Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it's cool that the show is getting into papermaking. As someone who loves books, it's very important to Myne.

While this anime doesn't have much magic shown yet, there's the idea of contract spells. The more Myne understands how their world works, I think the more she'll gain knowledge about books.

Lol
Nov 13, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
I'm glad Lutz and Maine were able to get along after that small argument.

So there is magic in this world and Maine may have mana. Interesting.

I like the end card.

LeoNov 13, 2019 10:18 AM

Nov 13, 2019 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool episode, they're about to understand that she isn't the real Maine, I wonder how it will turn.
Nov 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2019
every wednesday i made a point to stop everything i doing just to watch this anime. I just can't explain, i watched so many isekais this last 2 years and this one is so good to watch, maybe because it's one of the fews without stupid action and power struggling... And i really love the characters on it, Lutz is such a fine kid helping main even when he have no idea what she is doing... LOL
Nov 13, 2019 10:52 AM
May 2018
As usual, loved the episode! Sad to see that we have already watched half of the season though, agh!
Nov 13, 2019 10:52 AM

Mar 2019
Lutz is starting doubting about Main's identity
She mastered the art of the dealb Benno wasn't expecting that
Yet she's still ill that sucks
Nov 13, 2019 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
Not the most exciting episode, but an intriguing one. It's not often that we get to see what the inhabitants of a world think of someone who's suddenly appeared in their midst, who isn't a hero that's appeared to save the day.

I suppose it should be obvious, but when Lutz said "where's Myne, what have you done with her" I realised that even if you sat down and explained it, everyone would think that some spirit had taken over Myne's body, given how different she is now to what she was apparently like before (although we don't know what 'before' isekai Myne was like).

Myne could be right, she could possibly get a very angry reaction from her family and friends, who would suddenly connect all her outlandish actions and creations to the fact that she's been possessed by someone else's soul/spirit. I wonder what's going to happen?
Nov 13, 2019 11:21 AM

May 2015
Grinning my ass off at that last scene XD. Love this series and Mein. Looks like we'll finally start seeing some serious progress towards Mein getting a book. By the looks of it she wont make one until the very end of the season.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 13, 2019 12:22 PM

Feb 2017
Of course Lutz would notice she isn't the Myne he used to know since iirc he was pretty much the only friend original Myne had.

Even though Myne was as careful as she could be to not be swindled by Benno at the end he won because she underestimated the value of shampoo.

So indeed it was magic all along, is just that unlike nobles who have the means and knowledge to deal with children born with magic(and are assumed to be born with it), commoners lack both and their children die from what I would call magic poisoning(too much in their system and they die).

BTW Lutz you might not know it but if it wasn't for you Myne would have died a long time ago, so don't ever think you're useless.
Nov 13, 2019 2:19 PM

Feb 2018
Ooooh god, here it comes... next episode I'm gonna cry for sure, if the VAs are inspired enough I gonna cry for days hahaha

Lutz is so precious he deserves all the screen time in the world.
Nov 13, 2019 2:43 PM
Sep 2018
I'm really starting to dislike Myne like she was a young adult in her past world she shouldn't be letting everyone push her around especially since she isn't trying to be like "I gotta convince everyone I'm Myne by acting like 6 year old" she's smarter than her parents like everyone is just constantly pushing her down and maybe that's why I've started to dislike Lutz more and more every epsiode as I feel like he just lashes out at her for no reason at times,which make her always feel like crap and doubt herself but I know he's like 6 so I can't do anything about it
Nov 13, 2019 6:24 PM

Jan 2016
Everytime I see a character go "You aren't actually **** you're another person!!!" I'm like o_o

okay....
Nov 13, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2015
Lutz was just jealous for how useless he was in those negotiations, he did kinda admit it. I would also add shock, since he saw a different side Main, but mostly it's jealousy.

I also don't understand why parents weren't present in the contract signing? Benno could've been a swindler for all we know.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 13, 2019 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
23feanor said:
I suppose it should be obvious, but when Lutz said "where's Myne, what have you done with her" I realised that even if you sat down and explained it, everyone would think that some spirit had taken over Myne's body, given how different she is now to what she was apparently like before (although we don't know what 'before' isekai Myne was like).

Myne could be right, she could possibly get a very angry reaction from her family and friends, who would suddenly connect all her outlandish actions and creations to the fact that she's been possessed by someone else's soul/spirit.

I spent the episode wondering what would happen if she shared her secret with Lutz & being curious what role and degree of influence magic plays in their world, however I did not connect the two until I read your post! Considering this world has magic it is possible malicious spirits or entities exist & similarly likely for her parents to believe in a word of mouth tale validating the idea of Myne being possessed or replaced by a mischievous entity & potentially dying for it (like other commoner children with Mana). Even if they believe that the new Myne means no harm and isn't evil they can clearly see Myne's body is suffering & wouldn't be pleased by it if they place the blame on "her".

I personally felt comfortable telling Lutz the truth when he asked because of all they've been through, they had just signed a binding contract that sets their future bond as business partners too! but I after hearing he will no longer call her Myne started feeling uneasy.

Perhaps the Manga/LN is different but when she spoke about disappearing if the others found out I wish she had made mentioned of doing her best to establish the creation of paper for the sake of Lutz's future if not her own. Would be endearing & the least she could do after he his commitment to her. He would not be left with many career opportunities without her & this project succeeding.
Nov 13, 2019 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
FireOtaku845 said:
I'm really starting to dislike Myne like she was a young adult in her past world she shouldn't be letting everyone push her around especially since she isn't trying to be like "I gotta convince everyone I'm Myne by acting like 6 year old" she's smarter than her parents like everyone is just constantly pushing her down and maybe that's why I've started to dislike Lutz more and more every epsiode as I feel like he just lashes out at her for no reason at times,which make her always feel like crap and doubt herself but I know he's like 6 so I can't do anything about it

I don't recall any situation where Myne was put down that wasn't related towards caring about her health. She continues to disregard or forget her current 6 year old body isn't capable of doing all that her mid teen body could do. Lutz could go about things better but I feel his outburst this episode has a valid reason. He's starting to see how much of a stranger Myne has become to him
Nov 13, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2009
Once again i was exactly correct. The effect she'd been feeling was indeed a curse, and it's related to having mana. I still suspect it may still have external effects as well, adjusting her fortunes to be unfavourable. For example the devouring could be something that upper class created to secure their class from others elevating to it (otherwise it doesn't make sense why mana would care if you are upper or lower class).

This is definitely a very intriguing direction the series is going in with the business dealing and papermaking. I'm amazed at how immersive and real the world feels, not to mention how realistic it is, not only in themes, but even in basic human interactions and the way it treats 'children' as human beings that can think (in the middle ages context), which has been impressing me since the very beginning.

@BTDee @23feanor @Mica-Chan10 i mean, Lutz asking if she was actually Main, i mean i've actually heard "who are you and what have you done with <insert name here>" many a time, usually because of a sudden OOC (out of character) moment, but this is normal and humans do this. The fact that Lutz stops calling her Main (as stated prior to credits), is what makes it more puzzling. His gut instinct is telling him that something is strange and it's bothering him cuz he can't figure it out.

I've seen plenty of stories from japan that involve someone ending up in the body of someone else and having to cope with and adapt to it. It's not usually presented in pessimistic light, it's usually about coming to terms with the new reality, and at least internally trying to appreciate and hold close as best as can, the one who's self was sacrificed for it. Often times i've seen where the person who ended up in the body of someone else tries their best to understand and love the one they took the life from, knowing there was nothing they could do about it. Not quite sure why japanese fiction is so fascinated by body swaps and body possession, but hey.
GenesisAriaNov 13, 2019 8:25 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 13, 2019 9:29 PM
Mar 2015
"Main " can hold her own with the big boys ,but it makes Lutz suspicious of her. Was not expecting the magic system or Devouring to be a manna based disease
Nov 13, 2019 10:06 PM

Feb 2019
Uh oh, I smell trouble in paradise, Lutz, my boy, you're too smart. The series has really grown on me. At first I thought it was way too fucking boring and couldn't go through an episode without touching my phone, but I'm starting to appreciate the storytelling more.
Nov 13, 2019 10:11 PM

Mar 2018
O so it is magic after all. Or that's the suspicion for now
I really love Honzuki's story

Lutz seems to have his suspicions.. The last phrase tho

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 14, 2019 1:26 AM
Jun 2017
ohh no, luts is suspecting that Main is not the same main he knew... ohh lets see what will happen in next episode
Nov 14, 2019 3:54 AM

Oct 2017
If everyone found out Maine's secret that really would be scary like Maine's dream. I wonder if everyone will find out or it will be just Lutz.
Nov 14, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2018
Oh damn so Lutz stops calling her Main from then onwards, he's woke af. He knows she isn't main but still treats her nicely props to him for that
Nov 14, 2019 5:28 AM
Nov 2019
So Main is banned from Benno's unless Lutz is with her....

I've read some of the LN and although they've chopped a lot out, they seem to be keeping the main essence of the story going well.

Next Ep. should be interesting....
Nov 14, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
GenesisAria said:
The effect she'd been feeling was indeed a curse, and it's related to having mana. I still suspect it may still have external effects as well, adjusting her fortunes to be unfavourable. For example the devouring could be something that upper class created to secure their class from others elevating to it (otherwise it doesn't make sense why mana would care if you are upper or lower class).

This is definitely a very intriguing direction the series is going in with the business dealing and papermaking. I'm amazed at how immersive and real the world feels, not to mention how realistic it is, not only in themes, but even in basic human interactions and the way it treats 'children' as human beings that can think (in the middle ages context), which has been impressing me since the very beginning.

I've seen plenty of stories from japan that involve someone ending up in the body of someone else and having to cope with and adapt to it. It's not usually presented in pessimistic light, it's usually about coming to terms with the new reality, and at least internally trying to appreciate and hold close as best as can, the one who's self was sacrificed for it. Often times i've seen where the person who ended up in the body of someone else tries their best to understand and love the one they took the life from, knowing there was nothing they could do about it. Not quite sure why japanese fiction is so fascinated by body swaps and body possession, but hey.

I'm under the impression magic doesn't discriminate by ranking; however, the learning curve for how to utilize & use up mana is likely too high for a young child to master without guidance or general education. Bringing about Natural Selection. Whether a normal sickness or magical one, nobles have the resources or prior knowledge to teach & help their mana-gifted children while kids of commoners likely die. Further keeping nobles as the "main" mana users. Considering Otto was able to climb up the ranks from a "nobody" traveling merchant up to a nobles man & that Myne nor Lutz have been mistreated or thought less of while in the noble's side of town I imagine climbing ranks is difficult but not unheard of. (Could be Benno's & Otto's reputation/family/business casting protecting over them.) This also means commoners who teach themselves how to utilize their magical abilities & outlive the Devouring likely have an upper hand over others with higher chances of becoming noble men as well, further keeping the mana-gifted users in the upper ranks.

I'm also loving the realistic aspect of this series! Like the way children are put to work in order for the family to survive and for the sake of the child's future careers. The cause and affect of their work & organization. Utilizing the warm seasons to gather up wood and resources while leaving Winter to stay at home and prep clothing as well as items (baskets) to sell once Spring comes. Their resourcefulness to use up every bit they can from all they scavenge and gather like the winter fruits for their juice, pulp (chicken feed) and other for the oils. Everything feels "lived in" and the town or at least the characters we have seen keep connecting to one another.

"Your Name" comes to mind. I also wonder why it's more common in their media but am glad it is. I'm fond of the ability to see through different perspectives so witnessing a character's curiosity over their new environment (and body for these cases) is enjoyable. I can either find aspects of the character I can relate with or be fascinated with all the new experiences & knowledge I learn about. In this case learning about business, paper making & the hardships commoners of the past held.
Nov 14, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2012
I understood right away the anime wanted us to feel about Lutz when he was seated next to Mayne practicing how to write while she was doing calculations and writing on top of that. He felt inferior and useless. The Mayne he probably knew was always dependent on him and family then suddenly he saw her now as a independent and smart girl that's only limited by her health.

A quick shout out to the show's improvement in animation quality. The palettes, shadows, color mix, shading, movements have improved quite a lot after the first 3 episodes. If you compare the first episode to episode 7 you'd think they changed studios.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 14, 2019 1:28 PM

May 2018
And so, Lutz finally noticed that Main is not the same old Main. Mana has been introduced too, still don't know how important it is in the series..

Nov 14, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
It now became official that magic stuff exists in this world and most importantly, it can concern non-nobles persons. I guess the "priest" shown in the very first scene of episode 1, might be the one who saves her or helps her to ger rid of mana excess.

But for now this is getting interesting, her paper produced with plants should be realized soon !
Nov 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2009
Mica-Chan10 said:
GenesisAria said:
The effect she'd been feeling was indeed a curse, and it's related to having mana. I still suspect it may still have external effects as well, adjusting her fortunes to be unfavourable. For example the devouring could be something that upper class created to secure their class from others elevating to it (otherwise it doesn't make sense why mana would care if you are upper or lower class).

I'm under the impression magic doesn't discriminate by ranking; however, the learning curve for how to utilize & use up mana is likely too high for a young child to master without guidance or general education. Bringing about Natural Selection. Whether a normal sickness or magical one, nobles have the resources or prior knowledge to teach & help their mana-gifted children while kids of commoners likely die. Further keeping nobles as the "main" mana users. Considering Otto was able to climb up the ranks from a "nobody" traveling merchant up to a nobles man & that Myne nor Lutz have been mistreated or thought less of while in the noble's side of town I imagine climbing ranks is difficult but not unheard of. (Could be Benno's & Otto's reputation/family/business casting protecting over them.) This also means commoners who teach themselves how to utilize their magical abilities & outlive the Devouring likely have an upper hand over others with higher chances of becoming noble men as well, further keeping the mana-gifted users in the upper ranks.
This all sounds rather speculative. From what has been said so far, the terminal "devouring" only happens to lower class. Whether he meant that the fatality of it is only lower class, or that only lower class ever have to deal with it is unclear, but the way it was said implies the latter. This, along with how it affects her and the bizarrely biased behaviour of it (fixation on negativity) suggest to me that it may be some kind of curse.

Mica-Chan10 said:
I'm also loving the realistic aspect of this series! Like the way children are put to work in order for the family to survive and for the sake of the child's future careers. The cause and affect of their work & organization. Utilizing the warm seasons to gather up wood and resources while leaving Winter to stay at home and prep clothing as well as items (baskets) to sell once Spring comes. Their resourcefulness to use up every bit they can from all they scavenge and gather like the winter fruits for their juice, pulp (chicken feed) and other for the oils. Everything feels "lived in" and the town or at least the characters we have seen keep connecting to one another.
I wasn't talking about putting them to work so much as treating them as human beings with brains, which is extremely rare in today's world, where everyone coddles them at treats them like retarded pets.

Mica-Chan10 said:
"Your Name" comes to mind. I also wonder why it's more common in their media but am glad it is. I'm fond of the ability to see through different perspectives so witnessing a character's curiosity over their new environment (and body for these cases) is enjoyable. I can either find aspects of the character I can relate with or be fascinated with all the new experiences & knowledge I learn about. In this case learning about business, paper making & the hardships commoners of the past held.
Kimi no Na wa was more of a play on the classical fairy tale of the equivalent body swap. I was more referring to the more specifically japanese mystical sort of case of being forced into someone's body and thereby replacing them or their existence being buried. Not a harmless swap with some interesting plot or fun, but the case of say awakening in someone and the old person dying. It's much more like a japanese possession folklore tale, likely inspired by sudden character shifts people sometimes go through in their lives. I've seen this happen in anime etc quite a few times, where someone gets say isekai'd into the body of someone else, knowing that the one who used to own the body is probably now gone forever or erased, and having to live with the fact of being involved in the "death" of that other person.

Nov 14, 2019 5:08 PM

Jul 2014
And here we see the rare isekai where other characters have a brain and actually become suspicious of the MC when they show off their past life knowledge.

I hope isekai authors are taking notes from this show...
Nov 14, 2019 9:00 PM

Mar 2019
Good Episode, but not of the Best ones...

But..... we got indeed the Best Ending Art-card....
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 15, 2019 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
Nooo, my comfy show and specially those two T - T , gotta love how everyone is always super concerned about Myne, she got lucky sent to the right group of people on that world.
Nov 15, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2016
lihle808 said:
I also don't understand why parents weren't present in the contract signing? Benno could've been a swindler for all we know.

well her parents can't write and I'm not sure if they can even read, so they would be useless during this negotiation.
also they need to work, in those days they earned relatively little money and they did not have rights to leave or sick days.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 15, 2019 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
lihle808 said:

Because they aren't 7 years old/baptised yet, so as said in a previous episode, they are not technically citizens yet. As such, not a single law in this country protect them. Not a single one. Needing your parents in this case to make the contract valid would be a law to protect the children against adults. But since children below 7 here aren't protected by any law, no such thing is needed. A contract passed with someone else tie the two parties regardless of ages and citizenship though obviously (or else travelling merchant could never make a single secure deal either ), so the contract is still perfectly valid even if one of the party is not citizen yet.
Nov 15, 2019 6:39 PM

Jul 2019
This episode had three things that turned it into a decent anime for me: actual serious progress towards making books, the introduction of magic (hopefully they incorporate some more light non-overbearing magic into the show), and addressing the elephant in the room that Main clearly isn't really Main. All of these things make me look forward to the coming episodes, and the fact that it's a weird number of episodes like 14 makes me think they actually have it planned out to have a good conclusion. I'm aware the novel is still ongoing, but there hopefully is some logical ending point for this series.
Nov 15, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
wow! all this time I thought this show has no fantasy...but it has...a bit! just look at the burning contract...that was a bit kewl!

Nov 16, 2019 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
I just can't wait for the next episode >_<
This is one of my favorite this season.
The vibe/aura of this anime reminds me so much of 'Kemono no Souja Erin'.
Nov 16, 2019 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
GenesisAria said:
Mica-Chan10 said:

This all sounds rather speculative. From what has been said so far, the terminal "devouring" only happens to lower class. Whether he meant that the fatality of it is only lower class, or that only lower class ever have to deal with it is unclear, but the way it was said implies the latter. This, along with how it affects her and the bizarrely biased behaviour of it (fixation on negativity) suggest to me that it may be some kind of curse.

Mica-Chan10 said:

I wasn't talking about putting them to work so much as treating them as human beings with brains, which is extremely rare in today's world, where everyone coddles them at treats them like retarded pets.

Mica-Chan10 said:

Kimi no Na wa was more of a play on the classical fairy tale of the equivalent body swap. I was more referring to the more specifically japanese mystical sort of case of being forced into someone's body and thereby replacing them or their existence being buried. Not a harmless swap with some interesting plot or fun, but the case of say awakening in someone and the old person dying. It's much more like a japanese possession folklore tale, likely inspired by sudden character shifts people sometimes go through in their lives. I've seen this happen in anime etc quite a few times, where someone gets say isekai'd into the body of someone else, knowing that the one who used to own the body is probably now gone forever or erased, and having to live with the fact of being involved in the "death" of that other person.

Whether a curse or natural causes, I consider both as speculations. It sounds resource intensive to curse every commoner's newborn or cast a massive aoe-style curse for the slight chance they're the one in X amount of babies born with Mana. The Devouring isn't being documented so mana wielding commoners might be more common than it appears. Though still, I feel they have the the mana draining tools because nobles also need them, otherwise it'd be oddly precautions of them to have the tools to reverse the curse. It is possible they have a way to sense mana within a person and not need to target all babies but I'd rather question whether this is due to commoners not having access to these tools instead of it being malicious. I imagine the intensity of her anger (compared to other emotions) builds up her mana and leaves it with nowhere to go but against her. Causing her to faint after being upset. In situations she gives up on life her body/mind is more relaxed allowing the mana to flow which may also not be as healthy on her.

Yep and I agree about kids being treated as humans with my mention of work. In a somewhat ironic way considering today's standards, I feel that within the anime and it's world one of the biggest way they're shown to be treated as humans is by giving them responsibilities and "work" such as taking care of siblings & collecting wood vital to cooking and keeping warm in winter. Whether out of necessary or respect, the parents trust their kid's abilities. Only babying them out of love for their hard work rather than just to spoil. Also allowing them to pick their own career is a big sign of their trust for them to think for themselves.

Had yet to read or watch japense media with that darker tone but can see how that's worth contemplating within the context of body swapping. If nothing else I could certainly see their wish to be respectful of what they're given, and this in this case, of who has been lost.
Nov 16, 2019 7:08 PM

Dec 2009
Mica-Chan10 said:
GenesisAria said:

Whether a curse or natural causes, I consider both as speculations. It sounds resource intensive to curse every commoner's newborn or cast a massive aoe-style curse for the slight chance they're the one in X amount of babies born with Mana. The Devouring isn't being documented so mana wielding commoners might be more common than it appears. Though still, I feel they have the the mana draining tools because nobles also need them, otherwise it'd be oddly precautions of them to have the tools to reverse the curse. It is possible they have a way to sense mana within a person and not need to target all babies but I'd rather question whether this is due to commoners not having access to these tools instead of it being malicious. I imagine the intensity of her anger (compared to other emotions) builds up her mana and leaves it with nowhere to go but against her. Causing her to faint after being upset. In situations she gives up on life her body/mind is more relaxed allowing the mana to flow which may also not be as healthy on her.
Ah, see i didn't think of that, why they'd have the tools... They could have the tools for something else, but mana you have to constantly drain seems strange and highly impractical. Surely they'd have better ways of managing it. I think the mentioning of the tools was more of a mana-medical procedure that someone like him has heard would work in hard situations.

Nov 17, 2019 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
GenesisAria said:
Ah, see i didn't think of that, why they'd have the tools... They could have the tools for something else, but mana you have to constantly drain seems strange and highly impractical. Surely they'd have better ways of managing it. I think the mentioning of the tools was more of a mana-medical procedure that someone like him has heard would work in hard situations.

Only other two scenarios for this Tech I can think of would be for military use if the form factor is small enough & to use on mana capable Nobles who have committed crimes. As a way to de-arm them if imprisoned or let loose. Managing to incriminate a noble seems pretty though tho so that may also be a niche use.

So more than likely yep, primarily for medical use. Even if nobles weren't able to develop the full effects of the Devouring it's not difficult to imagine some may still struggle with generating more mana then they use on a daily basis. Perhaps ones who don't exercise their magical abilities as much as they need to. Due to laziness or not having the free time to.
Nov 17, 2019 7:46 AM
Nov 2019
Maybe the significance of the priest giving Mile a drink then using the two headbands shown in Ep.1 will become clear soon...

I think he's a baddie that Mile needs to overcome.
Nov 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Feb 2017
Really good episode, it sad that we end it in such a sad note.
Nov 19, 2019 3:31 AM

Jul 2017
Benno may have found the reason to Myne's suffering, but it's what the people offer her that tries to keep her alive in her ailing sickness, which is books and paper. Certainly didn't expect Otto and Benno to be brothers-in-law though but by the subtle hint.

The papermaking at Benno's workplace, as much as it is an apprenticeship test for both Myne and Lutz, Myne found a way to negotiate with the same shampoo that Otto wanted so much. Haha so much for it. And since Myne is smart enough to bring modern business into the other world, it seems that she knows just as much as the average adult businessman (of that world). And contracts signed in "magic" ink and the feather shawl, plus the fingerprint engravement...IN BLOOD? Thank God for ink for that!

But for all that, Lutz's suspicion that Myne being adult-like was too strong, the same level as her eagerness, despite being another soul in a random frail girl's body. Furthermore, for all that trouble, Benno's suspicion of her having the disease only grows bigger. It's that reason that Lutz is handled the responsibility to take care of Myne from the adults in case the fever strikes again.

Seems we'll have more Lutz and Main moments, but the predicament that Lutz won't call her "Main" anymore irks a sinister feeling...
Nov 19, 2019 2:29 PM

Nov 2018
The way Maine said "I get it, dad." was cute.
That "nope." "nope."
Looks like Lutz has reached the conclusion this Maine isn't the Maine he knew. And her condition could get fatal if precautions aren't taken. Interesting episode. Finally she's gonna make paper next episode.
Nov 19, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2019
Ah, the brewing conflict between Lutz and Myne makes me sad. It's interesting to see, however, that the people around Myne, especially Lutz, are starting to think something's different. It's not just that Myne seems smart, it's like she's a completely different person. I was honestly really sad when she said that it was the day when Lutz stopped calling her Myne completely.

I find this isekai logic kind of illogical though. If Myne was reborn in another world, why was she reborn into the body of a person who already has a soul? What happened to the old Myne? Did their souls merge? Or was Myne's old soul empty? What's the logic behind being reborn in another world but as something that's ALREADY been born?

I did not expect Myne to potentially have magic. It does make things more interesting. It could also be the way out to explaining all her weird behaviour, especially since her bouts of illness had started before Myne "changed".
Nov 20, 2019 4:18 AM
Sep 2017
Phobez said:
What happened to the old Myne? Did their souls merge? Or was Myne's old soul empty? What's the logic behind being reborn in another world but as something that's ALREADY been born?

Read this comment chain where a fan (yurimainkanao) asked about old Myne vs MC Myne and the author (miyakazuki01) responded with the answer.
https://twitter.com/miyakazuki01/status/1195137971684425730
Nov 20, 2019 5:17 AM
Nov 2019
It was inferred in Ep.1 that Myne had burnt-up just as Reno was crushed by books - there's a faint voice saying "it's too hot I can't stand it anymore" that fades away.

So presumably the "Devouring" killed the original Myne's soul and Reno's soul took over the body, but still has access to the few memories she had and is still being affected by "The Devouring".

Today's Ep. should see the showdown with Myne/Reno and Lutz.
Nov 20, 2019 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
Hurwitz said:
Read this comment chain where a fan (yurimainkanao) asked about old Myne vs MC Myne and the author (miyakazuki01) responded with the answer.

Since I don't understand Japanese I put it through Google Translate lol

If I don't misunderstand, does it mean that Myne and Reno are actually the same soul but Reno's memories only came back at the moment the series started?
Nov 20, 2019 8:03 AM
Sep 2017
Phobez said:
Hurwitz said:

If I don't misunderstand, does it mean that Myne and Reno are actually the same soul but Reno's memories only came back at the moment the series started?

Yup, that is what it's saying.
HurwitzNov 20, 2019 8:10 AM
Nov 20, 2019 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
Hurwitz said:
Phobez said:

Yup, that is what it's saying.

Ah, so what we saw in the anime is just Myne experiencing the "reawakening" of her memories. That all makes sense now. That also explains why she has Myne's memories. Thanks for clearing that up! I take it you read the LN?
Nov 24, 2019 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
That's awkward! Kids and adults talking about business lol to think that Maine is only 5 yrs old in that world lol but yeah.. kids are working already so it's not shocking to them. Sad :(
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

95 by jonrome »»
Sep 19, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

99 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

76 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

108 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 11, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

164 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 10, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.