Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 9, 2020 10:26 PM

Sep 2017
Lol I really Like the final

So the movie is the next
Apr 22, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2019
Damn this was a perfect way to end the season at this point. Though I really want to see a proper finale, this was pure Gintama lool XD. Honestly though, knowing that a movie is in production definitely makes taking this massive troll better.
The first half was very funny with Nisesugi attaining enlightenment lol. And that scene with Shinpachi was shaping up to be quite beautiful, I was feeling so emotional and then that cut happened. The second half with the courtroom trial was absolutely hilarious. Hijikata, Umibozu and Hasegawa arrested without reason and that letter by Sorachi, it all had me laughing so much.

This season was amazing with a great mix of action and drama in the first half and comedy in the second half, better than the first season. Now to read the manga to know the end and wait for the movie.
Mayo-13Apr 24, 2020 4:32 AM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 21, 2020 9:32 AM
Apr 2018
The End Of A Legendary Anime At Least Until The Movie Whenever It Comes Out.

I Love Gintama It's My Favorite Anime Of All Time. Thank God I Gave It A Shot This Summer, One Of The Best Decisions I Have Ever Made & I Would Lose My Memories Of Gintama Just To Watch It For The 1st Time Again.

Thank You Sorachi (Gorilla Sensei) For Making Such A Beloved Anime/Manga.
Thank You To The VA's, Animators, Sunrise/BNP & Everyone Who Has Worked On Gintama.

This Will Be The 1st Of Many Watches I Will Rewatch Gintama One Day. But For Now All I Can Say Is I Look Forward To Experiencing This Anime Again! :D

I Will Never Forget The Summer Of 2020 For All That Was Going On In The World But Especially For My 1st Watch Of Gintama.

I Love This Series Soooooo Much. <3

Jul 21, 2020 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
This anime made it easier for me during this ongoing lockdown, especially thanks to all the comedies that made me forget all my worries.

It was a wonderful journey...

Aug 4, 2020 3:26 AM
Jul 2020
The ending was very gintama. Glad i decided to watch this show during the lockdown definitely one of my favorite series now
Aug 17, 2020 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
Man The Ending was pure comedy
It also shines on why the quality dropped after 2015 season.

I love this series so sooo much
Sep 8, 2020 9:29 AM

Nov 2013
The second arc of the anime is definitely better than the first one because there's a lot more comedy here, but still didn't saves any shit which is the silver soul arc himself. 3/10
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Aug 2018
Ah cmon I really wanted Shinpachi to see Gintoki, oh well. It still doesnt feel real that Gintama is over. I started watching Gintama on November 24th 2019 so it ended up taking me nearly 10 months to finish it, but it was the best 10 months of my life. Truly amazing anime and one of the best ever, definitely a 10/10. I cant wait for the actual finale when the movie comes out but I feel like a movie isnt enough to wrap everything up. Im about to cry...

Sep 24, 2020 6:42 PM

Apr 2007
PrOxAnto said:
It's good that I just saw the announcement for a new Gintama season otherwise this would've been really unsatisfying to end on.
Seriously. Already knowing about the movie before finishing this, sometimes it pays to fall behind (in my case).

Trolled once more. I've been following the anime since the very first episode aired, I can't believe I was foolish enough to think there would be a conclusion here. This all just reminds me why I love Gintama so much though. And having so many short seasons leading up to this point...it all makes sense. It's too bad, I would have preferred another 50+ episode series instead.

Overall it was a great ride per usual. Can't wait to see the actual conclusion!
Oct 18, 2020 4:17 PM
Jun 2020
Now to expect them to release the film in January 2021 :''v
Oct 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Jul 2020
LMAO poor Shinpachi just when he's about to have a glorious moment. And that was such a cliffhanger!! If they ended it just like that without the trial I might have sworn the series lol. Thankfully there's already a news about the final movie when I started Gintama. Just hoping time will fly fast so we can watch it already!!

I might have go read the manga while waiting LOL

And the trial was epic, at least there has been an enlightenment of how things happened behind the anime.

Overall this season is really great, revelations, fight scenes and humor.

Ja ne ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Dec 1, 2020 11:30 AM

Feb 2016
That's why gintama is my favourite anime

That was absolutely hilarious and caught me off guard looool
Dec 1, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2016
You can tell by just watching this episode the amount of love and passion the anime team has for gintama

despite the clearly low budget they had, the hardwork they delivered for this show is so clear and vivid for all of us

And for that alone i want to say thank you for them you totally made my day....
Dec 8, 2020 1:43 AM

Mar 2020
Thank you staff members of G.O.A.Tama, both anime and manga for making it. The series will always be close to my heart and i am looking forward to the Final movie. I seriously thank you for making this series. Gintama Banzai !!!!!
Dec 19, 2020 7:57 PM
Jun 2020
I thought it was finally going to be shinpachis time to shine but oof
Dec 20, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 2017
BROOOOOO GINTAMA IS THE FUNNIEST SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE WHY DOES IT END LIKE THAT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Apr 10, 2021 12:02 AM
Jan 2017
Finally caught up, man, I feel empty inside a little haha. I spent like 7 months watching this piece by piece and really taking my time with it. This finale was definitely one of the funniest episodes, which is very fitting. And that message at the end is a tear jerker, thank you to all the people who worked hard on making Gintama so great!
Apr 15, 2021 10:50 AM
Aug 2020
Well, looks like that's it for Gintama until the movie is available. I'm not sure the series can end with an hour and 40 minute movie, but we'll see what happens.

The last two episodes of this season are easily some of the funniest in the entire series, especially the last one when the creator basically trolled the audience and Bandai Namco Pictures simultaneously. What a fucking madlad
Jun 20, 2021 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
Fuck you Gintama. I actually fell for the ending this time even though they did it dozens of times before.
What a journey and it's not even over yet. I started this on a whim and it turned out to be one of my favorite series ever. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more, but most of all I fell in love with these characters and this world. December 12, 2020 - June 20, 2021. And I still have some of porori-hen I left unwatched so I could have some comedy to watch when waiting for the movie.
Gintama overall rating thus far: 10/10
Thank you sorachi for changing my life.
Jul 8, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2020
The conclusion hits weirdly since Gintama The Final is right around the corner lmao (and The Semi-Final is already available).

The first half was an ok follow-up from the last episode, I didn't like that Gintoki had to be tortured through all that.
The second half was quite entertaining, didn't expect that they pull such a big troll. I just love that Gintoki is telling what the Gintama anime has been going through ever since Gintamaº.
An unpopular(?) opinion, I enjoyed the second half way more than the first half (heck, I laughed way more in the second than the first).

Watching all 367 episodes of Gintama (which was a proud feat) was a crazy, heartwarming, entertaining ride, I give the Gintama anime a 10/10!
Well... Can't wait for Gintama The Final!
PokeProXJul 8, 2021 1:21 PM
Aug 6, 2021 10:50 AM
Sep 2020
Haha...owaru owaru sagi is the best prank ever....Another great comedy episode....I kinda cried realizing this is the last TV episode...The first half war stuff was a hit or miss...sometimes good sometimes bad..But the second half comedy was pure gold...now to semifinal n final
Aug 16, 2021 9:18 PM

Mar 2021
"Tae doth be naught, boobs art zero" - enlightened fakesugi

ending the season with the most gintama's way xD
🐐

Aug 26, 2021 1:25 AM
Mar 2020
Just finished the anime, all thats left are the two movies. What a journey man, 10/10 anime, even the last episode was sloppy yet brilliant. Hope the movies do the ending justice
Sep 6, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2016
Man I’m sad this 3 year journey of watching Gintama is coming to an end slowly. Ofc they ended this series with a very Gintama style of wtf. 2 more parts left. Also I want to say Tskuyo looks so damn gorgeous.

Dec 3, 2021 11:35 PM

Jun 2020
This season was 10/10

The first half finally went full-on serious and pulled it off amazingly (unlike the first season of SS which couldn't decide between comedy and seriousness)

Now, for the second half of the season. It took a while to get used to the timeskip. The amount of times this show has parodied "coming back from a break into a completely new setting" really messed me up and when I realized it was permanent i literally cried. But it really felt like the old humor was back which was awesome. Can't wait to see how this wraps up now
Jan 19, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2018
The last episodes of this arc were hella EPIC, and the second half was so good, I love when they do troll endings. Also knowing that the 2015 season was going to be the actual final season was interesting, thats why it had good production back then and the later seasons didn't. Still though, I'm both hyped and sad to see how Silver Soul will end!!
Mar 9, 2022 2:42 PM

Nov 2010
Gintoki became an enlightened buddha. lol Man, I would love to get a feel of those Tsukuyo and Tae boobs. hehe

Ending this season in Gintama fashion was awesome. In the end it's still about Rurouni Kenshin. lmao Regarding that Saito vs. Usui fight, I wish it was done better in the live action movie. That was such a disappointment!

9/10
Apr 2, 2022 5:43 AM

Sep 2018
And there I was saying that Gintama has lost it's spark four episodes in, incredible episodes continued, not withstanding the shabby animation (which was even explained in the final episode due to a small budget and time difficulties). 9/10, much better than the Silver Soul part one.

Only the SF and Final to go now, it's almost over....
Apr 10, 2022 6:36 AM

Feb 2012
lmaooo the buddha part is so hilarious
Zero oppai nari

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 7, 2022 2:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao that troll end, I should have expected that from Gintama though I loved the explanations xD well it's not the end at least not for the series itself even though it's the last TV entry but this season was great just like the previous part of Silver Soul, the mix between seriousness and comedy works perfectly! Well time to watch Semi-final and the final until it's all over, sadly.
Jun 13, 2022 12:57 AM

Aug 2020
what a truly based mangaka. The ending was quite good but quite disappointing because I was wondering what if the ending continued in an aspect that is not comedy. Still amazing tho, can't believe how awesome this series is! I'll remember Gintama forever

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 26, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2021
Gin chan I love you Yorozuya I love you Sorachi Fvck you (jk Love you too)
Gintama isnt an anime. Its a way of Life that I'll abide by till Death.

Gosh this last episode was actually nostalgiac and brought me to tears despite it being funny
Gintama will forever and always be in my heart<3
Jul 31, 2022 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
Seito is now tour guide, lol
Poor Gintoki, he has to go through the pain and get himself enlightened. Yamazaki have to take the all the beat, poor guy.
Or should I say Poor Shinpachi, Gintoki again stole the show from him but in bad way, lmao

Court room thing was good, it was funny for some moments.

Overall this arc is 10/10 for me, and ots my 2nd Favorite arc of the series!
I'll give my full thoughts in Gintama final thread
Oct 4, 2022 3:56 AM

Apr 2013
So... I guess they wasted a lot of time this season to get the final into a movie, huh? Explains why it was so boring a lot of the time. Hopefully the final movie will be a blast at least. 5/10
Dec 8, 2022 7:48 AM

Jan 2020
Well we all knewho is the flattest woman but who's the thiccest ?
Dec 8, 2022 7:50 AM

Jan 2020
End of Sky huh.....that's quite the ambitious title for the finale.....
Dec 27, 2022 6:31 PM

Apr 2022
what a final episode, second half was truly gintama being gintama.

this has been an amazing nearly 2 month journey, started episode 1 on november 5th and i've reached episode 367 on december 28th. a good way to end the year, with the ending my new second favorite anime.
Jun 18, 2023 10:45 PM

Nov 2017
Very sad, the end of an era. T_T

The 2010's had so much promise but were sucker punched from the start. Luckily Japan had that sh#t on lock and made it one of the funniest decades with Gintama. Easily the Simpsons of this decade and probably the greatest anime of all-time. And here's where its TV run stops. Looks like late '18. But perhaps Finals were on TV as well...so maybe a little more trickled out. 

We got one final glorious comedy episode and then the trial episode here. Clearly we've launched into absurdity at this point...

It's just hard for me to handle Gintama ending, nothing is better than Gintama. I wish I could say there was another gag series to take its place, but likely there's not. The end of the anime golden age when studios were so creative and manga could be anything. Now it's all shonens and Mappa hyper-cours. The end of an age. 

I wouldn't be so sad but it was so original, nothing's going to gag like Gintama now. 

Sigh. 
Jul 13, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2021
What kind of story flow is that? And at the peak of silver soul there is a timeskip. could've been better.
Aug 20, 2023 10:57 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Not as great as S1 of Gintama or the Rakuyo arc but I still love how it had the perfect amount of comedy vs seriousness. If only the Gorilla let Takasugi be in the comedy segments. 
Nov 24, 2023 4:18 PM

Mar 2019
Honestly I don't even know what to say but I don't mind it. I don't care about getting the ending fast as long as I know it will be amazing.

The comedy in this episode had its moments, but overall it wasn't as good as the last one. Even with that troll of an ending, the serious scene with Gintoki and Shinpachi was just so good. Although, I am a bit disappointed to not have the opening used as the ending, just like in every season.

However, I will say, Gin's reaction to what Otae and Tsukuyo said felt a bit forced. I would understand if he questioned himself after hearing Shinpachi and Kagura, or especially Katsura and Sakamoto, but even then, his mission definitely feels much more important to him so that reaction felt weird.

It is very interesting to hear that Gintama° was supposed to be the ending of Gintma, if even unreal. There was very little story development to have an ending so I don't see how it could end right there. To be honest, I could definitely see how Rakuyou was the final season, but I'm glad it didn't stop there because it would have been a bit weak. Silver soul as a whole, if you exclude the bad animation coupled with the random comedy, was an amazing continuation.

Overall, AMAZING second part to what was a good start but underwhelming second half in season 1 of Silver Soul. The badass moments and the story was amazing. There were all right moments, but the climax fight was very good, despite the "everyone is here to give you our power!" part, which, admittedly, could have been worse so I didn't mind it as much. The comedy after was good and the sad moments and development even better. All that being said, it's not as good as Gintama°, but probably the best season since then. I would say "easily" but Rakuyou arc was very good.

I can't wait to see the full Shinpachi and Gintoki scene in "Gintama Final: End of Sky" (lol), and of course, the ending.
Alex_TheForestNov 24, 2023 4:23 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 3, 9:03 PM

Jun 2016
Typical. So freaking typical. If I didn't know there were two movies to watch after this, I wouldn't know how to feel.
May 9, 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
i give this anime rating on 9/10 because Visual,Plot and character development is good.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 19, 2018

101 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Aug 1, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 2, 2018

80 by MiamoreCash »»
Jul 4, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

77 by tomoe22 »»
May 24, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

95 by tomoe22 »»
May 23, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 12, 2018

62 by tomoe22 »»
May 21, 12:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.