Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2022 9:37 AM

Apr 2018
Damn, they didn't hold back with the first episode. So glad with the return of MiA.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 6, 2022 9:56 AM

Feb 2014

Years waiting for this and it has been worth every damn second.
Jul 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Sep 2020
Made in Abyss is back after five years and is still as amazing as ever. The new characters are interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. I think at some point they'll bump into Reg, Riko, and Nanachi in the sixth layer... I think.

Also, Riko taking a dump in front of an audience lmao. I could never.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jul 6, 2022 10:11 AM

Jun 2021
A kid being tortured and abused like not even a minute in. Oh Made in Abyss, I’ve missed you lol.

I really liked that this was part origin story and part a continuation of where our gang left off. I’m still sad about Prushka, the poor kid. Fucking Bondrewd. Anyways, it was nice seeing how the island was like before it became really settled and what the early cave raiders had to go through. I’m kind of curious to see what happened to them in their journey to the Golden City.

Seeing the gang again was great too. I’ve missed them! It was nice seeing them kind of goof around, especially that bit with Mitty shitting in the altar and then Riko having to take a shit too lol. You really could hear everything because of how quiet it was haha. At least they got the incense burning! Lmao. I also liked Reg straight up sniffing Nanachi too, the little weirdo haha.

Looking forward to next week and whatever insanity they’re gonna encounter next. Glad this show is back.
Jul 6, 2022 10:12 AM
Apr 2022
CQLLIST said:
Did they simply jump right to Chapter 48 to depict the Three Sages' history instead of doing Chapter 38? To be honest, I was taken aback because it's literally the most disturbing part of the entire season lmao but I'm thankful that it's shown earlier than the initial chapter but at the same time that's quite concerning considering the chapters before it was nicely linked but just treat Veko's disturbing past as something separable yeah? We also notice Star Compass, which Riko discovered in the first stratum. I'm curious how long Veko's team has been searching for the abyss. Orth was not there when they arrived. Also, Veko's crew seemed to have easily reached the bottom, lending credence to the claim that the gap deepens every 2000 years. This might also explain how Riko discovered Star Compass in the first layer, which was formerly the surface when Veko and the company discovered the Abyss. Eventually, the main crew seems to be back, glad to see them once again and Nanachi and Reg hugging <3, now on we go look forward to the next journey! All in all nice episode, I hope they don’t rearrange these chapters again because I got so confused as to why they went straight to Chapter 48 :S

The adventure is about to begin!

wait does that mean this season is not going through the manga faithfully? should we be worried so far?
Jul 6, 2022 10:20 AM
Aug 2016
I'm so glad they kept Riko shitting, you have no idea
Jul 6, 2022 10:20 AM
Dec 2020
I’m really interested in how the direction went, they decided to present both stories from the start which I wasn’t expecting. I am very hyped, this season is gonna pack a lot of question and it’s gonna be great.
Also, I wonder when the ost will come out :)
Jul 6, 2022 10:22 AM
Dec 2020
Ryewithcheese said:
CQLLIST said:
Did they simply jump right to Chapter 48 to depict the Three Sages' history instead of doing Chapter 38? To be honest, I was taken aback because it's literally the most disturbing part of the entire season lmao but I'm thankful that it's shown earlier than the initial chapter but at the same time that's quite concerning considering the chapters before it was nicely linked but just treat Veko's disturbing past as something separable yeah? We also notice Star Compass, which Riko discovered in the first stratum. I'm curious how long Veko's team has been searching for the abyss. Orth was not there when they arrived. Also, Veko's crew seemed to have easily reached the bottom, lending credence to the claim that the gap deepens every 2000 years. This might also explain how Riko discovered Star Compass in the first layer, which was formerly the surface when Veko and the company discovered the Abyss. Eventually, the main crew seems to be back, glad to see them once again and Nanachi and Reg hugging <3, now on we go look forward to the next journey! All in all nice episode, I hope they don’t rearrange these chapters again because I got so confused as to why they went straight to Chapter 48 :S

wait does that mean this season is not going through the manga faithfully? should we be worried so far?

It’s not adapting faithfully as the past seasons but I wouldn’t be worried, all the past ones have been great and I still have great hopes that they’ll pull off something amazing
Jul 6, 2022 10:33 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
I loved this episode. Glad to have everyone back.

I personally wasn't huge on the Movie, i felt it was trying to be more about "a dark atmosphere", than telling an actual story. My opinion. I found it relatively disappointing since the first season is one of my most memorable watches. And I am so freaking glad, its back to that energy.

Made in Abyss's mystery feels like a proper mystery. Its matches the feel i got during the first few seasons of AOT. ALLL I HOPE is please let the mystery deliver. Please let the truth behind this mystery, once it is revealed yrs from now even, leave me jawdropped.

Opening is fire, the ost was fire, everything on the production side seems flawless.

Jul 6, 2022 10:37 AM

Jan 2020
This is realistically the only thing I planned to watch this season, despite having picked up a lot of other things along the way. So... the. hype. is. real.

Jesus -- How do they already know that this small, prepubescent child can't have a child?

Congratulations Vuelo, you found the absolute worst place in the history of humankind. As if her life hadn't already been bad enough. This season is starting off pretty brutal.

Well, Riko taking a dump on screen threw me way off. Other than that, I realize that I actually don't remember a ton about the previous installment. I may need to go brush through a synopsis before the next episode. Luckily a lot of this was prelude stuff.

This is definitely my favorite series this season.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Nov 2021
Amazing 1st episode, the ost is godly
Jul 6, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2015
the show returned the most Made in Abyss way possible.. and I'm all for it..
Looks like we are going thru a flashback arc? nice always nice to see some lore info drop

That Kevin Penkin Ost early on.. was *Chef's kiss* God, I'm hyped!
Jul 6, 2022 10:55 AM

Mar 2015
What a fantastic first episode
Jul 6, 2022 11:00 AM

Jan 2021
The first journey is interesting but only told in one episode, I feel their journey is too fast & too easy, then about how do they get to layer 6 & what do they do in layer 5? It seems that this anime will focus more on the journey of Riko and her friends in layer 6.
Jul 6, 2022 11:12 AM
Oct 2020
Ryewithcheese said:
CQLLIST said:

They’re just putting some chapters of the manga ahead (for what I speculate to be so that you don’t have 2-3 episodes of just Vueko and co in the middle of things) I personally like how they did it, just hope they don’t put too much of it before things get started
Jul 6, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2019
They took some interesting decisions huh. But that was a really good frist episode, the transition from Ganja to Riko was smooth.

And also. GOD, Kevin Penking is a god doing music. The whole episode was beautiful, the scenery, the music, this might turn easily in a 10/10 for me if they continue this way.
Jul 6, 2022 11:16 AM
Oct 2021
I liked it. The only reason I'd give 1st episode 4/5 instead of 5/5 ( S1 ep 2) because it fails to capture the sense of nostalgia & child's eye wonder we get to see in the manga (like the S1 & 3rd movie did ) . I hope there are more nostalgic moments .
Jul 6, 2022 11:17 AM
Oct 2021
CQLLIST said:

watch the 3rd movie it's a prequel ( Ido front arc )
Jul 6, 2022 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
Estoy muy impresionado por este episodio, parece que quieren intercalar entre la historia principal con la historia de Veko para adaptar bien todo este arco la verdad estoy muy emocionado como seguirán adaptando lo que sigue, episodio 10/10 muy genial todo
Jul 6, 2022 11:21 AM

Jul 2021
Aritra_Choudhuri said:
CQLLIST said:

watch the 3rd movie it's a prequel ( Ido front arc )

But the movie 3 cliff it when they were about to go to the portal, there is no mentioning about the Three Sages backstory yet.
Jul 6, 2022 11:23 AM

Jan 2021
This is easily the best show of summer 2022 for me. So glad its back!
Jul 6, 2022 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
YAASSSS it’s finally here!!! it’s been a long time waiting i’m sure it’s gonna be amazing i’m so excitedd
Jul 6, 2022 11:38 AM

Mar 2015
LOL I didn't expect that pooping sfx.

Oh boy oh boy can't wait to see more suffering. On a more positive note, Kevin Penkin already putting this show in the race for best OST and it's only been one episode. This man never misses.
Jul 6, 2022 11:56 AM
Dec 2021
This episode is a great one.
Jul 6, 2022 12:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow.... it feels so surreal to finally continue this journey

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jul 6, 2022 12:24 PM
Aug 2015
Well that was interesting. If they introuced those first travelers to the abyss, I wonder if they are still there..? Why else introduce them? I guess maybe it's a backstory, but then how long they have been living..I know time passes different in the abyss.
Also I forgot a little bit about the layers and stuff but I thought it would be much harder for them to descened. I mean if i recall correctly on one of the layers they encountered a deadly beast that almost killed them yet here they are descending without too much effort..
With this background I can already guess there is going to be something fishy with the city, like a curse or something.
Jul 6, 2022 12:36 PM

Jan 2021
Beautiful first episode. Everything was perfect besides the poop scene. Can't wait to see children suffer again ☺️

チュブリツァ

Jul 6, 2022 12:51 PM
May 2021
Good first ep!! Can’t wait for the next ep!!
Jul 6, 2022 12:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it's like the backstory of when they 1st discovered the island and everything related to it? Though it definitely makes me curious especially for what happened to the group but damn they already pulled off the dark elements since the very beginning, but also really nice to have the main group finally going their way into the 6th layer, and the view is stunning! Great start
Jul 6, 2022 12:59 PM

May 2015
@Stark700 You need to watch the movie listed as prequel. It's set to PTW in your anime list. By the way, most of the katakanifications of English words you put in there are nonsense.
Jul 6, 2022 1:06 PM

Apr 2016
Smug_Sheep said:
I'm so glad they kept Riko shitting, you have no idea

Funniest shit ever. Literally.

Of course they would keep it in. They need to adapt all of the author's 'quirks'
Jul 6, 2022 1:10 PM

Aug 2018
Very interesting start off so far, really loved the transition during the episode and of course very happy that I watched that movie so I wasn’t confused like some people were.

Its beautiful, haunting and engaging, so nice to have this show back once again
Jul 6, 2022 1:37 PM
Feb 2021
can someone tell me the name of the song that plays when they arrive on the island after the title card?
Jul 6, 2022 1:40 PM

Mar 2019
WELCOME to the ANIME OF THE YEAR... again...

THE MUSIC IS GOD.... KEVIN PENKIN IS GOD.

Prepare yourself non-manga readers...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 6, 2022 2:11 PM
Oct 2021
Honestly I think starting with the Three Sages backstory was a bad move, since it'll take away the air of mystery later on. This stuff didn't get revealed until a decent way into the arc in the manga, and I think it was better for it. Plus, with it being full of that, and also the start of the 6th layer, it just felt like nothing happened in this episode. It prematurely introduced the answer to a mystery we haven't run into yet, and all that happened with the main cast was they sat in a magic bubble and then got out of it.
Compared to the actual way the three sages stuff gets revealed later in the manga, being told directly to the characters themselves, means that we only ever know what they do, and also lets Riko recognize the compass in the story, which she wouldn't be able to if she wasn't told the story, or only told the story from after they started their descent.

Mixed feelings on the start to the season, but there is plenty of other stuff to come. I just hope they save the rest of the story of the three sages for the proper time.
Jul 6, 2022 2:17 PM
Dec 2020
wow..wow...woah... just wow.. after 5 yrs long.. just wow.....
Jul 6, 2022 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
A bit odd they started the anime with Vueko's story, but I can see why they did that in order to introduce her character and create parallels with Riko's journey. Either way, Made in Abyss is back and this first episode has been 10/10. Next one can't come soon.
Jul 6, 2022 3:40 PM

Sep 2013
Good start. I'm still wondering how Liza's Balloon message reached the the surface since there's the sea in between the fifth and sixth layer.
Jul 6, 2022 4:09 PM
Dec 2014
Stark700 said:
It's been 5 years but felt like yesterday. The world of Made in Abyss remains dangerous as ever with the 6th layer and the Golden City.

So happy to see the main cast back with Reg, Riko, and the others. Irumyuui makes an important appearance this episode and her personality is so far how I had pictured from the manga. The animation quality still looks neat even after all these years. It's going to be another glorious journey this season and I'm pretty excited to see the rest of it.

Don't forget to watch Movie 3 before you continue Season 2 any further. Might as well re-watch Season 1 or the two Recap Movies. You should have noticed that something is wrong, because you skipped a lot.

EDIT: Nvm just saw that you are caught up to the manga. Neitherless I recommend watching Movie 3. It is really good.
foxssinJul 6, 2022 4:14 PM
Jul 6, 2022 4:10 PM

Jul 2019
What a way to start a new season! Full of heart, music, playfulness, dread, and absolute beauty in it all.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 6, 2022 4:18 PM
Aug 2019
Cool they started like this, mixing the storyline of the three sages and riko, reg and nanachi's travel. Vueko's complete backstory was told to Riko, which I think in manga works but definetely adapting it like this was the best choice. Also I couldn't have waited that long to see Vueko onscreen xd
Jul 6, 2022 4:22 PM
Apr 2021
FART REVERB!!!!!
Jul 6, 2022 4:25 PM

Apr 2013
5 years later and 3 minutes into season 2 I'm already incredibly disturbed. Let's go.
Jul 6, 2022 4:42 PM
Jan 2020
Drez05 said:
Anyone knows if this season is going to stream in Crunchyroll?
its going to be exclusive to some new streaming service called HIDIVE
Jul 6, 2022 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
Made in Abyss returns to show us what good world building and character development is along with its superb soundtrack. 10/10 first episode
Jul 6, 2022 5:04 PM

May 2021
Not even 20 seconds in lol. New character introduced with a story set in the past and watching it, I can't help but think that the Abyss was narrower than it is in the present day. I could be misinterpreting things but that's definitely something to look out for.

And of course, Kevin Penkin and the background art delivered, as expected.

Jul 6, 2022 5:23 PM

Feb 2011
You know Made in Abyss is back when it has sniffing, peeing and shitting all in the same episode. Seriously show would've been so much better without this weird stuff in it...
Jul 6, 2022 5:24 PM

Oct 2009
The art & music is beautiful. Don't really know why we needed to see Riko take a shit lol

Jul 6, 2022 5:24 PM
Dec 2013
Well, this is one of the few anime I've been really looking forward to watching in 2022. A lot of people saying "Finally after 5 years it's back", did you not watch the 3rd movie? It hasn't even been 2 years when I first watched it, and I watched it as soon as the blu-ray rip was uploaded with subs. So to me, after 1 year and 9 months, it's finally back. (Seriously, if you're an anime-only and you haven't watched Movie 3, stop watching Season 2 and go watch Movie 3 before continuing S2.)

Didn't get to see much of the main trio in this episode, and it seemed to start with a flashback involving characters who I don't know, going to the same place the main trio were going. Not sure how many years ago it's taking place, though. Those characters are probably all dead now. Nothing really happened in this episode though, apart from Riko taking a shit, and the trio finally arriving to the Golden City at the end of the episode. The adventure should start for real next episode. Glad to see it back in TV format again.
wildhoodJul 9, 2022 2:11 PM
Jul 6, 2022 5:30 PM

Jun 2020
could someone remind me what manga chapters this series of events is from
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.