Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 8, 2:39 PM

Nov 2020
I thought Mahiru would atleast do something but she didn't and continues her work bruh she doesn't gaf about JELEE. Mei really took the spotlight this time
Jun 8, 3:01 PM
Jun 2016
Another fantastic showing of this anime's strongest features on full power!
Jun 8, 3:15 PM

Oct 2018
Well, I think this anime has jumped the shark, it's really sad.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 8, 3:55 PM
Mar 2015
jelle gone now back
Jun 8, 3:57 PM

Sep 2020
I love how there are mostly two types of people in this comment section

1) This episode was really dramatic. It ruined the episode

2) This episode was not dramatic enough, too much humour. It ruined the episode.

MAL fan base at its finest…

Man this show just gets better and better. 10/10 episode. Moe’s horrible singing made me shed a tear
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 4:02 PM

Apr 2020
So many emotions hittin' me at once that could not simply be described. What an episode.

The final part of Mei's singing awakened something inside of me, even now I can't really disclose what I just felt during it, I felt teary, but I wasn't remotely upset. The singing was wonky, but it had passion.
The love confession was a bit unexpected, but hey, this was like the second time the anime pulled a Yuri on us lol.

IssyBoyJun 9, 5:44 AM
Nina supporter for life💕
Jun 8, 4:08 PM

Mar 2021
This show is so incredibly moving. Mei's performance at the end had me in tears. So special. 10/10
Jun 8, 4:16 PM
Mar 2013
I don't get all the Mahiru slander since last episode and can't believe it continue to this one.
FYI, the only reason Mahiru had to challenge herself by taking outside work is because she won't improve if she kept getting attached to Kano. It's not Yukine sweet-word that made Mahiru wanted to try the job, it's because Kano ignored the flaw in Mahiru drawing (the crooked arm which she desperately fixing at that moment) while Yukine realized and pointed it out right away.

Mahiru didn't want to keep staring Kano's back but instead walk right next to her.

That aside, I thought Kano has been a Yamanouchi since she follow her father after Yukine's divorce, turns out she has been a Hayakawa until she left the Sundolls.
Jun 8, 4:21 PM
May 2024
speechless...I don't know whether I should be happy or sad when I saw this episode. Frankly, I'm happy because Mei managed to at least save Jelee from being disbanded, even though I'm actually a little disappointed because Mahiru barely did anything in this episode.

Actually, if I'm honest, I would prefer if the person who saved Jelee was Mahiru herself. However, Mei was the one who did it. From the first episode, I really like the chemistry between Mahiru and Kano, even now. I'm a little worried that Kano x Mahiru is starting to fade. I know Mei is the MVP in this episode, but rather than Kano x Mei I still prefer Kano x Mahiru.

In the next episode it looks like Kiui will be the main star. and if Mahiru later decides to save Kiui, I think that just makes everything ridiculous and absurd. How come when Kano needs help, Mahiru decides not to do anything, but when Kiui is in trouble, Mahiru actually comes to save her.

I still hope that in the last episode Kano and Mahiru can "reconcile" again. I want to see Mahiru's reaction when she realizes what really happened to Kano and her past because if everything ends like now this anime will just look like a "yuri twist ntr" because mei was the one who managed to make kano want to sing again. and that person is not Mahiru/yoru.

Doga Kobo please stop toying with us, don't let this anime end with Kano and Mahiru's relationship hanging. they both are the reason I watched this anime
Jun 8, 4:30 PM
May 2017
Very good episode!

Mahiru did nothing wrong and does not deserve the hating. She took a challenging professional opportunity able to positively impact her career as an artist. Mahiru had a honest conversation with Kano about the job. She did not leave JELEE. Mahiru did not betrayed JELEE. Kano disbanded JELEE. A friend is someone who supports and roots for his or her friend. A friend is happy with his or her friend's happiness. A friend wants his or her friend to have success. Who Mahiru is for Kano?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 8, 5:22 PM
Jan 2024
Give Miyuri Shimabukuro a freakin award or something for this episode, damn. Her performance as Mei in this episode was simultaneously hilarious, heartbreaking and incredibly sweet, especially at the end.
Jun 8, 5:31 PM
Jun 2023
Another episode of peak. Loved it. Looking forward to seeing how everything gets resolved over the last 2 episodes.
Jun 8, 5:38 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to watsym
The whiplash between the really comedic part and the super heavy part is too much, as was the change in attitudes of the characters. Their entire being seems to depend on such a flimsy impulse. I though this episode was a bit of disaster
@watsym yep, i dislike it when shows do this.
Jun 8, 6:04 PM
Dec 2022
This episode was hella peak. Mei cryin' her heart out was so touching and emotional. Get her VA an award, man. She deserves it!
Jun 8, 6:13 PM
Aug 2023
oshi No ko refferecne !
Jun 8, 6:18 PM
Aug 2023
How to say? I fell into the same situation as Kano, my partner is extremely similar to Yoru...
Now "that Yoru" is successful or famous, draws better, has better income, is happier or whatever. But I feel like I'm stuck at the moment when "that Yoru" abandoned me. I'm still living, still working, but I'm still traumatized by "That Yoru" all the time, and also trust-issued with anyone who intends to enter my life.
I cried for 20 minutes while watching this episode, hoping that the next and final episodes will have a satisfactory resolution, for Kano, and for me too.
Jun 8, 6:26 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Marinate1016
RaionShurui said:
@Marinate1016 I don't understand this part:
Marinate1016 said:
Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine
She didn't go behind her back though? She was clear and honest about how she got the offer, she wanted to check out the offer, and after checking it out she wanted to go for it.

I'm definitely a supporter of "if you make a promise you should keep it" and choosing one thing over another isn't a great idea when that choice was taken weeks ago.

At the same time I fully respect the choice she made considering 1. She didn't give false hope and say she could do both but was upfront with the fact that taking on the job meant she couldn't help make the song by new-year. 2. As was mentioned in the previous episode this was a great opportunity for Mahiru. Watching every episode up to this point she'd never once received proper or even reasonable feedback for her art. It was either "I love it" or "who's this girl thinking she can draw". When she showed the picture to Kano and she said it was awesome but she felt it wasn't that great because the arm wasn't properly drawn yet Kano didn't understand it and said it was great anyways, but she then went to the meeting with her mom where not only did she notice the issue she also complimented her ability to fix it. Clear difference between a professional and an amateour.

I definitely don't want to work with someone who drops me for someone else, but again, I can understand dropping amateour workers for professional ones, "temporarily" to improve yourself and gain some very valuable experience.

So I agree what she did wasn't okay, but it was still reasonable. I don't think she's a snake for it because, no she did not go behind Kano's back. But that doesn't change the fact that she went back on her promise.

She did go behind her back because she’d already agreed to work with Yukine prior to telling or even talking to Kano. The call with Kano was just to let her know and get the guilt off her consciousness. She was locked in to the agreement already.

I’m not debating this again tho, argued with mfs all weekend in the last episode thread so if you want more info as to why she was moving snakey, read that.
Marinate1016 said:
She did go behind her back because she’d already agreed to work with Yukine prior to telling or even talking to Kano. The call with Kano was just to let her know and get the guilt off her consciousness. She was locked in to the agreement already.

Dear lord, no wonder you consider Mahiru's behavior "snakey". You don't even remember what happened right after watching the episode!!!

Mahiru DID NOT AGREE to work with Yukine prior to talking with Kano! There was NO AGREEMENT in place! How did you get this basic fact so wrong right after watching episode 9??? She specifically called her beforehand telling her that she was contacted by Yukine with a commission request from her. Mahiru literally tells Kano "I haven't responded yet." to the commission request.

She also tells Kano "I'm going to go hear about the details on the weekend but it wouldn't be right to go without telling you". Mahiru then agrees to the project after hearing the details and tells the rest of the group of her decision on taking this job. She doesn't actually say out loud her agreement to Yukine, but at the end of her explanation for the project and why she picked Mahiru she tells her "if you work with me, I promise your art will shine even more" and asks her "Won't you think about doing this together?" Mahiru's answer is cut off, with an image of Kano over her mom, with Yukine saying "Good answer. I have high hopes for you." showing that Mahiru just accepted the request right then.

Feel free to triple down on being wrong if you'd like, but I strongly encourage you to rewatch episode 9 first. None of this is to say that what Mahiru did was ok, but your understanding of what happened is so far off that it is impacting your interpretation of the story itself.
Jun 8, 6:29 PM

Feb 2019
Seansy said:
Marinate1016 said:

Dear lord, no wonder you consider Mahiru's behavior "snakey". You don't even remember what happened right after watching the episode!!!

Mahiru DID NOT AGREE to work with Yukine prior to talking with Kano! There was NO AGREEMENT in place! How did you get this basic fact so wrong right after watching episode 9??? She specifically called her beforehand telling her that she was contacted by Yukine with a commission request from her. Mahiru literally tells Kano "I haven't responded yet." to the commission request.

She also tells Kano "I'm going to go hear about the details on the weekend but it wouldn't be right to go without telling you". Mahiru then agrees to the project after hearing the details and tells the rest of the group of her decision on taking this job. She doesn't actually say out loud her agreement to Yukine, but at the end of her explanation for the project and why she picked Mahiru she tells her "if you work with me, I promise your art will shine even more" and asks her "Won't you think about doing this together?" Mahiru's answer is cut off, with an image of Kano over her mom, with Yukine saying "Good answer. I have high hopes for you." showing that Mahiru just accepted the request right then.

Feel free to triple down on being wrong if you'd like, but I strongly encourage you to rewatch episode 9 first. None of this is to say that what Mahiru did was ok, but your understanding of what happened is so far off that it is impacting your interpretation of the story itself.

Ight lil bro, you got it
Jun 8, 6:42 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to rheasilvia
I don't get all the Mahiru slander since last episode and can't believe it continue to this one.
FYI, the only reason Mahiru had to challenge herself by taking outside work is because she won't improve if she kept getting attached to Kano. It's not Yukine sweet-word that made Mahiru wanted to try the job, it's because Kano ignored the flaw in Mahiru drawing (the crooked arm which she desperately fixing at that moment) while Yukine realized and pointed it out right away.

Mahiru didn't want to keep staring Kano's back but instead walk right next to her.

That aside, I thought Kano has been a Yamanouchi since she follow her father after Yukine's divorce, turns out she has been a Hayakawa until she left the Sundolls.
@rheasilvia @leonardobarba

I'm with both of you on the Majiru hate. She couldn't fix the issue with Kano because it would come off as disingenuous given that she is working on the project for Yukine. It was a great way to let Mei's character shine for once since she has been my least favorite character of the 4 thus far. Using her love for Kano as a way to get through to her and keep the group together was a beautiful scene to watch. People acting like Mahiru doesn't care about JELEE anymore as she is literally listening to the livestream while she is working lmao.

It often feels like I am watching a different show when I read some of the comments on these episode discussions. People miss so many details in the show and act confused as to why things are happening a certain way when it is literally explained within the episodes themselves if you pay attention. Doesn't mean you have to like what the show is doing or anything, but if you misunderstand what is happening entirely because you weren't paying attention that's a you problem, not an issue with the show itself.
Jun 8, 7:14 PM

Dec 2016
This show is so fucking good man oh my god.
Jun 8, 7:15 PM
Mar 2023
I can't get enough of this masterpiece
Jun 8, 8:24 PM

Aug 2011
man i don't even really get what this show is going for anymore... it's so disjointed, tonally and characterization wise. the first few episodes were so promising, too.
Jun 8, 8:50 PM
Jan 2020
really thought this was gonna get as popular as bocchi
Jun 8, 8:59 PM

Oct 2008
Reply to Seansy
Marinate1016 said:

@Seansy
Actually there is a bit more to add. The line from Yukine is a mistranslation. What she said is "I expect a good answer", because there is a bit of a pause between いい返事 and 期待している, the subs misunderstood it.

Which is why when Mahiru talks with everyone at the end of the episode, she says "she wants to take the job" instead of "I took the job. So she actually went to talk with everyone before giving the answer, even if she personally was pretty much decided she would be taking it.

So at most what she did wrong is wanting to take the job that would result in her not being able to do work for the mv to release in new year as they wanted, but no one else besides Kano sees it as a big deal. They can always delay it by a few days (in ep 4 they pretty much do an mv during an all-nighter on the weekend). Maybe they could talk and see if they can help Mahiru in some way so she may finish the job earlier than expected and still be ready for the jelee release, etc.

I can understand Kano's reaction because of what we learned of her past, but Mahiru didn't know, which is why not only her but also Kiui and Mei were surprised at the reaction back then.

And from Mahiru's words this episode, it seems like she want to work really hard at the job she got to get things done in time to still do the art for the MV keeping the promise, but because of how difficulty it will be, she thinks trying to tell Kano that now would sound untruthful, so she will want to bring results instead. And even thought Kano words was hurtful to her, her being happy at listening to the live and kano being back in the feet shows that she still is able to keep her mind in the right place and understand that was something said in the heat of the moment.

Which is why Kano herself doesn't really mention yoru not being available for the new year as a reason she is down at all. Instead she is down because she realized she still wanted validation from her mom even after being abandoned, and regret about the words she told Mahiru. While Kano said that about using Mahiru, I don't think she was doing it, at least consciously / in a manipulative way. But more like, getting really attached while keeping her strong worry about being abandoned again.
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."
The Jedi Code
Jun 8, 9:12 PM

Jun 2022
mei literally sings better than me LMFOAOO

Jun 8, 9:17 PM

Mar 2008
Mahiru did the right thing. She's trying to improve to help Jelee. Not like she's abandoning them. Kano seriously needs to stop throwing a hissy fit. Gladly Mei seems to have stopped that. Now Kiui is gonna have some drama.
Jun 8, 9:21 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to chaosprophet
@Seansy
Actually there is a bit more to add. The line from Yukine is a mistranslation. What she said is "I expect a good answer", because there is a bit of a pause between いい返事 and 期待している, the subs misunderstood it.

Which is why when Mahiru talks with everyone at the end of the episode, she says "she wants to take the job" instead of "I took the job. So she actually went to talk with everyone before giving the answer, even if she personally was pretty much decided she would be taking it.

So at most what she did wrong is wanting to take the job that would result in her not being able to do work for the mv to release in new year as they wanted, but no one else besides Kano sees it as a big deal. They can always delay it by a few days (in ep 4 they pretty much do an mv during an all-nighter on the weekend). Maybe they could talk and see if they can help Mahiru in some way so she may finish the job earlier than expected and still be ready for the jelee release, etc.

I can understand Kano's reaction because of what we learned of her past, but Mahiru didn't know, which is why not only her but also Kiui and Mei were surprised at the reaction back then.

And from Mahiru's words this episode, it seems like she want to work really hard at the job she got to get things done in time to still do the art for the MV keeping the promise, but because of how difficulty it will be, she thinks trying to tell Kano that now would sound untruthful, so she will want to bring results instead. And even thought Kano words was hurtful to her, her being happy at listening to the live and kano being back in the feet shows that she still is able to keep her mind in the right place and understand that was something said in the heat of the moment.

Which is why Kano herself doesn't really mention yoru not being available for the new year as a reason she is down at all. Instead she is down because she realized she still wanted validation from her mom even after being abandoned, and regret about the words she told Mahiru. While Kano said that about using Mahiru, I don't think she was doing it, at least consciously / in a manipulative way. But more like, getting really attached while keeping her strong worry about being abandoned again.
@chaosprophet

I appreciate your clarification on the translation. That makes sense.

I also 100% agree with your interpretation of events. Well said!

It's why the Mahiru hate and related misunderstandings of what is happening in the show frustrate me so much. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds over the last 2 episodes.
Jun 8, 9:34 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Hitotsuyanagi27
speechless...I don't know whether I should be happy or sad when I saw this episode. Frankly, I'm happy because Mei managed to at least save Jelee from being disbanded, even though I'm actually a little disappointed because Mahiru barely did anything in this episode.

Actually, if I'm honest, I would prefer if the person who saved Jelee was Mahiru herself. However, Mei was the one who did it. From the first episode, I really like the chemistry between Mahiru and Kano, even now. I'm a little worried that Kano x Mahiru is starting to fade. I know Mei is the MVP in this episode, but rather than Kano x Mei I still prefer Kano x Mahiru.

In the next episode it looks like Kiui will be the main star. and if Mahiru later decides to save Kiui, I think that just makes everything ridiculous and absurd. How come when Kano needs help, Mahiru decides not to do anything, but when Kiui is in trouble, Mahiru actually comes to save her.

I still hope that in the last episode Kano and Mahiru can "reconcile" again. I want to see Mahiru's reaction when she realizes what really happened to Kano and her past because if everything ends like now this anime will just look like a "yuri twist ntr" because mei was the one who managed to make kano want to sing again. and that person is not Mahiru/yoru.

Doga Kobo please stop toying with us, don't let this anime end with Kano and Mahiru's relationship hanging. they both are the reason I watched this anime
Hitotsuyanagi27 said:
Actually, if I'm honest, I would prefer if the person who saved Jelee was Mahiru herself.

I mean my thoughts were exactly that before the scene where we had an annoucement. And oh boy were I disappointed after seeing Mahiru basically took a backseat in this episode.

But anyways, I do think that the show is somewhat rubbing the wrong way for me. Don't get me wrong, the show has been pretty fast-paced since the beginning, and I didn't mind that at all. But this episode... it feels kinda a bit off for me. It feels like the show is trying too hard, while there is only 2 episodes left. I still enjoy the show, but honestly I am starting to think 12 episodes for this show might be too short after all to delve into the story of the group as a whole, and each and every character that plays a crucial part in it. Especially with the last scene. It might not be going well. But I do hope that the show will tie it all up somehow. 2 episodes is still more than 1.
Jun 8, 9:40 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to dagmartoons
Give Miyuri Shimabukuro a freakin award or something for this episode, damn. Her performance as Mei in this episode was simultaneously hilarious, heartbreaking and incredibly sweet, especially at the end.
@dagmartoons Yeah I was pretty surprised to see that as well. Like I legit had to check her profile to see the bio, and it honestly ain't that much compare to Mahiru and Kano. But she delivered this episode pretty well.
Jun 8, 9:47 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to chaosprophet
@Seansy

chaosprophet said:

I'm not sure I'm following you here, but I think that the latter line might mean that "I have high hope (for your work)" or something like that. For me I interpreted this scene as that Yoru already agreed to the deal, and Yukine was expecting her to do her job well.

P/S: After rewatching the scene where the group got together, she did say that she wants to take the job 「私 やっぱり この依頼 受けたい。」but I don't think that she is only expressing her desire here.
DTPJun 8, 10:26 PM
Jun 8, 10:26 PM
Nov 2018
Part of me really liked this episode. Rest of me felt disappointed with it. It took any build up it had in last few episodes and got rid of it, like it was nothing.
Jun 8, 10:29 PM
Dec 2022
The art style,the story,especially the flashback,the music runs behind and VA of Anouk Mei of that scene.All combined to this incredible episode!!
Jun 8, 11:00 PM

Aug 2015
"The show is too dramatic; I can't stand this tonal shift. It’s giving me way too much whiplash"

Are we watching the same series? YoruKura always pointed towards this unresolved turmoil from the characters' pasts becoming their eventual limit and obstacle to overcome, to prove to themselves that the connections they built with one another meant more than the sins of the past, that they could find greater and more genuine motivations to do what they like and pursue that dream beyond the initial framework of incidentality. Kano's bottled-up trauma regarding her mother and fellow group mate's betrayal, how she never sorted out why she wanted to start JEELEE and sing again despite knowing it by heart deep within, having to fight the very twisted image of success and validation that was instilled in her mind since the idol days, creating those dangerous parallels of mistakes she didn't want to follow her mom in. Mei's infatuation with Kano being treated as a running gag that had to run its course, how her dilemma has always hung on the dichotomy of the ideal and the real, having to take that filter off from her own perspective to become a friend to her and the rest of the girls rather than a mere fanatic fueled by ulterior motives and hijacked affairs instead of proper passion or feelings grounded in the truth. Kiui's struggles with identity, being herself in an environment that rejected her from the very beginning based upon biases and social conformity, keeping up a nonchalant facade of her ideal self to ease Mahiru's worries and being pushed more and more into the driver's seat for the team, having to assume that responsibility, grow more mature and go out of the comfort zone to keep with them, the price she was set to pay for letting time run and connections deteriorate all these years. And Mahiru's fight with self-worth and her obsession with 'standing out' as a replacement for proper motivations, how she felt lacking in comparison to her peers, feeling like the weak link everyone was nice to just due to necessity, how her skill started to merge with how she defines herself, diluting the inner meaning in the process and how despite making a stand for what she wants to accomplish and what her work means, there's still that lingering doubt regarding her relationship with the group that needs to be realized.

YoruKura always attempted to follow those character arcs after some proper presentation and setup. Shizue's backstory being a perfect foil for the group's ambitions and flaws, the SunDolls return tour foreshadowing not only Yukine's role in JEELEE's existential threat but also giving away some hints of instability and impulsiveness that could have easily put things into a downward spiral much earlier from Kano's actions, the motorcycle driving school mini-arc sowing the seeds for some soul-searching in the two most damaged members of the group to arrive at adulthood in decent shape and with prospects for the future they seemed to lack. Heck, even the doxxing and defamation scandal that turned JEELEE into something greater than the sum of its parts - a symbol of hope and a banner for all the misunderstood loners and weirdos of the world hiding their true selves due to fear of not meeting societal expectations - and as such, also something bigger and greater than just the follower number or their very disorganized creative process.

Then again, I do echo a fair bit of the mixed emotions this episode granted us, mainly due to Mahiru's diminished role in the group's internal crisis and the cold opening we got compared to last week's heightened sense of personal drama. Mind you, my criticisms in those areas are less directed to the idea of it being out of character but more so the purpose it’s supposed to play in the story subtextually speaking (as in if we are supposed to infer what she is doing is morally wrong or just a footnote focused on the pressure and unavailability that goes hand in hand with working on a project that might define your career this early in the game). I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for the time being because the missing piece of the puzzle points towards her, given the narrative shift towards Kiui for the last scene. I would just like to add that even if weird, I did end up feeling like the cold opening was the more measured and mature approach because insisting on the conflict through flashbacks or internal monologuing would have left out a ton of development for the other two and truly set things into being overtly melodramatic. Mei being both the voice of reason and the glue that kept them together by being sincere about her feelings and recapturing -quite literally and figuratively- genuiness by singing her heart out is also a more solid way of dealing with the themes of the episode because of her contrasting visions and deeper understanding of Kano in comparison to both Kano's desperate selfindulgence and Mero's twisted one, plus the arduous and challlenging process of dealing with resentment towards oneself or others and finding an honest, non destructive reason to pursue one's ideals.
Jun 8, 11:39 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Seansy
@chaosprophet

I appreciate your clarification on the translation. That makes sense.

I also 100% agree with your interpretation of events. Well said!

It's why the Mahiru hate and related misunderstandings of what is happening in the show frustrate me so much. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds over the last 2 episodes.
Seansy said:
It's why the Mahiru hate and related misunderstandings of what is happening in the show frustrate me so much.

Don't let it get to you...some people are just incapable of understanding context or holding the plot straight in their heads for 5 min at a time.
Jun 9, 1:02 AM
Apr 2022
mei's terrible singing and yuri confession made kano realize she wants to sing, hope she overcomes her mommy issue.

glad kiui's safe after almost tripping over that energy drink. considering she's not a veteran driver, she could have killed herself and that'd be bad.

there wasn't much mahiru in the ep, expected more of her cus of last ep. i'm glad she's not doom & gloom cus of kano, and is working hard to improve her skills.

good ep
Jun 9, 1:46 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Hitotsuyanagi27

@Hitotsuyanagi27 There is no ntr Yuri, it is simply normal that Mei saved Kano, her reason for joining Jelee was because her idol Kano was there and if in the next chapter it is Mahiru who saves Kiui it will also be normal because they are both childhood friends and it was thanks to mahiru that kiui got into jelee. If all these final chapters had focused exclusively on Mahiru and Kano, what reason If so would they have had kiui and mei in this story? This story is much more about friendship than something romantic, what scares me is that there are only two chapters left and there are many dramas to close
Jun 9, 2:36 AM
Feb 2018
This Ep is really great, Mei's singing is so touched
Jun 9, 6:19 AM

Dec 2010
Yeah this show has kinda lost me after episode 9. Thankfully Girls Band Cry is still a banger.
Jun 9, 7:57 AM

Apr 2018
Reply to Marinate1016
Hands down one of the best episodes I’ve seen in a very long time. I just don’t know where to start with this one. I’m done fighting the recency bias tho, this show’s going in my top 5 all time.

First of all, shoutout to Kiui and Mei for filling in for Kano’s cafe shifts. Real ass friends, sadly they’re retarded and were awful fits for the job 💀 Mei over here freaking out because the customers ordered a “kiss” and Kiui too socially awkward to take orders lmao.

Kano taking some time to be by herself and find out why she wants to sing is valid. After basically being put on this career path as a way to please her mom and then that whole fall out, she hasn’t really had time to sit and sort it out. I still feel so bad for her breakdown last week.

Mahiru up to 100k followers herself now.. good for her ig.. still a snake for last week’s stuff 🤷🏾‍♂️

We finally get to see present day Mero.. ngl man she fine as hell. Love girls who dress like her. Mei stalking her at the cafe window and karaoke had me crying tho. There’s no way you should be this good at hunting people down 😭 she’s like one of them idol stalkers who check the reflection in idols’ eyes on their posts to find them.

Was kinda important that she did that though because Mero told her about how she and Kano were singing for Yukine’s sake.

Shame on the losers talking shit about Kano in class. Don’t blame her for walking out at all. Can’t escape the drama at home or at school, gotta feel suffocating.

Mei waiting outside Kano’s apartment for her “friend” not her “idol” was a great scene. Set up Kano coming clean about how she’d “used” Mahiru for her gain as well. The problem I have with this tho is it’s nowhere near what her mom was doing with she and the other girls. Also, even with that, it still don’t make what Mahiru was doing last week ok.

Like sure, they’re both flawed people but one person is clearly more wrong here. Again, doesn’t mean Mahiru is a horrible person. Just don’t fw what she did at all with going behind Kano and working with Yukine 🤷🏾‍♂️

FORGET ALL THAT THO. The end of this episode was magnificent, sensational, whatever synonym you wanna use I was shaken to the core. Mei is the real MVP of this series rn. I know she a lil slow but she has a heart of gold and literally saved JELEE and Kano with her horrible singing lmaoo. But it reached her idol and that’s all that matters. PLUS “you have to take responsibility for making me fall in love with you” oh my god I LOVE YURI.

Amazing episode I’m shook.
Marinate1016 said:
oh my god I LOVE YURI.

amen, brother 🙏
Jun 9, 8:40 AM

Jun 2016
terrible episode and so cringe
Jun 9, 9:14 AM

Jul 2019
I loved the Oshi No Ko & Bocchi references
Jun 9, 9:21 AM
Mar 2020
So good, look, I'm not a yuri watcher but that was a love confession from Mei to Kano and I don't mind, it's great and emotional.

But the next episode is gonna be another Kiwi fiasco which I might think they'll make the drama to keep on going, it's a bit cheap tbh, should've just focus on the finale, like, pull the plug already and don't make this anime ends on a cliffhanger or rushed beyond belief.
Jun 9, 10:35 AM
May 2017
Reply to Seansy
@rheasilvia @leonardobarba

I'm with both of you on the Majiru hate. She couldn't fix the issue with Kano because it would come off as disingenuous given that she is working on the project for Yukine. It was a great way to let Mei's character shine for once since she has been my least favorite character of the 4 thus far. Using her love for Kano as a way to get through to her and keep the group together was a beautiful scene to watch. People acting like Mahiru doesn't care about JELEE anymore as she is literally listening to the livestream while she is working lmao.

It often feels like I am watching a different show when I read some of the comments on these episode discussions. People miss so many details in the show and act confused as to why things are happening a certain way when it is literally explained within the episodes themselves if you pay attention. Doesn't mean you have to like what the show is doing or anything, but if you misunderstand what is happening entirely because you weren't paying attention that's a you problem, not an issue with the show itself.
@Seansy I do agree. Kano's friend or not, Mahiru is not obliged to resolve the relationship problem between Kano and Yukine. Both daughter and mother have the responsibility to resolve their problem -- or not -- instead of offloading their responsibility to Mahiru.

Have you ever heard about herd behavior?
leonardobarbaJun 9, 10:40 AM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 9, 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
The badly-written drama continues to get worse and worse, and this show continues to become more and more disappointing as well.
Jun 9, 2:16 PM

Jan 2021
I like some of the cutaways they do in this show. Also this show has crazy swings and there's no way you can sweep everything under the rug like that

In a way it is pretty accurate of four high schoolers trying to manage their own stuff
mtfunkyJun 9, 2:21 PM
負けたくない

Jun 9, 2:59 PM

Nov 2023
No one going to talk about Kiui's identity being leaked? Seems no one cares to discuss that tbh

Seems everyone is focusing way too much on hating over the melodrama, it was obvious they were going this route, this never looked like "cute girls doing cute things" to me, I was just waiting on when they'd drop a problem for the group to fight over and this is it. I would have preferred if they had started developing the drama since episode 5 or 6 to make it less forced, but at least there's *something* going on.

Mei's singing was absolutely hilarious, and I loved Kiui rushing for Kano because she would not have responded or watched the stream otherwise. Weird that Mahiru didn't say anything this episode tho, I would have expected her to at least be in contact with Kiui over the band's situation. Hopefully next episode touches on Mahiru more.

Jun 9, 7:38 PM

May 2019
I have mixed feelings over this episode as Mahiru continued working on her new project and didn't even attempt at reconciliation. Also, if Kano knows that her mom was using her for her own gain then wouldn't that be the same thing she's doing with Mahiru? At least by Kano "using" Mahiru it helps their group rather than Kano's mom. Glad that Mei stepped up big time and even Kiui did what she could to help.
Jun 9, 10:33 PM

Sep 2013
Reply to Foxussy
No one going to talk about Kiui's identity being leaked? Seems no one cares to discuss that tbh

Seems everyone is focusing way too much on hating over the melodrama, it was obvious they were going this route, this never looked like "cute girls doing cute things" to me, I was just waiting on when they'd drop a problem for the group to fight over and this is it. I would have preferred if they had started developing the drama since episode 5 or 6 to make it less forced, but at least there's *something* going on.

Mei's singing was absolutely hilarious, and I loved Kiui rushing for Kano because she would not have responded or watched the stream otherwise. Weird that Mahiru didn't say anything this episode tho, I would have expected her to at least be in contact with Kiui over the band's situation. Hopefully next episode touches on Mahiru more.

Foxussy said:
If anything, I'm worried that we have 2 episodes left, a lot to cover, and they've gone with the route of one last Kiui episode before throwing everything else into the finale.
Jun 9, 10:54 PM
May 2019
Wow! Now that's how you make an impacting episode!
Jun 9, 11:24 PM
Jul 2021
For some reason, I don't even like Yoru. Here, Yoru is the source of the problem, but he feels he is the one to blame. and that makes me hate him. Same, all the problems in this anime can be solved very easily, it doesn't feel realistic.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.