Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 8, 2021 9:18 PM
May 2020
Eu realmente achei um começo interessante,não acho que vá focar tanto no volei em si,mas mais no drama e desenvolvimento dos personagens.
Gostei da revelação no final(que foi realmente impactante)troxe um ar mais pesado para o anime,estou ansioso pra ver como isso irá se desenvolver.
Jan 8, 2021 9:44 PM
Sep 2020
Pretty good start, and I quite like the OP

Anime with a sports theme was interesting at first
Jan 8, 2021 9:56 PM

Dec 2016
Yuni is just too cute, the way he's blushing almost all the time XD

Chika's full name rhymes so well “Haijima Kimichika” XD

When Chika asked Yuni about his Volleyball position and Yuni just went “EHH” and “Oh that's what you meant”, Yuni just what were you thinking ๐Ÿ˜

About how Chika gets furious when someone doesn't play well, it's not good to do that to your teammates. In my Handball training centre someone got a disqualification warning cause he judged all the other players.

Anyways, that was a good start. This is the result of when you blend Hoshiai no Sora and Haikyuu together. Tho I'm sure that none of the characters has messed up family problems like in Hoshiai no Sora...

Love the OP and ED.

How these childhood friends were separated cause of their parents work is such a typical plot for a BL about childhood friends XD
Jan 8, 2021 9:57 PM
Dec 2020
Let me just say that the OP and the END was really good but still for me it's still isn't as great as Haikyu!!
Jan 9, 2021 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
More sports anime is always welcome, but these characters have some serious attitude problems. I hope they get better.
Jan 9, 2021 2:42 AM
็œŸ้ข็›ฎใซๅ‹‰ๅผทใ—ใฆใ‚‹

Jul 2014
Being a Volleyball themed anime, the obvious first comparison is Haikyuu. But I think the mood or feel of the anime is more similar to Hoshiai no Sora. At least for now.

I thought the episode was pretty good to follow. But could someone please explain what the deal at the end of the episode was about? I didn't quite catch that. Some thugs came out and said something to the motivated volleyball kid? What did they say that made this kid so shocked? Was it something about suicide or something?
Forum signature
Jan 9, 2021 3:53 AM

Feb 2019
I get the title now. The 2.43 part is clearly about how much blushing there is every 30 seconds, that's quite unique.
Jan 9, 2021 6:05 AM
Oct 2020
Pro_Bokuto_simp said:
its angsty, i like it. the mc seems like Kageyama if he switched bodies with Tsukishima. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Yeah, it has this kind of similarities, but I still think that it has its own 'energy' and style.

I actually enjoyed the first episode. Opening and ending was also really cool. The scenes when they were playing were also well animated.

Looking forward to the next week's episode^^
Jan 9, 2021 8:13 AM

May 2016
They start off a with a Kageyama dramma setter... man I kinda knew this would be Haikyuu
v2 or something but kinda taking a bit too far, at least the drama is diff.

all things aside I hope for a good series at least, so far its kinda interesting.
Jan 9, 2021 9:43 AM

Aug 2015
That opening and ending though, especially the ending song!

Of course, no matter what, comparisons are going to be made to Haikyuu.

So Shika is very into volleyball, let's see what happens next!
#FreePalestine ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ
Jan 9, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2014
First impression was okay with me, the only similarity they have with haikyuu was Tsuki is now Kageyama lol. I would like to see how it branches off since Ill treat any story/movie/anime each in its own world/universe, its fun that way so you can open up to different way of storytelling from different minds.

On another note, Im not sure if its the cold or Yuni and Chika blushes too much its noticeable haha.
Jan 9, 2021 2:02 PM
Dec 2020
Essentially, so far it is about a very skilled setter who outskills his teammates, leading to some arguments about the teammates' effort or whatever.
He eventually gets shunned out of the team and moves to another school where he is practicing serves by himself when the other protagonist comes in and plays in the volleyball club.

I wonder what volleyball anime I have seen this exposition in....
Jan 9, 2021 4:57 PM

Apr 2014
I liked the episode, the animation is really cool and I didn't expect the end. I think it can be a good sport anime that doesn't follow the formula of "we have to win the national tournament"
Jan 9, 2021 5:16 PM
Mar 2018
As a Haikyuu fan, this anime is very intriguing. There are some similarities between the two, but there are differences too.

Hopefully it doesn't tank in rating because it's seen as an inferior Haikyuu.

Jan 9, 2021 7:28 PM

Jul 2016
So... Chika is basically Kageyama but 10 times more intense with his teammates, uh? Knowing that one of them tried to commit suicide due to it was an interesting revelation, not gonna lie.

Okay start overall. Guess this series' approach will be kinda similar to Hoshiai no Sora's regarding the sport being mostly used as a mobile for character development. Now let's hope this one can handle the drama in a more convincing way than said show did.
Jan 9, 2021 9:38 PM
Sep 2019
the plot is rich, can have great directions, the animation of the game is slightly off, but not bad, op is meh, ed is good. One sports anime along with the skating ones for this season.
Jan 9, 2021 9:41 PM
Jan 2021
The first episode was great, the plot is interesting and the animation is quite nice.
Jan 10, 2021 1:26 AM
Oct 2019
Chika having appearance like Tsukki and personality like Kageyama..
I can't unseen that now... Don't blame me for comparing it lol

So i guess the 2.43 is coming from their height difference??? Probably

Wow the ending though, didn't expect such a dark shift...

Animation was pretty good from David Production...
Plot is interesting, looking forward to how they gonna handle the story...
Jan 10, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2020
Haijima backstory is like Kageyama but way more dark.
Jan 10, 2021 4:54 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad I give this a chance. It was good, besides sport we will get serious/dark staff also.
Seems similar to Hoshiai no Sora a little.
Jan 10, 2021 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
I like how Enoki Junya suddenly has 4 main character roles in the last 6 months. His voice gives off good vibes.

Also, they changed the Noitamina block intro animation :( RIP walking chair
Jan 10, 2021 1:09 PM

Apr 2016
I don’t know, honestly. I hope it will be at least a decent sport series, let’s see.
Jan 10, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty good episode, Tsukkishima is more of a dick in this one.
Jan 10, 2021 1:32 PM
Oct 2020
I personally enjoyed the first episode! The art style is quite pretty, though I think Chika looks like a bootleg Tsukkishima haha. Come to think of it, Chika absolutely has to be the love child of the KageTsukki ship. Like, no joke,

On a more serious note, I think the plot is a bit copy-paste, but it isn’t too bad! I think it’s more of the sports aspect that matters. The characters have a lot of potential for character development, and I look forward to seeing them grow! The voice acting is stellar, although I’ll probably end up skipping any sort of English dub haha. Finally, I love the opening! The ending’s decent too, but I’m not the biggest fan. I’m sure it’ll grow on me, though!

I’m excited to see how the show changes and develops!!
Jan 10, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
im very happy that this anime isn't a blatant copy of haikyuu. It seems as though there are some similarities besides the sport, such as Chika being way too passionate about volleyball that it affects the team, like Kageyama, except the fact that Chika's involvement was way darker and imo, I that story better than Kageyama's. it also has some elements of Stars Align's darkness. Can't wait to see more.
Jan 10, 2021 5:52 PM

Aug 2020
Wow. I had seen some tiktoks saying that this anime was a lot darker then they had expected so I wasn't sure how this would really play out. I think it's really interesting so far. I really like both Yuni and Chika's characters. Seeing Chika's eyes light up at Yuni because he agreed to join him in practice was so adorable.

That ending though.. I really was not expecting that at all...

Jan 10, 2021 8:27 PM
May 2016
It’s much more close to Stars Align than haikyuu tbh. I think we will get more drama than regular sports anime with equal focus on the ‘slice of life’ aspect. I liked all the BL fan service ngl haha. Looking forward to this one.
Jan 11, 2021 9:27 PM
Jun 2020
Yuni's characteristics look like mine. Though i don't live my life on my dreams as chika do. But, i like his consistency for his passion towards volleyball. I like his appreciation for his friend and also dislike his roughness towards others.

Jan 11, 2021 9:53 PM
Jul 2020
the ending of the first episode feels to off-putting to me honestly. i can't promise that i won't be comparing it to haikyuu since there are a lot of similar elements to it, both major and minor. but that doesn't mean it should live in haikyuu's shadow.

but i digress, it's only been the first episode and I'm going to let the jarred pacing and soap opera style drama slide for now. I'm looking forward to the next few episodes
Jan 12, 2021 1:44 AM

Dec 2020
Kimichika is Kageyama in Tsukishima's body lol. But it was an awesome episode.
Jan 12, 2021 3:56 AM

Jan 2021
I really liked the first episode. I love Haikyuu but i won't compare them. It has more of a Stars Align' vibe imo. The animation looked good for the volleyball parts. And I sense drama. Lots of it. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Volleyball and drama can go hand in hand. It has a lot of potential.
As for the BL vibes, I felt em too and I love it. Hope something comes of it even if it's implicit, that'd be enough (like run with the wind and stars align)
Jan 12, 2021 7:11 AM
Jan 2017
I wonder to what extent did Chika push his team mate into trying to take his own life. Didn't seem like he got physical, except for pulling on his shirt and the constant berating, maybe there's more to it.
Jan 12, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2020
Anyone who's accustomed to these series knows the people at the helm are usually too cowardly to portray gay or bi characters openly. Much of what the TV anime industry presents as 'romance' is pretty much just fetish/paraphilia fulfillment for straight audiences anyway. Which means the attraction they'll more likely be explicit about is this.

Jan 12, 2021 6:22 PM
Dec 2020
I'm honestly not a fan of sports animes but I thought i would give this one a try. I actually really like it so far and I kinda hope it sticks with being more slice of life with sports thrown in rather than just a straight up sports anime. I've never seen haikyuu! Or stars aligne. Should I give those a chance as well?
Jan 13, 2021 5:35 AM

Apr 2009
Boutroux said:
Anyone who's accustomed to these series knows the people at the helm are usually too cowardly to portray gay or bi characters openly. Much of what the TV anime industry presents as 'romance' is pretty much just fetish/paraphilia fulfillment for straight audiences anyway. Which means the attraction they'll more likely be explicit about is this.

Eh, a lot of time they just can't because producers and stuff. See Yuri on Ice's director who has to fight to insert some scenes (And even then it got censored) or Richard anime who toned down all the stuff from the novel. Even novels aren't excluded (Kaze original draft got changed for mass appeal).

Either way this is based on a novel that isn't even finished anyway.

Jan 13, 2021 7:52 AM

Jan 2008
It wasn't bad so far. Not quite up to a standard I was expecting though. Kind of fast passed a few scenes which I would have liked to have seen more developed.
Jan 13, 2021 12:59 PM
Apr 2015
It was an ok episode , but I cant stop comparing Chicka with Kagyama (ou Sama )
And the too much blushing is really annoying
There was even scene like he should be afraid or something yet blushing !!
aoi0soraJan 13, 2021 1:05 PM
Jan 13, 2021 11:04 PM

Oct 2015
Lots of blushing this episode, I guess it's a positive that Chika isn't much of an asshole right now but it's probably due to the experience
Jan 14, 2021 1:54 AM

Oct 2017
Welp Chika's kinda rip off of Kageyama but he's even more hardcore. Dang that gotta sting, a guy almost took his life cause of him unless there was some other cause.

Okay premise thou I didn't like all the blushing.
Jan 15, 2021 7:31 AM

Nov 2017
I probably wouldn't continue if it has more seasons because I don't think we need an anime to replace haikyuu this quickly. The animation is alright and so far, so is the story.
โ˜†
Jan 15, 2021 7:07 PM
Feb 2020
I've had pretty high expectations from this anime but it's alright, it feels a little rushed both in story and character development. Doesn't like the MC at all(so typical).
Jan 16, 2021 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
finally got around to seeing this, it's okay hard to come off such a strong volleyball series like Haikyuu without living in it's shadow.. so some planning went into getting a off brand Kageyama / Tsukishima just in case you didn't already want to be reminded even more of Haikyuu

MC sure likes the blush a lot or rather everyone likes to blush don't know if thats actually BL vibes taking the lead or it's just simply cold lol.

this will be a filler show since it looks alright to look at thanks DAVID but it's going at lighting speed.
Jan 18, 2021 8:12 PM

May 2015
With the number of stellar shows this season, I'm gonna pass on this one. I had high expectations because it's DavidPro. I thought characters and animation would look like JoJo's or Fire Force. Story might be really good so who knows i could pick it up in the future.
Jan 19, 2021 3:47 AM
Apr 2020
2.43 in the title is referring to the height of the net in men's volleyball
Jan 20, 2021 4:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, since i never watch haikyuu in the first place, guess its a better time to watch this as a stretching show. Never expect this to get that kind of drama. Chika surely had a bad reputation in the past. Hope his movement to those new school won't be back to his past situations, especially when we got a potential first class members at next summer. Lets see how its goes from this plot point.

The sport itself was okay. Since i don't have any experience over it, i don't mention it properly. The art style looked very pretty, kind of make me shivering with that, especially with those blushing scene. Lol. The ost felt a bit let-down. But, its not a big problem for me. Cause i just want a little refreshing by watching this one. Overall, i will gladly watch this one until the end, without any hesitations.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 22, 2021 4:20 AM

May 2015
i'm really enjoying this humhum so far so good
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jan 27, 2021 10:47 PM

Sep 2011
This seems like a promising series. I love Haikyuu!!, but I've always wanted a realistic sports anime and we finally have one.

-- On another note, the OP and ED are really catchy.
I want to sleep...
Feb 6, 2021 7:55 AM

May 2020
-Oh look another kageyama!-

Man ,many scenes feel so out of place. But it is a fine show for now, chika past seems really interesting
โ”โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”“
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”—โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”›
Feb 10, 2021 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
This seems slightly interesting, but I hope that it gets better.

The OP & ED music are crap, so I'll be skipping those from here on out, lol.

Feb 11, 2021 3:29 PM
Aug 2014
So A genius setter with an attitude worse than kageyama with tsukki's looks, I Doubt it's trying to be a contender running against Haikyuu considering the manga has been on hiatus for 2 years and there's only 4 chapters total, I'm more suprised at this point it actually got animated.

It's just to scratch that volleyball itch which I don't mind at all.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 27, 5:09 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2021

39 by Diamond_Sel »»
Aug 24, 3:13 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

87 by HotHamlet »»
May 4, 1:10 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

64 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.