Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 3:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best episode of the arc so far. 16 episodes and finally Enshou is down. The fight itself was really cool. Enshou's weapon, being single and dual-wielded, being able to extend the beam at your will, plus being able to shoot projectiles, makes it super cool. Obi Hajime's got nothing on this guy. The dude even shoots laser from his shoes, lol.

Animation was better than usual, with some nice cuts. The artwork was really good, especially near the end when they used a brighter filter where color was coming off of the Kiheitai characters. Really added more to the scene. The overall episode was very well directed. And those lines from Takasugi at the end, they weren't in the manga, and it makes up for the skipped stuff from the last episode. Last bit got me a bit emotional ;_;

Not gonna lie, Umehara Yuuichirou not doing Enshou really ruined the experience for me. He was perfect as Enshou and the new VA's simply not good enough. Hopefully he gets well soon.
GoldenDevilGamerAug 8, 2018 4:01 PM
Aug 9, 2018 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
Enshou abandoned his own brother to get his woman, what a dirty bastard!
Mutsu and Elizabeth were both hurt by that bastard but at least Takechi is still alive.
Takasugi's condition is probably the worst.
Aug 9, 2018 9:17 AM

Jul 2015
Best episode in the arc so far, definitely, and one of the best episodes the series has served as well.

Everything was nailed perfectly, and the 3 Jouis fight was incredible. Takasugi is such a boss man.. I mean he is so BADASS *__*
Aug 9, 2018 9:36 AM

Dec 2015
I love both Enshou's VA but yeah, Umehara doing Enshou was better. He is fine and will return to work soon, but the sad that Enshou is dead now.

set by taiyaki

Aug 12, 2018 4:47 PM

Dec 2015
This episode was so full of bullshit, I'm tired of Sorachi pulling things out of his ass. Like, what the fuck dude, next you'll tell me that Enshou has a bomb rigged inside of his body that will kill everyone, or whatever other bullshit he can think of...Sigh, I'm just so tired...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 15, 2018 2:11 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Amazed that Enshou survived after that first stab, but that's anime for you. xD Epic fight, nonetheless.
Sep 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Nov 2013
Please not Mutsu !!!
Sep 12, 2018 10:35 AM

Dec 2014
Damn killed his own brother for the girl…now that was low. The intensity of the episode was so overwhelming.. I can’t just…. It really is the last season I hope not
Oct 20, 2018 5:41 PM

May 2012
Another quite intensive episode, quite the great action! Let's see what's next.
Nov 24, 2018 2:35 AM
Nov 2018
Especial episode,best of arc so far
Nov 25, 2018 8:45 PM
Aug 2017
Dam, A lotta shi happened, lot of actions. Poor shinsuke, there were so many red flags of him dying but I bet hes not gonna die yet? For a character as big as him he needs a bigger stage for that.
Dec 20, 2018 11:25 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
That prince is total scum. He let his brother died to steal his woman and even after doing so, can't even face her or his fears...

This ep is without a doubt the most intense and simply the best in the arc so far!
Starting from the clear difference in animation quality, and much more actual fights rather than just run and slash.
But of course what made all the fights in this ep so epic is how Katsura, Sakamoto and Takasugi amongst the others, gave their all to kill the prince with his OP as hell lightsabers!

Damn... Such a satisfying episode with a nice cliffhanger...
Apr 8, 2019 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
Remember when Takasugi was the bad guy? Pepperidge farm remembers
Jul 12, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2015
SO in the end ensho just wanted sum puss.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 28, 2019 2:48 AM
Apr 2018
Fucking amazing fight. Poor Elizabeth and Mutsu. Seeing Katsura and Sakamoto take down that bastard prince was great.
Sep 28, 2019 2:49 AM
Apr 2018
Mirai said:
Remember when Takasugi was the bad guy? Pepperidge farm remembers

Remember when Gintama was a comedy? Pepperidge farm remembers.
Nov 25, 2019 2:15 PM
Apr 2016
The red haired guy has such a garbage character design, he looks so casual and generic, seen in dozens of shows that can't make character designs. I also don't care about his backstory, since he's a shit character that I really hate. Why did it take the three of them to take him down? Literally, why was he so strong? Takasugi alone should've easily handled him. I hate this season, I'm overwhelmed with disappointment because of both the author and the studio.
Nov 29, 2019 10:25 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Enshou the scumbag!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 25, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2016
Enshou is by far worse than Utsuro...
chance of Takasugi's survival is %1...
Mar 20, 2020 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
Lolicon was still alive!
Knowing Takasugi he'll probably be fine. - The fight was awesome though!

Man ... Enshou was the worst, first taking his brother's life only to take his wife ... - Not even being able to stay with her because of the guilt.
Just like Utsuro, he wants to die and take everyone with him.

Honestly, it looks like everyone should die from those injuries.
Mutsu I can understand somehow since she's Yato but ... she's got an entire beam throughout her body.
Elizabeth always ends up being fine.
PrOxAntoMar 20, 2020 3:47 PM
Apr 21, 2020 12:02 PM

Aug 2019
Intense episode and amazing fight. Ensho was such a scumbag, worse than Utsuro. Takechi survived, Mutsu and Elizabeth were hurt pretty bad and Takasugi seems to be in a very bad condition.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Sep 8, 2020 8:33 PM

Aug 2018
Looks like Takechi didn't die, thats good! I hope Ensho died from getting his arm sliced off, hes such a piece of shit he really deserves to die, he literally wants to destroy Earth for no reason. I also hope that Takasugi is alright, he was coughing up a lot of blood, last time he was seriously injured he survived, so I hope this time he will survive as well.

Sep 23, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2007
I thought something was off with Ensho's voice in this episode. So this is when Umehara was seriously ill. That's a shame.

Going by his backstory though, Ensho is a scumbag. Good riddance.
Oct 24, 2020 4:28 AM

Jul 2020
I'm just glad that they finally defeated Enshou, that dirty bastard. It just frustrates me that it needs three men to take him down, and that monkey doesn't even help! Just please don't make that Enshou appear on the next episode.

And crossing my fingers that Mutsu and Elizabeth were still alive.
Feb 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Dec 2019
Eyyy Takechi is still alive. Enshou is the biggest douchebag ever.
Jul 1, 2021 2:26 AM

May 2020
Huh, turns out Ensho's a ****! And that fight against Ensho was really cool.
With this many injuries, you think that they would die, right? Well, I stopped believing that ever since Gintoki suffered lots of injuries (with that many injuries, you think he would've suffered severe blood loss) in many serious arcs, but the anime tells me that he's fine otherwise.
PokeProXJul 1, 2021 2:36 AM
Aug 4, 2021 5:55 AM
Sep 2020
Why do we need so many to take down ensho?..katsura deserves better...whats with that overcringe shot hitting the locket?...Whats with matako falling slow motion obviously hinting someone will save her?....and loads of cringe drama overload....Rest was awesome
Oct 14, 2021 11:24 PM

Dec 2018
Wow Enshou is such a crap. But Shinsuke won over my heart dang it, I never expected to see him be like this
Dec 2, 2021 5:54 PM

Jun 2020
I just wanna say FUCK that walking star wars parody. Let his brother die just so he could steal his girl, then he hurt elizabeth and Mutsu AFTER acknowledging that maybe humankind wasn't the one who should be stopped, but the one who was releasing all the Altana

I literally cheered for Takasugi, now the only enemy left is Utsuro on Earth
Dec 22, 2021 6:32 PM
Oct 2020
How far Takasugi has evolved. In the beginning I fucking hated him, now im crying for him, hoping he doesn't die. Meanwhile, Utsuro is just cackling in the corner rn while everyone is killing eachother.
Mar 8, 2022 8:07 PM

Nov 2010
Enshou was an ahole from the start. I really don't understand guys who are fixated on a single girl. Damn, he's no pushover. He's so powerful with that laser blade of his.

I didn't expect the feminist and Shoukaku to survive. Shinsuke finally got his redemption arc.
Apr 1, 2022 12:11 AM

Sep 2018
It's just not doing it for me like the old Gintama did. It feels like I'm watching some cliché battle shounen with a multitude of generic tropes thrown in, in these last couple of seasons.

Gintama was greatest when it was 80/90% comedy and 20/10% seriousness.
Apr 7, 2022 12:22 PM

Feb 2012
Good thing Enshou died (hopefully) couldn't stand him anymore.
Not as good as last episode but still good, feminist lived tho.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 5, 2022 1:11 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Enshou really acts like he's the center of the world, but finally Takasugi beat him, well deserved.
Also the lolicon feminist guy isn't dead afterall
Jul 24, 2022 12:02 PM

Jul 2021
Please tell me Elizabeth, Mutsu and Shinsuke are safe .... I still havent gotten over Bansai ;(

Jul 31, 2022 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
The best episode of the arc so far!
Takasugi, you have my respect!
Ensho was the dirty bastard from the start, I hope mutsu & Elizabeth are okay.
Enshou vs Takasugi, Zura & Sakamoto was great.
Sep 29, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
Guess Gintama enjoys bringing people back from the dead again. Wonder if the shamisen dude will also make a triumphant return.
Oct 1, 2022 1:34 PM

Nov 2018
Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy the last serious arcs at all? I make myself watch them regardless because it is close to an end, and I can't abandon this show after all these years.

I get that they want to finish the story and all, but the lack of comedy (and the perfect balance with drama and interesting short stories) just makes it an average boring Shonen show, and it is really sad because I adore Gintama, and it is one of my most favorite Anime series of all times.
Oct 2, 2022 4:50 AM

Apr 2013
serg90 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't enjoy the last serious arcs at all? I make myself watch them regardless because it is close to an end, and I can't abandon this show after all these years.

I get that they want to finish the story and all, but the lack of comedy (and the perfect balance with drama and interesting short stories) just makes it an average boring Shonen show, and it is really sad because I adore Gintama, and it is one of my most favorite Anime series of all times.

Gintama's serious arcs were always just average shounen stuff. Which is kind of the hypocrisy of the whole show imo. They make fun of shounen tropes in their funny episodes, only to make heavy use of them themselves in the serious arcs.
Nov 21, 2022 4:51 AM

Jan 2020
Well it's high time for Enshou to go as his appearance is getting more and more annoying....
Nov 21, 2022 4:53 AM

Jan 2020
With all the "destroy all" vibes, it's surprising how Takasugi has been thinking deep down he's a hero........well an anti-hero might be more suitable for him....
Oct 19, 2023 2:46 PM

Mar 2019
Nooo Takasugi!! This is the 4th episode in a row that's just amazing. Enshou did take a long time to really fall down, but I'm used to it by now, character getting up even after they got cut in half.

Speaking of Enshou, his backstory is nowhere near as sad as we thought. He really might be the one "big" villain who really has no reason for what he's doing.

Mutsu's sacrifice was so good, the expression and sigh she made towards Sakamoto was too sad. Elizabeth did fall as well, but that one didn't feel as well-made. This might mean that Sadaharu is going to get into some problems as well.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

101 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Aug 1, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 2, 2018

80 by MiamoreCash »»
Jul 4, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

77 by tomoe22 »»
May 24, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

95 by tomoe22 »»
May 23, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 12, 2018

62 by tomoe22 »»
May 21, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.