Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2008 9:25 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well not a bad ending for being partly anime original. It left enough room open for another season a few years down the road and none of the anime original content undermined the manga so bad that they would need to fix the story with an OVA should they make a sequel.

I have to say though, this is probably the best shounen series I've ever watched.

Mar 27, 2008 12:26 AM
Dec 2007
i wish this was a longer series...52 episodes seemed so quick
Mar 27, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
i agree with both of you, however who knows if it would have gotten stale if it had gone on to 100 eps. It may have ended up just another one of those shounen series that doesn't end and stops being good half way through. Isn't one of the fundamental rules of entertainment to leave your audience wanting more?
deathangel521Mar 31, 2008 4:21 AM
Mar 27, 2008 2:29 AM
Sep 2007
It was a ok ending, and overall pretty dam good anime, time to go read the manga.
Hi
Mar 27, 2008 4:57 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I liked the ending, would be awesome if there was more. I somehow want to see a Yoshimori x Tokine special. xD

8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2008 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Very good episode. It could have been so lame but they covered enough ground and more importantly didnt resolve the Karasumori plotline with a convenient ending.

Definitely one of the best shonen series ever.

Now where's that second soundtrack?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 27, 2008 9:19 AM
Mar 2008
Great anime, loved all the characters, most developed evenly, and leaves room for another season. Never a dull moment and it was pretty consistent, would have loved it if the animation was as cool as some of the points from the ep, but good ending overall. this series was funny, sad, and cool. be lookin forward for more and would love more tokine.
Mar 27, 2008 3:14 PM

Jan 2007
Loved it. Really enjoyed the conversation between the fox and Byako as well as the conclusion. I gave this show an 8.
Mar 27, 2008 7:00 PM
Dec 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
I have to say though, this is probably the best shounen series I've ever watched.

Exactly my thoughts ! One of the best shonens ever. And Sunrise has made a good job animating it too.

Time to read the manga now ;)
cyruzMar 28, 2008 3:54 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 28, 2008 6:00 PM

Apr 2007
definitely one of the most under-rated shows, can't wait for next season.
Mar 29, 2008 12:58 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, they handled this last episode VERY nicely, there was very very little difference from the manga and they left it completely open for the next season. Absolutely loved it. one thing I'm left wondering about though, who was the birdlike person shige-ji saw as they were leaving? I can't really seem to place him/her. It wasnt the spider chick was it?
Mar 29, 2008 1:28 AM

Jan 2008
Shiken said:
Wow, they handled this last episode VERY nicely, there was very very little difference from the manga and they left it completely open for the next season. Absolutely loved it. one thing I'm left wondering about though, who was the birdlike person shige-ji saw as they were leaving? I can't really seem to place him/her. It wasnt the spider chick was it?

Yup, that was Heisuke Matsudo and Kagami (instead of spider legs she transformed part of her body into wings)

Mar 31, 2008 9:28 PM
Dec 2007
sorry to finally see Kekkaishi end. like everyone else, i was hoping to see those characters a bit longer. i suppose i'll be yet another person to finally check out the manga.
Apr 13, 2008 6:26 PM
Dec 2007
God, I hope there's a sequel. There's too many loose ends.

Must say, I liked the ending too.
Apr 25, 2008 12:09 PM

Nov 2006
That was fun to watch. *crosses fingers for second season*

Only thing I didn't like was when they started messing with how their necks were drawn. I couldn't help but notice they got a little long. o_o
May 20, 2008 2:42 AM
May 2008
Just loved this anime, it was the greatist shounen ive seen and was also very unique and original in my eyes. The art is also very different too, the noses and necks were a bit funny ill have to admit but it wasnt like the draggy on anime u will normally see but a twist of everything. i do bloody hope it gains a second season, i can just picture it from the manga. they just cant drop it where it is now u have to admit. Cross ur fingers for a second season!!!
Jun 1, 2008 4:09 PM

Dec 2007
It was pretty good but why couldn't tokine and yoshimori have kissed or something... I guess I'll try the manga
Aug 28, 2008 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
damn! its ended!! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2008 12:33 PM

Mar 2008
cyruz said:
I somehow want to see a Yoshimori x Tokine special. xD

yeah! i totally agree!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2008 9:10 PM
Jan 2008
i find this anime with too many boring fights in the beginning. and why is romance part of the genre.there weren't much of romance between the two. yet overall is a decent anime.
Sep 11, 2008 4:55 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome, totally awesome anime. Best shounen i've ever watched. Going to read the manga.
Sep 22, 2008 11:46 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Finally powerhoused through the last 5 episodes. The subs were so sporadic there for a while, I got side-tracked from it.

I really enjoyed this series immensely, and I'm not a big shounen watcher, so I figure that must be saying something :D This is one of those animes where I was left wanting more, so I succumbed to the urge, and caught up to the manga (200 and some chapters later....), so another point in its favor :D

Overall, I gave it an 8/10 :)
Oct 26, 2008 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
My gosh,.,I will really really miss my darling yoshi,.,.,.,.hope there will be a season 2
Nov 28, 2008 6:33 AM

Jun 2007
Is there any particular chapter i should start at after i've read the anime? Or should i just start from the beginning because it's so different?
Feb 9, 2009 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
That a pretty awesome series. I really enjoyed watching every moment of it. Actual character deaths, political intrigue, romance that wasn't overwhelming, and tons of comedy to balance out the drama. And let me just spread the love for Yoshimori's dad. Easily one of the best dads, ever. He may be powerless, but he doesn't whine about it. He has faith in his kids (and his wife) and is probably the only person in the family who makes an income. And he took his wife's last name. He's just one awesome underrated character.

BEGINNER
Feb 12, 2009 8:22 PM

Oct 2008
Ep Was really good 8.5/10, but I feel it needs more, I can see an OVA or something to finish it up
Feb 12, 2009 10:51 PM

Feb 2008
A very cool anime. Lol at my days to watch this anime: "666" Hahaha! XD

Didn't expect that, but I am expecting for more. Even the Yoshi x Toki.

Even the dogs romance, wahaha! Madarao is so funny as hell, his VA is also very good for that character.

Yoshi and Madarao combi is still my best out of this series.

9/10
Apr 29, 2009 7:48 PM

Jan 2008
I loved this series I had watched it a few months back but I wasn't commenting on these back them. I gave it a 10 because I really liked it alot.
Jul 16, 2009 8:05 PM

Feb 2009
It's not a super great anime but I had fun watching too bad there isn't more.
Oct 24, 2009 4:51 PM

Sep 2008
Nice ending, I especially liked the scene where Byaku was carrying the fox-woman through the golden field.
Dec 30, 2009 11:03 AM

Sep 2009
When I started this anime, I honestly didn't expect much. I thought it was another Bleach/Naurto wanna-be, boy was I wrong. Well I was pulled in from the first episode and that was it. Everything was so well done. You couldn't help but to like the characters, even towards the end some of the bad guys weren't that bad after all. I haven't seen character development like this in a long time. The music was perfect, the animation I had no complaints. Like everyone else I was left wanting more, I want to see what happens next with everyone. So we must have a 2nd season, I think they can continue the quality of work that made this an exceptional anime.
Jan 23, 2010 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
Probably the only shonen series that had me routing for the antagonists in the story line. For some reason that I just cannot fanthom, i just despise Yoshimori and family.

A decent 8/10 for me.
Jan 27, 2010 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
Geh. I keep raising up my score since the first ep.
The firstly ep seem not too interesting about fighting ayakashi and stuff.
But gosh, towards the middle and onwards I beginning enjoy it a lot. Want more. XD.

Whoosh to the manga.

Feb 23, 2010 2:42 PM

Dec 2008
The only reason I even know about this show right now was because of the news of it being shown on Hulu. And because of that little news feed I am truly grateful. This was an amazing show that had me wanting to watch the next episode.

I loved Yoshimori and Tokine and I loved at the beginning seeing them as little kids was, imo, a really cool way to start off the show.

This episode was good. I mean if the manga was done it could have been better but I am grateful to Sunrise for not making a bull S*** ending while trying to wrap up every plot line from the manga. Way they leave it open for maybe a continuation to the anime when the manga finishes because there is still a lot we really dont know about. Like Yoshimori's mother, all the stuff about the first Kekkaishi and how Yoshimori is going to seal the land so no one has to get hurt over it again.

Oh and I really really want a Yoshimori x Tokine ending, whether it happens at the end of the manga or if they bring the anime back and do it in that.

Lastly I want to see how Yoshimori's cake making skills turn out and see if that is the way he wins Tokine over.

Gave this show a 10/10 for being funnest shounen I have watched and it is sad to not see this get the attention it deserves like Naruto/Bleach get. And for the first time I am actually going to go and read the manga to see what happens next instead of waiting for it to end and hope that they bring the anime back like I am hoping for D.Gray-man when the manga gets far enough again.
Aug 1, 2010 9:51 PM

Apr 2009
another underrated anime eh.?
9/10...
Oct 16, 2010 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
I'm going to be honest here. Kekkaishi had a poor start. The first ten or so episodes, before Masamori's appearance, were very weak. We were treated to what felt like a "filler" beginning, and episodes that dealt with baking cake. For a while there, I thought Kekkaishi was about cake. However, I'm glad I was able to get through them, for what awaited me was an excellent shonen.

Needless to say, nowadays we're plagued with the same shonen formula, generic characters, uninspired storylines, so I felt like Kekkaishi was a breath of fresh air. Tokine, for example, made for a very capable and competent heroine, which, unfortunately, is kind of rare in shonen. Sure, she's not as powerful as Yoshimori, but she knew her own strengths and always capitalized on them. Her accuracy complimented Yoshimori's sheer power; they made a good duo. Tokine was a bit too hard on Yoshimori at times, I think, but this changed over time, and I liked how we got to see her vulnerable side at the end.

Furthermore, the fights in Kekkaishi were usually strategic, reminiscent of Naruto Part 1 fights. They were really entertaining and clever. When Gen joined the crew, even more so.

The villains were great as well. Kaguro was a beast, and easily my favorite. They weren't your typical shonen villains, either: aka "I WANT TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD BECAUSE I'M EVIL" syndrome. No, they had their own goals and were overall very human. The flashbacks before their respective deaths were a little cliche, but didn't really bother me too much. I was just grateful to learn more about them.

Beautiful, albeit repetitive soundtrack too.

Anyway, 8/10 for Kekkaishi. I'd like to read the manga one day.
Nov 14, 2010 7:45 AM

Oct 2010
It was a good ending but what i don't understand is why the anime is tagged with "Romance" when like 99% of the time, there was no romance....like elements.....
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Dec 13, 2010 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
10/10. WTF SO UNDERRATED.
Jan 31, 2011 1:12 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Rewatched it once 10/10 awesome anime..i thihnk they make second season when there are enough eps.. atm there would be only space for 3 ovas..

But yeah.. i read now manga too someitmes of it cuz its awesome anime!!

Reading manga for me is rly rare cuz i hate manga xD
Apr 30, 2011 9:29 AM

Jan 2011
"Is that a bird?" dunno, I was about to laugh but at same time I was amazed by a demon flying on pampas field. Byaku also do touching part. And Shion, wow, never thougth she is stronger than what she looked like.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 29, 2011 7:52 AM

Aug 2010
I want a sequel. The manga just recently finished, so the writers wouldn't have to do fillers like Bleach or Naruto. A nice ending; I like how the writers made it a "Everything is back to normal" thing.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 31, 2011 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
Good anime but very anti-climactic. Eh, it was alright I guess.
Jun 2, 2011 5:16 AM

Mar 2008
malvarez1 said:
I want a sequel. The manga just recently finished, so the writers wouldn't have to do fillers like Bleach or Naruto. A nice ending; I like how the writers made it a "Everything is back to normal" thing.

Same here, I'd love to see the rest of the manga get animated and english dubbed.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 24, 2011 12:20 AM
Sep 2010
I really wish the rating system allowed for partial points so I could give it a 9.5. It's not quite a 10, but it's a little better than most of the shows I gave a 9 to.
Nov 4, 2011 2:39 AM

Jul 2010
ahhh its over i really loved this show its so underrated. It had just the right amount of action, comedy and a little romance. The animation was incredible as well, a lot of sad moments and good background stories. But i think the reason i loved this show is because of how much i could relate to the main character Yoshimori definitely the most realistic main character i have seen in shounen. Every time he slept in class i got flashbacks of school lol. A lot of the other characters where realistic as well not all black and white or good and evil. I felt as though they were all flawed like real humans are. Anyways i gave this a 10 because its a personal favorite, definitely underrated.
Jan 10, 2012 12:19 PM
Jan 2012
Probrobly the worst ending ever next to soul eater. Once gen died the series dropped in quality. No more stradegy, no more intresting kekkai usage, yoshi becomes a total asshole and doesnt get anything more than a slap for it. I didnt realize this until I saw that pathetic excuse for a battle that is yoshi vs kaguro. All yoshi does is run and use kekkai to slow him down until he decides to use zekkai which just meant standing there and taking it. He only wins via deus ex machina but they still act like yoshi is so amazing.

But at least the anime ends here. It gets even worse in the manga.
Mar 2, 2012 11:01 AM
Feb 2011
This was fucking good! For anyone who wants to start reading the manga to continue with this awesomeness - start at Vol 13. Chapter 121 (122 is the first chapter after Episode 52). I loved this!
Mar 25, 2012 4:10 AM

Oct 2011
genius great amazing ending - the whole scene at the end of kokuburou when then hime changed the dying dimension back to golden fields was truly breathtaking and very sad - nice to see an anime where even the villains are given so much humanity and back-story - sad how sometimes you don't figure out what you want until it's too late.....the story of life...loved kekkaishi!!!!
Mar 25, 2012 4:12 AM

Oct 2011
Dflood said:
Probrobly the worst ending ever next to soul eater. Once gen died the series dropped in quality. No more stradegy, no more intresting kekkai usage, yoshi becomes a total asshole and doesnt get anything more than a slap for it. I didnt realize this until I saw that pathetic excuse for a battle that is yoshi vs kaguro. All yoshi does is run and use kekkai to slow him down until he decides to use zekkai which just meant standing there and taking it. He only wins via deus ex machina but they still act like yoshi is so amazing.

But at least the anime ends here. It gets even worse in the manga.
amazing how some people see two things so differently - i found this to be one of the most moving endings of any anime i've ever seen...
Mar 25, 2012 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
Kelarie said:
When I started this anime, I honestly didn't expect much. I thought it was another Bleach/Naurto wanna-be, boy was I wrong. Well I was pulled in from the first episode and that was it. Everything was so well done. You couldn't help but to like the characters, even towards the end some of the bad guys weren't that bad after all. I haven't seen character development like this in a long time. The music was perfect, the animation I had no complaints. Like everyone else I was left wanting more, I want to see what happens next with everyone. So we must have a 2nd season, I think they can continue the quality of work that made this an exceptional anime.
totally agree! i thought this was a very unremarkable standard episodic battle superpower type anime, but then i really started to get drawn in very quickly by the great characters, plot, and general emotive quality of this....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Kekkaishi filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 4

2 by bck108 »»
Feb 5, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Episode 1 Discussion

minkie - May 30, 2010

8 by cjsnow1 »»
Oct 13, 2022 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Episode 38 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 2, 2007

10 by Leblunk »»
Mar 2, 2022 8:21 PM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Episode 37 Discussion

Hyoroemon - Apr 9, 2011

17 by Eyth »»
Feb 25, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Kekkaishi Episode 10 Discussion

sugarplumfairy - Aug 27, 2008

11 by Eyth »»
Jan 30, 2022 2:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.