Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 11, 2016 4:06 PM

Aug 2014
Frieza is Frieza, regardless of what universe he is in LOL. I hope Vegeta beats the living shit out of Frost next ep.
Mar 13, 2016 1:54 AM

Sep 2011
Please keep your comparison of each show out of the actual discussion thread. If you want to make a discussion revolving how one is worse than the other, then make a new thread for it.

Posts removed
Mar 13, 2016 12:18 PM
Dec 2014
Oh shit I actually thought Frost was a good guy. >_>
Now it's just Vegeta against the rest?
Frost is weakened and everyone knows his tricks now, but there is still the Chrono Trigger Robo, Hit and the other saiyan.
I expect some badass Vegeta action for the next episodes. Though I wish we would see more from Piccolo and Boo especially, stupid tests.

Edit: Oh I forgot Monaka exists
Naoto22Mar 13, 2016 12:25 PM
Mar 13, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2015
The thing I like the most is: that the pacing is actually pretty fast compared to the usual pace of DB

Nice plot twist!
thatvietnameseMar 13, 2016 3:31 PM
Mar 13, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
thatvietnamese said:
The thing I like the most is: that the pacig is actually pretty fast compared to the usual pace of DB

Nice plot twist!
What's a pacig? Just curious
Mar 13, 2016 3:31 PM

Oct 2015
Klad said:
thatvietnamese said:
The thing I like the most is: that the pacig is actually pretty fast compared to the usual pace of DB

Nice plot twist!
What's a pacig? Just curious

hahah sry, it was a typo, what I meant was pacing
Mar 15, 2016 10:01 AM

Mar 2015
Only watching for Vegeta so I look forward to the next few episodes
Mar 15, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2015
I'm assuming episode 35 didn't air last sunday. :(
Mar 16, 2016 8:26 PM
Feb 2016
This was a nice one!!
Mar 17, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2014
Finally up-to-date with the episodes. I think it were a bit obvious that Frost used some weapon to make his opponents unconscious and beat them. For first I thought he had some illusion power or something. Actually a bit lame that they made him use poison needles. I think they could make this story a lot more interesting. But oh, well.

Too bad Piccolo got so less screen time. He is a cool guy. Too bad he couldn't release his power-beam. But cool to see that the patrol guy Jaco is useful after all. Damn he must really farsighted x10. That's really a good sight he have there. But that made Vegeta's stubbornness shine again. I guess this will be his revenge against Freeza (Frost) he never could make. And this will definitely make him happy and even with his revenge against him.

It's gonna be interesting what kind of fighting technique he will use when even Goku couldn't beat him. But then again Vegeta is much less careless than Goku even though I think Goku is a bit stronger than him. I hope he will use his God form in the next ep. That would look awesome.
Mar 17, 2016 9:22 AM

May 2014
Gidar said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
This arc makes Dragon Ball GT look like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Word ... the plot and its execution is concepted for 8-12 year old kids. I literally cringe every 10 seconds, be it from terrible animation, ridicolous scenes like piccolo chargin his face (attack) throughout the fight without firing once or just obvious storythings like frost poisining his opponents/everyone being utterly stupid.

It feels like an Abridged Fanart to me. Like everyones brain suddenly dropped to the exaggerated level of Teamfourstar's Goku.

And how can people on this forum still be positivly suprised at any of this development and comment on it in a serious matter X_x

Its like those guys never actually saw a decent, good, great or amazing anime and just don't know any better since they can't compare it to anything, cuz its their first time ever watching animated stuff :S

Do you wanna know the truth behind piccolos flashy face in this episode???

Edit: And yes even though im utterly disappointed, i'll probably keep watching it since...eh ..
This show, in its own way is hilarious if you just see it as a big parody of the real DBZ franchise. It also goes great together with alcohol ^^
great fighto indeed :P

Couldn't agree more with ya, pal. It all suck. The animation story telling and everything. It really feels like they are just too lazy to make it interesting. I understand that it's made for early teenagers, but come on! Make it more interesting. I gonna watch this arc throughout and if it doesn't get better I have to go down a rank, from 5 to 4/10. It's hard to say if this is better or GT. Both of them are truly lame.

I miss the good old classic Dragon Ball. I think it's better to stop milk the money out of this series. It should stop long time ago. With Z this should have ended. They are bringing shame to one of the best sold manga in the history. -.-'
Mar 20, 2016 9:37 PM
Mar 2014
1. Start war

2. End the war YOU started

3. Buy war tore zone

4. ??????...

5. PROFIT!!!
Mar 23, 2016 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
Gidar said:
Lolimancer said:

You do realize the longer you charge the beam the stronger it becomes right? Or are you just one of those Dragon Ball "fans" that just want flashy fights and edgy plot instead of fast paced tactical fights?

Wow man you don't say ?!?!

Besides what the fuck do you mean by "fan" who wants edgy plot and flashy fights ?
What i want is solid hand to hand combat animation and less flashy "chargin ma attack" genkidamas/spiral beams ... Look at the manga fights between goku and kuma/frost, those had decent fighting material to be animated.

And what the hell is not already edgy about this whole plot? Goku wrecking Frost with 3-4 lil punches/exchanges, like clearly beating him up for good in less than a minute. Only to be INSTANTLY roflstomped by already out-of-breath frost and his poison attack that NOOOO ONE finds even remotely suspicious XD GG, WP, great fighto
And of course only after the second time, genius spacecop was able to "see" through that. He sure seems more intelligent than the rest of them and is also a more skilled eyesight than a puny God of Destruction ~~

You do realize that it looks beyond ridicolous when you charge your flashy attack for several minutes, while jumping around, blocking the enemy singlehandely and even wasting energy/effort on newly invented kage bunshin no jutsu / next level godspeed hundred afterimages technique XD
Only to be pierced by a simple palm blast that took him a split seconds to "charge" ^^

You also realize that all his tactical chargin technically was for naught when he got interrupted/cancelled by that Bodykick ?

Explain this to me, When he is able to dodge and block attack singlehandely why didn't he just fight him? If he had the ability to "trap" him with his arm why didn't he just smashed him out of bounds into the ground or just did something entirely different with that strenght?
Why didn't he just try to attack him when he was basically on par with him the entire time ... like ever? Where is the tactic in not doing anything but chargin an attack that can easily be avoided , even if it wasn't for the poison ?

I mean why do you think Goku sacrificed himself in the Radditz Arc ??? Cause even the very first dbz villain could dodge that shit XD

You do realize that there have been more than a few characters with weird powers in DBZ, right?

For all they knew, he had a power that could put Goku down.

Mar 28, 2016 6:48 AM

Jan 2015
Piccolo is at least not eliminated that's good.
Jun 11, 2016 2:15 PM
Feb 2015
So it wasn't some other powers but some 'poison' cheating hacks.
Dec 15, 2016 11:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Piccolo the best!!!!

Frost is a liar and cheat!!!! IS the same the universe frost/freezer alwayswill be a bad "alien" !!!!
Feb 22, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2015
Eh, he WAS a scum after all...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 12, 2017 10:03 PM

Apr 2009
Boo Piccolo never gets to do anything. :(
Sep 24, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
I really thought Piccolo would put up a better fight...but I guess he is pretty useless and irreverent at this point...meh episode overall
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Oct 22, 2017 12:00 AM

May 2013
Jaco is the best. I love that guy

Jun 8, 2019 10:31 PM

Dec 2012
WTF! Chichi jumped from that height and lived?
lol at Goku telling Piccolo... Nope.
Oh snap! Makankosappo.
Piccolo grabbed Frost.
Frost did it again.
Piccolo lost.
IGIARI!
Dat needle.
Piccolo won.
Frost is like Freeza.
Vegeta stepping up to fight Frost.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 29, 2021 5:56 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy, Vegeta vs Frost.
Apr 11, 2021 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like Frost is just as bad as Frieza after all ...
Shouldn't Goku be allowed back in considering he used the same technique there?

Seems like the rules are already thrown out, Vegeta vs Frost should be really fast considering Vegeta doesn't hold back.
May 7, 2021 9:12 PM

Jan 2010
I had reservations about the end of Resurrection F, and my sentiments felt similar after rewatching the arc through Super. Now, I'm certain. There was no tension, stakes, nor purpose for Earth exploding. Not even Piccolo's death and Gohan's suffering brought about anything. Goku let Frieza live on Namek and nearly doomed Earth. He spared Cell, gave him a Senzu Bean, and nearly got Earth destroyed again (albeit he did get King Kai and friends killed unceremoniously). He could have went SS3 and solved the Buu arc from the very beginning, yet went easy and actually got the Earth destroyed, but the Dragon Balls helped to easily reset everything as usual.

Now, even after all the nonsense from Frieza's second runback, Goku still won't fight seriously from the start. Even worse, he accuses his opponents of holding back, yet Goku himself won't go all out. Seriously, what the hell?

Anyways, as an aside, given that we now have gods who can obliterate whole universes while Goku and Vegeta are doing thousands of single thumb push ups with absurdly enhanced gravity, Piccolo's weighted cloak seems reeeeeaaaaally out of place. It's a nice callback to Raditz, but this really isn't the place to show off such an underpowered feat.

Lastly, if Frost was such a great con artist, profiting off the suffering of others and crusading as a warrior of peace, how could he so proudly gloat and explain his entire scheme? I'd figure he'd try to maintain his image better, seeing as that's the core of his business.
Jul 1, 2022 7:02 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't expect the reveal that Frost was a bad guy. Piccolo's plan seemed far-fetched, but I guess it would have worked. Now the next episode is Vegeta finally getting justice for his people. It's a worse strategy for the good guys, and they tend to do a lot of this in with these Dragon Ball series after the original, but it will certainly be a climactic battle! I am a little confused though as to how Vegeta and the little pink guy will be able to take on the rest of the team alone though. I am also a little confused why Goku's loss was not undone as well. Anyway, the next episode looks exciting, even if it does not make the most sense!
Dec 10, 2022 3:16 PM

Nov 2020
So Frieza, or Frost, is actually an evil person as well in Universe 6. I guess evil people never change.
Jun 6, 7:31 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It could be because I remembered something my brother telling me years ago when this aired, or because it seemed like Frost was too good of a guy to actually be a good guy, but yeah of course Frost was an asshole lol, Frieza is so bad even his counterpart is bad.

That being said, I did enjoy his fight with Piccolo, it was interesting watching Piccolo use different techniques to charge up his special beam cannon, it’s just a shame it ended up not mattering. And even when his loss was erased due to the reveal of Frost cheating, he forfeited anyway and let Vegeta take him on, seems like a bad idea since there’s still several fighters left and any of them could actually turn out to be strong, but I’m looking forward to seeing how Vegeta handles things even if the art and animation is still iffy lol.
5 hours ago

Nov 2012
planet mayonnaise
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

100 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

83 by JVskunkape »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

71 by JVskunkape »»
3 hours ago

» DBS English dub on BBC Iplayer (U.K.)

JVskunkape - Oct 2

14 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Feb 27, 2016

126 by JVskunkape »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.