per se, but this being an epilogue I think we were expecting something more. Like the Latias plot that at the beginning seemed like Ash would finally catch a legendary pokemon only to end up fighting a generic villain. This being a nostalgic trip, there were so many little things they could have done to make it even more nostalgic but oh well.

That said, it was totally worth it just to see the original trio in some adventures like the old days. And Jesus Christ I never would have imagined we'd see Bianca again. Pidgeot? The real surprise was seeing the girl(or pokemon) from the original pokekiss haha.

As a finale, they didn't really close anything. Which on one hand is a shame but on the other it makes sense and fits with the series. Ash's journey isn't going to end when there are still so many pokemon to meet and befriend. The last message feels more like the classic "Ash's adventures will continue in the next region" than a goodbye only this time they decided not to continue the formula.

Anyway, there are seasons that I may have liked more or less but Ash and Pikachu have been part of my childhood, of my life and it has been a pleasure to follow them for so many years, I will miss them. It's weird to say goodbye to the Team Rocket that everyone knows, to all the companions he had throughout his journeys that one may have liked more or less, to all his pokemon that we have grown fond of, it's weird to say goodbye to the old pokemon, something you never thought was going to end. Goodbye and thank you for so much fun and memories.
SkyLETVMar 24, 2023 10:51 PM
Mar 24, 2023 10:18 PM

Sep 2018
Wow, it's finally over. Twenty five damn years of my life later, Ash and Pikachu's journey comes to an end. I wished for a little more emotional depth at times, like seeing Pidgeot again didn't hit as hard as it should have for example. These mini cameos, I would have liked more time with them. It was decent, a mixture of fun and boring episodes throughout this final series. 7/10.
Mar 24, 2023 10:28 PM

Jan 2022
eh it was a good episode. I enjoyed the personality of bulbasaur, but, aside from that. Could not have cared less for the "ending" of Ash. I felt more emotional that team rocket got back together (plus wobeffet facial expression was too good.

Can't forget about Psyduck crying*

I will say the scene with Ash and Pikachu caught up in the rain under the tree was beautifully done. I loved how the show highlights the different personalities of the pokemon through their actions. All in all, it was a fun ride, and I was happy to hear Ash admitted his victory was a fluke lol
Mar 24, 2023 11:00 PM
Nov 2017
That’s the best they could come up with after 25 years. I feel so robbed. My childhood came to an end with this wth
Mar 24, 2023 11:16 PM
Feb 2021
a reunion which we had waited for an entire eternity, these nostalgic moments i couldnt handle it, tears bursted out. Cannot believe my first ever anime has ended started watching it when i was 5, dont know what to feel๐Ÿฅบ
Mar 24, 2023 11:20 PM

Feb 2021
Is this the end? But the team rocket just got back.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 24, 2023 11:39 PM

Dec 2021
I wonder how many fans have been watching every single episode since Pokemon first came out
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Mar 24, 2023 11:45 PM

Sep 2021
owari da
its come to an end
one end is the beginning of other ~
a moment of silence to all those who couldn't watch it till the end ๐Ÿ›โ˜ฎ๏ธ
final episode thread bai-bai
Mar 25, 2023 2:33 AM

Jul 2020
What a wonderful way to cap off this long and seemingly never-ending adventure. Felt in keeping with the rest of the series in that it remained a relaxing and safe conclusion with Ash and Team Rocket both deciding to continue on their respective pathways to being a Pokemon Master/catching Pikachu. Hopefully we will see them come back in some regard one day but for now I am very satisfied. Looking forward to Pokemon Horizons too. I don't know it will live up to the legacy of this series but I am certainly excited to see.
Mar 25, 2023 3:45 AM
Jan 2021
The end of Ash and Pikachu! I'm gonna miss them, but I'm excited to see Roy and Liko's adventure.
Mar 25, 2023 5:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was very emotional, I still really liked the last series despite not having any "real" conclusion but I would say it's the way to do things for this series it doesn't need any conclusion, just getting more nostalgia especially the 1st season was perfect
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So how do you feel that Pokeshipping never happened even in the end? Misty fans how do you feel?

precita - Apr 4, 2023

13 by precita »»
Jun 2, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 9 Discussion

NintenZura - Mar 10, 2023

28 by QueenNothing »»
Apr 26, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 10 Discussion

AkemiInoue - Mar 17, 2023

43 by Nerdason »»
Mar 24, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 8 Discussion

Cosenza - Mar 3, 2023

33 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Pokemon: Mezase Pokemon Master Episode 7 Discussion

DanyyelTR - Feb 24, 2023

22 by Nerdason »»
Mar 23, 6:51 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.