Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 26, 2022 6:07 PM
May 2022
That bunny girl is actually a guy.
Jul 26, 2022 6:09 PM
Feb 2021
aLotQuestion_ said:
Does anime miss something from LN? Why showing the rabbit's hands has something to do with how dangerous is Ainz?

rabbit-man poses like that out of instinct, that's what rabbit-man usually does, maybe. His injured hand was also just because he was a fighter.
Jul 26, 2022 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
aLotQuestion_ said:
Does anime miss something from LN? Why showing the rabbit's hands has something to do with how dangerous is Ainz?

The focus on the hands was to show how tense and sweaty they were, out of fear, I guess. What the guy above just say was the book explanation.

Most of what was skipped are richer details on certain conversation and what people think about those, in this season they are somehow doing a similar pacing while actually adapting really well the things that matter, so most LN readers I've seen around (myself included) are quite pleased with this season in particular. A lot of what was straight skipped was luckily unsubstantial, too. Too bad many things get hurt by how poorly adapted a big portion of the previous seasons were, so you can expect some characters' smaller progressions to be completely absent even from this season.

Like, for EP1 they just changed Foth and Foire as for who was taking care of Ainz room, Ainz turning down Aura and Mare's suggestions for clothing of boys and girls, Ainz summoning a badass gatekeeper and learning that Albedo was not letting the maids clean his room (because "bride duties", info courtesy of best maid Fith). The one relevant conversation skipped was Moknach and Ainz's at the Adventurer's Guild (it was about Ainz explaining to him his plans for the guild and the his ruling of the kingdom, making Moknach change his mind towards a better opinion of him). Other than that, while his conversation with Pluton was adapted, it wasn't done as much justice as the rest of the episode (it's... underwhelmingly chopped up compared to the books, to say the least). Another convo that should be relevant, though they will ikely will omit the character completely, is the Mage guid Guildmaster talking with Pluton right after.

You can check this guy's list to get anything the anime didn't specifically adapted, if you don't wanna read the novels (though I would highly recommend it doing so).
https://www.reddit.com/user/Djinnfor/comments/vrw77i/overlord_posts_list_season_4/
DanpmssJul 26, 2022 7:25 PM
Jul 26, 2022 7:33 PM

Jan 2021
I enjoyed this episode. Ainz plays everything tactically and meticulously, and I love it. The maniacal behavior from Jircniv cracked me up.
Jul 26, 2022 8:14 PM

Sep 2020
I don't think we've had this level of animation for overlord before. This isn't even the main fight scene of the season either, not even in the top 3. I can't wait.

I noticed that some of the enriching layers of the conversations adapted were cut out to fit everything. IMO they should've not included the OP.

Great episode though.
Jul 26, 2022 8:19 PM

Jul 2017
Ainz's fight against the Warrior King war troll Go Gin in the colosseum with Emperor Jircniv in full view, it's another moment to say: SASUGA AINZ-SAMA!

The precursor of last episode's events beforehand, Ainz using Gate to infiltrate his way into the Baharuth Empire to set up a meeting with Jircniv, then paves his way into the preparation against the Warrior King, info and all. The Headhunter Rabbit, yeah, many might mistake it being a girl at sight, but is actually a guy.

The weapons-only, no-magic fight where the loser submits to the winner, it's an all-out fight where Jircniv and the rest of the people cheering Go Gin on to finish Ainz off at the quickest, and while Madhouse delivered BIG TIME on the action, Go Gin is simply no match for Ainz which bodied him from head to toe with even a fraction of his real power.

Join Ainz to be free-willed adventurers seeking adventure, or side with the Empire and face oppression, Emperor Jircniv simply is out of his mind to turn his Baharuth Empire to become a vassal state of the Sorcerer King, he should've already known from the get go that's he's being played in Ainz's hands.

And what happens thereafter...time will only tell of this development.
Jul 26, 2022 8:38 PM
Dec 2015
Marinate1016 said:
“What if he doesn’t have a plan”

“Impossible!”

Lost it here xD Such a great reaction
Jul 26, 2022 8:43 PM
Jun 2019
Lol watching Jircniv lose his mind in this episode was so funny
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 26, 2022 8:52 PM
Jan 2009
Sasuga Ainz-sama.
Jul 26, 2022 10:11 PM
Jan 2019
Great sasuga ainz sama moment
Jul 27, 2022 1:29 AM

Dec 2016
Sasuga Ainz-sama. Jircniv's overthinking is a mood, ngl.

Why would I spend my time watching shows I don't like? ๐Ÿ’ข
Jul 27, 2022 1:51 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
So Warrior King planned to eat those dead bones if he won? Not sure how he could eat those though as he would totally feel pain gulping those bones

Also I like how Ainz used Clementine's exploding daggers for the fight :)

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Jul 27, 2022 2:33 AM

May 2015
Fighting Ainz must feel like fighting a sentient indestructible wall. But for Go Gin, it's the battle he's been waiting for all his life. I wonder if he is like a certain other character, where he absorbs the abilities of those he eats. Or if that was just something he wanted to try as a war troll. Either way, it's not happening and Ainz scares another group of people into submission!
Jul 27, 2022 4:00 AM

Dec 2011
Lol as always misunderstanding work like a charmed for Ainz. He can just sleep and the plot will keep moving without him xD
Jul 27, 2022 4:14 AM

Feb 2015
The climax of the fight was poorly planned and very unsatisfying. Ains had already said his HP was higher whilst taking hits like he was a bedrock wall. The warrior king requested to see a fraction of Ains's power so Ains turned off his inhibitors and took more hits like before then jabbed him. not really a climax nor showing more of his strength then before. kinda pointless hype, was hoping Ains would actually show a fraction of his power.

Not sure if bad writing or poor adaptation?

like what fraction of his power did he show? he already did the bedrock-wall move before so it was no different?
Jul 27, 2022 5:48 AM

Dec 2009
Feel kinda bad for the emperor, the stress is killing him even though Ainz just wants to be friends.

Great episode, good action, good comedy, a sprinkle of backstory... Touch Me has been set up really well, from seeing the values he imprinted on Sebas to his rivalry with Momonga as the strongest players... wonder if we'll ever see him.
Jul 27, 2022 6:00 AM
Jan 2019
Ainz really show it to everyone who's the strongest.
and btw poor JIrvnic lol
Jul 27, 2022 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode! The way Ainz had fun in the arena was great, I wonder how many percent of his power he used in this fight, I'm assuming probably a tiny amount. Well, it remains to wait another week.
Jul 27, 2022 6:39 AM

Feb 2022
Jircniv is pretty desperate now
2023 :

Jul 27, 2022 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
So it really was just a coincidence that Ains was there lmao!
Jul 27, 2022 8:19 AM
Jan 2017
ohh hell yeahh,
Ainz is too OP,, this battle show the big different between him and his oponent,,
unlike the other OP isekai anime,, ngl this is best more that rimuru or anos ,,
what make this best because not only fantasy power anime is has politic or anything like that,,
poor Gilgamesh BTW
10/10 for this eps
Jul 27, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2012
Hakisak said:
The climax of the fight was poorly planned and very unsatisfying. Ains had already said his HP was higher whilst taking hits like he was a bedrock wall. The warrior king requested to see a fraction of Ains's power so Ains turned off his inhibitors and took more hits like before then jabbed him. not really a climax nor showing more of his strength then before. kinda pointless hype, was hoping Ains would actually show a fraction of his power.

Not sure if bad writing or poor adaptation?

like what fraction of his power did he show? he already did the bedrock-wall move before so it was no different?

It wasn't supposed to be "hype" or "climactic" actually, but moreso amusing (in a way it's quite climactic, as in, the climax of the punchline) haha

That's how Overlord works from the start. It's not poor writing, but it's instead around the same lines of a Sakamoto desu ga/ One Punch Man presence in a way (but mostly a farce, and with a much darker comedy), you just have to keep your expectations in check for the obvious outcome and just enjoy the horrifying ride for everyone else as the story progresses.

Ainz and Nazarick are villains in this world, and far above the level of anyone else. Their battles will always be dreading for the opponents, and a hopeless curb stomp from them. The sharp contrast that makes this back-and-forth in the books is particularly well presented in this season for the first time, in its non-chronological glory.

For the "heroes" against Nazarick, it's a suspenseful ride with someone like Ainz absolutely haunting them all as the series progresses. For the villains instead, it's a black comedy of misunderstandings that make Ainz appear far more competent than he actually is, alá Handa-kun (except with genocide!) lol

The narrative is a big part of what makes it works so well, particularly with how developed the human cast is (unfortunately, not until this season we have seen a proper adaptation in full effect, however).
DanpmssJul 27, 2022 8:03 PM
Jul 27, 2022 8:44 AM

Jun 2010
I'm glad this episode had a flashback of how Ainz setup his fight in the Colliseum... some complained it felt a little rushed the last episode. The fight with the Warrior King definately was a step up in animation quality from past seasons too and was enjoyable. Everything just feels so short is my complaint.. its over before I realize which to me is usually a sign of a great anime.

Also, "Maybe he isn't thinking of anything at all?" Maybe you should listen to your dear advisors dear Jircniv... everyone think that Ainz has a great plan or something but I feel he really is just winging it.. lol.
WallenwhatsitJul 27, 2022 8:48 AM

Jul 27, 2022 8:52 AM

Nov 2013
Lmao that one dude who was like "Maybe he wasn't really thinking about anything?" is the closest to understanding Ainz out of all the characters.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 27, 2022 9:52 AM

Feb 2014
Jircniv vocally shouting his support for the Warrior King throughout that fight made me laugh quite a bit. XD

It was nice to see Ains's POV into the events that made the fight at the Colosseum happen. I had respect for the Warrior King and his chat with Ains before their fight started. The fight itself was animated really well and a good improvement over a lot of battles in seasons past. Still, it was a walk in the park for Ains and even after killing the Warrior King, he revive him as he voiced out his plans towards the crowd.

Jircniv's desperation had him pleading for his county to become a vassal state for Ains's kingdom, which did leave Ains rather stumped and confused, which was funny. Either way, I don't see Jircniv regaining his calm composure anytime soon. His poor hair is going to take a long beating at this rate...
Jul 27, 2022 1:41 PM

May 2018
Lol Jircniv misinterpreted everything xD
Jul 27, 2022 1:42 PM

May 2018
Meta_Yoshi said:
Jircniv vocally shouting his support for the Warrior King throughout that fight made me laugh quite a bit. XD

It was nice to see Ains's POV into the events that made the fight at the Colosseum happen. I had respect for the Warrior King and his chat with Ains before their fight started. The fight itself was animated really well and a good improvement over a lot of battles in seasons past. Still, it was a walk in the park for Ains and even after killing the Warrior King, he revive him as he voiced out his plans towards the crowd.

Jircniv's desperation had him pleading for his county to become a vassal state for Ains's kingdom, which did leave Ains rather stumped and confused, which was funny. Either way, I don't see Jircniv regaining his calm composure anytime soon. His poor hair is going to take a long beating at this rate...

oh god bald Jircniv is what wakes me up at night
Jul 27, 2022 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
Byniavo said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

Now imagine a bald Gilgamesh...

That's nightmare fuel in my eyes. X_X
Jul 27, 2022 2:41 PM

May 2018
Meta_Yoshi said:
Byniavo said:

Now imagine a bald Gilgamesh...

That's nightmare fuel in my eyes. X_X

holy fucking zasshu
Jul 27, 2022 4:30 PM

Sep 2013
My headcanon is that gogin would have won if he was also lv 100.
Jul 27, 2022 4:32 PM

Sep 2020
@Stark700

lool what's this, you can't stand Jircniv anymore?
didn't you really like his reactions last episode tho
Jul 27, 2022 10:23 PM
Sep 2021
Honestly they blasted through an entire volume within 4 episodes. It still feels too rushed. So many important details were cut or missing. The fight with the warrior King was also hella disappointing. There was too much talking and standing around. Whole season so far has been 2.5/5 for me tbh. Some of the art feels out of place,like in the first episode. But I guess nothing can really stand up to so-bin's art
Jul 27, 2022 10:26 PM
Sep 2021
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Wait what was with that rabbit girl? why was her hands gross like that. lol

If I remember correctly that's a dude. And he's actually an assassin hired to work for the old guy
Jul 28, 2022 12:07 AM

Aug 2020
Honestly, I were in the emperor's place, I would do the same considering how strong the residents of Nazarick are.
I feel bad about the emperor, he is in a tough spot.
Jul 28, 2022 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
omg! excellente episodo!
i knew Ainz would revive Warrior King! cuz he is a great valuable asset!
poor emperor Jircniv, gotta be an unlucky person with no excuse! i just hope he stays sane!
5/5!

Jul 28, 2022 8:06 AM
Oct 2019
*Ainz does anything*
Jircniv: and I took that as a threat.
Jul 28, 2022 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
"No matter what race, opinions will always differ from person to person." Wow very nice saying by the Martial Lord!
Jul 28, 2022 10:03 PM

Jul 2016
Jircniv not giving a fuck and desperately cheering for the War Troll was so hilarious.

Well, ignoring the utterly predictable duel resolution, this was a pretty nice episode overall. Really liked the flashback of how Ainz set up the combat and how he crashed at Jircniv's crucial reunion by mere coincidence.
Jul 28, 2022 10:52 PM

Mar 2020
He said the thing!
Jul 29, 2022 3:23 AM

May 2015
Troll stopped trolling
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 29, 2022 1:20 PM

Feb 2007
Jircniv is certainly right about being the most unfortunate person in the world. After all, all his plans were just ruined by someone who, despite what he and the Theocracy think, had absolutely no idea about them and who was there for an entirely unrelated reason. :D
Jul 29, 2022 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
lordkagetane said:
He said the thing!
"I am the Overlord season IV"
Jul 29, 2022 8:17 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder if 'Touch Me' was sent to this world what he would have done in this situation?
Jul 31, 2022 6:11 AM

Mar 2020
kanarazukarasu said:
lordkagetane said:
He said the thing!
"I am the Overlord season IV"

It was you Momonga, you were the Overlord IV (2022)!
Aug 1, 2022 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
The battle with the warrior king wasn’t too bad, it is definitely better than witnessing an instant no mercy win. It is fun to see El-nix overthinking everything when Ainz wasn’t doing so.
Aug 1, 2022 6:07 PM

Jan 2013
I mean, didn't expect a different result but this was definitely the best episode so far!
Now i wonder if Ainz's plan will succeed.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 2, 2022 4:38 AM

Feb 2014
Underwhelming fight, I haven't read the novels, but it feels it was supposed to be a longer battle
Aug 3, 2022 7:50 PM

Jan 2017
ayy lmao Ainz gets everything with barely doing anything, brownie points as it doesn't involve Demiurge this time around
Aug 6, 2022 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
"I won't use magic"

*uses magic within the first 2 attacks*

Sure.

(his aura is also technically a magic)

___ ___ ___

Also... how the hell does Ainz not know what a "vassal state" is...

Also... Ainz doing random shit, turns into some sort of Mastermind from misunderstandings... LOL
amlgAug 6, 2022 10:23 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 10, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
I wonder what counts as magic. The troll looked good!! Ainz destroyed him so easily but thats to be expected. Blonde king is a mega clown.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2022

180 by RodxD »»
Oct 9, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

248 by 9779 »»
Oct 6, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

322 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2022

205 by TheOtherJN »»
Oct 4, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Overlord IV Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

157 by RodxD »»
Oct 2, 5:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.