Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2018 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No matter what happens, it's really nice to see Haruka and her friends keeping up with the positivity.

The competitive energy was nice and it's also cool to see some familiar faces again. Everyone just seemed so happy this episode while playing with each other and it's a pleasant sight to see.

Can't wait to see the Thomas siblings compete soon in this tournament.
Aug 31, 2018 7:09 AM

Apr 2016
Well damn, the athletic mommy left.

Also did they like fastforward this episode ?
Aug 31, 2018 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
I definitely like how successfully this show mixed sports and entertainment elements in the second half of the show. Even though the new rivals look like Thomas sisters with repainted hair. And again I see some kind of "ship tease" between Clare and Akari... In any case, now I finally realized that the twins are my best girls in this show. It seems that I'm really twins-addicted.

Stark700 said:
Can't wait to see the Thomas siblings compete soon in this tournament.

It seems that Harukana vs Thomas twins will be the final match of this show. Well, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

RobertBobertAug 31, 2018 8:35 AM
Aug 31, 2018 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
This is probably the most underrated show of summer 2018. The score for it on this site is too low. That was another great episode, and coming up is the big match with the thomas pair which im already hyped for :D
Aug 31, 2018 9:00 AM
Jun 2017
matijaleader said:
This is probably the most underrated show of summer 2018. The score for it on this site is too low. That was another great episode, and coming up is the big match with the thomas pair which im already hyped for :D

Very underrated indeed, this is a lovely summer show with a cute story, with sufficient ecchi in it. Nice episode this time, too.
"A childish appearance is much better than a childish behavior." ~ Sasamiya Saya (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Aug 31, 2018 9:01 AM
Mar 2017
The tournament arrived.
It's a pity that what the girls had mentioned in the previous episode did not happen, now only one couple will go to the nationals. Akari surprised me, when she met the girls on the beach volleyball team, she changed positively. In the end Akari managed to strengthen the bonds of her teammates.
Ai and Mai come back, but not as competitors, Mai and Haruka still do not get along.
The first round is passed without any problem, but in the second round, Haruka and Kanata are faced with former rivals of the Thomas Twins, the Aragaki Sisters.
I feel that they seriously underestimated Haruka and Kanata, so their victory was more than satisfactory.
As always the matches have that necessary fanservice that is always nice to see, Damn Emily, Claire and Haruka are still my favorites, and Ayasa too (we only saw her one moment unfortunately)
And we also had the butt slap that is characteristic in this anime, this time it was Kanata the victim, Claire does not contain herself.
The coming episode will be spectacular, Eclair VS. Harukana
Aug 31, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
Well they introduce a new pair who lose in the end despite their tactics used which seems a bit odd.
Anyway next time the girls will be playing again each other which was probably be interesting.
Aug 31, 2018 11:17 AM

Sep 2013
Great episode considering how fast they went through the match I hope we will get a full episode match between the two pairs.

One thing I loved this ep was the Ost that sweet Jazzy sax tune at the beginning of the match was awesome :O
Aug 31, 2018 11:21 AM

Sep 2015
Haruka is monster at blocking !!!

This show is really not getting the praise it deserves.
Aug 31, 2018 11:24 AM

Sep 2013
RobertBobert said:
It seems that Harukana vs Thomas twins will be the final match of this show. Well, it sounds like a pretty good idea.

I don't know since there is 3 episodes left I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get to see the winners vs Narumi's pair. This anime doesn't seem like it will pull a Haikyuu and make a match last more than 1 episode.
Aug 31, 2018 11:45 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
THANK FUCK for this seeming trend of all female sports

guh..

you can never have enough...
Aug 31, 2018 12:00 PM

Apr 2012
Aggron said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't know since there is 3 episodes left I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get to see the winners vs Narumi's pair. This anime doesn't seem like it will pull a Haikyuu and make a match last more than 1 episode.

If I understand correctly, then Ayasa and Narumi don't participate in these competitions. And Akari says that "only one Okinawa's team can go through the qualifiers", but mentions only our MC and the twins.

RobertBobertAug 31, 2018 12:08 PM
Aug 31, 2018 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome! I can't wait to see this next match!
Aug 31, 2018 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
RobertBobert said:
Aggron said:

If I understand correctly, then Ayasa and Narumi don't participate in these competitions. And Akari says that "only one Okinawa's team can go through the qualifiers", but mentions only our MC and the twins.

Yes, but Ayasa and Narumi will be at Nationals so which ever pair wins will play them.
Aug 31, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2013
God. Why doesn't give much more such anime's? Really, I do hope that Harukana an 2nd season gets.
Aug 31, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Haruka and Kanata's match in this episode went pretty quickly, but at least we're now at the match that's been built up for a while now. I'm sure Haruka/Kanata vs. the Thomas twins should be fun to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Aug 31, 2018 2:59 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I

NEED

MORE

OF

THIS

IN

MY

LIFE
Aug 31, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
@Aggron I just think that they hardly have time to adapt this arc. Therefore, Thomas's sisters look more optimal "the last boss".
Aug 31, 2018 6:24 PM

Jul 2017
It was average. I didn't really care too much for this but it's nice to see how much Haruka has grown with her skills at beach volleyball.

I'm kinda excited for the Thomas twins vs Haruka & Kanata match. That should be nice.
Aug 31, 2018 7:24 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, the camera angles are getting better and better.
Aug 31, 2018 9:49 PM

Jul 2016
I found the situation with Akari at the beginning kind of pointless since I don't really think that their friendship will be ruined if one of them loses in a match against each others. Not to mention that Akari was only introduced two eps. ago and for that reason, I can't really feel attached to her yet. Although it has been 3 or 4 months since she joined the club so I can understand her feelings but the use of a timeskip made it difficult for me to care.

That aside, I liked the episode but I found the strategy of Harukana's rivals kind of odd... I mean, if it would have worked out, it would have been too late for them to recover (probably) but Idk.

Obviously, it wasn't the best match of the series so I'm really looking forward to the next episode. I expect great things from the match between Harukana and the Thomas twins

P.S. 1: "Harukana Receive" = HARU-ka/KANA-ta... ohhh I see now... I'm so dumb.

P.S. 2: Dat butt slap tho. God bless Claire and her weird antics before a match.
Aug 31, 2018 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
Tfw when the studio tries to create tension around the Éclair - Harukana match but they spoiled the outcome in the very first freaking episode.
Sep 1, 2018 12:57 AM

May 2015
Eww...not enough teams, so only one can go...Please don't let HaruKana just win...

LOL! Haruka with the hardest of reads!

And the music kicks off again!

Oooh...they added some spin to the ball...didn't work though, but that was a cool showing of the hand and how it's done.

God damn it! This music is hype!

I really liked how they showed HaruKana adapting to the play. It's like they showed everything they learned in the past episodes on this one like Kanata's Pokes, Haruka's blocking, a cut shot, and they even pulled a dump shot at the end of the match.

Well next episode is Eclair vs. HaruKana...I'm guessing this to last the final 3 episodes. Well whatever happens, give us a good match!
TarotistSep 1, 2018 1:02 AM
Sep 1, 2018 2:51 AM

Mar 2018
Haruka now evolved to monster level. She's so great.

That butt slap XD
Glasses girls is the best girls.
Sep 1, 2018 3:19 AM

Mar 2015
whoa the rush master, man
Sep 1, 2018 5:57 AM

Dec 2016
The hardwork Haruka put through her training with the twin sisters is finaly showing! She improved a lot! :O

Next week we will have a match between Éclair sisters vs HaruKana... this is going to be a strong battle. Can't wait!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 1, 2018 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, it's incredible how much they evolved since they started! Those girls weren't even close to defeating them.
It's great to see good teamplay winning.

Btw i think that a lot of time has passed since their junior championship because they said that it was last year so apparently a year already passed.

Next episode will be epic! I think that Eclair sisters will win but it will be a good game.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 1, 2018 7:15 AM

Sep 2010
I get that this isn't a hyper-competitive anime, but the Aragaki sisters just don't take their loss very hard at all. O.o

Aversa said:
Well they introduce a new pair who lose in the end despite their tactics used which seems a bit odd.
I guess it's like when Narumi caught Haruka's cut shot the first time.
Sep 1, 2018 12:15 PM

May 2018
Oh Ai and Mai, those loser again, Man Harka is rocking the blocks....so it looks like it ain gonna be a Narumi , Tcahibana tandem vs Haraukana, but an Eclair vs. Harukana for the qualifiers , DAMN SHIT I WANNA SEE NARUMI GET OWNED!!!!!!!!!!

Man those Aragaki sister's but crack were showing up from behind their bikini bottoms, "Topspin", man them Japs always come up with allotta pathetic terminologies that defines the laws of physics.
Sep 1, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
the outcome of the tournament was so obvious but damn, i really want to see that final match next week
Sep 1, 2018 3:19 PM

Apr 2015
Next week's match is going to be LIT! Thomas twins vs Harukana, can't wait!
Sep 1, 2018 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
No Marissa or Tortoise-chan? :-(
Feels bad man.

Joke's aside, good episode.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Sep 1, 2018 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Haruka is really improving but next match would be the real deal. Hope that it would be and intense close match!
4/5.

Sep 1, 2018 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Haruka is really improving but next match would be the real deal. Hope that it would be and intense close match!
4/5.

Sep 2, 2018 10:03 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lots of action alright.
The way Haruka dominated the match and didn’t let Kanna get her game on was impressive. And even then Kanata was there to save the ball from reaching the ground after Kanna got the ball past Haruka.
Seems the ending is close. I hope we get a second season, it’s become my favorite show tbh and one i am fond of.
The OP is very soothing.
I thought Akari would be a wasted character that was just there to fill the 5th member spot in the club but she actually had a touching scene when she told everyone how she felt and pretty much made the club more united.
Lmao Kanata’s butt getting slapped xD

Sep 3, 2018 5:28 AM

Oct 2007
Overall, just enjoyed this episode. Highly competitive people, but have mostly positive vibes circulating around. ^^

Haruka has improve so much. Can't wait for next week.
Sep 3, 2018 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
So the "big" showdown already ? Bring it on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2018 9:15 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode! I am glad to see Haruka and Kanata development playing badmiton as duo and as friends!

Nice to see Akari's development too!

Waiting for next episode, really dont know which duo will win, but for sure will be and epic encounter!
Sep 4, 2018 6:38 PM
Apr 2018
Like someone else said, I think the first part was kinda boring, although I get that Akari might have felt "guilty"; the second part was goooood: I'm ready for the next match!

Do we need more proof that Claire is the best girl?
Sep 4, 2018 6:43 PM
Apr 2018
@BatWeeb FUUUUCK, I just rewatched that scene and you're right. Well, I guess we all knew that would happen
Sep 5, 2018 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
I

NEED

MORE

OF

THIS

IN

MY

LIFE

my face when i hear Nagisa screaming like you =D

anyway, about the episode, i was expecting a little more from those 2 new girls, since they said they would beat the twins lol

poor Akari sure was worried, but thankfully, her worries were not justified =D
winddevil1Sep 5, 2018 7:37 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 5, 2018 6:38 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
winddevil1 said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
I

NEED

MORE

OF

THIS

IN

MY

LIFE

wait what?

btw

i just lol'd @ your signature

Sep 5, 2018 7:35 AM

Nov 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
winddevil1 said:

wait what?

btw

i just lol'd @ your signature

hahaha i've been doing it for 3 seasons, but sure, you did summer signature before me, sorry =p

Nagisa likes to scream, and you too, so why not give you her voice? i'm sure you 2 match well :v
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Oct 5, 2018 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
The episode was nice to watch but there were many inconsistencies.. like they can't face them the next year for sure because they would graduate out of school.

The crying scene was... well, I partly expected they would laugh it off and don't take it so seriously but well. I found it weird that Akari still doesn't care she don't have a partner, and isn't a bit jealous of them. And Narumi still feels like the worst girl of this show with her rather edgy remarks and advices. There is not much to her character anyway, she's just walking trope.

The match was nicely done, bit piece of cake but that's understandable. It's kinda obvious how the next match ends but can't wait to actually see them face each other.

Still a nice lighthearted series to watch as the matches are actually well done.
Aug 29, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm an alright episode, easy win for our MCs. Seems like next episode will already be the match agains the Thomas sisters, surely that won't last for three episodes though?
Nov 28, 2020 7:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Too bad that there is only 1 place for Okinawa :/ but well the matches are still interesting that way, especially for the upcoming one (vs Claire and Emily)
May 5, 2021 1:51 PM

Feb 2020
That was a pretty easy victory. The next match against Emily and Claire will be much harder, though.

SerafosDec 1, 2023 3:10 AM
Sep 19, 8:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The melodramatic moment was ridiculous! Tears? Why?
The 2 firsts matchs of the competition, hilarious and without intensite or emotion!
Well, it was a bad episode!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 1 Discussion

Tarotist - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Sep 28, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

122 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 22, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

49 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 21, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

43 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 20, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Harukana Receive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

60 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 19, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.