Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2017 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, some of the guys in this series really have no tendency to bully and harass others. One of the guys deserved the kick in the balls.

I'm still not impressed by the storytelling of this show yet. It feels messy. The OP song is so-so as well imo. This show's fan service also feels awkward and oddly paced.

Hibiki is really an unremarkable MC so far...
Oct 17, 2017 10:47 AM
Oct 2017
Hibiki looks completely different in the OP. Comparing it to whatever he is right now, this gotta be a shounon. Whatever Shin sees in him better be damn well told. Right now the other 2 main characters are way more interesting than him.
Oct 17, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
Shiori is a tough girl. She kicked a guy right in the balls. She's not the same girl Hibiki thought she was. They almost had sex, but they threw up. She really needs that phone.
Oct 17, 2017 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
It's interesting to see the rated show pour into sexuality (that erection though), usually Japanese rated anime will pour into violence.
And of course I know they're not gonna have sex for real. Hibiki could masturbate with condom on and provide that used condom as a prove.
It look like Jun has a secret affair with head instructor (back when he's still not head?) to get her a cellphone, but the OP tell that Hyo will take advantage of that and netorare her?
phantomfandomOct 17, 2017 11:40 AM
Oct 17, 2017 11:35 AM
Jun 2017
Female MC kicks ass. I wonder what her agenda is. Is she really going to fall for the MC?
Oct 17, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2017
This show is a very odd mixture of good and bad.

The plot direction and overall idea is pretty damn good, and I know it will get better as the MC gets much tougher and turns into a badass. I don't mind how it doesn't pull its punches either with violent/sexual themes.

At the same time, the lip sync is off sometimes. The ending of this episode kinda also had me like ????....

Overall, it wasn't bad. But it wasn't great. I have high hopes this will get better as it goes on.
Oct 17, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
Shiori actually threw up in Hibiki's mouth.

Oct 17, 2017 12:43 PM

Feb 2016
Lmao I haven't seen an anime drop in quality THAT drastically in just 2 episodes, my God it was already bad but it just got worse, I don't know if anyone else here thinks that the animation quality got worse, lets not forget how cringe-worthy that last scene was.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 17, 2017 12:55 PM

Nov 2016
This episode rather felt like a bad comedy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
Little weaker than the first episode but the idea is still great, and really interested where this show will going, awesome plot.
Oct 17, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
Definitely feels like they fleshed out the characters a bit more in this episode. That cell phone addict was freaky as hell. Shiori seems like an interesting character, hopefully, she will be developed throughout the show with more good storytelling.
MC is still gross and well suited for the setting. It seemed like he was about to have a change of heart, but then Shiori threw herself at him.
That final scene was kind of awkward and felt tonally mismatched with the rest of the episode. It was funny when they both vomited, but it made Shiori seem less like a murderous robot and more like a person.
Oct 17, 2017 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
okay pretty graphic..and did the girl really barf in the guy's mouth
Oct 17, 2017 2:40 PM
Jan 2014
I know this is based on a Chinese manga, but is the anime originally in Chinese and we're getting a Japanese dub? I'm wondering because the ED is clearly in Chinese.
Oct 17, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
Not really sure where this series is going. It tries to be serious then it throws in angel/devil consciousness comedy. It's all over the place. Pick a theme/genre. Don't get me started on Shin getting those girls to prostitute themselves so easily. Pandering to the lowest denominator is NOT writing.
Oct 17, 2017 4:08 PM
Jul 2012
Lol I don't think I could react normally to someone throwing up in my mouth.
Oct 17, 2017 6:22 PM
Apr 2016
Did anyone else realize that the angel figure was above his head and that the devil figure was in front of his lower head...
Oct 17, 2017 6:30 PM

Jul 2015
a lot of this episode was horrible, but it showed at other points attempts at trying to be something. ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
Oct 17, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2009
arcsec1 said:
Hibiki looks completely different in the OP. Comparing it to whatever he is right now, this gotta be a shounon. Whatever Shin sees in him better be damn well told. Right now the other 2 main characters are way more interesting than him.

I noticed this too. now i'm eternally waiting for him to start looking as cool as he does in the OP
Oct 17, 2017 7:13 PM
Jan 2017
HereticHunter said:
Lmao I haven't seen an anime drop in quality THAT drastically in just 2 episodes, my God it was already bad but it just got worse, I don't know if anyone else here thinks that the animation quality got worse, lets not forget how cringe-worthy that last scene was.

Bruh, even Neo Yokio had better animation than this episode. I thought it looked "okay," episode 1, but lord was that drop in quality obvious! This series is quickly going to real next level shit.
Oct 17, 2017 7:24 PM

May 2010
I prefer the current retarded 'reality' MC.
Oct 17, 2017 7:27 PM

Feb 2016
ATG3192 said:
HereticHunter said:

Bruh, even Neo Yokio had better animation than this episode. I thought it looked "okay," episode 1, but lord was that drop in quality obvious! This series is quickly going to real next level shit.

This is the next level of trash and edgy
~Blackwall
Oct 17, 2017 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know what to say this episode! looks like everyone is desperate!
3/5.

Oct 18, 2017 12:27 AM
Dec 2015
This story gives me a combo of prison school vibes and Btoom vibes. Maybe a little something else mixed in. My problem is that it relies on shock factor over quality. which isnt really a bad thing because it is consistent in not throwing you something you would expect. now only the main character didn't suck.
Oct 18, 2017 2:30 AM

Nov 2016
this is great first episode, can't wait for episode 2.
Oct 18, 2017 2:43 AM
Jul 2018
So bad it's good confirmed.
Oct 18, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2016
Even though, this anime has horrible animation quality, at least it's bearable unlike Ousama Game. It's almost like the same anime, but in Evil or Live, the characters are not edgy and so fucking annoying. Idk why I brought up Ousama Game here, but I somehow feel like they're almost the same because of unfortunate these teens are, but in Ousama Game, I want all those edgy fucks to die. Hahaha. Anyhoo, great episode despite the yeah the very low quality animation.

A female student was caught with a cellphone and somehow she's fooling around with an instructor (maybe just an inkling of that violet-haired guy) that's why she has it.

The girl Shiori who Hibiki likes is the Student Council President and she's changed a lot according to him.

That almost 'sex' scene, though. Hahahahaha! She threw up in his mouth and him just being able to touch her oppai descend him into universe. Jesus. Hahaha. That scene had me dying from laughing.

Loved this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 18, 2017 3:55 AM

Mar 2015
She threw up? Really? I hate when series doesn't have the balls to go all the way and comes up with a shitty cop out. That's just so lame. But it wasn't completely horrible. When MC stood in front of Shiori to take the slow flying rock right in the face had me rolling, haha!
Oct 18, 2017 9:26 AM

May 2015
This show's confusing.
Oct 18, 2017 11:30 AM

Jul 2009
What the fuck even is this show. I would have dropped it by now if I wasn't a completionist lmao.
Oct 18, 2017 3:43 PM
Jan 2017
this is what happens when chinese try to make anime
Oct 18, 2017 3:52 PM
Jan 2017
wow so idiot mc how can he be so dumb
Oct 18, 2017 4:38 PM

Oct 2011
ItsXolo said:
I know this is based on a Chinese manga, but is the anime originally in Chinese and we're getting a Japanese dub? I'm wondering because the ED is clearly in Chinese.

Yes the anime was originally Chinese.
Oct 18, 2017 5:03 PM

Mar 2009
She throws up when they get intimate? Sums up my relationships in general...

Honestly, though, I can't blame her. The MC makes me want to throw up, too.
Oct 18, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan 2011
RevyHolixx said:
this is great first episode, can't wait for episode 2.

I don't even....

AnimeFan500 said:
ItsXolo said:

Yes the anime was originally Chinese.

And continuing the trend of Chinese adaptations being terrible.
Oct 18, 2017 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
Meh I sort of like bits of this anime. I'm just so confused on what they're trying to accomplish? What's the goal? To escape? To tell a story of the living conditions in there? I know this is based on real events, but I'm just so confused on what they're trying to achieve lol. Maybe I'm just not watching carefully, but I just don't know what the main goal ( MC's goal?) is lol. I'm just watching this anime to see how it pans out lol.
NevrMoreFriendOct 18, 2017 5:47 PM
Oct 18, 2017 6:40 PM

Feb 2010
Jesus, the animation here got worse...

By the way, the scene where a random guy attempted to throw a rock at Shiori, I laughed when he went "Bleh!" It sounded so bad. XD

I honestly thought Jun or Shiori would at least be decent characters (Especially the latter), but nope, turns out they're just as shitty as the rest of the characters we've seen so far. -_-

I probably would've found the puking part to be somewhat funny if Shiori didn't vomit in Hibiki's mouth. That was just so gross. *Shudders*
Oct 18, 2017 8:14 PM

Jun 2016
The art did take a hit and the MC being close to girls is getting him way too excited. (Learning about the mysteries of the world through a quick touch on the breasts is something else)

There's something here, but there were also misses as well. I'm not sure what the direction is taking us, but hopefully it's to a good place.

dark_reunion said:
this is what happens when chinese try to make anime

A bit uncalled for, no? There are good chinese animes and bad ones, just like the japanese ones and cartoons in the west.

°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Oct 18, 2017 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
I think the main reason why people don't like this anime is the directing: so many shots are just dark, intense close-ups. I don't know how to put it, but none of the scenes feel...normal. They feel rushed, and mechanical, like the writers were thinking, "okay, plot point a's solved, not onto plot point b".

Why didn't anyone report the girl for the knife? Why didn't anyone report the guys for stripping a girl naked in public?

The opening is one of the much better ones this year, easily beating out some popular anime like Made in Abyss and The Ancient Magus's Bride.
The last shot where they fistbump is the coolest thing from this year.
removed-userOct 18, 2017 10:01 PM
Oct 18, 2017 9:48 PM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
ATG3192 said:

What is wrong with the animation? It just looks like the same limited animation that nearly every anime has, to me.
Oct 19, 2017 6:32 AM

Feb 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
HereticHunter said:

What is wrong with the animation? It just looks like the same limited animation that nearly every anime has, to me.

Looked very stiff and lazy, on some scenes it seems very off
~Blackwall
Oct 19, 2017 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
HereticHunter said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

Maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention, but the animation looked just as "stiff" and, "off" as in any other anime: head tilts, blinking, mouths flip-flapping. The same generic animation quality.
Oct 19, 2017 7:17 AM

Jan 2013
It feels like its directors first time ever directing a Chinese cartoon, omg it was so bad at some points

Also wtf is this plot ? Why arent the strict teachers being, you know , STRICT ? Is it a brake , free time outside , the school does not seem so bad as it was presented....

well whatever, i just wish the show did something smart as its presenting it self that way
Oct 19, 2017 7:28 AM

Feb 2016
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
HereticHunter said:

Maybe it's because I wasn't paying attention, but the animation looked just as "stiff" and, "off" as in any other anime: head tilts, blinking, mouths flip-flapping. The same generic animation quality.

yeah ofc, but the first episode wasn't that bad. even tho, there are generic anime with better animation lmao, tho, you can't expect much from a very average chinese animation studio
~Blackwall
Oct 19, 2017 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
This show is on point, it got a lot of misses but it makes you laugh and i think that's what matters. 5/5
Oct 19, 2017 11:31 AM

Aug 2015
I don't know if it's a problem here, but the movement of the characters was slow, from the mouths too. Expressions on the faces of characters are very weak . Idiot protagonist, characters with rotten personalities. Rough. I believe Shiori has a cruel past. Another disgusting Kakegurui '-'.
Oct 20, 2017 1:40 AM

Jun 2007
Aaaah, this is so bad it's good. Such an edgy-trashy-vibe going on with this show and topping it off with bad animation makes it ever so sweeter.
The inconsistency of the animation is great, I love how magic made the girl whose top was ripped off made her bra colour change from white to pink in one scene. Followed by the ripped collar of the shirt being repaired in the next and then not!

And that last scene, oooh boy. I haven't laughed out loud so hard at an anime in such a long while.
Oct 20, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2013
I don't know which one is the Mayoiga of the season, this or Ousama Game.

They're both hilariously bad.
Oct 20, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
I couldn't help not bursting out laughing when she puked. Best moment in the whole episode. Second best was when the rock thrown from ~5 meters distance took so much time to fly it allowed MC to get out of the mob and stand between the rock and the cutie. Also he took it on his face like a complete idiot, where are your hands Mr. MC?

Have to agree with comments about the quality. I like the idea of the camp for Internet addicts, I honestly think it is really good. But it can't be taken seriously with the way it is made.

3/5
Oct 20, 2017 8:08 AM

May 2012
dc22 said:
I don't know which one is the Mayoiga of the season, this or Ousama Game.

They're both hilariously bad.

Mayoiga is noting like Ousama Game or evil or live.

Mayoiga is not even a horror how and it is boring. Nobody get killed or beating/abused like other two shows
Oct 20, 2017 8:31 AM

Oct 2017
I was ready to give this show a 8, then the little angel and devil scene came along, I was like ok 6 is still pretty good they can't make this worse than that, oh silly me, I'm still trying to figure out if the vomiting scene was supposed to be funny or to make us think about doing sex against our will...

I also really liked the psychedelic scene after the MC touched boobs for the first time, I get that feeling every time.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

105 by Naho2863 »»
Jan 29, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 2, 2018

77 by world_god »»
Dec 14, 2023 11:39 AM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2017

18 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

11 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

24 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.