Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Detective Is Already Dead
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2021 6:16 AM

Feb 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The visuals and the bgm was perfect for the 1st episode. Quite good for a new studio. Although the LN art is beautiful, the anime too doesn't reduce Siesta's charm. Though Kimizuka looks quite old for a middle schooler.

They rearranged a few events for the anime but it doesn't really effect the story.

I know the a lot of people are gonna ask if the detective is dead or not so I'll just say this—It's in the title. It's in the synopsis. Don't judge anything because of that and give this series a try. I know you're gonna love this unless they mess up the adaptation which I'm sure they won't.
Jul 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Apr 2020
This anime is interesting to me.

Great start, a beautiful detective and good at fighting, that was a really good fight scene, and I love her weapon.
Even a detective talks about ghosts, lmao, I love that festival scene.

As the title says, the detective is dead ...
Jul 4, 2021 6:22 AM

Feb 2018
Alright, I have been waiting for this. It was on airplane flying as high as 10,000 meters above sea level. I don't know why and it does look like that I want to punch those face, I mean Komori-kun. The hijacking of this plane is ridiculous, and the fate of 600 passengers is now only determined by a game? Are you sure about that Komori-kun? Komori is a member of a secret organization (SPES). With power, knowledge and intelligence, they have created the Homunculus, and threaten the world from behind the scenes. There is no one in this world who is not afraid of death so don't ask questions like that. I don't know why seeing an anime with a plane hijacking is very interesting, tbh maybe this is my first time watching an anime with a plane hijacking setting. It was an action-packed scene, Siesta seemed to have a hard time fighting Komori, with those tentacles it certainly wasn't easy to beat him. No one can beat Komori if you are not a monster, Siesta is an overpowered detective. I feel that Kimihiko is a badboy but Ma, he is useless in a fight, lol.

They tried several ideas against Komori, measuring the time of 30 seconds seemed hard. Siesta had to be held hostage by those fkng tentacles, it was so erotic. Alright, this is question how do you get those shotgun, huh? Together this assistant is indeed a good job, I mean fighting Komori with his tentacles.I like that action scene, how Komori fights Siesta. Siesta used a shotgun and threw a bullet, it hit Komori's eye as a result Komori swallowed a shotgun, lol.

Using bullets, Siesta made an obscure vow. If Komori was hit by a bullet from that shotgun then Komori wouldn't be able to attack Siesta anymore. It was a tiring hijacking incident, at least Siesta should give Kimihiko a chance to rest, lol. Siesta is want to make Kimihiko to be her assistant, I'm still curious about Siesta. Actually, what is the seven tools Siesta? Hhmm ... The strange key, the bath scene is also interesting, this is the romantic story of the detective and assistant. There's no lock that can't be opened with this key, damn that Was so op.

youth romantic comedy edition, Seeing Siesta wearing school uniform, it's cute because the detective wear school uniform... For some reason, this seems to have been tweaked a bit. I mean it's different from light novels, the school festival should still be far away. Ma, it's a cute bunny, they passed the haunted house and this is indeed a date. While they were chasing the rabbit, they were dragged into the cosplay club, they were cosplaying like a bride, they looked cute together. They literally jumped out of the window and it was a bride and groom in the sky, lol.

It was a drug case, the student who sold drugs got more pocket money, this was their second case. They're actually discussing this drug case in the haunted toilet, lol. Of the many scenes I like the scene when they say assistant and detective vows, really

"No matter anything kind of incident or trouble I get into you, I'll take care of you and protect you. So ... Kimi watashi ni joshu ni natte yo." Damn.

Jul 4, 2021 6:25 AM

Feb 2014
The conversation between Siesta and Kimizuka was so good! I love it! Very good first episode. Baka ka kimi wa.
tetrix1993Jul 4, 2021 8:25 AM
Jul 4, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2018
AnonymousGuy9 said:
I know the a lot of people are gonna ask if the detective is dead or not so I'll just say this—It's in the title.
they won't know :")

Jul 4, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this was quite something. It's not everyday you get to see a white haired girl help out a guy on a hijacked airplane.

Siesta may seem mysterious but some of her actions are rather straightforward. This is pretty much a 'how I became Siesta's assistant' story for Kimizuka lol. Not like he had that much choice tbh. Siesta herself also seems like an interesting character because outside of that case, she actually shows a lot of normal behavior for such a strange girl.

Pretty good episode imo.

Jul 4, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
Well well, this is one of the hotly anticipated shows of the Summer season, and it really doesn't disappoint.

For a new studio like ENGI, I must admit that this series that the studio produced, so far it's their Magnum Opus.

For the 1st half of the 1-hour special, Kimizuka Kimihiko and Siesta, both detectives, one actual, one a scaredy cat demoted to assistant, though personality wise they're quite different. And bless me more than most because rearranging events from the LN really helps give the context of what these detectives are up against: psuedohumans under a mysterious organization called "SPES", humans with supernatural powers. And Siesta handles it with glee, besides "Bat" Koumori being a test for the almost-hijacking of a plane.

The "Opening, Youth Romcom Arc" of the 2nd half reminds me so much of SNAFU with the title. And Siesta just looking at Kimizuka like she gives a heck in her stark monotone and blissful character is kinda funny though. Going to solve the usual Hanako school rumour under the disguise of a relationship-like fashion, dang Siesta's cute in her school uniform. But what better to solve this drug case than to go through with cosplay as part of the plan, and a bride and groom figure fits them best and catch the culprits through conventional detective means.

The troublemaker assistant Kimizuka and the perfect detective Siesta, based on the literacy of the show's title, it has happened.

What an impressive double-length episode though, I'm very happy that it worked out.
Jul 4, 2021 7:19 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmmm ok, that was quite entertaining but that's all so far for me, the plane case had some good looking fight scenes but the whole cyborg/powers thing was meh IMO, same for the drug thing during the school festival... the whole romance ambiance is good though xD I like the main girl but I wonder how it will be now that she's dead, the main guy is really in middle school? I swear he looks like he's 25
Jul 4, 2021 7:19 AM

Jul 2020
Woah, colour me impressed. Such a dodgy concept works quite well, think this one is going to be a banger the longer it goes. The comedy was perfect, the animation was brilliant, the mc isn't a wuss but he gets dragged along, the fmc was kuudere as hell, brilliant pilot episode honestly.

That ending, although the title does say it, was slightly gut wrenching but we move
LeviathanHWDJul 4, 2021 7:58 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 4, 2021 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
Everything was going well, until a tentacle grew out of his face. Although the animation is pretty good 0.0

Well, interesting start... And that's how he became Siesta's assistant, that sentence at the end uhh, that's a tough one
Jul 4, 2021 7:46 AM

May 2021
Was looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint! Visuals great. Siesta looked amazing too.
The detective is already dead though :(
Rem4lifexDJul 4, 2021 8:16 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 4, 2021 7:50 AM

Jan 2017
Wait, Kimizuka was still in middle school during the plane hijacking scene? my gosh he looks quite middle aged already lmao

Solid double-length premiere, of course they're gonna make us like Siesta only to kill her off just a bit later, it worked for me
Jul 4, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2019
Woah, the visuals and the animation in this are sooo freaking clean. Damn.

I was looking forward to this, having no prior knowledge of what it is about. Just the designs alone managed to pique my curiosity.

Also, I like the soundtrack a lot.

Jul 4, 2021 8:05 AM
Jan 2021
I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! the 2 mcs kinda reminds me of the two in/spectre mcs lol x)
Jul 4, 2021 8:19 AM

Jun 2017
The pacing was off, voice acting/sound mixing was terrible. Story seems to be ok.
Jul 4, 2021 8:20 AM
Mar 2019
Ayo the animation tho,
Jul 4, 2021 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
Very great first episode.

A bit different from the light novel with some storyline rearrangement. ฺBut it still good anyways. The what so-called romcom second half was very lovely relaxing. Especially the moment when Kimihiki proposes to Siesta.
Siesta in the wedding dress looks very beautiful.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 4, 2021 8:22 AM
Jun 2021
It's good , better than I expected , the seiyuu , look like another well-done anime , really looking forward to this anime
Jul 4, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Loved their banters, very monogatari ish.
I forced myself to not like the fmc cause the title literally spoils that she’s already dead but alas…. She already my waifu of the season….why!? Why did she had to die!? Solid 1hr length ep, amazing animatiion, art and directing… God I hope she is not actually dead… Please be alive! Theres gotta be more to her right!? She was introduced as a mystery girl in a world where androids are a things, she was also able to do some superhuman feats that makes me question if she is human or not.
Solid 9/10 start, please dont let this be the last time we get to see more of Siesta. We feastin on some amazing white haired waifus recently.
Jul 4, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2020
The MC looks like a middle aged man than a middle school student, anyways this series is gonna be pretty interesting

and of course, the detective is already dead.

It's useless! From here on, the path is only a One-way road!
Just put your tail between your legs and get your ass back where you came from! - Accelerator

Jul 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Oct 2017
Introduce an amusing af female protag and then kill her in the very first episode, SUBARASHII. So the title of the show wasn't a joke and it was a spoiler all along, very nice.

Other than that an okay premise. Both first half in the plane and the second half was allright. I really liked the interactions between Kimihiko and Siesta. Siesta's beautiful and amusing af too. Also surprisingly the production of this show was good.

Oh well with Siesta dead I wonder if watching the rest of the episodes will be even worth it but for now I'm onboard.
Jul 4, 2021 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
So far so good. I really like this anime and can't wait to see the next episode!
Jul 4, 2021 8:34 AM

Nov 2018
Well this would be a bad day for Toilet Bound Hanaku Kun (if he watching this anime, hes facial reaction would like??)
😅😅😅

Anyways, lets skip the jokes for a while..
This anime would be compared to the anime name "Ispectre" although it was a detective story but their faces Between Siesta and his Assistant are the same face for Kuro and his Assistant, but they different working and the same concwpt..
I would be say that this would be a great anime for the season..

But idk why Siesta already dead?? It doesnt mean that the title was related to the life of Siesta??
Jul 4, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2020
KanoValentine said:
The pacing was off, voice acting/sound mixing was terrible. Story seems to be ok.

Wait what was wrong with the voice acting and sound mixing? That's a weird complaint lol
Jul 4, 2021 8:37 AM
Apr 2021
This is a masterpiece, I was surprised at the airplane scene where the hijacker suddenly pulled out a tentacle? It kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul. Either way, I'll be waiting for this every week!
Jul 4, 2021 8:38 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty cool and fun episode, the plot was ok, but the animation looks really nice, hope Studio ENGI can keep this quality!
Jul 4, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2018
Pretty interesting first episode, Siesta's charm is indeed beautiful. And Kimi (mc) is pretty funny lol. The fight animation scenes are smooth (most of the time)
Siesta's dead, title duh.

Weird but good OST.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 4, 2021 8:44 AM
Mar 2021
I can see this anime going somewhere for this season, very good first episode and the animation surprised me tbh and I would like to see the updated score as it’s quite low rn.
Jul 4, 2021 8:47 AM
Jan 2021
This was going to be uploaded on Funimation but I don’t see it? Where is everyone watching this?
Jul 4, 2021 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
Damn 50mins like Bokutachi no Remake 👍
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 4, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
A white-haired waifu who's a detective. That's gonna be interesting for sure. Her deducing skills are definitely up there. She's good at her job and she's cute. So, my attention is already into this show.

And Kimi becoming her assistant just like that. It'll be great to see their relationship with each other moving forward in this show. The animation is really good. No complaints there. Pretty good start.
Jul 4, 2021 8:54 AM

Sep 2020
Seems like the whole episode's budget went towards Siesta and Her Kawaiiiiness (๑•﹏•)

The OSTs didn't fit well. Hope it gets better in the upcoming episodes.
Jul 4, 2021 8:56 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting first episode. Though, I bet Siesta knew I would type this, knowing how she works lol. I quite liked her.
Jul 4, 2021 8:57 AM
Feb 2021
Opening was interesting but development was boring. The involvement of SPES foreshadows bad plot imo. And the philosophy that an ace detective solves everything beforehand is not only utterly wrong, but also implies that this anime will have asspulls everywhere.
Jul 4, 2021 9:00 AM
May 2016
I really like the sakuga in episode 1 when Siesta fight the tentacle guy. The overall animation and inbetween is good too. Even though the anime studio (ENGI) still new, they did a great job. Hope we can see the consistency animation in further episode. Siesta is dead(?) in episode 1 makes me sad lol.. She is really genius and beautiful tho. Can't wait next week for another eps in Muse Asia :)
Jul 4, 2021 9:03 AM

Jun 2017
SakayanagiCOTE said:
KanoValentine said:

Wait what was wrong with the voice acting and sound mixing? That's a weird complaint lol
It felt dull to me.
Jul 4, 2021 9:04 AM
Mar 2020
Interesting first episode, because I'm totally in for the mystery of why the detective is dead but, there's too little detective work for my taste. Though the rapport between the two mains is cute, it can be cringey at times.
Jul 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2014
Based on synopsis I expected something slower and more realistic, so when those tentacles popped up I had really mixed feelings. But then the animation in action scenes quickly made me forget about it.
Siesta sure is (was?) cute. I hope we learn more about what happened in the next episode, because right now even synopsis on MAL tells us more than anime itself.
Jul 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
How many twists do you want?

Author: Yes

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I want to like this for the premise and the first half was pretty entertaining. I just don't dig the interactions between Siesta and Kimizuka. Fetishizing the former doesn't really help either.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2021 9:07 AM
Jan 2020
Not bad ngl I enjoyed it a lot and the wholesome cosplay right there almost gave me another diabetes
Jul 4, 2021 9:21 AM

May 2021
Great first episode. The mc almost looks like the dude from girlfriend girlfriend.
Jul 4, 2021 9:24 AM

Nov 2016
Really good start

The banter with Siesta and Kimihiko was really good. A bit monogatari-esque like someone said above, not gonna lie.

I didn't expect that they would make the airplane scene so Sakuga heavy. Not complaining though.

It feels like this first episode was mostly anime original since the prologue in the novel wasn't so long. That or maybe it is adapting a flashback that happens later on that hasn't been translated yet. Time will tell
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2021 9:24 AM

Jun 2020
I didn't expect it will catch my attention this season, such a really great start.
Jul 4, 2021 9:26 AM

May 2020
I've been looking forward to this and I did not disappoint. I hope that more anime have extended length first episodes, even though its only been one episode I feel invested in the characters
Jul 4, 2021 9:31 AM

Sep 2019
It was a nice first episode, I had fun watching it. The animation was really good. I LOVED the scene where she shot him around 16:20. It was so good. I didn’t like the music. The story seems fine so far. There were some dialogues that I found bad, hope there won't be much of them in the future. The girls are very cute.

Yui is the best girl
z00nexJul 4, 2021 10:45 AM
Jul 4, 2021 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I want to like this for the premise and the first half was pretty entertaining. I just don't dig the interactions between Siesta and Kimizuka. Fetishizing the former doesn't really help either.

I thought their interactions were the best part. Reminded me of Monogatari in a way. No annoying freak outs from either character either.
Jul 4, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 2021
A slice of life with high budget. Well except for the fight scene which i have to say looked really good the whole episode was dull, i mean the mysteries were dull the detective reasoning was dull too and after finishing the 47 min long 1st episode i dint even feal like i want to watch what happens next. The character designs are so generic , i think thats what you get for adapting light novels instead of manga's. And what the hell is wrong with the new manga's and light novels which getting adapted i mean can they not even properly represent a middle schooler,the same problem is also in tokyo revengers ( which is a good anime tho), the protag doesnt look like a middle schooler on the basis of his appearnce or by the way he talks and acts and also why are we watching a subtle romance between detective and the protag , is the detective supposed to be a pedo
Jul 4, 2021 9:43 AM

Sep 2019
FMmatron said:

what about fetishizing the latter
Jul 4, 2021 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
z00nex said:
FMmatron said:

what about fetishizing the latter

Would at least give him some flavour

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2021 9:57 AM
Apr 2020
I wasn't expecting the 1st episode to be 40-ish minutes long but that was a pleasant surprise.

One thing that surprised me is that for a middle-schooler, Kimihiko looks more like an adult, or at least a highschooler.

I'm intrigued by the whole story rn. Like who is SPES exactly? BUT most importantly, how did Siesta die and why?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2021

71 by Iam_eden »»
Sep 25, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2021

94 by mangagadaisuki »»
Aug 24, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2021

239 by Felix_Lorenz »»
Jan 7, 12:38 PM

» Does Siesta’s hairband (scrunchies or whatever) have any meaning?

RudeRedis - Dec 28, 2023

4 by illufox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Siesta is the plot, no cap (poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 19, 2021

13 by ProdigyKing »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.