Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 20, 2016 7:16 PM

Jun 2012
MoeGod said:
Snaita said:

It's a valid question... During the series it was made clear that Goku and the others always point their attacks to the air so that they don't destroy the planet, that was one of the things that Dragon Ball original excel at, comparing other animes where MC's damage everything without knowing if the planet or people die. You can't simply use Ki control as an answer for huge flaws that this sequel has.
Even more, if the Kameaha kills resurrected Frieza and Frieza can destroy Earth how come Earth would come out "unscathed" by the blast that kills Frieza? It's just that Toei isn't even trying anymore as long the sales are good they won't do shit to fix inconsistencies in the story or in the animation which is just sad.

Frieza had already returned to his original form, which was already weaker than normal Goku to begin with at this point. A decent Kamehameha from a Saiyan God would be more than enough to destroy him. I don't think the fact that Frieza has enough Ki to destroy the Earth has anything to do with his body endurance.

As far as DB is concern, we've seen no correlation between physical strength and Ki potential. I mean Kid Buu has the power to destroy Earth with a simple blast but in the end he got obliterated by an attack that didn't destroy Earth despite it containing the energy of most humans on the planet. Such was the case with Cell too who was destroyed by a man-made explosion (since technically Gero created the self-destructing device that Cell had) and then later his Super Perfect form was destroyed by Gohan's not-so-destructive-to-Earth Kamehameha. So really, I don't see why anyone would start complaining now. I'm starting to think it's because the title is "Super" instead of "Z".

"we've seen no correlation between physical strength and Ki potential" really? So they just train the body cause they like it?
"Frieza had already returned to his original form which was already weaker than normal Goku to begin with", that isn't even his original form and Frieza gets stronger too, that's his final form which was obliterated by his blast on Namek and still survived.
"I mean Kid Buu has the power to destroy Earth with a simple blast but in the end he got obliterated by an attack that didn't destroy Earth despite it containing the energy of most humans on the planet." and "later his Super Perfect form was destroyed by Gohan's not-so-destructive-to-Earth Kamehameha" those are two of the instances where you see that both the attacks fly of the Earth not against it, why did you think Goku instant-trasmission Kameaha was pointed to the sky? In this episode the attack is pointed directly to the ground(Earth), never in Z a Kameaha was pointed to the ground, I don't get it have you really watched the whole franchise? Those peculiarities made DBZ unique.
I'm starting to think it's because the title is "Super" instead of "Z", don't really care, just that one is clearly inferior to the other... you can compare on the staff hired, score, popularity, censorship, everything.
Jan 20, 2016 8:24 PM

Jul 2013
Snaita said:

"we've seen no correlation between physical strength and Ki potential" really? So they just train the body cause they like it?
"Frieza had already returned to his original form which was already weaker than normal Goku to begin with", that isn't even his original form and Frieza gets stronger too, that's his final form which was obliterated by his blast on Namek and still survived.
"I mean Kid Buu has the power to destroy Earth with a simple blast but in the end he got obliterated by an attack that didn't destroy Earth despite it containing the energy of most humans on the planet." and "later his Super Perfect form was destroyed by Gohan's not-so-destructive-to-Earth Kamehameha" those are two of the instances where you see that both the attacks fly of the Earth not against it, why did you think Goku instant-trasmission Kameaha was pointed to the sky? In this episode the attack is pointed directly to the ground(Earth), never in Z a Kameaha was pointed to the ground, I don't get it have you really watched the whole franchise? Those peculiarities made DBZ unique.
I'm starting to think it's because the title is "Super" instead of "Z", don't really care, just that one is clearly inferior to the other... you can compare on the staff hired, score, popularity, censorship, everything.

Funny you asked me if I've actually seen the series.

http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v35/c222/2.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v35/c222/13.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c322/6.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c322/13.html

Tell me, were those attacks pointed at the sky? because I'm pretty sure in both instances the ground were destroyed. Are you sure you aren't the one who hasn't been paying attention? in every case of adaption the manga is cannon so if Z was different then it was simply the director's/script writer's changing it on their will.

And my point still stands, there's a difference between physical strength and physical endurance. Just in this episode alone we saw Goku got hurt because of a simple ray gun. Are you really not able to tell the difference between training your raw strength (which does increase your ki) and the body's ability to take punishment (which really has nothing to do with ki). I mean seriously, if we're using your logic then almost every enemy in DB had to be defeated with planet-shattering attack and Earth would've been destroyed a loooooong time ago.

Only people clouded with nostalgia will say Z is superior in every way. Granted Super is not a masterpiece but it's not like Z was. It also had terrible animation and worse, bad directing and filler-laden episodes. It's truly a curse that old series like Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon had to follow the old standard instead of being modernized, which results in seemingly inferior product compared to the original.
Jan 21, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
finally the new content is next week
Jan 21, 2016 6:02 AM

Nov 2009
Snaita said:
VegitaFajita said:

i hate when people ask this question millions of times during the DB series.

Ki control dude.

It's a valid question... During the series it was made clear that Goku and the others always point their attacks to the air so that they don't destroy the planet, that was one of the things that Dragon Ball original excel at, comparing other animes where MC's damage everything without knowing if the planet or people die. You can't simply use Ki control as an answer for huge flaws that this sequel has.
Even more, if the Kameaha kills resurrected Frieza and Frieza can destroy Earth how come Earth would come out "unscathed" by the blast that kills Frieza? It's just that Toei isn't even trying anymore as long the sales are good they won't do shit to fix inconsistencies in the story or in the animation which is just sad.

Goku's attack stopped/exploded after a certain distance, but even if it kept going, it was fired at an angle that would get nowhere close to the core of the planet.
Frieza used a beam directly torwards the core of the planet.
Jan 21, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2012
MoeGod said:
Snaita said:

Funny you asked me if I've actually seen the series.

http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v35/c222/2.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v35/c222/13.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c322/6.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c322/13.html

Tell me, were those attacks pointed at the sky? because I'm pretty sure in both instances the ground were destroyed. Are you sure you aren't the one who hasn't been paying attention? in every case of adaption the manga is cannon so if Z was different then it was simply the director's/script writer's changing it on their will.

And my point still stands, there's a difference between physical strength and physical endurance. Just in this episode alone we saw Goku got hurt because of a simple ray gun. Are you really not able to tell the difference between training your raw strength (which does increase your ki) and the body's ability to take punishment (which really has nothing to do with ki). I mean seriously, if we're using your logic then almost every enemy in DB had to be defeated with planet-shattering attack and Earth would've been destroyed a loooooong time ago.

Only people clouded with nostalgia will say Z is superior in every way. Granted Super is not a masterpiece but it's not like Z was. It also had terrible animation and worse, bad directing and filler-laden episodes. It's truly a curse that old series like Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon had to follow the old standard instead of being modernized, which results in seemingly inferior product compared to the original.

I don't get it, don't you see that those links you commented show the attacks going off Earth, not inside it? Have you noticed that our planet is round... they go to the atmosphere.
"difference between physical strength and physical endurance" still the ki thing? You train your strength your physical endurance gets improved depending on your training it's that simple, ki boosts strength therefore endurance.
"I mean seriously, if we're using your logic then almost every enemy in DB had to be defeated with planet-shattering attack and Earth would've been destroyed a loooooong time ago." where did my logic lead you to this conclusion? You are the one that said that ki and strenght have no correlation, now instead of strength is the endurance? Make up your mind. Ki boosts strength but not that much to destroy a planet, remember they fight for hours if they could destroy a planet with a punch they would be almost drained after only one punch.
Again you haven't paid attention ray gun is not weak, it's a penetrative type attack it makes a whole/damage in everything even when blocked, usually it can't be deflected. The problem is it being predictable and have a small radius unlike Kameaha.
Well you can twist what I say all you want, I no longer will take part in it. It's sad, DBZ was an anime that I would hesitate to show to children now Super on the other hand they can watch all they want after Pokemon or some sh*t like that.
Jan 21, 2016 9:21 AM

Jun 2012
ezodagrom said:
Snaita said:

Goku's attack stopped/exploded after a certain distance, but even if it kept going, it was fired at an angle that would get nowhere close to the core of the planet.

The problem is that Freeza should have survived the attack if it only makes a small hole on the ground and that an attack capable of destroying Frieza would have to be pointed to the air or in front(for the picky ones) so not to destroy Earth. Like with Cell and Buu.
Jan 21, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Time rewinding is such a nifty ability. Heh, the part with Trunks saying he would slice Freeza was quite funny ^^ Can't wait for the next part.
Jan 21, 2016 11:12 AM

Nov 2009
Snaita said:
ezodagrom said:

The problem is that Freeza should have survived the attack if it only makes a small hole on the ground and that an attack capable of destroying Frieza would have to be pointed to the air or in front(for the picky ones) so not to destroy Earth. Like with Cell and Buu.

Not only was Freeza very weakened at that point, it was a similar angle to the spirit bomb that killed Buu.
Jan 21, 2016 11:39 AM
Jul 2015
I.. just don't know what to say. I was immensely bored throughout the entirety of this arc. I seriously hope the Universe 6 arc is pretty interesting, otherwise I'm dropping it along with Fairy Tail.
Jan 21, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
Snaita said:

I don't get it, don't you see that those links you commented show the attacks going off Earth, not inside it? Have you noticed that our planet is round... they go to the atmosphere.
"difference between physical strength and physical endurance" still the ki thing? You train your strength your physical endurance gets improved depending on your training it's that simple, ki boosts strength therefore endurance.
"I mean seriously, if we're using your logic then almost every enemy in DB had to be defeated with planet-shattering attack and Earth would've been destroyed a loooooong time ago." where did my logic lead you to this conclusion? You are the one that said that ki and strenght have no correlation, now instead of strength is the endurance? Make up your mind. Ki boosts strength but not that much to destroy a planet, remember they fight for hours if they could destroy a planet with a punch they would be almost drained after only one punch.
Again you haven't paid attention ray gun is not weak, it's a penetrative type attack it makes a whole/damage in everything even when blocked, usually it can't be deflected. The problem is it being predictable and have a small radius unlike Kameaha.
Well you can twist what I say all you want, I no longer will take part in it. It's sad, DBZ was an anime that I would hesitate to show to children now Super on the other hand they can watch all they want after Pokemon or some sh*t like that.

LOL seriously??? are you even using your brain? Helloooo.. is Newton still alive? somebody needs to teach this kid a thing or two about gravity. You seem to be suggesting that the Kamehameha goes on and on and on around the round Earth until it finally goes into the atmosphere even though they weren't even pointed at the sky.

Let's take Cell's case for example. How long do you think it needs to travel at a NEARLY VERTICAL angle (since it grazed the earth) before it goes to the atmosphere? do you know how far an object has to travel upwards before it can escape gravity? are you aware that the Earth's diameter is god damn long? that attack was clearly pointed NOT at the sky but almost ground level. By your logic it would keep traveling, destroying buildings, mountains, and such until it finally reaches a height where it can escape Earth's gravity yet was there any indication of such thing in the DB world? in fact the following panels & chapter after Cell's destruction, it was all quiet and the Earth went into peace pretty quickly. No news of destruction by the still traveling Kamehameha. In fact, if you reaaaaaaaaaaallly look at the panel you can CLEARLY see the ground shaped like the head part of a Kamehameha, why do you think that is? why wasn't the ground shaped like a veeery long kamehameha that kept going to the sky?

How about Buu then? well for this one I suggest you look for an ophthalmologist. Goku fired the energy ball from ABOVE towards Buu on the GROUND. Tell me, my dear Einstein, how on earth an attack that's directed diagonally TOWARDS the Earth can go into the atmosphere as you suggested? are you suggesting that the energy ball changed direction as it hit the ground? wow the Earth is one sturdy (and bouncy) motherfucker. You seemed to be unable to accept the fact that the energy ball quickly dissipated after it obliterated Buu (leaving a crater on earth but not destroying it) and instead deluded yourself into thinking it went to the sky. Please, do point me where in the following panels did you see any trails of energy bomb going into the sky.

Now before we go round and round let me make this clear. I said that Ki has almost no correlation with physical strength. What I meant by physical strength means your RAW physical power AND your body's ability to take punishment/endurance (not same as stamina, mind you). Clearly you failed to separate the two. When the characters trained their body raising their physical & mental capabilities they also raise their Ki, as is the case with Vegeta and Frieza who reached higher form through intense training. However that does NOT mean it raised their body's endurance to unreasonable level. You seem to misunderstand that Frieza can only be destroyed by attacks that would leave Earth on the bring of destruction but that couldn't be further than the truth. Stop making stupid assumptions like the ray gun was a penetrative attack with small radius because god damn, the next thing you know you'd be justifying Tien Shin Han damaging Beerus' little brother with Dodon Ray. Why should a conventional ray gun be more dangerous than a simple Kamehameha by a Saiyan God just because it's "a penetrative attack with small radius"? if Goku can be hurt by that ray gun, Frieza can get killed by a normal Kamehameha (that doesn't destroy Earth). Even the strongest man on Earth will die if a terrorist blows him up with a bomb. That's the kind of logic that has been used throughout Dragon Ball. How else do you think extremely strong enemies were defeated with very little damage on Earth? please don't say that they went into the sky because they clearly didn't. Whether you say those attacks went into the sky or pointed to the front, they would create problems as I've explained above.
MoeGodJan 21, 2016 12:02 PM
Jan 21, 2016 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
MoeGod said:
Snaita said:

LOL seriously??? are you even using your brain? Helloooo.. is Newton still alive? somebody needs to teach this kid a thing or two about gravity. You seem to be suggesting that the Kamehameha goes on and on and on around the round Earth until it finally goes into the atmosphere even though they weren't even pointed at the sky.

Let's take Cell's case for example. How long do you think it needs to travel at a NEARLY VERTICAL angle (since it grazed the earth) before it goes to the atmosphere? do you know how far an object has to travel upwards before it can escape gravity? are you aware that the Earth's diameter is god damn long? that attack was clearly pointed NOT at the sky but almost ground level. By your logic it would keep traveling, destroying buildings, mountains, and such until it finally reaches a height where it can escape Earth's gravity yet was there any indication of such thing in the DB world? in fact the following panels & chapter after Cell's destruction, it was all quiet and the Earth went into peace pretty quickly. No news of destruction by the still traveling Kamehameha. In fact, if you reaaaaaaaaaaallly look at the panel you can CLEARLY see the ground shaped like the head part of a Kamehameha, why do you think that is? why wasn't the ground shaped like a veeery long kamehameha that kept going to the sky?

How about Buu then? well for this one I suggest you look for an ophthalmologist. Goku fired the energy ball from ABOVE towards Buu on the GROUND. Tell me, my dear Einstein, how on earth an attack that's directed diagonally TOWARDS the Earth can go into the atmosphere as you suggested? are you suggesting that the energy ball changed direction as it hit the ground? wow the Earth is one sturdy (and bouncy) motherfucker. You seemed to be unable to accept the fact that the energy ball quickly dissipated after it obliterated Buu (leaving a crater on earth but not destroying it) and instead deluded yourself into thinking it went to the sky. Please, do point me where in the following panels did you see any trails of energy bomb going into the sky.

Now before we go round and round let me make this clear. I said that Ki has almost no correlation with physical strength. What I meant by physical strength means your RAW physical power AND your body's ability to take punishment/endurance (not same as stamina, mind you). Clearly you failed to separate the two. When the characters trained their body raising their physical & mental capabilities they also raise their Ki, as is the case with Vegeta and Frieza who reached higher form through intense training. However that does NOT mean it raised their body's endurance to unreasonable level. You seem to misunderstand that Frieza can only be destroyed by attacks that would leave Earth on the bring of destruction but that couldn't be further than the truth. Stop making stupid assumptions like the ray gun was a penetrative attack with small radius because god damn, the next thing you know you'd be justifying Tien Shin Han damaging Beerus' little brother with Dodon Ray. Why should a conventional ray gun be more dangerous than a simple Kamehameha by a Saiyan God just because it's "a penetrative attack with small radius"? if Goku can be hurt by that ray gun, Frieza can get killed by a normal Kamehameha (that doesn't destroy Earth). Even the strongest man on Earth will die if a terrorist blows him up with a bomb. That's the kind of logic that has been used throughout Dragon Ball. How else do you think extremely strong enemies were defeated with very little damage on Earth? please don't say that they went into the sky because they clearly didn't. Whether you say those attacks went into the sky or pointed to the front, they would create problems as I've explained above.

Sincerily I haven't read what you wrote beyond the first paragraph
"LOL seriously??? are you even using your brain? Helloooo.. is Newton still alive? somebody needs to teach this kid a thing or two about gravity. You seem to be suggesting that the Kamehameha goes on and on and on around the round Earth until it finally goes into the atmosphere even though they weren't even pointed at the sky."
the reason I won't dignify to read the rest is simple. Again you shown you have sh*t for brains or are too clouded to understand what I wrote... I said the attacks were pointed to the sky, you said no they were pointed to the ground. I than had to say that the earth is round so that you could comprehend that the attacks were shot in a way that a chunk of ground would get caught in the way but ultimately the Kameaha would exit to space(cause Earth is round) and would you look at that, for it go to space it would need to pass through the sky first... I could be a teacher I didn't even needed to wake Newton up from his grave ah... I'm sorry you had to write a testament so big and had to modify it. Still just watch it and you'll get it eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aexPE8x4E

By the way here's a piece of candy, "Only people clouded with nostalgia will say Z is superior in every way. Granted Super is not a masterpiece but it's not like Z was. It also had terrible animation and worse, bad directing and filler-laden episodes. It's truly a curse that old series like Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon had to follow the old standard instead of being modernized, which results in seemingly inferior product compared to the original."
it's not being clouded by nostalgia, that's an argument that people who started watching anime a year ago usually say. For starters, DBZ when came out it had awesome animation the only problem was the pace and that was taken care of in DBZ Kai and even so it was a pioneir of Shounen anime. If you like Super so much just look to the awesome Producer it has you will notice he's majority of works were Smile Precure animes now go see the Producer of Kai who was the director of Yuu Yuu Hakusho and compare who's better.
SnaitaJan 21, 2016 1:15 PM
Jan 21, 2016 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
ezodagrom said:
Snaita said:

Not only was Freeza very weakened at that point, it was a similar angle to the spirit bomb that killed Buu.

But still you see, Freeza survives exploding planets and to a Kameaha to kill Freeza without pearcing Earth is not consistent and in Buu case the Spirit Bomb was flown out of the planet because Goku made last ditch blast to push it and Spirit Bomb doesn't destroy planets Kameaha can.
Jan 21, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2014
Finally now that dbs has fixed up the 2 movies & added what they wanted to make it better now we can finally get into the story of dbs. If they follow the manga tho
Jan 21, 2016 4:35 PM

Jul 2013
Snaita said:

Sincerily I haven't read what you wrote beyond the first paragraph
"LOL seriously??? are you even using your brain? Helloooo.. is Newton still alive? somebody needs to teach this kid a thing or two about gravity. You seem to be suggesting that the Kamehameha goes on and on and on around the round Earth until it finally goes into the atmosphere even though they weren't even pointed at the sky."
the reason I won't dignify to read the rest is simple. Again you shown you have sh*t for brains or are too clouded to understand what I wrote... I said the attacks were pointed to the sky, you said no they were pointed to the ground. I than had to say that the earth is round so that you could comprehend that the attacks were shot in a way that a chunk of ground would get caught in the way but ultimately the Kameaha would exit to space(cause Earth is round) and would you look at that, for it go to space it would need to pass through the sky first... I could be a teacher I didn't even needed to wake Newton up from his grave ah... I'm sorry you had to write a testament so big and had to modify it. Still just watch it and you'll get it eventually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aexPE8x4E

By the way here's a piece of candy, "Only people clouded with nostalgia will say Z is superior in every way. Granted Super is not a masterpiece but it's not like Z was. It also had terrible animation and worse, bad directing and filler-laden episodes. It's truly a curse that old series like Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon had to follow the old standard instead of being modernized, which results in seemingly inferior product compared to the original."
it's not being clouded by nostalgia, that's an argument that people who started watching anime a year ago usually say. For starters, DBZ when came out it had awesome animation the only problem was the pace and that was taken care of in DBZ Kai and even so it was a pioneir of Shounen anime. If you like Super so much just look to the awesome Producer it has you will notice he's majority of works were Smile Precure animes now go see the Producer of Kai who was the director of Yuu Yuu Hakusho and compare who's better.

Oh really, so we're back to using non-canon material now? if that 's the base of your argument then I won't even dignify it. Clearly the anime makers had the same problem as you do, they don't understand gravity or even simply physics. Heck they'd rather make something that doesn't even make sense (the Kamehameha made a very big angle turn upwards very suddenly for no reason) instead of following the manga where the kamehameha clearly stopped after a certain distance. But hey, I understand the artistic point of view. I don't know how else I'm supposed to explain it to you, maybe I should draw it in Paint but that's too troublesome. Try to think of it slowly and maybe someday you'll understand how long and how far an object traveling at an angle nearly perpendicular to Earth's surface would need to travel before it "falls off" the Earth into the space (if that was even possible because I'm pretty sure it's not) like you said. If anything like in that anime clip happened, half of the earth's diameter would have been grazed by the Kamehameha before it can escape to the sky like that (not like the suspiciously local explosion the anime depicted) unless someone or something forced it upwards, which clearly didn't happen in the manga. You seem to assume that the Kamehameha only needed a short distance before it falls of the space after being shot at that angle but again, that doesn't make sense because gravity is a bitch. Your logic can't seem to grasp this.

Oh BTW, how can you explain Buu? oh that's right you can't. I don't see how a downwards attack can be shot in a way that it only grazed the Earth and went into the sky.... well unless we're using your magical logic lol. Even the anime made it clear it dissipated after a certain distance, which was close to the original source (in the manga the trail wasn't that long) and also should have happened in Cell's case too. Now before you say spirit bomb can't destroy Earth, you have no evidence to back it up. We're talking about an attack that destroyed Buu, who can't be destroyed by a simple Kamehameha (why do you think they used spirit bomb, duh). Just like an extremely strong Kamehameha can destroy Earth, an extremely strong spirit bomb should be able to destroy Earth.

No, I don't like Super that much but I hate people who treat Z like it was a masterpiece more, anyone who said such was clouded by nostalgia. DB as a franchise was already a pioneer of the shounen genre in the first place (that includes many things, not just the anime). How it was during the era it came out is irrelevant by now because we're no longer living in that era and the fact that Kai and Super had to follow Z's direction just makes it even clearer how terrible it actually was.

Take Star Wars for example, the first movie was regarded as a masterpiece but for younger people who watches the first Star Wars in this era, it would be nothing but a decent sci-fi movie. Yes it was revolutionary, at that time, but that fact is irrelevant if you're a new fan who simply watched A New Hope for completion's sake. A lot of younger fans came to be because they watched Part 1-3 and surely younger fans are born now after VII. I'm sure that's the kind of feeling that younger people in this era, those who didn't grow up with good old DBZ, would feel. Why do you think Kai isn't nearly as popular as Z despite it containing "fresher" animation and less filler? simply because they failed to modernize it and most of its audience are people who are watching for nostalgia instead of a horde of new fans. I prefer to take off my nostalgia goggle and just admit that even the original Z was nothing more than an ordinary anime and thus Kai was doomed to failure (the hype died very quickly). The occasional high budget DB movie might take in a lot of money because the sheer brand alone but to stick with Z-like anime week in week out? I doubt anyone who has been spoiled by modern era anime can stomach it. Yes, Super needs to improve on its animation but simply catching back up with Z's standard would still make it suck, you know why? because Z already sucked to begin with. Live with it.
MoeGodJan 21, 2016 9:15 PM
Jan 22, 2016 11:37 PM
Jul 2018
I'm skeptical about how long Gohan's resolve to train will last. I was hoping Piccolo would be trained in otherworld before coming back but if training with Gohan can benefit them both then so be it.

While the animation was still rather shit they did a much better job of hiding it during the first half of the episode. All in all this is probably my favorite episode yet.
Jan 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
Thank god this is over, though I won't get my hopes up for something good in this series as long as I haven't seen it...
Feb 6, 2016 9:32 AM

Mar 2014
The art this episode was actually pretty nice. I liked how Vegeta's blue aura had a bit of a yellow accent on it, it made that form actually look cool. Let's hope both of these trends continue.
Also, let's hope the next arc is not as long and drawn out as this Frieza one. :P
::End of Transmission::

Mar 4, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2014
The animation was a bit bad, but I think they did a good job with exploding of earth. It were a bit realistic.

Anyways, finally a new arc. This arc were pretty boring. I don't know if the movie were better, but I felt it was cliche at it highest. I hope the next arc will be more promising.
Mar 18, 2016 9:30 PM
Mar 2016
Tokoya said:
I'm just hoping that the next arc doesn't have shit art

Apparently Gohan decided to go train again but I'm not getting my hopes up
yeah. My friend and I talk about this all the time. He always brings up how DBZ has always been inconsistent and I usually defend it a little too, but honestly... there's a big difference between a little inconsistency and... this... Honestly, Frieza basically is 2 different people if not more given how badly they drew him in the last episode. This show could have more time and care put into it.
Mar 18, 2016 9:36 PM
Mar 2016
OrangeJP said:
Trunks can predict the future

Gohan is finally going to stop being a pussy and become badass again just like when he defeated Cell

Not to burst anyones bubble, but this trunks should not, under any circumstance, ever fight Frieza, get Tapions Sword, or slice Frieza in half. This scene is quite interesting though. Trunks has not used any weapons so far, yet he pulls off a reference to scene that occurred before he was born and of a version of him that came from a different timeline? This could play an interesting role in other episodes as the different universes are explored, which I assume they will be.
Jun 8, 2016 12:56 PM
Feb 2015
Vegeta going SSB yelling was lame af. English VA's ftw.
Also zomg! Trunks cutting Freeza in half reference tingz astyllies
Jun 10, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
That was an amusing turn of events.

LOL @ Freeza XD

5/5

Jun 12, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
Vegeta is back in business XD

On a side note, I hope Piccolo was not eating that food that was in his hand...I mean...Namekians are not supposed to eat anything, right?
Jun 12, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
@Dzsoz182 Dragon ball (the manga itself) has a lot of contradictions, and this animated continuation has even more of them:
- characters physical ages themselves are wrong,
- Gohan should not even think to transform into a SSJ,
- in a few episodes, the Room of Spirit and Time time limit rule will be ignored ,
- two saiyajin will see their facial hairs grow (beards) when the species hairs aren't supposed to grow at all after their birth.
- probably some others I let pass and some who are yet to come.
Rei_IIIJun 12, 2016 9:51 AM
Jun 13, 2016 7:58 PM
Feb 2015
Dzsoz182 said:
Vegeta is back in business XD

On a side note, I hope Piccolo was not eating that food that was in his hand...I mean...Namekians are not supposed to eat anything, right?

It's not that they aren't supposed to eat anything. It's that they don't need to eat anything to survive. They just need water. But you know... Some food tastes good so why not eat it even if you don't have to, amirite? (That's why fat people exist after all)
Oct 8, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
gotta love vegeta. and damn, that earth explosion was brutal and pretty.
Oct 11, 2016 8:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Horrible ends of arc!!!! More amazing is imposible!!!
Nov 22, 2016 2:36 PM

Nov 2009
Honestly thought the retelling of the Frieza move is much better than the Battle of Gods arc, Glad to see something new begins in the next episode.
Nov 27, 2016 4:48 AM
Jul 2014
YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!

(Also, Whis wasted most of those three minutes nattering on about irrelevant stuff. You'd think they'd want a bit more safety margin. And I guess they're just lucky that Frieza didn't use the attack that takes five minutes to blow up the planet, like on Namek.)
Dec 4, 2016 10:13 AM

Mar 2010
Whis is so badass, Omg I might be a new fan.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 30, 2017 11:59 AM

Mar 2016
"do over" that sure is convenient! All is right in the world seeing Frieza at the very end struggling in his cocoon XD
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Oct 29, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Goku looked like such a proud parent when Vegeta transformed. And Gohan's moment with Videl and Pan was cute beyond words.
May 25, 2019 8:46 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at Gohan saying he wants to get stronger to protect them. Just leave it to Goku.
LMAO at Gohan asking Piccolo to train him.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 19, 2019 12:56 AM

May 2011
Finally after decades Vegeta gets his revenge and clowns Frieza.

I got some closure from my childhood. Can't wait for all the new content to come. So much nostalgia
Oct 17, 2019 6:13 PM

May 2012
It was very impressive to have seen this more extended part compared to the movie, even though the movie is a lot better paced this had its charm as well and the way the training allowed Vegeta to also become ssgss was quite lovely actually! And yea to see Freeza in his gold form again always fun!

That special place in hell is just perfect for him! Looking forwards now after these two arcs that were movies to actually start the new content of Dragonball Super!
Apr 29, 2020 8:09 PM

Aug 2012
Until we got into the fight against Frieza, I'd say this arc was better than the movie, at least it was nice to see Ginyu come back into play. But once we started the Frieza fight things my enjoyment kinda stopped, I didn't really like the decision to have Frieza be able to match up with Goku evenly (if not in the lead) unlike in the movie, and the fighting itself was pretty dull and stretched on for too many episodes. It wasn't painful to sit through, like the Battle of Gods arc, probably because I don't actually like Resurrection of F that much but loved Battle of Gods, it was just mostly kinda dull waiting for the ending to come. Which thankfully it did so we're finally entering new content.
Dec 18, 2020 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
Frezia destroying the earth caught me so off-guard lmaoo.
Jan 28, 2021 7:26 AM

Jun 2019
Well, here for the next arc.
Apr 7, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't expect to see the earth blown to pieces just like that.
On the other hand Dragon Ball always made sure there was some way of making sure it'd come back some way or another.

Time to watch the movie version of this arc and then finally some content unrelated to previous movies ^^
Jun 19, 2022 5:55 PM

Jul 2017
Wow! That was an impressive finale - much better than I expected! I was a little disappointed when the Earth blew up again, but then the time rewind feature was neat and gave some development to Whis and Beerus. I'm excited to finally watch the next arc!
Dec 10, 2022 2:37 AM

Nov 2020
Whis has got a very useful ability, the ability tu turn back time. Even for 3 minutes, it,s still very helpful.
Jan 7, 6:55 AM

Jan 2021
Well at least Freiza gets a "happy" ending
May 20, 12:19 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Finally here at the end of the Resurrection F arc, it was fun in anime form, Golden Frieza is still cool along with the first appearance of Super Saiyan Blue, and there was also some interesting new things for the anime like Ginyu returning along with Tagoma’s character arc, but really this suffered a whole lot in the art and animation department, the Battle of Gods stuff didn’t look amazing or anything but I think it looked better than this arc overall, lots of weird looking moments, especially during the Frieza fight itself. You also have this episode in particular which included the earth exploding bit, I know that’s not a fault of Super because this happened in the movie too, but even after seeing it again it is a bit cheesy, of course they know a guy that can literally rewind time, I know it was only 3 minutes and Goku had a short window to correct the mistake but it still feels kinda dumb lol.

But overall I did enjoy this arc, still had a good time despite the problems, but now it’s finally time to move on to actual Super content, I’m excited to see the stuff I’ve heard about for a long time, there’s stuff I’m not excited to see along with that but the excitement outweighs it lol.
Oct 11, 2:42 PM
Aug 2020
Too much yipyapping and chitchat between Goku and Frieza.
4 hours ago

Nov 2012
still wish they had finally given Vegeta the win here against Frieza, instead of pulling that do-over stuff, but that's less a problem with DBS since they're just adapting the movie.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

71 by JVskunkape »»
13 minutes ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

127 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Feb 27, 2016

126 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

79 by JVskunkape »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.