Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 1:58 AM

Dec 2021
Advance screening event.
https://aonohako-anime.com/news/detail_240805_1.html

Yeah, the love triangle was obvious from the last episode, but unlike most romcoms, it's a female rival this time instead of a male one—which is at least a bit better and kinda refreshing to see. Bu tofc, best girl Hina HAD to be the childhood friend. It's like a rule in romance anime now that childhood friends always take the L... sadly.

On the other hand though, that glasses guy is a great wingman lol. Him aside though, it wouldn't really be a romcom without the usual misunderstandings, now would it. This time the misunderstanding being with Taiki seeing Chinatsu with that orange-haired guy. Just reminded me why I hate misunderstandings and third wheels getting in the way of my ship... smh.

Oct 3, 8:55 AM

May 2020
I mean everyone was so into welcoming Chinatsu, except the guy who always thinks how it’d be going out with this same girl, I mean you can’t even blame him, as this stuff is straight out of some random JAV plot where the crush of the guy starts living with him… just because her parents are overseas lol. Now one could worry about the guy’s health in coming days, but trust he’s just too straight for any of that degenerate stuff. That’s the one thing I always liked about him… he’s focussed.

Also hey, anime being anime, they’re living together and nobody would be able to even guess lol. I mean one should be able to think something is off when both Taiki and Chinatsu were acting that way, but nah, instated Hina was asking if Chinatsu going out with someone or not lol. I like Hina’s energy, that's why. Though I’ll say again, this looks actually really good visually. Wonder how they’d fare with the matches that will be coming later down the line. Fine first two episodes introducing things around, but yeah, I’ll say it again, we’ve a long way to go, so Haryu and Chinatsu may look like a thing, but no lol.
Oct 3, 9:10 AM

Oct 2011
I love both of them together already 😍

both mothers brought them together 🥰🤣
Oct 3, 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
In some cases, I think they overdid Taiki's reactions. It comes off as goofy although still amusing to watch.

I also find myself enjoying Hina's scenes more than Chinatsu's. Personally, I like her personality more. Also, I think they picked a really solid VA lineup for this, especially for Hina. She's just glowing in personality and chemistry with the cast.
Oct 4, 3:20 PM
Oct 2022
Great luck for Taiki to live in the same house with the girl he loves. He must confess his feelings to her as soon as possible, otherwise someone else will catch a look upon her. We got to see Haryu and Chinatsu talking to each other, but that probably did not mean anything.

Taiki is doing his best about his training to make it to the nationals and impress Chinatsu.
Oct 4, 10:49 PM
May 2024
yeah ,another same anime ,maybe ive seen this type of anime for many times.
Oct 4, 11:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
We already have a love triangle with the appearance and the faces of the young Hina...
...and even a quartet if we count the badminton sempai!!!
kekeke
Oct 5, 1:16 AM
Oct 2023
Watching RomCom first time, and it has been great 2 epsiodes
Oct 5, 2:51 AM
Dec 2023
I hope they tone down Taiki embarrassment, every minute new goofy cut of him being flustered, might get boring very soon and just become annoying. Right now a solid 7.8/10.
Oct 5, 4:09 AM

Sep 2022
Reply to Gekko_ua
I hope they tone down Taiki embarrassment, every minute new goofy cut of him being flustered, might get boring very soon and just become annoying. Right now a solid 7.8/10.
@Gekko_ua Agree about Taiki.
I have similar concerns about lighting filters they use to emphasise characters. Normally they are reserved for special moments.
Oct 5, 4:10 AM
Apr 2022
HINAAAAAAAAAAA BEST GIRLLLL!!!!! AAAAAAAAAA ILL CHERISH ONCE AGAIN TAIKI X HINA SHIP.
Oct 5, 4:35 AM
Feb 2022
im actually crying, i cant wipe the smile off my face, seeing my favourite manga of all time actually coming to reality absolutely love every second of it
Oct 5, 4:39 AM
Aug 2024
is it just me or taiki fr looked like kazehaya from kimi ni todoke with masachika personality from roshidere
Oct 5, 4:49 AM
May 2022
Gotta love how Netflix and the Blue Box production committee are actively encouraging anime piracy by only early releasing it in Japan. I’m going to wait until this episode is officially released on Netflix on Thursday as is intended.
Oct 5, 5:19 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode am loving this show so far
Oct 5, 6:31 AM

Jun 2015
god Hina is so funny haha

ITS HARD TO CHOOSE A SHIP TO BOARD

glad that the whole misunderstanding was resolved pretty quickly but then another one seems to be brewing
Oct 5, 7:05 AM

May 2020
this is so wholesome
I cant get enough of it
Homura24Oct 5, 7:35 AM

Oct 5, 8:00 AM

Apr 2022
taiki messed up with the whole acting like strangers thing with chinatsu but it worked out. also they're matching.
Oct 5, 8:33 AM

Jul 2020
ARES! GIVE ME ONE MORE EARLY SCREENING, AND MY LIFE IS YOURS

From the looks of it, Hina will either be that one dude bro girl friend or she ends up liking Taiki and making things a Triangle. Also Chinatsu with another dude, the ultimate heart attack
Cornbeef19Oct 5, 8:56 AM
At the end of the day, we all love watching trash.
Oct 5, 8:46 AM

Jan 2018
The schedule of this anime is weird.

Wait, Hina is a gymnast? And she's Taiki's childhood friend? That makes her a lot like Minami Asakura. Except she's clearly not the main girl here. She seems to be rooting for Taiki. But all signs in episode 2 point towards her eventually becoming another romantic interest. Which is sad because it's clear that Chinatsu will win.

If you wanna watch a sports anime with a gymnast who's also a childhood friend then watch Touch. Because
It's old but gold.

This was a really good episode. I like how Taiki and Chinatsu are connecting and becoming closer. But then there was that cliffhanger ending. Ig it'll just be some teenage drama for some time.
Oct 5, 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
Some of the background shots of characters practicing still look slightly odd at times but the rest looked solid here, pretty simple kind of episode as a whole with further teases of the love triangle developing in the background here with mild understandings (although nothing destructive). Just a romance anime doing its thing. Taiki seems nice but some reactions can be a little annoying to watch admittedly.
Oct 5, 9:03 AM

Mar 2022
Reply to 0451
The schedule of this anime is weird.

Wait, Hina is a gymnast? And she's Taiki's childhood friend? That makes her a lot like Minami Asakura. Except she's clearly not the main girl here. She seems to be rooting for Taiki. But all signs in episode 2 point towards her eventually becoming another romantic interest. Which is sad because it's clear that Chinatsu will win.

If you wanna watch a sports anime with a gymnast who's also a childhood friend then watch Touch. Because
It's old but gold.

This was a really good episode. I like how Taiki and Chinatsu are connecting and becoming closer. But then there was that cliffhanger ending. Ig it'll just be some teenage drama for some time.
0451 said:
If you wanna watch a sports anime with a gymnast who's also a childhood friend then watch Touch.

Can't empasize enough on how great Touch is. It's nice meeting another Adachi Mitsuru fan out in the wild !

Oct 5, 9:08 AM

Jan 2018
SabreDrago said:
0451 said:
If you wanna watch a sports anime with a gymnast who's also a childhood friend then watch Touch.

Can't empasize enough on how great Touch is. It's nice meeting another Adachi Mitsuru fan out in the wild !

The whole reason I started Blue Box is cos the story vaguely reminded me of Touch lol. Mitsuru Adachi series' are so underrated.
Oct 5, 9:15 AM
Sep 2024
It's so cute to see them together.

I'm glad there will be 25 episodes of this wonderful show.

The interaction between the characters, the way they managed to capture each other's qualities was so beautiful, Even though the protagonist is a little awkward, it's normal after all he's a teenager, I feel that Taiki will mature a lot thanks to Chinatsu, The two of them together is perfection.
Oct 5, 9:41 AM
Aug 2022
I'm smirking like an idiot lol 😂, watching them together living under the same roof is priceless.
That Love triangle is so obvious, I hope Hina would soon confess her feelings to him🥲 but it looks like our boy is going to suffer from post fall in love trauma.
Hina is the best girl.
Ricky16Oct 10, 9:22 AM
Oct 5, 9:54 AM

Jan 2016
Kyou actually seems like a pretty good and supportive friend, just a little pessimistic / realistic.

I am with Chinatsu on the optics looking like Taiki didn't want Hina to get jealous of them, when reality is Taiki didn't want Hina being a blabber-mouth

Hina is a good friend too, super relatable just bouncing around and being supportive. Taiki seems shook at Chinatsu talking/walking home with other guy, but he's literally doing the same exact thing LOL

5/5, their relationship is definitely super close, I think Chinatsu likes Taiki back, but I strongly support them focusing on the goals of nationals.

Oct 5, 11:25 AM
Jan 2024
ajw215799 said:
Gotta love how Netflix and the Blue Box production committee are actively encouraging anime piracy by only early releasing it in Japan. I’m going to wait until this episode is officially released on Netflix on Thursday as is intended.

This actually reminds me of what happened with My Deer Friend Nokotan! Where because the episodes hit streaming on ABEMA in Japan before their broadcast on television, The rest of the world ended up having to wait five days before they could watch episodey legally on Crunchyroll and Amazon Prime!
Oct 5, 11:28 AM

Oct 2019
Feels weird knowing they got Ayanokoji's VA and Horikita's VA back together, doing entirely different roles
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 11:29 AM
May 2022
Reply to DandaDanotaz
ajw215799 said:

This actually reminds me of what happened with My Deer Friend Nokotan! Where because the episodes hit streaming on ABEMA in Japan before their broadcast on television, The rest of the world ended up having to wait five days before they could watch episodey legally on Crunchyroll and Amazon Prime!
@DandaDanotaz exactly and it took half of Nokotan’s run in order for Crunchyroll and APV to finally get with the program and stream it in concert with the early release. I just think that the anime industry needs to stop doing these ABEMA early streams as they are hassles for fans as well as for sites like MAL and AniList who can’t keep up with the constant changing information.
Oct 5, 3:19 PM

Aug 2022
This show could not be more obvious in where its going with Hina's character. But hey I'm all for it time for another losing heroine. The 2 mc's have a great dynamic so far and I'm curious to see where this misunderstanding goes from the end of the episode.
Oct 5, 4:20 PM

Oct 2011
why is so hard to have a childhood (girl) friend that don't want to be girlfriend of the main character? lol
I almost got hopes
Oct 5, 5:04 PM

Jul 2014
Yall wtf is this, bro is so head over heels for Chinatsu, this is how a first love looks like. Now if only the events on how they become close wasnt too in your face but the story really had to go in a way where they are forced to interact, Im not saying I want a somewhat realistic romance anime but this is far from it.
I love Chinatsu’s design, quite similar to Elie from RAVE, my very first anime crush so just seeing her move and talk already puts a smile on my face.
Oct 5, 7:54 PM

Jun 2024
Chinatsu-senpai looking out for Taiki through subtle social cues was nice to see animated. Did not know that Hina was such a hotshot, and probably one of the best athletes at their respective sport we have been introduced to. Looking forward to seeing more Chinatsu development.
Oct 6, 12:15 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Loved Hina this episode. Cute, good at gymnastics and deredere. Also, she's thickening the plot by potentially starting a love triangle.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 6, 1:19 AM
Sep 2022
i like the story more after 2nd ep
Oct 6, 2:37 AM

Apr 2015
This is giving me butterflies in a good way and reminding me about my university life lol.
Oct 6, 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Considering Chinatsu's living arrangements with Taiki and his family, I can see as to why they struggled to make sure no one at school catches onto that fact. I can only imagine the huge reaction towards the pair if a gossip-loving students catches wind of this and spreads the word out.

It does make me glad that the pair of them did talk about it since they were both taking different approaches to this, which did make things awkward between them. I do honestly see them bouncing off of each other and improving their badminton and basketball performances respectively.

On the other hand, I'm loving Hina even more with each scene she appears in. Not only is she a highly talented rhythmic gymnast, but I do love her personality. Seeing her tag along with Taiki in the last segment of the episode was very enjoyable, but it also showcased just how dedicated she was to her sport in refraining herself from buying a delicious taiyaki treat. She's my favourite character at the moment, that's for sure. =)

For now, I will be rooting for Taiki in his goal to getting into the badminton nationals. His road will be long and tough, but I do see him getting there in the future. Best of luck!
Oct 6, 7:37 AM
Apr 2022
Amazing Visual and Animation!!!
Oct 6, 7:56 AM
Mar 2018
Love the dynamic between Chinatsu and Taiki! Also, Hina has quickly become my favorite character, her personality is really fun and her design is so cute!
Oct 6, 9:22 AM

Jul 2023
Beautiful, just beautiful... rom-com and wonderful relation between all of the cast, so wholesome and it'll get even better... ughh, can't wait to witness that PEAK!!!!!!

Oct 6, 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
best anime in this season
Oct 6, 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi is now living with the girl he likes and is pushing himself for her
Oct 6, 10:56 AM
Jul 2022
Thanks Telecom Animation Film☺️
Oct 6, 11:06 AM

Aug 2018
I'm loving this anime so much. The cast is so good, and all the romance scenes so far have been so cute! I don't know, but I feel like Chinatsu is also falling a bit in love each time for Taiki, but that's just me. We still haven't got much about sports themselves, but I do think the time is to come, with the introduction of the red-haired guy that appears in the opening and the ending, and is apprentaly 2 years older than Taiki (if I'm not mistaken with the schoolar relationship that they stated, because he's from 2nd year, of the year from the last competition, right?), and he seems to be the best badmitton player from the team. I still haven't really understood how they will choose the final team (only 1 person will go represent the school? Really not used with the Badmitton scenario, since it's an individual sport), but we have enough time for that. Now that Taiki promised Chinatsu he will try his hardest to be at the nationals, I'm sure the sports part will become more important.
Also, Hina is so funny, really curious to see her backstory with Taiki, since they seem to be childhood friends! Hina helping setting Taiki with Chinatsu, while Chinatsu thought that Taiki and Hina were interested in each other was really cute, and can we appreciate how they resolved that misunderstanding just with a talk, like it's supposed to be! Really glad to see this.
Now Taiki caught Chinatsu talking with the red-haired guy, knowing that he is older and better at badmitton, I hope Taiki doesn't become too depressed, because I'm sure Chinatsu isn't interested in him, like she's interested in Taiki. But the red-haired guy on the other hand, he might be troublesome... Or maybe the 2 of them are just childhood friends, like Taiki and Hani.
Either way, really excited for the next episode!
Oct 6, 11:16 AM
Dec 2021
can't wait for how things will go
Oct 6, 12:45 PM

Jul 2016
You know Taiki will have made it when he finally gets his own fanclub of admirers like every sports team's ace apparently does. Maybe it'll get founded when he beats Haryuu?

Also, didn't even realize this show had a two episode premiere like pretty much everything else this season. Gonna take some getting used to if this is gonna be a new industry standard lol
Oct 6, 2:46 PM
Sep 2024
I really enjoyed seeing the protagonist struggling whenever Chinatsu senpai was near, also I really look forward for the next episode to discover what senpai was doing.
Oct 6, 3:59 PM

May 2019
Well, with one misunderstanding cleared up another one rises. At least I'm assuming it's another misunderstanding with Chinatsu walking with another guy even though Taiki is doing the same, hopefully Taiki will explain the situation to Chinatsu and she'll do the same.

One thing I wished Taiki would've done is to tell Hina what he told his badminton friend in that Chinatsu is living with his family temporarily and tell her to keep it to herself. If they're both childhood friends then I don't see why Hina wouldn't respect his wishes.
Oct 6, 4:30 PM

Jul 2024
I actually cried because of the scene between Chinatsu and Taiki where she was telling him that he had motivated her to keep trying for the nationals, it was so sweet😭. I cheered when he saw her in the kitchen, I'm rooting for him. This'll be perfect for getting closer to Chinatsu. And I don't know about anybody else, but I hope this doesn't turn into a love triangle with his friend or that it's a minimal drama one if it does. I despise that trope so much, it either annoys me or hurts my heart.
Born to shoujo, forced to shounen.

Oct 6, 5:36 PM
Apr 2024
I love to see Chinatsu and Taiki be together in the end, can't wait to see what bumps are on the road for this two.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Hako Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 10

74 by Ayano_Kuma »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Hako Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

177 by Ayano_Kuma »»
3 hours ago

» Jumpshot

Riz_III - Oct 6

12 by im_amane »»
10 hours ago

» Id love to support this but unfortunately netflix is week behind.

Pillsbury_Uchiha - Oct 11

34 by Firedogslite »»
Oct 14, 1:58 PM

» To Manga Readers: Romance Progression?

Miragee - Oct 5

20 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 14, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.