Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Haizakura is such a selfless character, using whatever means to help others.

Quite an emotional episode tbh. It wasn't just her but everyone coming together to protect what they care about. Episode did feel kinda rushed but yeah, it gave everyone in the show a meaningful purpose in the end.
Sep 18, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2014
Finally finale. Don't really enjoy this much. Feels rushed just like The Day I Became a God.
Sep 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, it's the resurgence of the Oka vs. Kikka war between Haizakura and Haigakura, and not forgetting the rest of the Black Cat Café in resounding song.

And...timeskip to the future where everything is restored, but while Haizakura looks the same from the outside, everyone is weeping tears of despair and sharing the emotions with because her system functions went haywire, just like Yugiri. The Black Cat Café is back to normal again, and the days of song are able to be sung again.

Wow...erm, this is definitely a rushed ending that went exactly how Kamisama ni Natta Ni ended or worse, throwing everything out of the window.

tetrix1993 said:
Finally finale. Don't really enjoy this much. Feels rushed just like The Day I Became a God.
I second your thoughts. Key/Visual Arts as a brand deteriorated over time thanks to people driving its anime projects to the ground.
KANLen09Sep 23, 2022 9:55 AM
Sep 18, 2022 1:29 PM

Feb 2020
Very emotional finale. Too bad Haizakura lost her memory. :( To be honest, I really didn't want this kind of sad ending, but oh well.

For me, this was one of the best shows of the season. I really liked the story and almost everything else.

I'll miss these characters, especially Haizakura, Gekka, and Retzel.

SerafosSep 23, 2022 11:10 AM
Sep 19, 2022 5:32 AM

Apr 2010
Well a turbulent ending with Haizakurai losing her memories, which was sad.
They where trying hard to save everyone before that tho so something good came out of it but the current situation must be very hard on the girls.
At least Haizakura is still around tho.

The anime was pretty ok it was nice seeing the struggles of the girls with their past.
Sep 19, 2022 12:51 PM

Sep 2020
Haizakura lost her memory and choose to reset herself to restart again, curious what did the red eyes mean in the end.
Overall good series, great characters, music, visuals, but I think the drama didn't blend really well with different aspects of the show.
Sep 21, 2022 4:08 AM
Feb 2018
takamono said:
Haizakura lost her memory and choose to reset herself to restart again, curious what did the red eyes mean in the end.
Overall good series, great characters, music, visuals, but I think the drama didn't blend really well with different aspects of the show.

I agree, i love characters and music but i as always i think this kind of animes need more episodes. But in general is okay. I feel Prima doll is a bit underrated this season.
Sep 23, 2022 10:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I expect this kind of ending where they would have to make sacrifices and especially Haizakura here who was losing her memories so she accepted to be reset and repaired, their last song together was so cute! At least it is better that she got reset than just died, so I would still say it's a happy ending since the main war issue has been resolved.
Sep 23, 2022 10:31 AM

Apr 2014
Trust me, there was a memory backup within that rabbit robot. Its eyes grew red when Haikagura was holding her at the end of the episode, and it was about the same time that Haizakura was talking on the stage. This was not a coincidence. There should be something hidden under those red eyes.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 23, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
What an fantastic episode Haizakura is such a sweet, kind, caring and selflessness Character to the point that she will willingly get reset and lose what remains of her memories so that she can be of use to everyone.

Please lets get a season 2 soon
Sep 23, 2022 10:48 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Karasuba managed to link.
And now everyone is going to bring Haizakura back!
When they do, she feels responsible and wants to solve the problem by herself though all the others tell her that they will all sing together.
When Nagi arrives, all the girls are in bad condition...
Luckily, it seems he repaired them. But Haizakura doesn't have her memories...
Chiyo asks her to make omurice for her and she loves it as always. But everyone is crying and Haizakura can't stop crying herself...
I feel bad for Haikagura.
Houkiboshi gives Haizakura a diary of what she did before.
I loved seeing Chiyo and Haizakura's talk.
Haizakura asks to be reset...
Her last wish is to sing together with everyone in Kuronekotei.

I loved the show and it was nice to see the events before the web novel! Hope we get a season 2 but perhaps this time following the web novel also!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 23, 2022 11:08 AM

Jul 2014
If you had told me at the start that this show would have so much singing in it, I probably would not have believed you. And yet, here we are after yet more singing saved the day even if it cost Haizakura her memories. Not like it matters though, as I genuinely do not care one jot about Haizakura as a protagonist, and to be honest I think her being so excessively moe made it very hard for me to get as invested as the show wanted me to: her particular brand of moe feels incredibly dated and also just very unnatural and it ended up annoying me an awful lot.

In the grand scheme of things, there was definitely some potential here but ultimately, as with other recent anime-original Key works it completely failed to live up to that potential. The fact that this is just a prelude to what will probably be a short-lived gacha game only makes it worse and perhaps explains why this anime plays it so safe rather than actually using the darker side of its premise more.

5/10
Sep 23, 2022 11:25 AM

Dec 2020
What a dramatic final episode, haizakura must be through a lot and that make al lot more sad that she lost her memories.
The voice actors make a really good job.7/10
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 23, 2022 11:30 AM

Feb 2019
It wouldn’t be a key project without someone forgetting their memory at the end and a quest to get it back.. as well as a lot of tears lol

A liked the vast majority of the show and loved all of the girls, but just like kamisama ni natta hi, this show needed more time in the oven. It was fine up until that last mini arc with the ooka model. We could have gone for at least 3-5 more eps imo that would have allowed everything to wrap up smoothly. I’m also just not a fan of Haizakura having to be reset. It’s ok to just have a regular happy ending lol.

A very solid 7/10, but it could have been even better with a little more time.
Sep 23, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2021
Well yeah, that was definitely rushed. Just how much fluids do they give these robots exactly? They were crying entire swimming pools. Heck, at times it looked like they were a machine created solely to cry their eyes out... oh.

Sep 23, 2022 2:29 PM

Feb 2021
A sort of rushed ending for this series. I think that although the show had some enjoybale factors, it wasn't anything too special.
Sep 23, 2022 4:00 PM

Jul 2020
I feel the opposite of others, I really liked this last episode. That being said, the rest of the show isn't so great unfortunately. I enjoyed Prima Doll, but imo it's Key's weakest work out of the ones I've finished.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Sep 23, 2022 4:47 PM

Jun 2017
I also agree the ending was rushed but at least the main cast lived despite Haizakura getting the shorter end of the stick, it's something and I am cool with that. lol
Sep 23, 2022 5:54 PM
May 2017
Very good. Cute and dramatic, well inside Key's comfort zone. Well produced. Plastic Memories vibes. I will miss such sentient machines.

leonardobarbaSep 24, 2022 3:09 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 23, 2022 6:19 PM

Jul 2016
someone tell the moderators that the anime ended, please. I want to mark it as ended but I can't right now
Sep 23, 2022 7:15 PM

Sep 2016
I'm tired of bittershit ending
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 23, 2022 7:23 PM
May 2007
I didn't see anyone else mention it here, but Key has already announced a 4 part Kinetic Novel series for this. Part 1 (2023) covers everything in the anime, part 2 (2023) is a prequel for Houkiboshi (2023), part 3 (2023) happens during the time skip in this episode, and part 4 (2024) is a direct sequel to the anime. https://primadoll.jp/kineticnovel.html
Sep 23, 2022 8:00 PM
Oct 2020
Overall a pretty good adorable anime. Good 6/10
Sep 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Nov 2018
I was kinda expecting something with more impact from Key, given their reputation... instead, this kinda came out as a hamfisted Violet Evergarden
Sep 23, 2022 9:00 PM
Mar 2022
Welp we are finally done pretty good show ngl.Also that's a bittersweet ending that will make me sad for a day.
Sep 23, 2022 9:41 PM
Jun 2008
Say, it appears that Prima Doll is still airing in MAL even though the series itself is already finished.

But yes, it was a bittersweet ending for Prima Doll. It's sucks that we'll never know what happened to the Imperial Line Faction after they indirectly cause a robot apocalype.
Sep 24, 2022 2:38 AM

Oct 2007
the government in this anime is very forgiving. Haikagura cause plenty of deaths + widespread property damage, then the only punishment is sealed + reset? I guess they are thinking, they might need her later in case war with Lobelia breaks out again. And it's looks like Haikagura (Kikka) dodged the reset by transferring her mind to the Inaba she is holding. Her mind was transferred from adult to loli body, it would be no problem for her to transfer again.

Retzel is good at hand to hand combat. Did not expect this slice of life to turn into a war anime on the last 2 episodes. Also glad her fat cat survive. lol

sad that Haizakura lost memories, but she could always gain new good memories after being reset. Hopefully, the war is truly over now.

this is one of the best shows I watched this season. 10/10
Liddo-kunOct 16, 2022 4:43 AM
Sep 24, 2022 4:36 AM

Nov 2013
Sadly the show wasn't as good as I first expected it would be. The ending - didn't really like it, considering MC losing her memories. I consider it to be equal to death. Oh well...
Sep 24, 2022 4:44 AM

Aug 2020
A beautiful and touching ending. With the power of their union, the Kuroneko-tei brigade defeated the robots and their chaos, using their beautiful song. Haikagura got sealed, but I just wish she could at least say goodbye to Haizakura.

Their last performance together was memorable and sad, but at least they enjoyed the time they had together with the Haizakura they know.

Great closing.

Sep 24, 2022 5:07 AM

Dec 2008
I really expected much more from the show, but it turned out to be a musical instead. Cant fault it on visuals and I really like the OP but I was disappointed in what I watched.
May the Uguu be with you.

Sep 24, 2022 5:57 AM
Jul 2017
The ending itself was really good. Seeing Gekka cry was really tugging on my heartstrings. Maybe if I gave it another watch from the start it might hit differently. This episode made me realize that memory and our memories might be the most important thing we have that makes one who they are. ...Now that I read what I just wrote it seems like a really obvious thing... But I suppose I forget about this obvious thing in my day to day so it was a nice reminder.
Sep 24, 2022 7:45 AM
Sep 2022
Amazing, epic comeback from key
Sep 24, 2022 8:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to finally see the army being useful for once. That jamming gear sure ended up being useless. Using the power of linking and songs to stop the rampage of the automata though was pretty creative. But it made the best use of the bonds that the five of them had forged over their time together. Im glad that the worst that Chiyo got from the rampage was bedrest and a haircut. Though it's sad seeing Haizakura lose her memories as part of the repairs at least she managed to survive. But the revelation about her state really was sad. Its unfortunate that despite being advanced enough to make the dolls that society still doesn't have the means to store their memories as a backup. The last credits scene was a nice farewell to Haizakura as it showed just how much she been through after starting work at the cafe.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 8:21 AM

Oct 2007
the Kuroneko cafe dolls are heroes, their singing stopped the robots just in time. The soldiers are fighting back, but the humans won't last long. The robots have air superiority and more heavily armed.. there's one large robot shown firing a machine gun before being stopped by the song.
Sep 24, 2022 3:38 PM

Oct 2008
too much cryin'...but it was good to say at least...
4/5.
7/10.

Sep 24, 2022 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
How you going to end the series like this??? Man even with that Doll glowing at the end...come on now.

Should have had a better ending but still good. 7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 24, 2022 6:05 PM

Mar 2014
Well not exactly what I hope for but happy ending
Sep 24, 2022 7:51 PM

Dec 2015
Well, maybe we can call this a happy ending, after all this they'll be happy again together but with a new Haizakura.

One more thing, this last episode remember a lot Vivy last performance, spoiler from Vivy
Sep 26, 2022 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
was that a time skip at the ending with her being repaired (even if no memories)?

damn tho, these finals where you know they are about to "die" (even if sometimes they don't) are freaking hard to watch...
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 26, 2022 4:12 PM

Oct 2007
anyone know the name of the song that they sang to stop the rampaging robots? Having a hard time finding it.
Sep 27, 2022 12:52 PM

May 2019
I think that this anime was the sleeper hit of the season, at least for SoL mixed in with some action. This last episode was an emotional rollercoaster that had a mostly satisfying but bittersweet ending, with Haizakura choosing to have her memory reset so she can be properly repaired (it makes sense since supposedly she would forget even more current events).

I'm glad that Haikagura was able to see Haizakura one last time but it appears that she may have done a transfer to the doll she was holding (maybe a memory transfer?) This definitely leaves this open and it looks like this series will carry on via kinetic novels, I do hope they are translated to English, better yet another anime would be welcomed too. I liked the supporting cast including Chiyo, and Nagi was a great "master" and supported his girls however he could. Overall I give this anime an 8/10.
Sep 27, 2022 1:10 PM
Jan 2015
So the ending was from that boogiepop arch about a girl with 3 minutes of memory and a diary :)
Sep 29, 2022 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
Oct 1, 2022 10:31 PM

Feb 2021
Enjoyed this series a good bit. Heartfelt moments and very likeable characters. This ending fit the vibe and overarching theme of the show, but it still hit hard in the feels despite thinking I was somewhat ready for it by the time episode 11 rolled around. Haizakura deserved a happy ending but alas. Anime revolving around memory loss can sometimes be pretty painful to bear on one's emotions, just as much if not even more than actual death. Don't see this going for a season 2 as the story is done and told, but would not mind more of this loveable cast anyday.
Oct 5, 2022 2:00 PM

Nov 2012
What a beautiful show, shame on me for waiting for so long to finish this.
Fin huh? So I can't expect a new season, thats sad.

My Candies:

Oct 7, 2022 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah Haizakura is a Isla V.2, but Isla still sleep until now and Haizakura not
G
Oct 27, 2022 7:01 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, veeery mixed feelings about the ending; it didn´t feel a closure (although it is supposed to be? xD) and that was a bitter-sweet ending.

Even though the ending was not bad per see, it was personaly not the type of ending I am fond and... the bitter counterpart is hitting my harder than the sweet xD

In general, the anime is very nice and I can safely say it is already a hidden gem and clearly underrated. Well, when it comes to scores many animes are treated unfairly.

One should never fully trust mean scores.

8/10 from me.
TechOtakuOct 27, 2022 7:19 PM
Nov 2, 2022 4:36 AM

Feb 2021
So in the end they are not happy ending since the Haizakura is broken permanently and can't be fixed...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 7, 2022 1:04 PM

Nov 2009
I see, so previously Oka failed to link and control all the mechas, is cause she was literally doing it all alone.

Haikazura almost suffered the same fate, however this time she's got friends from Black Cat that acts as support units.

However, while she didn't go out of control, she sorta lost her memory. (which goes in a full circle to the Haikazura that was at episode 1 that also didn't have her original Bunny memory)

___ ___ ___

Tho... the ending kinda suck huh...

Literally Haikagura (Kikka) is being reset and sealed so she can't be turned back on for probably forever...

Haizakura lost her memories and even tho she tries to remember using her diary, she fails and parts of the diary is destroyed by the rain... (and she came to the conclusion that her memory will mostly likely never return)

So technically both Kikka and Oka are now "dead" as they will probably never to return every again. (or years later when Nagi somehow fools the world once again to bring Haikagura back as another bunny originated doll... and somehow finds a way to restore Haizakura's memories)

But even then... with the incident, I am pretty sure the dolls and mechas lost even more of their privileges and freedom... which means it goes against what Nagi was originally trying to create from the beginning, a world that accepts and treats automatas and dolls with dignity and care.

(meaning Nagi's only way to actually bring back Kikka and Oka is to become the anti-hero that goes against the world, LOL)

(which ironically is the exact ideal of what Haikagura wanted to make... a world that's safe for dolls) (except Haikagura went with violence instead of politics)
amlgNov 7, 2022 3:45 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 7, 2022 2:29 PM

Mar 2013
Didnr't expect the Alzheimer ending, it's just like fuko but without the star running gag because the serie is finished...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

31 by wildhood »»
Aug 5, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

28 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 26, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2022

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 13, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2022

40 by welcome2atlantis »»
Sep 8, 2023 5:59 AM

» Cringe

Stormen - Mar 26, 2023

11 by RSGX »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.